Horızen (NA)
: What the f*ck is with losers spamming "tryhard"
> [{quoted}](name=Horızen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EFHAtukr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-12T08:45:21.996+0000) > > The hell is wrong with wanting to win. That's the point of the damn game-- to win. > > Why don't you go make fun of a weight lifter for building muscles while exercising. Pure salt. They are made of salt
Kai Guy (NA)
: That You don't like the center of the curve being so close to Gold? Boo hoo. > No one magically gets better or worse if you forcefully change their accounts Rank.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTr3tiiq,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T17:22:13.726+0000) > > That You don't like the center of the curve being so close to Gold? Boo hoo. Haha. Aww, it's cute that you are so salty. Bless you. More tantrums plz.
Kai Guy (NA)
: I am providing pretty literal information. Your call on how you wish to view it. 8 can be a high number or low, context matters. No one is magically going to get better if you downgraded the ladder to Iron. Everybody on the skill curve remains at the same level of skill. I don't mind helping you understand it but if your going to not even learn the basics and build a theory with no consideration for how the system functions you should get used to finding yourself incorrect. You can simply take a moment to look up the history of this game between S1 and S2 to see Riot change the MMR value for rankings. Bronze went from starting at 1250 to being under 1150.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTr3tiiq,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T07:58:21.002+0000) > > I am providing pretty literal information. Your call on how you wish to view it. 8 can be a high number or low, context matters. No one is magically going to get better if you downgraded the ladder to Iron. Everybody on the skill curve remains at the same level of skill. > > I don't mind helping you understand it but if your going to not even learn the basics and build a theory with no consideration for how the system functions you should get used to finding yourself incorrect. > > You can simply take a moment to look up the history of this game between S1 and S2 to see Riot change the MMR value for rankings. Bronze went from starting at 1250 to being under 1150. You are delusional. Nothing you say will ever justify your original statement. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Bye.
Kai Guy (NA)
: It's an arbitrary scale so the numeric values only matter to their specific systems. You don't go any faster just cuz you changed from 60 mph to 96.5 kilometers per hour. The two numbers represent the same speed in their respective systems. Riot puts players at iron mmr? If they do this by changing the starting mmr to reflect current rank expectations? The distribution model has not changed. So ladder redistributes over time till that new mmr range reflects a rough range with the majority of the games players in a class interval above and below it. Keep the mmr value the same but change ranks represent new mmr ranges with iron covering thr starting mmr? Kudos now all current players below a point in low gold high silver are all now iron. At no point are you addressing how players are distributed or accounting for it. So yes. Bottle neck the people struggling with gold to be fighting for bronze instead with and vs the exact same players they already have in their games. Go look up. Leagues season 1 when Elo was a visible thing and there was only 4 ranks and any one under 1200 did not get a rank vs season 2 when they made silver cover the old Elo ranges of bronze and all the old unrankable accounts became new bronze. If your accounts rank was All it took to make you better or worse at the game then idiots who get boosted or pay for higher elo accounts would not be such dead weight. MMR is a probability system and its on a curve, not 0 to 100.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTr3tiiq,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T02:28:02.080+0000) > > It's an arbitrary scale so the numeric values only matter to their specific systems. You don't go any faster just cuz you changed from 60 mph to 96.5 kilometers per hour. The two numbers represent the same speed in their respective systems. > > Riot puts players at iron mmr? If they do this by changing the starting mmr to reflect current rank expectations? The distribution model has not changed. So ladder redistributes over time till that new mmr range reflects a rough range with the majority of the games players in a class interval above and below it. > > Keep the mmr value the same but change ranks represent new mmr ranges with iron covering thr starting mmr? Kudos now all current players below a point in low gold high silver are all now iron. > > At no point are you addressing how players are distributed or accounting for it. So yes. Bottle neck the people struggling with gold to be fighting for bronze instead with and vs the exact same players they already have in their games. > > Go look up. Leagues season 1 when Elo was a visible thing and there was only 4 ranks and any one under 1200 did not get a rank vs season 2 when they made silver cover the old Elo ranges of bronze and all the old unrankable accounts became new bronze. > > If your accounts rank was All it took to make you better or worse at the game then idiots who get boosted or pay for higher elo accounts would not be such dead weight. MMR is a probability system and its on a curve, not 0 to 100. It's cute how your trying to sound clever
Kai Guy (NA)
: Yes. it would be far better to make those players iron and experience the same bottle neck of frustration of having to play with or against inexperienced players to hit bronze. Much better solution.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTr3tiiq,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-10T07:03:29.673+0000) > > Yes. it would be far better to make those players iron and experience the same bottle neck of frustration of having to play with or against inexperienced players to hit bronze. > > Much better solution. You dont understand the term "bottleneck" do you? ROFL
: This finals was an amalgamation of everything that's wrong with season 9.
> [{quoted}](name=Play from work,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=KTPAGngX,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-10T16:37:25.780+0000) > > Way too much damage and a perma gank meta where Lee Sin loses out on nothing by spending more time setting up ganks than farming. > > The damage being way over the top. > > Vision being gutted to the point where it's way too easy for jungle pressure to turn the tables. > > Even pro players suffering from the effects of "top lane being camped" with the losing bot still being nigh on hopeless for the top laner to try and carry. > > And don't forget Lee Sin and Kaisa being absolute cancer to play against but have been left unchecked for some reason. > > This finals was an amalgamation of everything that's wrong with how impactful jungle is in invalidating teams and how easy it is to set top laners behind merely by forcing them to "play safe". Turret plating leading to uncontrollable snowballs, and sky high damage which makes this into a game of seek and destroy. I like how when turret plating was being introduced and I pointed out exactly ended up happening. More gold = more snowballs. How did the community respond? Apparently it was enough evidence that I should kill myself. Ohhh how the tables have turned.
: We're supposed to have a ranked ladder, not a ranked slide.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTr3tiiq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-10T03:48:18.897+0000) > > Why does the ladder not start in iron, and you are able to climb up to the top of challenger like a real ladder, rather than starting high silver/low gold and sliding down one side of the bell curve toward either high or low elo? > > There's currently 1 game recorded in iron on Yasuo GLOBALLY. All 4 divisions. > > Why do we have this tier again if absolutely NOBODY is in it? > > ________________________ > > The only excuse for not changing how our "ladder" works is padding out the majority of the player base's time investment working toward gold, since everybody 'has it in their sights' even if some can't reach it. Because the more you play the game, the more likely you are to buy a skin. By starting the rank ladder in the middle you create a bottleneck of frustration where people who are on their way to gold have to to play with or against inexperienced players.
: because they're devs and people are too busy in Story art and sound section. safe areas. instead of dealing with the obvious problem. you're are not the only one. tons of players are experiencing the influx of losses these past weeks. its obvious whats going on.
> [{quoted}](name=Skeleton Matrix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iYaZZuuo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-08T03:48:20.027+0000) > > because they're devs and people are too busy in Story art and sound section. safe areas. instead of dealing with the obvious problem. you're are not the only one. tons of players are experiencing the influx of losses these past weeks. its obvious whats going on. Past 3 weeks? This level of shit matchmaking has been happening since season 5.
: It's not fair, no. It's also not fair when the rest of your team loses to their opponents by no fault of your own, or someone on your team ints, or when you have internet issues midway through a game and lose because of it. There are a lot of things that are unfair about League, but on the bright side, this affects everyone. Assuming you yourself are not an AFKer, it's more likely that the AFK will be on the enemy team, given that any 5 of them could be an AFK, but on your team only 4 people could possibly be an AFK. There are a few issues with a system like this. One is that it incentivizes people to flame their team mates to the point of quitting in a losing game. Another is that it will result in a net gain in LP for everyone, causing a synthetic rise in the bracket.
> [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tLLVFIYF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-03T21:24:27.193+0000) > > It's not fair, no. It's also not fair when the rest of your team loses to their opponents by no fault of your own, or someone on your team ints, or when you have internet issues midway through a game and lose because of it. There are a lot of things that are unfair about League, but on the bright side, this affects everyone. Assuming you yourself are not an AFKer, it's more likely that the AFK will be on the enemy team, given that any 5 of them could be an AFK, but on your team only 4 people could possibly be an AFK. > Statistically it makes sense. But in practice, from my experience it is not the case in any shape or form. I have been playing since the begining and I can happily say without bias that I usually end up with the large majority of AFKs. Is this bad luck? Probably. Is it fair? Not in the slightest. That's why I'm never returning to this game. I'm done with waiting for Riot to create a fair system. They lost a customer and I'm much happier not having to deal with assholes every time I play.
: What do you guys miss most from league?
: Why do you assume that everyone who likes fast paced games are children? Not everyone enjoys sitting through 50 minute losses. Edit- Unsurprisingly, nobody has answered my question. There is no actual reason to believe that only "children" would enjoy quicker/faster paced games.
> [{quoted}](name=KVbqbFsC8e,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=655oYE3q,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-26T23:33:23.142+0000) > > Why do you assume that everyone who likes fast paced games are children? Not everyone enjoys sitting through 50 minute losses. Then play another game. It's that simple really. League was designed to have 45+min games, that was the appeal for a lot of players. No other game on the market offered a purely competitive setting while also offering investment over the course of the match. Then you fuckers came along and bitched and moaned for the game to change to your liking.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Resolution,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0O4wj1eL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-26T15:40:15.494+0000) > > Pray to god. I hope they have no hand in the Na launch. Just feel like they'll ruin it if they do :(. > > Watching how bad they've been doing the Na versions of other games is sickening right now. They usually dont have control in those games either. Tencent is mostly a hands off company outside china, just raking in money passively. Its likely they those were done for the chinese market first, then the companies just made minimal changes to release here. Mobile market is filled with cash grabs for the sake of cash grabs.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0O4wj1eL,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-26T15:45:10.687+0000) > > They usually dont have control in those games either. Tencent is mostly a hands off company outside china, just raking in money passively. Its likely they those were done for the chinese market first, then the companies just made minimal changes to release here. > > Mobile market is filled with cash grabs for the sake of cash grabs. You lie. Or you are deluded.
: Improving matchmaking will probably improve player behaviour as well
> [{quoted}](name=AquariusGine,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mYOyzob,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-24T20:56:18.000+0000) > > When you match a silver play against a platinum player, chances are, the silver dude's teammates are going to flame the living hell out of him. > > But is it really anybody's fault though? Nope. It's the system that failed the player. Been saying this for years. Glad to see someone on the boards is actually intelligent enough to think logically for once.
: Why remove my comments for "harassment and insults"?
Mods abuse their power. Some things never change.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gpLzupI,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2019-10-16T05:43:42.486+0000) > > Ohh wow. > It's rare to see someone as deluded as yourself. Funny since I haven't been proven wrong. You also given no counter points making showing you have done. Stop lying to yourself and actually think.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gpLzupI,comment-id=000100040000,timestamp=2019-10-16T10:17:36.451+0000) > > Funny since I haven't been proven wrong. You also given no counter points making showing you have done. > > Stop lying to yourself and actually think. Lol. There is nothing anyone can do when someone as yourself is delusional. It's like talking to a flat-earther. No matter the circumstances you are going to ignore or dismiss whatever is brought up and then you will walk away thinking your correct. Let's just cut to the chase where you walk away with your flawed mentality, crack open a beer and believe your like some supreme master of knowledge because your pathetic existence screams for you to "win" at something.
: Yeah no. This video is just nonsense. If you actually believe anything in this you're just trying to look for something to hate. Also balancing around the 99% is the dumbest and I mean dumbest way to balance a game. Since NEWFLASH they're not good. You should balance around people that are good and force those people to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gpLzupI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-16T00:16:15.958+0000) > > Yeah no. This video is just nonsense. If you actually believe anything in this you're just trying to look for something to hate. > > Also balancing around the 99% is the dumbest and I mean dumbest way to balance a game. Since NEWFLASH they're not good. You should balance around people that are good and force those people to learn. Ohh wow. It's rare to see someone as deluded as yourself.
Syrile (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H9QIub3t,comment-id=000100010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T04:53:56.439+0000) > > Garen Yuumi is strong late game, but you usually wont see a garen/yuumi lane, meaning yuumi is very vulnerable early and their ADC is an easy target for free kills. You can easily net an insurmountable lead just by either killing the enemy ADC repeatedly, or forcing them off lane priority so hard that they just cannot farm. Then it doesnt matter if the garen and yuumi scale, their main objective taker and a large portion of their damage is dead in the water early on (and yuumi lacks the items to boost garen much at all) I know how it works. G2 failed to beat it, for example. I know how to beat it pretty handily in solo queue. My point remains that is a part of why Yuumi is banned. Pro play bans things that are broken or specifically counter what they want to pick, depending on side selection. Red side is forced to ban certain first-pickable champions in most cases. Thus we had Kalista and Nocturne banned for ages on red side and why we have Pantheon 100% in pro play and Yuumi pretty close with only SKT picking up a win against it.
> [{quoted}](name=Syrile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H9QIub3t,comment-id=0001000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T04:57:32.369+0000) > > I know how it works. > G2 failed to beat it, for example. > I know how to beat it pretty handily in solo queue. > My point remains that is a part of why Yuumi is banned. > Pro play bans things that are broken or specifically counter what they want to pick, depending on side selection. > Red side is forced to ban certain first-pickable champions in most cases. > Thus we had Kalista and Nocturne banned for ages on red side and why we have Pantheon 100% in pro play and Yuumi pretty close with only SKT picking up a win against it. Ignore him. He is a well known forum troll.
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H9QIub3t,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-15T09:08:36.304+0000) > > Even with "precision and calculation" it will go wrong because a few devs and play testers will never outwit millions of players on the live servers. > > Something that looks bad to their internal servers and PBE might end up being broken and Something that looks broken might end up being bad on the live servers. This is what the public beta tester server is for. They release a champion or a new patch, people test it and they say it's broken and they still don't bother changing. What's the point of pbe if rito is ignoring it.
> [{quoted}](name=Charmy Bird,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H9QIub3t,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-15T12:26:36.357+0000) > > This is what the public beta tester server is for. > They release a champion or a new patch, people test it and they say it's broken and they still don't bother changing. What's the point of pbe if rito is ignoring it. To allow surrender@20 to showcase skins.
Barkley (NA)
: Just a friendly reminder to the balance team
Real footage of Balance team: https://youtu.be/wz-PtEJEaqY
: Is Riot doing their job punishing feeders, griefers, and intentional afkers?
: Anything documented about matchmaking on this Board should not be taken seriously. Way too many hardstuck Silver players here who will grasp at any excuse they can get for being unable to climb. We have people here who legitimately believe that Riot has rigged the matchmaking against them, and these people are often upvoted.
> [{quoted}](name=KVbqbFsC8e,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mFQcnAA3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-13T20:50:45.675+0000) > > Anything documented about matchmaking on this Board should not be taken seriously. > > Way too many hardstuck Silver players here who will grasp at any excuse they can get for being unable to climb. We have people here who legitimately believe that Riot has rigged the matchmaking against them, and these people are often upvoted. We also have too many people like yourself who refuse to see there is an issue and refuse to believe that some low ranked players actually should be higher then what they currently are because matchmaking is literally screwing them. Instead you paint them all with the same brush as "dirty silvers" despite the fact that half of them have valid criticisms.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T12:29:50.276+0000) > > Whatever rocks your boat :P Ha. Predictable. And pathetic.
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=00080000000000000002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T17:49:56.913+0000) > > At least I'm not insulting people :D > Imagine calling people "pathetic" over an internet discussion. Truth hurts.
: I'm gonna come in with a hard disagree. When you are the tank, you are the de facto leader. This is not fun for some people, and dying is never either. This is hard truth coming. **Dying is a necessary part of League of Legends** Do you really think you will 5 - 0 every team fight, or that every lane will go smoothly? League of Legends players have this exact same unrealistic expectation as Rocket League players. Nobody makes every shot - actually nobody. So do not fear death, especially not as the tank. things like 3v4 and 5v5 fights are **made **by one person dying really well. It's such a strange phrase - dying well. This is the skill I believe makes me climb in Solo Q as a tank player. Theorycraft - TL;DR "tank" doesn't mean i can't die, it means I force the enemy to choose to kill me Carries rely on teammates - as well, you rely on your teammates no matter what (to not int and lose you the game, ping missing hopefully). I say, do not shy away from this intrinsic technicality. This is where most solo Q mentality lose the bigger picture. Bad "teams" make bad decisions, this causes them to lose (solo q players do not like to pretend they are only 1 in 5, this automatically gives me advantage). Tank is hard for most players because MAKING decisions unilaterally is hard to do, and sometimes you get flamed. This is fine. If you are mekanik god reaction time, then it is probably better for you to play hyper carry, but humble yourself for just a moment and imagine - how hard you win when you actually win on tanks. Diving towers is "tricky" with some champions. With tank? I am killed? Well, it took you only "a few seconds" while I was tanking a tower. A few seconds was much more for my team to do, I automatically won the GAME by dying. This conceptually accelerates the entire process. You no longer need macro when you have advantage as tank, you literally just bulldoze with Demolish and by virtue of giving your behind teammates or carries your mid game resources. When you do not have advantage as tank... it still works exactly like this! You do not need a second skill set, or to be prodigy born with umbilical cord and mouse cord the same. Most times, you don't even need to outplay honestly. _**Just do the thing.**_ No matter what, you get to do the thing. An Ori shockwave will do jack shit if you have 140 ap at 25 minutes, but i do not need to do jack shit except hit the skill as tank. How is that not fun? With this in mind, you are easily able to win your support auto fill games as well, which really helps the climb. Anecdotally - TL;DR masturbatory sion one trick When I see I have people who hover Fiora top and Shaco jungle - I say, now is my time to shine - I am not a passenger because I am the **_tank_** I am **_not_** a passenger _**because**_ I am the tank Am I ori, zoe, syndra, of course I have my games, they are mid lane requirements with the recent buffs and zoe just runs games in good match up. But these champs can not use my macro skill quite as well as my micro, and i am much smarter than i am good. Playing a tank feels great - harder to die while warding, and always useful. I only play Sion, Cho, and Galio in ranked for the most part. Playing a tank TOP can be boring, but in mid lane sets me up to bring my CC to other lanes while mostly ignoring or bullying assassins and mages, who die to any single gank where (Sion E slow, Cho Rupture, Galio Taunt) land. Playing a tank just now requires far more finesse, patience, and willingness to adapt than ever before. Pros play sion mid with spellbook - I like it on Sion and Cho, and I even go aery if I think im about to crush it (melee users get much better use from aery than comet due to return speed). I build trinity force into warmogs on sion - not 40% cdr from defenses. Phage is a busted first item on Sion. if you use your E on a minion who dies, you gain 60 move speed while ALSO slowing the enemy - throw in approach velocity, can not escape Q without flash. Cho & Galio get to build my favorite item combo in the game - {{item:3027}} {{item:2065}} SO FKEN CHEAP! two item spike so fast. It is easy to say that I am not really playing a tank then. Of course I am. I do not have to build randuins to automatically qualify for this title. But you can not play a useless champion anymore - you have to be a "threat." The damage meta works in your favor this way, actually, the same dmg added to a smaller hp is more impactful. It's not by any means defensive item is bad, spectres cowl and ninja tabi are both insane abuse to dps laners, and champions who rely on burst can not always secure alone if you aren't ape playing like OP implies he should be allowed to do. It is easy to say that better carry players will punish me much harder. I do not know. Only diamond in NA. I haven't fought Faker and I never will. I use my skill set and I succeed. It is easy to say, "why me Riot?" It is harder to be brave.
> [{quoted}](name=ihateyouallmuted,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0bc9d9fW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-13T05:57:17.000+0000) > > I'm gonna come in with a hard disagree. > > When you are the tank, you are the de facto leader. This is not fun for some people, and dying is never either. This is hard truth coming. > > **Dying is a necessary part of League of Legends** > > Do you really think you will 5 - 0 every team fight, or that every lane will go smoothly? League of Legends players have this exact same unrealistic expectation as Rocket League players. Nobody makes every shot - actually nobody. So do not fear death, especially not as the tank. things like 3v4 and 5v5 fights are **made **by one person dying really well. It's such a strange phrase - dying well. This is the skill I believe makes me climb in Solo Q as a tank player. > > Theorycraft - TL;DR "tank" doesn't mean i can't die, it means I force the enemy to choose to kill me > > Carries rely on teammates - as well, you rely on your teammates no matter what (to not int and lose you the game, ping missing hopefully). I say, do not shy away from this intrinsic technicality. This is where most solo Q mentality lose the bigger picture. Bad "teams" make bad decisions, this causes them to lose (solo q players do not like to pretend they are only 1 in 5, this automatically gives me advantage). Tank is hard for most players because MAKING decisions unilaterally is hard to do, and sometimes you get flamed. > > This is fine. If you are mekanik god reaction time, then it is probably better for you to play hyper carry, but humble yourself for just a moment and imagine - how hard you win when you actually win on tanks. Diving towers is "tricky" with some champions. With tank? I am killed? Well, it took you only "a few seconds" while I was tanking a tower. A few seconds was much more for my team to do, I automatically won the GAME by dying. This conceptually accelerates the entire process. You no longer need macro when you have advantage as tank, you literally just bulldoze with Demolish and by virtue of giving your behind teammates or carries your mid game resources. When you do not have advantage as tank... it still works exactly like this! You do not need a second skill set, or to be prodigy born with umbilical cord and mouse cord the same. Most times, you don't even need to outplay honestly. _**Just do the thing.**_ No matter what, you get to do the thing. An Ori shockwave will do jack shit if you have 140 ap at 25 minutes, but i do not need to do jack shit except hit the skill as tank. How is that not fun? With this in mind, you are easily able to win your support auto fill games as well, which really helps the climb. > > Anecdotally - TL;DR masturbatory sion one trick > > When I see I have people who hover Fiora top and Shaco jungle - I say, now is my time to shine - > > I am not a passenger because I am the **_tank_** > > I am **_not_** a passenger _**because**_ I am the tank > > Am I ori, zoe, syndra, of course I have my games, they are mid lane requirements with the recent buffs and zoe just runs games in good match up. But these champs can not use my macro skill quite as well as my micro, and i am much smarter than i am good. > > Playing a tank feels great - harder to die while warding, and always useful. I only play Sion, Cho, and Galio in ranked for the most part. Playing a tank TOP can be boring, but in mid lane sets me up to bring my CC to other lanes while mostly ignoring or bullying assassins and mages, who die to any single gank where (Sion E slow, Cho Rupture, Galio Taunt) land. Playing a tank just now requires far more finesse, patience, and willingness to adapt than ever before. > > Pros play sion mid with spellbook - I like it on Sion and Cho, and I even go aery if I think im about to crush it (melee users get much better use from aery than comet due to return speed). I build trinity force into warmogs on sion - not 40% cdr from defenses. Phage is a busted first item on Sion. if you use your E on a minion who dies, you gain 60 move speed while ALSO slowing the enemy - throw in approach velocity, can not escape Q without flash. > > Cho & Galio get to build my favorite item combo in the game - {{item:3027}} {{item:2065}} SO FKEN CHEAP! two item spike so fast. > > It is easy to say that I am not really playing a tank then. > > Of course I am. I do not have to build randuins to automatically qualify for this title. But you can not play a useless champion anymore - you have to be a "threat." The damage meta works in your favor this way, actually, the same dmg added to a smaller hp is more impactful. It's not by any means defensive item is bad, spectres cowl and ninja tabi are both insane abuse to dps laners, and champions who rely on burst can not always secure alone if you aren't ape playing like OP implies he should be allowed to do. > > It is easy to say that better carry players will punish me much harder. > > I do not know. Only diamond in NA. I haven't fought Faker and I never will. I use my skill set and I succeed. > > It is easy to say, "why me Riot?" > > It is harder to be brave. Wtf are you smoking?
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=00080000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T04:06:05.188+0000) > > No point explaining. > Your ego prevents comprehension. Whatever rocks your boat :P
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T12:29:50.276+0000) > > Whatever rocks your boat :P Ha. Predictable. And pathetic.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=000200000001000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T01:36:21.514+0000) > > You might be right. I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Hong Kong controversy. But still the 2 subjects are related based on the principle of freedom of speech. I do not deny your freedom of speech. But riot has done nothing wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0002000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T06:17:35.203+0000) > > I do not deny your freedom of speech. > > But riot has done nothing wrong. Riot has done plenty wrong. "Lately" or in other words "currently" Riot has not done anything. But at the same time Riot is owned by Tencent which is arguably the largest and most despicable company on earth. Dont believe me? Research about the Social Credid Score system that they have created for the Chinese government. Not even exaggerating, but is Tencent is capable of that disgusting system it makes you wonder what else they are willing to do/create.
Mártir (EUW)
: What happend with Blizzard? (Honest question, I dont know )
> [{quoted}](name=Mártir,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T14:08:31.437+0000) > > What happend with Blizzard? (Honest question, I dont know ) What rock have you lived under? Blizzard hosted a hearth stone tournament, the winner of the tournament was a guy from Hong Kong who decided to share his protest over what's currently happening there. Blizzard then banned the guy and took all the prize money AND sacked the 2 presenters because they had the misfortune of being there. In short: China has become such a global superpower in terms of economics that it actually holds enough power to bully companies to comply to their will. Seeing as China is such a large country, we are talking about billions and billions of $$$. Not only that, but China is the home to countless whales that the microtransaction culture is built upon. Blizzard has basicly chosen $$$ over freedom of speech against oppressive regimes. It's the straw that has finally broken the camels back. And it all reflects down the line to any company in the same position. Companies such as Riot for instance is owned entirely by Tencent (do your own research on this) and it's not out of the realm of possibility that Riot and other companies are going to promote western popular opinion on the situation as a form of damage control to avoid the fiasco Blizzard is finding itself to encounter.
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:29:50.568+0000) > > And the reasoning you claim is not why, it's your disgusting condecendance. A lil explanation would be helpful, not exacly understand what you mean by that. > W/E, your the one who has to live with yourself. Its pitiful. Wow, such strong words over a video game, jeez.
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=0008000000000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:56:44.886+0000) > > A lil explanation would be helpful, not exacly understand what you mean by that. > > Wow, such strong words over a video game, jeez. No point explaining. Your ego prevents comprehension.
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:06:10.663+0000) > > Simply put broadcasts of league of legends are focussed on league of legends ... what a shocker. You're missing OP's point. He's saying that Riot will take a Political Stance when they stand to profit, specifically regarding LGBTQ+ but won't when it threatens profit, specifically Hong Kong here. You're statement is absolutely valid, but it's also not something OP was refuting.
> [{quoted}](name=AmWhaleIRL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:23:49.443+0000) > > You're missing OP's point. > He's saying that Riot will take a Political Stance when they stand to profit, specifically regarding LGBTQ+ but won't when it threatens profit, specifically Hong Kong here. > You're statement is absolutely valid, but it's also not something OP was refuting. Actually, I think you also missed the point. He's saying that Riot would make a statement in support of Hong Kong but that's all it would be. A statement. A PR stunt. Because it's more profitable to pretend than it is to feel the scorn that Blizzard has received.
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=0008000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T10:53:11.243+0000) > > Attitude And you came to that conclusion through textual responses? Well thats intersting, to say the least ahhaha But again, if wanting to play with your friends that are on a different server is toxic, then yea, I'm rly toxic :D
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=00080000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T14:06:17.492+0000) > > And you came to that conclusion through textual responses? > Well thats intersting, to say the least ahhaha > > But again, if wanting to play with your friends that are on a different server is toxic, then yea, I'm rly toxic :D It's fairly evident that you are, yes. And the reasoning you claim is not why, it's your disgusting condecendance. W/E, your the one who has to live with yourself. Its pitiful.
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=00080000000000000002,timestamp=2019-10-10T23:33:42.647+0000) > > You just proved to him that you are in fact toxic. > GJ How exactly?
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T00:32:59.365+0000) > > How exactly? Attitude
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Light of Madness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T10:57:02.197+0000) > > Sorry to say but it is toxic when you go to a game and know people are lower elo than u and just stomp. You basically made 20-30 minutes of bad game experience for 5 people just because u wanted to smurf. So it is toxic or at least selfish. When you play there are another 9 players who wants to have a nice experience, losing or winning and when a game is not fair like that you made a bad experience happen, you were toxic. So because smurfing is toxic I shouldnt be allowed to play with my friends (on norms) because I choose to play on different server than them? Nice :) Preventing some1 to have fun with their friends because youre salty that one smurf whooped your ass is kinda selfish, just sayin. Not to mention you calling me toxic, selfish, basically assuming im just smurfing for the sole reason of beating new players is also toxic. Especially when you add the fact that im silver 1 on this acc, so even if I wanted to smurf on eune ranked ladder it would make no difference since I would play in mid/high silver-low gold elo anyway. So instead of crying about smurfs, work on yourself a lil bit ;) And since when its toxic and/or selfish for wanting to play with your friends? Thats some twisted-ass logic my friend.
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T14:15:34.123+0000) > > So because smurfing is toxic I shouldnt be allowed to play with my friends (on norms) because I choose to play on different server than them? > Nice :) > > Preventing some1 to have fun with their friends because youre salty that one smurf whooped your ass is kinda selfish, just sayin. Not to mention you calling me toxic, selfish, basically assuming im just smurfing for the sole reason of beating new players is also toxic. > > Especially when you add the fact that im silver 1 on this acc, so even if I wanted to smurf on eune ranked ladder it would make no difference since I would play in mid/high silver-low gold elo anyway. > > So instead of crying about smurfs, work on yourself a lil bit ;) > > And since when its toxic and/or selfish for wanting to play with your friends? Thats some twisted-ass logic my friend. You just proved to him that you are in fact toxic. GJ
: I kind of understand where your frustration is coming from, but at the same time, you do need to realize that some people smurf for a reason. If I'm looking to learn how to, lets say Jungle, and see what my peak rank is, I'm sure as hell not going to pick jungle for the first time in Diamond elo, against people who have climbed through that role. I'll level an account, playing jungle only, and buy the respective champions I'm looking into playing. That's the best way for improvement, without losing MMR. Now, you do have the other kinds of smurfs (Unranked - Master, playing their OTP) wich... really is kinda toxic & cancerous, and disgusting, but, life goes on... :)
> [{quoted}](name=SomeOneButNoOne,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-10T10:20:24.091+0000) > > I kind of understand where your frustration is coming from, but at the same time, you do need to realize that some people smurf for a reason. > If I'm looking to learn how to, lets say Jungle, and see what my peak rank is, I'm sure as hell not going to pick jungle for the first time in Diamond elo, against people who have climbed through that role. I'll level an account, playing jungle only, and buy the respective champions I'm looking into playing. > > That's the best way for improvement, without losing MMR. > Now, you do have the other kinds of smurfs (Unranked - Master, playing their OTP) wich... really is kinda toxic & cancerous, and disgusting, but, life goes on... :) Ever considered playing normals for experience?
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:36:13.626+0000) > > Well, you're not wrong. But, don't forget that Tencent is a Chinese company, so they are monitored closely, especially when they have shares in western markets. I can bet my right arm that Riot's overlords forbid them from talking about this mess, because of the looming threat of sanctions. I highly doubt Riot cares what Tencent thinks - if Riot felt that Tencent were causing them harm, they would be more than capable of finding another investor or even just planning a buyback of the company. The issue that arises from Tencent is that the Chinese government can more easily monitor many things related to League or Riot - increasing the potential harm. While it's possible that the Chinese government will never see that random 3000 subscriber youtuber say one comment about it, it's more likely that they would if that person was a League streamer, because of Tencent.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:46:33.611+0000) > > I highly doubt Riot cares what Tencent thinks - if Riot felt that Tencent were causing them harm, they would be more than capable of finding another investor or even just planning a buyback of the company. > > The issue that arises from Tencent is that the Chinese government can more easily monitor many things related to League or Riot - increasing the potential harm. While it's possible that the Chinese government will never see that random 3000 subscriber youtuber say one comment about it, it's more likely that they would if that person was a League streamer, because of Tencent. You don't know how business works, do you? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Zardo (NA)
: It's not "the rest of the community". Its literally only players who reached their peak with ~50% winrates or people frustrated about losing. People not being able to win or climb and getting frustrated about it is nothing new. This is essentially the "my team is holding me back" combined with a conspiracy theory. I really dont care if my comments are popular or not honestly. When I started playing I had a very similar mindset to you all. Riot was out to get me and that I was being matched against better players with worse players. Even my wins felt predetermined. So I made a post about it. Someone gave me a wakeup call in the comments, and their comment wasn't very popular either. But it was necessary. I climbed because of it and learned to improve. I don't want people to get stuck in this mindset. This mindset is how you get complacent with your performances and believe that you can never impact your games enough to climb. If you believe that the slight random differences in players on each team determines your wins and losses you're simply not having enough of an impact. You simply need to "git gud" or accept you've reached your peak.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q6MknWal,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-04T13:04:07.211+0000) > > It's not "the rest of the community". Its literally only players who reached their peak with ~50% winrates or people frustrated about losing. > > People not being able to win or climb and getting frustrated about it is nothing new. This is essentially the "my team is holding me back" combined with a conspiracy theory. > > I really dont care if my comments are popular or not honestly. When I started playing I had a very similar mindset to you all. Riot was out to get me and that I was being matched against better players with worse players. Even my wins felt predetermined. So I made a post about it. Someone gave me a wakeup call in the comments, and their comment wasn't very popular either. But it was necessary. I climbed because of it and learned to improve. > > I don't want people to get stuck in this mindset. This mindset is how you get complacent with your performances and believe that you can never impact your games enough to climb. If you believe that the slight random differences in players on each team determines your wins and losses you're simply not having enough of an impact. You simply need to "git gud" or accept you've reached your peak. Lol. If that's what helps you sleep at night. It's clearly not Riots flawed system in any way shape or form despite the evidence. It's all about mindset. Nothing to do with riot promoting toxicity or actively forcing a 50% rate to bs about their game being balenced. Fucking shill
Swimmx (NA)
: What if the LOL world Champions this year speak out in support of Hong Kong.
: It's honestly weird as it's not like Hong Kong's existence is actively being denied.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaMessiah,realm=OCE,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-08T23:48:28.641+0000) > > It's honestly weird as it's not like Hong Kong's existence is actively being denied. I will probably get censored for this... But what some people don't realise is that Tencent is in bed with the chinese government. So in no way will Tencent even remotely support or even respect the people of Hong Kong.
Zardo (NA)
: Yeah riot knew he was going to afk so they put him in your game. It's all a conspiracy, all the sheeple need to wake up!
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q6MknWal,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-03T15:39:51.776+0000) > > Yeah riot knew he was going to afk so they put him in your game. It's all a conspiracy, all the sheeple need to wake up! I think you are the one who needs a wake-up and reality check, mate. You dont realise that the rest of the community has nailed down that something fishy is definitely going on in regards to Riots matchmaking.
Alüe (NA)
: Will leagues Meta ever return to a slower state?
5050BS (NA)
: Riot you really need to perma ban some players from Rank
: Worst patch ever?
I guarantee they all have upcoming skins.
: I mean, Devil's advocate, there was no counterplay to a Tank sitting on your face eating everything, taking zero damage, and then still proceeding to kill you. Said 'outplay' didn't exist because of how easily tanks could stick on you, along with their utility. There's downsides to every meta, but today's state makes people forget the problems of an older time.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHeFMl0J,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-09-25T01:36:51.943+0000) > > I mean, Devil's advocate, there was no counterplay to a Tank sitting on your face eating everything, taking zero damage, and then still proceeding to kill you. Said 'outplay' didn't exist because of how easily tanks could stick on you, along with their utility. > > There's downsides to every meta, but today's state makes people forget the problems of an older time. I assume you are talking about the era of the "tank" meta. Which is by far the worst example. Ofc there was counter play to tanks. In lane you would have dominance over the minions so the counter play was to attempt to starve the tank from getting too big late game. Also, tanks would be fairly weak 1v1, their strengths were that they initiated fights and caused a general disruption to the enemy team. There is a huge diffrence between the tank meta where tanks had equal to greater damage than the carrys in addition to the survivability the class is known for and what tanks used to be where they did continuous sub-mediocre damage while excelling at crowd control while having their survivability. This is simple balance 101. I still can't fathom how so many players dont understand basic balancing principles or can't differentiate between basic class fundamentals and foundational failures of design.
: Will League EVER return to slower gameplay?
The answer is no. The eastern market has the vast majority of players. Like... China has 80%+ of the entire player base. So the Chinese get to decide how they want the game to be played. They want faster games so they can fit as many games in as possible during the time they have at internet cafes. NOT ONLY THAT but the chinese dump so much damn cash they literally are the ultimate whales. The game is no longer for you and never will again. Learn to accept it and move on.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=0006000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-24T02:24:19.189+0000) > > "If you got nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" or there is no reason to give a company my phone number just to play their game.
> [{quoted}](name=MaskedMorals,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=00060002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-24T07:08:05.357+0000) > > or there is no reason to give a company my phone number just to play their game. But is not "just to play their game" is it? It's to play a game mode within their game in an attempt to create a fairer and competitive environment. A game mode I might add that its sole use is to be a fair and competitive environment. Which is a bit of a joke, cause its neither in comparison to the other game modes the game provides.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=00060002,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:34:41.718+0000) > > That's a terrible reason to write off a game. > Something tells me you like to be toxic and waste other people's time if you dont want to provide such a simple account verification step. no other game i play requires my phone number, so why the fuck would i enter it just to play one game? also i was regularly treated as a positive player in dota 2 ranked before they put the phone number verification, so this whole stereotyping / passive aggressive bullshit you desperately want to pull off can stop.
> [{quoted}](name=MaskedMorals,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=000600020000,timestamp=2019-09-24T02:20:41.254+0000) > > no other game i play requires my phone number, so why the fuck would i enter it just to play one game? > > also i was regularly treated as a positive player in dota 2 ranked before they put the phone number verification, so this whole stereotyping / passive aggressive bullshit you desperately want to pull off can stop. "If you got nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:42:08.526+0000) > > Lol HOTS is so much worse in every conceivable way. > Not only are you at the mercy of the absolute clowns that have no awareness on any aspect of the game and that they tunnel vision so hard they are actually worse than bots, but the game also holds you back by said players by giving you equal team level to their incompetence. honestly that sounds like more of a matchmaking issue that only really bad players who think they are good have to deal with Like I personally haven't run into that issue with bad teammates in either game, and I play support/tank most often who depends heavily on having competent win-seeking teammates to actually close out games and win
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-09-24T01:45:21.492+0000) > > honestly that sounds like more of a matchmaking issue that only really bad players who think they are good have to deal with > > Like I personally haven't run into that issue with bad teammates in either game, and I play support/tank most often who depends heavily on having competent win-seeking teammates to actually close out games and win That's an outright lie.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:32:24.559+0000) > > I'm sorry bit Dota 2 is a far superior MOBA in every sense of the genre. > Especially as time goes on. > > Dont be a fanboy, it's true and you know it. I'm starting to wonder who really is the fanboy here.
> [{quoted}](name=MrZalgo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=00130001,timestamp=2019-09-23T17:36:25.300+0000) > > I'm starting to wonder who really is the fanboy here. Time played LoL: well over 10k hours since season 1 Time played Dota: Steam says 57 hours. I'm not a fanboy. Equally I'm just not a biased little bellend to which I can easily compare mechanics and determine which one is greater. Dota wins by a fucking mile. Fucking smart ass little shrew.
: I've actually been enjoying heroes of the storm over these past few weeks healers and tanks actually get to be relevant and survivable there (unlike league where the only way that someone like ornn is allowed to be viable is if he outtrades everyone he touches in sheer damage, instead of y'know, being an actual tanky lad), there's no damage meta of only 20 viable champions like it is in league where I get frustrated because I have to lane against akali as a hardmelee champion the characters are all based off of other blizzard games some of which I never knew about (like zul'jin or Alarak) but I found them intriguing and cool enough to look deeper into them and their backstory, and then I learn they have tons of past history in their own games (and some also have really neat cinematics/trailers from their own games too). there's an ARAM mode where all heroes are unlocked and playable so I don't get matched against shitty aram only accounts, but you also aren't completely screwed out of it if you don't know how to play, because you get to pick from 3 different heroes every match. I actually ended up finding out that I really like playing gul'dan and muradin from this mode (neither of which were in free week rotation at the time). Also the general polish that blizzard does is very new player friendly so even when I ended up getting stuck playing a hero of whom I have no idea what their abilities are such as that time I ended up picking Malthael, it's easy and quick enough to play that I still end up contributing well enough to get the most damage on my team and feel like I learned something (and feel genuinely comfortable picking that hero again) the game still get's updates, so far this year there's been 3 new heroes, 1 of which is actually just an original design that isn't even based off of a previous blizzard game the main casual game mode also let's you pick your hero before you queue and then does it's matchmaking based on your pick, so you always get to play who you want also sometimes you open a lootbox from leveling up the mastery level of a hero and you just get a whole nother hero to play. Abathur was the first hero I ever got out of it and he's really wild since he can literally clone an allied hero and then you get to play as them for 20 seconds (you can't use their ultimate however for balance reasons) which is just insanely cool and crazy character design. I also got witch doctor and sonya out of chests too before hitting player level 50 too. Oh and you can also get like, a bunch of legendary and epic skins and mounts and announcers out of the chests. no shards, you still get gold post match, the actual economy feels extremely generous. The daily gold quest system is also much more enjoyable over league's event pass system that they've been doing where you get very easy and simply things to do instead of grinding perpetually for tokens from missions you had to pay for. there's no last hitting or item shops which is the only thing I truly miss coming from 2000ish hours of league, since that's always something you can train and improve at; but there's this quest system that some heroes have access to that let's you scale up your hero by performing specific actions (like hitting a hero with an ability or fulfilling a condition to that ability). Some of the quests are indefinite and can scale infinitely forever so you end up with games where the Butcher has like 700 base AD and everyone has to play around him ( for those who don't know, the butcher innately has a quest that let's him gain base AD from meat that drop off dead minions). Usually though it's just satisfying to hear that ding when I make the ability not just knockback the enemy, but stun them because I outpositioned them and pinned them to a wall. Also I have yet to run into a hero I truly dislike playing against or find overly frustrating regardless of how well I do against them. League I can list of too many to count, malzahar, heimer, akali, pyke, darius, riven, brand, caitlyn, irelia, fiddlesticks, zoe, leblanc, aatrox, malphite, jayce, sona, vayne, fizz, ekko, kai'sa, kennen, rengar, sylas, tryndamere... like the list just keeps on going and going. Riot doesn't fix the horrible-to-play-against champions or what makes them inherently obnoxious to play against, they just add more shit that goes up in ban priority and they hope that people forget about the past mistakes. I think the only hero in Hots that I found annoying was medivh and that's only against very good ones that are uncatchable and incredibly disruptive
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-23T00:58:17.667+0000) > > I've actually been enjoying heroes of the storm over these past few weeks > healers and tanks actually get to be relevant and survivable there (unlike league where the only way that someone like ornn is allowed to be viable is if he outtrades everyone he touches in sheer damage, instead of y'know, being an actual tanky lad), there's no damage meta of only 20 viable champions like it is in league where I get frustrated because I have to lane against akali as a hardmelee champion > > the characters are all based off of other blizzard games some of which I never knew about (like zul'jin or Alarak) but I found them intriguing and cool enough to look deeper into them and their backstory, and then I learn they have tons of past history in their own games (and some also have really neat cinematics/trailers from their own games too). > > there's an ARAM mode where all heroes are unlocked and playable so I don't get matched against shitty aram only accounts, but you also aren't completely screwed out of it if you don't know how to play, because you get to pick from 3 different heroes every match. I actually ended up finding out that I really like playing gul'dan and muradin from this mode (neither of which were in free week rotation at the time). Also the general polish that blizzard does is very new player friendly so even when I ended up getting stuck playing a hero of whom I have no idea what their abilities are such as that time I ended up picking Malthael, it's easy and quick enough to play that I still end up contributing well enough to get the most damage on my team and feel like I learned something (and feel genuinely comfortable picking that hero again) > > the game still get's updates, so far this year there's been 3 new heroes, 1 of which is actually just an original design that isn't even based off of a previous blizzard game > > the main casual game mode also let's you pick your hero before you queue and then does it's matchmaking based on your pick, so you always get to play who you want > > also sometimes you open a lootbox from leveling up the mastery level of a hero and you just get a whole nother hero to play. Abathur was the first hero I ever got out of it and he's really wild since he can literally clone an allied hero and then you get to play as them for 20 seconds (you can't use their ultimate however for balance reasons) which is just insanely cool and crazy character design. I also got witch doctor and sonya out of chests too before hitting player level 50 too. Oh and you can also get like, a bunch of legendary and epic skins and mounts and announcers out of the chests. no shards, you still get gold post match, the actual economy feels extremely generous. The daily gold quest system is also much more enjoyable over league's event pass system that they've been doing where you get very easy and simply things to do instead of grinding perpetually for tokens from missions you had to pay for. > > there's no last hitting or item shops which is the only thing I truly miss coming from 2000ish hours of league, since that's always something you can train and improve at; but there's this quest system that some heroes have access to that let's you scale up your hero by performing specific actions (like hitting a hero with an ability or fulfilling a condition to that ability). Some of the quests are indefinite and can scale infinitely forever so you end up with games where the Butcher has like 700 base AD and everyone has to play around him ( for those who don't know, the butcher innately has a quest that let's him gain base AD from meat that drop off dead minions). Usually though it's just satisfying to hear that ding when I make the ability not just knockback the enemy, but stun them because I outpositioned them and pinned them to a wall. > > Also I have yet to run into a hero I truly dislike playing against or find overly frustrating regardless of how well I do against them. League I can list of too many to count, malzahar, heimer, akali, pyke, darius, riven, brand, caitlyn, irelia, fiddlesticks, zoe, leblanc, aatrox, malphite, jayce, sona, vayne, fizz, ekko, kai'sa, kennen, rengar, sylas, tryndamere... like the list just keeps on going and going. Riot doesn't fix the horrible-to-play-against champions or what makes them inherently obnoxious to play against, they just add more shit that goes up in ban priority and they hope that people forget about the past mistakes. I think the only hero in Hots that I found annoying was medivh and that's only against very good ones that are uncatchable and incredibly disruptive Lol HOTS is so much worse in every conceivable way. Not only are you at the mercy of the absolute clowns that have no awareness on any aspect of the game and that they tunnel vision so hard they are actually worse than bots, but the game also holds you back by said players by giving you equal team level to their incompetence.
: i would be a dota player if i didnt need my phone number
> [{quoted}](name=MaskedMorals,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-23T00:11:07.577+0000) > > i would be a dota player if i didnt need my phone number That's a terrible reason to write off a game. Something tells me you like to be toxic and waste other people's time if you dont want to provide such a simple account verification step.
: League is Trash. But it's the best Trash we have.
I'm sorry bit Dota 2 is a far superior MOBA in every sense of the genre. Especially as time goes on. Dont be a fanboy, it's true and you know it.
mack9112 (NA)
: Maybe just maybe the game is actually good
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INimzeAa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-22T22:57:52.137+0000) > > Maybe just maybe the game is actually good Ha. No
Exibir mais

NoobDefault

Nível 7 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão