Ifneth (NA)
: Uniting Runeterra
How to unite Runeterra: "The void is coming to consume literally everything we know and love and if we don't stop them will will cease to exist. If we don't fight them now we will all die painfully" {{champion:24}} Gonna save everyone
: {{champion:27}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:19}} we have literal drug based champions lol. Singed uses drugs to run fast. Urgot is suckin up some weird green drug. Warwick used to be a human, but Singed gave him sum animal drugs.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EhKcNMge,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-14T23:12:16.086+0000) > > {{champion:27}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:19}} we have literal drug based champions lol. Singed uses drugs to run fast. Urgot is suckin up some weird green drug. Warwick used to be a human, but Singed gave him sum animal drugs. the use chem-tech. and singed uses toxic waste, although his ult is a potion that buffs him :thinking:
  Rioter Comments
: Define access to magic? Since the Ascension ritual is basically imbuing mortals with celestial magic, does that mean I get to choose to be an Aspect or Ascended off the bat? Or even choosing to be apart of a magical race like the Vastaya for example is that allowed?
> [{quoted}](name=Wrathof300,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mZuFtdyi,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:27:23.101+0000) > > Define access to magic? Since the Ascension ritual is basically imbuing mortals with celestial magic, does that mean I get to choose to be an Aspect or Ascended off the bat? Or even choosing to be apart of a magical race like the Vastaya for example is that allowed? Ezreal tier magic. It's there, but what can you really do with it? You can find things to channel it, and who knows; you might be able to ascend if you tried? That's your risk to make. Edit: You are transported EXACTLY how you are. No being a difference species.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Dets (NA)
: Rito's association wiht Marvel, how about Marvel champs or Marvel/Rito new Moba ?
: > Eternal sword Yi is taken as canon. Same with Pulsfire Shen. ...No? If Eternal Sword Yi and Pulsefire Shen are canon, then so are all the PROJECT: and Program skins. They're skins depicting the Champions in an alternate universe, and aren't regarded as canon to the mainline Runeterra.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iVn4c2w2,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-11T07:53:00.456+0000) > > ...No? If Eternal Sword Yi and Pulsefire Shen are canon, then so are all the PROJECT: and Program skins. > > They're skins depicting the Champions in an alternate universe, and aren't regarded as canon to the mainline Runeterra. Why wouldn't they be canon????? Talon, Irelia, Janna, Fiora all have faces exactly like their canon appearance. So what makes Yi and Jax any different?
: I Don't Understand Cassiopeia's Visual Design
I hate the "she's not ugly" argument. Nowhere in the new lore does it suggest the curse was a curse of ugliness. And even if it was, it literally transformed her into a half-snake. Like, unless you're into some weird stuff, that's definitely not very beautiful. Her design is fine.
EdgeLady (NA)
: Well well. Is this the "sand troll" that's got all the Jax fans up in arms? Or something else entirely?
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iVn4c2w2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-11T03:14:43.362+0000) > > Well well. > > Is this the "sand troll" that's got all the Jax fans up in arms? Or something else entirely? Please.... He ain't no sand troll...
: Not really, skins are different canons. Sion is not a Mecha, but Mecha Zero Sion can be one.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iVn4c2w2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-11T03:35:37.440+0000) > > Not really, skins are different canons. > > Sion is not a Mecha, but Mecha Zero Sion can be one. Eternal sword Yi is taken as canon. Same with Pulsfire Shen. It's all about context friend, people understand that Sion isn't a Mecha.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: One thing for sure, his visuals certainly don't match the native setting Zilean belongs to and neither does the clock. Which is why im surprised the devs (seemingly) want to maintain Zileans origins to the desert country. The continent of Shurima being Runeterra's quasi-equivalent to Africa, having a pale skin tone man seems at odds. Just as an observation, but Zilean's "Shurima Desert" skin has more grounding than default Zilean. But what's the alternative? Icathian's were somehow European looking? From an area of the world so close to the planet's equator and most tropical zone that should be extremely unlikely. Then with the that shiny, gold cog-work clock, one could be forgiven if they thought Z was from or connected to Piltover in some way. Especially since a spring-driven clock has far more of a Piltover motif than ever a Shurima one. The time displacement obviously can explain that he got it from some future, but if the future is available to you, why the heck would the technology exceed only to a clockwork device? _____ For my two cents on a Zilean VGU. Because there are a lot of wild opportunities the devs could explore and some of which would require big changes. So I have fingers crossed tight for a Galio-level rework, a complete overhaul.
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VvoyYc1A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-10T00:35:52.447+0000) > > One thing for sure, his visuals certainly don't match the native setting Zilean belongs to and neither does the clock. > > Which is why im surprised the devs (seemingly) want to maintain Zileans origins to the desert country. The continent of Shurima being Runeterra's quasi-equivalent to Africa, having a pale skin tone man seems at odds. Just as an observation, but Zilean's "Shurima Desert" skin has more grounding than default Zilean. But what's the alternative? Icathian's were somehow European looking? From an area of the world so close to the planet's equator and most tropical zone? > > Then with the that shiny, gold cog-work clock one could be forgiven if they thought Z was from or connected to Piltover in some way. Especially since a spring-driven clock has far more of a Piltover motif than ever a Shurima one. The time displacement obviously can explain that he got it from some future, but if the future is available to you, why the heck would the technology exceed only to a clockwork device? > > _____ > For my two cents on a Zilean VGU. Because there are a lot of wild opportunities the devs could explore and some of which would require big changes. So I have fingers crossed tight for a Galio-level rework, a complete overhaul. They won't do a Galio-tier overhaul as they have plans with his lore in Icathia. And there's nothing tying his concept to the desert what do you mean?
: > [{quoted}](name=Speak or Die,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c0EG5ztG,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-09T22:02:20.183+0000) > > Well why wouldn't it? Shurima was an immense empire with roots deep in Runeterra. Freljord is a pretty good candidate if we are looking from that view .
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c0EG5ztG,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-12-10T01:09:05.520+0000) > > Freljord is a pretty good candidate if we are looking from that view . No. The freljord isn't an empire.
: How much everything is related to Shurima. The latest addition being that Zaun was a Shuriman graveyard/old city instead of its own thing. It’s not an unpopular sentiment though as I saw a funny meme image on Twitter that showed Runeterra map as just one big Shurima.
> [{quoted}](name=Motonari Mori,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c0EG5ztG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T20:26:27.373+0000) > > How much everything is related to Shurima. The latest addition being that Zaun was a Shuriman graveyard/old city instead of its own thing. It’s not an unpopular sentiment though as I saw a funny meme image on Twitter that showed Runeterra map as just one big Shurima. Well why wouldn't it? Shurima was an immense empire with roots deep in Runeterra.
: Isn't Icathia in South East of Shurima? How would he lead an expedition in Western Shurima
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TkKMiry7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T14:28:11.404+0000) > > Isn't Icathia in South East of Shurima? How would he lead an expedition in Western Shurima Well I actually thought this through. The South Shuriman mountains would allow access without too much surveillance especially if they stay stealthy. Icathia seemingly had excellent ships due to being a peninsula and probably a very important coastal state for trading goods via ocean travel
Rioter Comments
: The ~~Kumungu~~Shurima jungle territory is essentially Shurima's equivalent to the unclaimed zones of Valoran. There are reasons why we don't have a dedicated Region page for general Valoran. Why should Kumungu be any different?
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=t4FtfLzv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-06T04:13:16.699+0000) > > The Kumungu territory is essentially Shurima's equivelent to the unclaimed zones of Valoran. There are reasons why we don't have a dedicated Region page for general Valoran. Why should Kumungu be any different? Because there are multiple champions and stories that take place in Kumungu. Is the unclaimed land of Valoran a hot topic in lore? Are there multiple champion from this zone? No. Kumungu deserved more art.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Uhm as far as I know Cassiopeia doesn't have a connection to the black rose at all.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i2jAAnEo,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T00:34:11.582+0000) > > Uhm as far as I know Cassiopeia doesn't have a connection to the black rose at all. {{champion:50}} Quote to Cassiopeia: "Payment for her suffering in Shurima... *A black rose*
: Technically... {{champion:14}} is Black rose. More property than a real member, but still. I wouldn't say seduction is a theme of the Black Rose as a whole.
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i2jAAnEo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-05T13:37:58.517+0000) > > Technically... {{champion:14}} is Black rose. More property than a real member, but still. > > > I wouldn't say seduction is a theme of the Black Rose as a whole. Yeah Sion is more of a tool for the Black Rose. And also, I would argue seduction or at least the sexiness theme *Is* a prominent narrative and visual device of the Black Rose. {{champion:60}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:7}} and I would love for Riot to dip into this theme for Vladmir a bit more in a future rework
: He'd be repetitive next to Vlad unless you gave him a unique powerset. The old Black Rose crest (five roses in a circle) and Vladimir's new lore hint at five leading members in the cult. LeBlanc, Vladimir, Elise ("beings darker still"), another powerful mage ("exalted masters of magic"), and another influential noble ("powerful nobles"). It's possible one of them is already known to us, or they're both yet to be revealed. Cassiopeia has been given an invitation. Assuming they follow the pattern, they'll use magic and be interested in immortality. Whether or not they're male or female is up to the devs.
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i2jAAnEo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-05T13:01:13.727+0000) > > He'd be repetitive next to Vlad unless you gave him a unique powerset. > > The old Black Rose crest (five roses in a circle) and Vladimir's new lore hint at five leading members in the cult. LeBlanc, Vladimir, Elise ("beings darker still"), another powerful mage ("exalted masters of magic"), and another influential noble ("powerful nobles"). > > It's possible one of them is already known to us, or they're both yet to be revealed. Cassiopeia has been given an invitation. Assuming they follow the pattern, they'll use magic and be interested in immortality. Whether or not they're male or female is up to the devs. Repetitive? I disagree, we have LeBlanc, Cass and Elise who share very strong themes. But they retain their own personalities
: {{champion:8}} ? Sexy, seductive, mage, male, and a member of the Black Rose.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i2jAAnEo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-05T12:34:26.013+0000) > > {{champion:8}} ? > > Sexy, seductive, male, and a member of the Black Rose. Another one would be great :)
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Speak or Die,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aqKiWvw4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-04T16:16:45.949+0000) > > Imo, she's one of the most interesting non-champion characters. > > And her influence on modern Runeterra runs really deep. Her weapon, her reign, Icathian war, her relationship with multiple champions in the game. Sort of an unspoken focal point of lore. > > And yes, I agree, I would absolutely *LOVE* more information on her! She seems to be the most prominent female ascended and her being an ivory coloured lion sounds like some visually amazing stuff. > > Come to think of it, I would absolutely love a comic about her/with her in it as a main character. I think Rengar has a monopoly on the Lion thing plus we have Nidalee as a jungle cat. I kinda want Setaka to be something non-traditionally cool.... like an elephant.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aqKiWvw4,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-12-04T22:24:42.364+0000) > > I think Rengar has a monopoly on the Lion thing plus we have Nidalee as a jungle cat. I kinda want Setaka to be something non-traditionally cool.... like an elephant. She's pretty much confirmed as a Lioness ascended. In "Where Icathia Once Stood" There was a God-warrior described precisely as Setaka, being the queen and wielding chalicar.
: > [{quoted}](name=chameleon girl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5jizYcoi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-04T20:35:32.891+0000) > > why is this getting downvoted? Maybe because it deviates from Aatroxs' silhouette and core design a bit much. It's hard to make skin for the Darkin though because their design is so limiting in a way. I kinda like it though.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5jizYcoi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-04T20:38:47.921+0000) > > Maybe because it deviates from Aatroxs' silhouette and core design a bit much. It's hard to make skin for the Darkin though because their design is so limiting in a way. I kinda like it though. Aren't skins supposed to deliver on the fantasy of a champion in a different way? I think it is fine
Rioter Comments
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yet, you did > it isn't even for the skin line it was intended for lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KnEF8g5e,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-04T18:25:48.293+0000) > > Yet, you did Wait was Prestige NOT intended for K/DA? Me stating that intending for a skin type to debut in a specific skin line doesn't equate to me claiming its exclusivity !??!?!?!
Sukishoo (NA)
: Prestige was a new type of skin, it wasn't intended to ONLY be for K/DA
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KnEF8g5e,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-04T18:17:03.862+0000) > > Prestige was a new type of skin, it wasn't intended to ONLY be for K/DA I didn't say it was only for KDA lol
: Bloodmoon Aatrox, Pyke and Svir. Plus, Prestige BM Aatrox Skin.
Evelynn and Ahri are crying right now Aatrox gets a prestige skin and it isn't even for the skin line it was intended for lmao
d00mface (EUW)
: I want to know more about Setaka
Imo, she's one of the most interesting non-champion characters. And her influence on modern Runeterra runs really deep. Her weapon, her reign, Icathian war, her relationship with multiple champions in the game. Sort of an unspoken focal point of lore. And yes, I agree, I would absolutely *LOVE* more information on her! She seems to be the most prominent female ascended and her being an ivory coloured lion sounds like some visually amazing stuff. Come to think of it, I would absolutely love a comic about her/with her in it as a main character.
: @lore keepers, why does Jax still wield a lamp?
It's assumed he carries his lamp-post wherever he goes. And the reason he uses the lamp-post is really poetic actually. Jax tests warriors by handicapping himself. He wants to train elite fighters to fight the void with him and retake his homeland "Icathia" which was obliterated and is now home to an infestation of void horrors. Because Jax is unbelievably skilled and over 3,500 years old and has experience with every known weapon, he tries to give his opponents as much benefit as possible. The lamppost has been dubbed is "The Last Light of Icathia" sort of a play on words yknow. :)
Rioter Comments
: You need a rather long dash to get out of it, no? Also, logically it's because Camille's ult traps them there, while Rek'sai is literally just throwing herself at them slashing somewhat mindlessly. Rek'sai's ult is, in effect, just a Rengar leap with a knockup.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oqXqg8Er,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-03T08:51:21.630+0000) > > You need a rather long dash to get out of it, no? > > Also, logically it's because Camille's ult traps them there, while Rek'sai is literally just throwing herself at them slashing somewhat mindlessly. Rek'sai's ult is, in effect, just a Rengar leap with a knockup. Knockup?? Reksai doesnt have a knockup on her ult?
Rioter Comments
: There Needs To Be An AD Zhonya's Hourglass
GA is the AD version of Zhonyas.
: how many champions could possibly wield poppys hammer?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 30
Have you considered tweaking marksmen to suit different roles better instead of just bot lane? (Kai'Sa jungle, Vayne top, Varus mid) Just some ideas. Also, are you guys happy with Evelynn? I'm holding out for some tweaks to her to give her some competitive viability because I would love to see her on the big stage, so I was wondering if you have plans for her or are you happy with where she is.
: "Take the damage and stats away from his ult"? What's left?
> [{quoted}](name=Gajalaka Doodle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Gdhf9G3B,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-30T15:05:15.444+0000) > > "Take the damage and stats away from his ult"? What's left? The reworked ultimate..???
Rioter Comments
Moody P (NA)
: the counterplay is to kite him out, hard disengage or bring true damage
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Gdhf9G3B,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-30T14:30:58.543+0000) > > the counterplay is to kite him out, hard disengage or bring true damage Kite a 2.4 second leap with massive range?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ha! Thanks. It's the camera blur. Fun fact: this was taken at the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo. This was my face throughout the whole show.
It definitely has that sort of vibe to it lol
: > Fact =/= Theory The comment earlier says that precious Discord gathers _"actual information and one of the rules is to cite our sources. Only authentic information."_ Im saying if a theory is based purely upon authentic information/evidence then chances are whatever deduction made would've probably been self-evident. Like if a story is attempting to subtly describe an Orange and someone pitched a theory with the evidence and drawn conclusion, is it still a "theory" or just recognizing the breadcrumbs where they were laid. And if dems da rules, how does anyone hope to produce a more unique theory without breaking the requirements? Also if you were just reacting to a small portion of my comment, why'd you gratuitously quote the entire statement? Notice how my response here doesn't copy every thing you just said word-for-word.
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FEa1URcF,comment-id=0001000000020001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T12:11:42.347+0000) > > The comment earlier says that precious Discord gathers _"actual information and one of the rules is to cite our sources. Only authentic information."_ > > Im saying if a theory is based purely upon authentic information/evidence then chances are whatever deduction made would've probably been self-evident. Like if a story is attempting to subtly describe an Orange and someone pitched a theory with the evidence and drawn conclusion, is it still a "theory" or just recognizing the breadcrumbs where they were laid. And if dems da rules, how does anyone hope to produce a more unique theory without breaking the requirements? > > Also if you were just reacting to a small portion of my comment, why'd you gratuitously quote the entire statement? Notice how my response here doesn't copy every thing you just said word-for-word. Please learn what a fallacy is
: If there is information of authentic evidence, then the topic has proof of claim which means the suggestion is likely an obvious fact and not really a theory. Anyway, last I was in a Discord it was an echo chamber from time-to-time. It's why the Boards are superior imo, it has a higher count of people which means good mix of commentary, differences in perspective (agreed or disagreed with). Absorbing all those opinions refines your own perspective, so long as you still keep your own perspective not blindly believe everything your neighbour happens to say. Being challenged either through observation or interaction keeps you on your toes and open minded. If I'm in a smaller populated Discord then I'm probably exposed to the same ideas and opinions frequently. Which is difficult to branch out a unique idea if everyone is set on the same page more often than not. Sorry about the rant. Didn't expect that myself.
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FEa1URcF,comment-id=00010000000200010000,timestamp=2018-11-27T02:05:32.546+0000) > > If there is information of authentic evidence, then the topic has proof of claim which means the suggestion is likely an obvious fact and not really a theory. > > Anyway, last I was in a Discord it was an echo chamber from time-to-time. It's why the Boards are superior imo, it has a higher count of people which means good mix of commentary, differences in perspective (agreed or disagreed with). Absorbing all those opinions refines your own perspective, so long as you still keep your own perspective not blindly believe everything your neighbour happens to say. > > Being challenged either through observation or interaction keeps you on your toes and open minded. If I'm in a smaller populated Discord then I'm probably exposed to the same ideas and opinions frequently. Which is difficult to branch out a unique idea if everyone is set on the same page more often than not. > > Sorry about the rant. Didn't expect that myself. Fact =/= Theory The definition of a theory is a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained. I think you might have a limited idea of what a fallacy is, so I would recommend you go learn about what it means :)
: Wouldnt the Discord just be an echo chamber?
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FEa1URcF,comment-id=000100000002,timestamp=2018-11-26T11:30:57.566+0000) > > Wouldnt the Discord just be an echo chamber? Not really actually, we put together actual information and one of the rules is to cite our sources. Only authentic information allowed :)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: OH NO THAT'S MY REAL ACTUAL FACE.
> [{quoted}](name=FauxSchizzle,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AcJaArhA,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-11-25T22:09:56.924+0000) > > OH NO THAT'S MY REAL ACTUAL FACE. cutie :)
Show more

Speak or Die

Level 173 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion