youubi (NA)
: Dear Riot, please consider recategorizing your older skins (aka, old Legendaries).
They wont change the system since its all part of the greater Legacy Filler System they have present, being that they allow legacy and older not up to standards skin to be present simply because they wont be getting sales on it anyway, its easy to give away free stuff that was never going to be sold anytime soon. So yeah you going to end up with your 3 rerolls turning into a Chroma Legacy skin, or your Legandary skin drop being some outdated skin.
: not just mains buy skins for champs. i understand that for boards users it's sometimes a strange concept but most people aren't onetricks. out of those 5 i personally already play and quite enjoy 3. i have bought skins for 2 of those and that's only cuz i like base pyke alot. So we're forgetting the fact that KDA ahri is pretty much just popstar 2.0? and i doubt she's the first one double dipping, i mean shen has 2 fucking mortal kombat skins. now sure she's doing so within a year apparently, except by the time they release it'll have been a year. It's clear these skins will follow up Pentakill and KDA, as a sorta prequel to KDA apparently. K/DA akali is the biggest treasure chest riot's found in years and they didn't even see it coming themselves. so why would they not? I'd complain but noone here cared when jhin actually managed to get 3 skins within a year. none of you genuinly care about equality, you're grumpy your champ ain't getting shit, you don't actually care about the popularity of a champ. quite interested in them being ready to throw boards incessant bitching aside to ACTUALLY explore one of their skin universes tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=shQs2cvN,comment-id=001900000000,timestamp=2019-10-21T09:44:18.575+0000) > > not just mains buy skins for champs. i understand that for boards users it's sometimes a strange concept but most people aren't onetricks. > > out of those 5 i personally already play and quite enjoy 3. i have bought skins for 2 of those and that's only cuz i like base pyke alot. > > So we're forgetting the fact that KDA ahri is pretty much just popstar 2.0? and i doubt she's the first one double dipping, i mean shen has 2 fucking mortal kombat skins. now sure she's doing so within a year apparently, except by the time they release it'll have been a year. It's clear these skins will follow up Pentakill and KDA, as a sorta prequel to KDA apparently. > > K/DA akali is the biggest treasure chest riot's found in years and they didn't even see it coming themselves. so why would they not? I'd complain but noone here cared when jhin actually managed to get 3 skins within a year. > none of you genuinly care about equality, you're grumpy your champ ain't getting shit, you don't actually care about the popularity of a champ. > > quite interested in them being ready to throw boards incessant bitching aside to ACTUALLY explore one of their skin universes tbh. Were we on the same boards, everyone was bitching about Jhin getting so many skins so quickly when it happened, boards hate it enough that certain champs keep getting annual skins, people were freaking livid with Jhin got powerpushed with 4 skins. The point was there were degrees, it starts to feel a bit more brazen when you do have these instances of several champions getting skins every six months, and yes it fits the prequel skinline or whatever it seems like but its also a case of, you could slot another champion in their, as a person who replaced akali in the group, and then wait, then next year give her a Skin for it. Again its just a case of people feeling frustrated when Riots favourtism starts becoming so blatant, its frustrating, and at least for myself it makes me start to wonder how many champions were passed up in skin discussion because Yasuo, Because Akali, because KaiSai can get another skin 6 months after their initial one, and how much the skin teams are even perhaps pushed to use these champions, like Project and Battle boss both seemed to have pretty panned skins with the blatant favorite picks of Akali and Yasuo. Again its just frustrating when it almost seems like Skin lines have to pay a popular champion Tax and include 2 of 3 of those biannual champs in them when other champions seem like they would fit better (IE Xerath for Battle Boss). It just seems like if you play C list or even B list champs we are getting thrown less and less bones in both skins and balance at this point in the game, and how long until it gets to the point that every team skinline is just going to include the same like 8 popular champs for everything.
: I'm having a strange feeling that one of the designers likes the armored bear. Like it makes 0 sense to why they would take this route. Out of the million reworks they have done never not even once did they care about the fans and now out of sudden for Voli out of all the champions...
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T16:28:33.131+0000) > > I'm having a strange feeling that one of the designers likes the armored bear. Like it makes 0 sense to why they would take this route. Out of the million reworks they have done never not even once did they care about the fans and now out of sudden for Voli out of all the champions... IF only there was some sort of long abandoned skin line they could use so they could retain both themes of a armored bear and a horror beast. IF anyone should have a traditional skin it seems Volibear would be it.
: The thing is, those models are made for a mobile game There is a reason they look differently. Even compare a newer champ, like Neeko's, to a champ from Wild Rift. PC champs faces dont move, they have less showy features and animations, they're less flashy, straight up booting models from wild rift into summoners rift would look out of place. I do think they could use the models for a potential VO (not for all the champs, but a few), but they would have to change a lot of signifigant things, and if you've ever made a model from scratch you would know how hard it is to change things like that. Maybe Riot will give updates to some of the champs with older animations (old recalls expecially, pls fix rito), but not just straight up porting those WR models.
> [{quoted}](name=DeracadaVenom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bE4Gucl5,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-24T00:51:59.195+0000) > > The thing is, those models are made for a mobile game > > > There is a reason they look differently. Even compare a newer champ, like Neeko's, to a champ from Wild Rift. > > > PC champs faces dont move, they have less showy features and animations, they're less flashy, straight up booting models from wild rift into summoners rift would look out of place. I do think they could use the models for a potential VO (not for all the champs, but a few), but they would have to change a lot of signifigant things, and if you've ever made a model from scratch you would know how hard it is to change things like that. Maybe Riot will give updates to some of the champs with older animations (old recalls expecially, pls fix rito), but not just straight up porting those WR models. I mean that is under the assumption that the teams would not have the original high fidelity models that they could give to the PC team, letting them optimize it for league PC. Fact of the matter is, it looks pretty freaking bad when a Mobile game is showing higher quality models then your dedicated PC game. Plus you say it will look out of place, but like, the super obviously old models already look out of place in league, and at this point riot has no excuse, their refusal to do just general VU is already kinda bad, now that they have another game walking in showing that high quality models exist in some form, well its gonna put some pressure on Riot to actually do a visual pass at this point. Instead of waiting or being like "well since your champion has a healthy kit you don't get to not have a Triangle walking around with 2 voicelines,sorry"
: > [{quoted}](name=BladeSingularity,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bMZiuiap,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-10-23T17:08:35.411+0000) > > Let me clarify on that - they are not drifting. If anything, Rakan's feelings for Xayah seem stronger - he is quite literally willing to die for her, or become a shadow of himself to purify her. Xayah still cares about him, but she's too focused on her grudge against the Star Guardians and her missions to stop and actually show that. I understand that but they're still not working necessarily in sync. They're not hearing each other and each other's concerns. Xayah isn't hearing the amount of love that Rakan has for her and isn't hearing the position he is in; she's blinded to the fact that her love is dying and isn't hearing what he's saying. Xayah is not hearing him. It makes sense, symbolically, that in game they couldn't hear each other and aren't bantering or having cutesie couple talks. This is a very different Xayah and Rakan from the base versions of them.
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bMZiuiap,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-10-23T17:47:51.829+0000) > > I understand that but they're still not working necessarily in sync. They're not hearing each other and each other's concerns. Xayah isn't hearing the amount of love that Rakan has for her and isn't hearing the position he is in; she's blinded to the fact that her love is dying and isn't hearing what he's saying. Xayah is not hearing him. It makes sense, symbolically, that in game they couldn't hear each other and aren't bantering or having cutesie couple talks. This is a very different Xayah and Rakan from the base versions of them. I mean lets not pretend this is not just outright a bug, you can say what you want about lore but end of the day, they are legendary skins with 2 characters that are know for interconnected interactions, plus the fact a metric crap ton of other stuff is bugged on them, they are bugged, but since they already stole our money its low priority to fix.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zQGgy3rv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-23T18:47:43.832+0000) > > Item removals > Zz’rot Portal > This item has led to split push strategies that don’t involve enough champion interaction. We may revisit this type of strategic item in the future, but it would require more risk for the champion user to apply tower pressure. What a shit company, "zzrot needs more risk" you have too be next too a tower for the spawns too reach the tower and you have too shove the wave in yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zQGgy3rv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-23T18:59:09.358+0000) > > What a shit company, "zzrot needs more risk" you have too be next too a tower for the spawns too reach the tower and you have too shove the wave in yourself. Yeah gotta admit, getting pretty fricking tired of this https://i.imgur.com/zJqx7cY.gif design philosophy Riot has towards obscure items.
: cuz it's what the playerbase actually wants. i mean the real playerbase not the boards ofc. the ekko skin looks great, so does the senna skin, as they seem hip hop inspired its really gonna be hit or miss for the music part.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=shQs2cvN,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-10-20T15:03:39.947+0000) > > cuz it's what the playerbase actually wants. i mean the real playerbase not the boards ofc. > > the ekko skin looks great, so does the senna skin, as they seem hip hop inspired its really gonna be hit or miss for the music part. I mean i don't really think everyone, the entire league playerbase, was ravenously begging for Another Yasuo Skin this year, Another Akali skin that is super similar to a current one. So i mean sure the community wants it, good thing the league community only consists of {{champion:157}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:145}} and {{champion:99}} mains, with some rare fills of other champions, or people might start feeling a bit annoyed that the same champions are getting skins literally every 6 months and its getting a point a champion is double dipping on a skin theme within a year. Remember when we used to get annoyed at Annual skins, hahaha, if only we knew what was to come.
: "It honestly spits of Ego the type of people here who seem to claim its their ban and people need to get over it, your actively putting your team at a disadvantage because you are LITERALLY refusing to share a resource you had no intention of using, because you are so prideful you cant even put in chat 'who 2 ban?'." I find it comment hilarious. You wanna decide what someone else does and when they dont wanna do what you want to bring up ego? really? On top of that not a single person has brought up a disadvantage that occurs from NOT BANNING.
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB36GMvR,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T06:10:17.799+0000) > > "It honestly spits of Ego the type of people here who seem to claim its their ban and people need to get over it, your actively putting your team at a disadvantage because you are LITERALLY refusing to share a resource you had no intention of using, because you are so prideful you cant even put in chat 'who 2 ban?'." > > I find it comment hilarious. You wanna decide what someone else does and when they dont wanna do what you want to bring up ego? really? On top of that not a single person has brought up a disadvantage that occurs from NOT BANNING. Yes im going to bring up Ego, once again your physically putting your team at a disadvantage simply because you, and only you, have decided you don't need to remove a potential champion from the eligible roster. You have been given the ball and instead of deciding to pass it to someone else, someone who intends to kick or play off with the ball, you decide instead to walk up to your opponent, put it on the ground near him, and claim that you don't need the 'advantage' of starting with the ball. People have brought up many disadvantages, your putting your own team at a ban defecate, your allowing one more problem champion to be present in this game, your giving your opponents to opportunity to pick something powerful or strong, or pick something your team will struggle against, all because of a refusal to simply pass on your ban to someone else, to try and help your teammates, and while you can argue its available to your allies aswell, the statistical probability that your ally is going to play something, something you may of banned, is rather minute, since people tend to hover champs now to indicate their picks so that everyone knows not to ban a contested champ then. Once again your forcing your team into a disadvantage and wasting a resource because you personally dont have a champ you want to remove, or under the tiny chance you might accidentally ban a unhovered champ that your ally was maybe going to play. When in truth, you can simply ask your team if they wish to use your ban.
Salron88 (EUW)
: its like you people dont even read. if you dont want to ban a champ that counters yours becouse you are super confident in your skills then ask your team if maybe there is a particular champ that they struggle against so when banning that champion you slightly maximise the chances that the lane will do better. as to what you said i have been silver for a year before i went plat and let me tell you silver + gold they do understand the counter concepts of their main lane. and yes. i used to be a jax main and there are many champs who kill my early lane like vayne top or right now heimer with his buffs and banning them means theres less of a chance i will struggle in my lane early. being counter picked with people at the same elo as you means that you WILL struggle. that is why is called a counter pick. means his kit counters yours and the best you can do is play it safe which lowers the chances of that particular lane being a carry when all the rest is 50-50 skill wise.
> [{quoted}](name=Salron88,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB36GMvR,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-06T21:49:14.952+0000) > > its like you people dont even read. if you dont want to ban a champ that counters yours becouse you are super confident in your skills then ask your team if maybe there is a particular champ that they struggle against so when banning that champion you slightly maximise the chances that the lane will do better. > > as to what you said i have been silver for a year before i went plat and let me tell you silver + gold they do understand the counter concepts of their main lane. and yes. i used to be a jax main and there are many champs who kill my early lane like vayne top or right now heimer with his buffs and banning them means theres less of a chance i will struggle in my lane early. > being counter picked with people at the same elo as you means that you WILL struggle. that is why is called a counter pick. means his kit counters yours and the best you can do is play it safe which lowers the chances of that particular lane being a carry when all the rest is 50-50 skill wise. Honestly i always questioned people that didn't ban stuff, but man seeing them post to come out and defend it is kinda hilarious. I do agree with your point. I know you No banners are confident with your 38% Winrate Yasuo One Trick Pick and dont think you need to ban a champion but for the rest of us 'plebians' it would be nice to have a ban, considering with league in its current state there is not a lack of generalist bans anyway {{champion:53}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:517}} Just to name a few. It honestly spits of Ego the type of people here who seem to claim its their ban and people need to get over it, your actively putting your team at a disadvantage because you are LITERALLY refusing to share a resource you had no intention of using, because you are so prideful you cant even put in chat 'who 2 ban?'. Its why i feel like the 'None' ban option should be removed and instead should be replaced with 'pass on' so your unused ban goes to the person below you who gets a extra 5 or 7 seconds to select a second ban. There problem solved its no longer your ban if you have no intention of using it, you can pick your champ and deal with all its counter pick glory, while someone else gets to actually use your ban.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Alright, i can understand your point on True Damage. But it is not as widely adapted in basic champion kits, nor is it present abundantly in runes. Conqueror needs to exist simply because Juggernauts would not be able to fight each other and as we've seen before, noodle fights always occur at top lane where the champions get exceedingly tanky for their damage to do anything so they play whack-a-mole with each other and are forced to wait for ganks, because they have a passive lane. Obviously, a champion that has some kit sustain can fair better in these fights but it really sucks to slowly lose the war of attrition while your champion is built to dish out damage while the other is built to take it and soften the blows. There are a number of champions that have some form of True Damage available in their kits but they have conditions in order to trigger it. If it was, we'd pretty much see most of them being played consistently. Conqueror is not a thing for ranged champions and Riot made sure it stays that way because they're not meant to abuse it. Secondly, how far do we go to counter the physical and magic damage? Do we make it a 1:1 ratio? And by that i mean that if a Marksman gets Infinity Edge, you immediately counter with a Randuin's rush and get to keep the status quo? They rely heavily on AS so you opt in for Thornmail and they end up killing themselves by trying to hit you? A mage gets a Luden's so you buy Adaptive Helmet and call it a day? If we do that, right, we ensure that these tank item purchases are good on their own but this also means that the only available targets for other damage dealers (Mages and Marksman), can only fight other Mages, Marksmen or Supports since they don't itemize against damage. We now inadvertently make bot and mid the prime lanes for ganks and we get back to the time where 5 man bot ganks were a thing. --- If i were to make changes, i would look at Lethality and Mpen. These items already amplify the damage you deal by taking away flat resistances and it makes no sense that the items they are attached to, offer big damage numbers too. Lethality items get you 55 extra damage so i'd probably nerf that by 5 or 10 and see how that goes. Same goes for Mpen. Magic Resist mostly doesn't scale with levels, which is the reason why there's only 33 flat mpen from items. If you count Sudden Impact, 39. However, base MR for squishies is ~30 (32.4) so that's essentially close to true damage or gives magic damage amp if it's a negative value. So i'd also take away -10 AP from Morello as a start (the only mpen item, aside from Sorcerer's Boots). If this went well, i'd probably start tuning raw AD items for the same amount (-5 or -10 damage) and see where this leads to.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p8gqm5FU,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T12:32:41.895+0000) > > There are a number of champions that have some form of True Damage available in their kits but they have conditions in order to trigger it. If it was, we'd pretty much see most of them being played consistently. Conqueror is not a thing for ranged champions and Riot made sure it stays that way because they're not meant to abuse it. > > Secondly, how far do we go to counter the physical and magic damage? > Do we make it a 1:1 ratio? And by that i mean that if a Marksman gets Infinity Edge, you immediately counter with a Randuin's rush and get to keep the status quo? They rely heavily on AS so you opt in for Thornmail and they end up killing themselves by trying to hit you? A mage gets a Luden's so you buy Adaptive Helmet and call it a day? > > If we do that, right, we ensure that these tank item purchases are good on their own but this also means that the only available targets for other damage dealers (Mages and Marksman), can only fight other Mages, Marksmen or Supports since they don't itemize against damage. We now inadvertently make bot and mid the prime lanes for ganks and we get back to the time where 5 man bot ganks were a thing. > --- > If i were to make changes, i would look at Lethality and Mpen. > These items already amplify the damage you deal by taking away flat resistances and it makes no sense that the items they are attached to, offer big damage numbers too. Lethality items get you 55 extra damage so i'd probably nerf that by 5 or 10 and see how that goes. Same goes for Mpen. Magic Resist mostly doesn't scale with levels, which is the reason why there's only 33 flat mpen from items. If you count Sudden Impact, 39. However, base MR for squishies is ~30 (32.4) so that's essentially close to true damage or gives magic damage amp if it's a negative value. So i'd also take away -10 AP from Morello as a start (the only mpen item, aside from Sorcerer's Boots). > > If this went well, i'd probably start tuning raw AD items for the same amount (-5 or -10 damage) and see where this leads to. Naturally yes their is degrees to everything and its a balancing act. I would even argue that perhaps they should go 1 to 1 in regards to AD damage vs defense so that yes if im keeping up items with champions in the game i should be matching MOST of their core damage with equal defense. Considering the fact that as i tank i have to commit to buying both Magic and Armour at any given time to deal with their team. Again if a Tank is unable to actually reasonably sit in the front line during a fight, then what is the purpose of a tank. That is the current issue right now, its more effective to build bruiser as Tanks then to build full tank, because being the frontline and tanking is a fools errand and its better to simply crash into their squishes like the rest of the team and take them out, because as said Riot has very methodically been shifting most true tanks into juggernauts. You say that a issue arises where damage dealers are only able to target damage dealers but is that really a issue, is it really that bad to have the idea that you cant take out the tank without a continuous effort from the team to focus them down. Is it really that bad that high threat targets like bot and Mid are gank targets. Its not like the other top line classes really vanish with this, Tanks would then just be one of many classes present top then alongside fighters,Bruisers and so on so pressure would still be present from topside if they chose not to go tanks.Plus Its not like 5 man ganks bot vanished because Tanks turned into damage dealers, they vanished because Turret plating stifles and chokes out any topside roams in fear of your tower getting demolished. As mentioned their are degrees but it feels like currently Riot is so terrified of having a juggernaut meta that they are actively making sure that Tanks can never ever Tank correctly and its causing more sweeping issues (IE why play Bruisers when Tanks Tank up more naturally while dealing the same damage, or it shifts to why play Tanks when Bruisers Tank up just as much but deal damage). While i think that Lethality and MPen should be looked at i feel like there needs to be a greater look at Tank dynamics, because for now, there are no tanks, only Juggernauts and Tankier Juggernauts with the rare citing of a true Tank bot, a truly great specie- and hes dead. Poor thing, despite Deadmands,Randuins,Warmogs and Sunfire they still got melted by that poor Vayne engage. My own suggestions would be as followed, Get rid of Tanks doing stupid amounts of chunking damage (None of this Lethality Sion doing 3/4 a squishys healthbar with his Q, none of this BC Garen QE and ulting to kill a adc from full health, none of Malphite R getting a Penta on a half health team while building full armour), focus back on their resists and actually frontlining in teamfights. Tanks 'damage' should come from a continuous and slow amount of DPS, the idea being that a Tank over time can kill a squishy target, but it takes time, it takes the squishy allowing the tank to sit on them or to be super low, that way Tanks still retain a threat in teamfights and the notion of ignoring the tank is not always viable. Basically Tanks should be a walking DOT almost, its not gonna kill you fast, but it is gonna kill you if you ignore it for 2 minutes in a teamfight. As such if ADCS or other classes want to personally deal with Tanks its going to take them time and require them to commit to building penetration, OR its going to require a full team turning on the tank and focusing most of their Damage into it. Maybe even play with the idea that Bruisers or fellow Tanks are the counter to Tanks and have a degree of built in % penetration that means they can deal more significant damage to tanks to help set up the team to finish them off. The % aspect meaning that this is no where near as effective to squishy targets. I just want dedicated Tanks to go back to tanking, i want to feel like im a strong frontline if a build full tank without being forced to go Rammus or Malphite just to stack my armour high enough to not get nuked. I want bruisers to have their identity back, not just be be playing second fiddle to Tanks one patch, and making the Tanks redundant the next patch. I aplogise in advance if half of this sounds nonsensical, its late here and im half asleep.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Point 1, there are only 4 hooks in the game. Thresh, Blitz, Pyke, Nautilus. Manipulating enemy champion positioning is also a valuable mechanic to play around with and making it not exceed Darius' range? What? Making champions that have to dance around a juggernaut's range? Are you insane? Maybe we can also make everyone melee too since range can also be the deciding factor in terms of engagement. Point 2, you're supposed to have options in countering defense, no matter the damage type. You can't just auto-tank your way to victory and have no way of stopping the unstoppable force in the making, if the game drags on to their core builds to perfectly solidify their defense. People are not properly itemizing against physical damage, i rarely see Thornmail being built or Randuin's against a core Marksman team comps. Point 3, there's no need to buff tank defense and also nerf the damage. Do i think damage overall needs to be reduced? Maybe. Point 4, are you saying that Riot putting first turret armor and reducing team gold didn't help, despite these changes being exactly what was asked of Riot at that point in time? I'm sorry but the laning phase isn't supposed to last for 30 minutes and the games shouldn't end in 60 minutes on average. If there's a clear team or champion that's ahead, this should be a known, visible and inpactful fact in the game so that everyone knows where they stand. If one team is clearly ahead, the game should end sooner rather than later and not drag along and still not have a win condition for the losing team that's being led to believe that there is a chance for a comeback, only to waste another 15 minutes and lose anyway.
Point 2, The issue is that those items are not really that effective stat wise, so many champions have built in penetration or innate true damage that they end up not that effective. I understand having options to counter defense but at the end of the day if your a Tank committing to building full Armour and health, you should not be getting destroyed by a ADC who built a LD and just has built in true damage. Thats always been the issue now, it feel like for every offensive items tanks have to build 2 defensive ones to counter it. True Tanks sacrifice damage and often get inconsistent payoffs because of the amount of passive penetrations of both AP and AD that now exists. Really it ends up coming back the issue that tanks never got their power curve adjusted when game lengths were shortened, while other classes hit the damage spikes sooner Riot decided that Tanks tanking up faster was not fun, so they shifted it so that Tanks get damage faster instead and just turned them into juggernauts. Point 4, They put in First Turret Armour to quell laneswapping and then introduced Turret plating afterwards which basically undid any of the anti snowball that first turret armour created. The issue with that is it does not factor in late game team comps or champs that have a stronger teamfight instead of laning. One team is clearly ahead should not be meaning that your screwed if your not a strong lane champ, or your screwed if you get ganked top and lose your platings and 2 towers to a rift herald. The threshold for snowballing is ludicrously low for some champs and lanes now and its quite literally meaning that one Gank or death can cost you your lane within 10 minutes of the game starting. But ultimately people can complain, but it wont change, this is not a meta or a season thing, this is the game now, Riot wanted their marketable E Sports and Net Cafe Enabled 30 minute game for the Asian Audience and has had no grievances killing the game many older players loved in the process. The Snowball wont stop, the damage creep wont stop, Tanks wont tank anymore, anything and everything that will slow games will get removed or changed its all about fast and exciting now.
: They just need to find a better way to make his ult less cancer lol its too good
> [{quoted}](name=BrightWîngs,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xKuJEYGB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-29T19:28:47.270+0000) > > They just need to find a better way to make his ult less cancer lol its too good Jeez the no restrictions chain Ult Execute with a literal mark on people healthbar to tell them, that also gives his team full kill gold and himself the equivalent of double kill gold for pressing R to last hit a target. I cant possibly imagine what they could remove from that /s His issue is not just his ult though, his issue is he is so unironically stupid proof and to fail with him literally requires you to make like 4 huge mistakes in a row to even be in danger. He is quite literally low Risk High Reward in every sense of the word.
: Not to mention that hes a manaless reatore champ who bullies you out of lane then proceedes to stay in lane like a greedy fuck gwtting more gold and experience so if he is ahead he snowballs harder than a draven who was spoon-fed a pentakill at the start of the game. Its not fun to play aginst its just a slow clicking clock of when will this guy who has infinite sustain take every single turret between him and my nexus.
> [{quoted}](name=SosGrohiik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ln5KXEKb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-28T16:30:27.391+0000) > > Not to mention that hes a manaless reatore champ who bullies you out of lane then proceedes to stay in lane like a greedy fuck gwtting more gold and experience so if he is ahead he snowballs harder than a draven who was spoon-fed a pentakill at the start of the game. Its not fun to play aginst its just a slow clicking clock of when will this guy who has infinite sustain take every single turret between him and my nexus. Yeah this is why i tend to ban him, no other champ makes me feel as powerless as a Trynd, He gets ahead he is a unstoppable split pusher who can take all your towers, kill you and the jungler or just run away without any issue. You somehow force him to be behind he is still a heavy split pusher, who can escape most of your collapses and will simply farm up if you as the top laner dare to even leave lane. He is a constant pest no matter what state your lane is in and often forces you to always have to remain top because of him. Its like all the splitpushing annoyance of Nasus, except he can escape.
Profirix (NA)
: Galio and Aurelion Sol are workable. It is clear that Riot's sole intention with Kench is to make him disappear. Maybe they will rework him in the pre-season...unlikely but the fact of the matter is that no one plays Tahm Kench anymore except in pro play. Pro play makes Riot money and Tahm Kench slows the pace of the game down by averting risk. Riot can't have that. There is no great loss caused by stomping the champion into the ground.
> [{quoted}](name=Profirix,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=xPe30aij,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-09-24T18:59:54.600+0000) > > Galio and Aurelion Sol are workable. It is clear that Riot's sole intention with Kench is to make him disappear. Maybe they will rework him in the pre-season...unlikely but the fact of the matter is that no one plays Tahm Kench anymore except in pro play. Pro play makes Riot money and Tahm Kench slows the pace of the game down by averting risk. Riot can't have that. There is no great loss caused by stomping the champion into the ground. Pretty much, if people want to see Riots unrelenting march towards fast,exciting and marketable games look no further then what they did to the one champion who could still slow down the game. First they shifted tanks into juggernauts, then they shifted Tahm into a lane no one wanted, then under the guise of helping top they gutted him, they cant remove him from the game but they are doing the next thing, i dont think i have ever seen a champ so gutted before.
: I mean there's definitely a state where tanks aren't running wild AND damage is toned down (Especially from mages, and I swear it's just Void Staff I'd want changed to give a bit less % pen), there's got to be a happy medium right? surely? There is still counter play in the game, almost every Morgana game I play there's at least three interactions where I can save my ADC with a reaction-E, or I play a tank and I peel for my ADC so they can keep dps up I have to admit though, new runes did add a lot of ambient damage so that kills happened more often. All ins that would leave you at 200-300hp before now tend to kill you because there always seems to be a way to deal that extra bit of damage, even if the person killing you isn't fed. They will have another sheen/ludens/duskblade proc, another cooldown thanks to many sources of CDR that they would not have had before etc.
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHeFMl0J,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-09-24T21:02:09.813+0000) > > I mean there's definitely a state where tanks aren't running wild AND damage is toned down (Especially from mages, and I swear it's just Void Staff I'd want changed to give a bit less % pen), there's got to be a happy medium right? surely? > > There is still counter play in the game, almost every Morgana game I play there's at least three interactions where I can save my ADC with a reaction-E, or I play a tank and I peel for my ADC so they can keep dps up > > I have to admit though, new runes did add a lot of ambient damage so that kills happened more often. All ins that would leave you at 200-300hp before now tend to kill you because there always seems to be a way to deal that extra bit of damage, even if the person killing you isn't fed. They will have another sheen/ludens/duskblade proc, another cooldown thanks to many sources of CDR that they would not have had before etc. The issues seems to be that while you can Frontline or Peel for your ADC is almost more effective to just fight and go in yourself. Since so many things are able to bypass dive or get squishes without much reaction time, your more of a threat by being the person chunking their adc then you are trying to defend your own I mentioned this in another thread so ill just paste it here, it talks about the issue of Frontline tanks not really existing as much but it also somewhat applies to the idea of peeling as tanks aswell. "Frontline isn't really a thing anymore, ever since Runes Reforged Tanks have been in a precarious position, while a huge amount of new damage runes came into the game very little true defensive runes were introduced, Tanks have rather distinctly become less about being frontline disruption and have basically just turned into bruisers 2.0 just being a slightly more tanky class that is still able to two shot adcs or other squishies. So really more times then not Tanks are just jumping in chasing down whatever squishy is close and backing out with the team, because for the last 4 seasons or so Riot has been shifting Tanks away from frontline stuff to just being another Fighter class. So you CAN frontline if your ahead, have a item lead, pray none of their team have % health or built in penetration and hope none of them have a way to jump right past you and two shot your squishy teammates, or you can charge in yourself, chunk their own squishes and force there team to address you because 'hey that tank is doing as much damage as a fighter' so they cant physically attack the rest of your team. Most of the Tanks have just been converted to juggernauts at this point so the traditional frontline protecting squishies has been swapped out for the full team dives because its more 'exciting' or something."
: Are you unironically trying to convince me Glacial + {{champion:22}} is actually strong? Because her passive is nearly the same and it's a huge waste of a rune. Edit: OK IT WAS 3 AM WHEN I READ THIS, I NOW SEE MY MISTAKES
> [{quoted}](name=IronyAndSublime,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=1iOWMUyd,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-22T23:55:01.239+0000) > > Are you unironically trying to convince me Glacial + {{champion:22}} is actually strong? Because her passive is nearly the same and it's a huge waste of a rune. Look at the thread section.
: > [{quoted}](name=Troll Slaiyer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1zIKEB3r,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-20T23:45:59.334+0000) > > before {{champion:517}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:246}} ahhh.............. There's still long team fights even with these champs in the game. Honestly, fact checking the boards on stupid shit is more cancer than what the boards claim these champions they hate cause. Just because no one likes playing front line in solo queue doesn't mean the game's balance doesn't allow for drawn out team fights.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1zIKEB3r,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-09-21T00:32:00.320+0000) > > There's still long team fights even with these champs in the game. > > Honestly, fact checking the boards on stupid shit is more cancer than what the boards claim these champions they hate cause. Just because no one likes playing front line in solo queue doesn't mean the game's balance doesn't allow for drawn out team fights. Frontline isn't really a thing anymore, ever since Runes Reforged Tanks have been in a precarious position while a huge amount of new damage runes came into the game very little true defensive runes were introduced, Tanks have rather distinctly become less about being frontline disruption and have basically just turned into bruisers 2.0 just being a slightly more tanky class that is still able to two shot adcs or other squishies. So really more times then not Tanks are just jumping in chasing down whatever squishy is close and backing out with the team, because for the last 4 seasons or so Riot has been shifting Tanks away from frontline stuff to just being another Fighter class. So you CAN frontline if your ahead, have a item lead, pray none of their team have % health or built in penetration and hope none of them have a way to jump right past you and two shot your squishy teammates, or you can charge in yourself, chunk their own squishes and force there team to address you because 'hey that tank is doing as much damage as a fighter' so they cant physically attack the rest of your team. Most of the Tanks have just been converted to juggernauts at this point so the traditional frontline protecting squishies has been swapped out for the full team dives because its more 'exciting' or something.
: good point! I have recently experienced this with star guardians
> [{quoted}](name=SlobberyBeast,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=r2wfHfri,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T01:13:45.057+0000) > > good point! I have recently experienced this with star guardians Still waiting on someone to pick Xayah so that i can actually use SG Rakan in tandem or vice versa.
iiGazeii (NA)
: {{champion:164}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:254}} Would make for some fun Star Guardians.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PxfitEQg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:50:07.750+0000) > > {{champion:164}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:254}} > > Would make for some fun Star Guardians. I have always liked the idea of Illaio and Taric being released alongside First Star Asol acting as his two Sentinel Guards, two Star Guardians tasked with protecting the First Star's vessel. Perhaps their designs are somewhat more regal and armored looking to indicate they are a more cosmic rank in comparison to the others. I also liked the idea of Gnar, being that he was the Familiar of a Star Guardian that had been corrupted, but he was sent away during the fight, so unlike his owner he was only partially corrupted (Justifying his whole transformation thing).So he starts out like the other familiars, maybe with some slight corruption elements on him but then he transforms into a design similar to those void monsters in the PVE event.
: > [{quoted}](name=Syrile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ARTEbZ1E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-05T16:18:38.059+0000) > > Which of those champions does damage like Pyke does, while having stealth, scaling on Lethality of all things? and having an outright execute that is resettable and gives not only extra gold, but even boosts the gold beyond 2 kills per kill? Can Pyke provide his allies with extra armor? Can he heal them? Can he gain extra MR/armor even for himself? Can he dash an ally to him? Can he intercept projectiles? Different champions are different. That heal is what Pyke needs to not be instantly shoved out of lane every time he shows up. The point of the Lethality scaling is to stop him from building armor/MR, the resetting execute is a skillshot, and the gold is intended to allow him to take kills without putting the carry behind (although the number probably still needs tweaking). All of these are separate issues from the one at hand, though.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ARTEbZ1E,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T16:24:07.247+0000) > > Can Pyke provide his allies with extra armor? Can he heal them? Can he gain extra MR/armor even for himself? Can he dash an ally to him? Can he intercept projectiles? > > Different champions are different. That heal is what Pyke needs to not be instantly shoved out of lane every time he shows up. > > The point of the Lethality scaling is to stop him from building armor/MR, the resetting execute is a skillshot, and the gold is intended to allow him to take kills without putting the carry behind (although the number probably still needs tweaking). All of these are separate issues from the one at hand, though. I mean every other support, literally every other support survives on a assist budget in the first place, is the fact Pyke gets not only kill gold himself but kill gold for his ally not strong enough by itself, the fact he gets another cut of his own kill gold for doing something every other champ does seems a bit asinine. Like he literally gets Double kill gold for ulting a target, okay, so where is my double kill gold for ult killing as Lux,or Brand or whatever other mage disguised as a support is going bot. Remember when TF got his gold passive changed because he was giving too much global gold, ahh how times have changed. On topic though, point is maybe Pyke should be poked harassed or punished for not being careful, considering the ludicrous Gold power his ult has for himself and his team, ontop his own strengths with his hook and his dash which stuns ontop of the fact the assassin items are kinda on the cheaper end. Seems crazy but maybe Pyke should have a weakness that is not just some vague cant build X stat that does not matter because his base armour is so high and its never a stat pyke intends to build anyway (Man i sure am glad i can build that health on Zed huh, really need that). The Problem is Pyke does not seem to have a tangible weakness that does not literally rely on the Pyke falling through his 3 safety blankets before you can be proactive.
: > [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T05:36:28.869+0000) > > ...... Im sorry dude im know im being kinda a dick but like come on man, either your so hellbent on your own mental narrative that your not seeing what im saying, or you are still outright not reading it, I mentioned it before, but seriously it feels like you people see my post as this > > > https://i.imgur.com/bIKINe5.png[/img] > > > But fine, instead of just saying you should read the post again i will elaborate instead, note the bolded words, they are somewhat important. > > > "Does Riot buff champs that _**could be stronger**_ to coincide with skin releases, _**sometimes**_ pushing them into a OP state > > Certainly" > > > You keep flying off the handle at me claiming that im completely disproven because all those champions deserved a buff, despite the fact that if you read my post you would notice that saying those champions need buffs proves exactly what i was saying, as the bolded stuff establishes my POINT, is that Riot BUFFS UNDERPERFORMING or COULD BE STRONGER (Translation: Champions that could use buffs) champs to coincide with skin releases and that SOMETIMES, key word SOMETIMES, its pushed the champs into a overpowered state. Guy I CAN SEE PAST POSTS SO STOP MAKING SHIT UP. Here is the what I said. "Where has riot buffed a champion to make them broken FOR A SKIN WHERE???" I NEVER SAID ALWAYS AND I NEVER SAID A STRONG CHAMPION. All I said was when did riot buff a champion making them broken for a skin. You have not shown any proof. Riot doesn't buff champions for skins that is a fact and the proof is that champions that are not popular get nerfed when they have a skin coming up, xayah and rammus are both good examples of this. You didn't see ivern or sol getting buffs when they had skins coming.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T12:09:38.293+0000) > > Guy I CAN SEE PAST POSTS SO STOP MAKING SHIT UP. > > Here is the what I said. "Where has riot buffed a champion to make them broken FOR A SKIN WHERE???" > > I NEVER SAID ALWAYS AND I NEVER SAID A STRONG CHAMPION. All I said was when did riot buff a champion making them broken for a skin. > > You have not shown any proof. Riot doesn't buff champions for skins that is a fact and the proof is that champions that are not popular get nerfed when they have a skin coming up, xayah and rammus are both good examples of this. You didn't see ivern or sol getting buffs when they had skins coming. i never said Riot doesn't nerf strong champions near skin releases, so once again, stop putting words in my mouth. Project Pyke coincided with Your Cut buffs he got about a patch later, Firecracker Vayne got her Ult Buff with her Tumble a patch before her skin came out, despite the fact she was doing quite well already and many say it pushed her over the top. There are cases, its not hyper common of course, Riot is at least competent enough at that, but again it does sometimes occur. Plus yes not every skin or champ ever gets buffs for the skin, but lets be real, do filler champs really count, Riot is not exactly banking on Asol or Rammus Skins and seems to just drop their skins to appease the players, plus the fact that Asol seems to be less weak and more just unplayed. There is of course many nuisances to the whole situation aswell, Riot is not going to buff champs they dont want to see, or buff champs with low enough play rates that making them stronger wont really give a kick up of skin sales(IE your Yoricks,Your Asols ect), and of course Riot does not buff the champs in the same patch, its usually a gap of 3 patches at most between the champ buff and the skin release. Granted On that Note, Rammus's latest non-Hextech exclusive skin, Sweeper Rammus Patch 8.12, Rammus Received a Armour buff in 8.9. This was never some big Anti Riot sentiment thing, its literally just smart business, push up the champs that could uses changes when they have a skin being released on a champ that sells well enough already. This was never a case of Riot only ever buffs for skins, its more a case if Riot is already intending to buff these champs, they will synchronize the changes with any skins the champ is getting soon, its literally a win win situation.
: > [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T03:55:32.397+0000) > > Honestly i do enjoy this, its like people read the first line and everything becomes a blur afterwards. Dont really know why i bother, honestly i give the reddit a hard time but at least they seem to read posts before responding. > > > Did i say Riot Buffs OP champs for Skins? > > Did i say Riot Breaks champs with Skin buffs constantly > > Did i say Riot without fail makes Champs OP with Skin buffs. > > > Sorry im being somewhat brief, im just feeling a little ill, i think i over ate a bit, having to swallow all the words your putting in my mouth afterall. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Ummmm so you didn't read your own post got it. "Does Riot buff champs that could be stronger to coincide with skin releases, sometimes pushing them into a OP state Certainly" Like the ONLY interpretation of that is riot buffs champions to be op for skins that it. If you think it means something else you need help with your english. Like you have no argument. Nothing you said makes sense all those buffs make sense. Like everything champion you listed needed a buff.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T11:49:09.443+0000) > > Ummmm so you didn't read your own post got it. > "Does Riot buff champs that could be stronger to coincide with skin releases, sometimes pushing them into a OP state > > Certainly" > > Like the ONLY interpretation of that is riot buffs champions to be op for skins that it. If you think it means something else you need help with your english. > > > Like you have no argument. Nothing you said makes sense all those buffs make sense. Like everything champion you listed needed a buff. ...... Im sorry dude im know im being kinda a dick but like come on man, either your so hellbent on your own mental narrative that your not seeing what im saying, or you are still outright not reading it, I mentioned it before, but seriously it feels like you people see my post as this https://i.imgur.com/bIKINe5.png[/img] But fine, instead of just saying you should read the post again i will elaborate instead, note the bolded words, they are somewhat important. "Does Riot buff champs that _**could be stronger**_ to coincide with skin releases, _**sometimes**_ pushing them into a OP state Certainly" You keep flying off the handle at me claiming that im completely disproven because all those champions deserved a buff, despite the fact that if you read my post you would notice that saying those champions need buffs proves exactly what i was saying, as the bolded stuff establishes my POINT, is that Riot BUFFS UNDERPERFORMING or COULD BE STRONGER (Translation: Champions that could use buffs) champs to coincide with skin releases and that SOMETIMES, key word SOMETIMES, its pushed the champs into a overpowered state.
: > Zoe is receiving Buffs right when her upcoming Star Guardian Skin is being released. I'd just like to say two things on this topic: Firstly, Xayah is also getting a Star Guardian skin and is receiving a nerf in the same patch. That's one for both sides. Considering Xayah is getting the higher-valued skin, that makes the model fit even less. Secondly, Zoe's "buff" is 6 more damage on her passive. That's it. Almost imperceptible. They didn't seize an opportunity to make Zoe all-powerful and have the meta revolve around her in preparation for her Star Guardian skin release. They simply gave her an adjustment almost as unnoticeable as, say, a difference of 5 movement speed. In the end, whether a Champion gets buffed or nerfed for skin is purely coincidental. There are examples of both, and often a Champion gets a skin and is otherwise unchanged.
> [{quoted}](name=Everyday Legends,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T06:29:57.240+0000) > > I'd just like to say two things on this topic: > > Firstly, Xayah is also getting a Star Guardian skin and is receiving a nerf in the same patch. That's one for both sides. Considering Xayah is getting the higher-valued skin, that makes the model fit even less. > > Secondly, Zoe's "buff" is 6 more damage on her passive. That's it. Almost imperceptible. They didn't seize an opportunity to make Zoe all-powerful and have the meta revolve around her in preparation for her Star Guardian skin release. They simply gave her an adjustment almost as unnoticeable as, say, a difference of 5 movement speed. > > > In the end, whether a Champion gets buffed or nerfed for skin is purely coincidental. There are examples of both, and often a Champion gets a skin and is otherwise unchanged. I will say it kinder words then what i said to the person above, please actually read what i say, don't just latch onto Zoe, Buff, Skin and formulate your post around it. Im getting rather weary of trying to present my point and literally constantly seeing people conflating my argument to 'Champ strong, get buff, get skin' instead of actually looking at what im saying.
Porglit (NA)
: There are already item drop changes coming, which are live on PBE. Just be patient before raging hardcore.
> [{quoted}](name=Porglit,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=Gb3sHbck,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-03T19:31:15.106+0000) > > There are already item drop changes coming, which are live on PBE. Just be patient before raging hardcore. I mean do they address Item Quantity, not really, Riots has made it fairly clear they are doubling down on the idea of uneven items to make it less 'stale' itemization (Translation: If we equalize items drops people might start really realizing that our Item system is about as shallow as a small puddle and that there is like 4 strong items you build EVERY match and it takes too much effort to address weaker items, so we will just obscure the issue behind RNG.). In fact in general 'we have RNG' seems to be the only thing that is making Teamfight not a complete rip off of better autochess games and it seems like half the stuff people request are changed are not done because if they do tweak stuff then they start being less unique, of course not realizing the reason stuff like Uneven RNG and what not is not present in other Autochess games is because NO ONE LIKES IT and its bad design.
: > [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T01:05:12.168+0000) > > Nocturn,Galio,Ahri and Shen all received buffs 1 to 3 patches before their skin release, Riven is looking into buffs with a confirmed Worlds Skin in the works for her, Zoe is receiving Buffs right when her upcoming Star Guardian Skin is being released. Does Riot buff champions exclusively based on skin sales.... > > > No > > > Does Riot buff champs that could be stronger to coincide with skin releases, sometimes pushing them into a OP state > > Certainly > > Is Riot Intentionally slow on nerfing champions that happen to sell some nice skins for them or who have a community personality that is more susceptible to buying skins. > > Most Likely. Wow no real arguments great to know. I CAN LIST MORE NERFS THEN BUFFS TO CHAMPIONS NEAR SKIN RELEASES and also ALL THOSE CHAMPIONS WERE NOT GOOD and arhi has basically gone unchanged all season other this a buff that made sense and was with a number of changes that had to do with counters. Zoe can use buffs and champions like zoe ARE ALWAYS BUFFS NEAR WORLDS since it is for pros and to increase champions pools. Where has riot buffed a champion to make them broken FOR A SKIN WHERE??? Like again xayah is getting a 20 dollar skin and is getting Nerfed.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T01:37:31.970+0000) > > Wow no real arguments great to know. I CAN LIST MORE NERFS THEN BUFFS TO CHAMPIONS NEAR SKIN RELEASES and also ALL THOSE CHAMPIONS WERE NOT GOOD and arhi has basically gone unchanged all season other this a buff that made sense and was with a number of changes that had to do with counters. > > Zoe can use buffs and champions like zoe ARE ALWAYS BUFFS NEAR WORLDS since it is for pros and to increase champions pools. > > Where has riot buffed a champion to make them broken FOR A SKIN WHERE??? > > Like again xayah is getting a 20 dollar skin and is getting Nerfed. Honestly i do enjoy this, its like people read the first line and everything becomes a blur afterwards. Dont really know why i bother, honestly i give the reddit a hard time but at least they seem to read posts before responding. Did i say Riot Buffs OP champs for Skins? Did i say Riot Breaks champs with Skin buffs constantly Did i say Riot without fail makes Champs OP with Skin buffs. Sorry im being somewhat brief, im just feeling a little ill, i think i over ate a bit, having to swallow all the words your putting in my mouth afterall. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Don't Annie and Ms. Fortune have the most skins? And aren't they both considered trash right now?
> [{quoted}](name=Ionian Vulpix,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-04T01:10:59.708+0000) > > Don't Annie and Ms. Fortune have the most skins? And aren't they both considered trash right now? And if the leaks are to be true MF is getting a skin before the year is out, so expect her to be buffed before that point. Annie is somewhat weird, she is never strong but she is popular because she is easier to play, and since she was one of the OG champs it makes sense she passively has more skins, she has been in the eligible skin pool for far longer.
Sandixcx (NA)
: how come lux/veigar are trash and thresh is basically the best support right now
> [{quoted}](name=Azir ate my ASS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-03T23:27:24.334+0000) > > how come lux/veigar are trash and thresh is basically the best support right now I mean Lux is not really trash and neither is Veigar. With Lux her balance state does not really matter, regardless of how weak or strong she is she will sell, so Riot is slightly less concerned with buffing her because 'literally a moneybag Lux' will still make bank. Thresh seems to not get many skins because it seems like his community of players are less receptacle to skin sales in general, the type of players drawn to thresh are not the type of player personality types who cling onto spectacle and looking cool (Unlike someone like Yasuo).
: > [{quoted}](name=Tsuko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-03T22:01:38.227+0000) > > Explain to me how it's not. > > Everytime a new skin line/$20 skin, that champion just happens to get a buff the patch before it. E.G, Pyke. > > This isn't just coincidence. It really shows how much thought you put in when you use pyke as a example. Pyke got fucking nerfed pretty hard like a patch before so yeah buffing champions after being nerfed to hard is what balance is and xayah who is not super popular is getting nerfed when she is getting a 20 dollar skin, rammus got a skin and he was nerfed at start of this season. Thresh has been the best the most popular support all season and guess what no skin.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T22:12:51.190+0000) > > It really shows how much thought you put in when you use pyke as a example. > > Pyke got fucking nerfed pretty hard like a patch before so yeah buffing champions after being nerfed to hard is what balance is and xayah who is not super popular is getting nerfed when she is getting a 20 dollar skin, rammus got a skin and he was nerfed at start of this season. > > Thresh has been the best the most popular support all season and guess what no skin. Nocturn,Galio,Ahri and Shen all received buffs 1 to 3 patches before their skin release, Riven is looking into buffs with a confirmed Worlds Skin in the works for her, Zoe is receiving Buffs right when her upcoming Star Guardian Skin is being released. Does Riot buff champions exclusively based on skin sales.... No Does Riot buff champs that could be stronger to coincide with skin releases, sometimes pushing them into a OP state Certainly Is Riot Intentionally slow on nerfing champions that happen to sell some nice skins for them or who have a community personality that is more susceptible to buying skins. Most Likely.
Obiwon84 (NA)
: Wow so much dislike for capitalism and self control ... Pretty sad day ... Perhaps these people prefer a nanny state holding there hands? Riot should bring out the baby powder?
> [{quoted}](name=Obiwon84,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iGNWuQyT,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-03T23:22:38.102+0000) > > Wow so much dislike for capitalism and self control ... Pretty sad day ... Perhaps these people prefer a nanny state holding there hands? Riot should bring out the baby powder? Ahh yes in the same way people silently voting with their wallets stopped lootboxes, stopped micro-transactions, stopped over priced live services. People have to be vocal about this, apart from the fact that for every person complaining their is probably three more who blindly buy anything Riot gives out, there is also the fact that companies are rather dense. You think that if no one brought Pyke they would think "hmm maybe people expect legendary skin quality from this", no they would probably go "Okay Pyke does not sell skins well, so we will focus on our new champ" or "Project is underperforming so we will drop that skin line", Companies love to dodge the idea that blame is on them, that stuff is not selling because they are ripping people, no its always some other metric instead, because at the end of the day, if they can expend half their normal resources and still get more their half their sales then they are still making more for doing less. That is what Legendary skins are turning into, cost the same, has less. Riot cant really get away with this though because they made the mistake of creating skin guidelines, skin guidelines the community can see, skin guidlines Riot set up the expectation that they should follow.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: On the other hand, the quality of basic skins has gone significantly up these past years.
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iGNWuQyT,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-09-03T22:58:52.198+0000) > > On the other hand, the quality of basic skins has gone significantly up these past years. I mean how much of that is because of actual skin quality, and how much of that is because they specifically don't sell low price Recolours anymore.
: Rakan isnt a sexy female hyper carry why would you think he'd get buffs.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HHp8OQyA,comment-id=0000000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-31T07:22:05.959+0000) > > Rakan isnt a sexy female hyper carry why would you think he'd get buffs. Because Rakan is a relatively popular champ in pro play who is getting a legendary skin soon and who is currently being pushed out by the likes of Yuumi and Pyke doing parts of his job better. He is no Kai Sai but Riot especially wants a legendary skin to sell.
: 160 per plate if I recall correctly, so getting two already gives you more than a kill, which is pretty fucking absurd. Idk why it had to be that much of an insane value when the real purpose of plating was to stop turrets from dying faster. Just gives godlike turret destroyers like Jax and Trynd a mini bank for them to feed off of until its gone.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qXiEWGzA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-31T20:40:12.932+0000) > > 160 per plate if I recall correctly, so getting two already gives you more than a kill, which is pretty fucking absurd. Idk why it had to be that much of an insane value when the real purpose of plating was to stop turrets from dying faster. Just gives godlike turret destroyers like Jax and Trynd a mini bank for them to feed off of until its gone. I mean see that is your problem, you had the audacity to assume Riot would put anything in the game to stop snowball. Turret plating was not made to stop turrets dying faster, sure it made helped a tiny bit, but the real reason they put it in was for snowball, they wanted turrets to pay out faster and early so that champs winning would win harder. It was never intended to slow snowball, only make it more potent, that is why they give so much gold, they want the pattern of burning through first plating, getting a dragon or herald, roaming to your other lanes and finishing the match in a nice and Twitch convenient 25 minutes so they can sell those viewers on league.
: > [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=TGHqbRjE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-25T05:09:58.982+0000) > > Champs that Will probably get a SG skin if this year is anything to go off > {{champion:518}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:157}} > > We have done Biannual skins, may aswell go for TriAnnual, plus poor Riven has not even got her yearly the skin and Yauso need his second Binnaual skin aswell, Pyke got his afterall. Granted im not entirely sure about Zoe its unclear right now whether Riot is going to make another one of their Star Children to get annual skins or not. > > If i was to go with my own delusion votes for what i would want to see > {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:150}} > > Gnar himself would be less magical Girl and more like he was one of those little avatars to the SG's, have his story being his SG was killed but had sent him away at the last moment, but not before he was corrupted by those void monster things they fought and that justifies why he transforms into a monster himself. > > > Also had the idea for Higher ranked SG character, have a Avatar of the First Star {{champion:136}} who is then guarded by his Three Elite Star Guardians (Maybe Star Sentinels) {{champion:420}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:203}} , idk maybe Asol fell to earth so the three Star Sentinels have gone to the planet, blending in as they try and search for him. Star Guardian Gnar would be adorable and also the best. (Pls no Star Guardian Yasuo/Riven/Both, pls)
> [{quoted}](name=kaijukitten,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=TGHqbRjE,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T08:33:12.883+0000) > > Star Guardian Gnar would be adorable and also the best. > > (Pls no Star Guardian Yasuo/Riven/Both, pls) Welp was Right on the Zoe and Neeko front, Rakan and Xayah also got a look in so that is neat, but anything that makes Zoe more played is gonna such, and it seems Riot is not going to make normal good guy skins for Rakan and Xayah so that sucks.
xelaker (NA)
: it's 100% skin sellers get buffs lol
> [{quoted}](name=xelaker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HHp8OQyA,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-31T01:10:55.141+0000) > > it's 100% skin sellers get buffs lol Certainly, Riot does quite clearly buff underperforming or 'could be stronger' (By their own metrics) champs to link in with new skin releases. Zoe is already getting a buff because of her upcoming SG and because they were forced to hard nerf her before Pool party, i bet Rakan will see buffs aswell for his skin and Ahri,Galio,Shen and Nocturn all received buffs a few patchs before their current skins. Its just logical business really, they want to amp up and make sure the playrate is stable for a champ they are trying to sell stuff on. There is actually very few insistence of Riot outright buffing a already strong champ for a skin, but they do have a habit of buffing middle ground champs into pushing OP though, and frankly Zoe getting any buffs is terrible because that champ needs to not exist in any games if you want the enemy team to have any sort of fun, once again falling into the old CertT issue, doesn't matter how weak they are, they are still awful to fight.
: Champs I want to see getting a SG skin: {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:43}}{{champion:15}} {{champion:37}} Champs I dont want to see getting a SG skin: {{champion:350}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:67}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kumiho Ahri,realm=EUW,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=TGHqbRjE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-24T22:16:25.176+0000) > > Champs I want to see getting a SG skin: > {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:43}}{{champion:15}} {{champion:37}} > Champs I dont want to see getting a SG skin: > {{champion:350}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:67}} Champs that Will probably get a SG skin if this year is anything to go off {{champion:518}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:157}} We have done Biannual skins, may aswell go for TriAnnual, plus poor Riven has not even got her yearly the skin and Yauso need his second Binnaual skin aswell, Pyke got his afterall. Granted im not entirely sure about Zoe its unclear right now whether Riot is going to make another one of their Star Children to get annual skins or not. If i was to go with my own delusion votes for what i would want to see {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:150}} Gnar himself would be less magical Girl and more like he was one of those little avatars to the SG's, have his story being his SG was killed but had sent him away at the last moment, but not before he was corrupted by those void monster things they fought and that justifies why he transforms into a monster himself. Also had the idea for Higher ranked SG character, have a Avatar of the First Star {{champion:136}} who is then guarded by his Three Elite Star Guardians (Maybe Star Sentinels) {{champion:420}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:203}} , idk maybe Asol fell to earth so the three Star Sentinels have gone to the planet, blending in as they try and search for him.
Profirix (NA)
: Tahm Kench is probably never going to see buffs until his entire kit is reworked a few years down the road. Riot's balance team has no idea what to do with him so they decided to take him the old Evelynn/Olaf route and just gut him to the point of not being playable until they figure out what to do. He is an awful support champion with an awful win rate and has become so clunky to play now. Every time I see someone pick Tahm support I consider the game an auto-loss because it pretty much always is.
> [{quoted}](name=Profirix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EspEuXJW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-23T21:24:09.916+0000) > > Tahm Kench is probably never going to see buffs until his entire kit is reworked a few years down the road. Riot's balance team has no idea what to do with him so they decided to take him the old Evelynn/Olaf route and just gut him to the point of not being playable until they figure out what to do. > > He is an awful support champion with an awful win rate and has become so clunky to play now. Every time I see someone pick Tahm support I consider the game an auto-loss because it pretty much always is. Oh Riot knows exactly what they are doing, Tahm Kench as a support is big in proplay, while also being a big Antiplay maker that protects the adc. Riot cant have that with the game they are pushing right now, they want fast,flashy, 20 minutes pro games to sell and get people watching the pro scenes. Tahm Kench died because he Stood in the way of that, because he directly stopped the other ADC,assasin,mage,support and tank from one shotting the adc.
: Oh man another game of "Enemy Yasuo gets fed before you can even roam to stop him"
A while back they were talking about a rework for him, but they dropped it because they couldn't find a direction they like. Yasuo has many, many issues but i think the biggest one is Riot is afraid to rework him, because honestly at his Core, Yasuos popularity seems to be almost exclusively based on the fact he is a relatively stupid Proof champ. Granted many people claim that like most CertT champs they are popular because they are 'fun to play' yet when you look at it closely, its not even that, they are not fun to play, they are fun to win with. Nothing about Yasuo is that interesting, what is 'fun' is having the macro knowledge of a Rock, the reaction time of a dead cat, and still dominating your opponent because the game literally gives you a free pass. What is fun is having to do 4 times the amount of mistakes before you get punished, Doesn't matter you launched the windwall the wrong way, you can just sit in its hitbox, doesn't matter your CS is terrible, you only need 1 and a half crit items to get 100 crit, doesn't matter you constantly take poke you have a shield for that. Yasuo is ''fun'' in the same way that playing soccer is 'fun' when all your opponents are forced to only jog while your allowed to run, he is 'fun' in the same way giving your friend the broken controller in a fighting game so you can win is 'fun', and that's why Yas and many CertT champs (And Pyke) get into this state of literally being universally unhealthy while never getting reworked. Quite simply, Yasuos core appeal is that he is overloaded, that he has so many safety blankets, that you can be 30% less skilled then your opponent and the game will help you make up the difference. So they literally cant fix Yasuo's issues without very specifically removing what made him so appealing for many people to play and Riot is not willing to throw so many payers....i mean players under the bus for the sake of other people, because sure you bitch and moan about Yasuo, everyone does, but you still buy skins for your champs, yas mains still buy skins for their champs. So there is no financial incentive to ever change him. TL:DR: Yasuo wont be reworked because his popularity and appeal comes from the fact he is overloaded and has a bunch of safety blankets, fixing his issues and making him not a nightmare to fight would directly drive away a large portions of his mains who do directly play him because he allows them to be less skilled and still win. Playing Yasuo (and Many CertT champs....and Pyke) is basically the equivalent of being that kid in Tag who keeps insisting that if they are touching metal they are invincible, once you stop that kid from doing that, well he is probaly gonna stop wanting to play, especially after being able to get away with it for so long. Plus at the end of the day since the people playing Yas still buy skins and the people complaining about Yas still buy skins, then Riot seems no reason to change it. Its like Benjamin Franklin said "in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death,taxes and Yasuo"
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=LegendmakerGTX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-21T04:19:51.443+0000) > > Rito booty kissers be like "THEY WOULD HAVE TO "WORK" AND THAT WOULD BE A LOT OF EFFORT BECAUSE OF SPAGHETTI CODE". God these people are the type that doesn't think Riot should add a report after game button especially when the client suck balls and take forever to load or never load at all. Yeah League has been a successful and popular game for over a decade now. But people then when Riot changes something in a greedy way, people are like "You know it's a business right how else will Riot make money?!?" and I'm like "Idk maybe the same way they have become a billon dollar game company over the course of a decade? I think they are making *plenty* of money as is without some weird new monitization"
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-21T04:25:45.656+0000) > > Yeah League has been a successful and popular game for over a decade now. But people then when Riot changes something in a greedy way, people are like "You know it's a business right how else will Riot make money?!?" > > and I'm like "Idk maybe the same way they have become a billon dollar game company over the course of a decade? I think they are making *plenty* of money as is without some weird new monitization" Yes they may of been making Plenty of the money, but your don't understand as a corporations 'Plenty' of money is never enough, they must get ALL the money or they have failed as a company. Honestly though i mentioned it in other posts, Riot seems to be on quite a bit of financial damage control this year with how heavily they are doubling down on new monetisation methods and content, while specifically trimming the fat of any content that does not directly make them money IE Look at the sad excuse of 'Events' we have now days. Look at how TFT has killed RGM while at the same time requiring less work to maintain (New champs are not a factor to balance it) and having a monetization system shackled to it (Little Legends.). Look at how the Annual Skin rule has been completely broken for Champs that are selling well and how its being pushed to a 6 month period.
: > [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=6bBZcXjh,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-19T03:07:24.056+0000) > > Nah you have it all wrong, Riot still likes their three hit passives but their newer Design Hard On is Better or Different version of older effects. > Camile got adaptive shields because normal shields are too straight forward, Plus her hard lockdown zone The adaptive shield isn't as good as a normal shield in some situations though? In team fights especially you're only blocking one damage type meaning a well balanced team can kill Camille easily anyways, or champions who deal mixed damage like Irelia, Kayle, etc. can ignore her shield with a good chunk of their damage. > Ornn got his brittle effect, its like cc but lasts longer It empowers any CC, not just his own, or he can consume it for an empowered basic attack. Not even a new type of CC. > Zoe got sleep, because Stuns dont have the connotation of giving more free damage The sleep breaks as soon as they take damage, while you can 100-0 to someone and they can't do anything if they get chain CC'd by stuns, knockups, fears, etc. It's better in coordinated play and isn't even the same as a stun.
> [{quoted}](name=Meme God Shrek,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=6bBZcXjh,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-08-21T01:31:19.306+0000) > > The adaptive shield isn't as good as a normal shield in some situations though? In team fights especially you're only blocking one damage type meaning a well balanced team can kill Camille easily anyways, or champions who deal mixed damage like Irelia, Kayle, etc. can ignore her shield with a good chunk of their damage. > > It empowers any CC, not just his own, or he can consume it for an empowered basic attack. Not even a new type of CC. > > The sleep breaks as soon as they take damage, while you can 100-0 to someone and they can't do anything if they get chain CC'd by stuns, knockups, fears, etc. It's better in coordinated play and isn't even the same as a stun. Note my Keyword of Better or Different Versions of old effects. So its not always a upgrade, its often times complication for the sake of complication. Besides doesn't really matter if you get awaken from the sleep when Zoe can nuke your Healthbar before that point. My point with Sleep is it exists because as mentioned normal cc does not have the connotation of also making you take more true damage, sleep does. Sleep exists because people would call out a Stun that lets the attacker deal more true damage, while you hide it behind a new status effect, it turns less heads. Brittle yes is its own effect, but again its still basically a effect designed to be a CC++ since its meant to be used to make other CC objectively stronger. Oh crap i also completely forgot about the bigger one Obscured: literally Truer Stealth designed to trump True sight because if they can see you, you might actually have to play a tiny bit smart.
: What will Fiddle's 3-hits passive be?
Nah you have it all wrong, Riot still likes their three hit passives but their newer Design Hard On is Better or Different version of older effects. Camile got adaptive shields because normal shields are too straight forward, Plus her hard lockdown zone Ornn got his brittle effect, its like cc but lasts longer Zoe got sleep, because Stuns dont have the connotation of giving more free damage Nunu got Snowbound, because just being stun means you cant slap AOE magic damage on it without having to make it a new effect. and Morde has Death Realm, because Camiles Hard lockdown zone still meant other champs can fight you So my bet is Fiddle is gonna get some objectively better or more complicated version of a Fear, renamed something new with some built in innate damage or something else. Fiddle gains a new effect Terror, Terror causes the target to flee in the opposite direction to fiddle, any allies a Terrorised champions walks through is feared for 1 second, the target also takes 30% increased true damage from Fiddlesticks stacking up to 50% based on the crows around them, finally the target is disarmed for 1 second after the effects ends.
: I don't know why you got down voted when most of what you said is true. Popular doesn't necessarily mean a champion gets buffed, but the rest is spot on as far as I care.
> [{quoted}](name=Pwnograhpy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n2v0pKHE,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T05:05:01.038+0000) > > I don't know why you got down voted when most of what you said is true. Popular doesn't necessarily mean a champion gets buffed, but the rest is spot on as far as I care. I mean it is a factor, if its not champions getting buffed, its Riots being intentionally sluggish to Nerf them. I mean case in point how long it took to Nerf Riven, while other champs so much a creep up a tiny amount and are hotfixed obliterated. Riot has champions they want to see, and they will intentionally tune or tweak them until they are present, inversely they also have champs they don't want to see, and will tune or tweak them until they are out of the picture. Pyke right now is popular, is strong, and has a skin to sell, so they gave him another push just to get more people on board, to get him more players.
: Damn, all the stuff that felt like authentic league back when I started is starting to fade away. Hasn't been a login screen dedicated to a new/reworked champ since Sylas if i'm not mistaken either. Unless you count arcade Qiyana being in the login screen, but that isn't really the same. The legendary skins are getting them over the champs at this point lmao. Both Jhin and Pyke got login screens. And now champ spotlights? Shoot it makes me think why I still play sometimes... Oh well, we got auto chess and paid achievements (the first I've ever encountered in my 15 years of gaming) to keep us tied over till the LC$ gets here.
> [{quoted}](name=Burns Master,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l8pdBU02,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-08-15T16:02:21.028+0000) > > Damn, all the stuff that felt like authentic league back when I started is starting to fade away. Hasn't been a login screen dedicated to a new/reworked champ since Sylas if i'm not mistaken either. Unless you count arcade Qiyana being in the login screen, but that isn't really the same. The legendary skins are getting them over the champs at this point lmao. Both Jhin and Pyke got login screens. > And now champ spotlights? Shoot it makes me think why I still play sometimes... > > Oh well, we got auto chess and paid achievements (the first I've ever encountered in my 15 years of gaming) to keep us tied over till the LC$ gets here. I have mentioned it before, at least this year it seems league is really starting to double down or shift focus on maximizing profits while minimizing anything that does not give direct financial incentives. Notice a distinct lack of Fluff that they used to have, Animations are more sparringly done, Logins screen for Champs are less frequent/ outright non existent. RGMs have been phased out completely for the Autochess Trend, which by itself is unique because its the only side gamemode with a independent monitsation system (Autochess in general sorta shows a good representation of Riot and exactly what they want, a Gamemode that does not need real time balancing with the rest of the game, while having a method to pressure Whales into content completely disconnected from the rest of the game). Events are Now Pay in reskinned passes with a Gold Chroma as the final reward. Champs are literally getting biannual skins as opposes to the annual skins of years past, and now Spotlights are going away. Plane and simple this seems to be the year of damage control, focusing exclusively on maintaining profit margins while cutting down spending wherever they can. Now only time will tell with this is a temporary thing to appease shareholders, or whether this is a permanent newer 'pay more, have less, pay none, have none' system. I truly hope this is not going to be the direction the game is taken, but the Dollar Bill is a tempting thing and if this year works, then it probably shows Riot they can get away with less content and a tighter squeeze on its payers. Granted when has a company every backed down when they find out they can get away with doing less,while profiting more. So im hoping this is only a off year, but being a realist, this is probably what they are going to do from now on, with a sparring interval of maybe proper events once a year or so.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: I don't know why they chain buffed him when he was already doing at least fine.
> [{quoted}](name=Dasdi96,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n2v0pKHE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-14T15:40:47.646+0000) > > I don't know why they chain buffed him when he was already doing at least fine. 1.He is popular 2.He has Skins to sell 3.He is flashy and nicely fits into the type of 'exciting' gameplay Riot wants to promote. Plain and simple Riot wants him to see play, so they will keep him overtuned. Frankly he has a CertT champion problem, regardless of how weak or strong he is his kit is frustrating to play against, the design of a assassin with a execute (Which gives him a larger gold payout) who also has a hook, a engage and escape that also acts as hard CC, a stealth and a arbitrary amount of sustain is always going to feel bad, because at the core of it his kit gives him a huge amount of safety blankets that makes it so that you have to mess up VERY hard to actually be punished at all for your mistakes, while other champs get punished for far less.
: That or a star gaurdian event is coming soon, and you know they have to push the old skins too.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8d2ARl6a,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-08-06T16:58:28.435+0000) > > That or a star gaurdian event is coming soon, and you know they have to push the old skins too. Why not both, i mean they still have not touched the 'season 2' upgrade trope of Magical Girl Shows and between presitge, and Pajama Guardians they are only one short step away from 'lets literally just make the 'upgraded' version of a skin for the same champ". Between the Popular champion tax we may be lucky to get One Champion who people actually feel deserves a star Guardian skin, since my money is on Lux2 and Riven being taxed in the next SG event, plus, idk what other Annual Champions have not got their Yearly or Bi Yearly Skins yet? IDK i would not be surprised to see them triple dip Ka Sai.
GigglesO (NA)
: I miss Defense
IDK whether its just me, but it feels like the only character that actually feel tanky, are literally the champs like Former Tahm and Mordekaiser who literally get 90% of their effective healthbar as a shield on a button press, and that feels kinda telling, the only way to feel really tanky, is literally to always have 2 health bars. It also just feels like for every AD or AP items, you need to build 2 Armour or 2 magic resist items to feel like your tanking it in any way shape or form. It does make sense though, Riot has been for the last 3 seasons trying to promote shorter flashier games so they can get more of those LCS views and those Net Cafe Asian Viewers. If you have tanks being proper tanks then that slows the game down, its the same reason Turrets still have the strength and damage of tinfoil, its why Runes Reforged amounted to Damage and more Damage, its why every new rework has such a huge abundance of nukes and damage, its why Tahm has been deleted (Once again Aniplay maker, makes games longer) and its why Tanks have been shifted away from Low Damage, high Peel and tanking, to just being a slightly tankier Fighter, because once again everything needs to nuke everything, we have to get those 10 minutes snowballs and get those games done in 20 minutes. It seems to be why League is in such a messy state, the game from the ground up was never designed for shorter games, so every classes power curve has either been pushed to high to quickly, or is to low and too slow.
R0XTAR (NA)
: Petition to keep Twisted Treeline a permanent mode
I'm glad everyone is kicking up a fuss about this, but like, its Riot, they wont listen, not when its a choice between TFT and TT, because one of them have a monetization system and requires less unkeep, the other is TT. So Unless the Reddit kicks up a HUGE fuss about this, don't expect them to back down, it falls on deaf ears, it always falls on deaf ears.
: I don't even care about TT and that hurt to read. Ouch.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gThAEfkZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-31T17:16:46.015+0000) > > I don't even care about TT and that hurt to read. Ouch. Yeah its a little insulting how they go on about how their previous support efforts didn't help so they wont be working on it, disregarding the fact that the mode has been neglected for year and years on end. Like if you going to remove it fine, don't lie to our faces and pretend that you did anything meaningful with it, we already heard the same shit with Crystal Scar. They say they tried stuff but honestly, the situation (and banner of commands removal) feel alot more like its just this https://i.imgur.com/zJqx7cY.gif Granted though this was inevitable, every since TFT came out Riot has been loading the shotgun for TT, TFT is perfect is every way for them, stupidly popular, a nice exploitative gambling system integrated into it, and a balance system and mechanics that means it doesn't have to be retested when every new champ comes out and they are salivating over that. I mentioned it before, don't expect any of the RGM stuff to come back in any meaningful way until TFT has been squeezed for every penny its worth, its their golden goose right now, More monetization then any other side gamemode, less upkeep needed then any other gamemode, and despite its glaring and huge issues, people are still eating it up. If they keep this up Daddy Tencent may even let them out of the basement soon. Maybe next year we may get the cool events of the past instead of the reskinned 'buy our event pass and gold chromo, get your exclusive SG,Arcade,KDA,Pulsefire,Haunting,Project and Winter Wonderland Kaisai,Akali and Irelia Loading borders', but that is probably wishful thinking, why would they go back to things that require more resources that don't get money, when they keep up the current system of alot of monetization to very little actual event content.
: yeah its disgusting.. especially token missions being limited unless you buy the token pass, and it feels bad every time i see it but i doubt riot will stop doing things like this. they need the extra money from worlds & lcs and believe it or not people actually pay money for stuff like that every time i spend money in this game i feel i'm feeding corruption so i try not to........ {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
> [{quoted}](name=dream buddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=31FLV7q5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-30T09:03:07.331+0000) > > yeah its disgusting.. especially token missions being limited unless you buy the token pass, and it feels bad every time i see it but i doubt riot will stop doing things like this. > > they need the extra money from worlds & lcs and believe it or not people actually pay money for stuff like that > > every time i spend money in this game i feel i'm feeding corruption so i try not to........ > {{sticker:sg-soraka}} IIRC i think i stopped spending RP a bit after Runes Reforged, when it became apparent that Damage Creep was not just a seasonal issue (Like Ardents,Juggernauts and so on) and was a committed constant to the game now with a shift for the game to be focused less on strategy and more on flashy plays, and honestly between the huge push of certain skins (BiAnnual Skin releases), every event being the same event pass and Prestige skins i have felt nothing but indifferance past the initial skin reveals. To the point that i don't want them to bring old skin lines back, i dont want SG to be another reskinned event pass and another wave of oversaturated popular champs getting another annual skin tick.I suppose i want the skin events to be just that, events, cool things for the players, Lores, stories, animations, ect, instead of a event now being synonymous with "Reskinned Event Pass and Missions".
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-22T19:14:32.442+0000) > > The game is good I don’t understand what people think has changed in the 10 years of this game existing it’s design philosophy has never changed. The boards have always hated League. I mean this is the place where people rant about who beat them five seconds ago.
> [{quoted}](name=MessyStuff,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-07-22T19:49:35.552+0000) > > The boards have always hated League. I mean this is the place where people rant about who beat them five seconds ago. I mean lets be real, even if the boards were not so negative Riot would not listen, I mean look at the Reddit, Even the criticism and formulated posts on the reddit (If you can find them between the 40 0000 Thousand LCS Threads about every single round), still get relatively ignored.
Show more

njrk97

Level 94 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion