: Teamfight Tactics — /dev Update #1
I really wish there was something innovative on display here, like unit decks(no other way to have all the champions than to let players filter some of them out), or some more involved gameplay(lots of "collectible character" mobile games let you time the use of an ability manually). I'm honestly quite disappointed with TFT.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Update on Teemo changes
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Jag,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=3P4eu1WV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-19T19:44:21.999+0000) > Some Teemo players liked them, some hated them, and we weren't comfortable shipping something for Teemo without his entire playerbase being happy about it. But you were on multiple occasions comfortable with much more destructive changes to other champions, that weren't in any way consulted with anyone?... Where is my shield-bomb on Karma then?
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Let us completely ignore her lore and new faction that's coming up and judge her character based solely on her looks. That's totally fair, right guise? Jesus Christ, it's no wonder you people are perpetually displeased with the game. If there's nothing you ever look forward to or leave up for a discussion once more details are revealed but you want to pass judgement the moment any minor details come out or get leaked, this is what happens. I don't know what's the expectation. She's confirmed to come from the new Jungle region but as of Reav3's confirmation, she's a self-titled Empress. Whether she's royalty isn't yet confirmed but it also isn't confirmed that she's in Nidalee's tier as well. So the expectation that she has to look the part as if she's from Africa or whatever is just dumb to criticize WHEN THERE'S NO MORE INFORMATION TO COMB THROUGH. You're attempting to turn your speculation and displeasure into facts, which doesn't work. Secondly, who the hell expects a splash art to tell you everything you need to know about a champion? There's literally not a single splash art that fulfills this criteria. Curb your speculation to a manageable level and wait for more information to come out.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EhETzb36,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-06-08T09:47:43.588+0000) > > Let us completely ignore her lore and new faction that's coming up and judge her character based solely on her looks. That's totally fair, right guise? Yes it is. She doesn't deliver on the theme she was sold on, same as Kai'sa, which makes any and all of her lore irrelevant.
YaraUwU (NA)
: Nah {{champion:145}} beats her on the dull and missed opportunity scale by miles. Its gonna take actual work to create something worse then kai'sa. I mean shes a human that goes into the void and comes out fine shes also kassadins daughter. Idk how you make that boring but riot somehow managed to.
I have to agree with this. Kai'sa is the blandest thing to come out of any region of Valoran, especially out of the Void. She doesn't deliver on any thematic, least of all void one.
: Is it just me or the Battle Academia event just came and went just like that?
There was a storm, just not a good one. A lot of people were (justifiably) salty about Lux and Ezreal being the focus of another skin line, plus it landed at a time most people are closing out their schoolwork.
: > [{quoted}](name=Super Cow Swag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0vJHPKMT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-15T00:43:22.594+0000) > > 75% of the time a champion is overpowered on release / rework, give riot some courtesy that they didn't do that to yuumi, she gets to be one of the uncommon champions that atleast gets to breath for the first time without being called toxic. > > That and she is newly released, nobody is experienced with her... > > And most of all, there is probably synergy / strategies with that champion that have yet to be discovered. This champion is quite literally half a champion. Her E and W which should have been incoperated into a single skill takes like 70% of her power budget with little merits. And ironically since because she is half-done, she "synergizes" with supports which does a better job. I wonder what Riot was even thinking. Do they know how to design supports?
Her W and E take up her budget because they are incredibly powerful on their own. Pair her with someone like Jhin, who only buys AD items(that convert to Yuumi's AP), and watch how her heals make them invulnerable to damage, impossible to get away from, and impossible to land a skill-shot on.
: To be honest, thematically Nidalee fits as a jungle champion way more than as a mid laner, but that is just my opinion.
Even with that being the case, she has historically had a very strong lane presence, with the versatility of her kit allowing her to go into any lane, fulfilling any role other than that of the marksman. That aspect should be restored, especially now that Riot has returned to allowing champions to be more versatile in general.
Saezio (EUNE)
: You mean 7 years later? Also, yes there is a reason, he would be straight up useless in teamfights if he couldn't.
That would be an improvement to the game's overall quality.
: Is there a reason, 5 years later, Yas can still ult other knockbacks?
Yas in general has way too many tools. He has crazy mobility near minions/in teamfights, he has crazy initiation range with minium setup, he can use his mobility on top of a shield and windwall to mitigate damage. He is literally the most cancerous and overloaded champion to play against.
: You think "human in the void" is the same as a void creature? Are Kassadin and Malzahar void creatures now? Because they're just boring ol' guy-wtih-bits too?
I used the word champions, not creatures, when Kai'sa was part of what I said. Go fail at nit-picking somewhere else.
: I didn't work on him, but I believe the idea to create a second Darkin Blade (or third with Varus) was settled on early in his development. And even though he doesn't use it much Fiddle has a traditional farming scythe.
I think the actual question was: why did you give him an over-designed farming tool, instead of an over-designed proper weapon - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_scythe
: Who do you think of as another female void champion? Don't tell me it's the literal human in a suit?
This is how Kai'sa was advertised, and the Void is where the suit comes from. Even Malzahar gets to have a more interesting look, and he's from a time before League's current lore was fully shaped.
: Is Nidalee a viable jungle pick?
Nobody remembers Nidalee (to the point one of Neeko's lines is how she misses her), because of what her rework did to her. She's just no longer fun to play, since you're forced to be an assassing with an unreliable "get-in" tool, instead of a versatile spear-siege support.
: Uhhhhhh {{champion:60}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:498}} are ALL beastfolk and not animals. I'll let you have nidalee for her human design vs cat design. {{champion:29}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:121}} all being just straight animals by your "void" example. I'm really not sure where you are getting "Girls = animal, boys = cool beastfolk" from.
All of the females you listed are just humans with animal bits, who can at best transform into a purely animal form. Compare that to Renek, WW or Alistar, who get to be actual beast-men. And my void example also holds up: of all the void champions, the only two females are a straight up animal(Rek'Sai doesn't even speak) and a boring ol' girl-with-bits.
Reav3 (NA)
: Yes, Yuumi was the non-humanoid I was referring to.
Kinda sad that the pattern is: Girls = animal, Boys = cool beastfolk It holds true even for creatures of the Void, with Rek'Sai being a she being almost inconsequential to the character.
Infernape (EUW)
: {{champion:36}} simply because he's nothing more than a ball of stats whose main counter (grievous wounds) doesn't even work on him anymore. {{champion:23}} another ball of stats with the additional bullshit of RNG on top of it.
I wish Tryndamere had his ult changed so that he can't just pop it near death, same as Aatrox had his.
kaironen (NA)
: An Analysis on the Rageblade Nerf with Proposed nerfs
Ghost hit should have never been introduced as an item ability.
: So I'm a melee ap champion with no abilities to farm with in lane and who is still horrible vs anyone with an attack which has a range greater than 150 units. Also noticing there is absolutely no all-in potential until I have ult because I'm now supposed to just walk up and fling-auto attack you to death with passive, q, and e. Honestly, his all-in would likely become even WORSE because the ult is based on missing hp, it only lasts 5 seconds, and Singed isn't landing any poke damage with this kit lets be honest here. Any champ could now beat Singed in lane because.. 1. I'm building ap and only have fling to deal ap damage 2. this q gives my slow ass auto attacks a whopping 22 extra damage for 3 seconds 3. when I do have ult it only lasts 5 seconds on a champion who requires a much longer time to kill his opponents than others even when building full damage. You just made Singed, an already ult-reliant champion, the single most ult-reliant champion in the entire game and you even increased the cd early while nerfing the ability's damage by making it last only 5 seconds and halving the damage after they leave the poison. Am I supposed to build {{item:3077}} on singed just to waveclear or is he now a {{item:3115}} user lmao Just play {{champion:518}} instead. I'd be ranged, increased aa damage and movespeed, I'd have a ranged snare that was also aoe, I'd have more burst and waveclear potential, and my ult would shield me and have a much higher ap ratio and kill threat. Oh, I also get a clone to outplay opponents and the ability to change my appearance into any one of my allies. See how much worse you made Singed compared to just Neeko
Fling has enough damage to one-shot caster minions at max rank and it's AoE now. Noxian Slipstream deals it's damage to anything, just like Nautilus, and you get a shield if you hit a champion while using Stimulant. You have plenty of tools to farm and poke at once, although at the cost of it still happening at melee range exposure. New Q is primarily about making your passive do something when you start without boots, and giving you access to Ghosting without Ghost. Then there is the added benefit of gaining an additional 20 MS per 100AP, which means that if you want to go 5 Deathcaps+Lichbane, you can, and you'll be really fast, and hit really hard. You need to think about those things as a whole, not as individual parts. As for the ult: The cloud lingers 5 seconds, the ability lasts as long as you have the mana to keep it up (approximately 30 seconds if you activate it with a full "tank"), and the cooldown is there so you don't just pop it for 3 seconds and turn it off(although it's still an option if you just need 3 seconds). I'll re-word the description to make it clearer. Execution damage is also very strong and a powerful themathic fit for what Singed as a champion is all about (the inspiration is from his actions in Riven's story).
Kraum (NA)
: kindred is not a human..
your point being?
Comentários de Rioters
: Correct me if im wrong, but I think the problem with singed is that he has no counterplay, he only has counterpicks and even if counterpicked it doesn't make the lane fun for the enemy. If you pick wrong champion singed just does whatever he wants and it means 0 interaction, you just keep away from him and he does proxy. And if you pick right champion its not like now you can have a normal interesting duel, its just boring statcheck that also leads to no interaction if both sides know how to play that matchup. Either your champion can kill singed before his poison kills you or not. If yes than singed has to stay away from you, if not you just farm and dont chase him. Because this champ always does the same thing, he just runs away from you, so everything boils to one thing - can you kill him before you die from poison. In summary: 1) singed strong - people don't interact with him, becasue there is no outplay potential in duels with champion that just runs away from you. 2) singed weak - people also don't interact with him, becasue singed knows he won't poison his opponent before he will kill him, so he just stays away. Another important thing, singed is kinda immune to ganks from "wrong" champions. If nor top or jungle have strong cc than there is no reason to gank him. So very often not even a jungler can fix matchup with singed. Whole laning phase looks like that: singed proxy, other top tries to farm whatever he can and slowly loses tower. Singeds jungler avoids top becasue it is pushed, enemy jungler also avoids top becasue he can't do anything to deal with singed. Buff for singed mean more boring games so In general its good for playerbase if champion is gutted.
But Nasus is allowed to be relevant. Top tier logic.
: Weekly reminder that Riot removed ARAM bans because people wanted to play specific picks...
ARAM should be from a pool of all champions, not just the ones owned.
: Scaling champions like Nasus, Veigar, Vayne, Anivia, Karthus and etc scale way too fast.
It's so amazingly liberating to just quit a game where Nasus is not getting dumped on. Nasus puts a timer on the game, and whereas the timer was initially about 40 minutes, it's now closer to 10. You shut him down and win in 10 minutes, or the game drags on and you lose. It takes entirely too much jungle attention, and just plain not fun for anyone hyper-aggressive game plan (which also exposes you to the enemy jungler), that it's not worth the effort. Nasus also has entirely too many tools at his disposal: for a champion that is meant to be easily kited and vulnerable to ranged enemies he has all the tools to ignore all those threats(reliable AoE farming tool, built in sustain, cripple status), and a completely overloaded Ultimate that does twice as much as it should. On top of that, Wither and Fury of the Sands are both completely counter-intuitive: their power ramping up over the duration and the effect not being tied to proximity (i.e. you can't deny or play around the power-up) which makes it really fucking annoying when the fucking Dog just won't die, because his Ultimate gives him more HP. So yeah, fuck playing against Nasus.
: Feeling left out of the game because the different focus the champions get
: Players behind Riot employee walkout
> [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-01T19:24:43.222+0000) > > The threat of the walkout may be enough to get Riots attention, but if it isn't, let's support these humans just trying to make a living without being abused and then forced into silence about it. When I hear accusations of sexism, I think nothing of it. The word has lost any power, it's been thrown around so much.
Comentários de Rioters
: GLP is picked up if you run Glacial (rarely) and by Veigar if he's running Electrocute or Phase Rush. I feel like if they just made it's bolts go through targets and explode by the end once again, it'd be fine.
I'd love an item that builds out of {{item:2015}} and {{item:3145}}. something that'd preserve the on-hit of the Revolver, but add a mechanic that allows it to trigger more often.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 15
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=1ZAPMpxT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-15T17:10:17.300+0000) >Curious how that sounds to those of you who play Karma? I haven't played League at all in a while, but it sounds like we're not getting Spirit Bomb back, which sucks.
: Champions such as Velkoz & Xerath should NEVER be "supports"
Artillery support is the best type of support.
Meddler (NA)
: Yeah, I'd agree old, old Karma (pre 2013) went deeper into fights, though even then not as deep as some champs. One of the issues we run into here is that the majority of people playing Karma at this point never played that original version of Karma. If we're making changes using that as guideline of what's desired we're then serving a small subset of the Karma player base ignoring feedback from a lot of others. Reverts on things like that can work a lot better when the change was more recent by contrast and the majority of the engaged audience have experience with the older version.
While I don't mind the tether going either way, I'm salty about the Shield-Bomb interaction still being gone. It was such an iconic thing for her, and just about the closest thing she ever had to a proper ultimate (all other mantras feel rather boring in comparison).
Strigina (EUNE)
: Spider-Man themed maybe, but not spider.
Her Q is a bite, then you wait patiently like a good predator to strike again. Tactical sweep could be easily visualized as using the webs/forelimbs to strike the prey. Her E is swinging on webs, which Elise also does in a much less fun way. Her ultimate is literally trapping an enemy in a web. Compared to Elise, Camille does all the things a spider-themed champion should do much better. Spiderlings are thematically weak, and Elise as a whole has the stigma of betrayal on her for all eternity, since everyone expected Priscilla 2.0 (a creepy half-spider lady, instead of a lady that's a spider half the time) back in the day.
Rαy (EUW)
: Reminder that this is the Camille Skin we need
Reminder that Camille is a better Spider themed champion than Elise. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Meddler (NA)
: More details about Augments in that dev blog next week, so I'll avoid stealing their content :). In terms of SR though, no, I don't think they'd be a good fit for PVP. A lot of that is the sheer amount of complexity they add to the playing against experience. They feel really cool IMO because they're such dramatic changes to a champion's normally functionality and can be combined in rather broken ways. That's great in PVE. In PVP it's an enormous amount of extra stuff to remember and play around game to game, when there's already a lot to track. We saw issues with that during Runes Reforged development when we had somewhat more play altering Runes than there currently are. That already felt excessive, changes like the Augment System, fun though it is to use, would be pretty painful. Now, more PVE with things like the Augment System? That I could see someday, especially if Odyssey is really popular.
What about the people that would like to play "normal" League of Legends on a new map? I mean literally identical rules, zero adjustments, just a different shaped map.
Meddler (NA)
: Been seeing the bugged plant AI reports recently, someone from QA's looking into what we're tracking at present, see if that's a known issue, if it's already been fixed internally etc. For those of you seeing that, when did it start (or get worse)? Q shape - We considered doing so earlier this year, based in part of feelings from a few of us here that it might be the right move. Did some surveying of Zyra players after they'd played a game as her to see if that would be a welcomed change. Somewhat to our surprise vote was fairly strongly in favor of keeping the current Q shape. Result could be skewed somewhat by people who really miss the circle playing less, so not being in the sample group as much, was a clear argument from current Zyra players though that a reversion wouldn't be welcomed. Regarding mid lane Zyra versus support Zyra, I think substantial changes would be needed to make Zyra a viable mid at high MMR. Her kit, right from launch until today, has had some elements that have been a better fit for the support position than mid, even if she did get significant mid play initially. In particular her E as sole defensive tool, but also farming/harass tool, leaves her really vulnerable in mid. Combine that with things like weaker than most roaming, lack of safety, we'd need to change quite a bit I believe to make her mid competitive with her support play. Attempts to narrow the gap with smaller changes, like the seed CD refund on kill, have helped a bit, but haven't moved the needle meaningfully enough at high MMR. At low/average MMR she does ok already statistically, though do see some vocal dissatisfaction from players about her mid lane state on Boards and Reddit certainly.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Jj6ULKw7,comment-id=00360001,timestamp=2018-09-14T19:01:32.012+0000) > Q shape - We considered doing so earlier this year, based in part of feelings from a few of us here that it might be the right move. Did some surveying of Zyra players after they'd played a game as her to see if that would be a welcomed change. Somewhat to our surprise vote was fairly strongly in favor of keeping the current Q shape. Result could be skewed somewhat by people who really miss the circle playing less, so not being in the sample group as much, was a clear argument from current Zyra players though that a reversion wouldn't be welcomed. What if we could rotate the box in a way similar to Victor's laser or Rumble's Ultimate? Having extra range on the ability that way would be pretty nice, and more control over the targets we hit would also be fun.
: Okay I was about to complain because I do not want a HotS clone where there's a ton of different maps with different minigames within the maps. I hate that part of HotS, and the lack of items and the little to nonexistent laning phase. It's so boring to me. I would be open to more maps similar to Summoner's rift as long as they allowed you to choose the map when you queue.
It's why I don't care about any of the gimmick modes at all: I want to play League on a different map, not a different game altogether. Plus having different shaped/distributed maps with no balance changes specific to them could maybe introduce a wider variety of champion picks. One thing I'd like to see is a map that has only one lane, that runs paralel upwards to a U-turn around the Baron/Dragon pit. With only the team bases having any turrets at all: Just a single long lane that's easy to cut-off, and a constant back and forth.
: If you had the power to change ONE thing about LoL, what would it be?
I'd change the design philosophy about the maps used for regular play, i.e. I'd introduce maps other than summoners rift into the normal/ranked rotation. 5v5, no gimmicks beyond a different shape/objective placement.
: Moving Forward After DZK's Departure
> [{quoted}](name=Auroramancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MAMENhTM,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:45:18.167+0000) > #Riot wants to be a leader in culture and inclusivity. PAX was an example of going forwards in some ways, backwards in other ways It was going backwards in ALL the ways. There is nothing forward about trying to solve "sexism" with more sexism.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Auroramancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=002100000002,timestamp=2018-09-07T00:08:42.614+0000) > > I'm neither venting nor trying to stir up anything. Just joking around with something recent and relevant. Joking is fine, but I think when its directly referencing a sore point it might be a bit out of taste? Idk, at least thats how it came across. Sorry if I interpreted wrong!
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0021000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:24:50.251+0000) > > Joking is fine, but I think when its directly referencing a sore point it might be a bit out of taste? If it's good enough taste for a Riot employee, it's good enough for a Player.
: PAX/DZK - A timeline summary, and why it hasn't died down yet.
It is important that Riot never lives out or forgets the "2:30" and the way DZK was allowed to act. High quality threads like this are very important.
wc415 (NA)
: Quality of life change: Mandatory default smite for jungle roles
I think it would be much better if we could somehow go back to Smite _**NOT**_ being mandatory to jungle. I still miss Spellvamp lane-smite Morgana.
: Going to take a mental note of this thread. Skarner was one of the champs on a short list of champs we were willing to explore at sort of a Xin Zhao level, and one of the leading ideas was to remove spires and replace it with something else. Unfortunately I don't have much beyond that to add here at this time, but you clearly put a lot of thought into this, and I'll forward it along to the designer who ends up taking on that project in the future!
Skarner's kit was at it's best on release, the closer to that we can return, the better.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-05T05:25:25.794+0000) > > Daniel Z Klein (as a Riot Employee): "Sexism isn't possible against men because men have power." > > [Link](https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/1035724253641887744) The definition of sexism in academic fields like sociology, anthropology, and women's and gender studies refers specifically to the way sexism has always existed in our world--as the systematic oppression of women. So, yeah. That's just a fucking fact. It's not his fault that you refuse to educate yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-05T06:10:37.484+0000) > > The definition of sexism in academic fields like sociology, anthropology, and women's and gender studies Language may be an evolving thing, but we're thankfully not yet under absolute ideological oppression that'd allow a small priviliged group to redefine it. It's only the profoundly unscientific "gender studies" that use the redefinition, and that redefinition is equally as garbage as the courses.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Naqel,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-09-05T09:22:28.838+0000) > > want* > > They can get it the same way the rest of us did: without anyone's help. > Especially if that help is simply retargeting the issue, which makes it even worse(because there's no faster way to cause resentment than to offload your problems for someone else to deal with). LMAO Society coddles men for a thousand years and you think you haven't had help. That's fucking precious.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2018-09-05T09:47:38.438+0000) > Society coddles men for a thousand years and you think you haven't had help. That's fucking precious. The society was mostly built by men, so no, they did not get help, they earned their "coddling".
: Papa GUNDAM ! Tackling the PAX Fiasco
That video has so many links under it it could have only been created by a bot.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Whisperwind23,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-04T21:55:54.064+0000) > > Sexist - relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination based on a person's gender > > > Discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. Cool. The simple definitions you provided don't take the hundreds of years of women being treated like shit into account. > What Riot did was in fact both Sexist and Discrimination. Yeah, again, cool. This still doesn't matter. Different people have different needs. It's not discrimination to give women a panel that they need. Do you know why men didn't get one? Because men do not need that sort of panel. THEY'RE ALREADY LIKE 80% OF THE GAMING COMMUNITY. > A little background about myself, i grew up in an predominantly black neighborhood and as a black person have experienced a lot of discrimination and marginalization. The problem with what Riot did at Pax is they tried to promote more women by demoting men. That is 100% what they did when they excluded one group of people in favor of another. Men are extremely favored in the gaming industry. It's not "demoting" men to give women something they need that men do not. > If they really wanted to promote a fair and healthy environment they should of done it through inclusion not exclusion. Having the minority group mingle with the majority is how you get rid of discrimination. Segregation however is not accomplishing anything but alienating one group of people in favor of another. > Why do you think throwing women into a pit of sexist men is going to make men quit being sexist? It's not. It's going to make those women feel like shit or cause them to internalize their oppression. It's not fucking segregation to have a panel for women. > Last point i want to touch on, regardless of how you feel about "your community" you have an obligation to not only yourself but your company and customers to treat them with respect even if you disagree with their views. When you don't you are Disrespecting you own brand, disrespecting yourself, and most of all disrespecting the whole genre. To call me a "man baby" because i want equal opportunity for all and done so in a way that was inclusive is immature and childish, this is just unprofessional on so many levels. Colorblind approaches are bad and actually aid bigotry, because they fail to acknowledge just how significant and shitty our society has been to various minorities for hundreds of years. Also, it's fucking accurate? The only reason people are upset is because they're fucking ignorant. Y'all come in here with some 3rd grade definitions of sexism and think you're hot shit. Rather than sit down, shut up, and accept it when they were told they were ignorant, the community tried to argue and behave like children. So a Rioter called a spade a spade. Big deal. We have entire fucking academic fields dedicated to studying concepts like oppression...and you guys think your opinions are fucking relevant. I mean, there are people who have doctorate degrees in Women's and Gender Studies, Philosophy, Anthropology, Sociology, History, Psychology, and Statistics, that have all studied these topics, but they've just never thought of the BRILLIANT idea that "having the minority group mingle with the majority is how you get rid of discrimination" like League of Legends player Whisperwind23 did! The ideas y'all have are so fucking trite. Absolutely the most vapid things I have ever been exposed to. Do you honestly think that academics haven't studied the shit out of this? You've proved just how "wrong" Riot was for creating a panel specifically for women. You've solved all the problems of equality. We just need to expose sexist men to more women. We can just pretend that women weren't oppressed for hundreds of years and the problem will fix itself! We never have to schedule a time to sit down and listen to _WOMEN_ about what it is that _WOMEN _experience and what they think can be done to help _WOMEN_. That'd be unfair!
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-05T07:00:36.992+0000) > need want* They can get it the same way the rest of us did: without anyone's help. Especially if that help is simply retargeting the issue, which makes it even worse(because there's no faster way to cause resentment than to offload your problems for someone else to deal with).
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Naqel,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-02T09:54:42.707+0000) > > You do realize that gender as a concept is wholly made up, and not identifying with your biological sex is a form of delusion? Do you realise the binary sex model was for the sake of convenience to simplify in order teach the little kids who have yet to develop their brains, and adults are supposed to actually know more than brats to not believe it to be some unshakeable one and only? Same reason why kids are taught there are different races in human, when in reality every single person in the world is a hybrid with varying extent; because humans have been constantly migrating and inter-marrying since the beginning of time. Medical science is not some dog shit "if it's not A then it must be B" nonsense or whatever overly simplified kindie worldview you choose to adopt. Kids are taught many things that is a simplification of actual reality and may be so far off it is in fact actually false due to being too simplified, and it doesn't meant you also get excuses to not go beyond the level of kiddies. Secondly, do you also suppose dying your hair, tattooing, or hell, identifying to a specific dressing style to call your own, or basically any forms of cosmetics ranging from lipsticks to fat reduction surgery etc, are all forms of delusion? Because all of them are about one's identity and none of them are born with the person? Why is body image suddenly not a thing when it comes to gender? Thirdly, even IF they do actually have a case of delusion, which would mean they're mentally ill. I am not saying they are, but let's go with your own flow and assume that's the case. What makes you EVEN think that sick/ill people suddenly are not entitled to human rights and everybody can just kick them around and treat like literal garbage? What, do you go to the hospital and push down the wheel-chair bound people and that old couple coming in to get their proscription drugs everyday, too? Either way, you lot's logic, or the complete lack thereof, is utterly mindblowing and horrifying to say the least.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:51:35.086+0000) > Do you realise the binary sex model was for the sake of convenience to simplify in order teach the little kids who have yet to develop their brains, and adults are supposed to actually know more than brats to not believe it to be some unshakeable one and only? The binary sex model is the objective biological reality: there exists a human female, and a human male, with very clear sexual dimorphism. Everything else is genetic defects that account for ~0.5% of the population (low enough to be written off as a statistical error). "Gender" (as in, sexual identity) is a concept created to aid in categorization of the anomalies related to sexual expression. > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:51:35.086+0000) > Secondly, do you also suppose dying your hair, tattooing, or hell, identifying to a specific dressing style to call your own, or basically any forms of cosmetics ranging from lipsticks to fat reduction surgery etc, are all forms of delusion? Culture and cultural expression are not formed in the same way one's sex. A person's biological sex is something they are born with, and it cannot be changed(only the appearance of it can be altered). Culture and sub-culture is something a person adapts later in life, and may go through many such adaptations in their life ("It's not a phase, Mom."). > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:51:35.086+0000) > Thirdly, even IF they do actually have a case of delusion, which would mean they're mentally ill. I am not saying they are, but let's go with your own flow and assume that's the case. What makes you EVEN think that sick/ill people suddenly are not entitled to human rights and everybody can just kick them around and treat like literal garbage? This is neither something I said, nor something I believe in. To even assume this is beyond rude. I was merely pointing to the fact that according to all science (it's not science if it's not fact-based), people who genuinely do not identify with their genetic makeup are by all accounts deluded as to the state in which things should be ("I was born wrong." etc.), which applied further, made _**YOUR**_ argument a double edged one (gender identity = delusion = bad).
: Imagine wanting to encourage minorities in male dominated areas being a bad thing.. Holy fuck this was so embarrassing to read. Do you know how many women get shit c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y for just playing the game. My main account is plat 3 as a mid lane main and I still get shit like "You got boosted bc you are girl" Like Sexism is *heavy* in gaming communities and god forbid riot does something to try and make up for it? Holy Christ.
You do not "make up for" sexism, with more sexism, that just escalates the problem, as seen on the boards today.
: I've invested 5 skins in Sejuani and I feel like it was the worst investment I have ever made.
I don't even get to play her since the rework, since she lost all her support viability.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shamose,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-01T14:08:08.666+0000) > > What if one doesn't identify as a person? Like people that identify as helicopters. A helicopter is a thing right? There is a difference between identity and delusion. And even if they actually have a case of delusion, then they are people who are suffering from mental illness. And needless to say, sick people are still fucking people. So this changes nothing. Either way, fuck off.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-09-01T14:33:39.415+0000) > > There is a difference between identity and delusion. You do realize that gender as a concept is wholly made up, and not identifying with your biological sex is a form of delusion?
Done25 (NA)
: Support gold gen items, and how they can be improved.
I like literally all of the ideas in the OP, there is nothing else to add. Rito, hire this person.
Exibir mais

Naqel

Nível 65 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão