: The state of the report system
When the main goal of the system is to punish mainly people using the chat you cant expect anything else, i was once passionate about this game and this is why i was frustrated when someone just be in my ranked games and feed or do what they want and ofc i lost my account( i haven't use extreme words or anything, but after 14 if you get reported you lose), i haven't trolled, my win rate with my most played champs was 50% and more( you can still check it in opgg) but yeah i lost my account cuz i was trying my best every game and every second game someone decide to troll, cuz "my champ is banned" or some other bs reason like that. Riot created this toxic environment with their stupid system, so enjoy trolls, at least people do not use the chat that much anymore
Nagake (EUNE)
: Perma banned for a single insult while being the one that was insulted all game
the worst thing is , people are losing their accounts for bs like this,while if you just troll you can go undetected by the amazing ban system riot has.... the garbage system turned ranked into a clown fiesta and no one take it seriously, people troll and leave games like there is not tomorrow, but dont you dare say anything in the chat or else....
rujitra (NA)
: Once you have been negative and they have to mute you, you've already made the game worse, and it is harder for the team to communicate. Muting is a bandaid, not a solution or excuse.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gene6EAK,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:44:13.609+0000) > > Once you have been negative and they have to mute you, you've already made the game worse, and it is harder for the team to communicate. > > Muting is a bandaid, not a solution or excuse. so, one's game play is irrelevant ? no matter how much someone try to win, it do not matter if they are giving their 110% or 0 %, as long as they make your game worse via chat, nothing else matter... do you think the game will be better if no one tries to win, but have 100% positive chat? the problem is, if 1 player wants to win and give their best and others just do whatever, how can you stay positive and fart rainbows in chat all the time
rujitra (NA)
: No, trying to win should not permit you to make someone else go through 30+ minutes of hell having to watch you be a jerk.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gene6EAK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:36:41.728+0000) > > No, trying to win should not permit you to make someone else go through 30+ minutes of hell having to watch you be a jerk. So , you are saying, being negative means someone go through 30 min of hell?? and maybe you and others do not know , but riot have this new feature, called mute..... so ... someone should not go through 30 min of hell( in case of chat of course).
Comentários de Rioters
: In the past Riot tried long-term chat bans, and it resulted in an unacceptably large increase in non-chat toxicity from those players who had chat bans. Enough players who want to be toxic *will* find ways to do so that it's simply more efficient to remove people from the community when they show they have no interest in following the rules.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MnnLptPX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-29T17:58:49.118+0000) > > In the past Riot tried long-term chat bans, and it resulted in an unacceptably large increase in non-chat toxicity from those players who had chat bans. sooo... you admit that the so called experiment actually lower the chat toxicity... isn't that what actually the experiment was for, so in a way .. it wasn't actually fail?? Maybe, just maybe it's time riot to actually focus on the trolls and do something and stop coming with excuse "well we better ban the players that use the chat", then actually trying and doing something better to punish the guys that cannot be muted"..... or yeah, just keep perma banning the guys that use the chat and do not make the game any less toxic, or i am mistaken that the game is getting more and more toxic with the amazing system riot have right now....., i guess it could be only me.
: Sure... I'm trolling. Let me ask you something. Do you think people are more likely to speak Danish on a European (EUW) server? If so, then you don't have a leg to stand on. Because newsflash, not every European person has to bend to the whims of the english people that decided arbitrarily that one of their words are toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=00160000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T11:16:36.908+0000) > > Sure... I'm trolling. > > Let me ask you something. > > Do you think people are more likely to speak Danish on a European (EUW) server? > > If so, then you don't have a leg to stand on. Because newsflash, not every European person has to bend to the whims of the english people that decided arbitrarily that one of their words are toxic. what IF .... every one taht say kys to you , actually means kiss in danish , but you just want to see the bad in people and want to report them? so they sent you kisses and you think they want you to kill ur self, everything is what you want to see in the situation, now you know kys = kiss so why dont you take it as people saying kiss and be a little happier. kiss your sister keep yourself save kiss your siblings Keep Your Socks! Koala's Yogurt Sux i bet you see all these for a simple kill your self maybe start seeing kys as something like kiss and it wont bother you anymore
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: The thing is, they don't instantly get perma banned They get perma banned if they break the rules after multiple warnings, they're even told on the 14 day ban reform card that the next punishment is a permanent one If they constantly break the rules, then yes, perma ban is the solution You don't get jailed for shop lifting once, but if you make it a habit and do it multiple times, you will be punished harshly And dunno about you, but crossing on red lights doesn't get you jailed instantly, meanwhile killing someone etc will get you instantly jailed. I don't really see how those can be compared, but okay ig And if you abuse the chat, you will get chat banned 1st, you'll have 2 chat related punishments, but if you keep breaking the rules constantly after that, you will get punished more harshly because if you don't want to reform, why should you be treated nicely? You don't get punished for just being passive aggressive. You get punished for breaking the rules and violating the ToU And if you don't want to lose your account, don't break the rules The perma ban is there for a reason, it's there to scare people from breaking the rules. Because losing the account you've spent money and time on hurts really much, as it should because it's the harshest punishment you can basically get in the game
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uo2fIb4w,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-28T08:42:05.856+0000) > > The thing is, they don't instantly get perma banned > They get perma banned if they break the rules after multiple warnings, they're even told on the 14 day ban reform card that the next punishment is a permanent one > If they constantly break the rules, then yes, perma ban is the solution > > You don't get jailed for shop lifting once, but if you make it a habit and do it multiple times, you will be punished harshly > And dunno about you, but crossing on red lights doesn't get you jailed instantly, meanwhile killing someone etc will get you instantly jailed. I don't really see how those can be compared, but okay ig > > And if you abuse the chat, you will get chat banned 1st, you'll have 2 chat related punishments, but if you keep breaking the rules constantly after that, you will get punished more harshly because if you don't want to reform, why should you be treated nicely? > > You don't get punished for just being passive aggressive. You get punished for breaking the rules and violating the ToU > And if you don't want to lose your account, don't break the rules > The perma ban is there for a reason, it's there to scare people from breaking the rules. Because losing the account you've spent money and time on hurts really much, as it should because it's the harshest punishment you can basically get in the game so the system is here so it can hurt people or to try to lower the toxicity, because for now it only does only one of the things. are you really satisfied with people losing their accounts( because this is my observations, people are so happy when another player lose their account, that they dont care if the system is doing anything else than that) or you are satisfied because the system is reducing the toxicity, which again ... i think season 8 was the most toxic season, yet ( if we exclude the perma chat restriction experiment years ago, which was clown fiesta) .
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Yeah you can mute the toxicity in chat, you can't mute someone's trolling. So i'd say it's a lot better to just punish the people who can't respect the rules and just give them a perma ban before they start trolling games. Because trolling games is still worse than being toxic in chat. So it's not really a solution, maybe a solution for chat problems, but not a solution for overall toxicity, it just makes that worse. How can they invest in a better system to detect trolls? When it's not always obvious if someone trolls. Or should we just ban everyone who has a bad game? How am i "protecting the trolls" when i just point out why we don't have a system like what you're suggesting? Just because there's a mute button doesn't mean you're allowed to break the rules. The mute button is not a solution, it's just a bandaid. I can ute you so i don't have to deal with your toxicity, but you will be punished so others don't have to deal with your toxicity Yeah, you can disable the chat now, so it's should be easier to not get perma banned, right? I'm pretty sure almost nobody gets their feelings hurt by toxic people. But that again doesn't justify them breaking the rules But why should the people who break the rules by abusing chat be perma chat muted? Why not just perma ban then? They still broke the rules, and punishments are supposed to feel bad. And i'm pretty sure it feels really bad to lose your account, as it should
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uo2fIb4w,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-28T07:47:08.424+0000) > > Yeah you can mute the toxicity in chat, you can't mute someone's trolling. So i'd say it's a lot better to just punish the people who can't respect the rules and just give them a perma ban before they start trolling games. so... you suggest punishing people before they do the bigger crime.. "they are toxic in chat and if you take their chat they will probably start trolling, so punish them as trolls... and yeah if you actually perma ban chat users they are more likely to troll, than if you jsut let them play but take their caht ... >Because trolling games is still worse than being toxic in chat. So it's not really a solution, maybe a solution for chat problems, but not a solution for overall toxicity, it just makes that worse. How can they invest in a better system to detect trolls? When it's not always obvious if someone trolls. Or should we just ban everyone who has a bad game? well 1 solution is better than no solution lol, so instead of getting 1 solution for the chat toxicity you rather have none, cuz now perma bans solves nothing ( waht did perma banning for chat solved .. did the game get less toxic ? i dont think so it is actually even more toxic than before imo), you know, if people are not being perma banned for chat toxicity there will not be like 100 million tickets to riot support, and they can actually start checking trolls instead of "is my chat ban worthy and what i did wrong in my chat" > > How am i "protecting the trolls" when i just point out why we don't have a system like what you're suggesting? Just because there's a mute button doesn't mean you're allowed to break the rules. The mute button is not a solution, it's just a bandaid. I can ute you so i don't have to deal with your toxicity, but you will be punished so others don't have to deal with your toxicity how can someone deal with my toxicity if they all mute me ...... , you are protecting the trolls, because you do not want the system to change.. and the current system is kind of bad, as i said about it didnt helped to lower the toxicity, it actually makes it worse and not only for the old players but for the new aswell. And breaking the rules should be punished according the the crime... you abse the caht = less caht you disrupts the game play= less game play. 1 punishment for thieves, serial killers, rapist and crossing the road on the red light should not be the same, they all break the lows but, should they be punished with life sentence ??? 4 times crossing on red light do not makes you murderer lol.... > Yeah, you can disable the chat now, so it's should be easier to not get perma banned, right? I'm pretty sure almost nobody gets their feelings hurt by toxic people. But that again doesn't justify them breaking the rules i never said, dont punish people for breaking the rules, just .. the current system is bs. if you spam in chat and annoy people ... just make this guy have 1 message every 5 min and he will spam 1 message every 5 min.... i do not think this is something no one can handle, > > But why should the people who break the rules by abusing chat be perma chat muted? Why not just perma ban then? They still broke the rules, and punishments are supposed to feel bad. And i'm pretty sure it feels really bad to lose your account, as it should again, why dont someone that shop lifted get death sentence? he broke the lows, right???, so just sent him to the chair, simple as that, we wont be bother with his shop lifting again. I am for the punishments, but let them be according to the crime. but losing your account for being passive aggressive or some stuff like that is bs to me
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Neumím Riven,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0003000f,timestamp=2019-08-28T07:49:41.918+0000) > > .>Removed by Moderation.. Made my day :D
: No its not a solution. There is no solution. You cant control people.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uo2fIb4w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-27T22:16:28.628+0000) > > No its not a solution. There is no solution. You cant control people. With the current punishment riot actually makes it even worst. when someone lose their account, if they want to play they make new one, they destroy early levels ( where new players plays) and make the game even more toxic, because if they were banned for chat toxicity, they wont risk it again and will go with trolling "which is harder to detect" so they can destroy more games, if the guy using chat get only his chat restricted , he wont go and make new account, and if he start to troll, at least he do not trolls the early levels where new players wont be expose to so much toxicity at least early in the game, then riot can actually try to focus on system that can can detect trolls and getting them faster. riot cannot stay on a system that mostly punish 1 type of toxicity and call it a day* which really solves nothing actually, just makes the thing worse).
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Before the system we had now, there were perma chat bans etc But you know what most people started doing after they got perma chat banned? They started trolling games Which is a lot harder to detect So yeah, never going back to that Don't want to get perma banned? Don't break the rules
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uo2fIb4w,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-27T22:49:47.852+0000) > > Before the system we had now, there were perma chat bans etc > But you know what most people started doing after they got perma chat banned? > They started trolling games > Which is a lot harder to detect > So yeah, never going back to that > > Don't want to get perma banned? Don't break the rules so they start trolling , but the toxicity in chat lowered( if you are chat restricted and have only 1 message every 5 min or so you can say max 4-5 toxic stuff for 20 min game and let's not forget the mute button, that have the amazing ability to reduce the chat toxicity 100% ), so... it seems like solution to me, then they can invest in a better system to detect trolls and actually punish them. Stop protecting the trolls, they are destroying games, and there is not a magical button that stops them. so riot goes with the easy solution perma ban people using the caht( taht again is preventable by every single player with a single damn button and there is a options to disable it now.... and dont come with the "yeah but they hurt my feelings with their meany words, because i wasnt fast enought to hit that wittle button), cuz why focus on trolls. and yeah the exxperiment you are talking about was bad , they gave caht restrictions to trolls too. the 2 crimes should not be punished the same way, if you abuse the caht . restrict taht player's chat if you abuse the game play = restrict this guy gameplay........ why is it so hard to get that....
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: true , make your own data base , and put in the name of the guy , match history link , so you can check it later if he got banned or not , and you will realise that the Riot system is beyond the permisive limits... , they literally leaves people to troll and don't get banned , they grief and still not get banned . Today had mf trolling , then a teemo top lane going 4 10 and telling into chat that he trolling cause he haven't received any gank on top and that enemy been 3 times top ... , stuffs like that , and i lost the game with 12 6 260 farm , being gold 2 at the moment in min 34... , had such a team ,that i was likely playing for the whole team ,and that's not an isolate case , that happens frequent , and where is the mmr system balancing teams when that happens.
> [{quoted}](name=RayleighTT,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=o1kZmbWp,comment-id=00030004,timestamp=2019-08-27T15:45:22.863+0000) > > true , make your own data base , and put in the name of the guy , match history link , so you can check it later if he got banned or not , and you will realise that the Riot system is beyond the permisive limits... , they literally leaves people to troll and don't get banned , they grief and still not get banned . > > > Today had mf trolling , then a teemo top lane going 4 10 and telling into chat that he trolling cause he haven't received any gank on top and that enemy been 3 times top ... , stuffs like that , and i lost the game with 12 6 260 farm , being gold 2 at the moment in min 34... , had such a team ,that i was likely playing for the whole team ,and that's not an isolate case , that happens frequent , and where is the mmr system balancing teams when that happens. in 2k19 if you say stuff like "i am trolling" and troll you probably will be fine, but saing things like "hey this guy is trolling" you are the most harassing and flaming and toxic man on earth and deserve punishment, so it is logical to troll, because you are less likely to be punished, or as many say "it is so darn hard to be detected"
: they just didn't consider it , and just like the "support singed" , they wait for it to become a drama before they enact This strategy of not thinking forward their policies is starting to piss me off in the long run. we wouldn't be so toxic if we didn't have to to be listened to. Community simply adapted to riot then riot adapted, then community adapted again. and it will go on and on. until they realise they cannot change the community , might aswell make sure their adaptation is as non-toxic as possible
> [{quoted}](name=The Anivia OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-27T19:38:52.030+0000) > > they just didn't consider it , and just like the "support singed" , they wait for it to become a drama before they enact > > This strategy of not thinking forward their policies is starting to piss me off in the long run. > > we wouldn't be so toxic if we didn't have to to be listened to. > > Community simply adapted to riot > then riot adapted, then community adapted again. > > and it will go on and on. > until they realise they cannot change the community , might aswell make sure their adaptation is as non-toxic as possible I do not think riot cares for the players. basically they are saying now , if the system got you, you are wrong, our system is 1000% right, so we do not care about you if our automated system punish you for things out of context, cuz FU, but you are free to make new account, cuz you are a customer. we do not care about you, but well, if you decide to spend money, we are ok with that.
: The "Ban words" system should be aware of location specific meanings
it just amaze me, the guy( the danish guy) taht posted this thread few days ago is down voted, and the same thread pops now and is up voted. this community is so.....
Spearki (EUW)
: yeah humans don't talk in word individually you use multiple to from contexts to understand what meaning the words have as there is worda in multiple languages both english and danish where they have 5 different meanings in their native language and depending on context the word can mean different things. there is lots of innocent words in english that has multiple meanings depending how you use them you can't just take the word itself and say what it means always cuz context changes what it means https://imgur.com/7hmRzSZ
> [{quoted}](name=Spearki,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9YecMEL5,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-26T19:19:06.649+0000) > > yeah humans don't talk in word individually you use multiple to from contexts to understand what meaning the words have as there is worda in multiple languages both english and danish where they have 5 different meanings in their native language and depending on context the word can mean different things. > > there is lots of innocent words in english that has multiple meanings depending how you use them you can't just take the word itself and say what it means always cuz context changes what it means > > https://imgur.com/7hmRzSZ i was trying to say, that the system is garbage for punishing you for stuff taken out of context and people here will usually tells you "well you are judged by your own actions" , yeah these actions are a piece of a whole picture.
Spearki (EUW)
: yeah i have pics of riot support replying that the word don't exist in danish or that the system acted on a trigger word and it was deserved ban :/ i'm dylexsic and stuggle with spelling and gramma and it only get worse with english so its always nice when you can speak in your native language with others unfortunately this on back fired pretty badly for what was intended to be positive comment between 2 native danes i agree the automated system did its job but disagree with how riot staff did reply and handle the situation
> [{quoted}](name=Spearki,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9YecMEL5,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-26T19:05:25.077+0000) > > > > i agree the automated system did its job but disagree with how riot staff did reply and handle the situation well, a text without context lose change its meaning lol you cant have a conversation and take only the 1 side and say , we do not care about the context.... this is the problem with the current system.
: An (long) Essay on Permabans - One size fits all policies don't work
To everyone that said that riot tried the perma chat bans and didnt work , cuz most start trolling, well this is the case the op is talking about... one kind of punishment for all is not the answer.... I was playing back then when riot did that "so called experiment" and i can tell you they didnt make the experiment very well. they basically said, no more perma bans no matter what you do, we will just add chat restriction.... trust me it was clown fiesta. most of the people start doing what they want and didnt care at all. It was like mini game for a lot of the players. many were trying to see how much chat restriction they can get and as i remember it was like summer time. before that i hadn't been punished, but even i got 300 or so games chat restriction ,because it was such a clown fiesta, the word C@ncer was used like in every second word and stuff like that it jsut gets you into that when everyone trolls and wish ill to your family. Anyway 300 games chat restrictions can help you see your mistakes, since these 300 games i again hadn't been punished for years, untill last year where i get my perma ban, but it is another story. you brake the game play=you get game play related punishment you brake the chat rules= you get chat related punishment this is how it should probably be. And the system is obviously not working. yes tons of people are punished , but did the toxicity lowered.... you answer that yourself
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=JenShen,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JrJE6tUM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-27T12:54:00.056+0000) > > ... Permanent means permanent. > > Unless it is NA and they unban x amount of perma accounts, then never say a word about that. > Permanent means permanent, until it doesnt. I assume you're talking about the rare second-chance programs that Riot has tried to do in the past. In those cases the players in question were hand-picked by Riot and monitored closely with the consequence for acting up again being a reapplying of the permaban. If you mean Tyler1 though, he was ID banned (banned on sight), which was later lifted, but his permabanned accounts remain permabanned to this day. If you have proof that says otherwise then please post it here.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JrJE6tUM,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-27T13:16:38.298+0000) > > I assume you're talking about the rare second-chance programs that Riot has tried to do in the past. In those cases the players in question were hand-picked by Riot and monitored closely with the consequence for acting up again being a reapplying of the permaban. If you mean Tyler1 though, he was ID banned (banned on sight), which was later lifted, but his permabanned accounts remain permabanned to this day. If you have proof that says otherwise then please post it here. Nope, i am not talking about both of these cases, i was talking about the recent one that started around the end of the last year( september- octomber 2018 i cant remember) and since then they didnt say a thing.
rujitra (NA)
: Just to clarify, Riot has the *technical capability* to reverse or remove punishments. Even LeaverBuster. They do not, as a matter of policy, remove punishments just because someone reforms at a later date. Permanent means permanent.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JrJE6tUM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-27T03:21:20.329+0000) > ... Permanent means permanent. Unless it is NA and they unban x amount of perma accounts, then never say a word about that. Permanent means permanent, until it doesnt.

JenShen

Nível 88 (EUNE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão