_Your semi-weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other!_
9.14 arrived with the non-smoothest of bugs, TFT ranked says hello, and the mid-season changes kinda shifted the meta around. Just a little. Smidgen. You know, a tiny amount.
* **Mac voice still not working properly** Bug assigned to a specialist. (Core bug is still being worked on).
* ** None **
**Server Stuff: **
* **Server reboot causes problems (7/23, ~20 minutes)** Automated comp mode has issues with a single server. The server is rebooted, but that server doesn’t reconnect to the cluster after the reboot. NOC has to manually force it to reconnect and start accepting games again.
* **TMS installation cause issues (7/22, ~7 minutes)** Game starts dip on NA, and start to recover after a few minutes. NOC checks and finds network rerouting was being done due to a device being replaced and new device activated in a datacenter. The installation completes and routing tables are updated, dropping everything back to normal.
* **Elevated non-unique reconnects after redeploy (7/22, ~90 minutes)** A server redeploy rolls out, and non-unique reconnects begin to climb. However, after an hour (during the duration of the redeploy), reconnect events fall back to normal levels.
* **Players attempt Personalize Offer purchase after P.O. disabled (7/22, ~30 minutes)** A change to the servers complete earlier that day. Rioter notifies the NOC that there may be an issue with PO disables. NOC uncovers that the issue only affect players who left the client open for a long period of time (lots and lots of hours).
* **Delay with Missions (7/12, ~17 minutes)** Automated monitoring flags an alert that the missions system is being overloaded. Looks to be a brief surge in data, which caused the alerting flags to activate.
* **Non-unique reconnection spike (7/18, ~90 minutes)** Reconnects begin to spike in various regions. Automated compensation mode kicks on for the affected game servers. Before an investigation can find any root cause for the problem, the non-unique reconnections recover and fall to normal levels.
* **Non-unique reconnection spike (7/18, ~80 minutes)** Reconnects begin to spike in various regions as a change is pushed to the main servers. The reconnection spike continues during the duration of the change being pushed to all servers, which originally had a small risk of causing reconnections. Reconnections stop as the change is completed, and the change is slotted for investigation to see why it caused reconnects.
**Game Stuff: **
* **Ryze disabled (7/17, ~14 hours)** The bugfix in 9.14 caused his Q to be disabled if Ryze died while he was casting it. Not quite intentional.
* **Annie/Qiyana/Morde bugs causing ranked queue disable (7/17, ~14 hours)** Annie, Qiyana, and Morde seem to be the major connection for a bunch of bugs. Quick triage and investigation leads to a series of probable ares, which narrow down to red buff’s interaction with death as well as Morde’s R, all combined with death recap. A hot fix pushed out to solve those bugs fix the problems, and ranked is re-enabled.
* **Increased Bug-Splats due to Anticheat (7/17, ~45 minutes)** Updates to 9.14 and anticheat roll in on the 17th. This coincides with a small increase in bugsplats that remain constant over time. Anticheat implement a first bugfix, which doesn’t quite solve all the problems. A second bugfix rolls out, which solves the problem completely.