_Your weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other!_
NA Academy Finals is wrapping up tomorrow, we’ll know who makes the LCS finals this weekend, everyone’s favorite exiled sister got nerfed ( :( ), and account transfers are back up and running!
* **Mac voice still not working properly** The main League Bug associated with this has been re-prioritized and is being worked on, alongside several other Mac bugs. No additional update since last week.
**Server Stuff: **
* **PayOn outage prevents RP purchases with credit cards (3/31, ~15 minutes)** Automated alerts notify the NOC that something’s wrong with payments. Payment teams discover PayOn is undergoing an outage, which is what caused the alert. PayOn fixes the issue rapidly, and RP purchase issues return to normal levels.
* **Misconfiguration causes internal stats on new hardware to not be recorded (3/28, ~4 days)** New game server hardware is introduced to the NA data centers. However, data collection from the new servers doesn’t work properly. Investigation points to a misconfigured setting. After updating the setting, the new servers properly report metrics and data as expected.
* **Transfer servers experiencing issues after upgrade (3/12, 22 days)** Changes made to the backend lead to 20% failure rate with transfers. While diagnosing the issue, transfer rates increase to 70% and the service is disabled. A fix is created and tested on an internal realm, and then bug fixed to not break anything else. After 9.7 rolls out, the patch is applied and transfers are enabled again.
**Game Stuff: **
* **A change to a queue doesn’t work with URF (3/27, ~4 hours)** Modifications to a game queue cause in-game issues when played on URF. Well, we can’t prevent champions from reaching their true, unchained and unleashed power, so we removed the mutator!
* **A game server crashed, causing player reconnects and ghost games (3/28, ~70 minutes)** A single game server ran into critical uncorrectable errors in the OS. This caused all games on it to crash as the system rebooted, and players in games hosted on it were stuck in a ‘ghost game.’ For those poor unfortunate souls who couldn’t even appreciate Teemo’s majesty, we salute you.
* **Network problems cause spike in game reconnects (3/28, ~30 minutes)** A higher than expected number reports come in around high ping and game disconnects. Network teams look into the issue and resolve the network problem with magical coding wizardry and a lot of CAT5 cables.
**Player Support Issues:**
We’re seeing a large spike of client issues after 9.7 rolled out. If you’re running into weird issues with your client (besides the inability to transfer regions), take a gander at our [client guide](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231536768-Updated-Client-Known-Issues)!
Morgageddon & Couch Commando