Why Be Toxic?

This has been a question I've been meaning to ask for quite some time, so let's see how this goes. But as the title says "Why Be Toxic?" I always think about this with most multiplayer games I play, but with League I find myself asking this much more frequently. Whether it's players making fun of others that are not doing well, unnecessarily insulting and harassing other players or intentionally giving up/trolling early because of something petty. Why get so toxic? Now yes, I am aware that this game is highly competitive by nature, and games last longer than most other multiplayer games. But that should in no way justify poor and toxic behavior. And by being toxic, what does that even do for you? You open yourself up to reports and possible chat/account suspension, and you end up playing less effectively than you were before you got upset. All for what? To let that person know that "u suck". Congratulations! I hope it was worth it! Am I saying that it's not okay to be upset? No, of course not. There are plenty of times where I get upset either at others for not performing well or even when I don't play well. But I wouldn't want to put it in chat as some sort of temporary relief. Instead, I'd take a break and clear my head, listen to some music or play another game to help me calm down. The only time I ever received a penalty was getting disconnected from games which was already my fault thanks to me not accounting for my internet. But never because of my behavior in game. League is already quite infamous for having a rather toxic community. So why continue to make that true when we should all be trying to make this community better and more welcoming! Riot themselves can only do so much to help deal with toxicity. Do I think this will stop people from flaming in all chat or stop them from harassing their bot lane for playing bad? Nope, not in the slightest bit. Heck, I might get some down votes too. But it's okay. What I am hoping for though, is for some people to just stop and ask themselves why do they get so toxic? And to spark conversation about this. Thanks for reading guys and hope you all have a great day! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Compartilhar
Mais votados Novos

Estamos testando uma nova função que dá a opção de exibir os comentários da discussão em ordem cronológica. Alguns participantes notaram situações em que mostraram que uma exibição linear possa ser mais útil, então gostaríamos de saber como vocês a usariam.

Reportar como:
Ofensivo Spam Mau comportamento Fórum incorreto
Cancelar