: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-02T22:16:46.603+0000) > > The Darkin lore was a huge failure from the start. It just paints all the sides as terribly stupid and nothing really has any meaning anymore. > > - Ascencion is no longer granted to the worthiest and immolates the unworthiest, it's a supersoldier maker. > - Azir saving Sivir and becoming worthy of Ascending doesn't matter anymore. If anyone can Ascend, why is Azir so special? > - Nasus is a sad fuck who didn't do anything - and he didn't go crazy like his kin for...reasons? > - Darkin are shown as one-sidedly as possible. Even though they are supposed to be broken soldiers without a king, they don't have half of the depth they're supposed to have. Aatrox is like the one doing all the tragic bits. > - Targon is a bunch of assholes. > - Icathia is a bunch of idiots who dropped an atomic bomb upon themselves and those who remained started giving themselves asspats while sitting balls deep in the Void. What do Targon and the Void have to do with the Darkin? Also I disagree about Ascension. Its more like a god maker. Also who is to say those folks weren't deemed worthy? Azir is special because his heart changed. Nasus isn't crazy because he wasn't tormented by Xerath for ages.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:34:49.574+0000) > > What do Targon and the Void have to do with the Darkin? The Void supposedly gave the Ascended a PTSD so strong they went crazy and became Darkin. Targon taught Shurima how to Ascend and then decided to turn Darkin into tools instead of just letting them die. > Also I disagree about Ascension. Its more like a god maker. Also who is to say those folks weren't deemed worthy? Azir is special because his heart changed. Nasus isn't crazy because he wasn't tormented by Xerath for ages. Ascencion was established as a rare thing. Quite a few people were actually worthy of Ascending. It didn't depend on someone's status, K/D/A or money. Renekton was a good warrior who scored lots of victories for Shurima but he was dead sure that the artifact would destroy him. The standard was that high. But then the Void happens and Shurima starts churning Ascendants out like it's not a big deal. Even someone like Rhaast managed to get his boost somehow. So, in that context, Azir trying to Ascend, failing and finally being deemed worthy doesn't matter anymore because a whole bunch of grade A assholes had turned into gods. As for Nasus, when I said that he didn't go crazy, I don't mean Xerath. I mean the entire Darkin ordeal where he just sat and watched at the shit show instead of doing something. Also, the fact that he was only one sane left, doesn't show other Ascended in good light. You can have several Ascended losing their sanity completely because of the Void - like those twins who lost a staring contest with one of the Watchers. But when almost all of them do this, that's bad writing.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Not sure how Ascension was really changed. It was still only bestowed upon the worthy ones, the unworthy ones that tried it were killed by it or turned into Baccai. Just because you are worthy though doesn't mean you'll always be worthy(Renekton is a prime example of this, so ascended warriors turning evil was something from the old lore already).
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MrzdEc5U,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-12-06T17:01:51.336+0000) > > Not sure how Ascension was really changed. > It was still only bestowed upon the worthy ones, the unworthy ones that tried it were killed by it or turned into Baccai. But we haven't seen any Baccai. Only a bunch of Ascended that went completely mental. > Just because you are worthy though doesn't mean you'll always be worthy(Renekton is a prime example of this, so ascended warriors turning evil was something from the old lore already). Renekton didn't turn evil. He was driven mad after sealing himself with a vicious mage who tortured him for centuries. Even in his old lore, he got twisted because he could see evil in the hearts of people who sought the ancient knowledge he guarded. In both cases, he was affected because of isolation and being subjected to various kinds of horrible things. The Renekton in the new lore was brutal but at the same time, he was ready to sacrifice himself to save others. He was ready to die to let Nasus live because he believed that he, a soldier, a brute, didn't matter compared to his brilliant brother. He locked himself with Xerath without hesitating. So, there is a reason why he was chosen and that stayed with him till the end. The Darkin we saw in the story? Nobody knows why the fuck they were considered worthy of anything.
: > So, are {{champion:201}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:110}} sexualized? Kayn could turn the biggest homophobe gay.. and Braum always succeeds.. at everything. the first time...
> [{quoted}](name=JoeAnarchy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jeta3Xeu,comment-id=000300010001000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T02:15:23.201+0000) > > Kayn could turn the biggest homophobe gay.. and Braum always succeeds.. at everything. the first time... His mustache need age restriction, to be honest. They tempt people.
Arakadia (NA)
: You tried to make logical sense out of all those designs when the point wasn’t that they were illogical but that they were sexualized significantly. Vayne’s outfit is within the realm of believable. So is Rakan being shirtless. But both characters are sexualized though. You also just had a lot of grasping at straws to make sense of some of these characters. Zyra grows entirely new bodies as seen in her short story, so her having tits _doesnt_ make sense at all. Your whole rant on Cass was mostly fan fiction. And then your totally out of nowhere strawman in response to OP saying Jinx does not have a huge hour glass (she doesn’t).
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jeta3Xeu,comment-id=0003000100010000,timestamp=2019-12-05T18:27:20.180+0000) > > You tried to make logical sense out of all those designs when the point wasn’t that they were illogical but that they were sexualized significantly. > > Vayne’s outfit is within the realm of believable. So is Rakan being shirtless. But both characters are sexualized though. Dude, you made it perfectly clear that you have a huge bias regarding sexualization for males and females. Lucian is not sexualized, but Vayne is, so she is a titty babe and a walking fuckpillow. Rakan is sexualized but Aphelios or Ezreal isn't. https://media2.giphy.com/media/Ca3ZNm1sIFbDG/giphy.gif > You also just had a lot of grasping at straws to make sense of some of these characters. Zyra grows entirely new bodies as seen in her short story, so her having tits _doesnt_ make sense at all. Except for the fact that she is using the same template - the sorceress who fought the Void in the gardens of Zyr. This is the form she was born in. That form happened to be a woman. Since Zyra doesn't really care about nudity or anything else, there is no reason for her to pay attention to tits. > Your whole rant on Cass was mostly fan fiction. Oh, really now? Well, since we started referring to the bios and stories **_For weeks she wept and howled, grieving her lost life… until the day she could weep no more. She dragged herself up from the depths of despair, determined to accept—maybe even someday embrace?—her fate. It was not the Ascension she had hoped for, but Cassiopeia had unearthed the magic of dead Shuriman gods. She would turn it to the schemes of the Black Rose just as she and her mother had planned, and she could feel this power growing within her, day by day. Though into what, even she cannot guess._** _No longer was she an influential voice in Noxian society—not since she had been reduced to this grotesque abomination in hiding._ _Upon her return from the desert, Cassiopeia had hidden in the crypt of her family’s residence, fearful of her transformation. She remained alone in the cold, dank vault for weeks, filled with disgust for her serpentine body and mourning the loss of her aristocratic life._ _“Once, I had to manipulate, bribe, or otherwise… persuade people to orchestrate my schemes,” she said. “But now… Now I simply take what I want.”_ _Cassiopeia flushed with pride as she considered her handiwork. Her life as a noble was over, yes, but never had she felt such boundless power coursing through her veins. _ >And then your totally out of nowhere strawman in response to OP saying Jinx does not have a huge hour glass (she doesn’t). Yeah, I kinda confused author with another type of people who constantly whine about sexualization. The OP just believes that any attractive character is sexualized.
: >Zyra is a plant that possessed a human woman. Who happened to have tits. You know, the things that all females have. Them retconning her lore doesn't change that she's sexualized, sorry. > So, the girls who don't have visible breasts and are thin are too ugly to be considered attractive by men, so they are safe and approved. Good message. How in the world was this your take-away? I was only saying that she's not your typical hour-glass figure that this game likes to use. Me implying she's sexualized is saying she has the means to be found attractive. You're the one that's implying she can't be attractive by stating that not being an hour-glass figure now associates you with a lack of attraction. > Irelia is a dancer. Her fighting movements are based on her dancing style, so her outfit requires maximum agility. Also, she is literally surrounded by flying blades she can control with her mind. It's not like its so damn easy to get close to her. She has large bulky armor on parts of her that don't accentuate her figure. Please tell me again how having your tits exposed enables flexibility, as opposed to hips and shoulders? > Since she crawls more than walks, wearing layers of shirts would be a waste of good clothing. Also, she used to be quite proud of her looks, so turning into a half-snake was a huge blow to her self-image and she had to simmer in self-pity before finally becoming at peace with her new body and combining her former and current self. Also, with her high self-esteem and increased strength, resilience and durability, she considers herself above average humans - and goddesses have nothing to hide. Having a reason to sexualize yourself doesn't mean you aren't sexualized. > She is dressed like a posh gladiator, which shows her obsession with gold and money. She is also terribly bad with money since she admitted that she instantly gambled her reward for one of her jobs. She also made quite a name for herself and she wants to be recognized and sought after, so no wonder she made sure people know who she is from a single look at her weapon and her outfit. Having a single look that basically lacks clothes doesn't mean you aren't sexualized. Again, having a reason you're sexualized doesn't mean you aren't sexualized.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jeta3Xeu,comment-id=0003000100010001,timestamp=2019-12-05T19:08:53.238+0000) > > Them retconning her lore doesn't change that she's sexualized, sorry. Dude, the part about her possessing a woman has never been retconned. _It was the first time in years Zyra had sensed a creature wander so close. Hunger drew her to the sorceress, but some other, deeper instinct compelled her. She enveloped the woman in thorns with ease, but as she savored this final meal, foreign memories invaded her thoughts. She saw great jungles of metal and stone where humans and animals thrived. Potent magic surged through her vines, and she devised an elegant but risky plan to survive. Using the woman's memories, Zyra poured her newfound magic into the creation of a human-shaped vessel. She didn't know what sort of world awaited her, but she had nothing left to lose. When Zyra opened her eyes, she was overwhelmed by the raw power ready at her fingertips. It wasn't until she noticed the shriveled remains of the plant she once was that she realized how vulnerable she had become. If this body died, there would be no network of vines to retreat through, no roots to regrow her... but she felt truly alive. She beheld the world for the first time as animals did, and a dark smile crept across her lips. She was reborn, and there was so much now within her grasp._ > How in the world was this your take-away? I was only saying that she's not your typical hour-glass figure that this game likes to use. Me implying she's sexualized is saying she has the means to be found attractive. Oh, so you are one of those who believe that even the character is even slightly attractive than that character is sexualized and everybody wants to fuck them. My bad. > You're the one that's implying she can't be attractive by stating that not being an hour-glass figure now associates you with a lack of attraction. People constantly bring up Jinx and Illaoi as a mean to say "See, they're not sexualized" even though Illaoi walks around without a bra, wants to have sex with Braum and constantly talks about how many lovers she had and Jinx wears tiny shorts and a bikini top. There are people who literally say that a woman who has muscles or doesn't have visible tits can't be sexualized because men don't find her appealing. > She has large bulky armor on parts of her that don't accentuate her figure. Please tell me again how having your tits exposed enables flexibility, as opposed to hips and shoulders? And Yasuo has a pauldron that would impale his cheek the moment he sneezes while his stomach is exposed but somehow nobody mentions that. Ionian armor is not a pinnacle of practicality. The thingies on her hips don't prevent her from moving. They are located too high for it. https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/015/559/718/large/jason-chan-ss19-cast-irelia-final.jpg?1548800691 For all we know, they are purely ornamental and this is her stylized dancer uniform. Also, her tits are not exposed FFS, **they are covered**. And it's not even like they are accentuated, they're just not surgically removed like you probably want them to be. > Having a reason to sexualize yourself doesn't mean you aren't sexualized. "Cover thy ankles, you harlot!" She didn't have a reason to be sexualized. She didn't have a reason to wrap herself in three layers of clothing and worry about what people will say about her. Cass is styled after Medusa and Lamia. One is cursed and the other is knowing for luring and corrupting noble knights. She is supposed to give off that predatory, carnal vibe while staying elegant and sophisticated. Yes, she wouldn't mind if someone finds her attractive but it's not like her appeal wasn't one of her main tools of manipulation. > Having a single look that basically lacks clothes doesn't mean you aren't sexualized. Again, having a reason you're sexualized doesn't mean you aren't sexualized. So, are {{champion:201}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:110}} sexualized?
: Wait...do you really think Vayne, Zyra, Kat, Irelia, Cass, Ori, Jinx, Sivir, and Quinn aren't sexualized? Vayne and Quinn wear leather/spandex body suits, basically. Ori: Robot boobs emphasized as cones. Zyra is a plant with needless tits. Kat was one of the original sex appeal figures of League. Jinx is barely clothed. She's only different in the aspect that she isn't a sexualized hour-glass figure specifically. Irelia is in a spandex body suit, with armor boob window, because reasons. Her armor doesn't really protect anywhere important. Cass: Snake bikini. Need I say more? Sivir's only reason for not looking sexualized is because her pose in her splash art doesn't show anything...which is terribly done overall and breaks basics anatomy rules. It was worse before everyone complained about it. She's still a "battle mistress" that wears no clothes.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jeta3Xeu,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-12-05T06:20:29.999+0000) > > Wait...do you really think Vayne, Zyra, Kat, Irelia, Cass, Ori, Jinx, Sivir, and Quinn aren't sexualized? > > Vayne and Quinn wear leather/spandex body suits, basically. Vayne wears a body suit that gives her a lot of movement freedom, which is logical since she fights things that don't really care about armor and she relies on her agility more than on her brute force. Also, her aesthetic is a combination between D The Vampire Slayer (dark, brooding hunter with a cool cape) and Bayonetta (aristocratic lady with great hair). As for Quinn, please rinse your eyes https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/36/Quinn_Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20190122200814 > Ori: Robot boobs emphasized as cones. And? > Zyra is a plant with needless tits. Zyra is a plant that possessed a human woman. Who happened to have tits. You know, the things that all females have. > Kat was one of the original sex appeal figures of League. Won't argue with that but how does it cancel her being edgy and brooding? > Jinx is barely clothed. She's only different in the aspect that she isn't a sexualized hour-glass figure specifically. So, the girls who don't have visible breasts and are thin are too ugly to be considered attractive by men, so they are safe and approved. Good message. > Irelia is in a spandex body suit, with armor boob window, because reasons. Her armor doesn't really protect anywhere important. Irelia is a dancer. Her fighting movements are based on her dancing style, so her outfit requires maximum agility. Also, she is literally surrounded by flying blades she can control with her mind. It's not like its so damn easy to get close to her. > Cass: Snake bikini. Need I say more? Since she crawls more than walks, wearing layers of shirts would be a waste of good clothing. Also, she used to be quite proud of her looks, so turning into a half-snake was a huge blow to her self-image and she had to simmer in self-pity before finally becoming at peace with her new body and combining her former and current self. Also, with her high self-esteem and increased strength, resilience and durability, she considers herself above average humans - and goddesses have nothing to hide. > Sivir's only reason for not looking sexualized is because her pose in her splash art doesn't show anything...which is terribly done overall and breaks basics anatomy rules. It was worse before everyone complained about it. She's still a "battle mistress" that wears no clothes. She is dressed like a posh gladiator, which shows her obsession with gold and money. She is also terribly bad with money since she admitted that she instantly gambled her reward for one of her jobs. She also made quite a name for herself and she wants to be recognized and sought after, so no wonder she made sure people know who she is from a single look at her weapon and her outfit.
Jacksin (OCE)
: I'm just so frustrating with Riot's refusal to push past gender stereo types.
If there is nothing sexually appealing about Zed and Talon, then why are there so many fujoshis are obsessed with them?
Jacksin (OCE)
: That's him millennia after being imprisoned. As an ascended, his arc would have mirrored his corruption.
> [{quoted}](name=Jacksin,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=m1cH2cGI,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T01:20:34.791+0000) > > That's him millennia after being imprisoned. And? He doesn't act like a warrior or a veteran. We don't know what he, Varus, lost after being forced into a bow. He is being pissy about humans for being inferior and outliving the glorious, superior Darkin. He is not a solemn warrior, he is an angry slaver who has just got told that humans are not target practice dummies. There are no memories to show what pains him or how he was affected, of his human past. Aatrox is a lot more believable because he us full of pain and anguish, and his story shows how much he suffers in a sword form. > As an ascended, his arc would have mirrored his corruption. The keyword is _would have_. But it never will. Because Riot wasn't even planning to go back to Varus' lost family route, you can clearly see it by the comic and the novel and the fact that the lost family bit appeared in Varus' bio only after the comic and the novel. They did it hoping that the people dissatisfied with the retcon would shut up.
: Hecarim's Largely Unjustified Ego
Him getting dunked on the Shadow Isles probably doesn't mean anything since wraiths like him and Kalista cannot kill each other permanently. Therefore, he still can act like a 2/20/0 Yasuo main to get under their skin.
Cdore (NA)
: Games are worse because Riot promotes selfishness as their business strategy.
> [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-03T21:58:52.377+0000) > > muting is encouraged https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FatherlyWelcomeArieltoucan-size_restricted.gif
Jacksin (OCE)
: I disagree, he was a grieving husband and father, which warped him into a monster. His humanity was forsaken and turned himself into something horrifying
> [{quoted}](name=Jacksin,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=m1cH2cGI,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-12-03T03:16:54.842+0000) > > I disagree, he was a grieving husband and father, which warped him into a monster. His humanity was forsaken and turned himself into something horrifying He became one with the entity and caused bloodshed among Noxians. So yes, he became a monster to those he came after. But don't tell me there is no difference between this: _Time passes quickly. There were more hunts, and more blood; mercies were promised, but withheld. Darkness swirled with the scent of wet leaves, oddly sweet, the broken bodies of men and women rendered wholly abstract in the course of their annihilation. Varus knelt over a sundered cart to seize a communique, pierced through by one of his sharp tendrils; it revealed the names of yet a few more Noxian dogs, responsible for issuing the order...The damning order. What they took from him he would repay a thousand-fold._ And this: _"My kind all but destroyed this world," he said. "And now we have been forgotten? How is that even possible?" With enough time, even the greatest horrors can fade. The voice echoed in his skull, impossible to ignore. Which one was it? Kai OriginalSquare Kai or Valmar OriginalSquare Valmar? He suspected Val, but mortal minds were so simple and muddy that it was hard to tell one from another. "Any race that can forget staring into the abyss of its own extinction does not deserve to live," said Varus._ _In seconds it was over. Sixteen dead, and he hadn't even broken a sweat. He felt the anguish of Valmar and Kai within him, and grinned. Every death gnawed at them, weakened them, and made them less able to fight him._ The first one is the monster with a purpose. A terrible purpose but the one people can empathize with. The second one is angry because people his kind used to treat like cattle survived and he wants to remind them about their place in the Darkin foodchain. Yep, there is also "you imprisoned my kin" motivation but the Darkin lore showed that Darkin were more than happy to kill each other and experienced nothing akin to brotherhood or unity. Why should people give a fuck about this Varus' vengeance?
Jacksin (OCE)
: Varus' story as a human wasn't even changed that much
> [{quoted}](name=TheDevice,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=m1cH2cGI,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T08:03:32.993+0000) > > But you're okay with the previous lore which was practically the same thing only he touched the nuke for revenge? If in his previous lore, Varus just YEETed into the pool to protect his family and the substance took over, leaving him a helpless observer, then yes, it would have been the same. However, that’s not what happened. He remembered his duty and stood his ground even though everything he knew and loved was in his village. He wanted to go there and help them more than anything but he did what he was chosen to do. He kept the Pit of Pallas out of the hands of Noxus but he paid a terrible price. Also, Varus’ judgement demonstrated that he spent some time around corruption and it reached out to him on many occasions. The dark entity in the pit wasn’t cartoonishly evil. It was otherworldly, with a mind of its own and an objective that people couldn’t grasp. It didn’t make it less dangerous and it certainly was creepier since it didn’t go “IMMA KILL SOME SHIT AS SOON AS I GET OUT” and used mostly Evangelion-level mindfuckery to communicate with Varus. _When it spoke next, he ceased to exist in the present altogether. Instead he waded through ankle-high blood, the ripples he made growing and rising until they roared and crashed. He heard a voice, then, or the idea of a voice, which said, pleadingly, "Now?"_ There is a history between Varus and the dark entity. In a paradoxical way, the dark entity, his prisoner to guard, was the only thing that remained of his former routine and village. There was a connection between them, shaped by the time of Varus’ vigil. _It peeled his hand, digesting it, consuming the bow. It ate both arms, and both legs, stopping out of... respect, if respect it may be called, for the Owl; it would not surpass the markings. In a moment of detached madness, Varus wondered how long that would last._ In the new lore, both boys still have their families and households. Valmar was called the Arrow of Protection, a title he supposedly deserved. He gave an oath that he claimed he remembered. He was told that the ancient power of the temple was focused on keeping the Big Bad chained. Yet he still dragged Kai into the pit, and slammed the door shut in the face of a **dying priestess** as she was pleading him to stop. So, A man who was familiar with the weapon he guarded, was fully aware of the consequences of using it, carries his guilt for fulfilling his duty and his curse with him - and still has enough willpower to go after Noxians only. It’s a sad tale of a broken man. Nobody knows how this tale will end, this is why there is so much tragedy and darkness to the Varus’ character. VS A guy who had **no clue** about what he was getting himself and his lover into, basically stepped over the person who tried to warn him, released the outright murderous and sadistic Big Bad upon his and his lover’s families, is terrified by the outcome because, once again, he had no idea what he was doing but hopes to fix everything with the Power of Love. The hosts of {{champion:266}} probably had lovers and families too but somehow it didn't do shit for them.
: I wonder if we will have more extension on the Darkin Lore
The Darkin lore was a huge failure from the start. It just paints all the sides as terribly stupid and nothing really has any meaning anymore. - Ascencion is no longer granted to the worthiest and immolates the unworthiest, it's a supersoldier maker. - Azir saving Sivir and becoming worthy of Ascending doesn't matter anymore. If anyone can Ascend, why is Azir so special? - Nasus is a sad fuck who didn't do anything - and he didn't go crazy like his kin for...reasons? - Darkin are shown as one-sidedly as possible. Even though they are supposed to be broken soldiers without a king, they don't have half of the depth they're supposed to have. Aatrox is like the one doing all the tragic bits. - Targon is a bunch of assholes. - Icathia is a bunch of idiots who dropped an atomic bomb upon themselves and those who remained started giving themselves asspats while sitting balls deep in the Void.
Jacksin (OCE)
: Varus' story as a human wasn't even changed that much
Even though Riot brough some of Varus' old lore back, it still feels stiff and half-assed because the new Varus is still more like a sociopath than a grieving husband and father. In the old lore, he was vengeful but solemn, more focused on the people he lost and how methodical, swift he was when he killed Noxians who were complacent in the massacre of his village. In his new lore, he random kills animals out of spite. Also, the entire duality - a guardian who lost everything because of his duty, succumbed to the corruption he was supposed to contain - has been forever lost. The new Varus is just not wholesome. and none of his parts have the same tragic feeling.
: People were upset that Riot removed Angry Vengeful Ionian #5 from the roster, and they were somehow more attached to a dude with a paragraph's worth of info that read as boring and stale as most other old-lore bits. Also because Kai and Valmar are gay.
> [{quoted}](name=Tyermaillin,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=m1cH2cGI,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-02T20:06:49.513+0000) > > People were upset that Riot removed Angry Vengeful Ionian #5 from the roster, and they were somehow more attached to a dude with a paragraph's worth of info that read as boring and stale as most other old-lore bits. Also because Kai and Valmar are gay. Kai and Valmar being gay has nothing to do with how stupid their story is. If they were a hetero couple, I would still have no empathy for an idiot who decided that launching a nuke **he was explicitly told not to touch IN ANY CASE** might heal his dying bride.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxsW40Vp,comment-id=000100010002,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:30:05.318+0000) > > Dude, I'm all for woman's rights, but when they force it, it goes from being a natural expression on the equality for woman to a forced agenda. It's why I love Wonder Woman. She is a badass character in her own right without constant flaunting the fact that she is a female. As long as she's really attractive and feminine though, right? That seems to fit a lot of guys agenda. A tall bombshell parading around in a low cut tight boobie tube top and mini skirt with a great smile, fighting crime for the good of the country. The irony that most men find an actress with short hair, fully covered that has a brain and doesn't constantly smile ( captain marvel ) more threatening in comparison to the above -- What a time to be alive.
> [{quoted}](name=Vulvarine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxsW40Vp,comment-id=0001000100020000,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:49:54.183+0000) > > As long as she's really attractive and feminine though, right? That seems to fit a lot of guys agenda. > A tall bombshell parading around in a low cut tight boobie tube top and mini skirt with a great smile, fighting crime for the good of the country. Literally nobody mentioned her looks until you showed up. So it seems more like a you problem. You better see a therapist before you start lashing out at people.
Destaice (NA)
: You can use some examples from the movie to see how it's all in the writing. According to the movie she's smart, funny, kind, heroic, and has tons of friends. But is she ever seen being any of those things? No. Instead it's almost entirely just exposition from another character talking about how great she is. She isn't written to do anything. They just tell you she has good qualities and has the character do literally nothing to show it.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxsW40Vp,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-26T15:26:23.646+0000) > > You can use some examples from the movie to see how it's all in the writing. According to the movie she's smart, funny, kind, heroic, and has tons of friends. But is she ever seen being any of those things? No. Instead it's almost entirely just exposition from another character talking about how great she is. Oh, I fucking lost it at that scene. They could have shown more flashbacks of her being smart, funny and kind or even helping her best friend through her divorce and being a single mother (you know, even having her remember Maria's daughter which would explain why they instantly got so chummy with each other). But nope, better cram every single bit of her memories with icky men being mean. Also, whenever she has a friendship with someone, there is no friction. I mean, it would make sense for her friend Maria to hesitate and be cautious around Carol at first because seeing your long-time friend go MIA and then reappear without her memories, while somehow acquiring abilities to fly and shoot nukes out of her hands, is suspicious at least. It would have been okay for her to doubt.
: Why is this character so hard to like?
I believe the problem is that they try to make an OP character relatable and inspiring without knowing what makes an OP character relatable and inspiring. They say that Carol reveling in her power and not feeling uncomfortable is a good message but it just doesn't work. Let's take Saitama from One Punch Man. I know it's a different genre but the way his character is handled is amazing. Saitama is the most powerful hero out there. He literally needs a one punch to demolish his enemy. And he gets tired of all the monotony that it entails. However he is not vain. He lives in a small apartment, constantly hunts for discounts in a supermarket and is fine with letting other heroes take the credit for any event he massively contributed to - in fact he despises those who care about their fame more than they care about people. When some dumbasses try to challenge him or call him names, he would rather dodge their swipes and ignore them - because he knows that he is stronger and it won't be a fair fight. However because of that he comes off as a soft-spoken, apathetic man with a goofy face - until shit hits the fan and he starts punching. That switch is what makes him so interesting and fun. With Carol Denvers, they want her to be everything at once and they also made her absolutely perfect. She was much more interesting when it was implied that she enjoys killing her enemies - and can't help it. Seeing a character who is supposed to be like Captain America but is in fact more cynical and fights her own scars trying to behave would have been interesting. As for Carol in movies...yeah, nothing invokes more sympathy than a formerly brainwashed soldier (who was claimed to be very kind and empathetic) demolishing her ex-brother and sisters in arms (who too might have been brainwashed and lied to) while screaming "Wooohooo!". Because obviously she is only one who suffered because, um, she is a woman and everyone hates women.
: APHELIOS TRAILER
So, we're about to see a new breed of mains that would finally make {{champion:157}} mains and {{champion:238}} mains shut up about how hard it is to play their champs and how much skill they require? Well I, for one, welcome our new pretentious overlords.
: > - So, Zed had to personally pick up the pieces left after Jhin's "creativity", including having to cut the little girl's leg off as she screamed and cried. That's a pretty fucking good reason for losing all respect for Kusho who didn't let him cut that masked bitch down as soon as they caught him. Yeah, I do get it why he wished to kill Khada Jhin back then. The thing Master Kusho had a good reason to make sure Jhin stayed alive, the question would be if he ever told it Zed and Shen... > - Zed is well aware that he leads the gang of dangerous kids, who have been scarred by the war in one way or another. He knows that they don't know better and he is self-conscious about their lifestyle and them not being "normal people". It's a nice touch when the antagonistic character doesn't think himself superior over civilians and has the maturity to admit that he is doing dirty work nobody wants to do because of some stupid spiritualism traditions that didn't save people from a massacre. This a trend in the more morally ambitious character I have seen and League I love it so much. They are aware of how people work and think and will act properly according to it. Like Kegan Rodhe directing his anger to Old Rygann which actually made his life miserable and not the other people of his village. >Here, in the stillest part of the night, Kegan stalked with exaggerated care, moving between the earthwork huts of the families that had rejected him and his mother for all of his short, harsh life. He felt no malice toward them, not anymore—the old anger was reduced to embers, alive but banked, burning low. If he felt anything more, it was a deep-grained and exhausted sense of pity. They were simple. They were slaves to their misjudgements. >No, his true hatred was reserved for one soul above all others. It makes a character feel so much more in control of their actions than simply being a slave of their emotions. > - Kayn looks more lively here. Feels refreshing to see him as something more than edgy mysterious scythe boy. The way he acts and speaks like a teen compared to Zed but looks up to him is endearing. Now, given that Kayn was shown wielding Rhaast on the cover, I wonder if they're going to retcon the way Kayne decided to pick up the demon scythe? Maybe it will have to do something with Jhin. Like Kayn trying to protect his master and kill the fucker first? I think Riot has been establishing him as lonely and poorly socialized for a while, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to indicate that the guy actually cares for someone. > UPD: Yes, I kinda missed that he must be wielding Rhaast already because his arm looks weird. But the thing behind his back doesn't look like Rhaast, so I decided it was an ordinary, Darkin-free weapon. Naw, Kayn avoids to pick up Rhaast if he can help himself in other ways. No need to let be corrupted more than he already is. But I'm 100% he will use Rhaast later in the comic because Jhin doesn't pick fair fights to begin with. > Frankly speaking, it's hard for me to find the Order of Shadows 100% evil. Lots of his members are positioned as bloodthirsty or outright unstable (at least in Legends of Runeterra) and it kinda sad that Nexus and Demacia get some ambiguity but so far nobody has shown why people joined Zed. > Basically, Zed refused to stay idle and watch Ionia burn, so he did what he thought his master and Shen didn't have the guts to do. The people who joined him have lost their loved ones and, it seems, he took in a lot of orphaned kids because it seems that not everyone was protected by a random spirit {{champion:39}}. So, Zed probably helped them when nobody did. That means a lot. A good act doesn't nullify a bad one. Yes, Zed fights for Ionia and picked a lot of war ophans, but he also is ready to steal the magic of the land to killing the vastayan in the progress. Or kill a person for political reason simple because he doesn't the same view how Ionia should be ruled. Only because Zed is not the classical villain (he is more of an anti-villain) doesn't make his action right.
> [{quoted}](name=Lady Faceless,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yjig4POz,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-11-23T09:55:10.480+0000) > > Yeah, I do get it why he wished to kill Khada Jhin back then. The thing Master Kusho had a good reason to make sure Jhin stayed alive, the question would be if he ever told it Zed and Shen... It seems like he never did. I really hope that issue 2 will show something about it. > This a trend in the more morally ambitious character I have seen and League I love it so much. They are aware of how people work and think and will act properly according to it. Like Kegan Rodhe directing his anger to Old Rygann which actually made his life miserable and not the other people of his village. Kegan's story is my second favorite. I like it when Riot dips into more mature and darker themes. They make you really question how things would have turned in other scenarios because their personality is full of nuance. In Kegan's case, I felt that if he met someone more therapeutic than Ryze, he would be better off. > A good act doesn't nullify a bad one. Yes, Zed fights for Ionia and picked a lot of war ophans, but he also is ready to steal the magic of the land to killing the vastayan in the progress. I didn't say that everything Zed does is heroic. There is grim practicality behind his decisions. If he doesn't use the magic of the land, then Noxians certainly would because if there is something Noxus can use, Noxus will use it. He doesn't seem to have faith in the First Lands defending themselves just like the balance intended. So he is guided with the belief that the ultimate villains and ultimate victors are only defined by the who's on the winning side. It's more of a tale of turning into the very enemy he fought for. It's dark, brutal and definitely not fair. Yet, this is more satisfying by other Ionian reboots (at least for me) >Only because Zed is not the classical villain (he is more of an anti-villain) doesn't make his action right. I didn't say it was right. But it's quite interesting to explore. Zed's bio got a lot more ambiguous as time went by. He practices a very militaristic approach against all foreigners and took Kayn in as a way to mock Noxians by killing them with their own "weapon". From that perspective, Kayn is more like his revenge project, someone who Zed would train to do everything for his praise - but won't really care about. However, in the comic Kayn is not shown as being fearful of Zed like a harshly trained assassin would be fearful of his cold and superior master. In fact, he openly asks Zed about his decisions and is the one to remind him about the financial issues. Kayn does all of that in a calm, almost relaxed way, which shows that they share mutual trust. Also, while Zed calls Shen's path weak and criticizes his father, it's funny how Kayn, who wasn't trained by Shen, never has anything bad to say about Shen. It's respect and even regret (which is NOT typical for Kayn when it comes to killing others). Even Akali treats Shen worse. Since Zed affects Kayn a lot, we can assume that somebody has never said a bad thing about Shen in Kayn's presence. Also the comic implies that there are two sides to Zed. He is still saddened and bitter by how the things turned out - and he preferred to face Althon himself because he felt it was the right way to do so. However, when the mask is on, he is that cold assassin that knows no mercy and kills without hesitation. As if that's what he made himself to be because he knows there is no other way.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T21:43:29.899+0000) > > That bias of yours popped up faster than I expected. Aphelios having a pretty faces doesn't go in with his assassin background and him swallowing posion that permanently crippled him. He looks like he walked out from a boutique, not from hiding, FFS. But somehow it doesn't sacrifice creativity because something something "all pretty women are sluts and fuckpillows" {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Why not? Literally anyone can have a pretty face. Why does beauty and pretty faces fit assassins like Katarina but not Aphelios? Truth is, it doesn't. The poison is painful and made him mute but there is literally 0 reason for you to assume he should be crippled or look fucked up outside of you trying to push your narrative. And WTF do you mean he looks like he walked out of a boutique? Kai'sa lived in fucking caves in the desert and she has more makeup than him. Literally all he has is one moon tattoo which is totally fitting for a religious moon zealot. It's not like he was a caveman, he obviously was well off considering his whole design is rather sophisticated. > Also, nice job trying to ignore tons of husbando bodies: {{champion:517}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:157}} > I didn't ignore them. They literally all have different body types than Aphelios who is slender and twinkish.... why would I compare them? Besides the number of waifus still vastly outnumbers the number of male champions. And while female sexualization usually means her entire design, body, face, poses, and splasharts include significant sex appeal. It can be sometimes subtle but its consistantly throughout every part of the character. Male sexualization means he has an attractive face and AT MOST he is shirtless. Even if the quantity were equal, the quality is not. > Ooooh, it seems the patient hasn't gotten better. OK, let's see.." Are you roleplaying a doctor or something....? Anyways all the Riven skins you listed have sex appeal as a significant part of how they were illustrated. It's like each one _has_ to have an arched back, big breasts, the generic same face with everything idealized, a very strong hourglass, slender body, etc. I never said they were all sexy, I said they were all revealing and to varying extents. I don't really care to let some stalker derail the convo over something I said a while back in a different context. Its entirely unrelated to the **fact** that Apehlios literally only has a uniquely pretty face, while most league girls have very little variety in terms of their idealized body/face. > So, basically, every woman with even slightly feminine features and bodyshape is sexualized for you and just begging to be fapped to. No girl should leave her home wearing clothing that outlines her figure. Look, we have established that you have a problem with women, so I really hope you stay away from girls and their drinks IRL. You must be projecting because that is the most fantastical strawman I've seen besides claiming I want every League girl in a burqa. Did you not even read my previous comment or did you just miss the entire point? What I said, very clearly, was that a FICTIONAL CHARACTER can be slightly sexualized or extremely sexualized, and sexualization can be more or less fitting (Eve should be sexy, Kayle should not). Thats called nuance. But somehow you still don't understand that sexualization is not a binary between burqa and pornstar. Anyways, your totally grasping at straws if you think Aphelios is at all comparable to female sex appeal in League. Maybe if his clothing outlined his muscles, gave him a big V chest, he showed some skin, posed to show off an appealing silhouette in his splashart, then he would be comparable. But as of now he has a pretty face and the rest of the design/splash is focused on making him cool and interesting, not sexy.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T03:39:31.991+0000) > > Why not? Literally anyone can have a pretty face. Why does beauty and pretty faces fit assassins like Katarina but not Aphelios? Truth is, it doesn't. > > The poison is painful and made him mute but there is literally 0 reason for you to assume he should be crippled or look fucked up outside of you trying to push your narrative > And WTF do you mean he looks like he walked out of a boutique? Kai'sa lived in fucking caves in the desert and she has more makeup than him. Literally all he has is one moon tattoo which is totally fitting for a religious moon zealot. It's not like he was a caveman, he obviously was well off considering his whole design is rather sophisticated. You would be singing a completely different song if that was a girl. Right now, you ignore everything that would have made you go mad if that character happened to be a pretty assassin girl in a coat. So you're acting all defensive because you're trying to push your narrative - that's its only women who are unreasonably attractive for their lifestyle but male characters are somehow not. So none of your arguments really holds any value. You're clearly biased and want to complain about waifus. > I didn't ignore them. They literally all have different body types than Aphelios who is slender and twinkish.... why would I compare them? Besides the number of waifus still vastly outnumbers the number of male champions. And while female sexualization usually means her entire design, body, face, poses, and splasharts include significant sex appeal. It can be sometimes subtle but its consistantly throughout every part of the character. Male sexualization means he has an attractive face and AT MOST he is shirtless. Even if the quantity were equal, the quality is not. So, they're sexualized but not sexualized? Lmao. So, it's enough for girl to show some skin and be good-looking BUT the guy doing the same is not enough because...uuuh...reasons! Omg, that's hilarious {{sticker:sg-kiko}} Also, don't give me that crap about bodytypes. 95% of male characters in the League have features that are considered appealing and aesthetically pleasing to the female gaze: - Broad shoulders and narrow waists. - Well-defined strong chins and sculpted cheekbones. - Silky smooth bodies. No hairy legs, no hairy backs, **nothing. ** Anyone outside these 95%? - Freaks of nature {{champion:27}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:202}} - Monsters. {{champion:121}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:72}} - Gragas - Children and yordles. Basically, their non-standard features are associated with something freaky, unnatural and exist to mark their grotesque personalities. > Anyways all the Riven skins you listed have sex appeal as a significant part of how they were illustrated. It's like each one _has_ to have an arched back, big breasts, the generic same face with everything idealized, a very strong hourglass, slender body, etc. I never said they were all sexy, I said they were all revealing and to varying extents. Hmmm. And what is so sexually stimulating about an arched back? Also, it's funny how you manage to pay attention to her breasts when her sword is a literal centerpiece of almost every skin art. Like, you weren't even supposed to stare at her tits, even Valiant Sword Riven looks tame. You see why I called you a patient? Because it's like taking a Rorschach test with a sexual deviant. > I don't really care to let some stalker derail the convo over something I said a while back in a different context. Its entirely unrelated to the **fact** that Apehlios literally only has a uniquely pretty face, while most league girls have very little variety in terms of their idealized body/face. - Decides to waddle in an comment "buh all women R sexualized hurduur" - Calls me a stalker because I happen to remember the overwhelming stupidity he spewed - LMAO > You must be projecting because that is the most fantastical strawman I've seen besides claiming I want every League girl in a burqa. Did you not even read my previous comment or did you just miss the entire point? What I said, very clearly, was that a FICTIONAL CHARACTER can be slightly sexualized or extremely sexualized, and sexualization can be more or less fitting (Eve should be sexy, Kayle should not). Thats called nuance. But somehow you still don't understand that sexualization is not a binary between burqa and pornstar. I don't have to project, you're making it perfectly clear that you cannot tell the difference between simply attractive and sexual. You view classic feminine shape as something only worthy of fucking otherwise you won't be frothing at the mouth for Karma showing some leg or Riven...standing with her back straight and letting people see the curve of her spine? Fuck, even when a woman is slender, she is sexualized. I remember you saying that {{champion:28}} and {{champion:21}} are allowed to look like they look like because they're flirty sluts. So yeah, you do want every girl in League either in a burka or so deformed that none of her feminine features are visible - unless her occupation has something to do with having sex. Seriously, do you even hear yourself talk? > Anyways, your totally grasping at straws if you think Aphelios is at all comparable to female sex appeal in League. Maybe if his clothing outlined his muscles, gave him a big V chest, he showed some skin, posed to show off an appealing silhouette in his splashart, then he would be comparable. But as of now he has a pretty face and the rest of the design/splash is focused on making him cool and interesting, not sexy. Like you yourself just said, sexualization is a spectrum, eh? So a girl is still sexualized because she has a beautiful face in spite of her occupation and her being dressed in loose-fitting clothing while sitting on the chair in the most static, most unsexually appealing pose possible? So don't try to shift the goalposts, you're doing a shitty job. The secret is, both girls and boys like to look at attractive people. League provides for both and my initial comment made fun of the idiots who thought that all the attractive men in the League were only attractive because "male power fantasy".
: Comic was decent, only a little action, and the order's motives aren't exactly clear. If we're getting a Zed vs. Jhin confrontation next issue, I really do wonder how it is that Jhin actually *survives*. Zed took out Althon in a couple of moves, and that guy was a master martial artist (as are Shen and Zed). How's some lanky dude with a limp able to survive a head-on confrontation with *Zed*? I do wish Riot was more willing to actually kill off champions in the lore who aren't already dead (Hec, Kalista, Thresh, Sion, etc.). God knows Jhin and Sylas have it coming, among others. Also, so much for the order of shadows being these spooky badass martial artists--they seem more like a bunch of poorly-socialized teenagers led around by a guy with a non-negligible case of mental trauma. Granted, they can be both.
> [{quoted}](name=IlyaK1986,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yjig4POz,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-11-20T22:36:46.411+0000) > > Comic was decent, only a little action, and the order's motives aren't exactly clear. If we're getting a Zed vs. Jhin confrontation next issue, I really do wonder how it is that Jhin actually *survives*. Zed took out Althon in a couple of moves, and that guy was a master martial artist (as are Shen and Zed). How's some lanky dude with a limp able to survive a head-on confrontation with *Zed*? I think Jhin is not going to take on Zed. He wants to clash him with Shen and then murder them both painfully after they nearly kill each other and are too weak to fight back. Or he spammed his E like the piece of shit he is. > God knows Jhin and Sylas have it coming, among others. Agree. > Also, so much for the order of shadows being these spooky badass martial artists--they seem more like a bunch of poorly-socialized teenagers led around by a guy with a non-negligible case of mental trauma. Granted, they can be both. They are definitely both. They were trained by Zed to fight Noxus, so they saw some shit. But after this, there is no going back for them - at least Ionians won't take kindly to their use of shadow magic.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T08:23:37.764+0000) > > 1) You assume that boards won't be raising hell and giving Riot shit for "another pretty-faced generic fanservice female champ" if that champ was female - and you know they totally would. > > 2) You said that Riven_ is always hot and revealing in her every skin_. Gotta do something about the way you define sexualization because it's as stable as a webbing made by a spider high on caffeine. 1. The board raises hell because we have a thousand fucking waifus and often that means Riot sacrificed a more creative concept to pander to boners. Aphelios having a pretty face neither sacrifices creativity nor is the face shape overused like waifu body/face is overused. Not comparable. 2. Riven is revealing in every skin. Sexualization has what's called nuance however. Sexualization is a spectrum. Miss Fortune is super sexualized. Akali is sexualized but in a tasteful and very fitting way. Karma has minimal sexualization but it's there.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T20:43:25.891+0000) > > 1. The board raises hell because we have a thousand fucking waifus and often that means Riot sacrificed a more creative concept to pander to boners. Aphelios having a pretty face neither sacrifices creativity nor is the face shape overused like waifu body/face is overused. Not comparable. That bias of yours popped up faster than I expected. Aphelios having a pretty faces doesn't go in with his assassin background and him swallowing posion that permanently crippled him. He looks like he walked out from a boutique, not from hiding, FFS. But somehow it doesn't sacrifice creativity because something something "all pretty women are sluts and fuckpillows" {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Also, nice job trying to ignore tons of husbando bodies: {{champion:517}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:157}} > 2. Riven is revealing in every skin. Ooooh, it seems the patient hasn't gotten better. OK, let's see.. My God. What a slut. Look at that revealing outfit. https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_fill,w_912,h_516,f_auto,q_auto,g_auto/shape/cover/sport/5b7f01942256cf10ac000001.jpeg Ugh. Look at all this boner-pandering https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/008/834/683/Riven-Wallpaper-Background-PC-4015.jpg?rect=885,0,1130,1130&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=640&h=640 Damn it girl, put something on, the kids are watching! https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/landscape/riven-pulsefire.jpg Curse those artists for admitting that breasts exist and not just erasing them from the breast cage! https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/landscape/riven-dawnbringer.jpg They really, really have to accentuate boobs every time! https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Riven_6.jpg > Sexualization has what's called nuance however. Sexualization is a spectrum. Miss Fortune is super sexualized. Akali is sexualized but in a tasteful and very fitting way. Karma has minimal sexualization but it's there. So, basically, every woman with even slightly feminine features and bodyshape is sexualized for you and just begging to be fapped to. No girl should leave her home wearing clothing that outlines her figure. Look, we have established that you have a problem with women, so I really hope you stay away from girls and their drinks IRL.
: Really hoping Cassiopeia will get a Winter skin...
If Riot ever decides to do it...oh, who am I kidding, they won't do it and we know they never will. So, I'll just sit there, imagining Cass wearing something like this because her scaly parts get cold too: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFY-hx2XkAEgSYG.jpg
: [Spoilers!] Zed Issue Nr 1. Discussion
So far, I'm enjoying that comic. - So, Zed had to personally pick up the pieces left after Jhin's "creativity", including having to cut the little girl's leg off as she screamed and cried. That's a pretty fucking good reason for losing all respect for Kusho who didn't let him cut that masked bitch down as soon as they caught him. - Zed is well aware that he leads the gang of dangerous kids, who have been scarred by the war in one way or another. He knows that they don't know better and he is self-conscious about their lifestyle and them not being "normal people". It's a nice touch when the antagonistic character doesn't think himself superior over civilians and has the maturity to admit that he is doing dirty work nobody wants to do because of some stupid spiritualism traditions that didn't save people from a massacre. - Kayn looks more lively here. Feels refreshing to see him as something more than edgy mysterious scythe boy. The way he acts and speaks like a teen compared to Zed but looks up to him is endearing. Now, given that Kayn was shown wielding Rhaast on the cover, I wonder if they're going to retcon the way Kayne decided to pick up the demon scythe? Maybe it will have to do something with Jhin. Like Kayn trying to protect his master and kill the fucker first? I think Riot has been establishing him as lonely and poorly socialized for a while, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to indicate that the guy actually cares for someone. UPD: Yes, I kinda missed that he must be wielding Rhaast already because his arm looks weird. But the thing behind his back doesn't look like Rhaast, so I decided it was an ordinary, Darkin-free weapon. Frankly speaking, it's hard for me to find the Order of Shadows 100% evil. Lots of his members are positioned as bloodthirsty or outright unstable (at least in Legends of Runeterra) and it kinda sad that Nexus and Demacia get some ambiguity but so far nobody has shown why people joined Zed. Basically, Zed refused to stay idle and watch Ionia burn, so he did what he thought his master and Shen didn't have the guts to do. The people who joined him have lost their loved ones and, it seems, he took in a lot of orphaned kids because it seems that not everyone was protected by a random spirit {{champion:39}}. So, Zed probably helped them when nobody did. That means a lot.
: Does Kayn have any family?
He used to have a loving, middle-class family but they all cut themselves with that edge of his.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-19T17:42:14.655+0000) > > Look at that disgusting male power fantasy. Rito has no shame. > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Q6pewZ6LWro/hqdefault.jpg I know your joking but this guy isn't sexualized at all. He's got a kpop face and thats literally it.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lAfEOtQ,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:03:22.660+0000) > > I know your joking but this guy isn't sexualized at all. He's got a kpop face and thats literally it. 1) You assume that boards won't be raising hell and giving Riot shit for "another pretty-faced generic fanservice female champ" if that champ was female - and you know they totally would. 2) You said that Riven_ is always hot and revealing in her every skin_. Gotta do something about the way you define sexualization because it's as stable as a webbing made by a spider high on caffeine.
: New champion revealed - Aphelios, the Weapon of the Faithful
Look at that disgusting male power fantasy. Rito has no shame. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Q6pewZ6LWro/hqdefault.jpg
: Champions who would have been a better True Damage DJ than Yasuo.
"Bu-buh Yasuo is so popular and h-he is the only champ that sells!...Fapping to the edgy samurai and stroking his mains' boners...this is the only way for Rito to survive !" (c) some weeb
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ONz3Hqu5,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-19T07:39:44.528+0000) > > Well then don't be a little bitch and cry when a top laner doesn't come to help you with the Herald because they have their hands full dealing with a complicated matchup AND the enemy jungler harassing them. And when the top laner stays on the lane the entire game pushing their line instead of taking part in a midfight, it's the bed that you made. Top laners don't owe you shit. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} 1. I main Shaco jungle, so I'm perfectly fine soloing Rift Herald without you. Not that you'd even rotate for it anyway. 2. If bot and mid get fed enough (and with my help, they will), we're perfectly fine taking 4v5 teamfights while you throw your little splitpush tantrum up top. Cry more.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ONz3Hqu5,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-19T14:58:49.307+0000) > > 1. I main Shaco jungle, so I'm perfectly fine soloing Rift Herald without you. Not that you'd even rotate for it anyway. Have fun getting humped by the enemy top lane, enemy mid and enemy jungler because I'm not leaving my lane to help the likes of you. > 2. If bot and mid get fed enough (and with my help, they will), we're perfectly fine taking 4v5 teamfights while you throw your little splitpush tantrum up top. Cry more. So, when top lane decides to go solo because of the useless team dying somewhere on the map and just push while the enemy is busy, it's a tantrum? Lmao.
: Camping for a competent bot lane is ALWAYS more useful than camping for a competent top lane
Well then don't be a little bitch and cry when a top laner doesn't come to help you with the Herald because they have their hands full dealing with a complicated matchup AND the enemy jungler harassing them. And when the top laner stays on the lane the entire game pushing their line instead of taking part in a midfight, it's the bed that you made. Top laners don't owe you shit. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Horızen (NA)
: What the f*ck is with losers spamming "tryhard"
> [{quoted}](name=Horızen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EFHAtukr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-12T08:45:21.996+0000) > > The hell is wrong with wanting to win. That's the point of the damn game-- to win. > > Why don't you go make fun of a weight lifter for building muscles while exercising. Pure salt. Comparing a keyboard warrior to guys who actually do something with their life...and they wonder why people call them tryhards {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: When Qiyana does it, it's obnoxious, but when Camille does it, it's classy
A funny thing is that I find {{champion:246}} more interesting and alive because of her arrogance. Take Lux, for example. Not only she is a prodigy who kinda was born as a superpowerful mage, who is also rich, who is also coddled and loved by everyone, from a psycho terrorist {{champion:517}} to a stone gargoyle {{champion:3}} but also she is that super nice super perfect girl that the plot itself bends to her nicety. Qiyana, on the other hand, is a gifted mage too but she is also very spoiled, very arrogant and full of herself because she knows that she is a prodigy and she believes she deserves the best. It's logical she would be that way. That gives her character some refreshing balance and makes her more entertaining because she may be perfect in her use of elemental magic and combat but she causes more friction as she goes - as someone of her abilities is** expected to cause. **
: True Damage Yasuo
Because Yasuo is gross and cosmetic arts attempting to hide his true nature can only fool you for a while.
: If League's music groups are going to be a yearly thing...
I just want a deathcore band with Rammstein-level erotica {{champion:266}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:141}}
Vexilus (NA)
: Best Romantic Dynamic?
{{champion:119}} x {{champion:119}} You plebs know nothing about true love dynamic.
Jacksin (OCE)
: This 14 year old act of pretending to be edgy and not appreciated tolerance or acceptance is getting old. I'm not "reducing" anything to race. I'm not saying the skin line is solely good because there are no white people. This post isn't about the skin line, it's about the diversity that Riot is producing. You are the one that is making this a political issue, not me. And on another note YES this is all about skin tone. Because Riot hadn't released a black champion AT ALL until Lucian, and then they lacked with diversity so long. And now there are multiple people of colour, ethnicities and other minorities represented in the game. You're fixated on diversity and acceptance being something bad for some reason, I don't know if it's internalized bigotry, straight up racism or you just like adhering to the echo chamber of your political agenda but whether you like it or not people enjoy celebrating diversity and you gotta deal with it I personally don't care if you think it's dense and shallow to appreciate diversity in spite of having so little of it for so long. I can live with that, because your opinion means very little to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Adder,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=0005000000000002,timestamp=2019-10-31T21:29:54.963+0000) > > This 14 year old act of pretending to be edgy and not appreciated tolerance or acceptance is getting old. > > I'm not "reducing" anything to race. I'm not saying the skin line is solely good because there are no white people. https://i.ibb.co/k5dtwYh/uj.png Except you literally said it bub. > This post isn't about the skin line, it's about the diversity that Riot is producing. You are the one that is making this a political issue, not me. Am I the one who started that thread focusing attention exclusively on the skin tone? > And on another note YES this is all about skin tone. Because Riot hadn't released a black champion AT ALL until Lucian, and then they lacked with diversity so long. And now there are multiple people of colour, ethnicities and other minorities represented in the game. Like what kind of sad slob you have to be to sit there and count how many people of which race were released? Riot didn't add any characters of my ethnicity, so should I go and make one thousand posts about it? > You're fixated on diversity and acceptance being something bad for some reason, I don't know if it's internalized bigotry, straight up racism or you just like adhering to the echo chamber of your political agenda but whether you like it or not people enjoy celebrating diversity and you gotta deal with it I just make fun of clowns who cannot cherish characters for what they are and instantly reduce them to skin tone as if it everything that matters about a character. I could talk a lot about the media I consumed throughout my life, including works by people in Spain, Africa, China, etc, etc but it won't do anything to you because I doubt you actually bothered to read something the mainstream media didn't specifically tell you to read. > I personally don't care if you think it's dense and shallow to appreciate diversity in spite of having so little of it for so long. I can live with that, because your opinion means very little to me. Yeah, that's exactly why you made a little "go away you troll" tantrum and then erupted into a rant. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=JustMonika13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=000300030000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T19:32:41.494+0000) > > “B-but those champions are not popular because they don’t get skins!” > > —some mouthbreathing idiot that doesn’t get that as concepts a reclusive lava goat god and (yes, even a) sassy star dragon aren’t nearly as marketable as sexy nine tailed fox or brooding wind samurai. https://i.ibb.co/NYhgBym/rrr.png Why am I not even surprised? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=JustMonika13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T21:43:32.539+0000) > > Yeah and? And that I don't really care what you're going to say next. It's nothing a Yasuo player has never said before. https://media.giphy.com/media/QAPf3omizpCtfs7jdv/giphy.gif
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=0003000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T10:43:31.440+0000) > > Once again, then what's the point of other champions? It's not that people don't want Riot to make skins for their favorite pets, it's that people don't understand why whenever Riot even bother with making a skin for their non-popular champs, it's unoriginal and undercooked as if they're not even interested in any other players than Yasuo mains buying skins? Please refer to this thread: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/PAEEsOvZ-ex-rioter-stellari-on-the-divide-between-unpopular-and-popular-skin-sales Which shows an actual prior Riot employee, Riot Stellari who worked on the skins team, discussing freely on their twitter account how skins for champions that are not popular ( no matter how much work or potential is put into them) simply don't bring the same reward. You can fight tooth and nail for the people who love their unpopular champs if you want. But chances are you're not one of those people and even if you were there's an even slimmer chance you'd crack your wallet to buy the skin. Riot is a company. Riot make game free. Riot make cosmetic for popular champion to keep game free for all, including unpopular champion mains. Not rocket science.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T19:22:32.153+0000) > > Please refer to this thread: > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/PAEEsOvZ-ex-rioter-stellari-on-the-divide-between-unpopular-and-popular-skin-sales > > Which shows an actual prior Riot employee, Riot Stellari who worked on the skins team, discussing freely on their twitter account how skins for champions that are not popular ( no matter how much work or potential is put into them) simply don't bring the same reward. You can fight tooth and nail for the people who love their unpopular champs if you want > But chances are you're not one of those people and even if you were there's an even slimmer chance you'd crack your wallet to buy the skin. I've come and stayed in the League for the rare champs, not for the mainstream ones. I don't play any mainstream ADCs {{champion:21}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:222}}, I started maining Urgot when everyone kept picking {{champion:157}} fucking everywhere. It's not the mainstream characters that kept me interested in the game and in fact, I bought skins whenever I was actually given a choice to buy them. So kindly take your assumptions elsewhere. > Riot is a company. Riot make game free. Riot make cosmetic for popular champion to keep game free for all, including unpopular champion mains. > Not rocket science. Then once again, what is the purpose of other champs?
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T19:22:32.153+0000) > > Please refer to this thread: > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/PAEEsOvZ-ex-rioter-stellari-on-the-divide-between-unpopular-and-popular-skin-sales > > Which shows an actual prior Riot employee, Riot Stellari who worked on the skins team, discussing freely on their twitter account how skins for champions that are not popular ( no matter how much work or potential is put into them) simply don't bring the same reward. You can fight tooth and nail for the people who love their unpopular champs if you want. But chances are you're not one of those people and even if you were there's an even slimmer chance you'd crack your wallet to buy the skin. > > Riot is a company. Riot make game free. Riot make cosmetic for popular champion to keep game free for all, including unpopular champion mains. > > Not rocket science. “B-but those champions are not popular because they don’t get skins!” —some mouthbreathing idiot that doesn’t get that as concepts a reclusive lava goat god and (yes, even a) sassy star dragon aren’t nearly as marketable as sexy nine tailed fox or brooding wind samurai.
> [{quoted}](name=JustMonika13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=000300030000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T19:32:41.494+0000) > > “B-but those champions are not popular because they don’t get skins!” > > —some mouthbreathing idiot that doesn’t get that as concepts a reclusive lava goat god and (yes, even a) sassy star dragon aren’t nearly as marketable as sexy nine tailed fox or brooding wind samurai. https://i.ibb.co/NYhgBym/rrr.png Why am I not even surprised? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Cetri (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T10:39:55.540+0000) > I swear to God, I thought about the possibility of a galaxy brain shmuck making it all about "muh diversity" instead of just enjoying the stylish skins jesus god forbid people do both things lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-31T18:01:52.853+0000) > > jesus god forbid people do both things lmao People who keep talking about diversity are physically unable to think about anything else. It works like a clock every damn time.
: Lol you have only scratched the surface of TD skin reviews I found a lot of negative about them than good because they couldve had better VO for ekko they forgot spray can in the middle of the shroud for akali yasuo literally feels just like base yasuo with a chroma and senna and qiyana are just so forgettable like its a rly good idea but if they just worked the extra mile like they used to do it couldve been one of the best (you can find vo complaints every for ekko, akali mains subreddit for the complaints on the skin and literally Yassuos vid on youtube about it and i see no one talking about senna and qiyana rly) the only reason you see people be positive about the skins is because there are always gonna be people that enjoy a skin just because its new but the longevity on a skin is what rly determines it so just think about how long the skin would actually last because i think people would play project ekko over this because same quality but project ekko is cheaper and some people would argue they like the project atheistic more
> [{quoted}](name=ITS CHOWMEIN,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T17:39:50.956+0000) > > Lol you have only scratched the surface of TD skin reviews I found a lot of negative about them than good because they couldve had better VO for ekko they forgot spray can in the middle of the shroud for akali yasuo literally feels just like base yasuo with a chroma and senna and qiyana are just so forgettable like its a rly good idea but if they just worked the extra mile like they used to do it couldve been one of the best (you can find vo complaints every for ekko, akali mains subreddit for the complaints on the skin and literally Yassuos vid on youtube about it and i see no one talking about senna and qiyana rly) the only reason you see people be positive about the skins is because there are always gonna be people that enjoy a skin just because its new but the longevity on a skin is what rly determines it so just think about how long the skin would actually last because i think people would play project ekko over this because same quality but project ekko is cheaper and some people would argue they like the project atheistic more Maybe I didn't dig that deep into skins because none of these champs are my mains. However still in their positive and negative feedback people were not concerned about race but about how the skins look like, comparing them to the previous skins, etc. And that was my point.
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T01:58:46.278+0000) > > Because Riot keeps forcing Yasuo even where he doesn't belong while doing half-assed job for the skins that take little more effort than make a trashy edgy samurai look even edgier and trashier. If they didn't sell, they wouldn't make them.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=000300030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T03:48:05.467+0000) > > If they didn't sell, they wouldn't make them. Once again, then what's the point of other champions? It's not that people don't want Riot to make skins for their favorite pets, it's that people don't understand why whenever Riot even bother with making a skin for their non-popular champs, it's unoriginal and undercooked as if they're not even interested in any other players than Yasuo mains buying skins?
Jacksin (OCE)
: What's wrong with appreciating diversity? Fuck off troll
> [{quoted}](name=Adder,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-10-31T06:02:28.681+0000) > > What's wrong with appreciating diversity? Fuck off troll You don't appreciate diversity. People en masse have responded to the skins in a very positive way, which means that they are not that rabidly focused on white/Caucasian characters as you want them to be. It's you who reduces everything to skin color while patting themselves on the head for being smart or progressive. I swear to God, I thought about the possibility of a galaxy brain shmuck making it all about "muh diversity" instead of just enjoying the stylish skins but then I decided that nobody is **that** dense and shallow. And here you are. Now go ahead and call me a nazi or whatever is your favorite buzzword of today.
: Is Varus narcisexual?
Since Varus is a demon who merely hijacks the body of one guy while the other is just a voice in his head, I'm pretty sure Varus hates them both because they keep distracting him from killing people. So its the exact opposite of being narcisexual.
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=000300030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T23:08:35.203+0000) > > People would love to buy skins for their fave champs if Riot wasn't too busy kissing Yasuo's ass. The consensus seems to be that Yasuo is a favourite champ, man.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=0003000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T00:48:34.941+0000) > > The consensus seems to be that Yasuo is a favourite champ, man. Because Riot keeps forcing Yasuo even where he doesn't belong while doing half-assed job for the skins that take little more effort than make a trashy edgy samurai look even edgier and trashier.
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T21:58:09.803+0000) > > Lovely, but what does it have to do with what I said? If League depends on Yasuo mains so much why not just delete all other champs and make the League of Yasuo. They clearly don't need other palyers. But then who would be left to play the game for free while getting upset about the skin selection?
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T22:09:10.099+0000) > > But then who would be left to play the game for free while getting upset about the skin selection? People would love to buy skins for their fave champs if Riot wasn't too busy kissing Yasuo's ass.
: > [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2019-10-30T21:17:02.654+0000) > > As if Yasuo mains haven't been coddled by enough Riot enough? It's the Yasuo main's money, not yours. O W O
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ctTQYfVa,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-10-30T21:41:57.849+0000) > > It's the Yasuo main's money, not yours. O W O Lovely, but what does it have to do with what I said? If League depends on Yasuo mains so much why not just delete all other champs and make the League of Yasuo. They clearly don't need other palyers.
: {{champion:50}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:136}} (REVERT HIM) Bro you're telling me.... why couldn't I be born a yasuo main T_T
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-10-30T21:09:58.810+0000) > Bro you're telling me.... why couldn't I be born a yasuo main T_T Because if you were born as a Yasuo main you would probably be rejected by your parents.
Jacksin (OCE)
: Okay but seriously, thank you Riot for so much diversity lately.
No one: Literally not a single soul: OP: OMG I cannot appreciate good stuff without bringing up race and making black people look like beggars who get thrown scraps all the time.
Exibir mais

BoringLittleF

Nível 113 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão