Gaming is Officially a Disorder

At the end of last year, the World Health Organization (WHO), made the 11th revision to the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11). Which included classifying Gaming as a Disorder. Specifically it falls under the Mental, Behavior, and other Neuro disorders; with a subsection of addictive behaviors. Gaming gets a lot of negative stigma from the media and they rarely cover the positive and maybe some of them actually play games. Of course, media usually focuses on the digital gaming. Gaming Disorder actually addresses both physical gaming and digital gaming. Before I get to asking for communities input and my own opinion, I feel it is important to mention that just because WHO has made this decision; DOES NOT mean the government where you live will acknowledge and accept it. I also realize I may be toeing the line of political discussion with this. So please do try to keep your manners. It is okay to disagree, just try and be respectful. I really don't believe anyone will take it seriously for a while. It could have been a thing with WHO for a while honestly and I wouldn't have known. Memes would probably flood if more people knew about the existence of the classification. I get people can be addicted to video games, and that it can be to varying degrees. I will be the first to admit that I have baked food in the oven, turned the oven off when the timer goes off, and then play a game for an hour plus before remembering I cooked something. But I will also argue about the good it does for people. After a bad break up and losing my father, things got pretty dark in my mind. Yeah, I have friends I can go to, but I am the idiot that thinks "I don't want to burden them." and putting up a facade to precent them from worrying (Not being hard on self, just aware enough to know it is stupid). Random people with random conversation helps. One can also be self destructive in games and it can help. Having some menial task can help (like grinding on Runescape). Gaming can be both good and bad, but I feel the world on a whole focuses more on the bad than the good. What is your input on it being a disorder officially? TLDR: Gaming is an addictive behavior disorder classified by the World Health Organization. How does that make you feel?
Compartilhar
Mais votados Novos

Estamos testando uma nova função que dá a opção de exibir os comentários da discussão em ordem cronológica. Alguns participantes notaram situações em que mostraram que uma exibição linear possa ser mais útil, então gostaríamos de saber como vocês a usariam.

Reportar como:
Ofensivo Spam Mau comportamento Fórum incorreto
Cancelar