Blitzcrank Q Buff and Some Reflections on the Current State of League of Legends

Values
We launched Riot Games in 2006 to develop, publish, and support games made by players, for players. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends . League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.
Hey Riot! I just got off a game against the new Blitzcrank. I have a sincere question. What exactly compelled you to give the fastest hook in the game which, by the way, also happens to not have a windup, a huge range? My last game was miserable, and I'm sure all games from now on will be miserable with Blitzcrank. Literally saw Blitz yoink my adc from under the tower and into the bush that is on the far right side of bot lane. That is broken and incredibly unbalanced, as the other long range hook champions have a wind up or a slower hook so you can actually do something against it. The only true counter against this buffoonery is to play Morgana or get a Banshees Veil. As an enchanter main, I'd rather not have to buy Banshees just because of a blitzcrank. Additionally, what can ADCs do about this? How will this affect the meta, since now you've guaranteed that Blitz will either be a super solid pick or permabanned in every single game. I mean no disrespect, I'm honestly just baffled and a little stunned after that experience. My friends and I were laughing on the outside, but I guarantee you that we were crying on the inside. I have many more things I'd love to discuss with the balance team, especially revolving around the buffing of champs so skins will sell, but someone already made a really thorough post about that. I've been playing this game since middleschool, and I'm a Junior in college now. I'd hate to leave, but I'm finding myself playing less and less. I've spent money on this game, and I have tons of online friends, which is really the only thing that keeps me attached to this game anymore alongside the hope that it'll go back to the "golden days" of League of Legends. Ever since Riot sold to Tencent the game started going downhill _fast_. It doesn't feel like a game made by gamers for gamers anymore. We're constantly being bombarded by more and more products and merch to buy while the game just gets more and more unbearable. Oh, and don't even get me started on Ranked. Initially this post started as a bit of a meme between me and my friends, but I'm kinda tired of seeing the community talk about this while Riot seems to turn a blind eye. A lot of people criticize the people who say that Riot doesn't care, but I honestly think that's because they haven't been around for 6+ years and seen this game grow into the massive global phenomenon it is now. I've literally been playing for over half of this game's lifespan. As a response to GelsominoKiller's post, no. It is _not_ acceptable that we, as a community, must endure an unbalanced gameplay experience for unspecified amounts of time, because of Riot sacrificing their integrity in balancing the game in order to advertise their products. For those who still doubt Riot's lack of integrity and corporate greed, all you have to do is look at the pay to meme Mastery System fiasco. Look at how many veteran/ ex-worlds LoL streamers literally hate the game now. This is a game that they helped build as the first "generation" of league gamers. I could type in this and reminisce forever, but most of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Riot, as a company you are getting farther and farther away from your player base. I understand the need to make revenue as a corporation, but _what will it cost?_ If players are _truly_ the foundation of our community and it’s for _us_ that you continue to evolve the League experience you need to do better and focus on making league a great experience for the common gamer again. Your players just want to have fun again. Thank you infinitely for your time, Blue Heartbreak
Compartilhar
Reportar como:
Ofensivo Spam Mau comportamento Fórum incorreto
Cancelar