: It's weird how when you go into a game it says what role you have been designated to play. Almost like the game is GIVING YOU SPECIFICALLY THAT ROLE
You can't get banned for picking draven support, for example, but saying "go support or I'll throw" is something you can report for.
: Why is Lane Stealing Never Punished
You can report him for griefing "Go support or I will throw", but technically you're allowed to pick anything anywhere. League is originally a game with no meta so that players can make their own strategies. Just a shame Riot U turned on that. But theoretically you can just pick anything. "Mid top bot" aren't roles it's just that's the lane you're going to go to. Technically even pro teams don't adhere to those roles, they decide the lanes based on matchup. Ive seen the duo lanes even go mid sometimes. You can't get banned for for a locking in a champion, like picking draven support, for example, but saying "go support or I'll throw" is something you can report for.
Rioter Comments
: I never watched LCS because I never cared to watch irate Asians trash talk one another over their virtual "athleticism." It's an insult to real sports athletes. I hope Esports dies out so it can go back to being a hobby and thus fun again.
> [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gEAu99qn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-17T12:11:22.476+0000) > > I never watched LCS because I never cared to watch irate Asians trash talk one another over their virtual "athleticism." It's an insult to real sports athletes. I hope Esports dies out so it can go back to being a hobby and thus fun again. Dunno who's calling them "athletes" except for visa purposes. More like a branch of Chess.
wean (NA)
: yeah. this is all im saying bro. it is sad to people who have 200 games played in a silver 3 division. Do you know how much time that equates to? 200*40min = 133HRS and it isn't like they are doing bad. they are doing just fine but look at the rest of their team.
I think if you've played 300 games in S3 you probs belong in S3 until you improve skill/game knowledge. And I say that because I spent 3 seasons in bronze. When I got to silver I knew I was doing better. And when I got to gold I knew that I was doing even better things. You just gotta learn what to do to end a game and get your team to do them. Also how to fight properly. How to manage your minion waves, how to get good vision, which objectives to get and when, and how to trade. Everyone gets someone who plays like shit every so often, even yourself might be the feeder. And even the enemy team might have one. Just luck.
wean (NA)
: Ranked Should Be Changed....
your teams performance affects your rank because its a team game... I think they had to get rid of the Elo system because the game was too big. What I think they should do is remove all promo games except for Div 1 to Div 5 of next rank. Or maybe have 6 divisions and just have promos for div 4-3 and 1-5 of next rank. Idk. If you try hard enough you'll progress. Just takes effort. I don't think that they could calculate all the stat stuff into a matchmaking algorithm. Besides, they're going to fucking destroy ranked next year with their 5 ranks so who cares.
: There are ways to see casual impact, however. As the article points out, you probably noticed how Riot rushed to fix laneswapping, right? Not because the strategy was inherently a problem but because watchers said "Boo! This isn't fun! I wanna watch more fun!". Just as it happened with funneling earlier this year. You'll also notice nerfs coming for Yorick, Garen, Wukong, Quinn, etc. despite these champions not being picked often, if at all, in pro. Again, casual changes made to sate a larger and vocal fanbase. I'm a big proponant of Riot eschewing casual balance entirely due to the trickle down effect of balance as we've seen in this and other games but I'm willing to bet it's not as monetarily viable and the community refuses to acknowledge how balancing around higher tiers is factually better for game balance and health.
Those champions don't need nerfs (except Garen - when will riot realise you can't be a tank and deal huge dmg...) it's duskblade and stormrazer and the runes and other items that need nerfs. This is the Riot curse. They fuck something up, then put out that fire by fucking something else up.
: The idea of reworking the rune system from a trashy ip sink with no real strategic depth into something free for all players with suboptimal choices not being absurdly negative does indeed lean towards casuals, yes.
Are you kidding about the strategic depth? The new runes are a lack of strategic depth. Literally all they had to do was make old runes free once they figured out their huge importance.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: {{champion:10}} {{champion:25}} have too many quality skins that have some sort of effect, or recall. Aether Wing is basically a full blown legendary skin of todays standard, just less well executed by this time. I believe she only lacks a homeguard animation. Riot Kayle is one with effects on E only, but is 975, I definitely see them taking that to next level. PentaKayle is just another annoyance of a modern 1350 forced to get rebuilt. Morgana has 4 skins with recalls and one 1350 *needing* it, that being Blackthorn. Exiled has AA effects but if they were to take that recolour to next level, then unique VFX at least.
The art team and their high budget... meanwhile the ACTUAL GAME itself is turning into a mess.
saltran (EUW)
: Assasins are needed for the game and are healthy overall. (Wu and Shaco both need a rework)
Lol wukong was never a problem before Duskblade. They just need to remove that item.
Riñey (NA)
: There is a unique team dedicated for every aspect of the game you mentioned, crafting skins is done by the skins team, promoting hextech chests and other paid content is done by the marketing team. The developers, server engineers and NOC are responsible for bugfixes and server health and they're doing their best to ensure we enjoy the game as best as possible.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bondy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-08-16T16:55:27.275+0000) > > Ez pz for most of the backline bot laners, just peel for adc and nasus is done. No idea how this post got upvoted so much. > {{champion:67}} {{champion:267}} > {{champion:51}} {{champion:40}} > {{champion:110}} {{champion:117}} > {{champion:222}} {{champion:89}} > {{champion:119}} {{champion:412}} Cause he talking about how it annoying to leave him in lane to farm freely to help your team. Cause most of times you are forced to leave lane to help your team if they are behind and you are ahead in term of carrying, but cause your team super weak and you trying to help them you are forced between two hell either to stay with nasus and stop him from farming then lose game cause weak team you can't carry cause you stuck top or you to move to help your team with chance of 50 -50 that you going to help or die with them depend on how fed the other team while in same time leaving nasus to free farm till he scale. Honestly it the same problem with {{champion:23}} you win lane, you push him out lane and you able to secure two towers but cause your team super weak you can't close from staying top cause Nasus or Tryn will safe farm with help from their jungler and if you moved to help team there the 50-50 chance of winning or failing which lead the split pusher to win hard and scale if you failed to close it as team.
Force 4v5 fights and take TP so you can defend after you win a fight.
DeltaDan (EUW)
: Nasus is a terribly designed champion
Zone him in lane, deny farm, take tp to counter his splits and end the game early. Force 4v5 teamfights when he's not there and make him use his TP.
Kythers (NA)
: at what point did we stop teaching the cry wolf story to kids?
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEUy7I8R,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-16T04:22:59.775+0000) > > at what point did we stop teaching the cry wolf story to kids? Once 5 year olds got iPads
: I still don't understand why Stormraizor and Duskblade have not been completely removed from the game lol
Because Riot are too much of a bunch of greedy fuckers to admit defeat that they fucked up the game. They're too proud cos "zomg our huge game dominates esports we do nothing wrong". Kids wanna 100-0 people because they don't wanna do something where they have to think, then feel like a god so they will buy heaps of skins. $$$$$ thank capitalism for the downfall of the game.
: Years of changes, reworks and reverts later LeBlanc, Rengar and Fizz are STILL fundamentally broken.
I watched the season 4 world finals, and the rengar only seemed to be able to burst champs if he got his stun AND was fed. Same with the Fizz It's probably just the fault of duskblade mostly. They just need to find a point in time where these champs were healthy and revert them back to that point. No need to rework all the time because it fucks with the game and everything we've learnt. There were times where these champs were good only if you were good at them.
Rαy (EUW)
: Nerfing Damage Runes is not enough - we need our Resistances back
We need to bring back original runes and masteries to get our resistances back. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/uHpTATRt-petition-to-bring-back-original-runes-masteries-but-make-runes-free
Kivolan (NA)
: "Wukong's Burst Damage Is Too High"
Riot are too dumb to think of the items as the problem. When they add something to the game they won't remove it because they're too proud to admit they fucked up, even though we all know they've been fucking up now for years.
: meh, mundo was only banned when he had over a 50% winrate wait, with these bans, how far back is this? XD that's season 3 at least and even then i'd say those were rare then
Yes the default bans around season 3. Those were the good times.
RiotLamz (NA)
: Favorite/least favorite Running animation in League
Old {{champion:4}} had the best running animation and it should be brought back.
: If Teemo was a 2018 CertainlyT Champ
The only good champion he's made is thresh and kalista
SEKAI (OCE)
: Riot sppears to have secretly nerfed the minimum BE of the level-up capsule
Each capsule I get the equivalent of Ashe Garen and Cho'Gath + 90 BE. Fucking ridiculous. Bring back the old IP system where you actually get rewarded for playing games.
: Current meta in a nutshell
Back in the day everyone took ignite except adc (barrier) and sometimes supp
Kamille W (EUW)
: I remember the times when we'd just ban Blitz and be happy with our lives. Now, we have to ban {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:7}}
Good old times when you'd just make the standard classic bans and all was good. {{champion:53}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:54}} Those were the good days.
: That is basically impossible.
What I mean is they don't need to change things that aren't in need of change. The only reason why champions "aren't played much" is because they keep adding new champs, and keep changing things all the time which inevitably means something is going to become obsolete. It will just be an ongoing circle of reworks and low pick rates. I wish they would find an equilibrium and stick to it. I can't think of a single champion that needs a rework at all (maybe ryze with his win rate), considering each champion was carefully developed to have a unique playstyle and kit (except for Garen and Darius). The only reason champs become obsolete is because of the adding of new champs which they think need to have ridiculously advanced kits and a million passives. Maybe it's time Riot made a new game. They reworked Galio because no one played him because he was such a niche pick vs AP teams, but he had a fantastic kit. They changed him, and STILL no one plays him. You shouldn't change things that don't really need to be changed. Like how they destroyed Ryze. It puzzles me why Riot kept changing their game so drastically and didn't just keep it how it was at its peak around season 3/4. (Obviously certain reworks are justifiable like Karma etc.)
: For those who say new Willump isn't "Yeti" enough
He looks like a children's toy. Do you think something from toy story is going to brutally devour dragon with 500 true damage and annihilate you with a huge AoE blizzard? That's what people mean when they say he's not "Yeti" enough. (btw I am impartial, just trying to get some context)
Antenora (EUW)
: Crying about 27 armor ... When all Mages have less than 20. {{champion:81}} has 22. {{champion:67}} has 23.
You do realise thats base stats and not runes + masteries?
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: >New Runes: 8 + 12 = 20 Starting Ad Old Runes: 12 = 12 Starting Ad i don't know about that. i remember playing fiora and starting at 90+ad
Thats the extra from the runes. Obv not gonna start the game with 12 ad.
: Patch 7.22 Ruined League of Legends, Patch 8.16 Wont Change Anything
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/uHpTATRt-petition-to-bring-back-original-runes-masteries-but-make-runes-free
: Looks good, but I'm not sure the splash art would be allowed in some regions.
Then they shouldn't get it. Im so angry at how just because China doesn't like exposed bones and goth annie and any of the classic rumble skins etc etc that we have to have them all changed to their shitty skins. If they have different views, then THEY can have different skins. Our skins were good how they were before.
: her shroud had no counterplay. bull shit kit that was cancer to play against
: I'm Gonna Be Sad When Nunu Controversy Starts with his New Look
Because the more childish the game becomes the more kids will start playing......
La Bello (NA)
: good catch actually. Riot should update these to make them all consistent.
Hold up, you're asking Riot to make something consistent here...
: Akali's shroud is one of the worst abilities ever designed
What the fuck was even wrong with the original twilight shroud? In fact, what the fuck was even wrong with the original Akali?
ZoWeeLoli (EUNE)
: I remember when pink wards were actually useful and revealed bullshit stealth.
Remember when we could actually place more than 1 ward.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mystic Pizza,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3E8qIjYV,comment-id=000a000200000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T13:46:47.702+0000) > > It never used to be. It's only now that I've seen so many people cry out about the game. Even pro players. EVEN Faker. Never have I seen THIS level of discontent with the game. Of course there's always something to be upset about, but I've never seen upset at the actual health and life of the game itself. Usually it was just Buff Urgot or nerf Irelia. So you say many people cry about the game dying, and yet you are doing the same thing. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=EnergonVlada,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3E8qIjYV,comment-id=000a0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T14:15:31.145+0000) > > So you say many people cry about the game dying, and yet you are doing the same thing. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Never said I wasn't. But it's still playable for me.
Goju (NA)
: Nearly a decade Later - can we fix this now?
Whatever they do to it, I really hope they keep the visuals the same. It is the only last remnant of the game reminding me of the good old times of yesteryear and looks runic and archaic.
: League gameplay changes over the next few months
Please don't change the ranked system. In hundreds of comments on Nexus I saw only 1 person say they liked the change. Please, no one wants to have to rank up several times. Our rank shows how good we are at the game itself, not just a role. The change doesn't benefit anyone at all. People get their role and champ recognition from champion mastery. You're trying to fix something that isn't broken and that already exists.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mystic Pizza,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3E8qIjYV,comment-id=000a0002,timestamp=2018-08-12T09:16:55.004+0000) > > What do you mean the game always came back? Can't something only die once? League is worse now than it has ever been. Still playable if you don't read the boards, but who knows for how long. It's always on edge of colapse but doesn't colapse.
> [{quoted}](name=EnergonVlada,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3E8qIjYV,comment-id=000a00020000,timestamp=2018-08-12T09:58:57.420+0000) > > It's always on edge of colapse but doesn't colapse. It never used to be. It's only now that I've seen so many people cry out about the game. Even pro players. EVEN Faker. Never have I seen THIS level of discontent with the game. Of course there's always something to be upset about, but I've never seen upset at the actual health and life of the game itself. Usually it was just Buff Urgot or nerf Irelia.
: When did LOL become Overrun by Impatient Children
Because dumbing down the game and making matches shorter brings more kids into the game. So the current meta is child-friendly. The game needs to go back to being MA 15+.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: And that proves completely nothing lol, you could have played vs 5 boosted bonobos, and now you're using this as a "great" point in anti-ignite crusade.
Not anti ignite, anti Runes Reforged
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: One month or two ago people would downvote you for saying this. But now, people have realized how much the game has been dumped. But sadly no matter how much they try, the game doesn't die, it eventually comes back, it always did and always does... Deal with it.
> [{quoted}](name=EnergonVlada,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3E8qIjYV,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-08-11T18:55:55.151+0000) > > One month or two ago people would downvote you for saying this. > But now, people have realized how much the game has been dumped. But sadly no matter how much they try, the game doesn't die, it eventually comes back, it always did and always does... > Deal with it. What do you mean the game always came back? Can't something only die once? League is worse now than it has ever been. Still playable if you don't read the boards, but who knows for how long.
: Why would I care about what was played in LCS season 4? I've been around since the release of Vayne and I've never given 2 shits about what's happening in tournaments because they had zero impact on me throughout 7+ years of League. I play what I want to play and make the best of it. When people were whining and complaining that Aatrox was weak after his mini rework, I took him up in the jungle and carried myself to Gold 5 from Silver 4. When I heard people complaining that assassins were reducing champ diversity in season 7, I took jungle Taric and Tahm Kench to carry me to Gold 2. Even now as people complain that damage is too high and tanks are dead, I still love playing those two. If you want to play a champion, just play them; I'm sure MaliciousMetal and Akali is SO HOT are both playing their favorite champions even if they're at 40% win rate. And no, if I had to deal with 45 minute games now as an adult, where I have only 4 hours of spare time after work, I would not play league. I have enough stress as it is, I don't want to invest 40 minutes in a game only for a full build Sona to come by and 1 shot the ADC for my loss. There is also no joy in winning or losing a 45 minute game just because a phoenix Udyr finally split pushed your whole base while the two teams fought a long, drawn out 4v5 as used to happen in early seasons. 45 minutes is also way too long of a time for anybody that has time commitments. 3 years ago when I started dating my girlfriend, do you understand how much of a piece of shit I felt like when I had to tell my girlfriend I couldn't let her in for another half hour if she decided to surprise visit me at my college dorm? Or the times where I'd start a game an hour and a half before an appointment and then, "whoops this game lasted 1:15:00 instead of 45:00, sorry I'm late!". No, I died inside every time that happened.
Yeah 45 minutes is fucking ages. Imagine all those people who play & watch 90 minute soccer matches, my God, it's like how can they even make the time on the weekends? Gosh golly. Their girlfriends must hate them! If you've got such a full life then why are you even bothering arguing people on a message board? Fuck video games and go live your life. But playing a 20 minute league match where you either face roll or get face rolled is FUCKING boring. The old days where you used to actuaally have to WORK hard to win were 1000% more fun win OR lose. Because you know you put in your effort and actually learned shit at the end of the game. It felt like 40 mins of hard work, and not 20 mins of getting cheated out of your time. And playing a tank is the easy way out in this Meta because you can't get 100-0 in .5 seconds. Good on you for finding a way to beat the meta. The only reason why Riot has changed the game like this is to make the game easier for casual players and invite more kids over from Fortnite or whatever because they couldn't play league because they have too much Math homework and were afraid of getting called to eat dinner. And more kids = more money on RP because kids do that. Ghostcrawler admitted it himself. The more people they can get playing, the more money they make. Too bad Riot are to stupid to actually make the right decisions and are busy shoving their cash up their ass, woo hoo capitalism. Congratulations on actually finding fun in the current state of the game. But you're in the minority. The game was much better 3-5 years ago and we all know it. You spend the same amount of time playing, you just get less out of it.
Parznip (NA)
: I miss old runes.
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/uHpTATRt-petition-to-bring-back-original-runes-masteries-but-make-runes-free
: I don't see why people keep complaining about game length. Your ranked average time for the past 20 games has been 32 minutes. Removing the longest and shortest match from that data drops it to a 31.75 minute average. Removing the next longest and shortest brings you to a 31.79 minute average. You've had 11 games longer than 30 minutes, and only 4 games shorter than 25 minutes, with only 1 ending before 20 minutes. -------------- "Meta breaking"/"What variety" Quite the contrary to the "no variety" statement you made in your post, in your past 20 ranked solo games you've seen 85 unique champions out of a total of 142 champions. The meta breaking has only changed forms, now we only ever hear about it when it's overbearing like AP Trynd. I have "meta broken" for the past 2 years basically, playing as jungle Taric, jungle (old) Aatrox, jungle Tahm, and I'm currently learning jungle (new) Aatrox. Very rarely do I get people who flame in champ select, it's only if I have a bad game that they get upset. ------------- Tl;dr - I think you're blowing things out of proportion and pining for the olden days for no real reason Edit: And food for thought, the last time the game had only 85 champions was in October 2011, so your past 20 games over a period of 7 days has had as much diversity of league of legends had in the whole game in 2011.
Maybe you didnt play league before season 4. All you gotta do is watch the season 4 WORLDS FINAL to KNOW how much of a better and more fun game it was. AND the assassin champs played in that game LIKE RENGAR AND FIZZ were obviously not as stupid as today. Now it's just boring and most game end before 25 mins (Unless you're in Low Elo in which case those games get drawn out to 30+ mins, which are the game you are seeing). Sure meta breaking has changed forms over the seasons, but the old ones were agreeably better, more fun, and allowed for more diversity. The games 90% of the time all go the same way these days. And of course, there are exceptions. Not all games are short and one sided.
: That's not what makes the boards a minority. Most people don't have a need to complain, or if they do, don't feel it is worth the effort. The boards (and Reddit) will always be a minority of the game population, because most people just aren't that involved in the game to extended their interest into out of game communities. Add to that, most people that come to the boards only come here to complain about stuff, so there will always be a general feel here that something is bad.
. All I'm saying is Riot should actually bother to check the forums they created themselves for this sole purpose over outside sites. Because when people really do have an issue, they would think that the website itself would be better contact with Riot than reddit. And the fact that so many people are complaining should serve as a warning to riot about the game... but they don't care about the boards. Of course something is bad dude, have you even played the current game? Maybe a moderator should just delete posts that are troll/hypocrisy/not serious.
: Finally, someone who feels the same way I do. I've been playing since preseason 1 and I use to follow the pro scene all the time until season 5. I literally quit the game for a whole year, almost two until I came back. I also stopped watching LCS ever since. I wish this game would just be fun to watch and play again.
They need to get a time machine. The state of the current game gives me so much nostalgia I now would prefer to play on the old map design.
Leetri (EUW)
: How the hell was the art better in S2? Back then every single splash art was just the in-game model painted over in MS Paint.
No man that was the 2009 splashes when the game released. Check out Annie's second splash. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/d/d7/Annie_OriginalSkin_old2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160127025724
: it's cool cuz vi got a 3 hit aa that procs 3500% bonus dps 3 5 0 0% man I just want this game back to s4/s5 I dont even play anymore cuz of shit changes like this and yas
s3/s4* season 4 worlds vs s5 worlds. nearly fell asleep watching s5 worlds
Nea104 (EUW)
: It's August. Have you seen any improvement in this game since November? :D
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YO3t9JAh,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-08-08T22:51:07.853+0000) > > It's August. Have you seen any improvement in this game since ~~November~~ Season 4? :D ftfy
Show more

Wild Is The Wind

Level 86 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion