TVJunkie (EUW)
: Seriously. Its easy to rig clients for them. I am not talking about the caster team but about the higher ups. They just want an chinese team to ein.
> rig clients for them Got a spare tinfoil hat? It's amazing how such a take even exists, much less is upvoted.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=jxqXg3lh,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-11-10T17:18:22.571+0000) > > You mean IG vs FPX was the real final. lol no Not in the slightest I've seen better League of Legends in Bronze. TheShy legit fed and played like a scrub
> I've seen better League of Legends in Bronze Of course, skirmishes = unskilled. Board level analysis.
: >SKT vs G2 was the real final and was real League of Legends You mean IG vs FPX was the real final.
Agree. IG and FPX was fun to watch and tense. However, it won't be accepted at boards since the game is 'too much damage', 'skill doesn't matter', etc.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >But, I know riot doesn't care so it doesn't matter anyway. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant would have been a better fit for this
Just like it would have been a better fir for the majority of gameplay 'posts'.
: > [{quoted}](name=WarnercBbT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:22:38.073+0000) > > Of course he one shots you. > > hes 5/0 with more cs and a 1-2 level advantage And the second example?
Your second example is bullshit. There is no way it could have happened unless you wasted your advantage on buying IE + mobi and Darius, and then complaining you're one-shot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6d03VmQM,comment-id=0002000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-29T18:37:00.832+0000) > > Just because it has little play rate doesn't mean it's not viable. > > Viability means the ability to go to that role and win it **__IF__** the player playing the champion in said role has enough skill to perform properly. > > Off role builds are off meta, meaning they need a whole different skill set than playing them in the intended role. Playing Kai'sa jungle is much different than playing Kai'sa bot lane. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOB1TiCq_Mk&t=6s > > Or what about stuff like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFArYvYW0Zc > > You see Twich jungle smurfs with super high win rates, why? Because he can't be played there? Twitch, Graves and Kindred are the marksmen (and markslamb) of the the jungle, ask anyone if Twitch is a viable jungler and if they have any remote idea how the game is played, the answer is yes. > > Ask anyone, especially in the higher elos if Tristana is a good mid/top, and well, you get a smashing "yes" reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkh0YB5ooHg > > Karthus is now a meta jungler, but if you asked anyone right before he became a meta jungler, they'd either say "hell yea, he's busted there" or "no he isn't, he barely is played there". Now he's played almost exclusively there. > > Go look at tier lists online, from Pro Guides to Mobalytics, to others, consider Syndra a, A tier bot late pick, but do you think that means you pick Syndra there and stomp? She's much more viable than many other mids in bot lane, and you've seen it happen even in pro play. > > Can you win your role by being better (without being a smurf)? Yes/no, why? > > Can you win with Ornn in the jungle? Hell yea you can, and it pucks a punks as well. I don't Ornn jg in ranked, but I like to do it in normals (hint: I get put against higher ranks in normals than in ranked), on the other hand, Virkayu does a hella lot of Ornn jg in ranked, he even has a guide for how to play off meta champs, here's a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6lEuHHXH-o > > Your autofilled Kayn support doesn't count, we're talking actual players picking the champion in that role with an actual plan for an actual reason. And I mean, he specifies exactly what off meta means: "These champions were clearly made for another role, but they offer something that lets them be viable junglers __**in the right hands**__" (it's a jungle vid, so ofc he talks about the jungle, but same logic applies to any lore) > > To properly play these champions in another role you need a different skill set, but if no-one looks for what else can they do and where else could they be played, would you find something new? Taliyah jg? How many cried that she's unviable after her Q change, then she just proves that she's became the best jungler, she's even viable in the jungle even now, granted, in high elo. Karthus jungle, did anyone would've considered him a good jungler unless they actually sit down and considered what can he offer from there? > > What's viable is also an effect of what's meta now, so pick viability is divided either by "does it do exactly what the meta requires?" and "how can it counter what the meta does?". > > Also, let's not forget {{champion:81}}. During the course of his lifespawn, Ezrealy was played in every role, every way, tank, ap, ad, mix, sustained, burst, you name something and Ezreal did it (at least the Korean ones). Using your logic, because I trolled around with 5 people and did ad jungle Janna that means Janna is now a jungler? Mkay
If you're able to consistently play and win with jungle Janna at a high enough level (not smurfing) - yes, she is. That's just how the game works.
: > [{quoted}](name=Αdidas,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=56bleUam,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-08-26T15:50:39.976+0000) > > I often see comebacks in my games, just focus on yourself instead of others and you might see them aswell. Lol is a mental game at this point, not a team game. Mental does not affect game mechanics. Mental can not give free gold. Mental can not make towers take less damage. Mental can not stop 5 enemy players hitting the same target. Accept it, and just move on to the next match.
The fact that mental doesn't affect those things doesn't mean they are the only factors in the game and there is no factor which is affected by mental.
: Actually the truth is you’re wrong. Minions used to give 20 per melee 15 per caster (gold income) now they give 19+.2* time and 14+ .2* time which means after 5 mins the waves cost the same. So let’s do the math. For there to be a 400g difference as you say after one death, each wave is worth 60+45 =105 in season 3 This is also the same for 5 min waves now till 10 mins so the kill is 300g and they can’t maybe a wave or 2 for 150 to 200g That’s where the 400-500g lead comes from. But you’re saying now there’s a 800g lead AT LEAST “on minions” 300g kill Catch 2 waves for 200g That leaves you with at most 500g Let’s say 40 mins into the game where minions each cost 8g each more Melees are each 27g instead of 20 (their 5 min counterparts) And casters are 22g instead of 15 A kill + 2 waves in season 3 = 500g A kill + 2 waves now at 40 mins = 594g So even at 40 mins of scaling gold you don’t hit this “at least 800g” you’re talking about. For there to be this “at least 800g difference” you’re talking about you’d have to be 135 mins into the game. That’s a 2 hour 15 mins long game. Conclusion: you’re talking out of your ass and you have evidence or support to your claim. Please get your facts straight before you come on here telling others they are wrong
Wait a minute, why are you bringing up math and actual evidence instead of blindly stating that the game is bad, snowball is terrible, etc? That's not how things are done here.
: >You just lose. ff at 15 DO NOT waste time One day you'll realize your attitude is part of the reason why you don't have comebacks. If you give up in your mind at 5 minutes, you're doing most of the enemy's work.
That's true and I wonder why salty circlejerkers are downvoting. Mental plays a huge part in the game.
GilxeN (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=FreshyG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=56bleUam,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-26T11:18:11.094+0000) > > 900 gold at level 1 isn't even a S9 problem, you give that big a gold lead that early and ofc they abuse their lead If u think 900 gold at lvl 1 is a joke, you are totally wrong, when I got as a jungler 900 gold lead, oh boy my abuse was endless from start till the end.
Is it possible for you to read? 1k lead is a huge one and has always been, regardless of the season.
Stratixx (NA)
: I remember when league came out. I was only 16, when I bought the league of legends collector pack and played the beta. (Remember that stupid summoner spell that silenced you?) let me tell you, the game was fucking Golden; I may have been a terrible player, but I had so much fun playing new characters, different metas, and exploiting funny glitches. Remember dodge runes? (Fucking Jax) Remember Spell vamp? Remember Sword of the occult? Remember when there were actual Aura items? Remember revive? Remember when there weren’t any blast cones nor gate in the Base’s wall? Remember blocking minions as heimidinger? Remember Madrid’s? Remember old Crabgot and one shot poppy? You may tell me I have my nostalgia glasses on too tight, but go look up the original league and season 3 championship theme. Go look up gameplay and see how much more diverse it was (funnily enough it’s less diverse with less champions.) Literally.. watch the LCS with TSM and Cloud9 in S3. Everyone doesn’t die in fucking 1 second. I used to complain about games lasting too long, until almost 40 minutes each. That is when I took this game for granted. Riot brought in RGM and dominion, with the famous All for one, Urf, and Hexakill. Their first mistake was taking it away. With a game, you don’t REMOVE content which the customer liked and expect them to do so. Nowadays... No counter play 10-15 minute games No game modes You can only play meta champions No masteries and garbage runes You know I wouldn’t mind these ripoffs like eternals if the game was at least fun. I may put this part in another post, but.. Riot tries to demote toxicity while they try bringing toxic shit in like champion mastery, emotes, and eternals. Damn.
>No counter play I've been playing since S0 and I do notice counter play. >10-15 minute games Its not true statistically. >No game modes It is true, riots been getting greedier and greedier. >You can only play meta champions Its not true. >No masteries and garbage runes Define garbage. I don't see any issues with the absence of masteries either. >Riot tries to demote toxicity while they try bringing toxic shit in like champion mastery, emotes, and eternals. There is nothing toxic about mastery or emotes. There is nothing toxic about eternals but they're a bloody lootbox-ish cashgrab and that's the issue.
: Riot loves their play makers, meanwhile us enchanters are kinds just rotting in jail for being healers/buffers
And it's absolutely logical. People on average want to make flashy plays, not sit back and buff someone.
Uraraka (EUNE)
: Promos exist only to stop players from climbing fast and to force players to play more games to climb. If we look into game history, in and around promos the probability of getting afk, trolls, feeders will be higher. This is simply to give a game that has lower chances of winning and unless we play like our rank+2 divisions to solo carry games, it will be mostly a loss. This is not only unfair, but not fun to play because of bad matchmaking and not being able to dodge. Promos should be removed and matchmaking should be made better, so that rank becomes closer to skill.
>If we look into game history, in and around promos the probability of getting afk, trolls, feeders will be higher Any actual data to back that claim? >exist only to stop players from climbing fast They exist to counter the fact that you have a safety net and don't lose ranks immediately after the first lose.
YOU NWAH (NA)
: Let's be honest, in most cases, Jax isn't landing five man stuns. He's jumping on one person and taking a lot of aggro for it, and he relies entirely on his kit to be able to survive that. Galio and Rammus don't rely entirely on their W to survive their jump-in's. They're inherently tanky and build tanky. They can afford to take the aggro. That's why they have a downside.
> [{quoted}](name=YOU NWAH,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EOEvk31t,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-06T21:16:45.605+0000) > > Let's be honest, in most cases, Jax isn't landing five man stuns. He's jumping on one person and taking a lot of aggro for it, and he relies entirely on his kit to be able to survive that. Galio and Rammus don't rely entirely on their W to survive their jump-in's. They're inherently tanky and build tanky. They can afford to take the aggro. That's why they have a downside. Why should we be honest when we can bitch about jax 'jumping 1 vs 5'?
: Winrates alone don't represent much unless the numbers are rather extreme. Just FYI.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rptaBixz,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-04T23:17:46.113+0000) > > Winrates alone don't represent much unless the numbers are rather extreme. Just FYI. What are other stats that should be looked at and how do they indicate trist should be nerfed?
: Jax needs CD nerfs.
>I believe Based on what? The fact that some jax kicked your ass in a normal game?
FSRER (EUNE)
: And then there are posts of very high quality about balancing (which deserved to be at gameplay+ that Riot removed and replaced with RANT) and not a single Rioter will answer or say his opinion or if he disagrees or agrees with the ideas. That is how you know when a company stops hearing it's playerbase and it is all going downhill
>stops hearing it's playerbase Posts with 10 comments ad ~100 upvotes don't represent the playerbase in any way. Moreover, average board poster posts when they're frustrated and therefore such posts have even less value.
: Because the NA Boards is TRASH that the rest of the LOL comunity meme's about ? And the other regions Boards are even worse This place is worthless you know right? I'm here but I'm aware and glad that Riot ignores us here, the worst cesspools are always the official forums on almost every game
Absolutely agree. I can't fathom how people actually think anyone should listen to boards.
: Apparently MOST of the new stuff in the patch is coming Friday.
It's not apparent at all. Regardless of whatever logic you used to come to this conclusion and whether it's correct or not, it's not obvious from the notes and it's riot's fault. I don't care about tft whatsoever but it's still a fuck-up on riot's part which should not be tolerated.
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJi4Ol3J,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-25T06:24:35.694+0000) > > The removal was correct and the data presented is biased. Lux is not near 100% presence, her pickrate is not the 2d highest. If you want to be listened to, learn to at least try to be objective. They removed it "cause 80% isn't close to 100%" which only anuerotypical people would be upset about really. Everyone else understood his point clearly.
There was and there is no point. What you're doing is just jerking off in a circle manipulating the numbers.
: How is Lux escaping nerfs next patch when she's near 100% pick/ban in GM+ games...
The removal was correct and the data presented is biased. Lux is not near 100% presence, her pickrate is not the 2d highest. If you want to be listened to, learn to at least try to be objective.
ShelaShelby (EUNE)
: Why is tahm kench still viable in toplane??
> [{quoted}](name=ShelaShelby,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEB59jIv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-24T13:30:07.930+0000) > > He wins lane automatically No he doesn't. It depends on the matchup and on what you do against him. Tahm is not the most pleasurable to fight against, but he's by no means op.
: Mordekaiser is absolutely broken and should have never made it to live...
>Look at my last game I'd prefer not to use anecdotal evidence. How about that?
: That's you and I wish I would meet at least 1 Diamond player with your mentality in normals. Here's some of my total games against Diamonds in normals: Vs D3 2 mil mastery Jinx - not tryharding e ouch to go 40-0 but enough to stomp the lane and go 16-2 in 20 mins. Vs D4 Trollaf main - "Of course I'm playing my main, I don't want to lose to trash players" Vs D4 Riven main - "I'm just having fun stomping some new players" Vs D1 Kat main streamer - "Sorry for the hard stomp, subscribers asked me to try hard it so I'm trying to end it fast" (at least he had the respect to end it fast) Vs D4 Yas main - gets 2 1v5 Pentakills, starts bragging how were not even worth his time and calls us noobs. Vs D2 WW when my friend was still around level 10 - "If you can't win against me, you don't deserve fun". Look, I don't doubt you that there are D or P players who que into normal to shut their brain off and just troll around, but just like the other guy, any D or P player I met was playing his main and trying hard enough to he a decent stomp, some even just making it look like they plat vs begginer bots. Most who do give a reason for why they do that is because they don't want to have losses against S and B players (the highest my team ever got to have against a D player was a G3). So while yes, there may be players who do it like you, I never met one and I check the ranks of all the other 8 players in my games (playing with a friend almost exclusively) as it's just giving us a good laugh seeing how many Zed/Yasuo/Zed+Yasuo mains we find in 1 game.
>Here's some of my total games against Diamonds in normals: My experience is absolutely different. Whenever I check guys I play against, they can be silvers yet I struggle and they can be D1 yet I don't really care. Maybe you just have too high normal MMR or something. In any way, that's not a solid evidence as we don't have any statistics.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yLtXZRh7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-11T10:45:14.693+0000) > > Their playerbase is the highest it's ever been at 100mil+ > > It's just that Plat/Diamond players rarely play anything aside from ranked, so their matchmaking has to put them in games with lower tier players. If they have 20+ minute queue times for Ranked, where most people in that rating are playing, imagine what their queue times would be in normals were they locked to playing in their rating. > > It's also true that normal and ranked MMR's aren't linked at all, which, while I feel like ranked MMR should influence normal MMR to an extent, is also understandable because higher rating players don't play normals very often. If they are, it's either to detilt after a loss streak and just shut their brains off (in which case, playing against low tier players is alright because they won't be playing at their real level) or because they're playing with friends that are low tier (again, fine because they're likely just gonna troll). To think that a Plat/Diamond player is in every one of your normal games playing at a serious level is just plain ignorance about these players' routines. You had me interested and listening up until you put words in my mouth, Plat and diamond players are fundamentally playing to win unless they're doing something that is completely dumb with the intent of not winning. Regardless of what you THINK, these players are playing to win because...SURPRISE! that's the point of a league match. Also you must have not read the reply I made after my OP I said that matchmaking should attempt to fill the gap with players that would make up for the discrepancy. https://imgur.com/a/lboUqcf Tell me how this is a fair matchmaking system, I'll wait.
>Plat and diamond players are fundamentally playing to win That's such a general statement w/o any evidence I'm not even sure you're serious. I'm plat-dia and I do not play a bloody normal to try hard. That's why there is normal and there is ranked. Obviously nobody plays to lose, but guess what, normal mmr represents exactly that. If they play to win all the time, they will have high normal mmr and you will not get matched against them. Nobody can nor should protect you from a guy randomly deciding to play as serious as possible even though they fuck around 99% of their games. If you want a fair match, once again, go to ranked.
: Can we stop matching plats and diamonds against fucking silvers and bronzes in norms please?
No, it should not. Normals already have their own hidden mmr which is taken into account. The reason why normals are so polarising is precisely because one game I might decide to play my main role and the other one I'll just try stuff out. If you want a (relatively) fair matchmaking with equal skill, go ranked because that's **what ranked is for**.
: Nerf Tryndamere
>Tryndamere shouldn't gain bonus AD and Crit chance off of fury And he doesn't. He doesn't get bonus AD from fury. >Being able to take a turret before 10 minutes with only a brawler's glove and longsword is a fucking problem He can't do it in any imaginable situation apart from when his opponent is afk.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Basic understanding is the bare minimum you need to play any given role in the game. These are things like leveling your abilities, buying items, trying to kill minions (lane only)/jungle monsters (jungle only), getting gold from an income item (support only) and of course having Smite and a jungle item (jungle only).
There is no formal criterion nor reason to ban people when they play sub-optimally. That's why such 'trolls are not banned' threads will never disappear. The fact that you elaborated on what you think is basic doesn't mean you're right and people should be banned for not doing it.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: And almost all of them still get the jungle item when they are playing jungle because the role has been balanced in a way that makes it impossible to do without it. A player shouldn't be allowed into ranked if they don't posses at least minimal understanding of all roles.
There is absolutely no criterion to distinguish basic understanding from non basic reliably. Your proposition to ban people based on that is absolutely idiotic and works only in your head.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Players should have at least a basic understanding of all roles when they start playing ranked. Knowing you have to start with a jungle item is the most basic knowledge a jungler should have, since it's impossible to jungle without it.
>Players should have at least a basic understanding of all roles when they start playing ranked Go watch iron or bronze streams. They do not have any understanding and their builds are extremely, extremely crazy. Should they be banned? No.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Starting with a Jungle item when playing jungle is basic game knowledge, so it shouldn't be excusable.
>Starting with a Jungle item when playing jungle is basic game knowledge You do not ban people based on your perception on what is basic.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fqcZu8w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-18T03:56:14.843+0000) > > Millions of people play the game daily with very few, if any issues. > > There are millions of different computer configurations, including software. You honestly expect them to perfect it for all of those millions? You don't know how programming works lol > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fqcZu8w,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-18T04:01:32.279+0000) > > The game is balanced Nice joke.
>You don't know how programming works lol It's pretty reasonable to expect the game not to be flawless on each configuration. Having said that, game's client is a piece of shit and I have no idea what their **dedicated performance team **is doing. Just a friendly reminder that it was assembled like half a year ago and we got no news since.
Pika Fox (NA)
: A none ban leaves more options open for me to pick into the opponent, and more options for the opponent to pick that i feel comfortable picking into. Ontop of that, you never get better against a champion if all you do is ban it. Yas is easy to deal with.... But people ban him instead of learning. Bans are only ever useful if theyre targetted at a specific player (which you cant do until high diamond solo queue), or used to take out a counterpick to your intended pick. For someone who can play multiple champions proficiently, its not a good idea to ban the counter of your pick if you can also play that.
I don't get the downvotes. You have a pretty reasonable argument here.
: I don't mean to harp on you, but the way you're saying it is basically "we're sorry, we didn't think about it and that it makes league less enjoyable for you." When it should be, "Safety is our Number 1 priority when it comes to our players and this will be brought up immediately." I mean you're kidding right? These people know the risk of playing your game and do it anyway because it makes them happy. The sad thing is, I don't even think you know what these seizures can really do. They play your game and they have FAITH that someone looks out for them while doing so. So when they run into something "flashy" do you think they can say "Oh, no more league for me." or do you think they topple over and potentially give themselves brain damage? This is what I don't like about Riot. People like us, we GIVE you this information for free. Infact we basically PAY YOU to receive our feedback and yet where does it go? In one ear, out the other. Hire me man, I know what to do. Just something to think about. Peace
Agree. That was simply unprofessional and shows the lack of competence and/or caring about people with such condition.
: **UPDATE: ** Disregard the original message below. Because we take photosensitive epilepsy issues extremely seriously, Trials finisher animations have been disabled. When we bring finishers back, we’ll make sure players have the option to turn them off themselves. Turning off finishers does mean that we'll have to adjust rewards for players participating in the Trials event. We're figuring out those details now and will post an update once we have one. We’re also going to investigate more deeply in the meantime to determine what problems (if any) finishers have. _____________________________________________________________ Hey folks! First, let me apologize for these effects causing issues, and for not having a toggle for them in this event. The tl;dr is: the way we are rewarding and utilizing the finishers is new for Summoner's Rift/ARAM, and as such, we didn't have the time or bandwidth to have engineers rework this so that a toggle could ship with the finishers. We chatted about it at-length and ultimately decided we would rather ship them with no toggle than not ship them because we couldn't do a toggle, but we knew there would be some level of frustration and risk with that. So again, my apologies for making League less enjoyable for you in the meantime. When and if we release them again for ARAM/SR, we should have had the time by then to build a toggle for the content type so anyone that doesn't want them on can disable them.
So essentially your response is 'deal with it, we won't change shit for now'? Also, the fact you didn't even bother to think about people such as OP is pretty bad as well. The decision to ship them without toggling was incorrect.
Verxint (NA)
: Remember to always comment your code.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-04-20T04:41:35.427+0000) > > Where are the guidelines that say you'll remove posts like this one? In the Universal Rules, under Spamming and Trolling it says -- "Posting repetitive non-constructive or low-effort content." This was considered low effort content since it did not provide any discussion and was more troll like with it not even spelling upvote correctly. Again, that'd be more accepted in GD over Gameplay. > And if the thread didn't fit in with the kind of posts the mod team is aiming for, which is fine, can you guys make that more clear going forward? I can't go into details of the removal, but we attempt to make things clear to the creator of the threads/comments we remove. We don't necessarily make things clear to the community since the removal is between Riot/Mods and the poster whose content was removed. We'll clarify a bit if a thread like this is made, but we're not going to make a statement necessarily "this is why x thread was removed". Obvious the creator of the thread could also come to us on Discuss the Boards or the Discord if they had questions about the removal. When the new guidelines for Gameplay are posted, we'll make it as clear as possible what we expect from the sub-board.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-04-20T04:50:02.125+0000) > > In the Universal Rules, under Spamming and Trolling it says -- "Posting repetitive non-constructive or low-effort content." This was considered low effort content since it did not provide any discussion and was more troll like with it not even spelling upvote correctly. Again, that'd be more accepted in GD over Gameplay. > > I can't go into details of the removal, but we attempt to make things clear to the creator of the threads/comments we remove. We don't necessarily make things clear to the community since the removal is between Riot/Mods and the poster whose content was removed. We'll clarify a bit if a thread like this is made, but we're not going to make a statement necessarily "this is why x thread was removed". > > Obvious the creator of the thread could also come to us on Discuss the Boards or the Discord if they had questions about the removal. > > When the new guidelines for Gameplay are posted, we'll make it as clear as possible what we expect from the sub-board. Here are just a couple of examples of threads with even lower effort: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/yWHVsUsj-zed-is-still-oppressive-as-fuck https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/tEiITtLO-hey-vayne-is-gross-and-overtuned-can-she-get-a-nerf https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/7Iqn3stU-matchmaking-quality You either delete them or admit you're inconsistent and therefore are either completely incompetent or just lying.
Dr Dog (NA)
: has nothing to do with mmr at that point, they intentionally put you with teams like that reguardless because thats how promos are
>they intentionally put you with teams like that No, they do not. Why would they do it and what is your evidence besides some made up complaints?
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NAmKRAns,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-18T17:07:22.622+0000) > > Not at all. I've played at all levels up to ~d3-d4 and I can definitely say a lot of mistakes people make are not because of micro. We aren't talking about mistakes, we are talking about the overall meta. People make mistakes in every meta. You have to look at the difference between a high damage and a low damage meta. Micro and macro play are both rewarded and micro and macro mistakes are both punished in every meta but to a different degree. Compared to a high damage meta, a low damage meta favors macro play more.
> a low damage meta favors macro play more. That's not what you've written. You said high damage favours 'players with good micro play and poor macro play' and I disagree. It may reward micro more, but it doesn't mean all of a sudden poor macro is OK if you can press the buttons (I don't consider wave management and itemisation a micro skill since there is no reaction element to it).
: Hot take: "high damage" is just an excuse for poor macro and bad play.
I wholeheartedly agree. I do notice that the damage is a bit explosive right now, but there are still a lot of decisions you have to make which are much more macro-oriented or at least not as simple and dull as 'who presses the buttons first'. For instance, wave management, jungle paths and their prediction, correct itemisation are still present and relevant. In the end, what people want to do is to win and kill others and if they can't do it, they usually complain instead of trying to step their game up. It's been like that before and I'm sure it will always be the same. If the damage goes lower, we'll suddenly get the complaints 'I played perfectly and yet didn't kill the enemy', 'i have a lead and can't even finish the game', etc.
: You have it reversed. High damage favors players with good micro play and poor macro play. A high damage meta benefits players who have poor macro because it allows teams to go for picks and fights regardless of map setup. A low damage meta benefits macro heavy players who rely on playing through map pressure and less on directly bursting down enemy champions.
>You have it reversed. High damage favors players with good micro play and poor macro play. Not at all. I've played at all levels up to ~d3-d4 and I can definitely say a lot of mistakes people make are not because of micro.
: The worst designer at Riot
The sole fact that you prefer to insult a person behind the design instead of simply pointing out design's flows is astonishing. Learn some manners if you want to be listened to.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=000500020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T08:58:22.229+0000) > > Nobody should believe what I do. You may believe it's fine to try to discuss game balance without any actual game skill. I believe otherwise and that's what I stated at the very beginning. > > If someone has a good, or in fact any idea, what they should do is perform fact-checking, think about this idea a lot, and only then post it. Which is the exact opposite of what usually happens on boards. > > It usually is. Also, 'Nasus is op and kills me in 2 hits' is not an idea, it's a rant that should not be allowed. Everything you have said is literally YOUR opinion. You know what an opinion is, right? You talk like everyone should take your word as gospel, then conveniently claim that no one should listen to you. I've got a better idea, how about you make up your own mind first? "Usually" "Usually" "Usually" "Usually" "Usually" "Usually" Lazy is lazy. If Riot isn't willing to put in the time to read the good ideas, then they are the ones at fault. As are you for writing everyone off, under the guise of "no one here has any good ideas. And I know that for a fact based on my extensive research of casually perusing the boards every so often."
>Everything you have said is literally YOUR opinion And it's based on evidence, experience and careful thinking. >You talk like everyone should take your word as gospel, then conveniently claim that no one should listen to you You ever heard of three valued logic? I don't say balance is good or bad, I say that boards cannot reliable estimate that. >If Riot isn't willing to put in the time to read the good ideas, then they are the ones at fault Why would they want to dig up the dirt if they have other sources? >no one here has any good ideas. Nah, I've never said that. What I said is that the proportion of good ideas to bad ideas is so sad and disappointing that riot are right in not paying a lot of attention to the boards.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=0005000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T08:16:35.816+0000) > > I've never said that. > > Why would you bring experience up? It's pretty clear the majority of complaints on boards are from people who are objectively bad at the game. > > It's 8 years of playing this game at the level which is better than at least 95% of the playerbase. Still, I don't consider myself good enough to rant about balance, yet somehow people on boards do. Truly a mystery. > > I disagree. From my POV, it's some good apples and the majority is just whining and crying about Yi, Yasuo and 'damage is too high'. Pretty constructive, yeah. > > I'm not defending riot, I'm attacking the circlejerking boards. It just so happens that riot arrived at the same conclusion. > > Pretty weak argument. I never said someone is going to commit suicide because of the message on the boards, but being polite is a must when you communicate with people. There are plenty of examples of how it should be done. > > No, it's not. People are perfectly capable of being polite and thoughtful without degrading communication to the level of 4chan shitstorm. Yes, you didn't say a lot of things. You didn't say that sunlight is actually green. You didn't say that spaghetti sauce tastes like dog food either. You didn't say a lot of things. Unfortunately, a lot of what I was saying has very little to do with you brought up just now. Your attempt at taking the high road by claiming you have no right to talk about balance is cheesy and doesn't create an obligation for everyone to believe what you believe. If someone has a good idea, they are under no obligation to look at you and say "Oh well if this guy doesn't think his 8 years of experience means anything, I guess my good idea is actually a piece of shit." Talk about being a massive defeatist.
>doesn't create an obligation for everyone to believe what you believe Nobody should believe what I do. You may believe it's fine to try to discuss game balance without any actual game skill. I believe otherwise and that's what I stated at the very beginning. >If someone has a good idea If someone has a good, or in fact any idea, what they should do is perform fact-checking, think about this idea a lot, and only then post it. Which is the exact opposite of what usually happens on boards. > I guess my good idea is actually a piece of shit. It usually is. Also, 'Nasus is op and kills me in 2 hits' is not an idea, it's a rant that should not be allowed.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=00050002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T07:12:28.579+0000) > > I say it's circlejerking because I have ~8 years of experience with this particular game and even more with games and communities in general. I can confidently say that the vast majority of complaints are just people being frustrated and not actually giving any thought to what they say (Yi, Trynd, Nasus complaints and other similar things). > > Also, the fact that Riot doesn't listen to boards either clearly shows that they agree with me at least to some degree. So, what makes you think unskilled frustrated players know more about the game and their judgement is better? The only valid case I see is when something is extremely, extremely frustrating to play against and is actually disrupting people. Other than that, there is no reason to listen to boards. > > P.S. The fact that a lot of posts on boards are blatant harassment - 'fire the guy who did X' - further proves my point and justifies rito abandoning them. Oh right, because Riot is always correct and have never made any mistakes. So the fact that you and Riot agree with each other, must mean you've stumbled on some amazing insight into the human psyche, despite your lack of education or professional experience in that field, which automatically makes you a credible source. Or was it your "8" years of anecdotal experience, not at a pro level? Abandoning the boards entirely over some bad apples when there are perfectly good apples that can be found by virtue of not being lazy is exactly that. It's lazy. Riot is not some small time nobody developer that needs to be defended by white knights. No one who works there is going to be reduced to tears over a bunch of people on the internet being "mean" to them, because if they've been paying any attention at all to, oh I don't know...history? they'd already know that that's just how people online behave. Willful ignorance isn't an excuse for anything.
>Oh right, because Riot is always correct and have never made any mistakes I've never said that. >despite your lack of education or professional experience in that field Why would you bring experience up? It's pretty clear the majority of complaints on boards are from people who are objectively bad at the game. >Or was it your "8" years of anecdotal experience, not at a pro level? It's 8 years of playing this game at the level which is better than at least 95% of the playerbase. Still, I don't consider myself good enough to rant about balance, yet somehow people on boards do. Truly a mystery. >Abandoning the boards entirely over some bad apples I disagree. From my POV, it's some good apples and the majority is just whining and crying about Yi, Yasuo and 'damage is too high'. Pretty constructive, yeah. >Riot is not some small time nobody developer that needs to be defended by white knights. I'm not defending riot, I'm attacking the circlejerking boards. It just so happens that riot arrived at the same conclusion. >No one who works there is going to be reduced to tears over a bunch of people on the internet being "mean" to them, Pretty weak argument. I never said someone is going to commit suicide because of the message on the boards, but being polite is a must when you communicate with people. There are plenty of examples of how it should be done. > they'd already know that that's just how people online behave No, it's not. People are perfectly capable of being polite and thoughtful without degrading communication to the level of 4chan shitstorm.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=000500020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T04:42:04.144+0000) > > There is no need for an expert to understand that blind circlejerk means nothing. We've been there before with every season of the game. Oh sure sure sure. There's no need for an expert regarding THIS, because you said so, right? And you say it's circlejerking, so it must be true. Because you said it, right? "You need an expert for all these things. Except for the parts I've conveniently excluded just now, because it makes what I'm saying sound like absolute bullshit." Cute.
I say it's circlejerking because I have ~8 years of experience with this particular game and even more with games and communities in general. I can confidently say that the vast majority of complaints are just people being frustrated and not actually giving any thought to what they say (Yi, Trynd, Nasus complaints and other similar things). Also, the fact that Riot doesn't listen to boards either clearly shows that they agree with me at least to some degree. So, what makes you think unskilled frustrated players know more about the game and their judgement is better? The only valid case I see is when something is extremely, extremely frustrating to play against and is actually disrupting people. Other than that, there is no reason to listen to boards. P.S. The fact that a lot of posts on boards are blatant harassment - 'fire the guy who did X' - further proves my point and justifies rito abandoning them.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=0005000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T17:32:08.786+0000) > > In relation to balance changes no, you should not. I'm not even claiming anything about the balance, even though statistically I'm better than 95% or more of the playerbase. :) Oh I see, but you're an expert on human behavior so I should listen to you regarding that? LOL, piss off.
There is no need for an expert to understand that blind circlejerk means nothing. We've been there before with every season of the game.
: Can we talk about how the level of fun has dropped dramatically and the level of toxicity has risen
The level didn't change. I've been playing since beta and all the whining is absolutely pointless.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ah9IHMeB,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2019-02-25T06:36:51.415+0000) > > And that's entirely reasonable for the purposes of balance changes and other stuff. Average players are unskilled, uneducated and in general bad when assessing the game state. They complain no matter what. Well then, I guess I shouldn't be listening to you huh? Since you're unskilled, uneducated and in general bad. Well done.
In relation to balance changes no, you should not. I'm not even claiming anything about the balance, even though statistically I'm better than 95% or more of the playerbase. :)
GigglesO (NA)
: Why tanks don't exist
And that's the reason I wholeheartedly agree with riot about not listening to boards non-sense. She's supposed to do that and nothing is unusual here.
Exibir mais

Guzergus

Nível 209 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão