GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Old lore actually existed for a reason. New one is just trashy fanfiction that brings nothing, and only removes old, good content. If you don't believe me, just look at Varus or Galio.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oI87FjeU,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2020-02-08T12:58:31.436+0000) > > Old lore actually existed for a reason. > > New one is just trashy fanfiction that brings nothing, and only removes old, good content. If you don't believe me, just look at Varus or Galio. Ah yes, the new lore actually written by experienced writers with actual character development and interesting world building is a trashy fanfiction while the old lore which every non humanoid was an alien, a shit ton of powers were explained as "they did just that" and every region had one characteristic that applied to literally everyone in that region (Demacia=good, Noxus=bad, Piltover=good technology city, Zaun=bad technology city, Shadow isles=evil ghosts etc etc.) was better. Sure
: Possibly Sett's parents arent champions or his parents will come to game as new champions.... Everything is possible
> [{quoted}](name=Dareidos is back,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=BLNB9T1K,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2020-01-11T22:55:44.567+0000) > > Possibly Sett's parents arent champions or his parents will come to game as new champions.... Everything is possible It's not _possible_ that they aren't champions, they aren't champions period. Not every character in the story has to be a champion, we're talking about an entire world here. I mean, who knows, _maybe_ Katarina's dad is Darius, and her mom is Leblanc ~~sarcasm~~. Same thing applies to them becoming champions, Sett's dad is barely relevant in anything and his mom is a complete pacifist, neither of them make sense as champions. Just because they turned Senna into a champion, doesn't mean that now every single character connected to every champ can/will become a champion, that's just dumb, let side characters be side characters.
: Sett' parents
His mom is a wolverine vastaya and there's literally a picture of her in game, she is very clearly not Ahri. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELwv7NuWoAE96Lx.jpg And while Vlad traveling to Ionia seems plausible, him being a pit fighter isn't. Remember that Sett's dad left his family to go for bigger gigs in his pit fighting career, Vlad has lived a life of nobility and politics since Noxus' creation. Also, Vlad and Ahri would definitely, definitely never be together. They're both radically different personality wise and eventually one would kill the other (as we saw with Ahri and her lover in her color story, and Vlad is just an asshole). Plus all you need to do is look at Sett and then look at Ahri and Vlad to know they're not related, none of the features we see on Sett match with Vlad or Ahri (plus I really doubt that Vlad is even fertile at this point, he barely qualifies as human as is).
Shmeeve (NA)
: A lot of lore questions
>If mordekaiser is still alive, why isn't he trying to take over noxus. He's not alive. He's in the death realm assembling his undead army and getting ready to come back, he just needs a way out, which seems to be through the Immortal bastion. >Where in the world is the real Leblanc? Presumably, in Noxus. She's most active in Noxus so it would make sense that the real Leblanc is there as well, but it's Leblanc, so we don't know for sure, but it's pretty likely. >How does Aurelion sol roast a void rift closed without scorching the entire continent from his size? He can presumably change his size. Based on his lore, he went to the "tiny world" and presented himself to the Targonians who later gave him a crown. If we're talking about the human Targonians here, there's no way they can make a crown for Asol in his actual size. >Does Kled have an relevance to the lore besides noxian campaigns? No, not really lol. He's mostly a joke character if I'm being honest. >Why are freilord gods animals? Presumably, for the same reason most real life early prehistoric gods are animal themed. The Freljordians could've just assigned specific animals with human traits, in turn spawning gods, but the exact reason isn't known as far as I'm aware. >What is Skarner even doing nowadays? "Yet, as the sun broke over the horizon many weeks later, Skarner heard the faintest of echoes calling out in his mind. These were not the soaring harmonies he had known before, but a terrified, urgent keening, imploring him to act. He hesitated for just a moment, knowing that if he went in search of his stolen kin, then those who still lay beneath the sands would be defenseless… But as the cries died away, he knew he had no other choice, and strode out eastward into the desert. Though Skarner’s search is lonely, he sometimes hears the cold, disembodied song of a lost crystal drawing nearer, only to fade once more. It is a feeling that brings hope and anguish in equal measure, and he focuses his sorrow into unshakable determination, knowing that the survival of the brackern race is all that matters." >What does the real Volibear even look like instead of all the Wendigos of his image. We'll probably get more details on Voli with his rework, so I'd say wait on that. >Why is Volibear a psychic polar bear. He's a spirit god like Ornn and Anivia. >Is Rek'sai and Kog'maw anywhere important to the lore? Rek'sai has her color story, but outside of that they're both outdated. They'll hopefully be important once they get proper updates, but it seems Rek is trying to open a void portal based on her color story. >What is Kassadin even doing in the current timeline now that Kai'sa wandering in and out of them voice, is he just still looking for his daughter as if he was lost in the supermarket? He's convinced she's dead. He's entering Icathia with a ton of gear to take revenge on the Void, his bio kinda makes it clear that he doesn't really care about his life anymore, he's basically on a one way suicide mission to kill as many voidborn as possible. >How much can Kha'zix evolve? Not known as of now. Kha is another outdated champ, like the other voidborn (besides Vel), his only appearance is in Rengar's story "Adaptation", so the full details on Kha'zix are still not known. >Are lucian and senna still hugging after that cinematic? Based on Senna's color story and bio, they're going after the Ruined king and are trying to stop him, since they think he's the source of the black mist. >What is gangplank doing since he is still alive? Gangplank's current goal is trying to take back control of Bilgewater, and he's currently working towards that. He has the Buhru's support right now (Illaoi's people), but MF is keeping tabs on his gangs, but I don't think she knows he's back as of now. >Why did Sylas go into the north where the winter's claw are? Not sure on this one, I got the impression that he's looking for ancient Freljordian magic (true ice and such) from Shackles of Belief, but not a 100% sure with this. >Since we know that Sett's mother is a Vastaya, and mentions the tribes of vastaya, where are all the other vastaya? There are plenty, Eduard Santangelo's Vastaya Field Journal details a lot about the Vastaya and how they live.
Falrein (EUW)
: Lovely answer {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} But I love being a bother when it comes to Syndra > Also, she can't imbue anyone with power, her powers seem 100% destructive While that's definitely true, I'd say her power is destructive because she uses it in a highly negative state of mind (anger, bitterness, all that stuff), highly unstable emotions, etc... I do think her power could do other things that destroy (she doesn't seem to do it on purpose anyway, so it does seem like a side effect of her anger. Which is also reinforced by one of Scathelocke's posts a long time ago!) That's it for me being annoying :p P.S. Nice summoner icon ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c7iKqNGE,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-12-19T12:31:22.262+0000) > > Lovely answer {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} > > But I love being a bother when it comes to Syndra > > While that's definitely true, I'd say her power is destructive because she uses it in a highly negative state of mind (anger, bitterness, all that stuff), highly unstable emotions, etc... I do think her power could do other things that destroy (she doesn't seem to do it on purpose anyway, so it does seem like a side effect of her anger. Which is also reinforced by one of Scathelocke's posts a long time ago!) > > That's it for me being annoying :p > > P.S. Nice summoner icon ;) Yeah, I guess I agree. Spirit magic in general is tied to emotions, and Syndra's whole life is pretty much just defined by negative emotions, so. Unless she starts being more positive, I don't think we'll see much of Syndra's more non destructive magic. Also as a Syndra fan, don't worry you're not annoying at all, I quite enjoy all of your posts :D
GreenLore (EUW)
: Pretty much agree with your points, just want to point out that you mixed up telepathy and telekinesis. Telepathy is psychic communication, like reading others mind or sending them messages only they can hear in their minds. Telekinesis is making other things move or float with the power of your mind.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c7iKqNGE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-19T09:58:48.759+0000) > > Pretty much agree with your points, just want to point out that you mixed up telepathy and telekinesis. > Telepathy is psychic communication, like reading others mind or sending them messages only they can hear in their minds. > Telekinesis is making other things move or float with the power of your mind. Oh oof, my mistake, yeah I meant telekinesis. Not sure why I kept saying telepathy.
: Aphelios should have expanded on Syndra's story, not been a Lunari
>Something that I thought of which I haven't seen anyone else point out is Alune vs Syndra's situation. They are both in some magical floating fortress. (Syndra "gives" the fortress her power, and the other fortress gives Alune power) Outside of "white haired girl in temple" there really is little to no similarity between Syndra and Alune. While the temple Syndra lifted up has significance to her, all in all it's a pretty generic temple. Also she in no way "empowered" the temple, she only lifted it telepathically. You don't empower or change objects' properties with telepathy, you just lift em up with your mind. Also, Syndra could've easily snatch a house or something and she can leave her temple if she wants to. This is in no way similar to Alune's situation. For one, Alune's temple isn't "floating", it's in the spirit realm, normal physics don't apply there so to say something can fly or float in the spirit realm would be completely inaccurate. Secondly, Alune can't leave the temple. She's in the spirit realm, if she left god knows where she end up, and that's assuming she has the option to leave anyways. >What I am really trying to say here is that what if Syndra's story continued. She planted her fortress down somewhere maybe or someone was like "hey look up there" and decided to venture in. Good moment to make Syndra more human and less maniacal evil villain. Syndra is power hungry and all but she is still human and this is a perfect time for her to take a break orrr find out whats going on in Ionia considering she is now just a fairy tale to the public...time for her to meet someone. One way or another she gains a disciple --> now she is the master (albeit not a good position for her) who is willing to let her take control. It has been shown she can quite literally take control of whats around her with her dark powers so why not expand that to inbuing it within others as she sees fit. Yeah no, I want Syndra's story to continue as much as any other Syndra fan but this ain't the way to do it. As Falrein mentioned, her being a master makes no sense since she herself barely understands her powers, she wouldn't be able to explain what and how she's doing what she's doing. Her powers also seem extremely unique to her, it's clearly not normal magic and it's clearly super powerful, I really doubt she could find someone in the world that has similar powers to her. Also, she can't imbue anyone with power, her powers seem 100% destructive, other than her telepathy of course. >Thus "Aphelios" or whatever his new name would be is instead Syndra's foot soldier, gaining information, and just doing whatever while she chills in her castle. What would be the benefit of this exactly? Aphelios would have his entire personality, his entire existence, dependent on Syndra? I'm sorry, but that's what you call a side character, not a champion. Look at what they did to Senna, before her release she was just "Lucian's wife**TM**" but now she's an actual character with her own personality and her own goals. While Senna is teaming up with Lucian, she still isn't completely dependent on him to work as a character and certainly doesn't depend on him being strong. "Syndra's henchman" isn't exactly a compelling character, even if you give him a backstory and personality outside of that, he still won't have his own goals and his powers will still entirely depend on Syndra (assuming you want Syndra to replace Alune). Aphelios and Alune have a much better dynamic, they're both individually strong, but together they work great as a team. Syndra and "Syndra's henchman" would be really pointless since Syndra herself is so ridiculously OP that she would just completely overshadow her henchman. > You could even say "theres a mystical Ionian flower that the monks brewed into tea to resist Syndra's power so that they maintained conscious thought when she tried to project her power onto them, negative side affects include squeezing the throat or whatever" so this new Aphelios can keep his gimmick as a method to stop Syndra's magic from destroying his body. I don't think you understood the point of the flower in Aphelios' story. He's not drinking poison to "protect himself from Alune's power", he's doing it so that he's so numb that Alune can use the poison as a catalyst to interact with him i.e talking to him and giving him weapons. The poison in Aphelios' story is meant to represent his devotion to both his faith and his sister, he's completely willing to drink extremely painful poison with no hesitation just so he can get stronger to fight for the Lunari AND so that he can talk to his sister again. It just being an anti Alune drug so he isn't destroyed by it takes away from the whole point, in a way it kinda comes off as him rejecting Alune. So no, just keeping the "he drink poison flower" thing isn't enough for his story, the flower itself is meaningless out of context, but it's significant in his lore. >I think Aphelios felt more shoehorned in rather than naturally expanding the faction of Lunari As a somewhat fan of Aphelios, I disagree. Aphelios did expand the culture of the Lunari. Before Aphelios the most we knew about the Lunari was that they were outcasted (based on Diana's lore) and that they had teachers (Zoe's lore). Outside of a few cameos (like Zoe's teachers, they might've even been the only Lunari we saw pre Aphelios) we never really had any true Lunari. Diana never met Lunari, she just saw the ruins of one of their temples. Aphelios definitely expanded on the culture of the Lunari. They seem completely willing to enforce and raising child assassins and mages, they seem to blend spirituality with their celestial beliefs, with them having a spirit moon and a physical moon. And the most important part, it's implied that the power dynamic in Targon is once again shifting. Aphelios also being the first non aspect human in Targon was a nice change, the Aspects are fun and all but it was about time for some regular humans (or well, as regular as you can get being a league champ).
Terozu (NA)
: He has a father actually, so this isn't correct. That being said I believe Kog'Maw is referred to as male anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2wRzUWlJ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-16T01:52:51.887+0000) > > He has a father actually, so this isn't correct. > > That being said I believe Kog'Maw is referred to as male anyways. Kog's voice is outdated af, Kog's "father" or rather "fathers" would be the Watchers. Vel's updated lore makes it fully clear that the Watchers are producing voidborn out of materials in the physical realm, and since the watchers are the manifestation of nothingness and more or less "make" the voidborn rather than produce them sexually, I'd say they're asexual beings as well. Everything GreenLore said is accurate if you read Vel's lore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=000000010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T14:57:47.482+0000) > > Demon is a generalised term (an evil spirit), it's used so we get what they are. What matters after is the nature of that individual demon. Evelynn's nature makes her Evelynn but she is still a demon. > > Leave it at that, as I even confused myself with some of my attempts to reply. :P > > > Off topic, You know I'm pretty sure Sylas in the last year has had more stories about him than all Yordles combined? Come on Riot, get to it already. :P I think both the individual demons and the demons species as a whole need more lore behind them. My own theory is that when the shadow realm created (which I think is tied to the rune wars which would line up with demons coming into being following the rune wars) people became trapped in it and warped and driven mad. Perhaps some felt pain, perhaps some were hungry, and maybe others were afraid, and as a result the realm warped them into beings that could free them from those mortal coils but warped them into beings of evil. Again this is just speculation. on the topic of yordles, I think sylas has appeared more than all the yordles combined as well, he has 2 stories + his bio I believe, stories that he caused, and appears in LUX. Yordles got paint the town (a WHILE ago) and more recently a Veigar and Trist+Lulu story..... **I sense they are stalling or something**
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hEj8naPN,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T16:45:54.491+0000) > > I think both the individual demons and the demons species as a whole need more lore behind them. > > My own theory is that when the shadow realm created (which I think is tied to the rune wars which would line up with demons coming into being following the rune wars) people became trapped in it and warped and driven mad. > Perhaps some felt pain, perhaps some were hungry, and maybe others were afraid, and as a result the realm warped them into beings that could free them from those mortal coils but warped them into beings of evil. Again this is just speculation. > > on the topic of yordles, I think sylas has appeared more than all the yordles combined as well, he has 2 stories + his bio I believe, stories that he caused, and appears in LUX. > Yordles got paint the town (a WHILE ago) and more recently a Veigar and Trist+Lulu story..... > **I sense they are stalling or something** Demons are pretty neatly explained in Eve's lore and AMA actually. Demons are spirits born out of negative human emotions. Spirits are pretty abstract in how they work, they have spiritual bodies but if they're powerful enough can form physical bodies (like all the spirits we have in game minus Nocturne) and demons is just a fancy word for evil spirit. There are probably demons of grief, guilt, obsession etc. Just any negative human emotion. They feed off of the negative emotion that spawned them, but most demons seem to need a "contract" to fully get satisfied (like with Eve who feeds on agony and her "one touch with desire" and Tahm who feeds on despair with his literal contracts). It's implied that demons can still kill humans normally if they wish to, but they wouldn't really get anything out of it. The exception to the rule is Noc, he feeds on fear and as mentioned he's stuck in the spirit realm and was born out of shadow magic and the fear it caused people while it polluted the spiritual realm, so he accesses people's dreams (it's implied dreams are somewhat spiritual concepts) and turns them into the person's worst nightmare. There's also Swain's demon, the demon of secrets, who seemed to feed on people through sending out ravens to look into the souls of the dying to figure out their secrets (it's more or less Swain's in game passive). There's also a demon in Zed's comic, but its appearance is brief since shen just straight up kills it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sergej561,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-25T21:08:30.886+0000) > > None of the champions you mentioned would be "badass" because 99.999999% of the cast would be wiped out if Asol sneezed at their direction (ironically Zoe has a better chance of surviving that than any other humanoid, she's the most powerful aspect by far). You can't slap all the champions in a singular arena and expect it to be fair, the champions have their own power levels in the lore, there are champs that are near gods and then you have normal humans. If you also divide them into classes (Human vs Human, Aspect vs Aspect etc etc.) things get even more messy since in general champions of a similar power level are equals and a fight between them could go either way. You can't accurately predict who would win in a fight between Garen vs Darius for example, since there are 1000 scenarios for that fight that could end in any way. And then there's the concept of Kindred which just makes the whole thing extremely messy... You had it going well until midway through. If you apply your logic, then you can't have any fun or interesting or opinionated discussions going on the matter. It just makes you boring.
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-11-26T14:09:24.174+0000) > > You had it going well until midway through. If you apply your logic, then you can't have any fun or interesting or opinionated discussions going on the matter. It just makes you boring. I'm just saying what's grounded in facts, you can still have an opinionated discussion, with the example I used, subjectively you could say Garen would win due to having more elite training and possibly having a magic sword, but you could also say Darius would win because he has WAY more experience and isn't bound by "honor" and would be willing to do anything to win. My point being you can't objectively point out a winner between those two (and so many other equal champions) because they're so close in power levels, people are gonna be split on who would win, you can have a discussion sure, but you really can't point out a definitive winner that everyone can agree on. The same doesn't apply to, say Aurelion sol vs Darius, Asol just wipes him out and calls it a day, no one can argue with that.
: Not if I took them out of the game and out of this competition because they don't make any sense for this game and this competition. Problem solved. Just because Garen and Darius could go either way doesn't mean we all don't want to see that fight. Kindred also can be removed for all I care.
> [{quoted}](name=CominTowardsYa,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-25T21:26:29.865+0000) > > Not if I took them out of the game and out of this competition because they don't make any sense for this game and this competition. Problem solved. > > Just because Garen and Darius could go either way doesn't mean we all don't want to see that fight. > > Kindred also can be removed for all I care. Then you'd have to establish a criteria for which champs are in and which champs are out, and even then that is still problematic. Let's take out all the op cosmic beings (Asol, Bard, Kindred, Zoe), then the clear winners here would be either the ascended or the spirit gods. Take out both of those groups, and you're left with OP spirits like Janna or Nocturne, one of them would win in this case. You also have the top tier mages(Syndra, Liss, Leblanc, Ryze), the undead champions who can't be hurt by conventional methods (Thresh, Pyke, Morde, Kalista), other OP beings (Vel'koz, Malph, Zyra,Galio). Whatever group is the most powerful in the arena, they're gonna wipe out all the others and then it'll just end in a fight between each other, in which case a clear winner can't be determined because they're near equals. If you keep culling champions, at the end of the day you'd just end up with the most basic human champs with no magic of their own, besides maybe some mediocre mages like TF, in which case a clear winner can't be determined because of how close all of them are in power levels. If this was a cinematic or movie were all equal champs for some reason are fighting with each other, then the person who would win would be the one who the _writer_ wants to win. Say he's writing a story about Ashe as the main character, either Ashe or someone on Ashe's side would win the fight. But in a realistic situation it can really be anyone, there are thousands of possibilities. This is an inherent problem of a lot of in lore VS matchups, not just your idea, you can't confidently say who would win between, say, Akali vs Kat because they're both really close in power levels and could realistically work either way.
: Has there been a best Champion competition yet?
None of the champions you mentioned would be "badass" because 99.999999% of the cast would be wiped out if Asol sneezed at their direction (ironically Zoe has a better chance of surviving that than any other humanoid, she's the most powerful aspect by far). You can't slap all the champions in a singular arena and expect it to be fair, the champions have their own power levels in the lore, there are champs that are near gods and then you have normal humans. If you also divide them into classes (Human vs Human, Aspect vs Aspect etc etc.) things get even more messy since in general champions of a similar power level are equals and a fight between them could go either way. You can't accurately predict who would win in a fight between Garen vs Darius for example, since there are 1000 scenarios for that fight that could end in any way. And then there's the concept of Kindred which just makes the whole thing extremely messy...
: You are fawning over a killer to try to be edgy. Simple as that. I can appreciate different sides. But don't lie to yourselves. One is good, one is wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wgejIh3F,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:48:25.036+0000) > > You are fawning over a killer to try to be edgy. Simple as that. I can appreciate different sides. But don't lie to yourselves. One is good, one is wrong. Nice projecting lmao. I don't think I could care less about Kat's character in the lore, simply stating the facts. Katarina is in no way different from Garen in her job besides their way of doing the job. If you want to prove that I'm lying to myself, quote the lore where Kat is shown/told to be "sadistic and evil" and where Garen is a paragon of truth who would NEVER love her (despite LoR literally proving otherwise), meanwhile I'll just >Dayan’s limbs spasmed, like a deranged roadside wanderer afflicted with the tremoring sickness. He whispered something, rasping and faint, as Garen lifted his warblade to deliver the executioner’s strike. Dayan’s last words were all but lost in the roars of approval coming from the crowd, but Lux finally pieced them together as Garen’s sword swept down. The light is fading... “Wait!” she cried. Garen’s blade clove the man’s head from his body in one titanic blow to a roar of approval from the crowd. From For Demacia.
: Not true at all and you people know it. Comparing a murdering assassin like Kat to garen is like comparing a war criminal to a freedom fighter. Just stop.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wgejIh3F,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T22:34:39.812+0000) > > Not true at all and you people know it. Comparing a murdering assassin like Kat to garen is like comparing a war criminal to a freedom fighter. Just stop. Did you even read either of Kat or Garen's lore or do you just go off of their voice lines and just call it a day? Kat isn't a senseless murderer, and "war criminal" is certainly stretching it. She's a professional assassin that only kills in the name of her country, she's not a serial killer like Jhin. The reason why she seems so eager to kill people is because she takes pride in her job...and her main job is killing people that she's assigned to kill. Gee, a person who murders people in the name of their country, where have I heard that before? Garen literally executes a person who's accused of murdering his family in For Demacia, Garen isn't anywhere near a "freedom fighter". Let me also remind you that he's killed countless mages who probably only fought him in self defense. Garen is a flawed character, not some paragon of what everyone should aspire to be. The only major difference between what Kat does and what Garen does are their methods. Kat is an assassin while Garen is a soldier. Stop trying to paint Katarina as some kind of sadistic psychopath just based on her extremely outdated VO.
: Riot needs to stop sucking up to marksman
We're literally getting Fiddle and Voli's reworks soon, both junglers and right after them we're getting ANOTHER new whimsical jungler. Maybe read roadmaps before posting.
: > [{quoted}](name=Betty McPetty,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pAFBJW90,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-10T01:45:31.027+0000) > > Vayne killed her master who had taught her to protect herself for most of her life simply because she was a shapeshifter. She didn't even use her powers for bad, she only ever turned into a monster to protect her loved ones from harm. Yet, Vayne still put a bolt through her heart. Vayne did it because Vayne doesn't care, she it totally indifferent to what you believe in if you are a monster you die simple as that, there is no "well we were like family" because Vayne deosn't think like that, she kills indiscriminately dark mages, monsters, half monsters, spirits etc etc, its all grey to Vayne simply people vs everything and anything that is wrong (at least in her eyes, you have to remember not everyone who has their parents killed in a fictional setting by a psycho {{champion:28}} (a demoness in this case) comes out wearing a bat costume trying to lock up the bad guys and help the good guys) You cant be evil if you aren't have no thought into it, sure her actions are cold blooded and sinister, but as a person, if Shauna Vayne were to return to Demacia she would likely still fit in simply because there is no 'evil' characteristics to her -Shes not cruel, she kill things quickly and efficiently -She only kills things she deems wicked/involved with black magics/monsters -We haven't seen her interact with 'normal' people enough to fully judge her character
> Shes not cruel Her short story begs to disagree, Vayne very much enjoys toying with her prey before killing them: > "Why?" she asked. "Why what?" Vayne blankly replied. "Why not just walk in and kill me? Why this whole... presentation?" Vayne smiled. A sly, hateful grin. "Because I wanted to be sure I was right. Because I wanted you to feel the panic and the fear he felt. But mainly... "Vayne tightened her wrist. With a metallic twang, a six-inch bolt of cold silver pierced the changeling's brain. The widow's eyes rolled back into her head. She collapsed to the floor like a bag of stones. "Because it's fun."
: I think Pyke might be the only chaotic evil assassin as of right now
Zed most definitely isn't a good guy. His goal isn't to improve the Kinkou, if it was he wouldn't start an order of his own, instead Zed's goal is to make Ionia a powerful nation that fully uses the amount of power within it. It's the same as Irelia, but what separates the two of them is their methods. While Irelia wants to make a capable army where the strong defend the weak, Zed wants to make Ionia that values power above all else. Zed will kill anyone who gets in his way, even his father figure or his long time friends, he uses shadow magic which actively disrupts both Ionia's harmony and the spirit realm as whole (see Nocturne lore) and intends on militarizing the natural magic in Ionia, leaving many magic based locations uninhabitable by magical creatures like the Vastaya, forcing them out of their homes. I mean, his short bio literally starts with the words "Utterly ruthless and without mercy", so no Zed is in no way a good guy. I think you got Kat and Talon mixed up. Kat is a lot like her father and firmly believes in Noxus and everything she does is for Noxus, while Talon, with the little to no lore he has, is the one who pledged his loyalties to Kat's father, and is currently investigating his disappearance. But I'd agree that I wouldn't call either of them bad guys, they're about as much bad guys as Garen or anyone else who kills to serve their country. Kha'zix, Eve and Noc (and this also applies to Tahm and the other voidborn) are all kind of in the same batch. None of them really kill because it's "fun" or because they want to, they do it because they HAVE to. Kha'zix and the voidborn are beings made of anti reality, anytime they get mentioned they're described as off putting and "wrong". They're basically sentient objects given one purpose: Help their creators destroy the world. Kha'zix in particular seems to devour anything that would further his evolution, and in other stories the Void mostly feeds on magic and/or organic material. Kha'zix isn't really evil because you can't categorize him in a human like morality scale because he's not human, he's like a robot with only one function that he HAS to follow. Eve, Noc and the other demons aren't evil at all IMO. They're spirits who unwillingly were brought into this world through negative emotions, and the only thing sustaining them and preventing them from going back into oblivion is feeding on the same negative emotions which spawned them in the first place. They either torment mortals or disappear forever, not much of a choice in the matter. They're about as evil as any IRL predators, are lions evil because they hunt and kill other animals? Qiyana is someone that I'd say is actually pretty bad, if not evil. She's way more than "just a brat", she's so self centered and so deep in her inferiority complex that she pretty much lacks empathy for anyone else, including her own family. She's completely willing to kill, hurt and manipulate others in order to further her own selfish agenda, which let me remind you if she DOES end up being empress, she'll want to go to war with the rest of the world. Pretty evil if ya ask me. Also consider the fact that IRL anyone who would cripple their sibling or manipulate them emotionally by causing them serious trauma would be considered evil, so it's no different for Qiyana. Kai'sa is a lot more neutral than what you might think. Her new story "Monstrous" perfectly portrays that. I won't spoil it because it's not even officially released and it's very good so if you want more on Kai'sa's murky morality, read that on the wiki. Vayne is an example of a "monsters make other monsters" story. Sure, yeah Vayne purges evil, if you consider evil as anyone or anything that uses magic in whatever way, even if it's used to help others. It doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter how close you are to Vayne, it doesn't matter how you use your "dark" magic, it doesn't matter if you're good, Vayne considers you evil, and so you will be killed. While Vayne has dedicated her life to hunt down Evelynn, she kills any magical creatures along the way, and her methods are pretty brutal, and it's made explicitly clear that she very much enjoys murdering magical creatures, she's extremely sadistic if I'm being honest, her short story makes that clear. Now as for Pyke, I really wouldn't consider him full on the worst assassin (in terms of morality) if I'm being honest. The swimming city gave him powers and pretty much turned him into a madman who just wants revenge. His list isn't even exclusively filled with captains, the swimming city communicates with him through that list and gives him the names of the people he has to kill, and it's implied that they're not always captains. He's completely insane and is only fulfilling the wants of the swimming city, not his own, he's more or less a pawn for greater forces. He realizes this, but he really just doesn't care.
: Show me a 7 foot tall buff woman who looks like Illaoi, who isn't on steroids. Please show me. Find it. Show it. Now please. Orianna and Camille are scary looking, without being buff. They are robots and don't look stupid, how did that happen? Good design maybe? Flavor Diversity? You kidding, right? It already has that, so next point please. I think my mind is plenty broadened and you think its cool to attack people who don't agree, whatevs man. The Rule I am talking about is a rule that has to do with making things make sense within the confines of the fantasy world you are in. There needs to be a "why" and have it make "sense" not just putting crap in the game for the sake of diversity and being woke. Come on buddy.
I mean, literally google female body builders lmao. They may not all be as buff as Illaoi, but Illaoi is a fictional character, they can do whatever they want with her and how her body is drawn, hell even Illaoi isn't nearly as buff as Garen or Darius. Point is: Illaoi is a power fantasy, some people like playing as buff women, just because you don't like it/think it doesn't make sense for reasons you've yet to give, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense, it's really simple to understand. I don't think you get what Camille, Ori or Illaoi are supposed to convey, NEITHER of them are supposed to be scary. Orianna is supposed to look like a robotic ballerina, ballerinas are usually very slim in their physique, which is what allows them to make graceful and agile moves, so of course she isn't gonna be buff. Almost all of the focus of Camille design is on her legs, making her buff wouldn't make sense either because Camille mainly focuses on kicks. Illaoi is someone carrying around and fighting with a huge ass artifact that is extremely heavy, and someone who's main gameplay hook is pounding people into the ground with big damage. Her not being buff would take away a lot from her design, and it makes sense considering her lore. She's someone who is constantly in motion, constantly trying to be the best she can be, she's a true believer of the Buhru's religion, so her exercising and being very buff makes sense, she tries to make the most of life and be the best she thinks she can be. While I'd partially agree that League's female roster in its entirety is somewhat diverse, but when it comes to humans it's severely lacking. Name 2 female human champion that aren't children that: don't have a pretty face AND don't have a fit/slim body type? WOw such diversity 10/10. Also FYI, no one is arguing about league "being woke", think you got that impression cuz of the word "diversity", wanting female champions to look different =/= being woke. If every male champion just had Garen/Darius/Olaf's body type, people would still be complaining. Still don't understand how Taliyah not dressing up in a skirt and looking tomboyish doesn't make sense in the world, so. If you really can't comprehend the concept of a masculine female, then no, I'm sorry but you really are narrow minded.
: What is the difference between Varus and Darius? What weapons do they use, and do they make sense? If something doesn't make sense, it isn't good, fantasy or not. Just because something is fantasy doesn't mean you can just do anything or put anything in it and expect people to think its good. Rules apply even to fantasy things. You can push the limits and bend rules, but making bad senseless decisions are just that, bad. So ask yourself this, does it make sense, and is it well written? If it does, then explain why.
What type of mental gymnastics did I just read? Dude, you don't even have to think within a fantasy setting, there are thousands, if not millions of women and girls in real life who look like Illaoi and Taliyah. But ignoring real life, we're talking about a world that has space dragons, monsters, tentacle gods, ghosts, magic, demons etc etc. So those concepts are perfectly abiding the rules, but a masculine female is just completely out of this world and not fitting at all? When was the "rule" even established? Most female champions currently in game look super feminine because Riot is a business and that's what's popular and that makes money. But obviously, if all of their female champions just looked like the same cookie cutter super model, it'd obviously get boring fast, so they change things up a bit every so often. It's just less common with female champions than male ones, because most of league's player base are straight men. There is nothing stopping/contradicting the existence of a female champion that isn't 100% feminine, hell I'd argue it's needed to give the game flavor and diversity, you just have a very narrow minded and shallow view on things, bud.
: Let's have a serious discussion about it. I am interested. Taliyah doesn't look like a girl or woman at all, she looks like a boy, or a young Donald Trump. I don't plan on marrying any of the characters from the game, so I hope that qualifies me as being able to have a serious discussion about this. Lets look at Darius and Garen for a second. Lets see how relatable they are. Garen is a Paladin Knight archtype who is huge and buff, and guess what, he is a Tank. Are there people like this in society we can relate to? I know one who is popular, The "Rock" Dwayne Johnson is a former Pro Football Player, and WWF/WWE Wrestler, and he is BUFF and HUGE, and RIPPED and we all watch his movies, (Well maybe not everyone, but most people do and like him) and why is he good and cool? Well he has charisma and he is huge. We can relate Darius and Garen to The Rock because in the Roles they have, they fit and are relatable. Garen is a big Man, and so is Darius, they are not big women, and the Rock wouldn't be good at playing in those roles if he was short, weak and skinny. Taliyah is what? A girl? Ok, when is the last time you saw a girl on a battle field? When is the last time you saw a girl who looked like a boy surfing on rocks on a battle field? Why does she cast magic but have to look like that? What is the point, and why is it good and relatable? Is the Rock manly looking? Does it fit? Is Garen? Is Darius? Lets go into it more, are Katarina and Akali intimidating characters? Do they look like women? Why are they intimidating but still look like women? What about illaoi, what is that supposed to look like, and why? Why is that good in any way? I have seen female assassin movies, and I have seen female characters written well like in the Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy Nebula and her sister. Why are those characters good? I think they are good, and I don't think anyone wants to make Nebula their Waifu. Cassiopiea and Elise are ugly, but well done. Why? What is different here? Taliyah is just bad. They don't make skins for her because she is ugly in general, and people are annoyed by her being in the game probably so they don't use her out of spite and don't buy her skins either. That seems obvious to me, why is this not obvious to you?
Yes, because male champs can be different, from skinny dudes to muscle heads to fat guys to old men, but god forbid a female champion that isn't explicitly feminine, cuz that's not a power fantasy on its own amirite? Did someone's grandpa get access to the internet and accidentally got into League? Can someone get em off the computer?
: Diversity? All the members of True Damage are humans, that is not diverse... at least KDA has a demon and Pentakill has undead creatures, THAT is diversity.... Where is my band formed by a Yordle, a Vastaya, a Human and a Zombie? That would be a really diverse band.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-30T06:24:34.945+0000) > > Diversity? > > All the members of True Damage are humans, that is not diverse... at least KDA has a demon and Pentakill has undead creatures, THAT is diversity.... > > Where is my band formed by a Yordle, a Vastaya, a Human and a Zombie? That would be a really diverse band. The "demon" in KDA and the "undead creatures" in Pentakill were made to look like humans and in the musicverse canon are humans. If you showed someone who doesn't know about KDA or league lore a picture of KDA Eve, do you think they'll guess that she's a demon? The same practically goes for Pentakill, Karthus looks like he has a full face of makeup and they literally gave Morde a human chest. There are plenty of skinlines that would fit non-human champions, but the band skins just ain't one of em.
: lore idea for when nocturne,shaco and fiddlesticks get their VGUs
It's a very cool idea, but it would kinda remove the individuality of the three and make them way less unique, like why would you have 1 being be 3 different champions? And besides, Nocturne already has updated lore and we know he's a demon similar to Eve and Tahm.
Terozu (NA)
: Garens age was confirmed when Lux's comic dropped. It would take me less time to find that than the Reddit post tbh. Lux as of her comic is 19, Garen is 5 years above her. And at the release of Necrits video, Garen was officially 21 himself. Necrits age video was very wrong in a lot of places(Akali is _not_ 22, she's 17/18, 19 if you wanna stretch it). He also called Ekko 16 and Taliyah 22, when he's a year older than her AND she's confirmed as 16(so... many... fucking... times...). If you go back to posts from around the release video you'd see I lambasted it for it's utter inaccuracy.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TNHuqOo9,comment-id=00040000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-26T00:44:23.521+0000) > > Garens age was confirmed when Lux's comic dropped. It would take me less time to find that than the Reddit post tbh. > > Lux as of her comic is 19, Garen is 5 years above her. And at the release of Necrits video, Garen was officially 21 himself. > > Necrits age video was very wrong in a lot of places(Akali is _not_ 22, she's 17/18, 19 if you wanna stretch it). > > He also called Ekko 16 and Taliyah 22, when he's a year older than her AND she's confirmed as 16(so... many... fucking... times...). > > If you go back to posts from around the release video you'd see I lambasted it for it's utter inaccuracy. Lux and Garen are specifically stated to be 19 and 24 respectively during the events of the comic, which we don't know when it takes place in the timeline. A whole year or two might've passed after the comic's events, plus we have For Demacia which features Lux with a wand, so it definitely happened after the comic and Lux definitely seems more experienced with her powers, so it's most likely 3/4 years after the comic, unless they update it to be pre-comic which I seriously doubt. Also, the thing about Taliyah comes from this: https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1145741861832626185 Again, the timeline is kinda weird, so if the book explains everything, it'd be really handy. But anyway, as for Talon: While there are implications that Talon is younger than both Kat and Cass, but I don't recall there ever being a confirmation that Garen is older than Kat. And again, remember that Talon's lore isn't updated, they might change him into being the middle child or even older than Kat, because judging Talon solely based on appearance he really doesn't look 19, early 20s I can see, but not 19, especially compared to other people in his age range (Kayn, Akali, Lux, Ezreal...).
: ok so what is the main purpose to having chat?There really is no need for in game chat if you can use voice in partys.it will promote more better game play over all
> [{quoted}](name=TissTheKip,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZngR7YJE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T03:06:08.465+0000) > > ok so what is the main purpose to having chat?There really is no need for in game chat if you can use voice in partys.it will promote more better game play over all It's a TEAM based game, of course communication is important. High elo players need to communicate some things that are simply impossible to do with pings, like where the enemy jungle is at, asking for a gank, the jungler telling his team he's on his way in X amount of time etc. Also, while I've argued with a lot of people on league, there have been a lot of positive interactions too. Just complimenting your teammates on doing a good job can do so much for them, there's a damn reason why there are tilt proof and GG <3 honors, those players were nice in chat. If YOU personally don't want chat to be in the game, then you have the option to remove it, it's a choice. Don't remove the choice for other people who actually want to chat though.
GenoXx (NA)
: But that's to be given........Everything else she speaks with in a Jolly manner. Or a carefree manner...unfitting for someone dead for years...
> [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WRO6woEa,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T03:42:18.101+0000) > > But that's to be given........Everything else she speaks with in a Jolly manner. Or a carefree manner...unfitting for someone dead for years... I disagree. The only thing wrong with her VO in my opinion is there aren't any serious interactions with Lucian, it's all banter, otherwise I'd say it's fitting. Senna before getting trapped in the lantern while she was with Lucian was happy, jolly and a bit sassy. Now that she's out of the lantern, she's still that, but the difference is the line delivery. Their interactions explicitly feel awkward and cold, they're funny sure, but they're not the same as Xayah-Rakan, they haven't spoken in years and Lucian has doubts about Senna, so of course it's kinda weird. All of her other voice lines feel in character for past Senna, but at the same time it kinda feels like it's a ghost imitating Senna, not her actually. She doesn't have to openly talk about her trauma to express it, she mentions multiple times how being trapped was horrible, mostly in a jokey manner, but that's how a lot of people express trauma, so it's somewhat realistic. A traumatized person doesn't have to be someone terrified and explicitly only talking about their trauma, besides, they wouldn't be a champion if their trauma held them down and they couldn't do anything about their fear or their pain. Also, IMO the fact that Kai'sa doesn't sound traumatized is actually one of her strengths. I usually don't like most things Kai'sa related, but her VA did a good job. She sounds monotone, like she doesn't care about anything, almost like the Void traumatized her so much that her ability to feel is pretty much gone. She's acted like a wild animal for so long that her ability to emote is completely gone, and she's just neutral. Now, if only her voice lines weren't just counting kills and her opinions on fruit and trees, that would've been nice.
: Sylas has the potential to be the strongest in Lore
I really don't think Sylas can just absorb any magic that was cast during any period of time, especially not 4 billions years ago. Keep in mind, the Kayle and Morgana fight wasn't _that_ long ago, only about 1000 or so years ago, after the rune wars ended and Demacia was just starting off as a kingdom. Plus, there's also the amount of power that was used during the fight, Kayle and Morgana basically destroyed a whole small city with their destructive magic, they both went all out. So no, I doubt Sylas can absorb a small dust of magic that was made an hour beforehand, let alone millenia. EDIT: I just noticed that you specified petricite so, apologies on my part. But anyway, that's not particularly useful since petricite is unique to Demacia, while the walls can be used as weapons as they were in the lux comic, anywhere else, unless the place is innately magical or there's a mage around, his powers aren't that useful. Also galio isn't millions of years old, neither is demacia, hell godlike beings like Ornn aren't even millions, and I doubt Galio would just sit there and let it happen, once he wakes up, Sylas is pretty screwed.
mzicio (EUW)
: Bold of you to assume he'll have a personality! I think they're going for the "nameless evil" approach. He's going to be more of a natural phenomenon rather than a living being.
> [{quoted}](name=mzicio,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J1P1jqYO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-20T18:13:42.808+0000) > > Bold of you to assume he'll have a personality! > > I think they're going for the "nameless evil" approach. He's going to be more of a natural phenomenon rather than a living being. Exactly this ^^ Hope they go with this approach. But to add to that, I think a cool thing they could do for his interactions, assuming they'll go for the multi-voice fiddle, is to have him say things that would trigger traumatic memories in champs. For example, with Lucian he could imitate Senna's voice as she blames Lucian for getting caught, while on the other hand he could imitated Lucian's voice when talking to Senna to tell her that he doesn't love what she has become anymore, same could be done for Ashe-Grena, Lissandra-Avarosa and Serylda, Ekko-his dead friends, Ahri-her lover etc etc. Think this could be a cool way to further the lore with Fiddle.
Shmeeve (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AqlsT1KP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-19T19:15:51.697+0000) > > i really wonder who that is. the cards art is scarry honestly. Apparently it was a frozen watcher. Now it's just a watcher wandering around. God knows what that thing is doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Manxxom,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AqlsT1KP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-19T19:17:40.976+0000) > > Apparently it was a frozen watcher. Now it's just a watcher wandering around. > God knows what that thing is doing. While the design is really similar to the old watchers concept, it's almost definitely not a watcher. Lissandra's lore makes it pretty clear that they haven't gotten out, if they did there's no way she'd not notice or would just sit there quietly and it's implied them getting out is pretty much world ending. Those things are completely new to us, so currently it's a mystery to what they are.
: Is legends of runeterra canon???
If you mean the actual game being canon, like god poros trapping champs in cards and making a game around them, no, most likely not. But all the cards are definitely canon, they have so much detail behind them and have a ton of actual lore side characters. Honestly just scrolling through the cards as a lore fan is fun af. Remember: Runeterra is a huge world, characters from legends of runeterra don't have to be pre-existing characters like Yone or Tianna to still be canon.
: except it was canon that she's dead...they murdered gangplank's personality and playstyle for less
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4Xph3XG,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-13T22:32:55.719+0000) > > except it was canon that she's dead...they murdered gangplank's personality and playstyle for less Yeah, it's canon that she died. You know who also died in the canon? Karthus, Thresh, Hecarim and Kalista. We're talking about the freaking SHADOW ISLES here, someone dying and coming back should make complete sense to everyone. Also, apologise if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the GP rework? Oh no, how dare they rework the most stereotypical cartoonish pirate villain into something actually befitting of the serious setting of Bilgewater, they totally murdered his old "personality".
: > [{quoted}](name=Sergej561,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ivATPcdG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-07T20:21:35.610+0000) > > No, Darius is in no way connected to darkin or magic. In game abilities aren't meant to be taken that literally. If they were then Caitlyn/Twitch/Nidalee/Sivir/Gnar have infinite amounts of ammo/spears/whatever anyone throws, Jinx has super strength, Draven has telekinesis and can manipulate his axes to jump back to him, Vayne can summon bats to make her invisible but only when her big crossbow is out and Fiora can dodge a galaxy thrown at her by thrusting her sword. Funny but I always thought Vayne has some weird semi-magic tricks. Same as Fiora. This is still weird af.
> [{quoted}](name=Lonesome Wild,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ivATPcdG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-07T20:25:18.555+0000) > > Funny but I always thought Vayne has some weird semi-magic tricks. Same as Fiora. This is still weird af. Champions in game are meant to be equal with one another, that's why beings with no magic have abilities that can heal/make them invisible/dodge/increase their damage etc. It's not magic as much as it is game>lore, so I don't blame you for thinking it. Vayne and Darius are both fairly older champions so their healing/stealth aren't explained in their lore, same with Twitch or Talon's invisibility, Kat's blinking, Xin's ult, Sivir's E etc. Fiora's W is meant to be her parrying her opponents attack, something quite common in fencing, in lore she could probably parry an attack from a human like Garen but she can't dodge a galaxy. Honestly the best way of looking at it is disconnecting game mechanics from lore when it comes to older champions, since healing became part of Darius' kit they couldn't just remove it cuz "he can't do that in the lore" so now it's just there.
: Please explain what kind of magic Darius has
No, Darius is in no way connected to darkin or magic. In game abilities aren't meant to be taken that literally. If they were then Caitlyn/Twitch/Nidalee/Sivir/Gnar have infinite amounts of ammo/spears/whatever anyone throws, Jinx has super strength, Draven has telekinesis and can manipulate his axes to jump back to him, Vayne can summon bats to make her invisible but only when her big crossbow is out and Fiora can dodge a galaxy thrown at her by thrusting her sword.
MrEnds (NA)
: Your Favorite Champion Themes?
If I absolutely had to pick a favorite, it'd have to be Camille. It's just too amazing. But Kayle and Morgana, Evelynn, Dark cosmic Jhin, Base Jhin, Vi and Jinx all come really, really close.
Jacksin (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
GAREN X TARIC FOREVE- Jkjk No but fr I like a lot of ships in league, but some of my personal favorites are {{champion:99}} x {{champion:81}} {{champion:51}} x {{champion:254}} {{champion:86}} x {{champion:55}} {{champion:117}} x {{champion:45}} {{champion:134}} x {{champion:238}} {{champion:119}} x Tamara Andddd for a complete crack ship I like very much and it will never happen but the fanart is just too cute is {{champion:103}} x {{champion:8}} Don't even ask
: Just realized that this is a toxic community and when someone or i bring in an idea, it gets shot down by tons of negativity, not to mention people don't even read what i had typed out and only read the title and decided to comment on it with knowledge everyone already knows. Later, i'm done here.
> [{quoted}](name=Dark Sovereígn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=H5n8Vvzc,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-01T04:07:57.739+0000) > > Just realized that this is a toxic community and when someone or i bring in an idea, it gets shot down by tons of negativity, not to mention people don't even read what i had typed out and only read the title and decided to comment on it with knowledge everyone already knows. Later, i'm done here. "Oh no, is that criticism about my misinformed not so good idea about a champion? Toxicc community!1!!11!" There's a reason Warwick got reworked from a stereotypical werewolf to something much more fitting for the setting. The monsters we have IRL simply don't fit runeterra. I agree that league should have an old/ugly female champion, but her being full on Gruntilda wouldn't fly. Besides, lorewise Lissandra and Morgana both fit the witch stereotype, and hell, there are even witch themed skins, Bewitching being the sillier version, and Coven the more serious one.
NemeBro (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=He5ikKuT,comment-id=0003000100000000000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-09-27T22:26:29.357+0000) > > Please, if you are able, point out where I claimed anyone is racist. =) Sure > You don't need to explain your opinion that black people are uglier than white people to me buddy Did you mean to imply something else with this sentence or...?
Jacksin (OCE)
: Can Riot narrative just please just tell us what's up with Jax
I don't know why you're so against the idea of him being a troll. Not all media trolls are ugly, dumb, stereotypical "Im angry" type of trolls. He could be a cool troll. It could also be interesting to see how desert trolls evolved drastically differently than ice trolls (trundle). But anyway, part of Jax's charm is his mystery element, we don't know everything about him so it's fun to guess. Tho I did LOVE Where Icathia Once Stood so more content on Jax/Icathia would be very cool
NemeBro (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=He5ikKuT,comment-id=00030001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-27T18:26:30.309+0000) > > Literally none of that is relevant to the fact that they said that dark skin looks worse than pale skin, which is as I said an inarguable fact. =) > > Also, I'm sorry, but is the person I'm talking to your girlfriend or something? Who are you and why are you responding to my conversation with them with so much unwarranted anger and vitriol? Calm down buddy. =) Sure, next time a dark skinned person say they think darker skin is prettier than paler skin, I'll jump on them and tell them they're racist, good to know. People are allowed to have preferences. Stop attacking someone because they think a certain skin tone is prettier, not liking the look of dark skin =/= hating dark skinned people. Calm down.
: Can we get some new Morgana skins? Please post ideas.
If I'm not mistaken, they usually release a skin for a champion a couple months after their rework. It's been about half a year since the K&M VGU, and we still haven't gotten skins andddddddd there are upcoming star guardian skins, so I'm pretty sure those two will make it in this year's star guardian roster. Other than that, I'd LOVE Coven or a VS event legendary skin.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sergej561,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EkfmnVtU,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T22:39:57.152+0000) > > Okay, you really, really don't understand Targon lore do you? Garen didn't "save" Taric from the death sentence, he GAVE him the death sentence. The climb to mount targon is literally a death sentence. If you somehow survive the long trip filled with freezing weather, vertical rivers and huge falls, then you're screwed. The aspects don't just chose every person that manages to climb Targon, they chose those that they find worthy, and that's the huge minority. It's said that, before recent events, there was one aspect in every generation. Aspects are EXTREMELY rare, Taric was lucky that he got chosen. Garen doesn't know how aspects work, he just thought he'd send Taric to die. To quote the story: > "Taric was stripped of his rank and **sentenced by Garen to endure 'the Crown of Stone', a ceremony that demanded a dishonored soldier ascend Mount Targon, known to all as a death sentence**, as few mortals had ever survived the climb." > It says it there, clear as day, Garen sentenced Taric to the death sentence, a normal beheading would've been more merciful than the immense suffering that is caused by climbing Targon, so if anything, Garen sentenced Taric to something that's worse. > > The feeling isn't mutual. Taric still likes Garen just because Taric literally likes everything on Runeterra, he's the mortal aspect of the Protector, that's his entire job. Garen used to protect Taric because he thought he had potential, sure, but it was never implied that it was anything romantic and Garen eventually had enough of Taric's shit and decided to sentence him to DEATH. Garen's whole personality revolves around the fact that he does things in the name of duty, and often ignores his or others' emotions to do what he thinks is right. At that moment, whatever feelings or thought of potential Garen had for Taric were massively overshadowed by the need to instill the Demacian justice system. He even forced his own sister to marry someone despite the fact that she didn't want to, that's Garen's character flaw. > > No, rioters have officially stated that their interactions are technically canon, and not just meaningless jokes. The character's voice lines are meant to express the character's personality, so whenever the character meets someone that they haven't canonically met, that's how they'd react. For example, when Braum sees Jinx/Vi, he says that he's never seen dyed hair, which is canonically accurate. Mordekaiser knows Leblanc, so his interaction toward her is a reference to their connection. Also: > Tahm Kench: "You live by a code that'll never let you get what you want. Let me take you to her." > This is a quote by Tahm kench aimed at Garen. Tahm's whole shebang is that he makes contracts with people and makes their desires a reality, but then takes it all away and double crosses them. Every.single.other quote Tahm has against champs is 100% accurate to their lore and what they actually want, so we can assume this one's too and not just "a random fanon joke", not to mention Jhin, Illaoi and Pantheon also mentioning it, and all 3 of them are the type fo people who don't make dumb jokes. > > And finally, you have to be extremely ignorant to think, that after months of teasing through in game quotes, they just _happen_ to make a movie, that just _happens_ to star Kat and Garen being chained together and Kat literally saving Garen by the end of it, something that she wouldn't do for most other people, and to still think they have 0 romantic connections and won't happen. Their weapons literally mean nothing toward their connection, should Tryndamere and Braum be a pairing because both are part of the Avarosans and one uses a sword and the other a shield? I meaaaaan, Ashe uses an arrow that's not really fitting. > > Also, stop implying people are homophobic because they don't agree with your fan ship. I have absolutely 0 problems with gay people or fictional gay pairings, hell I want Caitlyn x Vi to happen. We're not arguing against you because "one's a straight ship and the other a gay one and we're homophobes who dont want any games on interwebs", we're arguing against you because you claim Garen x Kat isn't canon and is a dumb ship and Taric x Garen is 100% the ship that ABSOLUTELY MUST and WILL happen, when it's the other way around. 1. You didn't read all the lore, it says the mountain is for a new life in excile, so Garen saved Taric. There is the mutual feelings. 2. There is no romance content in any material about garen and katarina, that's why I said the quotes from champions in game are fanon jokes. Do you know what I mean by fanon ? It's offical fan work. I'm not sure if you are new to this part or not. It has nothing to do with the lore. The purpose is to be amusement in game, same idea like mene, fan made stuff, but it's offcially released fan stuff. Fan suff are something exaggarated from the lore. That is why there is no romance between them in the lore, I do repeat that part, you can't find any as there is none. 3. Here is what it says on the website of The shelved movie: PROFESSIONAL WORK Shelved Studio Project #1 (Animated) - Writer/Director Here is a selection of work from a shelved project I was writing/directing at a studio. I was asked to develop an animated fantasy film aimed at adults (age 18-30). Logline: Two sworn enemies discover a newfound respect for each other when they’re forced to put their differences aside and work together against a common enemy. It's not the kind of romance story you think, it's just an adventrue movie. I'm here to explain why I think garen and taric are bounded, and also why garen and katarina do not match up in romance way. That is my point. I'm not here to imply anyone being homophob, but if you ignore the mutual feeling between garen and taric then you have bais just because they both males, since you ship garen and kat so easily even if there is no lore implying they have chemical. Garen and kat are not canon, they are fanon. Do you know what i mean???? I've been repeating this. And that is why I'm here to explain why they do not match up as there are too many fanon about them. Even after I show you the canon video, where garen wants to kill katarina instead of protect her, you still hold to you opinion. Funny.
> [{quoted}](name=GayrensTari,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EkfmnVtU,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T22:57:31.516+0000) > > 1. You didn't read all the lore, it says the mountain is for a new life in excile, so Garen saved Taric. There is the mutual feelings. > > 2. There is no romance content in any material about garen and katarina, that's why I said the quotes from champions in game are fanon jokes. Do you know what I mean by fanon ? It's offical fan work. I'm not sure if you are new to this part or not. It has nothing to do with the lore. The purpose is to be amusement in game, same idea like mene, fan made stuff, but it's offcially released fan stuff. Fan suff are something exaggarated from the lore. That is why there is no romance between them in the lore, I do repeat that part, you can't find any as there is none. > > 3. Here is what it says on the website of The shelved movie: > PROFESSIONAL WORK > 1. Shelved Studio Project #1 (Animated) - Writer/Director > Here is a selection of work from a shelved project I was writing/directing at a studio. I was asked to develop an animated fantasy film aimed at adults (age 18-30). > > Logline: > > Two sworn enemies discover a newfound respect for each other when they’re forced to put their differences aside and work together against a common enemy. > > It's not the kind of romance story you think, it's just an adventrue movie. > > 4. I'm here to explain why I think garen and taric are bounded, and also why garen and katarina do not match up in romance way. That is my point. I'm not here to imply anyone being homophob, but if you ignore the mutual feeling between garen and taric then you have bais just because they both males, since you ship garen and kat so easily even if there is no lore implying they have chemical. > > 5. Garen and kat are not canon, they are fanon. Do you know what i mean???? I've been repeating this. And that is why I'm here to explain why they do not match up as there are too many fanon about them. I...I literally showed you the quote. In what world is "**KNOWN TO ALL AS A DEATH SENTENCE**" regarded as a new life in exile? You're either playing ignorant and in mega denial that your ship isn't gonna happen, or it's not an act. Also excuse me what? The quotes are made by Riot, they're official. I have no idea where you get the idea that the quotes are fanwork because that's not the case at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_3B3zl1PQ&t=200s Here's a video detailing how canon the quotes are. Also, there's no "romance stuff" in the lore because for the moment their stories are focusing on other aspects of their lives, but it's heavily, heavily implied that "the romance stuff" is gonna happen in the future. I'm just gonna leave this conversation right now because you're either a massive troll or denser than Malphite, literally everyone has been throwing the evidence in your face and you just chose to deny reality.
: It means nothing to you, but it means something to garen, who literally sees potential in taric even others all hates him. Taric is the role of protector because he is the sheild. Garen saved taric from death sentence, he never betrayed him. lolz. Why you people like exaggarating things no wonder you ship garen and kat. Look at this way, if the feeling is only on on side from Taric, then it can't explain why he feels attached to garen for so long time, and it can't explain why Garen protects him and sees potential in him, because everyone else hates him, there is no benifit for Garen to protects him to that far. It has to be mutal feeling. The in game is fanon jokes, it's not lore. Garen only protected her along with J4 for his duty as they were allies together by that time, and he never wants to protect her. He even wants to kill her in the cinematic video, lolz, I guess you just choose to ignore that part.here is the video if you want :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9I_W2vLVA The shelved movie also does not contain anything romantic. The movie description says clearly. If you choose to ignore that part too. And just how sword warrior match up with double blade assasin, beside its male and female, how does it match up better than sword warrior and sheild of valoran? Can you find any materials shows there is a romance feeling between kat and garen? No, they only have honors. The romance is in your mind because it's male and female. Your mind choose to ignore the feelings between garen and taric because they are both males.
> [{quoted}](name=GayrensTari,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EkfmnVtU,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-12T16:19:23.203+0000) > > It means nothing to you, but it means something to garen, who literally sees potential in taric even others all hates him. > > Taric is the role of protector because he is the sheild. > > Garen saved taric from death sentence, he never betrayed him. lolz. Why you people like exaggarating things no wonder you ship garen and kat. > > Look at this way, if the feeling is only on on side from Taric, then it can't explain why he feels attached to garen for so long time, and it can't explain why Garen protects him and sees potential in him, because everyone else hates him, there is no benifit for Garen to protects him to that far. It has to be mutal feeling. > > The in game is fanon jokes, it's not lore. Garen only protected her along with J4 for his duty as they were allies together by that time, and he never wants to protect her. He even wants to kill her in the cinematic video, lolz, I guess you just choose to ignore that part.here is the video if you want :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9I_W2vLVA > > The shelved movie also does not contain anything romantic. The movie description says clearly. If you choose to ignore that part too. > > > And just how sword warrior match up with double blade assasin, beside its male and female, how does it match up better than sword warrior and sheild of valoran? > > Can you find any materials shows there is a romance feeling between kat and garen? No, they only have honors. The romance is in your mind because it's male and female. Your mind choose to ignore the feelings between garen and taric because they are both males. Okay, you really, really don't understand Targon lore do you? Garen didn't "save" Taric from the death sentence, he GAVE him the death sentence. The climb to mount targon is literally a death sentence. If you somehow survive the long trip filled with freezing weather, vertical rivers and huge falls, then you're screwed. The aspects don't just chose every person that manages to climb Targon, they chose those that they find worthy, and that's the huge minority. It's said that, before recent events, there was one aspect in every generation. Aspects are EXTREMELY rare, Taric was lucky that he got chosen. Garen doesn't know how aspects work, he just thought he'd send Taric to die. To quote the story: "Taric was stripped of his rank and **sentenced by Garen to endure 'the Crown of Stone', a ceremony that demanded a dishonored soldier ascend Mount Targon, known to all as a death sentence**, as few mortals had ever survived the climb." It says it there, clear as day, Garen sentenced Taric to the death sentence, a normal beheading would've been more merciful than the immense suffering that is caused by climbing Targon, so if anything, Garen sentenced Taric to something that's worse. The feeling isn't mutual. Taric still likes Garen just because Taric literally likes everything on Runeterra, he's the mortal aspect of the Protector, that's his entire job. Garen used to protect Taric because he thought he had potential, sure, but it was never implied that it was anything romantic and Garen eventually had enough of Taric's shit and decided to sentence him to DEATH. Garen's whole personality revolves around the fact that he does things in the name of duty, and often ignores his or others' emotions to do what he thinks is right. At that moment, whatever feelings or thought of potential Garen had for Taric were massively overshadowed by the need to instill the Demacian justice system. He even forced his own sister to marry someone despite the fact that she didn't want to, that's Garen's character flaw. No, rioters have officially stated that their interactions are technically canon, and not just meaningless jokes. The character's voice lines are meant to express the character's personality, so whenever the character meets someone that they haven't canonically met, that's how they'd react. For example, when Braum sees Jinx/Vi, he says that he's never seen dyed hair, which is canonically accurate. Mordekaiser knows Leblanc, so his interaction toward her is a reference to their connection. Also: Tahm Kench: "You live by a code that'll never let you get what you want. Let me take you to her." This is a quote by Tahm kench aimed at Garen. Tahm's whole shebang is that he makes contracts with people and makes their desires a reality, but then takes it all away and double crosses them. Every.single.other quote Tahm has against champs is 100% accurate to their lore and what they actually want, so we can assume this one's too and not just "a random fanon joke", not to mention Jhin, Illaoi and Pantheon also mentioning it, and all 3 of them are the type fo people who don't make dumb jokes. And finally, you have to be extremely ignorant to think, that after months of teasing through in game quotes, they just _happen_ to make a movie, that just _happens_ to star Kat and Garen being chained together and Kat literally saving Garen by the end of it, something that she wouldn't do for most other people, and to still think they have 0 romantic connections and won't happen. Their weapons literally mean nothing toward their connection, should Tryndamere and Braum be a pairing because both are part of the Avarosans and one uses a sword and the other a shield? I meaaaaan, Ashe uses an arrow that's not really fitting. Also, stop implying people are homophobic because they don't agree with your fan ship. I have absolutely 0 problems with gay people or fictional gay pairings, hell I want Caitlyn x Vi to happen. We're not arguing against you because "one's a straight ship and the other a gay one and we're homophobes who dont want any games on interwebs", we're arguing against you because you claim Garen x Kat isn't canon and is a dumb ship and Taric x Garen is 100% the ship that ABSOLUTELY MUST and WILL happen, when it's the other way around.
: Please don't further exaggerating Garen&Katarina, they are not supposed to be romantic at all.
Garen and Taric have never been implied to be "soulmates", just because one is described as "the shield of Valoran" and the other uses a sword means nothing, while Taric's shield is significant to his story and his identity as "the protector", you can replace Garen's sword with literally any other weapon and nothing about his story would change. There is absolutely no mention of Taric in Garen's bio or short story, that in itself should be clear how little Taric means to Garen in the long run. Garen's main plot points is duty and family, mostly his ties with Lux and the fact that he (probably) knows she's a mage. And in Taric's bio, Garen turned his back on Taric and betrayed him in favor of serving his country and there's no implication that Garen even thinks about Taric anymore. He clearly has MUCH bigger issues to worry about. And Taric himself probably rarely thinks about Garen, since yknow he's kinda busy being a mortal aspect of the celestials. Garen and Kat is much more likely. They have been referenced by in game lines NUMEROUS times, too many to count actually, and no while the voice lines aren't technically canon, it's confirmed that if the champions themselves ever met the champion they're interacting with, that would be their reaction , for example Kai'sa has never met Jinx, so she reacts to the fact that Jinx is crazy. Furthermore, Kat is in Garen's related tab and vice versa, the pairing has been referenced in multiple skinlines including Odyssey and Battle Academia, and there was a shelved "movie" riot was making really recently called "Enemy of my enemy", where the main plot point is, well would you look at that, Garen and Kat's relationship. Garen and Kat is gonna end up being canon one day, that's really, really obvious at this point.

Sergej561

Nível 124 (EUNE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão