hOrnn (NA)
: well they removed summoner spell revive, so you cant run revive tp teemo, and they reworked aatrox, so you can run revive tp guardians angel aatroxx, so all thats left to do is pick tryndamere and 1v9, get in a bind? spin away, feel like 1v9ing? press R mad crits then heal it all back up. got caught out? spin+flash, seriously just play some bs built in dash champion, run TP, and take the rune to deal mad damage to turrets i guess?
> [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NUk32XE1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-13T10:52:11.707+0000) > > well they removed summoner spell revive, so you cant run revive tp teemo, and they reworked aatrox, so you can run revive tp guardians angel aatroxx, so all thats left to do is pick tryndamere and 1v9, get in a bind? spin away, feel like 1v9ing? press R mad crits then heal it all back up. got caught out? spin+flash, seriously just play some bs built in dash champion, run TP, and take the rune to deal mad damage to turrets i guess? You know what, I might actually start running demolish on every champ I play, thats a really good idea
Destaice (NA)
: How to counter a fed Rengar
Play Lissandra and press R xd Real talk though, You know when rengar is coming so you should be able to get cc off during his jump. Thresh flay, Janna R, leona QR etc As an ADC or a squishy carry with no defense mechanisms there isnt much you can do besides trying to itemize against the burst with zhonya/ga/randuins etc and stay close to your teammates.
Comentários de Rioters
JonneeG (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lechtrill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T15:08:44.113+0000) > > I lied, I spent a lot of my time growing in Australia where youd make 18$ working at a 7eleven. Now I'm in Europe where the taxes can get stupid so I assumed min wage would be just as high to account for that but I was wrong. I guess you just get good healthcare instead. But honestly 20$ is pretty fucking average. Don't let your employer underpay you. > > Ill admit I haven't gone and surveyed all the players, but let me phrase it this way - People who achieve their self realisation through LoL are able to do so only because there is a community to which they can belong to and because there are players who will respect them for their achievements. This is maslow's higharchy which I'm sure you know of, but this is the real trap that online multiplayer games pose and is the reason why people will invest thousands or potentially tens of thousands of hours into one video game. You don't get that without community. As for what the definition of a regular player is, who fucking knows dude. > > "Almost everyone is dissatisfied with riot." Is that better? You didn't address this point, so let me restate it and flesh it out a bit. If the button is greyed out, it's most likely that your internet pr your connection to the server is lagging. Therefore Riot doesn't owe you an apology. Therefore the premise of this particular thread is flawed. _If Riot doesn't give an apology, then , they don't care about players _ (reworded to be nicer) If you'd have lagged out in the middle of a real game, you'd lose the LP and MMR, and be more tilted, especially if you were winning. That's why the champ select dodge thing exists. Can the champ select dodge thing be improved? Probably, though I'm not sure how to do it without it being abused Does it suck to lose LP for this reason? hell yes. Are there lots of cases where Riot should apologize, or at least justify their logic, and haven't? Yes. Is this one of those cases? so far, I don't think so.
> [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T19:14:57.127+0000) > > You didn't address this point, so let me restate it and flesh it out a bit. > > If the button is greyed out, it's most likely that your internet pr your connection to the server is lagging. > Therefore Riot doesn't owe you an apology. > Therefore the premise of this particular thread is flawed. > > _If Riot doesn't give an apology, then , they don't care about players _ (reworded to be nicer) > > If you'd have lagged out in the middle of a real game, you'd lose the LP and MMR, and be more tilted, especially if you were winning. That's why the champ select dodge thing exists. > > Can the champ select dodge thing be improved? Probably, though I'm not sure how to do it without it being abused > Does it suck to lose LP for this reason? hell yes. > Are there lots of cases where Riot should apologize, or at least justify their logic, and haven't? Yes. > Is this one of those cases? so far, I don't think so. Its not the lag, its because the client is so god damn heavy (the client is heavier than the game itself) and makes my computer overheat, dropping the game to 1fp30s and or causes a bunch of glitches. I diddnt have a problem until recently (The runes update really took it over the edge) but Riot is just making the game unplayable for the minority. They just look at statistics and leave individual relationships out of the business and I just think thats sad. They don't care about us, dude.
: A couple of tips for playing on JP. 1. Don't speak English. At all. Ever. For any reason. Whether or not anyone wants to admit to it, this alone is enough to get you suspended (or worse). 2. Don't speak Japanese unless you really, _really_ know the language. If you actually meet this criteria, keep your Japanese comments to a minimum and about the current match _only_. Briefly and politely congratulate people after a play or a match. This is an expected cultural thing and _will_ eventually get you reported if you don't do it.
> [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-20T14:17:03.999+0000) > > A couple of tips for playing on JP. > > 1. Don't speak English. At all. Ever. For any reason. Whether or not anyone wants to admit to it, this alone is enough to get you suspended (or worse). > 2. Don't speak Japanese unless you really, _really_ know the language. If you actually meet this criteria, keep your Japanese comments to a minimum and about the current match _only_. Briefly and politely congratulate people after a play or a match. This is an expected cultural thing and _will_ eventually get you reported if you don't do it. I dont know why this was downvoted because its so true.
: If it were similar, why didn't you post about it then? It doesn't seem like there were any games between then and this one. You have to play good, clean games in order to get your account back into good standing. The passage of time alone doesn't do that.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T04:56:45.005+0000) > > If it were similar, why didn't you post about it then? > > It doesn't seem like there were any games between then and this one. You have to play good, clean games in order to get your account back into good standing. The passage of time alone doesn't do that. Its not possible. You get reported just for existing.
Chermorg (NA)
: 1. The "extremely inflammatory and offensive" is both cultural and refers to time - you may not be extremely inflammatory in one game, but if you're moderately inflammatory over multiple games that is still extreme. Further, different cultures (such as Japan) have different definitions as to what's inflammatory or offensive. 2. To my knowledge that is a worldwide figure and the numbers do not differ very much by region. Remember that when a culture has high standards, most people will meet those standards.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-02-20T03:19:54.816+0000) > > 1. The "extremely inflammatory and offensive" is both cultural and refers to time - you may not be extremely inflammatory in one game, but if you're moderately inflammatory over multiple games that is still extreme. Further, different cultures (such as Japan) have different definitions as to what's inflammatory or offensive. > > 2. To my knowledge that is a worldwide figure and the numbers do not differ very much by region. Remember that when a culture has high standards, most people will meet those standards. I am born and raised in Japan, and everybody I know and met on LoL agrees that the ban system in JP is ridiculous and is complete horseshit.
Dr Soraka (EUW)
: I have some question.... 1. In the English version of in client report it said I am punished due to "your in game comms are extremely inflammatory and offensive" I truly think my logs are VERY VERY far from being " extremely inflammatory and offensive...." 2. It is written that only 0.006% of League players are permanently banned. Is this a world wide figure? How about in JP alone? Is its perma ban rate way way higher?
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Soraka,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-02-20T03:02:55.526+0000) > > I have some question.... > > 1. In the English version of in client report it said I am punished due to "your in game comms are extremely inflammatory and offensive" > > I truly think my logs are VERY VERY far from being " extremely inflammatory and offensive...." > > 2. It is written that only 0.006% of League players are permanently banned. > > Is this a world wide figure? > How about in JP alone? Is its perma ban rate way way higher? I think permaban rate is 100% if you play 100 games say 'hi' to people every game.
Chermorg (NA)
: The Japan server has historically had a *very* low tolerance for *any* form of harassment or abuse. This means even light harassment such as berating them a couple times for leaving you or being afk can result in a punishment on the JP server. I am not saying whether this is going to be overturned or not - because anything is possible - but the Japan server does have very high standards.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-20T02:38:30.223+0000) > > The Japan server has historically had a *very* low tolerance for *any* form of harassment or abuse. This means even light harassment such as berating them a couple times for leaving you or being afk can result in a punishment on the JP server. I am not saying whether this is going to be overturned or not - because anything is possible - but the Japan server does have very high standards. Let me also point out that people in Japan are typically very stressed from conforming to Japanese societal standards, and people do let their stress out in LoL, but Japanese people are also historically very sly and love to do things behind your back in a way that they dont have to take responsibility for it, so Instead of chatting, they troll you, following you around the jungle, coming to your lane to cs, running it down, ALL the time - WAY more than any other server ive played in. Its ridiculous. Yet THOSE players dont get punished and instead the guy who was just trying to play a normal game of league who sais 'fuck off' just one time to the troll will get permabanned. I think its ridiculous and unjust - not to mention the insane amount of racism thats prevalent that english speakers and ESPECIALLY chinese players have to deal with. Its really sad to see.
Dr Soraka (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SeductiveCelery,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-20T01:54:58.963+0000) > > wow this is actually ridiculous Indeed. I began to suspect if speaking simple English in JP server deserves Perma Ban
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Soraka,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzshMaVB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T02:00:29.618+0000) > > Indeed. > I began to suspect if speaking simple English in JP server deserves Perma Ban It seems like it
Dr Soraka (EUW)
: JP server PERMA BAN is totally ridiculous
I second this. I think Ive played about 5000 games on other servers and have NEVER gotten punished but as soon as I transferred my main account to JP i got permabanned within 100 games. The worst part is that I literally have no idea why im getting punished (I got punished once **just for telling a player to stop blaming everybody else** and I literally had NO idea why) and when I try to talk to riot jp about it they tell me 'our system is perfect and you are in the wrong' and then when I send then my logs to ask then what part of what I said was not okay and they just refuse to answer, tell me my account will not be unbanned under any circumstance ever, and tell me that the conversation is over. (They basically tell me to fuck off.) The worst part is that, if i made a new account and got permabanned i would only be loosing 100 games worth of work, but this was a transferred account that I put thousands of hours of work and hundreds of dollars (probably almost 1000) into and I feel like it was just taken from me unfairly with NO explanation. People say you get banned based on the number of reports you get and theres no actual filter or anything in jp. Nobody communicates because the moment you say **anything** you get banned. The worst part is that Riot completely refuses to talk about it :(
JonneeG (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lechtrill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:10:59.596+0000) > > 20$ is barely over minimum wage in many countries, but that aside I think the important thing is to start a conversation because thats how we're going to find a solution. My solution begins with lets talk about this, and its less to do with the bug and more to do with the users relationship with LoL and riot. I personally have not have any good experiences talking to riot support - they dodge or downright refuse to answer questions or even have a conversation hence I'm writing here. I want to hear everyones honest opinion on how things are right now. I'd like to point out that the the highest minimum wages I could find in developed countries are around $15 (USD) in Australia, most other countries are near the $10 mark or lower. Perhaps you meant median wage? But more on topic, usually the greyed out lock in button means that you are lagging. I don't see where Riot intentionally screwed you over. It sucks, and you had my sympathy for about 5 lines. I agree that Riot, especially whoever does support, needs some serious improvement (perhaps a CertainT rework?), I also agree that their PR has not been good in informing players about a lot of basic things. But I disagree that providing each person an apology is one of their problems. I also think that calling them names and ranting is not a productive means to go about it. Please don't try to speak for the community by saying sweeping generalizations that you aren't going to back up. eg. "everyone hates Riot" "almost every regular user plays LoL over other MOBAs because of the community" What is your solution again? I must have legitimately missed it between the Hitler references. Personally, my solution would be to call RIot to be more transparent and communicate more with their community.
> [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:43:29.993+0000) > > I'd like to point out that the the highest minimum wages I could find in developed countries are around $15 (USD) in Australia, most other countries are near the $10 mark or lower. Perhaps you meant median wage? > > But more on topic, usually the greyed out lock in button means that you are lagging. I don't see where Riot intentionally screwed you over. It sucks, and you had my sympathy for about 5 lines. > > I agree that Riot, especially whoever does support, needs some serious improvement (perhaps a CertainT rework?), I also agree that their PR has not been good in informing players about a lot of basic things. But I disagree that providing each person an apology is one of their problems. I also think that calling them names and ranting is not a productive means to go about it. > > Please don't try to speak for the community by saying sweeping generalizations that you aren't going to back up. eg. > "everyone hates Riot" > "almost every regular user plays LoL over other MOBAs because of the community" > > What is your solution again? I must have legitimately missed it between the Hitler references. > > Personally, my solution would be to call RIot to be more transparent and communicate more with their community. I lied, I spent a lot of my time growing in Australia where youd make 18$ working at a 7eleven. Now I'm in Europe where the taxes can get stupid so I assumed min wage would be just as high to account for that but I was wrong. I guess you just get good healthcare instead. But honestly 20$ is pretty fucking average. Don't let your employer underpay you. Ill admit I haven't gone and surveyed all the players, but let me phrase it this way - People who achieve their self realisation through LoL are able to do so only because there is a community to which they can belong to and because there are players who will respect them for their achievements. This is maslow's higharchy which I'm sure you know of, but this is the real trap that online multiplayer games pose and is the reason why people will invest thousands or potentially tens of thousands of hours into one video game. You don't get that without community. As for what the definition of a regular player is, who fucking knows dude. "Almost everyone is dissatisfied with riot." Is that better?
: 1. What job do you hav that 10 hours equals 200 dollars? I make 8/hr. That's 80 buck. Give me your job, I've got rent due. 2. That thread will get you no where. It's mainly insults with no solutions and an inaccurate analogy that invokes Goldwin's law for sympathy. Because if Riot=Nazis and Nazis=Bad then Riot=Bad. It's a weak argument 3. Your MMR doesn't take a hit for queue dodging. You lose LP because if you didn't people would dodge every game until they found a good team along with a shitty enemy team. So you lose LP but not MMR, which is what really matters in the league system 4. Report the bug. It's bad and needs to be looked at so report it to support every day if necessary. That's how you get something fixed, not by moaning here but by bringing the issue directly to Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:00:49.253+0000) > > 1. What job do you hav that 10 hours equals 200 dollars? I make 8/hr. That's 80 buck. Give me your job, I've got rent due. > > 2. That thread will get you no where. It's mainly insults with no solutions and an inaccurate analogy that invokes Goldwin's law for sympathy. Because if Riot=Nazis and Nazis=Bad then Riot=Bad. It's a weak argument > > 3. Your MMR doesn't take a hit for queue dodging. You lose LP because if you didn't people would dodge every game until they found a good team along with a shitty enemy team. So you lose LP but not MMR, which is what really matters in the league system > > 4. Report the bug. It's bad and needs to be looked at so report it to support every day if necessary. That's how you get something fixed, not by moaning here but by bringing the issue directly to Riot. 20$ is barely over minimum wage in many countries, but that aside I think the important thing is to start a conversation because thats how we're going to find a solution. My solution begins with lets talk about this, and its less to do with the bug and more to do with the users relationship with LoL and riot. I personally have not have any good experiences talking to riot support - they dodge or downright refuse to answer questions or even have a conversation hence I'm writing here. I want to hear everyones honest opinion on how things are right now.
Comentários de Rioters
: There was nothing wrong with the last Runes + mastery system
I think the main reason they changed it was because the runes simply weren't "rewarding" enough in riots standards to warrant keeping, yet it added a level of complexity that might scare away new players. Riot wants to make the game as addictive as they can so they can keep people coming back and spending money the same way crack dealers do, and theres two main factors that makes a game addictive. ・One factor is the physical dependency to video games we build through the dopaminergic mechanisms in our brain. ・The other factor is the fulfillment of our human needs - Progression, respect, and community (Maslow's Higharchy) Increasing the level cap for instance creates a greater sense of progression, and by rewarding you every time you level up Riot trains your brain to keep wanting more levels. Because the runes didn't do much the make the game more addictive and didn't provide a significant enough financial benefit to riot, they probably removed it and just simplified the system. Riot employees are just a bunch of dirty crooks, no better than the crack dealers in your hood. They might argue that "thats how all businesses work!!" but that doesn't make it the right thing to do, and I personally want to see our society stray away from these destructive, manipulative methods because I can only see it causing more harm than good in the long run, for everybody.
: Observer effect explains a collapsed wave function. It's not like the matter/energy did not exist prior, it was just held in a distribution of probabilities until one is realized by the wave function's collapse.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q8lzIOn9,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-07T02:22:33.479+0000) > > Observer effect explains a collapsed wave function. It's not like the matter/energy did not exist prior, it was just held in a distribution of probabilities until one is realized by the wave function's collapse. You're right, its not to say the energy didn't exist prior but its technically not within the realms of our individual universes until we observe it. I just wanted to point out that consciousness brings the universe around us to life through perception/observation. So time and space are human constructs, and every possible probability coexists all at once in one "place." Our brains / our consciousness is able to perceive a tiny portion (space) of just one of these possibilities at a time in a linear fashion (time) and thats our experience of the universe. I just find it crazy that we can understand the theory, without actually being able to comprehend it. Don't you think think we as a human race should spend more time studying psychedelics and things that alter our state of consciousness alongside all the neuroscientific research going on right now, to potentially learn how to expand the limitations of our comprehension of the universe? I need to learn how to make some god damn money so I can fund it. xd
: Consciousness, and the Universe.
You also can't disregard the fact that self awareness is highly likely to have developed as an evolutionary tool to defend ourselves. Human beings have a need to "control" things. Whether it be your body, your future, your bank account, or your ELO, we all need to be in control of something. It helps us confirm that we are in fact a conscious entity and not just an immobile rock rolling down a hill, and when we are not in control of anything we are placed under immense stress (which is why this game is so god damn addicting.) This all generally starts around the age of 2 which is when self awareness or consciousness begins to develop and children will start to push their limits and try to be manipulative with their crying etc (commonly called the terrible twos) in an attempt to control the world around them.
: Consciousness, and the Universe.
The universe you see around you is your brains way of making sense of any "external" stimuli that our sensory organs may receive. Things like space and time are entirely created within your brain and do not actually exist outside of our individual experiences of the "universe". Since the age of Einstein and his colleagues, we've known through quantum physical experiments that matter can only exist when there is an observer. If you see a particle, it exists. If you think about a particle, it exists. Otherwise, that toilet in your house? It literally does not physically exist when your in your kitchen, or your bedroom. The most interesting this about this phenomenon is that, simply explained, if an experiment is set up so that you don't actually look at a particle but you are set up to find out about it in the future, that particle will somehow know that you are going to know about it in the future and pop into existence. This further supports the fact that time is entirely a human construct. The universe an ever expanding because we keep exploring and observing it. None of the stars in the universe actually exist until we observe them. Fucking weird isn't it, and as it stands, theres much of the universe that our brains can't compute / comprehend and although we can tell its there, our brains can't give it a physical form (e.g. Dark matter / Antimatter) its just invisible. You have to understand that every science, and every discovery we have made about the universe has gone through the filter of your brain, and we are restricted to the ways in which our brains make sense of the universe, and as you get to explore this region of science you really start to understand how isolated we are in our own little worlds. You are the universe because the universe is created within your brain. This is why sometimes people feel a strong sense of one-ness with the universe, whether it be on the effect of psychedelics, or meditation. You start to see that everything is interconnected. I reccomend you read a book called Biocentrism, by Robert Lanza M.D. He explains all this shit in depth in a refined and easy to understand way. P.S. Follow me on Instagram @brown.max or on twitter @ovdvibe I want to start streaming games or something, I need a job xdd
: To Get Out of Bronze for Season 8
Everyone saying its hard to climb out of low Elo deserves low Elo. All you have to do Bronze - Plat is push. Just push. Thats it. You can be 10/0/0 or 0/0/0 it doesn't matter. Force the enemy to play reactively and constantly pressure lanes and you will automatically win. People literally just give you free kills and as long as you don't waste all the opportunities that come your way, if you're anywhere half decent you will end up 10-0 in 10 minutes and will be able to 1v3 and just solo carry the game. (Needless to say its generally a good idea to pick champions that can actually do damage to turrets.) Fighting in low elos is absolutely pointless and its a good idea to just do your best to not fight pointless fights. A good rule of thumb is to only fight if its absolutely necessary to fight in order to take an objective, or completely free. I think if everyone in bronze starts trying to win games without fighting ever, they will better understand the game from a macro perspective and their rank will just shoot up. I personally reccomend Diana for low elos. She can literally 1v5 in low elos and does incredible damage to turrets. The key is to not rely on your teammates to take down towers and do everything yourself. If your team wants to fight 3v5 against an enemy with baron and die, let them. In the meantime you will go pressure an inhibitor and the enemy is forced to send 2-3 people back or loose their inhib - and you WILL be in position to do this because you KNOW both your team and your enemy are stupid and will just fight over nothing every chance they get, and you know when and where a fight will break out because you are single handedly keeping up vision in key locations and you will be taking down turrets even before the enemy is able to kill your teammates.

Lechtrill

Nível 73 (EUNE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão