**TL;DR: We’re planning to perform the partial ladder reset we discussed in [/dev: State of Ranked](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/03/dev-state-of-ranked/) with Patch 9.6 on March 20, subject to successful testing this weekend on PBE.**
Hey everyone, Ed “SapMagic” Altorfer here on behalf of the Ranked team. Last week we [shared our thoughts](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/03/dev-state-of-ranked/) on Ranked and detailed several matchmaking and rank issues affecting players in Diamond and above. We're ready to share the timing of the partial Diamond+ reset and more details based on common questions.
#Who is affected by the reset?
Diamond+ players from **all ranked queues** in Riot and Garena regions.
#When is the reset happening?
We’re planning to do the reset alongside **Patch 9.6** which will be early morning on **March 20** for Riot regions and **March 21** for Garena regions. We’re doing some final testing this weekend—if we encounter any major bugs, we’ll update this post accordingly.
#How will the reset work?
Here are the full details of the reset:
- Master, Grandmaster, and Challenger players become Master 0 LP
- Diamond players demote by one division, **floored** at Diamond IV
- You keep rewards, but they’ll match your new rank
- Grandmaster and Challenger lock until March 27 and April 3, respectively
#How does the Diamond demotion work?
If you’re a Diamond player, here’s what will happen:
- Diamond III, II, and I players are **demoted by one division**, preserving promotion series progress and LP
- For Diamond I players in series, 2 wins or losses become 1 win or loss—for example, 2–2 becomes 1–1
- Diamond IV players become Diamond IV 0 LP no matter what
We expect the reset to help fix LP gains and losses for players in Diamond+. Having said that, since this partial reset _does_ affect MMR, it won’t be an immediate fix in terms of matchmaking quality, but we expect that to improve over the next few weeks as the ladder stabilizes.
As always, if you have questions that aren’t answered here or just have feedback on Ranked, let us know in the comments or hit me up [on Twitter](https://twitter.com/RiotSapMagic). Thanks again for all your help and patience, and we’ll see you on the Rift!