Similar to the previous VFX updates we’ve made in the past (*Ziggs, Olaf, Tryndamere, etc*), we're working on updates to the Visual Effects (VFX) of more champions whose spell effects are in need of some love. Our aim is to get their FX to current League standards and improve gameplay clarity. In Patch **9.24**, we'll be releasing a VFX Update for Lux!
*Just like the previous ones, and since these are smaller updates geared toward sprucing up some of the oldest members of the roster, they aren't in the same prioritization conversation as to how we decide who gets a VGU (where we take model, gameplay, and thematic into account too!): they do not affect any other timeline, and are simply dev passion projects.*
We're looking for feedback on her changes, which should be up on the PBE soon. Please try her out there —especially if you're a main— and leave us your feedback once the changes are up!
*VFX Update aimed at improving gameplay readability and bringing up her VFXs to today's standards. Also, more rainbows.*
* **BA** - Cleaned up missile and impact.
* **Q** - Added a subtle effect to show the width of the missile. Also more sparkly and rainbowy!
* **W** - Mostly just a clean-up. Added a subtle missile width indicator on missile going out.
* **E** - Revamped and cleaned up charge and explosion effects. Missile still similar.
* **R** - Effect has been completely overhauled. Now has indicator lines on both sides to show the actual width of the beam. Also has a line at the end to show the actual range of it (it was kind of really off before, ahem).
* **P** - Just cleaned up a bit.
* **Idle Effects** - Cleaned up and improved idle staff effects.
## *Skin changes:*
* **All Skins:** Cleaned up and matched base.
* **Steel Legion Lux:** Cleaned up lightning effects on Q missile, E explosion and R beam.
*All the most recent skins changes are very minor.*
Please test those changes on the PBE once she's up and let us know if you have any feedback!
**EDIT**: Some Changes I've done since I posted this originally:
- Reduced some of the pinks overall
- Narrowed her auto attack missiles
- Reduced Base Q brightness slightly
- Added a trail to Base Q
- Added sparks on Q width indicator to make it a bit clearer
- Base W missile orbs are now pale orange like the rest of her kit
- Adjusted Base E explosion color
- Base R Red beam is now more red
- Added slightly more oomph to her Base R beam
- Did a value pass on all skins for her R
- Added a scorch mark on all her skins after R has fired
- R cleanup (too many lines)
- Changed the R indicators to match skin color where appropriate
- Adjusted her Quick Cast indicators to actually (and finally) match the range and width of her abilities