scarvig (EUW)
: and they couldnt at least elaborate on which fucking server the claimed name collision comes from? that way you could at least easily see if its on the pbe where its very likely that its your account all along that caused the collision. giving you at least a hint on any long forgotten side accounts in other servers... i know for a fact that i had an account on the pbe and i believe i once had one on NA but my main is on EUW and guess what? those other accounts were not in use for so long i couldnt tell you their accountnames even if i wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=scarvig,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5Efk4Ej2,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-12-06T22:51:27.147+0000) > > and they couldnt at least elaborate on which fucking server the claimed name collision comes from? > that way you could at least easily see if its on the pbe where its very likely that its your account all along that caused the collision. giving you at least a hint on any long forgotten side accounts in other servers... > > i know for a fact that i had an account on the pbe and i believe i once had one on NA but my main is on EUW and guess what? those other accounts were not in use for so long i couldnt tell you their accountnames even if i wanted. If they're both registered to the same email address, it will tell you in the email. :') Also, if there's a conflict and you know you had accounts on those servers, it's probably a good idea to start with your username.
Xealyth (NA)
: Really stupid that inactive accounts are just being allowed to essentially steal our login usernames.
> [{quoted}](name=Xealyth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5Efk4Ej2,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-04T23:55:00.094+0000) > > Really stupid that inactive accounts are just being allowed to essentially steal our login usernames. I imagine those names will be "freed" after the deadline. > [{quoted}](name=Random Elephant,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5Efk4Ej2,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-05T07:12:12.338+0000) > > One would think merging the accounts into one was one of the main reasons doing all this. One would think that, yes. However, Riot's goal was just to consolidate all their accounts into a single authentication server (at the moment each server has its own, which is why usernames don't need to be unique at the moment). They're doing this because they intend for future game releases to not have the same server restrictions - e.g. Legends of Runeterra might just have one global server. They also want you to be able to use your current account to play each game, which is why it's being rebranded to a Riot Account. No part of their goal was to reduce the number of League of Legends accounts that you own/exist in general. They seemingly made no concessions for people that own multiple accounts aside from the fact that their email system would only contact you once if you owned multiple accounts on that email address. The worst part is that I had to re-activate my long-dormant accounts in order to free-up my username for my main account - so whereas this could have been an opportunity to cull old accounts, I wasn't going to risk my main account getting culled by not changing my username before the deadline. P.S. At this point I'm not actually sure if you will require a new Summoner for each server your account logs in to. This account will soon be able to log-in on both NA and EUW, but I'm not sure if my "Eeyore" summoner will be playable on both or whether I'll still require two separate summoner profiles. Given the presence of/income generated by server transfers, I would imagine it'll still require multiple summoners and you'll still be able to transfer the Summoner between servers. It'd be nice if you only needed one Summoner so I could take my skins/champions to play abroad - even if there were still separate ranked ladders. This wouldn't help people who've already invested money on two accounts in the current system, of course, but it'd be a step forward.
: Well this is the price you pay for smurfing.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5Efk4Ej2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:51:57.033+0000) > > Well this is the price you pay for smurfing. If I was smurfing I wouldn't be able to use the same username twice... These are accounts on different regions/servers. P.S. Yes, there is one smurf mentioned in my email, but that has a different name and isn't really related to the topic of conversation.
: https://imgur.com/WnZmATx.png[] ??????????????
> [{quoted}](name=Yordletana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5Efk4Ej2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:01:19.718+0000) > > https://imgur.com/WnZmATx.png[] > > ?????????????? Did you decline imgur's cookies?
Eeyore (EUW)
: PSA: Riot Account "that username already exists"
I initially didn't understand why I couldn't keep my current username and contacted support, and Blitzcrank Bot sent me this: >Q: I want to keep my username for my main account, but I used it for my other accounts in other regions. A: While I have a bit of a machine-bias, you humans can be quite capable on your own. If you have multiple accounts with the same username (Including PBE accounts), and want to keep your original username on your main account, you can consolidate these on your own. You will need to log into the others first, change the names there, while leaving the account you wish to keep the username on till the last. Doing this will allow you to keep the username on the last accessed account. If, after those changes, the system still prompts you to change the username on your main account, it means it is still not globally unique (thus meaning it is owned by another player), so you will have to pick another one. The email and Riot's official Q&A post about this topic do not make it explicitly clear that you're not being asked to create a super-account. **You're being asked to create a unique Riot Account for ALL of your current League of Legends accounts. ** ... Riot, it would have been much more sensible to ask users to create a completely new Riot Account and then link their existing League of Legends accounts to their Riot Account. Your Riot Account should use an email address and password/2FA - unique usernames isn't sustainable, especially since I assume you want your new games to bring in new players. Your Summoner Names would then become non-unique and be assigned a uniquely-identifying number - e.g. the summoner name for this account could become Eeyore#1234. From the Riot Launcher you would then be able to pick any of your linked accounts for when you hit Play. Having the ability to merge accounts (friends list and inventories) would be neat, too, for players who don't want to maintain their current NA/EUW accounts separately - either for free or as a premium service (or even free during a promotional period and thereafter it's charged at a premium). Duplicate inventory items could either be refunded or added to your Hextech Inventory as permanents for you to do with as you please (the former would probably be a better gesture of goodwill, but it depends just how many players buy things multiple times). For future game titles, you could have the option to promote one of your existing Summoner Names to your public username for social features - or alternatively have the option to pick a new one. Or, you could continue to have "Summoners Names" be game-specific. On Battle.net you have a single username but each game has its own profile icons, except WoW where your "profile icon" is one of your characters - League could be the equivalent of WoW where each linked account is a separate "Summoner". Whether or not your public username is the same as one of your Summoner names would be up to you.
Comentários de Rioters
Amphysvena (EUNE)
: Since the accounts are global now, can you confirm that there will be no need to create more accounts to play on other servers?
> [{quoted}](name=Amphysvena,realm=EUNE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Rw1knV9P,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-27T23:13:53.682+0000) > > Since the accounts are global now, can you confirm that there will be no need to create more accounts to play on other servers? And what if I already have clone accounts on each server.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eeyore,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-16T08:18:57.751+0000) > * Players fighting over whether or not "pick order" or "call order" has the priority for determining who gets to play what they want They should just make blind pick similar to draft in a sense that you have no bans and don't see the enemy picks but it's still an clear pick order. Because that's how it works. It's pick order over call order, always has been. "Call order" only applies if the person that has the right to the called role based on pick order agrees to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Lauchmelder,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-11-19T10:22:01.139+0000) > > They should just make blind pick similar to draft in a sense that you have no bans and don't see the enemy picks but it's still an clear pick order. Because that's how it works. It's pick order over call order, always has been. "Call order" only applies if the person that has the right to the called role based on pick order agrees to it. Except that's not how it works and the fact you see fit to argue about this is why blind-pick is a toxic hellscape. There is no "pick order" in Blind Pick - that's the point. It's a free for all. The only reason there's the **illusion** of a "pick order" is because Riot decided to have a static top-down layout of players in champion select. In some games, YOU are always top-pick and your team mates are always beneath you; in HOTS the layout is horizontal and YOU are always in the middle (with 2 team mates flanking you either side; SMITE is similar with you at the front except your team mates form a circle; Atlas Reactor always has you on the right with your team mates to your left. Call Order is how the majority of players treat champion select because its the only respectful way to build a comp with 5 players who were thrown together at random - it's an imitation of "communication". Forcing a pick order doesn't change the fact 5 random people have to agree to build a comp. You're just shifting the "flame" on whoever is in the last position rather than the last person to lock-in, which would likely just increase the amount of flaming since the first pick will likely feel they are justified in flaming last pick for not complying with what's left - when the actual issue was that they locked in without discussing anything with their team. Well, I say "that's the issue". No, you can't expect new players to know about comps and strategy. Instalocking is inevitable because people want to play what they want to play - it's unfair to expect them to play something else, but it's also unfair for them to expect others to pick up the slack. The system shouldn't expect this level of decision making from the "casual queue", especially not from new players. It's an entirely avoidable situation - by just allowing players to queue up for what they were planning to instalock.
Eeyore (EUW)
: Why is Blind Pick still part of the new player experience?
> [{quoted}](name=Colte,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-11-18T04:50:51.435+0000) > > last time i played blind pick everyone was far worse than normal draft, is it still the same? Yes. > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-11-17T21:27:48.539+0000) > > Why wouldn't it be? Why would a new player care about what lane or role they are playing? Seems to me more of a smurf issue than anything else They don't care - that's the point. Blind Pick imposes a need to care on new players who don't even understand what's going on. It would be better for new players if they could just queue up as the champion they want to play, based on who they enjoyed in the tutorial/AI games. > [{quoted}](name=Jamaise,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-11-17T21:21:34.364+0000) > > Anyways I always advise newer player to play a ton of games with AI first because blind pick can be pretty toxic. So far they've had no issue with the game mechanically and thoroughly didn't enjoy bot games. AI is trash for anything other than learning a champion's mechanics. It doesn't prepare you for where your champion should lane - bot games have duo top, for example, and the second top laner is very often a support champion. > [{quoted}](name=MrSîsterFister,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-11-17T17:23:01.254+0000) > > Playing a game, the only thing that matters is having fun. People should be able to play any champion on any role without getting flamed for it. Of course, this only applies to blind pick. If I see you going yuumi jungle you bet im gonna make sure you get 9x in post game lobby. People should be able to queue up and play who they want - agreed. So why not have a queue type where you queue up to play what you want, rather than only having a 20% chance that you call it first.
: Teambuilder should've replaced blindpick, riot claimed it tripled queue times but didn't show such statistics, if anything it improved community morale because it was much easier to group up with like-minded players.
> [{quoted}](name=ZT Xperimentor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-16T13:29:20.964+0000) > > Teambuilder should've replaced blindpick, riot claimed it tripled queue times but didn't show such statistics, if anything it improved community morale because it was much easier to group up with like-minded players. Agreed, personally. They could always reimplement the old Team Builder that as a Group Finder tool as well as the Quick Match proposal I have above. I think the issue with Team Builder is that it shouldn't have been a queue type - you shouldn't be using it to get into games, just to find people to play with. > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TbsPthgB,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:04:29.565+0000) > > I love blind pick because you can get into a game so quickly. My proposal would be just as quick - if not quicker, because there'd be no need for champion select.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Small Diana Gameplay changes coming to PBE
Can she get some of that level-1 attack speed that some other melee champions have? One thing I hated about her "spell weaving" change is that her base-attack speed without casting feels so dire, and that made jungling her so mana-expensive.
wanotori (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eeyore,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A1HZB4PF,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2019-05-04T10:53:04.171+0000) > > You said that your "amount owed" was 0 when you checked, so... I'm confused. Do you actually have the money back in your account? (Regardless of whether or not you requested it). Is the issue just a flag on their system, even though the accounts are balanced? Or are they actually short the money? that's why i was confused as well. each browser session i logged into, just in case it was bugged on the main browser like it was the first time, said it was $0 owed because i didn't make another purchase dispute, meaning there was nothing owed this time. so because i didn't ask my bank, paypal, OR riot to reverse the $70 payment i made back in january, the $70 DID NOT appear back in any of my accounts. they have yet to show me proof of what their side of the screen looks like so i don't even know if it's just bugged or if they lost the money for sure, but i'm almost certain, though, they lost it, because if they're claiming it's reversed, something happened to it and i had nothing to do with it. but yeah, the $70 isn't in any of my accounts. my paypal is empty and my checking account's transaction history doesn't show that i received a $70 refund from riot.
> [{quoted}](name=wanotori,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A1HZB4PF,comment-id=00220000,timestamp=2019-05-04T17:11:07.755+0000) > > that's why i was confused as well. each browser session i logged into, just in case it was bugged on the main browser like it was the first time, said it was $0 owed because i didn't make another purchase dispute, meaning there was nothing owed this time. > > so because i didn't ask my bank, paypal, OR riot to reverse the $70 payment i made back in january, the $70 DID NOT appear back in any of my accounts. they have yet to show me proof of what their side of the screen looks like so i don't even know if it's just bugged or if they lost the money for sure, but i'm almost certain, though, they lost it, because if they're claiming it's reversed, something happened to it and i had nothing to do with it. > > but yeah, the $70 isn't in any of my accounts. my paypal is empty and my checking account's transaction history doesn't show that i received a $70 refund from riot. Are Riot able to tell you where the money has gone? They said "it doesn't matter which account you used to reverse the charge" but that is just wrong - no other account should be able to. That would be fraud.
wanotori (NA)
: Was perma-suspended over supposed "reversal of payment" for chargebacks, support won't help
You said that your "amount owed" was 0 when you checked, so... I'm confused. Do you actually have the money back in your account? (Regardless of whether or not you requested it). Is the issue just a flag on their system, even though the accounts are balanced? Or are they actually short the money?
: As Italian I have to be a-really angery at you for confusing "penne", "farfalle", "fusilli" and "maccheroni" with noodles.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bly7qAcY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-02T07:12:56.853+0000) > > As Italian I have to be a-really angery at you for confusing "penne", "farfalle", "fusilli" and "maccheroni" with noodles. As an English person I'm also pretty annoyed that he doesn't know the different between noodles and other kinds of pasta. That'd be like saying "post apples" and then proceeding to post pictures of every other kind of fruit.
: Interesting game mode
I think the best you could hope for is that in a couple years we'll get a League of Legends Classic, but it would likely only be a remaster of the original release with the original champions. I don't think there's a wide enough appeal for "Nostalgia with new stuff" - I think it's either one or the other. Kled wouldn't be part of nostalgia. Nexus Blitz and other game modes is your opportunity for once-removed items to be brought back for new champions to use.
: tbh I kinda agree. If I wanted a LoL tattoo, it would be something subtle. There are soooooooo many symbols in league nowadays. Hell, each region has their own icon now. If I were, for example, an Ashe main, I would get the Avarosa icon if I really felt compelled to get a tattoo. Getting tattoos of something in pop culture generally isn't a great idea but a symbol is a symbol.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkSoul1994,realm=OCE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=6dTJ94qg,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-04-07T07:56:28.686+0000) > > tbh I kinda agree. If I wanted a LoL tattoo, it would be something subtle. There are soooooooo many symbols in league nowadays. Hell, each region has their own icon now. > > If I were, for example, an Ashe main, I would get the Avarosa icon if I really felt compelled to get a tattoo. Getting tattoos of something in pop culture generally isn't a great idea but a symbol is a symbol. If you decide you hate League in 5 years, it's just a tattoo of a creepy mask with a rose... I have The SImurgh tattooed on my arm, and even if I for some reason decide it's no longer my favourite book (although I'm not sure why that would mean I suddenly dislike the character) - it's still a badass tattoo of a seraph. But, to be honest, why get a tattoo at all if you're not confident in your tastes? Getting a watered down version just in case you don't like it in the future already misses the point, and being a collection of random-ass vague symbols is unlikely to ever feel as badass as a full sleeve.
: The Same Face is real
Look at all those Ezreal skins.
Pyrop33 (NA)
: For your consideration: Ghost bride's trailing wings
As much as I like the wings in her concept arts (and even prefer them), I think the weird tail-thing is intended to be part of her identifiable silhouette and is likely something all her skins will have. I personally think it makes her read too much like Evelynn (particularly how her animations make them move, looks a lot like Evelynn using Hate Spike)... but c'est la vie.
Comentários de Rioters
: Look at these absolute Chads
Yorick's cats make me uncomfortable. P.S. I think it's unfair to say Cats vs Dogs. More like grown-ups in onsies versus actual animals.
: Look at these absolute Chads
Yorick's cats make me uncomfortable. P.S. I think it's unfair to say Cats vs Dogs. More like grown-ups in onsies versus actual animals.
: Dragon Dad, You Will Be Missed
It also used to be that a Celestial Dragon was her father, and that he left while the mother was pregnant a la Star Lord. It also used to be that Shyvana's father was an vile creature man who knocked-up a human female, then tried to kill the abomination off-spring. So her father is hardly a consistent man.
: ARURF+ 9.5 Extension & Changelist
"Full change list" that doesn't include any of the ability changes? :P
Comentários de Rioters
Riot Jag (NA)
: -The fact that you can stealth semi-permanently is huge. All I can say is, try to play with it and see if you still have that feedback. -Open to the idea of Camo range shrinking, think it's pretty interesting. -Longer vision range is an interesting idea for sure. I'm going to consider that one.
Given the actual amount of places in the game where the current vision radius isn't already enough to see everything, I think the buff would have to be "while stationary, gain the ability to see through obstructions" for it to really have an application. Imagine if Quinn's W didn't grant unobstructed sight... woo, I can see further down the river in a straight line from the middle of bot lane. ... although, I don't know if it's actually necessary to have it only trigger while stationary - the self-slow is a sufficient counter-balance, I think, it feels like you're stalking prey and so being able to see your prey already would feel like a good pay-off. I think the issue will be whether or not the ability inform the enemies. If you do, it somewhat defeats the purpose; but if you don't, players have a habit of getting angry around sight, especially if they've dewarded and otherwise cannot understand how you could see them.
Puddy (EUW)
: As someone whos been passionate about Teemo since season 3, please consider the following. I really like the stealth changes - it looks exciting and it'll be objectively a healthier spell. Right now i think the camouflage is quite good as you can easily burst a squishy and get out. I think this new version will be more accesible and all-round useful. Thats the best change yet. The unfortunate thing that will be going away with this stealth change is that there will be no more camouflage outplays. Stealthing in the middle of the lane and waiting for that squishy to show up, or stealthing in the side of the lane and waiting for the laner to walk into your mushroom isnt gonna be a thing anymore. I could totally see why that needs to go though as it can feel unfair to play against. The thing i massively dislike is the ap ratio and shroom changes. Currently and historically teemo has been awful at building AP. He rather builds magic pen because he just doesnt scale that well with AP. Liandrys + Sorc, Oblivion orb and void staff will give more damage then deathcap could. With the AP Ratio nerfs you are moving teemo from an assasin poison mage playstyle to a generic on-hit champion. Not only that but moving teemo away from his mushroom playstyle goes against what teemo inherently is. There is a dedicated playerbase who play teemo for his mushrooms, thats his identity. I dont think its fair to move teemo away from that. Mushrooms is what makes teemo unique, and is what makes teemo - well, teemo. Please please keep this in mind, his mushrooms are teemo. brainstorming here: What about making teemo's mushrooms leave behind a cloud of poison (when walked over) that slows and damages those who stand in it ? It would solve the instant damage issue but still make teemo able to zone enemies, follow up on good shroom placement and contribute in teamfights. It would preserve teemo's identity, but move away from what you guys find problematic.
That's actually an amazing solution for his shrooms - make it create a cloud for 3 seconds, rather than a guaranteed debuff.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback
Not wholly related to Teemo, but does the addition of a poison-interaction mean you've reverted your stance on inter-champion interactions? Cassiopeia's interaction with Poison is currently a relic of a time when there were actually far-more - namely Anivia's Frostbite dealing double damage versus any chilled target (i.e. Nunu's old Ice Blast and Absolute Zero; and Ashe's old Frost Shots toggle and Enchanted Crystal Arrow, although Frost Shots was removed early-on and ECA was only removed in her VGU); and Twitch's Expunge dealing bonus damage per additional type of poison, on top of his own stacks. Does this mean we could see some of these removed or more in the future?
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NyY0cR6E,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-24T15:39:21.214+0000) > > Stop trying to get me hyped just for the inevitable let down where either. > > He’s op pick/ban. > He gets gutted for being op pick/ban. > > Or > > Still just trash but reworked trash. Riot's going to ruin all of his skins and then forget about him for 4 years just like they did last time. They're all low cost, not-1350 RP skins and Riot is no longer putting effort into VGUs. Unless they reverse this policy, or MM has seen his skins and theyre good (Infernal having fire effects please), I wouldn't get too excited :)
That's unfair - which recent VGU would you say didn't have effort put into their skins? Almost all the recent VGUs have put tons of effort into making their skins look amazing, regardless of their price tier. Kayle's classic skin may have been poorly recieved (and I mostly agree with the feedback), but her other skins (and all of Morganas) look awesome - people are even angry about the amount of effort put into skins like Silver and Judgement Kayle, since hardly anyone owns them. Skins that were just recolours before now offer a whole fantasy - e.g. Green Kayle is now Elven Warrior Kayle. I'd say Swain's 520 and 750 skins were both upgraded to a quality that I'd say is equal to his Tyrant (1350) skin, and I still prefer using his cheapest (Pirate Swain) over his new shiny Dragon Master skin (which is honestly meh as far as models go even if the concept and having an army of dragons is cool).
333lom (EUNE)
: Here are my edits for Kayle's base visuals
I didn't think I would see the words "face hidden" and agree, but solely for the fact the black contrasts so much better and makes it look much more like a face - her current skin tone blends into the gold detail on her helmet, making it look like she's wearing a complete sealed helmet.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback
Regarding the change to his blind, will Graves now fire harmless projectiles? Currently Blind just causes him to fire each piece of shrapnel in a random direction _except_ toward his target, but they still deal damage if they hit people.
: I have no idea on the actual work it would entail, but often its the case where something seemingly super simple actually can take hundreds if not thousands of hours to execute. One example is Sylas. His ulti seems very simple, but in the end it required refactoring (altering the structure, engineering, and code) of a MASSIVE number of champs in the game (reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJFv8eUXvyg) In the end sometimes the cons outweigh the benefits :X. Something to think about :D
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tE77AHYE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-22T07:52:16.169+0000) > In the end sometimes the cons outweigh the benefits :X. Something to think about :D I mean, if the benefits of "Sylas" existing justified all those hours, then surely a change that benefits 50% of players in every game would justify the work? :P (I do understand what you're saying, I just think your example devalues the impact of the point.) I don't actually have any issue playing Red versus Blue. In fact, I have more issues playing Blue team whenever I have a long ranged champions - since their opponents are usually vertical relative to their position and I can't fit both me and my opponent in my viewport together (whereas when I'm on Red team, my opponent is usually horizontal to me). Although I guess if both teams have issues that would be solved be being able to flip...
Papdi1 (EUW)
: ROX punished for banning all female supp.
I'm gonna assume the all-female team doesn't exclusively play female champions? I only ask because most of the female players I play with only play female champions, and so if this team likewise only plays female champions, banning female champions would obviously be a strategic/logical decision for their opponent and that (a) officials would take this into account and (b) the defendants would have used it as their defence, which they didn't. Assuming I'm correct, that would mean they deliberately banned female champions to be offensive. If you deliberately try to offend, shouldn't you be accountable? Especially if you'e a public figure who is paid to be a public figure (which esports teams are). I would imagine it's even in their contracts.
: A Critique on Scathlocke/Lore Team's view on Good and Evil
Kayle and Morgana's story was never black and white. Kayle was always a soldier of an oppressive regime and Morgana was always a freedom fighter. The only thing that's changed in their lore is that there's no longer two armies of angels - just two. Morgana is no longer fighting to liberate her own people, but for people to have free will; Kayle is no longer a soldier for an unknown Divine Authority, she now _is_ the Divine Authority. Kayle's character was arguably more grey (and less black) when she was just a soldier ("I vas only following orders", and all that), but Kayle could only have been considered "good" before if your personal political/religious beliefs are that God's Rule is Right, regardless of what he's telling you to do. I find it interesting that the majority of people only now consider Kayle to be a villain, now that her actions are her own choice: but that they saw no issues with her actions when she was merely a complicit soldier.
: As we've said many times - "good" and "evil" are relative, and we're not aiming for such 2-dimensional tropes anymore.
Anyone who thinks their original story was black and white has never actually thought about whether a character is Good just because they are Lawful. Kayle's story has always been one of a solider who represents Divine Authority; and Morgana one of personal freedom. When does the Law become a tyrannical institution? Because I personally draw the line at having an army being used to enforce it.
: Riot writers, what do you have against the "usual" good guys?
You realize that Kayle and Morgana were originally based on Michael and Lucifer. That story is implicitly a "grey area", because Lucifer's "crime" was defying an order and wishing for freedom (not just personal, but of all angelkind). He is regarded as evil only by Christians who believe that to defy God is an act of evil, regardless of what he asks you to do. The parallel in League of Legends is the same - Kayle was always a solider for a Divine society, and Morgana was always a rebel/revolutionary. Morgana's "evil" was slightly played up by the fact she resorted to dark magic to try and bring down Kayle's faction; and Kayle's "evil" comes from the fact her faction utilizes a militant force, i.e. a dictatorship. The two Versus skin lines are the same. Riven and Garen all rule with an iron fist - do as we say or you will be destroyed. They are better qualified by the D&D definition of Lawful, rather than Good. It's very hard to actually tell a black-and-white story of Order versus Chaos because Order implicitly implies control - which is an affront to freedom, and freedom is good, isn't it? And if you make it so that the characters are "forced" to be Good or Evil (such as being the anthropomorphic manifestation of the concept of "Good" and literally incapable of doing otherwise), then it's still morally grey because is it really "good" if there's no choice? Computers do what they are told and you could program a computer to do "good" things, but is the computer good for doing it?
TTTedi (NA)
: Quinn purposely lost me my last promo and put me in iron because of it.
How was she toxic the whole game and also left the game? Also: * Placements will generally put you lower than where you were last year. * Iron is what would have been called Bronze last year - bronze used to cover MMRs from 0 all the way up to ~1150, now that's been cut in two. * You don't lose any MMR during placement games, so you weren't "set for Bronze". Not saying she shouldn't be punished, but the sop-story doesn't make any sense.
: I've held off creating this thread for too long... The Day Riot invited me to Playtest Mordekaiser
Not gonna lie, I assumed the video in Malicious' article never existed and that he simply wrote "Video removed" as a joke and then got a moderator to post a fake removal notice. I was curious to know whether people were downvoting the mod to play along or because they didn't get the joke. Turns out it wasn't a joke.
: I've held off creating this thread for too long... The Day Riot invited me to Playtest Mordekaiser
Found that footage you sent me: https://media.giphy.com/media/rDT4EZmrZRiAU/giphy.gif {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Kayle and Morgana Rework
They announced the release schedule toward the end of last year. Ezreal, chain champion, Kayle & Morgana, and then the new enchanter champion. We even got a new teaser image for Kayle & Morgana in the Season 2019 videos that were in the client. The only major revelation is that Morgana's wings don't appear to be tattered, and are definitely the same species as Kayle.
: Please Rito we need more durability
I'd rather less damage than more durability, to be honest.
: Fewer buttons to press!
Wait, triggering these used to require /taunt? But I swear the Yasuo encountering Riven one plays automatically.
nasu010 (NA)
: this is interersting but i'd like to know what his abilities are
Seems to be: * Q) Shield the target ally OR shields all nearby allies, up to 3. Consumes 1 hexbug per ally shielded. * W) Use a nearby enemy as leverage to fling yourself in the target direction, dealing damage to enemies you pass through. (like a leap frog, I imagine its long range since you have to be near a target to use it) * E) Takes control of target enemy OR takes control of all nearby enemies, up to 3. Consumes 1 hexbug per enemy controlled. * R) Summons a spectre that charges forward, damaging enemies and healing allies in its path (like Hanzo's ultimate). * I) Attacks cycle between three amounts of bonus damage: first 1X, then 2X, and finally 3X (accompanied by 1, 2 or 3 hexbugs). Not sure if hexbugs spawn like meeps, or maybe he always has 3 in the game and they return to him when they're finished doing what they were previously told to do. Maybe his basic attacks spawn them? (although his attack animations shown in the picture show him with 3 at all times).
: MORIUS, The Dark Merchant
His silhouette looks very Jhin, which is usually bad from the gameplay perspective, but that could just be a poor choice of idle pose. Look at some of the earlier concept art on the ArtStation page and with his very fairy-like ability theme, I feel like some of the other characters might have been more appropriate than the lanky fellow.
: The only other list that includes URF specific changes is the [Ultra Rapid Fire](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Ultra_Rapid_Fire) Wiki Page, which lists many of the changes made for URF over the years in which URF was active. Otherwise, there is no list containing all the changes in one place.
Yes, I also referenced that article in my post when I said that the Wiki doesn't know which of the previous changes are still active (and by "the Wiki", I mean me, since I am one of the administrators and I'm trying to update it to provide information that is otherwise lacking). But thank you for confirming that no list exists.
: Hey Eeyore, The official list of ARURF specific changes can be found [here](https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/client-new-features-feedback/ahnE7e1W-get-ready-for-arurf-coming-to-patch-92).
That list is the list I mentioned in my post - it only includes the new changes that were introduced in 2019 and does not include any of the changes that were carried over from previous years. It doesn't mention that Zilean basically has full cooldowns; doesn't mention that Yi's Q has a 4 second cooldown that starts when he becomes targetable; it doesn't mention that Sona's basically been handicapped; etc.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Exibir mais

Eeyore

Nível 136 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão