: Dear people stuck in 'Low' Elo: Here are three underappreciated reasons why you're not ranking up
> [{quoted}](name=endless nights,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ymlZTRZv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-30T09:06:38.970+0000) > > > Ultimately, improving your CS, your map awareness and your mechanics are all incredibly important, I feel like those points have either been done to death or are dead obvious anyway. Hopefully if you're low elo (like me) you can take something away from this. I know for sure that I'm no perfect player and I still fall victim to these pitfalls from time to time (specifically the item one) but shouldn't we all take a look at ourselves as objectively as possible to improve? > A note about this: low elos aren't **that** bad mechanically, from what I've seen. You can easily spot, for example, Riven mains with top-notch mechanics in low elo: you recognize them because of terrible shotcalling (successfully ganked bot -> recall instead of pushing the tower/taking dragon) and/or bad item buys (wrong items or bought in the wrong order, e.g. a Caitlyn rushing Rapidfire Cannon... yes, it's good and you'll eventually want one, but that's not good as a first buy).
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=BuckyLovesSteve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ABwevZgt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T02:22:10.210+0000) > > I have disdain for Kayn as a champ. Id rather learn a jg i enjoy, i am learning amumu as well. If you keep playing those champions, you will rarely find enjoyment. What I dislike the most about recent League is that you are **required** to follow the meta. In S4 I used to rock on a 70% wr with Nautilus jungle. Even at that time that was consided a troll pick and I was flamed in champ select more than once. But I knew how to make that pick work and I put in serious difficulty **all** the meta junglers. Oh, those poor overconfident khas jumping on me only to be forced to flash away seconds later! You know what happens now if I dare to pick Nautilus jungle? I die while clearing. If a kha'zix appears on my screen, I explode, because damage is fun and tankiness is anti fun. The game is different from what it used to be. In the jungle more than anywhere else, your success rate is tied to how broken your pick is at the moment. If you want to learn to jungle, try one of those meta beasts else you will be too busy failing to learn anything and improve.
> [{quoted}](name=GelsominoKiller,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ABwevZgt,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-22T09:02:21.428+0000) > > What I dislike the most about recent League is that you are **required** to follow the meta. > I find that it actually also depends on your mastery... ever since I got mastery 7 on Fiddle I've been allowed to take him in every position, even adc (more precisely, ap carry bot), with no complaints from my team (funnily enough the only complaint I got was from an adc, claiming he couldn't farm because I was supporting with Fiddlesticks).
: I'm starting to see why people dont want to Jungle
> [{quoted}](name=BuckyLovesSteve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ABwevZgt,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-22T02:14:48.126+0000) > > I told them in champ select that i am very new to JG and apologized for sucking. Don't do that! You'll still get blamed for everything, the only difference is that they won't "waste" their time if you need help e.g. with an invading enemy.
: Galio is the Perfect Example of Modern League
https://img.ifunny.co/images/18370e930137527342649476da77f189cf460f5a0805c7d14b744f0a1aa31751_1.jpg
GigglesO (NA)
: "long cooldowns" When everyone has 40% cdr? Because of cdr creep? Also, some of the real issues include Yi, vayne, and rageblade itemization.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T19:25:09.388+0000) > > "long cooldowns" > > When everyone has 40% cdr? Because of cdr creep? Compared to your own, of course... but yes, cdr creep does contribute to making tankyness even less useful imo. > > Also, some of the real issues include Yi, vayne, and rageblade itemization. True, but afaik they're supposed to counter tankyness anyway; the problem with them imho is when, in addition to melting tanks, they also burst down squishies.
GigglesO (NA)
: I would like to disagree. I love to play me some: {{item:3065}} {{item:3068}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3143}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3193}} games but you still die quickly... And its not worth a damn because you don't deal damage.
That's the problem: with tank items you still die quickly but also lose the ability to fight back. It goes from "whoever strikes first wins" to "they win every time". The only exception is if you're playing against a burst caster with long cooldowns: in that case, having just enough tankyness to survive the first rotation would be extremely useful, as long as your own rotation has a way of still being relevant (such as high base damages, area of effect, strong innate sustain, low cooldown, or strong cc).
Comentários de Rioters
: The issue with current RNG system in TFT. Defined:
Imagine how much funnier would Heroes of Might and Magic be if you could get 0-4 random skills per level up instead of always 1. Or Monopoli if your starting properties were a random between 0 and 14 with hotels.
Comentários de Rioters
: TFT requires skill.
Wait what, is Luck not a skill? My whole life is a lie... http://www.gamebanshee.com/fallout/primarystatistics/images/luck.jpg
: NORMALIZE ITEM DROP RATES FFS
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=aIhFaptm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-09T22:32:35.711+0000) > > NOT ALL RNG IS "FUN" I disagree: no rng is ever fun. It's not fun to win because of something nobody can control, and it's not fun to lose because of something nobody can control. It's like losing or winning in LoL because one player is afk... it's almost always super boring for both teams.
: TFT RNG ITEMS????????
> [{quoted}](name=LAGGING LIKE FFF,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=Vrvwm6ou,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-10T09:32:23.917+0000) > > How have riot not relized they need to fix this yet? ... are you new to league of legends? They kinda sorta have an history of fixing obvious issues months or years after they've become obvious.
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xGP9NRfR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-08T22:37:24.807+0000) > > But then it'll be a tank meta!!1!!!1!1! > > /sarcasm Funnily enough the problem with the tank meta was the damage they could do
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CYYhqM-VYRE/hqdefault.jpg
KazKaz (OCE)
: Learn from your loss in a damage meta. Aight, bet.
Comentários de Rioters
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: >You're getting beaten by people half your rank. Congrats, you suck. How much did you pay for your account? ah the classical "I beat your ap kha'zix top with quinn, you must be boosted" lmao
I sincerely doubt that anyone playing AP Kha'Zix top would actually brag about their rank.
Comentários de Rioters
MkMayo (NA)
: Everyone says Wukong is shit so who should i play?
You like Wukong? Then play Wukong. "Wukong is shit" only means that he'll get you to Platinum if you deserve Diamond.
Dynikus (NA)
: These were intentional changes to try to avoid the not-that-uncommon hour+ matches that most people hated.
What if they took a page out of Blitz's? Something like "after x minutes (let's say 50), if the game is not over then both Nexi get up and duke it out in the middle of the map". That would put an hard cap on game length without having to make games this snowbally.
Sucction (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Disulfiram,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LoljPctW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-01T08:57:30.213+0000) > > They're just going to hide the button for the TT queue. > That's the way of the lazy, and noone is afraid to walk it! Quick question as I'm not an expert in the subject... If they do do that, what is the point of removing it anyway? How does it benefit them in any way, at all? Afaik it doesn't take any extra server bandwidth to have TT.
> [{quoted}](name=Sucction,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LoljPctW,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-08-01T23:06:01.086+0000) > > Quick question as I'm not an expert in the subject... > > If they do do that, what is the point of removing it anyway? How does it benefit them in any way, at all? > > Afaik it doesn't take any extra server bandwidth to have TT. https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/482/738/0c3.jpg
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Disulfiram,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mtKLiFvT,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-01T09:02:28.073+0000) > > Funny how 6 years of neglect would drive players away from a mode, ain't it? > It definitely never already happened the same way with any other modes that this game used to have. People didn't ask for the TT rework, they played quite diligently on Dominion but still removed, people love Nexus Blitz but Riot doesn't, those are real criticism of Riot's handling. But TT after rework? No one was playing it from day 3 (exaggeration but it's pretty much that), and no one was either playing nor talking about it for years. Players simply don't give a shit about TT after its rework, as a matter of fact. So what's with the sudden uproar that it's going to be removed now? Riot isn't blameless, but neither is the playerbase.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mtKLiFvT,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-08-01T09:06:31.129+0000) > > So what's with the sudden uproar that it's going to be removed now? My guess is that it looks so much like purposefully pissing on the playerbase, a mean spirited move without a solid reason... I mean: they've ignored the mode for 6 seasons, how much of a drain could it be to them? Pretty much the same that can be said about the legacy cursor: why remove it? What's the reason beyond it being a huge "f**k you" to the players?
SEKAI (OCE)
: People only give a shit about TT when it's going to be removed for not being played at all.
Funny how 6 years of neglect would drive players away from a mode, ain't it? It definitely never already happened the same way with any other modes that this game used to have.
OKIDJ (NA)
: Why the removal of TT could make the game literally unplayable.
They're just going to hide the button for the TT queue. That's the way of the lazy, and noone is afraid to walk it!
Comentários de Rioters
: When you greet people with "Hello There" in all chat but no one greets back
Bugog (NA)
: Starting Support item
One problem I have with {{item:3301}} is that it gives away the fact that you're roaming. You seize the opportunity to go to another lane for a gank, only to realize that there is a coin in the middle of the lane and the enemy already retreated.
: the problem of some comps isnt the bonus being good or bad but some of its units being just plain awful, knight is nice if wasnt for mordekaiser's ability, nobles is awesome but vayne needs too many items to be of any use when things like draven, varus and tristana just do it better with the same items. imperial have to wait for ages to be completed and level 1 kat never gets to ult (but since draven and swain are busted i guess it is ok) glacials i find to have the most balance group of useful characters in fact 6 glacials can lock you from doing anything at all even without items nobles rely on a good unit to get the buff early on or you are screw, but if the right unit get it then they are very strong
Vayne seems best put in the frontline, to get the bonus and draw attention from the actually useful champions in the back XD
Comentários de Rioters
: Because how dare people remove all counterplay aside from leave (aka lose) the fight?
Ult->Zhonya is actually quite bad in a 1v1, both because of the low stats of Zhonya and because you can't follow up... many champions can simply disengage and re-engage, easily killing Fiddle. Zhonya on Fiddle is built mostly for teamfighting, where the goal is to disrupt the enemy team and force the carries out of position.
: You're only allowed to play one champion for the rest of your life.
: Except Pyke has so much less burst than other Assassin's do, when compared to, you know, actual assassins. Not to mention, a lot more counterplay than most assassin's too, regardless of what people here want to believe.
Yeah, you're technically correct: him dealing enough damage to kill you two times over is technically less than the others, who deal enough to kill you five times over. That he overkills you by a lower margin doesn't mean it's ok, though, especially coupled with his safety nets and utility.
: Change this "support" shit
Why? Mages have pretty much already been removed from the midlane, where assassins and skirmishers outperform them in every way (with few rare exceptions). The jungle is offlimits. The mere thought of going top immediately causes an outrage. Now you want to move them out of the bot lane too? What should mage players do, afk in base? (Just to be clear: I agree that there is way too much damage in the game, especially burst damage.)
Kazekiba (NA)
: Im just worried about Riot's design philosophy, being that its caused problem after problem after problem after problem before and they keep making the same mistakes. We pretty much already know Crowstorm is staying. Maybe not 100% but it's going to be the same general ability it is now, but married by a different set of basic abilities designed around it. Kind of like how Zoe was designed entirely around her Q and look how much people loved that ...
That's a fair point: riot's track record with reworks is... troubled, at best. Personally, I hope for a Warwick-level, but am terrified of another Galio... of another "kill him, replace him with something completely different, and dumpster him" shtick that might destroy my first main and my favourite champion. I'll reiterate: what happened with Galio is worse than simply nerfing him into unplayability, like what happened to Olaf long ago: because back then, even though he was nerfed to the ground, you could still pick Olaf if you really wanted to. You can't pick Galio, not anymore: you can only pick someone completely different, that only shares that same name and a few vague hints, shades of his old kit and playstyle.
: TFT: We shouldn't fight the same enemy 4-6 times in a row.
I don't understand what did shuffle systems do to Riot. Did they insult them? Threaten their families? Eat their snacks? Seriously, it would be such a massive improvement both in TFT and in ARAM... (Shuffle = you fight every other player in the game exactly once, in a random order, and when you're done the order re-randomizes and restarts.) (In TFT it would prevent you from fighting the same player 10 times in a row, and in ARAM it would prevent rolling the same champion 10 times in a row.)
: TFT just reminded me why I quit Hearthstone
First 3 rolls: "oh cool, 3 yordles, guess I'm going yordles this game" *never sees another yordle in the whole match* Unless you give up and go for a full type switch. Then, after selling all your yordles (and only then), you will get every missing yordle. All in the same shop roll.
Kei143 (NA)
: I actually wonder if there is a way to position against the krugs so the furthest Krug will be killed first..
You can put a tanky champion close to the two krugs on the side: it will keep them distracted while the rest of the team focuses and kills the other krug first.
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fmq19YXQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-28T06:20:49.779+0000) > > alcohol dulls the part of the brain that controls your inhibitions, so you are more outspoken and take more risks That's a pretty simple explanation. Cool! I still kinda' want to know more about the physiology and neurology behind it though.
> [{quoted}](name=Inari Fox Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fmq19YXQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T06:23:10.944+0000) > > That's a pretty simple explanation. Cool! > I still kinda' want to know more about the physiology and neurology behind it though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_intoxication#Mechanism
CLG ear (NA)
: alcohol dulls the part of the brain that controls your inhibitions, so you are more outspoken and take more risks
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fmq19YXQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-28T06:20:49.779+0000) > > alcohol dulls the part of the brain that controls your inhibitions, so you are more outspoken and take more risks ^This. It also affects your judgement: you may be saying dumb/outrageous things while drunk without realizing that they are such.
: Let me put it this way. In the jungle, it could easily confuse players who think that a different champion has entered their sight radius or activated an ability nearby. In lane, it can confuse _multiple_ players since VO is a huge gameplay tell for the vast majority of champions, including the person playing Fiddlesticks. It was pointed out that at times it could feel _really_ disorienting. Maybe two VAs would be okay, but definitely not five. As cool as it might sound on the surface, the gameplay implications were fairly severe. I had to let the idea go. :'''( Buuuuut for now I'm exploring a different version of that type of script, as I said in the update. My producer was visibly creeped out by the current pass, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'll be able to talk about that more **next time on Fiddlesticks Z.**
Will we get a Fiddlesticks Abridged skin?
: Fiddlesticks Rework Concept Designs (Thank you @Kindlejack)
Nice analisys! Also, I agree with the others in that, whatever his new look might be, imho he has to be more **creepy** than horrific. (This is also why I personally prefer his old splash art... its eerie, calm stillness creeps me out much more than the aggressive new one) https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/lolesports_gamepedia_en/e/e7/Fiddlesticks_Splash_0_Old.jpg?version=592a98cb748db637b7a862296e8d2264 https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/lolesports_gamepedia_en/e/e9/Fiddlesticks_Splash_0.jpg?version=cf340dc23f91e1f2730e1bcb9692dc88
: > [{quoted}](name=PiVoRx,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7qLg4ueA,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:49:23.953+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/0fo2clt.jpg > https://i.imgflip.com/368zzc.jpg Take my up vote {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/296/450/a46.jpg
kwGifty (NA)
: Always enjoy hearing from the people who act like they're being forced to play the game
I'm not being forced to play it, which is why I simply won't play it again. The reason as already stated is the RNG, that ruins an otherwise good mode; and since I can see I'm not the only one thinking this, imho Riot should heed this feedback before the population of their new game dwindles and dies. By the way, driving people away is not a good marketing policy... it does have a tendency to end in disaster.
Comentários de Rioters
n3ther (NA)
: If you don't enjoy it, just stop playing it. No one is forcing you to play it.
That's exactly what's going to happen: people stop playing it, and the new game mode dies literally months after being born.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8luWAswe,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-14T11:19:17.744+0000) > > There is at least one popular streamer from NA that plays Vel'Koz support, so NA is less likely a region to have people rage quitting over the pick. People don't think for themselves and instead look at popular players to see what's 'normal' so I'm sure it's not hard to find some champion that will trigger someone if you pick it, but the region can make a difference because if for no other reason, time zones exist. Do people lock themselves into regions when looking at streamers? I just assumed that streamers in NA or EUW are interchangeable as long as they speak english. I have no clue about that industry, never watched a stream.
As far as I understood, SanKakU was linking it to time zones... guess it makes sense: if someone streams at an acceptable hour for him but that in your time zone becomes 3am, then you're very unlikely to follow his live stream.
Comentários de Rioters
: It's just personal opinion, but I much prefer his current version. I don't mind him being weaker, what matters to me is that he's more interesting to play.
Honestly, he's so different from his former self on every aspect that they could re-release his older kit and look with another name and newer players would never be able to tell. It's fine that you like it - it's great, actually - but it would be nice if riot at least re-released his former self as a different champion.
Lapantino (EUW)
: I don't get a joy playing top anymore. Riot, for whom is actually top lane?
AFAIK there are 2 reasons why mages and adcs were not being played top in the past seasons: 1. The lane is too long - their squishiness made them easy pickings for the enemy junglers whenever they tried to exploit their range to push or bully the other laner out of lane. This didn't apply to Teemo thanks to his ult, which is one of the reasons why he was played top already. 2. (This applied mostly to the first seasons) mages and adcs (especially adcs) suffer a lot in 2v1 situations. You see, in a 2v1 situation you tower hug, get what little cs you safely can, and generally try to survive without giving your tower up. Tanks and bruisers could do this because tanky items were cheaper, which meant that they could become difficult to dive while being able to defend the tower with the base damage of their AoE skills. ADCs and mages instead would suffer from the lower gold income and wouldn't become tanky enough fast enough to resist dive attempts.
Exibir mais

Disulfiram

Nível 168 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão