Comentários de Rioters
: Because you dont end fast enough its the Yi balance problem lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Stwessed,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8gN68J9X,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2019-03-21T02:27:52.586+0000) > > Because you dont end fast enough its the Yi balance problem lol. 'Scuse me, since when is anyone's 2 item spike considered late game?
: DO NOT BUFF KAYLE
I see what you mean, but she just feels a little *too* weak.
: How Would You Propose to Make Any Percieved Unfair Champion More Fair
I made a post about Zed before. I also made one about Irelia. About Irelia I might've been wrong on a thing or two, but as far as Zed is concerned all I got was *REEEEEEE, WHY U DO DIS TO US*. There was maybe one constructive comment. So I have lost the will to even try. You either act as yet another useless echo chamber or inevitably get downvoted into the Abyss because you actually tried to suggest something. That is, unless you wrote a 5 page essay on it. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Xamar (NA)
: Who's your favorite champ you aren't good with?
Irelia. Ever since the rework I love playing her, but I always feed :(
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jb2eWNwx,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-24T03:41:02.489+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/9GI3wT2.png[] > > I forgot to build hp... > > Oh wait... > > https://i.imgur.com/ksstyTc.jpg[] > > Yea ok riot, keep telling us you want tanks to be in the game and that you are nerfing damage. > Until you address the issues facing them they will remain unplayable. The at worst second best melee carry tank shredder in the game shredded a tank when she was at full build. I don't see a problem friend. =)
> [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jb2eWNwx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:06:32.376+0000) > > The at worst second best melee carry tank shredder in the game shredded a tank when she was at full build. I don't see a problem friend. =) True Damage dealt by any champion at any stage of the game shouldn't exceed 33% *at best* regardless of circumstances
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLz4ZX82,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-19T09:13:48.326+0000) > > Those examples are fully armored, just like current Kayle. New Kayle? Yet another gruesomely out of place manifestation of "sex sells". IDK about the sex sells part. It's not like a lot of skin is showing. except when she has six wings (which tbh, should armor the fuck out of her instead.) No one claims Irelia's rework made her more sexily appealing. Minus those hips which riot has stated was because it makes her look better from the top down view league has (or they just wanted big ass, but who knows.)
> [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLz4ZX82,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-19T10:42:26.471+0000) > > IDK about the sex sells part. It's not like a lot of skin is showing. except when she has six wings (which tbh, should armor the fuck out of her instead.) No one claims Irelia's rework made her more sexily appealing. Minus those hips which riot has stated was because it makes her look better from the top down view league has (or they just wanted big ass, but who knows.) No, it's not a lot of skin, but it's means to the same end. Also, Irelia only shows her shoulders, nothing more.
Wofye (NA)
: I'm the only one who seems to actually enjoy the new design. Im not comparing her to her old self because this is a different iteration, its comparing 2 different characters for me. Im just happy she looks beautiful (save for giraffe neck thats kinda funny). I have never seen people complain about aether wing but i know that every kayle ive ever seen uses it over classic anyway, and she was still in character regardless. It seems really shady to me that people are complaining about this design.
> [{quoted}](name=Wofye,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AghKzAi9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-19T09:14:50.857+0000) > > I'm the only one who seems to actually enjoy the new design. Im not comparing her to her old self because this is a different iteration, its comparing 2 different characters for me. Im just happy she looks beautiful (save for giraffe neck thats kinda funny). I have never seen people complain about aether wing but i know that every kayle ive ever seen uses it over classic anyway, and she was still in character regardless. > > It seems really shady to me that people are complaining about this design. Aether Wing isn't revealing even if it isn't exactly armor either. I'm sure it just looks better in-game than the current classic one, which is heavily outdated. And, no, it's not comparing two different characters. She may have different lore and abilities brought up to today's standards, but she's still the same Kayle - a Righteous Angel of Justice, who hides her feminine features behind her armor - which is a necessary contrast with Morgana, aside from being a part of her identity.
: Dah heck, how is this Kayle aesthetically different to any of these examples?
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLz4ZX82,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T08:58:50.918+0000) > > Dah heck, how is this Kayle aesthetically different to any of these examples? Those examples are fully armored, just like current Kayle. New Kayle? Yet another gruesomely out of place manifestation of "sex sells".
: Okay can yall calm the f#@! down
I've tried to play her. I don't 'cause I just can't. She's one of them mechanical clusterfoxtrots I just can't come to terms with and can't learn. But that doesn't invalidate my opinion that she looks horribly. And I'm pretty sure at least 80% of Kayle mains are pissed.
Comentários de Rioters
: i saw dis on apex legends
> [{quoted}](name=KleptoCatz,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=sq0QMjwa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-18T12:15:32.552+0000) > > i saw dis on apex legends I made it after Wraith, who inpired me to make that concept. It does look similar, but isn't the exact same thing.
: How would the passive work? It seems to work with sound and a lot of players can't use sound(like me). And the numbers might be off a little, but otherwise, this would probably be a great champion.
> [{quoted}](name=MessyStuff,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=sq0QMjwa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-17T02:55:17.872+0000) > > How would the passive work? It seems to work with sound and a lot of players can't use sound(like me). And the numbers might be off a little, but otherwise, this would probably be a great champion. I thought about this - some visual could be scripted, like the screen darkening the same way it does when Rengar is in ult nearby. Come to think of it now many things in the game rely on sound ques (like dragon/baron being taken, Sion and Kled ults, etc) so a no-sound mode might be a good idea.
Comentários de Rioters
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: 4/5 votes to FF at 15min !!
We were down 10 or so kills by the 15 minute mark, even my premade wanted to surrender, but I used the dickhead maneuver and said "No". About 20 minutes later we literally wiped the floor with the enemy team *every single fight* and won.
: Can we have a Champ who can force enemies to attack each other?
That idea in particular depends on so many variables it's not even funny
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:45:22.955+0000) > > Ask society, not me. I have personally never heard any author being bashed for not knowing what they're talking about, my best guess is nobody cares. That's because there are a plenty of bad writers both men and women. And there are lots of amazing writers, both men and women. Good literature takes an effort to find, just like all nice things. Therefore, it is not fair to generalize authors because not all novels available on the free market are well-written. It's not fair to cherry-pick cheezy novels and claim that women want only perfect Ken boys, who smell like a thunderstorm, have the body of a Greek god (and somehow they have enough time to be omnipresent around their GF, even though a body like this requires hitting the gym several times a week), never snore, are always clean-shaven (and don't know the meaning of aftershave itch and skin irritation), tireless in bed even though their skintight pants should be ruining them day by day, and will lovingly deal with any bullshit from their bland, average wallflower girlfriend. The same is with the male authors. The article doesn't say "this author doesn't know what he is writing about", it goes straight after men in general even though it is built on cherry picking poor descriptions and exaggerations. So it is as trustworthy and "fact-based" as a local hobo with "The voices in my head ask for beer money" sign.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T11:30:23.527+0000) > > That's because there are a plenty of bad writers both men and women. And there are lots of amazing writers, both men and women. Good literature takes an effort to find, just like all nice things. Therefore, it is not fair to generalize authors because not all novels available on the free market are well-written. > > It's not fair to cherry-pick cheezy novels and claim that women want only perfect Ken boys, who smell like a thunderstorm, have the body of a Greek god (and somehow they have enough time to be omnipresent around their GF, even though a body like this requires hitting the gym several times a week), never snore, are always clean-shaven (and don't know the meaning of aftershave itch and skin irritation), tireless in bed even though their skintight pants should be ruining them day by day, and will lovingly deal with any bullshit from their bland, average wallflower girlfriend. > > The same is with the male authors. > The article doesn't say "this author doesn't know what he is writing about", it goes straight after men in general even though it is built on cherry picking poor descriptions and exaggerations. So it is as trustworthy and "fact-based" as a local hobo with "The voices in my head ask for beer money" sign. All that I gladly agree on.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T19:34:39.226+0000) > > I'm not saying they do either :D So, why women (at least, the majority) are not bashed for not knowing what are they talking about?
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T20:04:31.322+0000) > > So, why women (at least, the majority) are not bashed for not knowing what are they talking about? Ask society, not me. I have personally never heard any author being bashed for not knowing what they're talking about, my best guess is nobody cares.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T16:21:08.554+0000) > > Pretty sure those are 90% males who've never worn a bra, let alone one made of hardened steel and never felt the pain it brings. Which literally confirms the point of the article I linked - that males (at least the majority) have no idea what the heck they're talking about. Read a female romance novel and tell me that women have any idea how men work.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T19:08:17.491+0000) > > Read a female romance novel and tell me that women have any idea how men work. I'm not saying they do either :D
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T16:17:46.704+0000) > > Sylas' design appeals to me, however I am also aware that it contrasts with his backstory. > > What irks me is all these people trying to convince me that boobplates are actually a thing for battle, and comfortable nonetheless. Pretty sure those are 90% males who've never worn a bra, let alone one made of hardened steel and never felt the pain it brings. Which literally confirms the point of the article I linked - that males (at least the majority) have no idea what the heck they're talking about.
: I'll never understand why people can't accept that this is a fantasy game and that some things are going to happen in it that don't happen in real life. What about Yordles huh? "That's not how hamsters work in real life!" Undead people? "Its so disrespectful to the dead to reanimate them, why are they in the game?" How about whatever you would call Urgot? "Humans can't survive with six shotgun knees!" Hell, what about men? "Why would Rakan be diving into battle WITH NO ARMOR?!? How could Garen carry that huge sword one-handed? Totally unrealistic GG Riot" Its a video game. Unless the function is fundamental to gameplay, developers will choose form over function in their designs 9 times out of 10. And that's fine. _Because its not real. Its for fun._
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-11T15:11:09.607+0000) > > I'll never understand why people can't accept that this is a fantasy game and that some things are going to happen in it that don't happen in real life. > > What about Yordles huh? "That's not how hamsters work in real life!" Undead people? "Its so disrespectful to the dead to reanimate them, why are they in the game?" How about whatever you would call Urgot? "Humans can't survive with six shotgun knees!" > > Hell, what about men? "Why would Rakan be diving into battle WITH NO ARMOR?!? How could Garen carry that huge sword one-handed? Totally unrealistic GG Riot" > > Its a video game. Unless the function is fundamental to gameplay, developers will choose form over function in their designs 9 times out of 10. And that's fine. _Because its not real. Its for fun._ It's not like I'm questioning Yordles or undead creatures. I'm questioning Riot's reasoning in creating purely ***human*** characters even if they have special, unrealistic abilities. I'm questioning why stuff like Kai'Sa's entire appearance happened. Why the majority of armored female characters wear boob plates when even people who are experts in this area say boob plates are dumb and completely opposite to what armor is supposed to do? I'm not questioning why Leona calls down a concentrated ray of sunlight in a small area, I'm asking why she's wearing heels, boob plate and long hair in combat - 'cause she's far from a rookie, she's a trained fighter. I'm not questioning why Braum can shoot a shockwave (or whatever it is) out of his shield, I'm asking why he's naked from the waist up in negative degree weather, very likely in the two digits. No, Sion is undead and couldn't care less about armor/clothing, so don't even bother bringing that one up. Hells, I'm not even asking why Garen and Darius can swing their weapons around with such ease given their size and weight. If you want a human character to be recognized as such then they should look the part and be accurately clothed/armored. I'm not asking for magic to be removed because it doesn't exist. Stop derailing the discussion, will you? The majority of people have literally gone out of their way to mention stuff that has **nothing** to do with what I'm trying to discuss. And you're one of them.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1PTQV129,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-11T09:16:16.047+0000) > > To answer your question about why the shield doesn't match the splash art I'll have to explain basic 3D modelling as best as I can (I'm not a pro in the sphere myself). > > 3D models are created using the so-called "polygons". Each of these is made up of a dynamic number of triangles, called "faces". The most basic shapes are created using just two faces for each polygon, but the more complex the shape is (such as Pantheon's shield) the higher number of faces and polygons you'll need to construct it. If you want to make the shape as smooth as possible, then you gonna need a very high polygon count and, obviously, the higher the polygon count - the more GPU (graphics card) and CPU power you'll need to use that model in-game. > > How does that tie into Pantheon's shield? Older computers were slower and had a much lower "render complexity ceiling" (I'm putting this term into quotes because I'm not sure it exists among graphic designers and ITs, I just made it on the fly) than today's computers. Therefore, to let your game run smoothly on the vast majority of PCs you'd need to use models that are as low-poly (-poly being an abbreviation for polygons) as possible and as little/least detailed visual effects as you can without making it look absolutely ugly. It's basically achieving the perfect balance between quality and quantity. > > It's also the reason why in the Awaken cinematic each character's model (especially Draven's because of his beard and the fur on his outfit) probably has a polygon count literally in the seven digit numbers, i.e. > 1 000 000+ polygons, in order for them to look so incredibly detailed. The in-game graphics *could* all be brought to that level, but not only is this probably going to take years to achieve, how many players do you think possess gaming PCs capable of rendering this level of details in real time at even 30 FPS, let alone 60 or more? I'm not asking for him to look completely like his splash art (since we all know that Riot still doesn't do it very accurately but they're improving), but, I'm pretty sure they have the technology to re-do his model today.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1PTQV129,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-02-11T14:57:04.144+0000) > > I'm not asking for him to look completely like his splash art (since we all know that Riot still doesn't do it very accurately but they're improving), but, I'm pretty sure they have the technology to re-do his model today. They do and they can bring it up to today's standards, the most recent example being Sylas, who will soon be followed by Kayle & Morgana.
: For a champion with a splash art that doesn't make you feel like it's from Leagues early days
To answer your question about why the shield doesn't match the splash art I'll have to explain basic 3D modelling as best as I can (I'm not a pro in the sphere myself). 3D models are created using the so-called "polygons". Each of these is made up of a dynamic number of triangles, called "faces". The most basic shapes are created using just two faces for each polygon, but the more complex the shape is (such as Pantheon's shield) the higher number of faces and polygons you'll need to construct it. If you want to make the shape as smooth as possible, then you gonna need a very high polygon count and, obviously, the higher the polygon count - the more GPU (graphics card) and CPU power you'll need to use that model in-game. How does that tie into Pantheon's shield? Older computers were slower and had a much lower "render complexity ceiling" (I'm putting this term into quotes because I'm not sure it exists among graphic designers and ITs, I just made it on the fly) than today's computers. Therefore, to let your game run smoothly on the vast majority of PCs you'd need to use models that are as low-poly (-poly being an abbreviation for polygons) as possible and as little/least detailed visual effects as you can without making it look absolutely ugly. It's basically achieving the perfect balance between quality and quantity. It's also the reason why in the Awaken cinematic each character's model (especially Draven's because of his beard and the fur on his outfit) probably has a polygon count literally in the seven digit numbers, i.e. 1 000 000+ polygons, in order for them to look so incredibly detailed. The in-game graphics *could* all be brought to that level, but not only is this probably going to take years to achieve, how many players do you think possess gaming PCs capable of rendering this level of details in real time at even 30 FPS, let alone 60 or more?
: i love how you start to extend it to other things once you get called out on it instead of starting your post with it and you still only care about looks for some reason, heres the thing with video games, i know it might be a bit hard to understand at first but, they are fucking games that are meant to look good not be realistic I dont want to see every champ looking like actual garbage for some weird sense of realism.
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000b000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T17:33:07.941+0000) > > i love how you start to extend it to other things once you get called out on it instead of starting your post with it and you still only care about looks for some reason, heres the thing with video games, i know it might be a bit hard to understand at first but, they are fucking games that are meant to look good not be realistic I dont want to see every champ looking like actual garbage for some weird sense of realism. You know, human champions don't have to look like garbage to be realistic. But what am I getting called out on? I'm saying some characters are badly written. I just use the cinematic because the 3D models are stupidly detailed and details stick out, in-game you can attract some of those to the old school graphics. Or what, you want me to go after the male ones? Sure, I can begin from Sylas, the man who ate rats for 15 years, chained in prison, and still came out buff AF and perfectly shaven. Also, I know it's a bit hard to understand, but a human has to look and behave like one to be recognized as being a human.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000800010000,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:58:39.018+0000) > > He's being sarcastic because, oh my, what if female characters averaged B/C cups instead of D+ and not, uh... What was the "term"? Oh, yeah, weren't all "thicc". Awaken literally had people make remarks about Irelia just because she suddenly looks human instead of a generic face. ???? How the fuck is Irelia not an A with that face? She looks nice asf. Not that I'm complaining.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T18:41:14.649+0000) > > ???? How the fuck is Irelia not an A with that face? She looks nice asf. Not that I'm complaining. I love her cinematic look, *especially* her face. Some people don't apparently. One of them is imaqtpie, though I couldn't bear to watch his entire reaction, so he may simply have had a hard time realizing it's her. Still, here's a drinking game - down a shot every time he switches between the cinematic and Irelia's classic splash art {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: He doesn't sustain Kryptonite, why isn't he wearing an anti-kryptonite suit or a plate of material to focus solar radiation which he needs to run better? Can we talk about Sylas being imprisoned for 15 years, chained on a wall, eating rats and being the most fit guy in Demacia with also a perfect beard shave?
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000a000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T17:34:49.032+0000) > > He doesn't sustain Kryptonite, why isn't he wearing an anti-kryptonite suit or a plate of material to focus solar radiation which he needs to run better? > > Can we talk about Sylas being imprisoned for 15 years, chained on a wall, eating rats and being the most fit guy in Demacia with also a perfect beard shave? On Superman I can't comment since I know nothing more than what I already mentioned, but Sylas is a multilayer problem. They wanted a champion to use chains for his weapons and for that he'd need to be buff. In the lore he could escape and then recover for a long period of time (years) and fix it. But if they showed a bearded, skeleton looking guy in the trailer, and then the free Sylas, players would be wondering who he is. An effect made worse by the fact that not everyone reads the lore and won't make the connection. The trailer could've had a different setting, or Sylas could've used his magic to swing the chains around (therefore he wouldn't have to be buff). There were ways to "fix" the inconsistences, but Riot didn't go that way.
: The thing is that since the era of politically correct, it's been an arms race at who could discover discrimination/sexualization/maschilism/misoginy in every possible aspect of life and blame it on society/gameindustry/every man. There is even an article about how Friends had gay jokes and none of them was of color. I'm freaking tired of seeing things to be bent in order to fit the "correctiveness policy" so just we can end up with things like Solo and Episode VIII. Excuse the vent, I just wanted to clearly show why I cannot stand anymore all these arguments about "it appelas to the male fantasy" stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T17:30:42.644+0000) > > The thing is that since the era of politically correct, it's been an arms race at who could discover discrimination/sexualization/maschilism/misoginy in every possible aspect of life and blame it on society/gameindustry/every man. There is even an article about how Friends had gay jokes and none of them was of color. I'm freaking tired of seeing things to be bent in order to fit the "correctiveness policy" so just we can end up with things like Solo and Episode VIII. > > Excuse the vent, I just wanted to clearly show why I cannot stand anymore all these arguments about "it appelas to the male fantasy" stuff. I get it, if I read about the Friends jokes myself I'd probably be fuming as well. All things are good when balanced and when they make sense, but - as you said - the era of political correctness has gone far beyond what would be considered balanced. Like a Twitch streamer getting banned because they said there's only two genders. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: No I'm just syaing that there is no need to demonize boob plate, especially when there is dingdong armor too in real life. It's like telling Superman that his outfit doesn't make sense and should wear anti-kriptonite stuff instead of a full body aderent suit. It's just how things are, we are not talking about a japanese game with stamp-like bikini armor that barely covers nips.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000a0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T17:22:39.252+0000) > > No I'm just syaing that there is no need to demonize boob plate, especially when there is dingdong armor too in real life. > > It's like telling Superman that his outfit doesn't make sense and should wear anti-kriptonite stuff instead of a full body aderent suit. It's just how things are, we are not talking about a japanese game with stamp-like bikini armor that barely covers nips. You do realize Superman is called that because his body is capable of sustaining a hell of a lot more than an ordinary person could ever hope to, right? Unlike a Braum he doesn't need it. He can literally punch his way through a concrete wall, FFS. All Braum has is a giant gate to use as a shield and minor magical abilities, which aren't defensive either (Q and R).
: Since it became a problem that a fantasy world with a space lizard that burps stars displays "unrealistic" armor for females because beeeeewbs and sexism.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:54:53.555+0000) > > Since it became a problem that a fantasy world with a space lizard that burps stars displays "unrealistic" armor for females because beeeeewbs and sexism. Because human characters aren't human if they don't look or behave like one. This one has nothing to do with sexualization, but I guess that boob plate segment backfired :(
: stop going back to that because thats not what realism is used as by a majority of people, magic isnt real and thus isnt realistic(who could of known) you dont say "yea but it uses fire and fire is real sooooooooo" nobody says that because its stretching for a nonexistent point. so again tell me how you arent nitpicking this and dont care about literally every other inconsistency between lol and real life because as it stands you still just only care about your own agenda and are using "realism" as a point to back it up when it even goes against what you are saying if you thought about your own bs for longer than 5 seconds
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000b0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:50:51.374+0000) > > stop going back to that because thats not what realism is used as by a majority of people, magic isnt real and thus isnt realistic(who could of known) you dont say "yea but it uses fire and fire is real sooooooooo" nobody says that because its stretching for a nonexistent point. > > so again tell me how you arent nitpicking this and dont care about literally every other inconsistency between lol and real life because as it stands you still just only care about your own agenda and are using "realism" as a point to back it up when it even goes against what you are saying if you thought about your own bs for longer than 5 seconds All I'm trying to say is Irelia shouldn't have such long hair (or if she does it would have to be made sure it doesn't get in the way) because, as someone pointed out, it acts like a plank in the cinematic, which is *supposed* to look realistic animation wise. Yasuo shouldn't have that pauldron, Akali wouldn't last a second fighting the Noxian army because she'd get stabbed in her bare back instantly. Camille is out if the question since she's basically a sentient machine by now. In-game Riot gets away with such small details, but in an extremely high fidelity 3D animation such details stick out. Why do you think all Akali does is hop onto Sion's shoulder, blow a smoke cannister and run? In a cinematic every fight has to be detailed and the artists literally have no idea what to do that wouldn't have people wondering "WTF?", 'cause that hulk of pure muscle can just swing that huge axe in an arch and slice everyone but Kennen in half. Without distracting him so someone can repeatedly hit him in the back they can't even touch him, so they lucked out that Kennen even showed up to blow his face off. And still there were some who questioned Sion's charge in regards to Irelia being able to just step out of the way and not get hit. Yeah, the article only outlines female characters, but my point extends to all human characters. Braum could still look attractive and manly while clothed. Sion doesn't need clothing or Armor 'cause he's undead, i.e. not really human anymore and couldn't care less. He makes it very clear with his voice lines that injuries cause him no pain. And since he's undead I'm pretty sure he has a way to heal himself. Realism where it *makes sense*, not everywhere just 'cause. You're acting like I'm on a holy crusade or something.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:44:40.590+0000) > > I'll have to remind people here of something: *breasts are essentially jello*. > > Therefore, a woman doesn't need a plate shaped exactly like her breasts. It just needs to be a single piece slightly curved outwards to accommodate the additional chest mass. No matter how much factual proof you throw in their faces they won't listen. Like a certain type of people, but I'm not gonna mention them because that's bound to derail the discussion and then the mods will have my head for dinner xD
: because the v-neck wasnt the problem with kai'sa it was her terrible lore that made people mad which you know is kinda apart of the game and not some obscure part of life and dont try to divert it to a half assed philosophy lesson i asked you why you only care about this one thing instead of the rest of the inconsistencies with the game and real life, hell you should even be arguing for kai'sa looking closer to how she would in real life due to the void not existing here
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:34:04.425+0000) > > because the v-neck wasnt the problem with kai'sa it was her terrible lore that made people mad which you know is kinda apart of the game and not some obscure part of life > > and dont try to divert it to a half assed philosophy lesson i asked you why you only care about this one thing instead of the rest of the inconsistencies with the game and real life, hell you should even be arguing for kai'sa looking closer to how she would in real life due to the void not existing here Bruh, I never argued for 100% pure realism to begin with, neither am I nitpicking. And don't try to lie to me, I've read the posts on the v-neck and the lore, the whole outcry was followed by Riot apologising for trying to make her look human by giving her a v-neck and promising that they'd never do that again. As to the "half-assed philosophy lesson", you said I'm trying to stick realism into a video game, well realism is inherently there, always. It's also hard science, not philosophy. If you don't believe me try and make up the appearance of a character without using *anything* you've seen in your life. Good luck.
: this is a pretty shitty post and article so this shouldnt of even gotten any attention in the first place, but seeing as you think a video game should be based on reality how about we just remove literally every instance of magic used in the game, the monsters that are in the jungle, and the women too seeing as women weren't combatants you dont get to cherry pick something that you dont like and not list everything else. you arent standing by reason you just want to serve your own agenda. and wtf even is that article name it looks like something you would find off of buzzfeed or some tumblr account
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:18:15.185+0000) > > this is a pretty shitty post and article so this shouldnt of even gotten any attention in the first place, but seeing as you think a video game should be based on reality how about we just remove literally every instance of magic used in the game, the monsters that are in the jungle, and the women too seeing as women weren't combatants > > you dont get to cherry pick something that you dont like and not list everything else. you arent standing by reason you just want to serve your own agenda. and wtf even is that article name it looks like something you would find off of buzzfeed or some tumblr account Then why did people cry out loud about Kai'Sa's v-neck? Was it because it wouldn't be *cough* realistic *cough* for someone fighting their whole life to survive in the Void to look even remotely attractive? Because it would be more *cough* realistic *cough* for her to be bruised, to have scars, and that the bodysuit should always cover her entire body? *Every single game* is based on reality. *Anything* the human brain is capable of "making up" is based on reality. You see a human and a dog, then you mix 'em up to create Nasus. If you had never seen a dog or a human Nasus wouldn't exist as a character. Same goes for any fictional character, not just LoL. Even though I don't wanna go that way, even god is portrayed as a human, because the human brain can't make something out of nothing.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:22:06.770+0000) > > Yeah, totally why knights used to have a second person, who carried their equipment for them, because the armor was so heavy. As for why Yasuo isn't being called out on his pauldron... I dunno. That's because there is no point to call out something that never meant to be realistic to begin with. In a fantasy setting, it is possible to be flashy, demonstrative and illogical as long as it doesn't break the established laws of the fantasy universe. Hell, lots of gamer guys strip their male in-game persona down to their underwear to run around and explode stuff - just because they can and it's fun. People are criticized for wanting escapism, but they need it. Players are usually fully aware of what they can and cannot do in the real life, and that what makes them appreciate games so much.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T16:09:30.880+0000) > > That's because there is no point to call out something that never meant to be realistic to begin with. > > In a fantasy setting, it is possible to be flashy, demonstrative and illogical as long as it doesn't break the established laws of the fantasy universe. Hell, lots of gamer guys strip their male in-game persona down to their underwear to run around and explode stuff - just because they can and it's fun. > > People are criticized for wanting escapism, but they need it. Players are usually fully aware of what they can and cannot do in the real life, and that what makes them appreciate games so much. Even if not realistic it's still bad design. They could've given him something, like an artifact, which signified him as a user of the Wind Technique - not realistic, but makes a hell of a lot of sense than an abnormally huge pauldron with no purpose other than threatening to cut his face.
: > [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:01:37.716+0000) > > Ban the female silhouette because it's sexist and not based on realism. > > Most females are overweight and look like trolls, so this is not based in reality and needs to be changed. > > Why is it a problem?`Because you decide it is? Fantasy needs to be FANTASTIC. Realism is complementary to a good fantasy, but fantasy absolutely needs to deviate from reality. I don't know if you're serious or isarcastic with the first statement, but in case you're serious, most females aren't obese and don't look like trolls.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:44:08.196+0000) > > I don't know if you're serious or isarcastic with the first statement, but in case you're serious, most females aren't obese and don't look like trolls. He's being sarcastic because, oh my, what if female characters averaged B/C cups instead of D+ and not, uh... What was the "term"? Oh, yeah, weren't all "thicc". Awaken literally had people make remarks about Irelia just because she suddenly looks human instead of a generic face.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:16:52.369+0000) > > On a human, who's nothing but a samurai? It's a problem 'cause it would it's dead weight on his shoulder and a potential obstacle for his movements. A samurai that shoots tornados out of his weapon and literally bends wind to his will does not follow the rules a normal human would.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:42:14.899+0000) > > A samurai that shoots tornados out of his weapon and literally bends wind to his will does not follow the rules a normal human would. His *body* isn't any different than that of a normal human nonetheless, unless you're telling me he can resist being torn apart by a sword.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T14:51:11.359+0000) > > Garen has trained all his life, he'd be muscular in any case. No training in the world would require a soldier to wear the clunky and chunky armor that Garen wears. A warrior should be durable, but carrying like +80 kilos of extra weight is counterproductive. It's the same reason why really huge swords like estocs were used by horsemen: they were heavy and impossible to swing on your own. > Yasuo's pauldron is just idiotic and a problem too. Why isn't it called out then? Why are people so suddenly chill about it?
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T14:59:22.295+0000) > > No training in the world would require a soldier to wear the clunky and chunky armor that Garen wears. A warrior should be durable, but carrying like +80 kilos of extra weight is counterproductive. It's the same reason why really huge swords like estocs were used by horsemen: they were heavy and impossible to swing on your own. > > Why isn't it called out then? Why are people so suddenly chill about it? Yeah, totally why knights used to have a second person, who carried their equipment for them, because the armor was so heavy. As for why Yasuo isn't being called out on his pauldron... I dunno.
: Ban the female silhouette because it's sexist and not based on realism. Most females are overweight and look like trolls, so this is not based in reality and needs to be changed. > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T14:51:11.359+0000) > > Garen has trained all his life, he'd be muscular in any case. Probably less of a walking buff model, but still. Yasuo's pauldron is just idiotic and a problem too. Why is it a problem?`Because you decide it is? Fantasy needs to be FANTASTIC. Realism is complementary to a good fantasy, but fantasy absolutely needs to deviate from reality.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-02-10T15:01:37.716+0000) > > Ban the female silhouette because it's sexist and not based on realism. > > Most females are overweight and look like trolls, so this is not based in reality and needs to be changed. > > Why is it a problem?`Because you decide it is? Fantasy needs to be FANTASTIC. Realism is complementary to a good fantasy, but fantasy absolutely needs to deviate from reality. On a human, who's nothing but a samurai? It's a problem 'cause it's dead weight on his shoulder and a potential obstacle for his movements.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-10T10:24:42.403+0000) > > Dude. > > You're ranting about ceremonial armor being used in battle. > > It wasn't. > > LoL armored champions *do* fight. Ceremonial armor isn't built for that. Almost every LOL armored champ wears something akin to a ceremonial armor rather than battle armor. The few ones who do wear casual armor are the ones that the players ask to rework because they look dull and boring compared to the new champs. Go figure.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-10T14:39:08.101+0000) > > Almost every LOL armored champ wears something akin to a ceremonial armor rather than battle armor. The few ones who do wear casual armor are the ones that the players ask to rework because they look dull and boring compared to the new champs. > > Go figure. You could still make combat armor look good. It's lack of imagination if Riot didn't.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-10T11:20:50.869+0000) > > Since when are basic physiological/physics/military facts feminism? The article has *nothing* to do with feminism, it's just that often times writers have no clue what they're talking about, which is why errors occur and the characters don't look/sound realistic and do things they never would IRL. If all men went out to criticize the lovey-dovey-hot-rich-and-poetic-princes women describe in their novels, it would be a hella long list. Also, their criticism would be shut down for "attacking female fantasy" and "justifying their toxic masculinity" or something. Also, I've read nearly the same descriptions of female characters that are criticized in the article in the novels written by female authors. Because some people can't write for shit regardless of their sex. > It might be a fantasy game, but even though Lux is a Mage, her body is still completely human and fully obeys all natural laws. There are very few LoL characters who don't, such as Xerath and the Shadow Isles champions. What about Garen's body? What about the guy whose pauldron serves no purpose and is quite likely to split his face in half? {{champion:157}}
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T14:36:24.303+0000) > > If all men went out to criticize the lovey-dovey-hot-rich-and-poetic-princes women describe in their novels, it would be a hella long list. Also, their criticism would be shut down for "attacking female fantasy" and "justifying their toxic masculinity" or something. > > Also, I've read nearly the same descriptions of female characters that are criticized in the article in the novels written by female authors. Because some people can't write for shit regardless of their sex. > > What about Garen's body? What about the guy whose pauldron serves no purpose and is quite likely to split his face in half? {{champion:157}} Garen has trained all his life, he'd be muscular in any case. Probably less of a walking buff model, but still. Yasuo's pauldron is just idiotic and a problem too.
: To call something unrealistic you'd first need something to compare it to from real life. There were no women armor (not counting some funky nobility duels which almost never happened between women) so you can't really use that argument. Improbable would be a better word. Besides, league is not just some fantasy, it's high fantasy, where gods walk among mortals and powerful mages can roll over continents. This type of armor should be the least of your worries if you want this game to be more realistic. I also like how you use term "boob-plate" as if it's an actual scientific name of the type of fantasy armor that has... additional space for female bosom. You, and people who share your sickly mindset throw this word around because it's easier to lash out against one simple word than needing to correctly articulate your point using proper descriptions.
> [{quoted}](name=Curious Melody,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-10T13:28:29.760+0000) > > To call something unrealistic you'd first need something to compare it to from real life. > There were no women armor (not counting some funky nobility duels which almost never happened between women) so you can't really use that argument. Improbable would be a better word. > Besides, league is not just some fantasy, it's high fantasy, where gods walk among mortals and powerful mages can roll over continents. This type of armor should be the least of your worries if you want this game to be more realistic. > I also like how you use term "boob-plate" as if it's an actual scientific name of the type of fantasy armor that has... additional space for female bosom. You, and people who share your sickly mindset throw this word around because it's easier to lash out against one simple word than needing to correctly articulate your point using proper descriptions. >To call something unrealistic you'd first need something to compare it to from real life. We're talking human armor in general. Runeterra is supposedly set in its version of the Middle Ages (or somewhere around that time period), where the military is comprised of plate armored men and women. And women during the IRL Middle Ages averaged below C cups. *Any* time period before the 1920s or so had most of its women almost flat chested on average. Only afterwards did women begin to give a damn about their breast size or shape. Therefore LoL characters, with a few exception here and there (such as Evelynn, Elise and MF), wouldn't have boobs or boob plates (they'd be Rivens one could say). They'd wear the exact same armor as a male soldier, there's more than enough space in it to fit. >Besides, League is not just some fantasy, it's high fantasy, where gods walk among mortals and powerful mages can roll over continents. Excuse me, who is even remotely talking about the non-human characters at all? Also, no matter how powerful a Mage is, they'd still wear armor in battle because they're still human, thus even a subpar soldier, who caught them by surprise, could end them. Unless they're Xerath or a Shadow Isles Spirit I guess. >I also like how you use term "boob-plate" as if it's an actual scientific name of the type of fantasy armor that has... additional space for female bosom. Firstly, fantasy armor would be the Demacian one due to the magic resistant materials used, but against conventional weapons it's just ordinary plate armor. No other faction on Runeterra is said to have any kind of special armor, that isn't just fancy plate/leather armor.
Zyranium (EUW)
: Feminists really ruins anything that is fun, for them everything is problematic. Just let people be ffs, we're talking about a video game with undead characters, eldritch creatures destroying the world and we have mermaids.
> [{quoted}](name=Zyranium,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-10T11:00:07.848+0000) > > Feminists really ruins anything that is fun, for them everything is problematic. > > Just let people be ffs, we're talking about a video game with undead characters, eldritch creatures destroying the world and we have mermaids. Since when are basic physiological/physics/military facts feminism? The article has *nothing* to do with feminism, it's just that often times writers have no clue what they're talking about, which is why errors occur and the characters don't look/sound realistic and do things they never would IRL. It might be a fantasy game, but even though Lux is a Mage, her body is still completely human and fully obeys all natural laws. There are very few LoL characters who don't, such as Xerath and the Shadow Isles champions.
: I won't turn off adblock to read article on page that has woke in name...
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wxIVYlJ0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-10T09:18:19.996+0000) > > I won't turn off adblock to read article on page that has woke in name... Fair enough :D But it isn't a dangerous site.
Comentários de Rioters
: ASLEEP | League of Legends Cinematic
Moe laughing while dashing through the hundreds of dead Noxians killed me {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Ok silver players know enough about the game to play decently, however a vast majority of them are so self absorbed that they dont want to focus on winning the game. They play for kda and when they dont get a perfect kda they flame anything that they can. Yesterday I was playing a few games with my zed main friend (hes pretty toxic but usually I can reel him in before it gets bad) anyways we had a varus adc and an ashe support. By the end of the game they were like 8 something kills maybe and 22 deaths. My friend was pretty salty that they were playing poorly so he told them to stop chasing the enemy team because they kept getting baited. Anyways the Ashe support responds by all caps YOU HAVENT PLACED A WARD THE ENTIRE F***** GAME blah blah blah. My buddy had like 25-30 vision score by like 25 min or something like that. TLDR Silver players are so stupid. Dont worry I am one myself
> [{quoted}](name=ApollyonBainer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vWaUbhaB,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-07T21:08:05.652+0000) > > Ok silver players know enough about the game to play decently, however a vast majority of them are so self absorbed that they dont want to focus on winning the game. They play for kda and when they dont get a perfect kda they flame anything that they can. > > Yesterday I was playing a few games with my zed main friend (hes pretty toxic but usually I can reel him in before it gets bad) anyways we had a varus adc and an ashe support. By the end of the game they were like 8 something kills maybe and 22 deaths. My friend was pretty salty that they were playing poorly so he told them to stop chasing the enemy team because they kept getting baited. Anyways the Ashe support responds by all caps YOU HAVENT PLACED A WARD THE ENTIRE F***** GAME blah blah blah. My buddy had like 25-30 vision score by like 25 min or something like that. > > TLDR Silver players are so stupid. Dont worry I am one myself I know what you mean, I get people who won't listen and blame others all the time. Though it was a normal game, we got a Jax mid. He lost vs Lux 'cause he's bad, but was being toxic and kept complaining about Lux being a no-skill champion xD Still, if people just focused on the discussion instead of trying to kill it using the poster's rank - that'd be great.
Akrid415 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=heroikc,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7KhkiF8d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-06T05:09:51.858+0000) > > Yeah, most marksman tops are like that. There's gotta be a counter to it. I hate cheesy shit like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7KhkiF8d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-06T05:35:49.810+0000) > > There's gotta be a counter to it. I hate cheesy shit like that. Quinn? Though maybe she won't work against everyone, but... That gal can be *scaaaaryyy* :D
: Tier1 towers
I have an idea - remove plating Gold, but let the turret start *very* tanky (250+ resists) and lose a portion of its tankiness as plates are destroyed. Then let the turret keep the level of resistances they have when plating expires for the next 5-10 minutes.
Exibir mais

ExpStealer

Nível 93 (EUNE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão