: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JzZrOxYH,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2020-02-20T19:00:15.357+0000) > > Mmr and rank have been broken for years. The most demoralizing thing ever is repeatedly losing silver promos to s1/2 players, and this was my experience all the way back in season 4. > > And placements are needed. They keep players from resting on their laurels, which is a good thing. I get you're frustrated by being stuck in bronze, but last season ranks were massively inflated. Average rank used to be low silver high bronze, but last season it was low gold/high silver. I've made silver every season after S6. The whole resting on your laurals argument is as frustrating as anything else. But in regards (and I mean no disrespect to you) is so what? Let some players be stagnant if the choose to be. I'd like to shoot for gold, or heck, more reasonable, S2 or S1. Every year placements take that away. I get I'm not a great player and I accept most like if I make to gold that might be my limit. But how could I ever know, since placements keep me from starting where I finish? I hold, Placements should be removed. Let us start where we finish. If people want to "rest" let them. Don't punish the rest of us.
> [{quoted}](name=SilverEagleTwo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JzZrOxYH,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2020-02-20T19:11:28.547+0000) > > I've made silver every season after S6. > > The whole resting on your laurals argument is as frustrating as anything else. > > But in regards (and I mean no disrespect to you) is so what? Let some players be stagnant if the choose to be. > > I'd like to shoot for gold, or heck, more reasonable, S2 or S1. > > Every year placements take that away. I get I'm not a great player and I accept most like if I make to gold that might be my limit. But how could I ever know, since placements keep me from starting where I finish? > > I hold, Placements should be removed. Let us start where we finish. > > If people want to "rest" let them. Don't punish the rest of us. There is so much wrong with Riot's systems that I don't want to get into it in fear of getting a headache due to their ineptitude. Safe to say that I agree and, at the very least, the lower ranks should get a break since games are much more a roll of the dice due to many more reasons and not just (and I know this is a meme at this point, but it is true) due to the better jungler winning. Keep the placement games, that's fine, but make it a chance for lower (all?) players to start at around the same point (if you do bad to average) and higher if you do really well (lets say 10/0). It's so sad to watch the game I loved playing decay into nothingness bit by bit due to mismanagement.
: Diamond 1 Player in Gold Ranked Games.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the result of the new "fix" against smurfing.
: 2020-02-20
You want them to fix their shit? Stop buying their r%%%%%edly lazy skins, stop playing the broken af game. Nothing other than that will make a difference to them, ever.
: HUNDRED BILLION? LMAO they made their first billion total revenue in season 4? 5? they've made a little more each year after that
> [{quoted}](name=RAT IN GAME UwU ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T4gI3juk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-02-20T21:19:07.053+0000) > > HUNDRED BILLION? LMAO > > they made their first billion total revenue in season 4? 5? they've made a little more each year after that When Tencent purchased them they had a revenue of 3 Billion. And they have been, since then, owned by Tencent. I Don't think any one of us can imagine the amount of money they have access to. Not to mention the increased amount of skins that they are pumping out as well as the prestige editions ones. Hundred billion? Surely not. Plenty of money? Absolutely.
: FRIENDS LIST STILL BUGGED????
Similar for me, works on and off, extremely spotty, but the one 100% sure thing is that it *will not work* after every patch. When the new patch rolls around 100% of the time the friends list will not work for at least a couple of days.
: "Your Shop" feels a lot like someone elses shop for me.
For me, it has been 50/50. Half the champs I actively (or moderately) play and half I haven't touched in.... such a long time that I can't remember when the last time was. This happens almost every time. Perhaps it also has something to do with either which champ you have the least skins for or have purchased skins for recently?
Hotarµ (NA)
: I'm not making excuses for them, I'm being realistic. Throwing money at a problem, hiring more employees, and cursing the devs out due to frustration isn't going to solve the client issues any faster. Yes, Tencent is one of the largest companies in the world and Riot Games should be focusing (IMO) much harder on solving these issues. At the very least, I believe there should be an option to use an older version of the client or **much** lower-spec version (not just the low-spec version we have now.) As I said in the title and intro paragraph, I _never_ have any issues with the client, so I'm a bit more relaxed than most. Not only is my attitude towards this a little more chill than most, it should also shed light on the fact that these issues don't effect everyone. It's not like _"Oh, 100% of the playerbase is black screening upon completing a match, we should probably do something about that."_ The issues seem a lot more common when you go to the Boards or Reddit because people there will be vocal, if someone's client is working properly they're obviously not going to make a post about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag08efKf,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2020-01-14T00:54:27.629+0000) > > I'm not making excuses for them, I'm being realistic. Throwing money at a problem, hiring more employees, and cursing the devs out due to frustration isn't going to solve the client issues any faster. Yes, Tencent is one of the largest companies in the world and Riot Games should be focusing (IMO) much harder on solving these issues. At the very least, I believe there should be an option to use an older version of the client or **much** lower-spec version (not just the low-spec version we have now.) > > As I said in the title and intro paragraph, I _never_ have any issues with the client, so I'm a bit more relaxed than most. Not only is my attitude towards this a little more chill than most, it should also shed light on the fact that these issues don't effect everyone. It's not like _"Oh, 100% of the playerbase is black screening upon completing a match, we should probably do something about that."_ The issues seem a lot more common when you go to the Boards or Reddit because people there will be vocal, if someone's client is working properly they're obviously not going to make a post about it. I did say "we", not you specifically, but that aside. 100% of the people that I play with (think, more than 10) have constant issues with the client and a fair amount being critical issues that cause failed games. Now, that's not 100% of players that *play the game*, sure, but I don't think anyone would say something that impossible to be the case. At the end of the day, all I'm saying is this is an extremely core part of the game and they are a HUGE company that has no excuse to have been unable to solve this for this long and they deserve all of the shit they are getting if not more. (No personal attacks at specific rioters and employees ofc).
: Olaf definitely doesn't need nerfs. Olaf doesn't have good win rates or even that high of a pick rate in any elo Typically when Olaf is actually good he becomes viable top. He has sub 1% pick rate top.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst JG Wins,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L0FELdrT,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2020-01-13T21:32:36.902+0000) > > Olaf definitely doesn't need nerfs. > Olaf doesn't have good win rates or even that high of a pick rate in any elo > Typically when Olaf is actually good he becomes viable top. He has sub 1% pick rate top. I honestly don't think you can use that as a measurement for anything since top is full of ranged bs/cheese so.... looking at top to gauge the strength of any melee champ is, I'd say, a wasted effort.
Hotarµ (NA)
: I usually don't have issues with the client, but... (bug megathread?)
I know this isn't bringing much to the table, but can we please stop making excuses for them when they fuck up? Example: "I know coding isn't the easiest job". They are a 10+ year old company that takes in 2.5-3 BILLION dollars of revenue each year and has the backing of Tencent (are owned by). They are not some small indie company that can't afford to hire competent developers. And this is not the first day of the client being complete ass. I'm sorry if I sound overly aggressive towards them, but this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. At this point you could've made a whole new game, no, a couple new games let alone a simple launcher rework (and they are actually making other games, one of which is playable and almost in open beta and the launcher is still not fixed). At what point do we draw the line and ask of them to get their shit together and actually do a competent job? ... ffs...
: > [{quoted}](name=BandleBooty69,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XAAulgPG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-13T15:31:54.612+0000) > > just logged in to say this is possibly the dumbest comment ive seen all day How is it stupid? I kind of agree, you can ASK Rito to change something but that's it. Also, we're talking about free rewards here... They may not suit you but a lot of people will actually enjoy them.
> [{quoted}](name=HommeGoujon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XAAulgPG,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T15:49:02.691+0000) > > How is it stupid? I kind of agree, you can ASK Rito to change something but that's it. Also, we're talking about free rewards here... They may not suit you but a lot of people will actually enjoy them. They are not free if you have to earn then. End of story. The only thing that comes close to being free is riot's 10 year rewards and even those you had to play at least 1 game to *EARN*.
: FIX YOUR FUCKING CLIENT, RIOT
if they could, don't you think they would?
: For those who REALLY wish to perserve your CURRENT USERNAME here are the solutions!
Solution 3 is the way to go, league is not getting any better any time soon.
Cõmega (NA)
: Another day goes by and riot still hasn't fixed this bug
For a company that makes 2-3 billion dollars in revenue each year and has the backing of Tencent all of this is beyond pathetic and is utterly inexcusable. Not only the client side, the game balance side as well... It honestly feels like they put more effort/focus on puking out skins non-stop rather than doing anything else.
: There's still time for the model to get tweaks (not to mention the chroma already makes it look much nicer), and the recall and vfx already look really good anyway. It's truly not as bad as people say.
> [{quoted}](name=Tin Obliterates,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pbMWlgxp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-06T19:39:55.632+0000) > > There's still time for the model to get tweaks (not to mention the chroma already makes it look much nicer), and the recall and vfx already look really good anyway. > > It's truly not as bad as people say. I just have to disagree, it looks and is absolutely terrible, now, yes that is subjective, but what is not subjective is that it *will not* get any tweaks. The moment it gets to PBE, that's what you'll be getting safe for some extreme cases where a lot, and I mean a lot, of people lash back at it. It's garbage, we're getting garbage, nothing new there. But hey, they keep releasing 5-6 every other patch and they keep puking out the prestige skins and loot...orbs... so they're all good :)
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hikari Sakata,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PIwEKiqT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-20T22:33:03.258+0000) > > Prestige Tokens > they are in kind of bundles > You need 100 Prestige token > generally it costs 100 Euros+ And there is no pass for the event I guess by your frustration?
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PIwEKiqT,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-20T22:34:11.375+0000) > > And there is no pass for the event I guess by your frustration? Even if there is a pass you wont be getting the prestige points with that pass, only buying bundles and orbs and shit.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 25
You might not see this, but.... Don't you think pushing people towards 4 crit items (for crit marksmen) leave them with very little room for interesting builds and flexibility? 4 crit items, LW(LDR) and boots... there, every build for every crit marksman ever (or at least what everyone will most likely aim for to feel good about their crit *and* to be able to damage tanks). Maybe make a crit item with lifesteal (and maybe others) in that case perhaps? If you really want them to get all of those crit items? And don't you think that adding a generic shield to Phantom Dancer makes it an incredibly boring item generally? Regardless of whether it will be good or not just the idea itself, for me at least, is very mundane and boring.
: Crit Item Explorations Part 2
Absolutely hate the Phantom Dancer change, that is not the "fantasy" of that item and you're removing a unique passive for the same old "get a shield" one? Is that the best we can do? Also making ADCs go for 4 crit items + boots again? And what do you imagine the 6th will be? LDR? Building ADCs will still feel like utter shit looking at these changes and you will always feel like you're being punished for seemingly following what Riot's game design is telling you that you should build. Either move away from the "get crit up to 100%" idea, or make it easier to get or make it more rewarding to get. A long time ago you said that the idea of a 100% crit sounded dull and uninteresting, well, guess what, you were fucking right.
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Nexus Blitz alpha: Week 2 feedback and patch notes
Feedback: Walking nexus event feels horrible even more so in the late game when the death timers are disgustingly long... if that event happens when you have 1-2 teammates randomly dead that's it for your game. I see no point in having the objective that you've been struggling so hard to protect just randomly walk down the lane to get itself killed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Q0hN6NhG,comment-id=00010000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-01T16:20:37.892+0000) > > I would like to call Lucian to the stand, as well as Xayah, Rakan, Taliyah, Illaoi, Garen, Katarina, and Zoe. ALL of these champions have their sexuality expressed in the game - heterosexuality is still sexuality. Heterosexuality is the most represented sexuality, to the extent that people forget it is an expressed sexuality, as you have obviously demonstrated. > > Other sexualities, such as homosexuality, are vastly, vastly, vastly under-represented and under-expressed in almost all forms of major media, and video games are the worst culprits for this lack of representation. Because of this, this is why homosexuality needs expression and representation. Gay people exist in this world and are more prevalent than most would believe. They need to have icons and characters in major media to represent them, so people engaging in that media have someone they can personally connect to on a much deeper level about those parts of themselves. This is why representation is necessary. If someone, like a young gay man, is grappling with the negative stigma of his homosexuality in a society that often condemns it, he may turn to despair and depression. But if he sees that a major, pivotal, well beloved character, such as Albus Dumbledore, is gay, it would change his world view entirely. This young man would realize that life can be better, that being gay in and of itself is not a damning thing, and that being gay doesn't stop you from greatness. This is EXACTLY why representation is extremely important in societies that suppress and persecute those who are not in the majority. This is exactly why someone being expressed as gay in a video game is important, because it will reach people in a medium that has characteristically low numbers of representatives, and give them solace in knowing that they are acknowledged as regular, normal people just like everyone else. I 100% agree with you. Representation matters. The only people who say it doesnt matter is those that are represented. Having a character that resonates with you, having a character with a similar look, personality, etc., that is exciting. Any comment that comes on this thread that makes any point that disagrees with those saying it doesnt matter will get downvoted by the same 3 people lol. I love having girly characters because I'm girly and I resonate with them. Manly dudes love their buff characters like tryndamere and braum. Edgy dudes love yasuo and kayn and such. Video games representing characters with different identities (yes being LGBT is part of someone's identity whether these people on this thread think so or not) makes it interesting. If league made 160 champions with no diversity the game would be fucking boring because their skills and voice lines and lore, everything that makes them who they are would be completely bland and lackluster and ultimately the same. Jinx being crazy is part of her identity, Lucian losing his wife is part of his identity, etc. Cosplayers play this game, cosplayers want to cosplay characters they identify with. Artists play this game, they love to draw the characters they identify with and like. Video games are a huge media platform and diversifying them to make more feel welcomed and attract more players and get more people to enjoy more characters that is SUCCESS. Who doesn't want a character that they can love and relate to and enjoy?
All of that is perfectly fine but why not make *new* content to represent people? Why change *old* one that already had it's fans into new, completely different one? How does that make any sort of sense in the grand scheme of things... Make all of the different identitites of characters that you want so people can identify with them, I might not, but who cares, I already have my characters, whatever I get new ones now or a bit later, fair gain, but chaning an old one so drasticly... why tho? I'm sorry but that is utterly senseless... Yes, I've waited for around 5 years to expand the lore of Varus that I liked and they went and changed it needlessly, you might think I'm taking this a bit too deep (kek), but it mattered to me... and this change was just.... plain stupid.
: > Responsive and changing to what the League community finds appealing? I don't think so. The problem with this statement is that the entire League community =/= the Boards community. For all we know, most of the League playerbase _may actually prefer_ this version of Varus. Regardless, I think it'd be extremely problematic for the art and narrative teams at League to cater only to what a certain portion of the playerbase wants. There are different niches and different audiences around the globe that like different things.
Of course, and no one would argue with that, but how about making new things for those different audiences instead of changing old lore that people already liked and just expand that one? How is that not the 1 billion times more reasonable decision....
CatSith (NA)
: Sure in the old lore he had nothing to lose, but his old lore had nothing to grow from.
Numerous people have given suggestions where it could have gone, OP does it too, are you just selectively blind or just blind? Not to mention with 120+ champions and more on the way I'd call you either a fool or unbelievably optimistic if you think that his lore will grow any time soon. The writer rioter that was going around on the boards even said so himself that there will not be time anywhere in the near or semi-near future to expand on this lore. Those arguments are vapid.
panexin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CanadianGuyEh,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Jumtus1c,comment-id=003d0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T20:12:56.478+0000) > > Oh my goodness you are missing the point! > > You OF COURSE attack me instead of understanding what I said. > > His whole purpose of becoming darkin was because of his wife and child. They took the whole REASON he became darkin in the first place. If they changed it to it being his brother for motivation, I would still be mad, his parent, or best friend, it doesnt matter. > > My whole point is that they tossed two characters away for no reason, they could have EASILY fixed the darkin concept with the original story. It could have even been his son that he fuses with. But riot throws away characters that is pivotal to lore and just said "yea Varus is now two gay lovers who fused with a Darkin" I think we're differing in levels of inspection. Before, he had a love-based reason for his vengeance. Now, he has a love-based reason for his vengeance. I see no difference, and I don't see why one would be better than the other. I might argue what we have now is better, because of the awesome art and music we received to go along with it.
You make your argument invalid by your own admission. If that's as far as you see the character than you dont care about the character one bit so why even argue? If you dont see a difference between the struggle of his existance in the old lore and the "wops, I guess we have Varus now, a Varus that loved to torture and kill... how unique, amirite? Not cliche at all." in the new one then that's entirely on you, but you just come off as a prick arguing for argument's sake.
tendo625 (EUW)
: Varus's name should be changed to Vaarus to fit the other darkin.
Varus is dead, at least go all the way with the name, I agree, dont leave it an empty shell just to insult us.
DyQuill (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Xenos von Faneli,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z1dTsaQ6,comment-id=00000000000200040000000100020001,timestamp=2017-12-01T02:27:25.357+0000) > > No the core of his story was that ALL he had left was vengeance, to the point that he willingly let himself be consumed. Now the vengeance is barely even a part of the hosts (at least by the end of the comic) instead the vengeance belongs almost solely to the Darkin, who seems to not even be in control most of the time, instead this being about the quest of these two lovers to be freed from this curse that is the Darkin. The vengeance is now an afterthought, something they do their best to keep in check, which strikes me as extremely different from the tragedy of the old Varus. I think what you've said here (and in reply to Arakadia's comment) is extremely insightful. Was Varus' story more about a wife and child? Or a loved one? Was it more about the tension between family and duty? Or the tension between principles and desperation? Was he defined more by having nothing left but vengeance, and his "fall" when being willingly transformed into an instrument of darker purpose? Or was it the deep emotional trauma (realized or threatened) that drove him choose a "deal with the devil" in the first place? There's no right answer here. Players (and Rioters) saw (and still see) different parts of Varus' identity as the most primary. Some players absolutely hate what we changed because we changed the primary thing they loved - and you know what? We get it. We're not gonna try to tell you you're wrong, because you aren't. But some players really love what we changed, because they think (as we thought) it reinforced and evolved the primary thing they loved about Varus. We are reading through literally all of your comments, and we'll reply where we can, but I really want to stress this - you're all going to have different feelings about this, and we're ok with that.
But we're not ok with that tho..... You're basically saying "it's done, we dont care how you feel about it, deal with it." Are you for real? And what are you even saying with those questions? Is it one of those? Why cant it be all of those? Did you even read the old lore? You cant tell me you did and are posing such ridiculous questions. "Is it this, is it that, who knows guys, amirite?" No, you're not right, tens if not hundreds of people have told you why the old lore is so much better and so much touching and ALL OF THOSE are included, not 1, not 2 of those, there is a fucking, sorry, right answer and it's that ALL OF THEM are the right answer and ALL OF THEM came together to make the story complete (as complete as it was) regardless if it was cliche or w/e (because the new one isnt much better). And let me ask you then, which is the "primary" thing that you, and presumably so many other players, have seen and loved about Varus? Hm? Was it the VENGENCE part? Cuz that's completely original, you're right. Or was it how human he felt, that there was no actual right answer, no right step that he could take in his old lore and that's what made him so relatable, because that's how life is sometime, it just fucks you over no matter how you might decide to go about it.

BoxedBadger

Nível 234 (EUNE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão