: I mean I don't have any hard evidence since Riot doesn't release them. I just know that my once 100 man friendlist is mostly a ghost town now, and most of my favorite streamers quit.
The very fact they don't boast their numbers, indicates those numbers aren't worth boasting about
: > [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7qLg4ueA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-22T15:40:16.749+0000) > > Aaah I miss the fun ol' days running all AD quints, E max Sion. That 100AD at lvl 1 chunking monster was so much fun. Hp runes {{champion:23}}
Fill scaling AD illaoi, buildin full AD. Full magic pen vel'koz ect
Meddler (NA)
: Yeah, we're on a similar page now. Plan is to disable tooltips like that on minimap hover in the next patch.
Hi meddler, on the topic of summoners rift was wondering if I could get your thoughts on these imbalances . https://imgur.com/a/uH64SCH (just shows the areas of interest in relation to below) 1. Here we see a larger gap between the wall opposite the wolf camp, and the wolf camp itself. This makes champions like elise and gragas unable to use their gap-closers as effectively on red team as on the blue team. Gragas' E hits the wolfs on blue team, but not red and elise can rapel on blue team, but can't on red team. 2. Here, the red teams blue buff wall has a larger portion, this could mean the difference between an invader or invadee escaping or catching their target. 3. We see a similar but far less significant wall portion around the blue teams wolf camp, in which the apex (pointy ends) of the walls have less thick space than the red teams, but only slightly. More skeptical here as it may be more down to subtle angle changes. 4. A difference in bush placement that's power neutral, as they can be abused by both teams. The top side circle bush is more centred to the river, making it better for ambush/approaching baron as it's further from tower (more room to chase) and closer to baron pit. 5. This one hits me where it hurts most as a Nunu player. This portion of baron pit wall, on the red team base's side has a point at which it suddenly juts out a few mm. This is demonstrated here https://imgur.com/a/7gKxyjS . These points cause nunu to break his snowball and players, who would otherwise walk in a straight arc to potentially shuffle into an oncoming spell. We then see this issue repeated with the tri bushes near river as depicted in these images https://imgur.com/a/ALyHT2g 6. And finally, the blue buff exit into river for both teams. The blue team's exit is larger than red teams. This provides a tight choke point if red team contests a dragon, and a wide choke point if blue team contests a baron. This favors blue team in both cases. The rest of the jungle exits into river are equal to both teams. Hoping these lil issue scan be resolved
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5fhHwER5,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-11T01:29:47.956+0000) > > Indeed. It's crazy that what people call a "tank meta" it's about tanks dealing too much damage, not about tanks being too... tanky. > As it has been discussed many times, this company doesn't want, and by the way it's probably not able, to make tanks actual tanks. > > _As a tank: I won't kill you, you won't kill me. > As a tank, I don't want to deal damage. I want to protect allies, make enemies focusing me and wasting their skills, and so on._ > > "But if tanks deal no damage, you can just ignore them"... > **False**: as in many other games, a little bit of competence and smartness is enough to find several ways to make **tanks relevant WITHOUT DAMAGE**: special taunts, peculiar saving features like Braum or Tahm, healer tanks (Taric style), low cd ccs/resettable ccs (Taric style), swapping places with allies, ally-overbuffing skills and so on. > > > > **(oh, and look at maybe the only actual tank, _Braum_: 45% WR :D)**
""But if tanks deal no damage, you can just ignore them"..." I agree with this in a teamfight sense. But if tanks don't deal enough dmg they can't function in top/jungle and would be relegated to support, which would turn it into picking the 1-2 same champs every game, which is reflected in the examples your proposed.
Terozu (NA)
: My first match said my allied karthus killed me via Steel Tempest and Silver Bolts.
A rammus killed me with death lotus dealing 3.2K true dmg
: Tank junglers among the best junglers in the game yet boards still believe tank junglers don't exist HMMMMM And ofc you miss jungle being giga broken. Broken isn't enough for the vast majority of bad players.
wouldn't mind both buffs giving lvl 3 like the old days. fatten em up to slow it down a tad doe
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: LOL literally the last thing tank items need is stats i don't think that friend should be your friend
> [{quoted}](name=Pxerkza,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wE2Z2WxY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T10:28:04.583+0000) > > LOL > literally the last thing tank items need is stats > > i don't think that friend should be your friend tank items have lost 1800 HP 80 armor and 50 MR over the years. How are the other classes going?
: nerf tank dmg sejuani and tahm and gragas doo too much damage for their tanky and mobility
> [{quoted}](name=ggplayer12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0EU5WjGA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-10T17:27:33.195+0000) > > nerf tank dmg sejuani and tahm and gragas doo too much damage for their tanky and mobility gragas isn't a tank and is generally built full AP. Sejuani gets her E dmg as it has a greater requirement than most. I agree that tahm is flat out r%%%%%ed in his damage output
: Let’s look at why tanks are currently not of high value
In addition to the items, Tanks have lost around 1500 HP, 80 armor and 50 MR through item nerfs over the years
Sir Gusi (EUW)
: I agree mostly with you accept with {{champion:78}}
Unfortunately he's actually dead on. Poppy is absurdly oppressive as her dmg scales with her opponent, is generally unavoidable and she's such a strong stat stick that most top champs can't actually "win" against her, as her kit is a big "fk u" button. The only thing holding her back from being god tier, is not having an ultimate
: Play toplane properly: A) Let the enemy push, freeze in front of your turret--->enemy jungler ganks you anyways. B)Be the better laner, get prio and vision--->enemy jungler ganks anyways. As long as the jungle is as stupid as it is right now with being able to just non stop gank without losing anything for it thanks to turret plating and xp sharing+catch up xp toplane as all the other lanes will be hell. It really doesn't matter which lane, while top feels the worst getting sit mid not being able to control river, vision or being able to roam sucks. Everyone will be bitching at you while the jungler that has been ignoring your lane will be like "solo lane diff XD". Jungle needs to be changed. Id prefer it to be a support role again because it being a carry role hasn't worked the last few years neither as a farm heavy carry role nor as a gank heavy role. I still think riot should just reduce the timers a bit, put more resources into camps but let them hit WAY harder e.g. cut off sustain so ganking is actually a decision and not just default because it could go sideways if you are half health in the jungle instead of full health permanently.
> Jungle needs to be changed. Id prefer it to be a support role again because it being a carry role hasn't worked the last few years neither as a farm heavy carry role nor as a gank heavy role. This is just objectively false. Jungle has pretty much never been a support role unless we're looking at LCS or season1/2 since I have no idea what they played then. When I started in season 3, kha/lee/elise were meta. Season 4 saw bruisers like vi take over as kha/elise were nerfed. Season 5 we saw tanks. Season 6 marksman then tank assassins, can't remember S7 and barely played season 8. However I do agree and have imagined your solution. The current issue being ganking is the only viable option, because farming the jg sucks. I wouldn't make monsters hit harder, I'd just make them fatter to slow down clears (as this would make them deal more dmg over time anyway)
: What's the most evil thing you've done to win a game?
Drain tank heimerdinger into a pissy little {{champion:238}} while stealing 3 barons with ult E + W and managing to 1v5 their team in under a second after I'd scaled a tad
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 28
Hi Meddler, sorry for the straight copy an paste that's about to come, but was wondering if I could get your thoughts on these summoners rift map imbalances I found in relation to this map image https://imgur.com/a/uH64SCH (just shows the areas of interest in relation to below) 1. Here we see a larger gap between the wall opposite the wolf camp, and the wolf camp itself. This makes champions like elise and gragas unable to use their gap-closers as effectively on red team as on the blue team. Gragas' E hits the wolfs on blue team, but not red and elise can rapel on blue team, but can't on red team. 2. Here, the red teams blue buff wall has a larger portion, this could mean the difference between an invader or invadee escaping or catching their target. 3. We see a similar but far less significant wall portion around the blue teams wolf camp, in which the apex (pointy ends) of the walls have less thing space than the red teams, but only slightly. More skeptical here as it may be more down to subtle angle changes. 4. A difference in bush placement that's power neutral, as they can be abused by both teams. The top side circle bush is more centred to the river, making it better for ambush/approaching baron as it's further from tower (more room to chase) and closer to baron pit. 5. This one hits me where it hurts most as a Nunu player. This portion of baron pit wall, on the red team base's side has a point at which it suddenly juts out a few mm. This is demonstrated here https://imgur.com/a/7gKxyjS . These points cause nunu to break his snowball and players, who would otherwise walk in a straight arc to potentially shuffle into an oncoming spell. We then see this issue repeated with the tri bushes near river as depicted in these images https://imgur.com/a/ALyHT2g 6. And finally, the blue buff exit into river for both teams. The blue team's exit is larger than red teams. This provides a tight choke point if red team contests a dragon, and a wide choke point if blue team contests a baron. This favors blue team in both cases. The rest of the jungle exits into river are equal to both teams. Hoping these lil issue can be resolved
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=TheSingularity,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h7b01gAg,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-26T08:31:29.851+0000) > > "Mordekaiser Slow icon slows the targeted enemy champion by 75% for Channeling icon0.5 seconds." > > Now his ult doesn't need this. If it were gone it'd function as if it was never there. Riot intentionally put this slow in PURELY so it could be cleansed/QSS'd. So technically you do lose control, then have limited control during the ultimate. > > The bigger reason was the sheer number of ults nullified or reduced in effectiveness by previous qss {{champion:131}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} (as it removed spirit){{champion:96}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:110}}{{champion:238}} as it "removed all debuffs" > All of these champions {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}}{{champion:141}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:516}}{{champion:223}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:161}} would see similar issues if QSS functioned in the old way, as once you remove their debuffs, they lose MAJOR kit function, most of them in the form of their ults then that leaves me with the question why it's deemed ok by riot that some champions do get royally screwed by QSS and not ok for others? for example mordekaiser loses his ultimate, leaving him with 3 abilities, malzahar loses his ultimate, leaving him with 3 abilities and severely gimped, now why would this be worse than say QSS removing zed ult or trundle ult for example?
Because most champions who's ults are CC ults, can function perfectly fine without them. Generally the ult's we see than don't get screwed over by qss, are stat based ults, generally dmg. See some of the champs I listed in the second part. Imagine cleansing vel'koz stacks, his ult now doesn't deal true dmg despite being 100% avoidable. Illaoi loses a spirit, and thus a tentacle for her R. Diana loses her ult reset. Trundle would jst fking melt. Vlad loses damage amp and a heal But then ashe, casseopia or sejuani. They can all keep doing their jobs without their ults. yeah it's much harder in a 1v1 scenario, but that's rarely the case and most don't buy a QSS for these ults, as they can be 100% avoided, usually with a flash or body block With morde, same as with skarner/malzahar it's a point and click spell with zero counterplay. Remember Morde's ult sets him up to succeed with the stat theft aspect. And you generally only buy a QSS to stop an ult that can't be stopped without it. OR when there is simply that much fking CC that you need a cleanse item.
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h7b01gAg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T03:02:16.866+0000) > > Because loss of control over your character is what the QSS was designed to fight, not the damage. It didn't make sense that, although QSS is suppose to be there to be the counter to CC, it was also cleansing the damage portion of these abilities as well. It was acting as pure damage prevention in these situations before the change. Even in Malzahar's situation the damage is still happening after it's been cleansed now. except you don't lose control of your character in any way when mordekaiser uses his ult on you, for all intents of purpose with riots war on ''clarity'' there is absolutely 0 clarity to a 0 CC ability like morde his ult to be removed by QSS
"Mordekaiser Slow icon slows the targeted enemy champion by 75% for Channeling icon0.5 seconds." Now his ult doesn't need this. If it were gone it'd function as if it was never there. Riot intentionally put this slow in PURELY so it could be cleansed/QSS'd. So technically you do lose control, then have limited control during the ultimate. The bigger reason was the sheer number of ults nullified or reduced in effectiveness by previous qss {{champion:131}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} (as it removed spirit){{champion:96}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:110}}{{champion:238}} as it "removed all debuffs" All of these champions {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}}{{champion:141}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:516}}{{champion:223}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:161}} would see similar issues if QSS functioned in the old way, as once you remove their debuffs, they lose MAJOR kit function, most of them in the form of their ults
stoyo8 (NA)
: being autofilled jungle is miserable
Hey man You can avoid autofill 99% of the time if you follow these instructions: Start any queue. then restart the queue when: * The queue exceeds 75% estimated time * a champion select is dodged
bonglorde (OCE)
: 80-90% of games in silver I destroy bot lane as adc will be so far ahead and my team will deliberately int or afk because I ask them to group for an objective cause I’m so far ahead and we win team fights easily at this point, or just flame tell me to get f’d don’t tell me what to do all that and deliberately lose us the game riot has had an issue with there ranked system since season1 and had failed to ever do anything which is sad as someone who has easily invested 7,5-10k playing hours and shared the game with so many it really frustrates me that you still have to reward in your ranked system for people who do really well 100% but can’t climb Elo cause there team afk’s or ints seriously league time to wake up slack work team and if you think otherwise how about the 4 week response to my email when my account was being hacked than you banned it as that was the safe thing to do in the meantime so I didn’t end up being. Able to play for 6 weeks fix your shit riot stop being slack
Oh it's definitely harder to get people to follow as an adc, as you influence less people and are generally hogging gold rather than handling it out to people.
: +1 I'd also add: Generally.... people in Silver simply do not like to be carried. If you assert authority/knowledge, they literally care about punishing you for it. They will actually tell you to F off, and then int feed the rest of the game in the guise of "pushing." Or they will refuse to group, and solo push top the rest of the game. They will also "defend" using that 0 Mastery champ! Or, they will choose two-three champs in the SAME GAME that all only have absolute late game presence, like Kayle + Yuumi + Vayne..... and actually think they will survive to late game with that team composition! And then once you warn them they won't get there, they tell team to report the Kayle after the Kayle feeds 8 times before level 7 (Like that wasn't predictable). They will absolutely troll if you choose something they consider off meta too. nearly 70% of the time I pick Zyra jungle, I get the same exact comment: Zyra Jungle? Zyra can't jungle! Nearly 60% of teams say the exact same thing about Morgana. Lmfao.
I found the opposite in silver, generally (as a tank jg) they fall in line and do as their told like good little boys most of the time. Likely because I give them kills rather than secure them, but generally I can make the entire team my bitch 4/5 games
: > [{quoted}](name=MalumInSeGaming,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T18:26:32.166+0000) > > You mean like an option in settings where you can either be in the pool of auto fill or be in a separate pool with strictly role queues? That sounds like a decent idea. except that no one would have it turned on riot talked about this (I forget where exactly) and they said that without autofill, queues for games would skyrocket...because people avoid certain roles like the plague *support/jungle*
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T18:59:25.117+0000) > > except that no one would have it turned on > > riot talked about this (I forget where exactly) and they said that without autofill, queues for games would skyrocket...because people avoid certain roles like the plague *support/jungle* Then the current queue should just go, with all players expected to play all 5 roles depending on pick order rather than the 2 mains they tunnel vision, leaving them as guaranteed losses when filled
: What's your current song you have on repeat until you eventually start to hate it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiBDvn6-fXU The long notes {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: Revert Akali. 10 Nerfs after rework = rework was a failure.
No one complained because she was in the same state as now. Nerfed to shit because she was a failure of a champion
: What is Urgot's weakness
Playing passively and outscaling him. Urgot is like heim and illaoi. He thrives when you do all of the hard work and engage into him, where he can flip you over and fk u up. But he's really, really fkin shit at getting onto you himself (unless you're another juggernaut). By far the biggest tilter for an urgot is when the enemy plays smart and doesn't suicide into you like a regular player. This stops you from losing, so about winning. You outscale and fken destroy him. He will become an ult bot (and his ult is shit if he cant hit who he wants or his team doesnt focus who he hits)
: This would be abused by win traders in high elo.
: X champion doesn't belong in Y lane
Twitch is a niche cheese strat that is absolutely crushed by semi competent players.
: Hash's point is that armor items on mages are way too strong and gold efficient in contrast to MR items on bruisers/tanks. But the majority of everyone here in this thread are below diamond, so there's no real point to try to discuss anything.
{{item:3156}} Bruisers dont have a dedicated MR item because almost all their items are defensive hybrids in some way. The effective health would be about the same once they get a visage or helm in tandem with their kits
FSRER (EUNE)
: I was playing Jax and I was against a Vladimir who I think was half a million points or so. I was getting ganked by the enemy jungler all the time and I was forced under my tower where vladimir could still poke and I couldn't farm easily because of that. Our jungle Xin was doing nothing and because I took the krugs to get some gold and exp he just typed in all chat "report top" and just stayed afk farming in jungle for the rest of the game, ending 0/5/2 if I remember correctly at 30+ mins. Staying afk farming jungle camps should be a reportable offense (since devourer isn't a thing for a long time now). It's like trolling your laners.
I mean that's either a bad jungler or all of your lanes lost/permashoved. There are situations in which a jungler simply can't do anything, because his team isn't producing opportunities he can act upon. Now idk how recent/how this game went down as I can't find it in the last month of your history so gonna make a theoretical scenario, that occurs quite often. Let's say that vlad is level 6+ 4/0 The enemy jungler is 4/1 Bot lane is perma shoving (making them hard to gank for, but easy to be ganked) Enemy mid lane is a leblanc/fizz/lisandra/anivia/xerath/morg (a pain in the ass to successfully gank). In this situation, the only lane that's even worth trying to gank as xin, is your lane. But vlad is more than likely going to 1v2 you both or escape with both of you low as fk. Taking drak/herald is too risky as the enemy jungler will ass fk the xin and steal the objective with a gold/level+smite advantage if there's any vision/they happen to pop up. Xin can't invade safely as he's behind the enemy jungler and xin can't tower dive as he simply isn't that great at it unless he's stupidly fed. Now if he was a different champ things may have been different, But we'll never know. So, he has one option. To farm farm farm and hope to hell he stays relevant enough while his team (hopefully) outscales the enemy. Sure if the xin is jst afk farming (and isn't new) while every lane is an easy risk free gank. Pop that report. But recognise that there will be games in which a jungler just can't do anything, because no one is allowing him to. This is particularly true in low-mid elo where players are far less inclined to help a jungler in need or commit to their dives, leaving the jungler being spammed mia pings when he's caught 1v2 or dies to tower. Now just personal opinion. But if you want to take a jungle camp, then walk all the way down to raptors and take those. The krug camp gives a jungler the most gold and XP of any camp in the game (even more with their jungle item). If you tax this camp out of all the others available, you're essentially griefing them no matter what your intentions are. If the above scenario resembles that game, you can see why xin got pissed as his camps are the only things standing between him being relevant and not
Jamaree (NA)
: Other then Ezreal, what other ranged champion even takes Klepto anyway? Maybe Vayne at best, Quinn?
In addition to OP {{champion:420}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:4}}
: Is there a possibility of just adding the old Akali kit to the game? Have two versions of the champion? Doing this for reworks makes it so people who have fallen in love with a champ are not lost in the abyss of champ select. Personal experience I have less fun with League ever since the Akali rework. The visual update is fine.
If the kit they removed wasn't as obnoxious and unhealthy as it was, possibly? But like many of their reworks they're removing something that just doesn't work. Is current akali any better given her brief history? Yes as they still created a champion that could be played around, but made the mistake of giving her burst per second.
: Why can't you just revert her? She was fine before hand. You already made your money from the kda skins. I just want my baby back.
She wasn't fine beforehand. She was an unhealthy stat stick that couldn't be allowed to be decent and if she was she'd see a yasuo level ban rate
Big Tick (EUW)
: CoTC had many problems, which is why it wasn't brought back. Replacing one problem with another is not a solution, unfortunately. I would much rather riot try to work towards a new keystone.
Care to elaborate? During its existence I was unaware of any glaring issues with it. Curios
Saezio (EUNE)
: Sure, but back when CoC was a thing, mages didn't have such big HP pools. And we still had runes. So my question is if a CoC that is tuned to season 9 runes numbers would be just as abuseable by mages, with the change that it will become stronger with the HP they build, or bruisers like Darius riven etc
CoC would bless you with a 1000 hp shield, with 4000 max HP and 5 enemies around you. That's a fken massive shield and some tanks can supercede that significantly (cho for an extreme example but he;s better built as a mage). I'd probably just buff the base value, but that lategame value is fine
: Educated guess? Fewer new players and more leaving. Rito spreading out the algorithm to keep que times down. They seem determined to keep the game going on it's current path evwn if they kill it to do so.
Fewer new players is a blatant issue in OCE, 10-15min queue times for blind pick @ level 14
Investa (NA)
: If you could choose to not have an autofill, it'd defeat the entire purpose of autofill.
Autofill defeats the purpose of autofill as well as role select Its purpose is to speed up queues. Yet dodging is running rampart either by the autofilled or a team mate who op.gg's the autofilled player who's first timing ryze into an L. Then defeats role select, by hindering match quality and integrity and removing the ability to get the role you want,
: I have another one for you. "Junglers are far more likely to help teammates that help them." If I get invaded and you had priority in lane but refused to come help, don't be surprised when I don't gank for you.
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cVbjOxwc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-09T19:22:36.881+0000) > > I have another one for you. "Junglers are far more likely to help teammates that help them." > > If I get invaded and you had priority in lane but refused to come help, don't be surprised when I don't gank for you. Better yet "Don't be surprised when I CAN'T! gank for you"
: ZAC REVERT SUCKS!
The problem is it isn't a proper revert His ult doesn't drop enough blobs per bounce, or even any on the third and fourth and his W %HP dmg is a absolute joke. In addition, his old R flowed perfectly with his old Q. But the current clunky as fk Q just doesn't work well with it
: I don't know why everyone thinks he's OP. All of his damage comes from his passive and grasp. He just works too well with it and the same goes for someone like sion or mundo both of which do considerable amounts of damage because they work so well with it. Hell, cho'gath can half hp someone at level 1 with a single auto using his E with a grasp proc and nobody is talking about him lol
You can effectively run away from all of the above, 3 procs and you're goin into tahms belly for another chunk od dmg
: Nope, you can indeed carry yourself out of bronze with support. You wont hyper carry, but I have definitely dragged adcs to a victory kicking and screaming with Blitz and Sona.
I never said you couldn't, but unlike a kha, kayn or irelia. You can't 1v9 in the same way, you still need to load your team on your shoulders. If there's no team you're screwed
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheSingularity,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7em6ovO2,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-08T07:30:37.792+0000) > > To be fair, support and support jungle mains will always need their teams to get out of any rank Jungle is one of the easiest roles to climb in, and many supports can carry on their own.
I never stated you couldn't climb. But a kha zix has a much better chance of 1V5ing even if his entire team afks as opposed to a janna, nunu, ivern or sona
Pika Fox (NA)
: If you need your team to get out of bronze, then you dont deserve to get out of bronze.
To be fair, support and support jungle mains will always need their teams to get out of any rank
: I like to think you wrote this thinking this proves him wrong, but you're proving his point. People like you, who are actual gold, play in bronze to level up. I, an actual bronze player, have to play against you, and lose. Because you're gold and I'm bronze. Not because I'm not trying hard enough, because you're a skill bracket ahead of me. It's like a middle-school team playing a college team, and when the middle school team loses, you say "stop blaming other people, just be better and you could have beat us." And you're not the only one who does this, a lot, I'd almost go as far to say the majority of high-elo players, smurf at some point or another. And a poor team of actual bronze has to play against a team with at least one smurf, I'd say statistically half the time. That's not based on actual numbers, but my experience in Bronze. I'd essentially have to reach gold-level skill to reliably beat most of the "bronze" teams with smurfs and get out of bronze. And people do do that, I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it hurts newer players, and turns a lot of casual players off from playing ranked. You know the reason you're never been in bronze for more than 5-6 games on your smurfs? Because you're not bronze-level skill. You're gold. So your "experience" in bronze elo is kinda not relevant at all.
While I agree with you, he's likely also talking as someone who has been in bronze. Most have been bronze, I was bronze and his initial passage is right on the money. You are the only common factor in your games, you are the only factor you have 100% control over. So focus on you and every single teeny tiny mistake you make instead of the mistakes your allies make.
: It was ornn. But the problem with tanks is same problem with enchanters they are limited by the idea of the class, there are only so many ways to cc or tank damage without being so good at it that other tanks are useless. Mages and bruisers have much more diversity in what they do. That's is why there is so many of them vs other classes.
A tank more centred on consistent zone control rather than blowing their load in 2 second?
Avar (OCE)
: please for the love of God, PLEASE say you guys are working on jungle, nobody is happy with the current jungle, not junglers and not laners, a role that has 1000x the early impact of any other role should be well and truly getting **heavily** outscaled come mid-late and lategame
An issue here is few laners manage fit the bill of strong early=shit everywhere else and jungle domination is largely dependant on their allies. However I would agree there are too many strong early scaling junglers. Their impact is largely due to the snowball prominence we still have, hence why farm based junglers see little success past their low elo stomp range. So a sign of a broader gameplay issue rather than a jungle issue. > a role that has 1000x the early impact of any other role should be well and truly getting heavily outscaled come mid-late and lategame We see this when a junglers team doesn't know how to prep a lane for ganks (generally shoving without warding). In which case we see a jungler behind in levels. However it is literally impossible to to achieve what you want to achieve. What if I take yi, kindred, karthus, veigar, cho, kass, velkoz ect into the jungle? Have done all of the above, have had an impact early and scaled with all of the above. The key to fixing the jungle, is giving junglers an alternative to ganking (so enabling farming junglers again). Not the most appealing solution I know. But what is a jungler going to do, who can't kill the enemy jg 1v1 and can't keep up if they power farm? They will gank gank and gank some more. By doing this, we can slow down the first clear of junglers by beefing up monsters and reducing their dmg as compensation (slowing the clears down period as a whole, giving laners a chance to hit lvl 2 before a jungler shows up). This means by ganking they sacrifice more, and there is more importance to counter jungling (as losing camps grants a bigger lead to enemy)
: Isn't armor supposed to be useless anyways? That's what everyone is saying so who cares if he has 42 or 10 It's all the same right?
It's pointless past 100, so add lethality and %shred into the mix and armor gets useless pretty quick
: So why in the world are there still 4th division safety nets?
I mean if the semi safety net in plat didn't exist I woulda plonked straight back down to gold under circumstances I mostly couldn't control. My poor play was directly responsible for 3 of my losses so far, and I really didn't do much for the single win as my mid lane snowballed like a mad fker so all I did was play "protect the carry". **However the rest of the losses are of no fault to my teammates either**, as based on in-lobby searches we were being set up to fail. Consistent 2-3 autofills per game, at least one of them was generally in the adc position and the second was top more often than support. Generally resulting in a bot lane that didn't know how to control their wave (shoving it in generally) making them gank cakes for the enemy, and giant walls for myself Some of these poor souls were low silvers for crying out loud. Pair this with the egotistical brats that plague the 4th division of silver+ ranks because they feel their new shiny loading screen border means something, and you have teams of 5 who seem to want to go out of their way NOT to work together, because "I'm X rank so I;m better than you". Personal gripe, but generally when you block someone, you reduce the chances of finding them again if possible. The shocking amount of double up, autofill blocked players astounded me. Like is there srsly no one else? Is that stupid 2min queue really this important?
: how to get out of gold 4
Just play play play. As long as you're critiquing your mistakes and trying to improve, you will slowly but surely climb. If I had to guess, the first huge wall you'll hit is getting into diamond IV, as plats play pretty much the same as golds, just with bigger egos. Generic advice: have a small champ pool of 2-3 or one trick a champ few people play and/or ban Try to ward heaps and check your minimap each time you poke/clear a camp. If you haven't learn to roam. It's invaluable and can completely shut down your teammates feed. If your teammates are feeding, there is only one question, why aren't you as fed as the opposition?
: > [{quoted}](name=TheSingularity,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BrKJyW8t,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-06-05T22:36:18.697+0000) > > The problem then becomes, why pick tahm? That single ability is tahm kench. Everything else is secondary candy sprinkled on top. > You don't pick tahm supp for Q/E/R, you pick him to eat team mates out of harms way ??? I just said... remove his ability to eat enemy champions... not teammates....
: I think if they want him to be a support again, they should just remove his ability to eat enemy champions completely. I don't think he needs that mechanic, and it's extremely difficult to balance.
The problem then becomes, why pick tahm? That single ability is tahm kench. Everything else is secondary candy sprinkled on top. You don't pick tahm supp for Q/E/R, you pick him to eat team mates out of harms way
Spotty (NA)
: why do people buy early access games?
Because sometimes you get amazing jewels. Like Hollow knight
: QoL changes are also small utility adjustments..... slows/move speed adjustments are generally considered QoL. If we were discussing shield strength or Q damage, that'd be a different story.
Not quite. A QoL buff would be an execute indicator, lux/gragas activating their round skills en route, syndra picking up nearby balls without having to click the ball itself ect This is a straight stat buff, a buff. Not a QoL change
Show more

TheSingularity

Level 160 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion