HàrrowR (EUW)
: That would honestly be pretty cool, just for the fact that they would probably make him pretty mobile with some interesting abilities that let him outplay people and dodge shit.
> [{quoted}](name=HàrrowR,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Ie6vbINt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T14:02:20.200+0000) > > That would honestly be pretty cool, just for the fact that they would probably make him pretty mobile with some interesting abilities that let him outplay people and dodge shit. Do you want another Vayne destroying bot lane?
Gliave (OCE)
: Whats the fun in winning 15 LP just to lose 24?
The problem of a heavy average based mmr system. Once you play enough games to set up an average profile of sort, that's your ranked career basically over.
: Remember that episode of One Piece where Goku summoned his bankai and defeated Seto Kaiba in a duel to save the Hidden Leaf Village? Man, that episode was great.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PGxOALbw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-23T13:51:38.547+0000) > > Remember that episode of One Piece where Goku summoned his bankai and defeated Seto Kaiba in a duel to save the Hidden Leaf Village? Man, that episode was great. Thought was an episode in Gintama.
: remember when
Remember when fake news was actually funny?
: When I get all them new Infernal skin...
That's the most fun the dev team had when they were making Megaman X7.
: When you get matched with an excellent support in SoloQ, but they don't accept your friend request
Yeah the instant I gazed upon that panel, I kinda guess it's either vanilla hentai (I guess vanilla due to the seemingly more wholesome emotional investment) or a romance manga drawn probably by a male artist given the art style (which isn't all that common). But yep, it's a vanilla hentai.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T20:10:16.792+0000) > > Yes they are :) thy are put with them in a superfamily. Thus nearest living relative. “Nearer to racoons than bears” you said so yourself. Thus their closest living relative. Next you'd be telling me that when you live so remotely you need to drive for 2 hours to find the next person's house. And you go "we're next door neighbours". That's just not factually true; it's only true via a circumstantial technicality. It still wouldn't change the fact you live a 2 hours drive from each other. Despite raccoons being red panda's closest relatives, they are still pretty far away from each other and are at most, distantly related; and thus shouldn't be closely associated with each other much like how we don't closely associate humans with gibbons. Get it? > Humans are “put with” mammals. I guess, by your logic, that means we aren’t mammals then? Because we shouldn’t be “put with them” because its so “far away”. It's kinda funny how you demonstrate the failure of your logic in broad daylight to supposedly show me why my concerns with it is wrong. It's incredible. My issues is this kind of reductionist "put with" in the way you use it, destroys the point of classification by outright undoing it, while we're on a discussion topic about classification. It's counter-intuitive, and it's wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T20:25:30.483+0000) > > You can say that I’m wrong all you want. Yet you cannot say anything against my argument besides “you’re wrong and it destroys classification” when in fact, i am not wrong. We are allowed to classify things by wider terms. That is why humans can be put with primates, AND Mammals. We are a part of both of those groups, are we not? The red panda is a part of the same super family as racoons, as you have said, so science has, in fact, put them WITH RACOONS IN THE SAME SUPERFAMILY. End of discussion goodbye! "Despite raccoons being red panda's closest relatives, they are still pretty far away from each other and are at most, distantly related; and thus shouldn't be closely associated with each other much like how we don't closely associate humans with gibbons." You are wrong. You are intentionally reducing the classification because you for whatever reason want red panda to outright be raccoons which they are not, for the EXACT same reasons why humans are not gibbons and have nothing more to do with each other beyond a distant relation. Red panda is an animal that has no extant neighbours. The ones closest to them can only qualify as distantly related and not neighbours. Red panda is neither bear or raccoon or anything. Red panda is just red panda. That's all there is to it. ........ I also do not deny say, humans are a part of the animal kingdom or things to that nature. I deny your misuse of common links between animals species to say cats are "put with" dogs (implying close relation) because they share the same order of Carnivorans or shit like that. You are misusing taxonomy either out of gross ignorance or deliberately, I don't care. But then come around to accuse me denying your bizarre claims as rejecting taxonomy? What in the actual fuck?
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T20:06:43.869+0000) > > You fail to comprehend. > > Red Panda has no extant nearest relative in family level of taxonomic rank and beyond. The closest relative they have, is on a superfamily level with raccoons and weasels, and then the next they have is sharing the same infraorder with bears. > > That's as if all the great apes did not exist, and the humans' closest relatives were gibbons. Needless to say, it doesn't make humans and gibbons any more than being distantly related. > > Just because you are so unique that your closest resembling relative is still pretty damn far away, it doesn't mean it's closer than it actually is. > > Red Panda is an unique animal that while is closer to raccoons than bears, they still have to stand in their own category because they're just too different from neither. > > Red Panda is NOT "put with" raccoons. Yes they are :) thy are put with them in a superfamily. Thus nearest living relative. “Nearer to racoons than bears” you said so yourself. Thus their closest living relative. Humans are “put with” mammals. I guess, by your logic, that means we aren’t mammals then? Because we shouldn’t be “put with them” because its so “far away”.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T20:10:16.792+0000) > > Yes they are :) thy are put with them in a superfamily. Thus nearest living relative. “Nearer to racoons than bears” you said so yourself. Thus their closest living relative. Next you'd be telling me that when you live so remotely you need to drive for 2 hours to find the next person's house. And you go "we're next door neighbours". That's just not factually true; it's only true via a circumstantial technicality. It still wouldn't change the fact you live a 2 hours drive from each other. Despite raccoons being red panda's closest relatives, they are still pretty far away from each other and are at most, distantly related; and thus shouldn't be closely associated with each other much like how we don't closely associate humans with gibbons. Get it? > Humans are “put with” mammals. I guess, by your logic, that means we aren’t mammals then? Because we shouldn’t be “put with them” because its so “far away”. It's kinda funny how you demonstrate the failure of your logic in broad daylight to supposedly show me why my concerns with it is wrong. It's incredible. My issues is this kind of reductionist "put with" in the way you use it, destroys the point of classification by outright undoing it, while we're on a discussion topic about classification. It's counter-intuitive, and it's wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:54:47.713+0000) > > By that logic, Red Panda is also placed with bears, then dogs, and who knows what else. > > What you're doing is a deconstruction of the classification process by outright undoing it and trace everything backwards to meet a common point in order to push for an agenda. Lol go take your tin foil hat off. I went back one line to their nearest living relative and evidently that means that i have “an agenda” that evidently you think will ruin the entire world. And YES they are placed with dogs and bears! They are even placed with mammals :O wow such shock.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:57:13.594+0000) > > Lol go take your tin foil hat off. I went back one line to their nearest living relative and evidently that means that i have “an agenda” that evidently you think will ruin the entire world. You fail to comprehend. Red Panda has no extant nearest relative in family level of taxonomic rank and beyond. The closest relative they have, is on a superfamily level with raccoons and weasels, and then the next they have is sharing the same infraorder with bears. That's as if all the apes did not exist, and the humans' closest relatives were gibbons. Needless to say, it doesn't make humans and gibbons any more than being just distantly related. Just because you are so unique that your closest resembling relative is still pretty damn far away, it doesn't mean it's closer than it actually is. Red Panda is an unique animal that while is closer to raccoons than bears, they still have to stand in their own category because they're just too different from neither. Red Panda is NOT "put with" raccoons.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:17:54.715+0000) > > Being under the same superfamily is NOT the same as "Red pandas have actually been put with racoons recently". > > By that logic, Red Panda is also "put with" bears because this superfamily of racoons, Skunks, and weasels called Musteloidea, is together with Ursidae (bears) and Pinnipedia (seals, sea lions) under another bigger infraorder called Arctoidea (which is why there's even the debate of 'bear or raccoon' in the first place, since they're under the same superfamily). > > What you're saying is like saying humans are "put with" gibbons because Hominidae/great-apes family (which humans are a part of ) and the Hylobatidae/gibbons family are under the same Hominoidea superfamily. > > I think you're confused because Red Panda is the only known member of of their Ailuridae family, thus you may or may not feel that you're compelled to try to associate and bundle them with others. And yet you’re picking at irrelevant points. “Being placed with racoons” could mean they’re placed with racoons in the dame super family. And yes, technically humans are “placed with” gibbons. Goodbye
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:49:42.467+0000) > > And yet you’re picking at irrelevant points. “Being placed with racoons” could mean they’re placed with racoons in the dame super family. And yes, technically humans are “placed with” gibbons. Goodbye By that logic, Red Panda is also placed with bears, then dogs, and who knows what else. What you're doing is a deconstruction of the classification process and outright undoing it, tracing everything backwards to meet a common point just to push for some random agenda. Red Panda is as related to raccoons as humans are related to gibbons. This is to say, they're only loosely related, and "put with" which implies being at least under the same family, is a false assertion because they are not.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T14:40:34.192+0000) > > They have not. At least not to my knowledge. > > Recent studies reveal that they have closer relations to raccoons compared to bears, which is pretty obvious really since look at them, but remains that they should still be in a separate family of their own and thus they're currently the sole extant occupant of Ailuridae family. *same superfamily as racoons, Skunks, and weasels
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T15:10:57.228+0000) > > *same superfamily as racoons, Skunks, and weasels Being under the same superfamily is NOT the same as "Red pandas have actually been put with racoons recently". By that logic, Red Panda is also "put with" bears because this superfamily of racoons, Skunks, and weasels called Musteloidea, is together with Ursidae (bears) and Pinnipedia (seals, sea lions) under another bigger infraorder called Arctoidea (which is why there's even the debate of 'bear or raccoon' in the first place). What you're saying is like saying humans are "put with" gibbons because Hominidae/great-apes family (which humans are a part of ) and the Hylobatidae/gibbons family are under the same Hominoidea superfamily. In this respect, you can see the flaw of that reasoning. I think you're confused because Red Panda is the only known member of of their Ailuridae family, thus you may or may not feel that you're compelled to try to associate and bundle them with their closely related other. But unfortunately, that's what they really tried to do for the longest time and it doesn't work well on Red Panda because they're just too unique and thus they have no choice but to settle a new family category just for Red Panda.
Manxxom (NA)
: "You should have not played with fire."
If only Tibbers is as active as Star Platinum and doesn't go 'Ora Ora' only AFTER you're dead.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-22T04:53:47.916+0000) > > Giant Panda were also in a tight spot of whether they should be classified as bear or raccoons due to sharing similarities to both (there are also times where people say fuck it and put them in their own special category for a time), until a much more recent studies finally settled the debate with yes, Giant Panda are bears, and a living fossil one at that; hence the confusion in the first place as they are the most basal members of the bear family. > > Red Panda are actually related to Giant Panda. They do share related look in some way, similar habitat and diet around bamboo, and they both possess the pseudo thumbs that's unique to them. Albeit, they are only distantly related. > > Red Panda runs into a lot more issues than Giant Panda in the classification though. Similar to Giant Panda, the root of the debate centers around whether they should be bears or be raccoons. However since evidences suggests while they share the traits of both they're also independent enough to be discounted from both, and thus currently they sit in their own special family (there was also a time Red Panda shared the same family with Giant Panda in that special category I mentioned earlier. Giant Panda has been moved to bear family and Red Panda were moved out into a new category of their own which is the current one). > > But then again, common names often have nothing to do with scientific classification (I'm looking at you "sea horse") and taxonomy has always been a super tough topic anyway so I wouldn't stress so much. Red pandas have actually been put with racoons recently
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-22T14:31:46.687+0000) > > Red pandas have actually been put with racoons recently They have not. At least not to my knowledge. Recent studies reveal that they have closer relations to raccoons compared to bears, which is pretty obvious really since look at them, but remains that they should still be in a separate family of their own and thus they're currently the sole extant occupant of Ailuridae family.
Rockman (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-22T05:10:58.262+0000) > > And when looking at Pangolins, my food logic goes haywire. "Damn, look at that tough shell. It must mean underneath, it conceals sweet, tender meat of heavenly taste that you won't believe; and any person who can overcome and obtain it shall receive a gift of the gods! I bet it tastes like chicken, but times 1000!" aren't they going extinct tho?
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-22T05:14:11.968+0000) > > aren't they going extinct tho? Some species within the family already did. And the rest are kind of on their way there slowly. But then again, unless you're a a human, some typical farm animal who're reproduced en masse, rats, pigeons, or cockroaches, for as long as you're a multi-call animal not in those categories then chances are you're all probably on slightly varying levels of endangerment anyway. Pretty sad stuff. Pangolins are often hunted for delicacy reasons leading to their endangered status (on top of the usual like deforestation and all that). My post then was more or less poking fun at that since that pretty much sums up the rationale behind the overhunting of Pangolins.
Rockman (NA)
: I love Pangolier
Also, I think Pangolim/Pangolin is the animal's name. Pangolier however, is the name of a hero in Dota2 (not sure if he existed in DotA mod). And when looking at Pangolins, my food logic goes haywire. "Damn, look at that tough shell. It must mean underneath, it conceals sweet, tender meat of heavenly taste that you won't believe; and any person who can overcome and obtain it shall receive a gift of the gods! I bet it tastes like chicken, but times 1000!" But eh.
: is it weird that Ducks and Beavers aren't related to Platypus?
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-22T04:28:27.507+0000) > > is it weird that Ducks and Beavers aren't related to Platypus? But are they related to the people who do duckface selfies?
Rockman (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-22T04:28:27.507+0000) > > is it weird that Ducks and Beavers aren't related to Platypus? why is a red panda bear not a panda or a bear
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5cLzuAgw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T04:31:27.271+0000) > > why is a red panda bear not a panda or a bear Giant Panda were also in a tight spot of whether they should be classified as bear or raccoons due to sharing similarities to both (there are also times where people say fuck it and put them in their own special category for a time), until a much more recent studies finally settled the debate with yes, Giant Panda are bears, and a living fossil one at that; hence the confusion in the first place as they are the most basal members of the bear family. Red Panda are actually related to Giant Panda. They do share related look in some way, similar habitat and diet around bamboo, and they both possess the pseudo thumbs that's unique to them. Albeit, they are only distantly related. Red Panda runs into a lot more issues than Giant Panda in the classification though. Similar to Giant Panda, the root of the debate centers around whether they should be bears or be raccoons. However since evidences suggests while they share the traits of both they're also independent enough to be discounted from both, and thus currently they sit in their own special family (there was also a time Red Panda shared the same family with Giant Panda in that special category I mentioned earlier. Giant Panda has been moved to bear family and Red Panda were moved out into a new category of their own which is the current one). But then again, common names often have nothing to do with scientific classification (I'm looking at you "sea horse") and taxonomy has always been a super tough topic anyway so I wouldn't stress so much.
: >Rageblade helps because of Guinsoo's Rage being an thing that changes up how Aatrox in that design can change how stack his counters like how it change's Yi's Double Strike behaviours. Sure, but it doesn't change how he WANTS to stack his counters. Are there any situations where having rageblade makes you want to stack a different ability than you would if you didn't have a rageblade? I don't think so. It may be useful for him, but there isn't a situation where it ever alters his decision making. >Also I expanded on that in my "head-canon" Aatrox rework pitch on page 2 of comment page, where various things such as E and R are put into supplementing that main idea i pitched for W. I see how they support the w with extra stacks, but I don't see how the W's changed design changes the paradigm of "there is a best toggle for each situation". It seems like you were trying to address that problem, but I don't see how it does. Just to be direct, I don't think the toggles being on separate counters is necessarily a good idea. All you add with that is making it guaranteed that Aatrox will get one of each toggle off in each fight because he enter with one of each primed. However, once he's in a fight, I can't think of a single situation where you're going to switch away from the ability you want a cast of to stack up a less useful one. I think this actually decreases the ability for Aatrox to chose what toggle he wants to use, because he's punished in the short-term for not committing as soon as the W procs, instead of being able to switch at any time. Having one proc of each guaranteed in each fight could also necessitate slightly weakening them. Also, just as a very quick note regarding your rework idea: You have the R give AD, and AS, and MS, and range, two cooldown reduction effects, and an increase to his Q speed. Unless the numbers are so small as to be meaningless (in which case they shouldn't be there), that is the biggest steroid in the game by an insane margin, and you have a very large potential duration that isn't that hard to get. You could take half that ability off of it, and it would still be incredibly strong. Limiting it based on having to get 3 takedowns (which can be before the ult cast) for max duration isn't going to make that balanced. >I also don't believe every and all champ should have the most intricate kit synergy and groundbreaking combo there is, Sure, but your earlier statement was that the toggle can be a tool for skill expression, which I think does require at least a little bit of decision making. I'm not seeing that represented here.
> [{quoted}](name=Sightless66,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=orobgNQT,comment-id=00050002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T20:04:42.125+0000) > > Sure, but it doesn't change how he WANTS to stack his counters. Are there any situations where having rageblade makes you want to stack a different ability than you would if you didn't have a rageblade? I don't think so. It may be useful for him, but there isn't a situation where it ever alters his decision making. Not every synergy need to be expressed via combo or something to that nature. You can synergy in a passive manner just fine. But even then, I sort of considered this. Because remember how I wrote that if his E coincides with the W proc, both effect goes off and W's range would be extended to match that of E's extended range? A smart Aatrox in a duel, would try to make it so that also aligns with the Guinsoo's Rage proc of the Rageblade to make it super worth. Rageblade also goes very well with Aatrox in this design because it would also interact with Aatrox's W stacking mechanism which would be pretty useful in extended trades. Not only that, in this design E is also counted for the W's counter. It'll probably be a challenge for the players to somehow keep track of all of that in teamfights though. But I've kind of intended this Aatrox to just go ham in teamfights because that's only fitting. Even then, that mental tabbing is also something the player could look to master for the champ. I did kind of made my design of Aatrox revolve around Rageblade, though. Not sure if that's a good idea since Rageblade has for a good while been a problem item. > I see how they support the w with extra stacks, but I don't see how the W's changed design changes the paradigm of "there is a best toggle for each situation". It seems like you were trying to address that problem, but I don't see how it does. > > Just to be direct, I don't think the toggles being on separate counters is necessarily a good idea. All you add with that is making it guaranteed that Aatrox will get one of each toggle off in each fight because he enter with one of each primed. However, once he's in a fight, I can't think of a single situation where you're going to switch away from the ability you want a cast of to stack up a less useful one. I think this actually decreases the ability for Aatrox to chose what toggle he wants to use, because he's punished in the short-term for not committing as soon as the W procs, instead of being able to switch at any time. Having one proc of each guaranteed in each fight could also necessitate slightly weakening them. Since the 2 procs have different focus, one is offence and the other is sustain, Aatrox would still switch his W during fight. I also designed it this way because I want to make it so that Aatrox has to constantly set and reset his pace in a fight (the thematic reason is that Aatrox in the current lore, while is all gung ho and super mad and kinda just wants to be be Killed In Action once and for all, but a part of him still wishes a death fitting for a warrior that he was, defeated by an equally skilled opponent. And to that end, he despite forsaking everything, he never it it for his combat form and tactics; because maybe, just maybe, the next person he faces will be the one that will finally give him the grand duel he wants so bad. And I think Aatrox's old W can be reframed into that, and thus I attempted a way to satisfy that with this new W I designed). Does he want to open with 2 procs (with or without E empower for additional burst for maybe shorter trades) or does he wants to position his 2 procs in some way it makes him better positioned in extended trades somehow (and remember, E also count as an instance of auto-attack for the W's counter)? I was thinking in terms of allowing Aatrox to set the pace of his powerspike while giving an otherwise stat steroid some kind of minigame factor with the opponent, but not so much it defeats what's always meant to be some variant of a 3-hit-lord passive stat steroid. But I sort of understand your concern. You're concerned that once Aatrox uses both primes, he's probably just gonna stick to 1 and not really the other until he has to, since why bother stacking from fresh and potentially make the stacking process longer as you joggle between 2 un-prime procs when you could just stick with 1 for more consistent procs? I get what you mean. A good question, really. My response is 2 minded: * Part of me thingks it's okay his kit is just that way. Since W clearly indicates the powerspike of Aatrox for the opponent, with E and Rageblade being the only wildcards that can affect it (the former is an active wildcard, the latter is passive). And then it is thus up to the Aatrox player themselves to pace his W well. Maybe they want to stick with 1 proc for more consistent procing, but maybe they can also delay the proc by switching which means while yes it means the priming process would probably take longer but you get to do 2 procs together one after the another. The opponent is also tasked with trying to guess how Aatrox player is trying to pace his W and how they should play with it. So all is well. * The other part of me is proposing a potential addition of minor effect on un-prime hits. Meaning, Aatrox permanently gets procs, normally he just gets the presumably the significantly weaker version of the current proc of choice on W, and when prime he gets to do the full thing. So Aatrox would be encouraged to switch often because he gets something out of it regardless, and if he can pace the prime well he gets to do even better. However, I personally disagree with this approach. Because I think it eliminates weakness windows and play factors of Aatrox in this design as W no longer has choices since he gets stuff regardless of how well he uses it which makes in my view, probably more auto-pilot-y than the other design and cheapens the dynamics set up for his W, E, and whatnot, and making playing against and trying to balance him just a little bit harder. What do you think? > Also, just as a very quick note regarding your rework idea: You have the R give AD, and AS, and MS, and range, two cooldown reduction effects, and an increase to his Q speed. Unless the numbers are so small as to be meaningless (in which case they shouldn't be there), that is the biggest steroid in the game by an insane margin, and you have a very large potential duration that isn't that hard to get. You could take half that ability off of it, and it would still be incredibly strong. Limiting it based on having to get 3 takedowns (which can be before the ult cast) for max duration isn't going to make that balanced. To clarify, only his Q receives 2 CDR effects; the rest only has 1. And I also made an exception to prevent E being counted as an AA in that very specific context of CDR during R, so that E can't quite literally reduce its own CD when it's used. And the reason why I felt compelled to make Q so spammable in his R, is because I feel it's only the appropriate dramatic and thematic level to give Aatrox such insane mobility when he unleashes his real power, so that he can wreck havoc and destruction across the battlefield like an unstoppable menace that he is (also, I mean he has wings). And if you think CDR during R is still too much of an overkill, which is a fair criticism, I think we can make it so that all the CDR factors in R are removed except for Q, which retains the CDR on-hit but no longer has E's additional CDR interaction. I think that is a solid compromise. ........ But yes, the ability's duration is something I thought for a long time. I can't quite settle a number for its activation duration. Thus numbers I've provided are purely for illustrative purposes than something set in stone. The way it is as I'd proposed, where starting 5 seconds, and can score extend by scoring takedowns both before or during R, with each worth 4 seconds and can store up to 15, came about because I envisioned an Aatrox in which they are posed a choice of: A rather short and very situational period of being OP, an extended period of OP from previously intentionally saving ulti in fights, or gamble if he can get chainkill to keep it going. I conceptualised that because I imagined his ulti in the image of him unleashing his eons long worth of bottled wrath. Hence how I named the 2 components of the ability "Incarnation of Wrath" (hence either a 5 second flash OP, or you want to build it up to a critical mass THEN unleash it, or you just want to let it loose and hope you can keep going for as long as you could?) and "The World in Silence" (ironic given it would be exceptionally loud as that's the height of his carnage, but it would indeed be absolutely silent when everything is dead after the said carnage). It's supposed to make him almost invincible given that's the manifestation of his extreme anger and agony hence the over-the-top stat boost; where I made his ulti a question of: Will you unleash wrath in an explosion, or will he control and exploit his own wrath with some cunning to achieve even greater heights? Needless to say, things can be tweaked around if that's too much but that's the design rationale behind it. I kinda chose the initial duration to be 5 as opposed to something of a lower value because "teehee Tryndamere, get it?", though also because I fear value lower than 5 for a start can potentially render it too niche. Maybe make it 3/4/5 seconds initial duration that grows with spell level; and if you think max 15 second (which was initially determined based on the other steroid ultis in the game) is too much we can knock it down to maybe 10, or make it 8/9/10 in the vein of the initial; and in that case we make the extra from takedowns each worth maybe 2 or 3 seconds. Or something like that, it can certainly be playtested and experimented.
: You must be new here. They did do that. Season 1-3 i believe they had Starter Pack and the Champion Bundle that you could purchase the game with. There was even a Digital Collectors pack that included all of the champions in the game as well as a few xp boosts to get to level 30 faster. Some of these bundles came with exclusive skins like Black Alistar and Young Ryze.
> [{quoted}](name=PhoenixArc,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AKNt8aHx,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-08-21T21:24:57.687+0000) > > You must be new here. They did do that. Season 1-3 i believe they had Starter Pack and the Champion Bundle that you could purchase the game with. There was even a Digital Collectors pack that included all of the champions in the game as well as a few xp boosts to get to level 30 faster. Some of these bundles came with exclusive skins like Black Alistar and Young Ryze. You had to purchase both the Champions Bundle and Collector's Pack to obtain all of the launch roster. And it obviously didn't include skins (only contained the special skins that came with the bundle but otherwise no other skins) and it was only at the very start of the game when there was like 40 champs and it doesn't extend to any releases beyond what's included in the pack. What I'm referring to is basically is being able to purchase an "unlocked" status for your account where all contents in the game are unlocked for now and any content in the future as if you have purchased the golden pass to the game that holds the key to everything that will ever be in the game in 1 go, which is atm only available (I think for free) to tournament players since they're sponsored by Riot. Needless to say, a sensible price for something like that probably will never exceed $200 dollars so long we're not dealing with ripoffs. And obviously Riot can't have that, since they want to sell you bits and pieces each worth $10-15 dollars; and such a privilege is only given to pro players who've each on their own already made Riot thousands if not millions.
: Riot Game$ should recheck its values.
I personally never quite get the amount of outrage Riot got for Eternals. Now, I think it's absurd and frankly bizarre to even charge players (and for like $8) for something that appears should be free for everyone as a general QoL update of the game. But does it really warrant the level of fury from the playerbase in response to it? I don't even know.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6XUb3Lwt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T15:10:51.215+0000) > > Hold up. > > For a post supposedly complaining about the wild grammatical errors in the "Did you know:" section in the loading screen, you're clearly saying there is no problem but you're just mad about it because reasons? > > Clauses linked together by a comma where the follow-up does not have a subject means they are clearly dependent. The issue here seems to be that you're confusing between dependent and independent clauses and therefore you arrive at the conclusion that they are both written incorrectly. > > This is a stylistic criticism. It has nothing to do with grammar. > > ???? > > So that's a good thing? > > Again, stylistic nitpick. Nothing to do with grammar. > > Meanwhile, speaking of "(isn't) technically wrong [...] serious awkwardness to the phrasing"... Gotta love the community for avoiding talking about the problem and instead attempting to criticize the one bringing up the issue. You could've easily agreed with me and said that grammar was important based on where you're coming from. Instead you made nonsensical comments suggesting that serial commas and fragments had nothing to do with grammar. You were unable to imagine a sentence like this one with two independent clauses where the second should have a subject but doesn't, and that's something you'd run into on loading screens within just a few games. You correctly identified a spelling error, but you incorrectly tried to label a perfectly normal, commonly used sentence format as awkward phrasing. Your suggestion that I'm "mad" about this because "reasons," implying I have no valid reasons, calls into question your reading comprehension abilities. Almost every Did You Know text contains one or more glaring grammatical errors that anyone with a basic middle school reading level would spot. I realize this leaves you out. These errors reflect badly on the game, but they could be a good opportunity for you to practice identifying sentence structure to better inform your posts and may therefore serve a good purpose.
> [{quoted}](name=southpawxc,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6XUb3Lwt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T17:52:45.113+0000) > Gotta love the community for avoiding talking about the problem and instead attempting to criticize the one bringing up the issue. You could've easily agreed with me and said that grammar was important based on where you're coming from. Instead you made nonsensical comments suggesting that serial commas and fragments had nothing to do with grammar. You can write a sentence with as many commas as you like until it became a crippling factor. So long it's within a reasonable range that the ideas can come across without being chopped into undecipherable pieces and that the sentence is not some never-ending train of thought, then the amount of commas is usually a stylistic factor. > You were unable to imagine a sentence like this one with two independent clauses where the second should have a subject but doesn't, and that's something you'd run into on loading screens within just a few games. Two independent clauses wouldn't be connected by a comma since they would be connected by either a semi-colon (if they're closely related) or a period. And if they're within the same sentence separated by a comma than that must mean they're on the same subject so long there isn't a grammatical mistake already, which means the following clause doesn't always have to have a subject. You have to give me a precise example, then we can judge whether or not it is grammatically wrong. Because a following clause not having a subject is entirely possible and can be correct in theory. > You correctly identified a spelling error, but you incorrectly tried to label a perfectly normal, commonly used sentence format as awkward phrasing. You used "I" 3 times in a 10-ish word sentence. It is NOT grammatically wrong, yes, but it's clearly awkward. "I will say that I don't believe I've seen a misspelled word." could've easily been shorten as either "I don't believe I've seen a misspelled word." or "I will say I haven't seen a misspelled word." and they'd be far better presented immediately. > Your suggestion that I'm "mad" about this because "reasons," implying I have no valid reasons, calls into question your reading comprehension abilities. Almost every Did You Know text contains one or more glaring grammatical errors that anyone with a basic middle school reading level would spot. I realize this leaves you out. These errors reflect badly on the game, but they could be a good opportunity for you to practice identifying sentence structure to better inform your posts and may therefore serve a good purpose. Grammars obviously need to be fixed for the purpose of being professional. However, this is the very first time I've personally ever seen someone complaining about the grammar of "Did you know:", or at least as much as you did. You wouldn't be the only knight from the order of grammar who'd ever roamed Runeterra. So, I'd imagine if the grammar is as bad as claimed, there would at least be more of a rumble about it. And seeing some of your other assertions, I'm not too convinced about it personally.
: bless you and this meme, but what is that thing in the bottom corner saying?
> [{quoted}](name=CasterGilgamesh,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AKNt8aHx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T17:49:39.610+0000) > > bless you and this meme, but what is that thing in the bottom corner saying? Bottom right? It is a cropped image of pop up window for Instant Feedback Report. I don't quite get the significant of it, though.
Sadalsa (EUW)
: I'm sorry, i'm not seeing the problem here ?? you're playing the game for free, so what if they put prices on additional features that you were doing fine before they existed ?
> [{quoted}](name=Sadalsa,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AKNt8aHx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-21T17:25:55.354+0000) > > I'm sorry, i'm not seeing the problem here ?? you're playing the game for free, so what if they put prices on additional features that you were doing fine before they existed ? If there is an option to purchase the entire game for $60, hell make it $100, and it unlock all champions, all current and future skins, emotes etc, a LOT of people would pay that without even blinking an eye. Why doesn't Riot do that? Ofc, because selling shit in small bits is a LOT more profitable. The f2p is a still a business model. It's not some charity. Not to mention, the players still need to commit time to earn the "free" contents. It's not like it's free in the first place because time is quite literally money. It's the same kind of 'free' that you need to finish a survey for the shop to get your "free" burger or whatever; it's just not free, and only so in a very specific context of cash but not wholly given free of charge as you just paid it in other forms instead.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T17:22:07.338+0000) > > Ok ill be a goody goody little %%%%%% that adheres to all the rules always! :) > Never question things! And god forbid you should ever disagree with society!! :o The fact you even manage to get banned by Riot's already grossly incompetent player behaviour system in a display of misconduct so bizarrely wrong, it already sealed this case before it'd begun. You're basically going "Woe is me! God forbid you ever disagree with society!!" after you got jailed for battery and assault, which you also knew full well before hand is no good but you try your hardest to rationalise it as a form of bro-ish bonding or whatever. Yeah, no.
: WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP MAKING GUN AND SHOOTING REFERNCES?! Why do you think that every point you make should make it seem like I'm a mass murderer with my words. Talk about blowing things out of proportion lol omg!
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-08-21T17:03:58.686+0000) > > WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP MAKING GUN AND SHOOTING REFERNCES?! > Why do you think that every point you make should make it seem like I'm a mass murderer with my words. > Talk about blowing things out of proportion lol omg! It's the same as how you can model electricity system after valves, pipes, and water. It's called logical substitution. It doesn't mean they have to be on the same level of idk, severity for the lack of better terms. After all, something as tiny as a 0.01 Ampere electrical current already has the potential to kill you whereas it takes a lot more water to kill a person with it. But such model can be used and is useful to illustrate how electrical system works on _a mechanical level_ for the starters. Substitution doesn't automatically imply equivalence. ........ Secondly, as cliche as it is, words do carry power. A lot of power in fact. If a single signature from the president can say, cut funding to all hospitals and putting so many people's livelihood on the line, what makes you think it's "just words"? Same as how the vast majority of abuse that even happen are carried by mental abuse inflicted by words as opposed to physical. It's very complicated, but the bottom line is that words are not something that has no significance. 'Underestimating' would be a gross overestimation of such attitude.
: with no list people are bound to fuck up
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:52:19.034+0000) > > with no list people are bound to fuck up You have first think about a sentence while you're busy gaming, physically type the sentence out, and THEN press Enter for something to appear in another person's chat log. You don't "fuck up" by managing to jump through all these hoops without any issues. That's clearly a 'you' problem. It's like saying you pulling your gun, load it, point it at some guy and then pull the trigger is a "fuck up". We know full well it isn't.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:40:13.199+0000) > > I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're legitimately confused. I'll also disregard the other problematic behavior and focus just on the words in question. > > This is because dictionaries do not always include hate speech, as it's both slang *and* extremely offensive. If that dictionary definition were acceptable in *League* (which it is not), it would need to be in the context of discussing a tiring or unwelcome task. Calling Malzahar "a [redacted] champion" does not fit that so even if there were a usage which was acceptable in *League* (which, again, there is not) your usage would have been inappropriate. > > The entomology of the word as an insult is less clear, so it's not safe to say it came from that definition. The longer form of that word was used as an insult to older women as far back as the 16th century, but other origins of the modern use of the insult have been suggested. In either case, the common use of the term as hate speech has rendered other uses largely archaic. Additionally, the word used to describe an unwelcome task (the short form of the insult in question) has no documented relation to the long form of the insult, making a stronger case for other entomological evolutions. > > ------------------------------------------ > > The above is all for your own education, if you were interested. The simpler point is that **Riot makes the rules for what behavior is acceptable in their game, and this behavior has been deemed unacceptable**. You can accept that and adjust your behavior, continue your behavior and end up permanently banned, or find another game. This is not a policy that is going to change. I now understand that League has a strict list of language that is not allowed to be used. Literally the only wasy to find out what you can't say is to say it and get banned because you won't tell us what is allowed. Why is it not negotiable? What kind of justice is that? I literally offered to not talk like that anymore and even disable cross-team chat to avoid flaming if my ban was lifted. The mod completely ignored that. Why would this not be negotiable if this is the first time I've reached out to you guys ? That is the most pathetic part of this whole thing; Riot's zero-forgiveness policy for people who make mistakes and are willing to reform.
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:46:12.004+0000) > > I now understand that League has a strict list of language that is not allowed to be used. Literally the only wasy to find out what you can't say is to say it and get banned because you won't tell us what is allowed. > Why is it not negotiable? What kind of justice is that? > I literally offered to not talk like that anymore and even disable cross-team chat to avoid flaming if my ban was lifted. > The mod completely ignored that. > Why would this not be negotiable if this is the first time I've reached out to you guys ? > That is the most pathetic part of this whole thing; Riot's zero-forgiveness policy for people who make mistakes and are willing to reform. Slurs are not a part of your genes. You learned the slurs at some point. And it also clearly appears that you're fully aware of their current usage and why they're a problem. You are just busy scrambling to deflect the obvious and indefensible. You know you're using slurs and that it's not accepted on League's platform. That's why despite framing this as a question of "which one" you opened this post by attempting to justify the usage of slurs as apparently, not being a big deal and supposedly "out of context" when you used it entirely in its context. You can only go so far with your mental gymnastic.
: I prefer to use the word awful to describe something full of awe.
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:39:41.741+0000) > > I prefer to use the word awful to describe something full of awe. Yeah, I'm sure you do. I'm sure you also use "girl" to refer to ALL children. And "meat" to refer to ALL solid food. Because that's also how those terms were originally used. And even if you do, you clearly choose out of your volition to intentionally use the terms not of its modern contexts. So I am not sure if you're in any position to complain about others not getting your drift.
: Go read the god damn fucking etymology of the word [removed by moderation]
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:29:52.402+0000) > > Go read the god damn fucking etymology of the word *** Think of this: Do you use the term "nice" as an insult? Because if you didn't know, "nice" was originally an insult. What about "awful" and "awesome"? Because it used to be that the terms were synonymous (same/similar), unlike now they became antonymous (opposite). I don't care how it was used centuries ago, because that's not relevant here since that's not how it's used anymore. If %%% has been primly used as an homophobic slur now. For as far as it's concerned, it is currently a homophobic slur.
: Which word. [removed by moderation]? [removed by moderation] isn't homophobic hatespeech unless used in that context. That is the ENTIRE point of this thread
> [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:27:37.454+0000) > > Which word. %%%? %%% isn't homophobic hatespeech unless used in that context. That is the ENTIRE point of this thread It's like saying a table isn't a table unless it's used as a table. If it fits every description of a table, then it's a table, period.
CeciI 013 (EUW)
: Delete my account
You can support ticket Riot about deleting your account. They'll do it.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8xrauEMt,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-21T10:41:40.243+0000) > > To expand for OP. Malzahar has only a single ability that summons unit. Being his W. > > In the current implementation, he needs to combo to increase the number of his summon per W cast, up to a maximum of 3 voidling summoned iirc. > > Then the summoned voidlings rush mindlessly at the opponent to do damage and then would die on their own very shortly after even if they aren't attacked and killed by the opponent. (Yorick's ghouls are different to this, they only die if they're killed, or replaced by new ghouls when Yorick summons a new batch. Yorick can only keep a maximum of 4 ghouls + 1 Maiden in the game I think. The Maiden is a special unit Yorick summons as the main part of his R, it sticks around with Yorick until it's killed and will follow him instead of mindless rush down a turret like the ghouls do; this is shared by Annie's Tibbers or Ivern's Daisy). Most of those summons just auto attack or auto target w/e. We need actually interactive summons you can use abilities for like in dota
> [{quoted}](name=Ñaofumi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8xrauEMt,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T15:52:06.379+0000) > > Most of those summons just auto attack or auto target w/e. We need actually interactive summons you can use abilities for like in dota Summoned creep that stay with you for extended period of time, such as Annie's Tibbers, Ivern's Daisy, Yorick's Maiden, or even old Morde's captured ghost (RIP), can be controlled by the player by alt-rightClick (they can also now be controlled by pressing their spell's key which after summon act as the right click move command for the minion, I think.) But I agree the interactivity are very limited in League when it comes to summoned creeps. The mindless ones like Yorick's ghoul or Malz's voidlings all function via mindlessly running down lane and their only interaction with the player that summoned them is that they may have a spell dedicated to issuing target command at enemy champ for them to run down to. And the ones that do stick around and the player has more control over, they still kinda do the exact same thing of running at enemy and auto-attack just that they live for longer and the players can control them (well I guess maybe proc special effects attached to its auto-attack like Daisy). The closest we get to a tangible interaction with the latter kind of summon is probably Annie, who cast E on both herself and Tibbers if it is active but that's kinda it. .......... In Dota there is this druid guy that can summon a bear. And the bear is actually just as strong as himself (though I don't remember if the summoned bear has any active ability of its own, it's been a while since I last touched the original Dota); and he himself can also turn into another bear. The character play by either the guy staying as human and stay at the back as the ranged backline support for the front line bear (the guy has buffs for both himself and his bear companion I recall), or they both run in melee as 2 raging bears. Now, that's fun. That would be a pain to implement tho. Since League does not have multi select feature that would be required for something like this to work. And that's kinda the core of this lack of interactivity with summoned minions. Since the player can only meaningfully control the 1 champion and nothing else, this means summons can't really do much besides running around auto-attacking at best. And this ends up limiting the golden mine of possibility Riot could've down with pets.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Could Illaoi's Passive start the game on cooldown?
At level 1 it has 20 second CD. So even you put it down in base at the start of the game, you could put it down when you arrive top no problem at all since by then it would've finished its cooldown.
: First ban = Permanent
Receiving permanent ban on verbal abuse grounds and on first punishment means you typed something so utterly vile it was able to skip past 2 levels of chat restriction, the 14 day ban, and straight into perma. I don't even know if null straight to perma is even possible, since usually, 14 day ban is as high as you can get to on first punishment. That or, you were pressed other charges at the same time, such as inting or cheating which on first punishment is a 14 day ban. And then you immediately got the verbal abuse charges and thus served a perma. You can send a support ticket to Riot to ask for a breakdown of your punishment if you have to know why.
: Did You Know: Why Is This Always a Grammatical Nightmare?
Hold up. For a post supposedly complaining about the wild grammatical errors in the "Did you know:" section in the loading screen, you're clearly saying there is no problem but you're just mad about it because reasons? > When commas are used to link independent clauses, often the second clause lacks a subject. Dependent clauses are often used incorrectly. Clauses linked together by a comma where the follow-up does not have a subject means they are clearly dependent. The issue here seems to be that you're confusing between dependent and independent clauses and therefore you arrive at the conclusion that they are both written incorrectly. > Other issues often appear with serial commas, fragments, confusing or poor word choice. This is a stylistic criticism. It has nothing to do with grammar. > Semi-colons are never used incorrectly. ???? So that's a good thing? > Even when things aren't technically wrong, often there's some serious awkwardness to the phrasing. Again, stylistic nitpick. Nothing to do with grammar. > I will say that I don't believe I've seen a misspelled word. Meanwhile, speaking of "(isn't) technically wrong [...] serious awkwardness to the phrasing"...
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnQuNWXH,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-20T21:46:35.038+0000) > > Because a mage is defined by someone who fights at range with an emphasis on their abilities/spell for the purpose of playstyle archetype categorisation. > > Hence why Heimer, Viktor, Orianna are all mages by the sheer virtue of all sharing that general playstyle. > > Mages in a video game context, is not necessary defined by their usage of paranormal abilities. If you really have to go there than I'm sure the sorting would be a lot harder because now suddenly Diana and Irelia and Yorick or anyone who has supernatural power are now qualified as mages. > > That's why the categorisation is kept on a gameplay archetype level. > > Same reasons why Kog'Maw is a "marksman". Since the way he plays fits the category definition. Its interesting because I would not classify Diana or Irelia, Yorick as mages because they all use melee weapons. When I think mage I think full magical abilities, no melee (unless their magic IS melee like Kassadin). And its a pity its not lore based because the lore definition of mage is different than the gp definition. I know how important gameplay is, but sometimes I wish lore has more influence because some things make little sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnQuNWXH,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-21T03:54:20.758+0000) > > Its interesting because I would not classify Diana or Irelia, Yorick as mages because they all use melee weapons. When I think mage I think full magical abilities, no melee (unless their magic IS melee like Kassadin). And its a pity its not lore based because the lore definition of mage is different than the gp definition. I know how important gameplay is, but sometimes I wish lore has more influence because some things make little sense. Diana's entire kit make use of magic in some way. She just keeps her range of effect in melee. Irelia uses magic so seamlessly she controls blades telekinetically without thinking about it at all. Yorick has learned to raise the dead. It's debatable whether he actually uses magic of his own as per the imagery of a conventional mage since it's more that he abuses the portion of black mist that's now merged with him, but a mage that does things by convincing other supernatural beings or exploiting supernatural mechanical rules like an engineer isn't a concept unheard of. We can also add in someone like Yasuo, who fits every description of being a wind mage (and with his ability in that field, he was able to teach a young earth mage some ideas on how to control her ability), just that one who is also really good at swordsmanship. All of them would fit, in some way, the general sense of mages, who can achieve feats via supernatural means. After all, the definition of the mages is as broad as being able to perceive, understand, and manipulate the paranormal and supernatural in some way. But that would be silly to use as a categorisation metric for something like League since we're talking about a fantasy world full of magic and a cast where most of which use magic to some extent. That's why for the purposes of drawing meaningful lines in the League roster, especially in the context of say, video games, then we opt to define "mages" very loosely more on combat style archetype as a result (whether they fight by having a focus on using special abilities). It ultimately comes down to how you would define things to achieve a good categorisation outcome and clarity and the bucket you of things you happen to have that you're trying to sort about, I guess.
GilxeN (EUW)
: Yorick, spawns ghouls, Malzahar spawns voidlings.
> [{quoted}](name=GilxeN,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8xrauEMt,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-21T10:32:14.866+0000) > > Yorick, spawns ghouls, Malzahar spawns voidlings. To expand for OP. Malzahar has only a single ability that summons unit. Being his W. In the current implementation, he needs to combo to increase the number of his summon per W cast, up to a maximum of 3 voidling summoned iirc. Then the summoned voidlings rush mindlessly at the opponent to do damage and then would die on their own very shortly after even if they aren't attacked and killed by the opponent. (Yorick's ghouls are different to this, they only die if they're killed, or replaced by new ghouls when Yorick summons a new batch. Yorick can only keep a maximum of 4 ghouls + 1 Maiden in the game I think. The Maiden is a special unit Yorick summons as the main part of his R, it sticks around with Yorick until it's killed and will follow him instead of mindless rush down a turret like the ghouls do; this is shared by Annie's Tibbers or Ivern's Daisy).
: Summoner/Necromancer type of Champions
Other champs that may fulfill the "summoning" fantasy may also include * Annie (her R summons a bear called Tibbers). * Ivern (summons brush and can call in "Daisy" with his R) * Heimerdinger. A good portion of his main gameplay style involves summoning turrets and ulti allows him to upgrade them one-off; though the second half is about him chucking shit at his opponent so I'm not sure if that still fits. * Azir, his entire combat revolves around summoning sand puppet soldiers more or less acting as an extension of his body (not sure if in-lore those soldiers are actually self aware, though). While his theme is that of a necromancer.summoner, his gameplay implementation makes him more of an auto-attacker that has many limbs. EDIT: * Zyra. She is hard to describe but she's a little bit like Heimer.
: Summoner/Necromancer type of Champions
Technically you have Yorick that is kinda the closest you get to that. He's also in lore a necromancer (or at least he became one). He summons based on his graves he created with his AA-mod Q when he last-hits, where only after making at least 3 graves then he can summon ghouls. However on the rare occasion with his R he can instantly summon 4+1 units onto the map to turn a 1v1 into a 1v6. The reason his gameplay was changed to the way it is now where summoning is sort of still a big deal but it's more supplementary to his personal fighting power is that the old Yorick, which was entirely about summoning outside of his ulti, was deemed impossible to balance and thus he's reworked to the way he is now. Shame tho. I really like the idea of summoning in a way that you sit back and let your minions do the dirty work.
Heretics (EUW)
: People think i'm a toxic troublemaker.
> I am reformed. Literally right after says > never really been toxic. > just critical at times. Then follow it up with > I changed, i grew up. > and i want people to forget my past of being a aggressive jerk. > i'm not that guy anymore. I don't know man, but my detector is going off all of a sudden. ...... But if you really reformed. Good for you.
Teh Song (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KtcBKEa7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-21T09:39:55.389+0000) > > And that's a stupid design, because doing %hp true damage means she kills everyone equally hard. The thing about that, is you can do more damage to squishies by just having damage stats. In theory, another adc with ad + crit + attack speed is going to out damage Vayne against a squishy, while Vayne with her % health true damage and on hit + attack speed items will outdamage them against a tank. Making the other adc a better pick against a team lacking tanky champs, and Vayne better into a team with them. Also meaning that if Vayne and another adc right click duel each other, Vayne would die first. Now, if you do the math and show that in practice Vayne also out damages the other adcs against squishies, then that would be grounds to say that Riot got the numbers wrong and that Vayne needs to be adjusted to make practice match theory. And to be clear, I want practice to match theory, so I would not argue with said math.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KtcBKEa7,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T09:57:08.023+0000) > > The thing about that, is you can do more damage to squishies by just having damage stats. > > In theory, another adc with ad + crit + attack speed is going to out damage Vayne against a squishy, while Vayne with her % health true damage and on hit + attack speed items will outdamage them against a tank. Making the other adc a better pick against a team lacking tanky champs, and Vayne better into a team with them. > Also meaning that if Vayne and another adc right click duel each other, Vayne would die first. > > Now, if you do the math and show that in practice Vayne also out damages the other adcs against squishies, then that would be grounds to say that Riot got the numbers wrong and that Vayne needs to be adjusted to make practice match theory. > And to be clear, I want practice to match theory, so I would not argue with said math. You clearly didn't read beyond the first line. ..... Also dueling isn't just people right clicking each other. Vayne is made specifically to duel. She wins most of her duels. But even then, I don't quite believe if Vayne just stand with another ADC and shoot each other with auto attack, Vayne would be the first to fall. After all, just about most ADCs do raw damage in their AA while Vayne has an additional benefit of her passive of dealing BONUS %hp true damage every few shots on top of her raw damage in her AA. Logically speaking, she should blast the other away before they could do the same to her. But whatever. Overall, there is a reason why if you look at League of Graphs and check out her counter stats. Most of the champs that counters her by having higher win rates against her, don't hold higher gold than Vayne @ 15 min; or at least not to any degree with mentioning like around 100 or so. That indicates Vayne loses against the enemy ADC outside of strictly laning most likely, supposedly due to teamfight and skirmish relevance, and it makes perfect sense. Outside of someone like MF and Cait and maybe Xayah who all have respectable range, Vayne virtually doesn't actually lose lane per se. And the reason is obvious, because Vayne kills squishy super hard just like she does with tanks, and thus the only way to beat her is to simply outrange her as there's barely any way to control her if you're both in threat distance of each other. And Riot obviously designed Vayne to be this way in some misguided sense of champ design, that's why they made basically the only counterplay available to her to be range and gives her a shorter range than the other ADCs (but has a few semi-reliable mobility options). And the only reason why there aren't more champs countering Vayne in lane despite her shorter range is also as I'd explored, her range's coding is busted so she often has more range after she tumbles that makes her wrongfully hard to deal with. Vayne has a lot needing to be fixed. Let's put it that way.
Yenn (NA)
: Crystalline Flask on ranged champions is obnoxious
Which season are we on? Thought Crystalline Flask has been gone for ages. I have to assume you mean Corrupting Potion. It's solid sustain for laning, yes, but it also means you start with no real starting item (the Doran's masterrace), too. There is a reason why Corrupting Potion is not used by every guy who has ever laned, but just mostly on champs who has early sustain issues that need to spam pots to stay relevant and/or also if they're specific enough with poking they can utilise the burn more usefully than others might. Corrupting Potion is a pretty niche item.
Teh Song (NA)
: how does this keeping coming up thread after thread..... True damage is a necessary component of the game. You speak about counterplay against it, but your forget that it's the counterplay against you. You are not supposed to be able to counter the thing that is supposed to counter you. True damage is a counter to defensive stats. It is a counter to tanks. You get true damage so that you can still damage a tank despite their armor. That's the point. Vayne in particular, is a full on tank counter. She gets true damage to counter the armor, and % health to counter the hp. That's her design. That's her point. For you to complain about that, is like a Pyke player complaining that people don't die and give him ult resets inside of Kindreds ult. It being that way is the whole point of it being in the game. Now you could say "There's too many things with true damage", or "Vayne is op because her % max health is too high and should be less" and other such statements, if you believe them. Those are legitimate balance points that can be debated, and adjusted if they aren't balanced. But you can't say "There shouldn't be true damage" or "True damage doesn't have enough counterplay."
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KtcBKEa7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-21T09:07:39.667+0000) > > Vayne in particular, is a full on tank counter. > She gets true damage to counter the armor, and % health to counter the hp. > That's her design. That's her point. And that's a stupid design, because doing %hp true damage means she kills everyone equally hard. If anything, Vayne kills squishies harder since even if Silver Bolt affects everyone equally when proc'ed, the rest of her raw damage certainly isn't egalitarian and obviously kills squishies harder than tanks since she's an ADC who builds a lot of AA damage and well, squishies don't have as much HP and resistances as tanks do so they die a lot faster under Vayne (though in today's meta where everyone dies in 0.5 seconds or so, so I guess it isn't saying much). All this amounts to, is that Vayne isn't a specific tank counter. Her design just means she counters everyone. Her one and ONLY factor that prevented her from being full on broken, even if she's treading on the line, is thanks to her ARGUABLE shorter range. And I say that because I have no idea how Riot coded the damn thing but her range becomes all over the place every time she tumbles, and she tumbles a lot ffs. And you wonder why Vayne constantly make the problem list, almost every time when someone like Caitlynn who is prized for her super range isn't meta. Riot should've thought it through more, I guess.
Sateless (NA)
: True dmg is a lazy concept
True damage, as in flat, is counterplayed by HP stacking. True damage exists as a counter to resistance stacking. That's all fine and dandy. The one you're looking at that truly has no counterplay, is %HP true damage that somehow exists in this game. Fuck you, Vayne. Why do you have to bring this abomination into the game?
Teh Song (NA)
: I desire champion worth building both Murumana and Essence Reaver on. Ideas?
Any champ that has uses a lot of on-hit and uses mana technically can use that to varying effects. So you get things like Ezreal, GP, Yi (included only because standard Yi builds on-hit oriented), etc. I guess you can try it on Kai'Sa who now everyone builds Manamune on, too. Though that's not because Kai'Sa actually goes well with the item since it's not like her Q and W apply item on-hit effects, but it's rushed since it's a cheaper way to get Q upgrade without too much gold investment I heard.
: >I imagine it'd actually be pretty fun to master if the 2 features of the toggle are actually kept on separate hit counters. And if maybe 1 spell in the kit proc on-hit and thus count towards it which the player can play around. I don't really see how this would help. The one new thing I can see it adding is that you'd want to stack up both before a fight, use the damage proc just like you used to, and then proc the healing mark when you were low enough to. That's a new thing, but that's not very much. After that, you'd want to keep stacking up whatever mark was better for the fight (which, unless the numbers or design are heavily changed, would continue to be damage), and rageblade wouldn't really change the decision-making at all. You end up doing the same thing you do now. I mean, if you used to just use damage marks in combat, why stack up healing marks in combat if they're not the better mark? You'd stack up the mark that was more useful. It strikes me as one of those classic Riot mechanics that would be overwritten and take up a huge text-box, but really not actually change how you play in a meaningful way. I don't mean that to be rude or insulting; I just don't think there are that many ways to make a toggle of damage vs healing on a bruiser or fighter champion a choice you actually have to put thought into.
> [{quoted}](name=Sightless66,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=orobgNQT,comment-id=000500020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T00:56:33.312+0000) > > I don't really see how this would help. The one new thing I can see it adding is that you'd want to stack up both before a fight, use the damage proc just like you used to, and then proc the healing mark when you were low enough to. That's a new thing, but that's not very much. After that, you'd want to keep stacking up whatever mark was better for the fight (which, unless the numbers or design are heavily changed, would continue to be damage), and rageblade wouldn't really change the decision-making at all. You end up doing the same thing you do now. I mean, if you used to just use damage marks in combat, why stack up healing marks in combat if they're not the better mark? You'd stack up the mark that was more useful. > > It strikes me as one of those classic Riot mechanics that would be overwritten and take up a huge text-box, but really not actually change how you play in a meaningful way. I don't mean that to be rude or insulting; I just don't think there are that many ways to make a toggle of damage vs healing on a bruiser or fighter champion a choice you actually have to put thought into. Rageblade helps because of Guinsoo's Rage being an thing that changes up how Aatrox in that design can change how stack his counters like how it change's Yi's Double Strike behaviours. Also I expanded on that in my "head-canon" Aatrox rework pitch on page 2 of comment page, where various things such as E and R are put into supplementing that main idea i pitched for W. Though I am not sure how effective it is. I also don't believe every and all champ should have the most intricate kit synergy and groundbreaking combo there is, especially since that is usually how we give birth to overloaded kits that can't be balanced. Champ should be focused on having a particular theme, be good at it, and be able to be balanced. My proposed realisation are written in that mindset. I designed my idea of Aatrox to be a machine of onslaught when played right, and that's precisely what he is; making him oh so special and full of meaningful split second decisions wasn't the top priority, and frankly shouldn't be for every champion. Champions should only have that when that's the main design theme of a champion; trying to make every new champ the next Ryze is precisely why so many newer releases have such a hurdle to balance. But then again, it's just some guy on the internet. My creative inputs can be bullshit and not very good.
: Kindred and Yasuo buffs canceled. Happy?
At least we know that it's gonna be buff to some nature, which those champs don't really need. They need nerfs, power shifts, overhaul, or even reworks. Anything but a buff. Still, Riot cancelling planned buff for cashcows like Yasuo. That's actually quite rare.
: Mostly because Cait's headshot is just an additional bonus damage buff, unlike Jhin (Who gets an absolutely massive crit + MS), Annie (Who gets a stun) and Pantheon (who gets EVERYTHING empowered).
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EE3HkQBJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-08-20T18:24:42.192+0000) > > Mostly because Cait's headshot is just an additional bonus damage buff, unlike Jhin (Who gets an absolutely massive crit + MS), Annie (Who gets a stun) and Pantheon (who gets EVERYTHING empowered). Only the next basic ability is empowered afaik. It's not that Panth enters a superman mode or something.
Rockman (NA)
: Enter this thread for good JoJo memes
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g8hOAat5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-20T22:34:37.892+0000) > > https://imgur.com/Z4wxJMS.jpg[/img]
: Why is Heimerdinger a mage?
Because a mage is defined by someone who fights at range with an emphasis on their abilities/spell for the purpose of playstyle archetype categorisation. Hence why Heimer, Viktor, Orianna are all mages by the sheer virtue of all sharing that general playstyle. Mages in a video game context, is not necessary defined by their usage of paranormal abilities. If you really have to go there than I'm sure the sorting would be a lot harder because now suddenly Diana and Irelia and Yorick or anyone who has supernatural power are now qualified as mages. That's why the categorisation is kept on a gameplay archetype level. Same reasons why Kog'Maw is a "marksman". Since the way he plays fits the category definition.
Show more

SEKAI

Level 159 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion