Pyrosan (NA)
: Still hands down the best login screen they've done
I remember the first time they did a proper login music. It was Diana. https://youtu.be/ay_o-BGVhL4 That haunting song gave me chills. I didn't expect Riot to do something like that and it was beautiful. No other login has come close for me.
Barrrel (NA)
: Can you repost the link, this one doesn't seem to work for me
This post is so old. Why are you here? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTEv4Y753N4Mblwmcrs0QUVPZ-CsJmOzOd5mzdnh-pHfoL9JxtW
Rioter Comments
OwÖ (NA)
: Ok, so this may be a year late, but I have some thoughts. For Starsurge, this idea would make A Sol harder and easier at the same time, it can make it easier or harder to hit, depending on how the enemy dodges, and how you position your Q. I feel that this wouldn't be a good change because it removes how Sol's Q is unique and removes how he would hit his Q. You would have to do some weird turning, which would be fun, yes, but would make Sol easier to counter than he already is. In Celestial Bodies, This just isn't a good idea overall. His passive and W is his main source of damage, and if he didn't have the size, speed, and damage increase that his W has currently, he would just be useless. He's meant to be a DPS champion. If a star disappeared after hitting a champion after a full rotation, that would ruin the entire point of him. For Center of The Universe, that would really be overpowered, if you just added that, because of how Sol scales, and how much damage Sol can do with enough AP. His DPS is insane late game. Now for what I think should be changed about Sol, isn't about changing his abilities so they do something different or have a new mechanic, but their costs. I think Center of The Universe is fine as is. It's a good passive, which is a really good source of damage, and is fun to play around. Same thing with Starsurge. It's a good way to have Sol's DPS increase while being fairly balanced. For Celestial Expansion though, I think instead of having you to use 40 mana to start up the ability, I think you should use 30. And for the mana cost p/ second, I think it should cost lower level 1, so instead of 22 mana p/ s, it would be 18 mana p/ s, and instead of increasing 2 p/ level, it should increase 4 p/ level, so 18, 22, 26, 30, 34. This is because of how good A Sol regens mana early/mid - late game. If you get ROA/Mana Flow Band (or both). For Comet of Legend, I really think he goes too far at max rank. Instead of 1000 range p/ level up, it should be 750-800. So the range would be 3000, 3750, 4500, 5250, 6000. Along with this, I also think the mana cost should be either no mana cost or 30. And Voice of Light is fine as is as well.
Wow dude this was so old. Lol.
: how is this a thing?
Just because a guy has great hair and cute eyes that doesn't automatically make him gay.
: Sometime early next year. The upcoming two new champions will be released before their reworks
Azca33 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheHobbits,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iA0JHVgG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-06T19:58:53.610+0000) > > Think about it this way. After 20 years of good behavior you one day shoot someone in the face with a gun. "But officer, ive been good for 20 years. Cant i just be bad this one time?" > "Cant argue with that. Have a nice day." > > Its absurd. You do something wrong, you get punished. Simple as that. Are you actually comparing telling someone they are playing horrible in a video game to murder? I just want to confirm. If so, this is an awful analogy.
> [{quoted}](name=Azca33,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iA0JHVgG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-06T20:05:31.500+0000) > > Are you actually comparing telling someone they are playing horrible in a video game to murder? I just want to confirm. If so, this is an awful analogy. The analogy is "I haven't done anything bad up until this point, why should I be punished for this one instance." You said you hadn't done anything wrong in all your time playing, then all of a sudden you did do something wrong and got punished for it? Big shock! You know the rules and you snapped.
Azca33 (NA)
: Does Anyone Else Think the Punishment System is Really Unfair?
Think about it this way. After 20 years of good behavior you one day shoot someone in the face with a gun. "But officer, ive been good for 20 years. Cant i just be bad this one time?" "Cant argue with that. Have a nice day." Its absurd. You do something wrong, you get punished. Simple as that.
: Woah, that's actually a nice mash up.
They were pulling thw exact same pose. So i mashed them together
: Both Default Nocturne and Eternum Nocturne Splasharts are too similar
If you like that you may like the Project Fiora / Duskblade Yasuo I made a while back. https://i.imgur.com/lgggIHTh.jpg
: There are Soraka, Lissandra and iBlitzcrank. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/PROJECT/Program
I didn't think iBlitz was apart of that, but I guess it makes sense.
: I think that's a common misconception about one tricks. We can play other champions. I'm a hard core one trick but I've one tricked many champions over the time I've been playing and I have a lot of back up picks that I'm somewhat comfortable on.
Would you say that you would still be willing to play one of 120 champions if 20 of the 140 were banned? Remember, the free ban week only applies to the previous week's top bans.
: I pity anyone that one tricks a champion and then gets that champ banned for a week straight.
I do pity one tricks. To only be able to play 1 in 140 champs? Branch out. Adapt and learn new styles.
: Somehow 10 bans doesn't seem like nearly enough anymore
What if we had, like the Free Week rotation, there was a sort of "Free Week" of bans. Based on the previous weeks top bans the 10 with the highest are banned thus leaving you with 10 more bans. Perhaps just in ranked or whatever. I feel this would allow players to experience more than the usual 5 champions of the 140+ currently in the game. Even with this, 120 champions is still a LOT of options. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: A few questions for the most veteran of League's players
The old days of LoL was a mad house. It was kill or be killed. Ashe vs Cait top. Alistar vs Blitz mid. Veigar/Olaf vs Lux/Ashe bot. Nunu jungled. There was a summoner spell called Clairvoyance. It was the supports job to take this spell and cast it at the start of the game on the enemy base to see who was going to what lane and what starting item the bought. Clairvoyance was not cast again until barron was up. It was the supports, and ONLY THE SUPPORTS, job buy AND place wards for bot, mid, jungle and top. This was the golden age of LoL.
: Why the penguin with Infernal Amumu?
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8BtLpubbljg/W7USI-maVZI/AAAAAAABISc/ZRmXiZyzkYoSFUAE_zupF1kIrMuCMwPYACLcBGAs/s1600/32017.jpg No penguin in the splash too. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: Guys I did it! I pirated league of legends!
https://youtu.be/6v0cH3AaO1k What a bunch of roobs.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheHobbits,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-09-28T21:40:09.613+0000) > > I had never really seen Amumu as a light hearted character. He is silly because of rhe imitations of Riots original designs. He has a baked potato the size of a beach ball for a head and thats what makes him silly. > Ever since the released this song and story I've always felt that Amumu's life is tragic. Everything and everyone he gets close to is killed and destroyed. > > https://youtu.be/0AvWV6Mk374 > > Amumu's sad story plus the Imfernal skin theme of fire and dark metal chains is a wonderful match, but then there is the suddenly a cute pengu that is a part of his recall animation. I'd understand if it were his joke. Like how infernal Nasus summons speakers and rocks out to metal music. > But Infernal Nasus doesn't make the speakers when he recalls does he? > > The penguin getting scorched like a loony toons character for the recall feels like it should be a joke. > His recall animation should be more in line with the binding chains and scorching fire. While the basis for Amumu is sadness, it's not like an actual tragedy. It's sadness like Charlie Brown. You feel pity and sorry for him, and he's had a helluva life and can't catch a break, but on the whole, he's pretty light hearted. It's like Grumpy from Snow White or Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. They are not happy characters, but they are light hearted. Amumu is like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T21:44:46.205+0000) > > While the basis for Amumu is sadness, it's not like an actual tragedy. It's sadness like Charlie Brown. You feel pity and sorry for him, and he's had a helluva life and can't catch a break, but on the whole, he's pretty light hearted. It's like Grumpy from Snow White or Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. They are not happy characters, but they are light hearted. Amumu is like this. Looking back I find that I never grew up with Charlie Brown or Winnie the Pooh so I never made that connection with Amumu. I guess I took the curse on him more seriously. I felt sad for him that, by nature of his curse, no one will ever love or like him and death follows him where he goes when he lashes out. I didn't ever want to be cursed to be alone like Amumu. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: It's there because it acts as another play on Amumu's core quest for friendship in his recall. While the skin line may be more on the serious side for more serious characters, Amumu has NEVER really been a serious character. He's one of the lighter character, like the Charlie Brown of the game, and so making a drop dead super serious skin for him would be more jarring because Amumu isn't that serious and that would contrast with how we know Amumu. That said, Infernal isn't really locked into being that serious of a skin line - in fact, none of the skin lines are really completely serious. They're all done in such a way that they can be serious when they need to be, but the potential can exist for there to be something a little less serious that still fits. It's like comic books having character like Batman and Superman existing in the same universe as Ace the Bat Hound and Krypto the Super Dog.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-28T15:05:38.600+0000) > > It's there because it acts as another play on Amumu's core quest for friendship in his recall. While the skin line may be more on the serious side for more serious characters, Amumu has NEVER really been a serious character. He's one of the lighter character, like the Charlie Brown of the game, and so making a drop dead super serious skin for him would be more jarring because Amumu isn't that serious and that would contrast with how we know Amumu. I had never really seen Amumu as a light hearted character. He is silly because of the imitations of Riots original designs. He has a baked potato the size of a beach ball for a head and thats what makes him silly. Ever since they released this song and story I've always felt that Amumu's life is tragic. Everything and everyone he gets close to is killed and destroyed. https://youtu.be/0AvWV6Mk374 Amumu's sad story plus the Infernal skin theme of fire and dark metal chains is a wonderful match, but then there is suddenly a cute pengu that is a part of his recall animation. I'd understand if it were his joke. Like how infernal Nasus summons speakers and rocks out to metal music. But Infernal Nasus doesn't make the speakers when he recalls does he? The penguin getting scorched like a loony toons character for the recall feels like it should be a joke. His recall animation should be more in line with the binding chains and scorching fire.
: {{champion:84}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:39}} walk into a bar There is no counter *badumtsss*
You have won the academy award for best internet.
Kythers (NA)
: cute things for girls to buy
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-28T00:15:03.686+0000) > > cute things for girls to buy I get it, but why a penguin of all things? Like is it really an Adventure Time Flame princess/Gunter reference? Can Riot chime in?
: > [{quoted}](name=TheHobbits,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-27T06:48:54.994+0000) > > Yea, but that frog gets sucked into a black hole. That frog is dead. > The penguin in Amumus recall gets cartoon charred then just shakes it off like Loony Toons. The frog actually gets teleported to Bewitching Morgana's recall where she throws him in a potion
> [{quoted}](name=The Token Gay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-27T11:43:35.138+0000) > > The frog actually gets teleported to Bewitching Morgana's recall where she throws him in a potion Sure its not the same frog that gets sucked into Kai'sa jetpack?
: > [{quoted}](name=TheHobbits,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T23:03:03.856+0000) > > It'd be like if a Battlecast or Dark Star skin suddenly had a cute birdy addition. Cute yea, but odd. Dark Star Thresh does have the little frog with his joke
> [{quoted}](name=The Token Gay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-27T02:04:50.243+0000) > > Dark Star Thresh does have the little frog with his joke Yea, but that frog gets sucked into a black hole. That frog is dead. The penguin in Amumus recall gets cartoon charred then just shakes it off like Loony Toons.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yeah, that's what threw me off with this skin. It looks pretty great, then you see this cutesy recall with a penguin and it's like what?
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMhiEcaT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-26T22:59:34.439+0000) > > Yeah, that's what threw me off with this skin. It looks pretty great, then you see this cutesy recall with a penguin and it's like what? It'd be like if a Battlecast or Dark Star skin suddenly had a cute birdy addition. Cute yea, but odd.
Rioter Comments
Jikker (NA)
: Petition to Rename Explorer Ezreal to Miner Ezreal
I'm really not seeing the "miner" aspect you are saying. A miner would need high viability and cover-alls. As an explorer I feel he is wearing everything he needs. He has a bandana to use as a dust mask or tourniquet for first aid, a length of rope, a helmet with a torch on it and he even has padding on his knees so he can crawl. What miner would be on their knees?Crawling to mine? You cant swing a pick axe like that. Are you thinking of a pick axe for mining or a small hand pick for climbing?
Dat Kat (EUW)
: Gun Goddess Miss Fortune's ULTIMATE flaw.
Taric brand shampoo and conditioner is available. Only a few champions use it Ive found. Kayn uses it, though he wasn't born with such rich amd full hair the shampoo does allow it to flow so silky smooth. Really. Take a look. Zoe uses it too. The shampoo is enriched with the power of essential gems and minerals. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
Aura 411 (NA)
: MMO RPG based off of Runeterra: Would you play it?
I'd love if they made an mmorpg set in the Odyssey Universe. It could be super unique in the mmo scene where your skills have hit boxes and stuff similar to LoL. It could have some crazy name like, oh i don't know, let's call it Wild Star... Wait... that sounds familiar. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Rioter Comments
: When I try to back up anything...
This is you backing up an argument? You try again and again to raise your points, but fall short on all of them and eventually just say "F**K IT!" and just give up with a half arsed conclusion? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Rioter Comments
: If you can take back 1 removed item. ¿Which it would be?
Heart of Gold! WOO (meme quota fulfilled)
Willioss (EUW)
: Shark Maokai skin concept
So long as he looks like Coral Malphite. An underrated skin I rarely see anymore. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjK7MHB7eDx2kgK246ybb2aoslQSe-lA5Kzj3SewlqYrIgIKyKYNyrj6gU Maybe not exactly the same, but that same theme of a coral reef.
: Akali Dragon Tattoo
If you are committed to this your best bet is to take screen shots of her model. http://www.lolking.net/models?champion=84&skin=0 Load up Akali's original model and you get a good look. I personally would love to see the full tattoo from the artist that designed it. It looks as though it wraps right around and down her leg. If Riot could provide us with a sneak peak of the whole art piece maybe? {{sticker:sg-jinx}} Also this link https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d2vQ1
: I'm legitimately losing my mind over Karma's design.
When it comes to designing fictional characters for a fictional game you want to have a number of influences. In your votes you have said Africa, India and Ionia, but no 'All of the Above' option. Karma is from Ionia which is not real, but it feels familiar with its ties to Asian/Indian spiritual designs. Riot haven't just said "lets make a one-for-one copy of a woman in a saree but give her an African accent". They have said "Let's create a spiritual leader who lives in our fictional nation of Ionia which draws from many real-world influences."
fcuk fear (EUNE)
: Udyr needs a visual update
Take the rig and base animations form SG Udyr and make that his classic skin. Keep his clothes as they are as simple pelts and robes that accent his different stances as they do now. Spirit guard will still retain its over the top visuals and spirit effects to keep it at its price. (Exactly the same can be applied to Teemo and his Omega Squad skin)
: What was your best hextech chest opening ?
I got Sungoddess Karma for the 4th time. I already have Sungoddess Karma. I already use Sungoddess Karma. I've aldready gotten Sungoddess Karma 3 times before. Please stop with the Sungoddess Karma skins. Signed ~~Sungoddess Karma ~~TheHobbits
: Lore Update Opinions: Vel'Koz and Lissandra
"Plans Within Plans: 5.8/10 not enough plans" I lol'ed a little at that.
: High res versions please?
I sent a support ticket asking too but they said they have zero connection to Riots internal divisions. They said ask the Boards and it _might™_ be seen. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Rioter Comments
LitoJ (NA)
: First time playing Nexus Blitz be like
I loved the part with the payload that exploded on their tower. I was like WHAT IS GOING ON!
CLG ear (NA)
: how does a champion in this game know they are out of mana or low on mana?
Im sure that it takes a lot of "mana" to cast the mystical spell of 'Throws my axe' from {{champion:2}} or even the wizard {{champion:104}} would need to wait a minute or 2 before he magics up some more bullets or if he wants to move quick.
Rioter Comments
: It would alienate people who play him. It would make it the same situation as champions like Lee Sin or Yasuo: Nobody tries to play them because of high skill caps, but those who do play them are overly oppressive because of the nature of their kits. Changing Ezreal's Q like that would make new players turn off to him, since they will do very poorly because they can't utilize his mobility, but people who are very good at him will become overly oppressive.
And yet champions like Yasuo and Lee Sin DO have higher skill caps. They ARE overly oppressive due to the nature of their kits. What is the reward for a player that misses Ezreal's Q currently? Isn't the purpose of a narrow skill shot to reward the player for landing a hit?
Rioter Comments
: I was planning on applying to Riot for a job. What do you think of my Resume?
: I just discovered something amazing
{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Fasmodey (EUW)
: @Riot, here's the question. Do the Ascended have genitals?
Have you ever stopped to think about champions in League in their daily life? Just picture someone like Riven or Yasuo going to the bathroom. Doesn't it seem weird
: Why are people so terrified of yasuo????
I like yasuo. I have nothing against the rest of his kit. I actually really like that he synergizes with a team with knock ups. I dont, however, like wind wall. It just straight up deletes projectiles. Two solutions: 1 - Projectiles that hit windwall will detonate as if hitting a champion. 2 - The ability is now a slash that deletes a single projectile (including a single tower shot)
: it took my 2 seconds to type that comment, it took OP at least an hour or 2, OP is wasting his time, I'm not. yikes.
We appreciate your discussion here. Imagine when Michelangelo finaly finished the statue of David and then you come along and say "what even is the point of this? What a waste of time and space" And then go out of your way to publish a news article saying that its just a waste of time. Why even make the effort to post at all?
Show more

TheHobbits

Level 79 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion