: Can we please have a dynamic meta again?
I really hope this thread will get a lot of attention, because it speaks the truth. There is no playstyle diversity ever since damage has gotten this high, in my opinion. Skirmishing and going for kills/ganks 24/7 has become the predominant way to play this formerly pretty strategic game. Splitpushers kind of lost their identity, because literally everyone can destroy towers relatively fast nowadays. They had to give Fiora an incredibly stupid amount of extra split power in order for her to regain this identity and I don't even think it worked. From my point of view, seasons 3-5 had a lot more to offer in terms of choosing your way to play League.
: What the fuck is a Brand??
Agreed, Brand is pretty stupid. At least make his passive not do %HP damage so he doesn't kill EVERYone by smashing his head on his keyboard. This can't even get prevented, as he at least gets his point-and-click R out 99% of the time before dying. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
Sukishoo (NA)
: True Damage skins T-Shirt leaked.
: WHICH ARE ALL LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. They are just League of Legends on a different module. I think you're mistaking Summoner's Rift for League of Legends. Summoner's Rift is a MODULE.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AR9s1lA,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-17T00:47:32.409+0000) > > WHICH ARE ALL LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. They are just League of Legends on a different module. > > I think you're mistaking Summoner's Rift for League of Legends. Summoner's Rift is a MODULE. No, a fucking Beat 'em Up game is not League of Legends just because their characters are in it. If that's your argument, what about their shooter that has nothing to do with the League universe whatsoever?
: Except..... all those games are League of Legends..... URF TFT Twisted Treeline Ascension etc etc Corporation (Tencent)> Subsidiary (Riot)> Game (League of Legends)> Module(all the submodules that use League properties) They do not have a game that doesn't involve League of Legends.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AR9s1lA,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:58:16.725+0000) > > Except..... all those games are League of Legends..... > > URF > TFT > Twisted Treeline > Ascension > etc etc > > Corporation (Tencent)> Subsidiary (Riot)> Game (League of Legends)> Module(all the submodules that use League properties) > > They do not have a game that doesn't involve League of Legends. ??? I am talking about the six completely new games that are coming out soon. Legends of Runeterra, Wild Rift etc.
KnifeCat (OCE)
: As exciting as all of the new stuff is
I agree. My hopes for a slower-paced meta have been shattered yet again.
: Except...... Riot = League of Legends. They have no games outside that franchise....... So Riot 10 Years = League 10 years....
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AR9s1lA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-16T10:58:50.617+0000) > > Except...... Riot = League of Legends. They have no games outside that franchise....... So Riot 10 Years = League 10 years.... Their 10-year-announcement included SIX more games. You do realize that?
: Unpopular opinion but it needs to be heard
I am one of those season 3 players who's not gone yet and I feel you. I told myself pre-season 10 will be my last try to geniuenly enjoy the game I used to love so much, because these last two years have been pure and utter frustration. As far as I can tell, apart from new mountain drake buff (defence, wohoo!!) pre-season changes revolve around more flashy RNG, CDR and damage. I also think all these new projects might be a bit too much and my only hope would be for League to become so insignificant that it can turn back to the slower-paced, tactical game with actual skill expression it used to be. It is looking grim though and I might won't be here in a couple of months either.
Rαy (EUW)
: Riot's Balance Team on Blitzcrank 2
Got our first downvote guys, this thread is officially dead now. Everybody go home.
Senamz13 (NA)
: Haha I love it! Nice job bud!
> [{quoted}](name=Senamz13,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=pOnN50Be,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:17:30.900+0000) > > Haha I love it! Nice job bud! All you mate, but thanks! :D
Comentários de Rioters
: Imagine if this was Thresh's new Splash Art
Background is cool, face looks kinda weird IMO.
: Akali's current situation
You didn't "outplay" your opponents with old level 6 Akali, you just straight up facerolled them. Also, she might have been bullied in midlane pre-6, but her pre-6 in toplane was obnoxious as fuck due to her Q auto spam. She was a super cheesy toplaner. I liked playing the old Akali, but her design was far from good. While the new one takes a bit more skill, her kit is absolutely overloaded. Having four dashes + instant invisibility at will and perma empowered autos won't ever be healthy.
Håppy (NA)
: Return "The" to Item Names
I feel the same. These items kind of lost part of their magic.
: This game isnt too snowbally, we just need more health
Agreed. The lack of resistances can't handle the insane amount of damage the new runes provide.
: Burst damage makes it harder to appreciate pro skills
True. You actually can't tell the skill level of a player a lot of times by watching him fight, because his enemy just dies during the first spell rotation. Silver players are killing diamonds if they land one combo, because hey, they completed their first item! It's... weird.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: Am i crazy or is there this bug where in post game chat name are showing ally's name in red?
uNm Longy (EUNE)
: Help me get Riot's attention
: Anyone else bothered by Shisa repetitive rhythmic continuous humming ??
Hotarµ (NA)
: Pyke: Yes, he needs to be nerfed. A 560k mastery point main's perspective.
Pretty reasonable. Starting off with reverting his absurd ult buff and seeing how it goes would be a good approach, I agree on that.
Alüe (NA)
: Will leagues Meta ever return to a slower state?
I really hope so. I enjoyed this game so much seasons 3-7. Getting blown up immediately in three-second teamfights just isn't satisfying.
datfatguy (OCE)
: I miss the old masteries, but to be honest I wasn't a fan of the old Runes. Their prices were absolutely disgusting and it cost even more to create a new rune page, so for the whole time I only had 2 pages which were "AD" and "AP". Even if I was playing a tank, I would have to choose one of the rune pages because that was all I had.
> [{quoted}](name=datfatguy,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WUENAYH8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-30T10:13:48.905+0000) > > I miss the old masteries, but to be honest I wasn't a fan of the old Runes. Their prices were absolutely disgusting and it cost even more to create a new rune page, so for the whole time I only had 2 pages which were "AD" and "AP". Even if I was playing a tank, I would have to choose one of the rune pages because that was all I had. Bring them back and make them free. Problem solved.
: Old runes & masteries.
They were so much better. The new runes are the reason everyone gets blown up instantly for two years now and it's utterly frustrating. Reverting Runes Reforged would bring back a huge part of League's playerbase, but Riot would rather watch their game burn down than admitting big mistakes.
: Riot's mad scientist experiment at turning bot lane into a complete shitshow is now finally complete.
> [{quoted}](name=ixi Josh Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p8gqm5FU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-29T15:44:56.867+0000) > > Riot's mad scientist experiment at turning bot lane into a complete shitshow is now finally complete. LMAO. ^ This.
Mártir (EUW)
: League of Legends is not 'worth it', honestly.
Sad truth, my friend. Hope you will find the satisfaction that this game used to give me.
Doodlzzz (NA)
: Whats with the Orianna buff?
Same with Cait and Fiora. Riot doesn't care about us (when Worlds hit). Not sure about that last part.
: I'm going to make a counterargument here. Adcs have one cdr item from BF, and 0 from zeal. They have low cdr outside of ezreal. Tanks are in an odd situation. Their CDR is allocated awkwardly. Tanks that don't use a resource (zac/shen) you get dicked because almost all cdr tank items have mana. There are also a lot of non cdr tank items though. You may end up with not enough cdr in certain builds. Mages do indeed have a ton of cdr. Many side items provide cdr and their cores all have 20%. Champions that use rod/rylais/liandries feel like shit because the more brusiery mage core build has none. It can be hard to cap in cdr for some builds actually. Bruisers and juggernauts - Triforce or cleaver. Shojin champs hit max with 2 items. Others will get it through tank items or offensive items like DDance. Items like sterak/titanic slow capping quickly down though, you aren't gonna be at cap until later in the game in many situations. Assassins can hit pretty easily, as they pretty much all can just do dusk>ghost>cleaver. They have pretty binary build paths right now so them very easily capping is true. Now, WHY is capping more easily available than before? It makes the game easier to balance. While I do think cdr should be allocated differently than it is now, there's a reason they try to make capped cdr more frequent. The game already gradually becomes harder and harder to balance, trying to balance champions around super high stat but no cdr builds AND cap cdr builds only causes more issues than trying to balance around all viable builds coming close to or capping in cdr.
> [{quoted}](name=Shepherd o Souls,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lYhBEF3p,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-25T23:28:32.941+0000) > > I'm going to make a counterargument here. Adcs have one cdr item from BF, and 0 from zeal. They have low cdr outside of ezreal. > > > Tanks are in an odd situation. Their CDR is allocated awkwardly. Tanks that don't use a resource (zac/shen) you get dicked because almost all cdr tank items have mana. There are also a lot of non cdr tank items though. You may end up with not enough cdr in certain builds. > > > Mages do indeed have a ton of cdr. Many side items provide cdr and their cores all have 20%. Champions that use rod/rylais/liandries feel like shit because the more brusiery mage core build has none. It can be hard to cap in cdr for some builds actually. > > > Bruisers and juggernauts - Triforce or cleaver. Shojin champs hit max with 2 items. Others will get it through tank items or offensive items like DDance. Items like sterak/titanic slow capping quickly down though, you aren't gonna be at cap until later in the game in many situations. > > > Assassins can hit pretty easily, as they pretty much all can just do dusk>ghost>cleaver. They have pretty binary build paths right now so them very easily capping is true. > > > Now, WHY is capping more easily available than before? It makes the game easier to balance. While I do think cdr should be allocated differently than it is now, there's a reason they try to make capped cdr more frequent. The game already gradually becomes harder and harder to balance, trying to balance champions around super high stat but no cdr builds AND cap cdr builds only causes more issues than trying to balance around all viable builds coming close to or capping in cdr. So basically every champion that is able to oneshot someone can easily hit 45%. Bless this meta.
EdgeLady (NA)
: I'd rather have... "I'll take a corn chip...AND EAT IT!"
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A9p2UfEs,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-25T17:29:56.410+0000) > > I'd rather have... > > "I'll take a corn chip...AND EAT IT!" https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThunderousHideousIchidna-small.gif
Comentários de Rioters
: League just isn't fun.
I agree. The sheer amount of upfront burst damage makes this game boring yet stressful. How is this combination even possible?
: Will League EVER return to slower gameplay?
I would shed tears of joy man, not gonna lie.
: New Collection Screen is a massive downgrade
Ahris (NA)
: Most champs shouldnt feel fun to play against. If they are, then there is a problem with the champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cLst2Fhd,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-09-23T14:03:33.127+0000) > > Most champs shouldnt feel fun to play against. If they are, then there is a problem with the champ. Wat.
: You know what? League just isn’t fun anymore.
Giving this game one last chance with pre-season 10, just because I absolutely loved five of the seven years I played it. If this braindead nuke fiesta continues however, I'm out for good. I am just not satisfied anymore. Every game is boring yet stressful at the same time.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Yeah if you think zoe is anything like that nidalee, you didn't play mid much back then.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cLst2Fhd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-22T23:16:54.599+0000) > > Yeah if you think zoe is anything like that nidalee, you didn't play mid much back then. I was a midlane main in seasons 3-4 and Zoe is even worse than old Nidalee, because she pins you down across walls before nuking you in one rotation.
: League is Trash. But it's the best Trash we have.
The sad thing is, it could easily be just as good as it used to be. At the moment though, I'm out when a decent competitor hits the market. I actually wait for this to happen, so I can leave this braindead oneshot fiesta.
: What do you consider to be the biggest issue with playing this game?
Too much damage in runes, not enough resistances in runes.
: How often have you been pissed b/c a champ was too tanky?
TOO TANKY IN S9 https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/564/945/0cd.png
: There are some problems with the game that I don't want to ignore
The insane amount of damage destroys the feeling I had when I fell in love with this game. The calm and tactical aspect of League completely vanished and got replaced by an ADHD oneshot fiesta. I am glad people are trying to raise their voices before pre-season.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: The current state of League ( Damage , game pace )
I'm at the point of calling it quits after seven years of playing (5 of absolutely loving) this game, if pre-season 10 does not address these issues.
: Kinda wanted to give the guy something to complain about. I mean, he thinks Jax is good into Renekton. Riven will be back at destroying Jax after nerfs revert
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=00010002000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-22T00:22:55.080+0000) > > Kinda wanted to give the guy something to complain about. > > I mean, he thinks Jax is good into Renekton. > > Riven will be back at destroying Jax after nerfs revert Renekton falls off a fucking cliff and is nothing but fodder to Jax later on while he's not able to kill a good Jax in lane, but w/e.
: {{champion:266}} (before getting gutted this patch){{champion:84}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:68}} win lane into Jax unless they fuck up or he gets jungle assistance. {{champion:92}} {{champion:23}} kinda are skill match ups, both can win and lose and depends on who fucks up the most. {{champion:157}} this guy is not good top lane. Irelia is one of the few easy match ups for Jax, that's why TFBlade complains about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=000100020000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T23:36:32.930+0000) > > {{champion:266}} (before getting gutted this patch){{champion:84}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:68}} win lane into Jax unless they fuck up or he gets jungle assistance. > > {{champion:92}} {{champion:23}} kinda are skill match ups, both can win and lose and depends on who fucks up the most. > > {{champion:157}} this guy is not good top lane. > > Irelia is one of the few easy match ups for Jax, that's why TFBlade complains about it. While I disagree that the champs you mentioned automatically win lane vs him, why shouldn't bad matchups be justified for a champion that scales super hard into lategame like Jax? He wins far too many lanes for being the lategame monster he is. TF Blade complains about Jax, because he can't lose games on him and dives his opponent 24/7.
: I don’t main top, I play it sometimes and I have never had a problem laning into Jax. Maybe it’s just me but there are so many champions in this meta doing good into Jax. Also, TFB is really good, not gonna lie on this but he is legit asking for jungle babysit every single game. People complain about Jax when I think there are champions more problematic than he is. Jax is strong but has a lot of bad match ups or skill match ups. I can’t think of many good match ups for Jax in the current meta.
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=0001000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T20:57:41.805+0000) > > Also, TFB is really good, not gonna lie on this but he is legit asking for jungle babysit every single game. I mean, he still rarely gets any (meaningful) ganks, because toplane gets ignored in this meta and he usually starts asking for them as soon as the pressure he draws himself results in him having to 1v4 their top, jungle, mid and support, because people know he's TF Blade. > [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=0001000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T20:57:41.805+0000) > > I can’t think of many good match ups for Jax in the current meta. Autohit reliant champs like Irelia, Trynd, Renekton and Yasuo are pretty good matchups. Some tanks like Ornn also have a hard time dealing with his Conqueror sustain in all-in trades. He destroys Sylas as well due to that reason. The only champions able to smash him in lane in my opinion are champions that win lane vs ANY melee toplaner (Kennen, Quinn, Vayne). Maybe Illaoi, because holy shit Illaoi.
: If you watch his stream I think you know he literally complains about every champion he fights top or in general. He legit lives to complain about champions or his junglers
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=00010002000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-21T19:22:19.391+0000) > > If you watch his stream I think you know he literally complains about every champion he fights top or in general. He legit lives to complain about champions or his junglers I do know that. Doesn't mean his complaints aren't justified. He might nag a lot, but his game sense is pretty insane. There is a lot to complain about in the game right now to be fair.
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: could I get a link on that?
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im 12,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-09-21T19:12:25.679+0000) > > could I get a link on that? He does it all the time while abusing him or getting smashed on Irelia. Watch his stream once in a while and you'll come across him complaining. I don't have a clip of it.
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: why is it never the good players complaining about jax
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im 12,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7amR3hgW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-21T18:47:24.652+0000) > > why is it never the good players complaining about jax TF Blade, arguably the best solo queue player in the world, complains about Jax.
: THIS is what a team fight should look like....
I miss those days so much. This used to be such a good game.
: I should be in love with league right now. After something like 5 seasons, I finally broke into Plat. I even brought my old Silver practice account into Plat as well this season. Expectations are high for western teams at Worlds. And two support champs (my main role) were just released. Given all of these factors, I should be really excited to play this game, but that just isnt the case. Riot has managed to take a game I was in love with, and warped it into an experience that is somehow boring and infuriating at the exact same time. I've literally never played a game in my life where I've experienced both of those feelings at the same time. The levels of damage have destroyed the strategic nuance that this game once held. Its not a matter of, "Can I dodge enough of Zed's attacks to survive?" Its a matter of "Can I stay out of Zed's range, so he doesnt 1 shot me" Like theres literally a fraction of decision making around an opponents cooldowns, or even needing to actually understand what their abilities do, because the only metric that counts anymore, is whether or not you were in range for the one-shot Theres a different type of designer and balance team at Riot than there was before. Its plain as day when August says Rengar one shotting is good for the game. Or when Blaustoise says that CertainlyT "knocked it out of the park" with Yasuo and Akali. The edgelord bro culture is running things on LoLs design and balance fronts, and its been that way for at least a year now. The writing is on the wall. Damage and snowball games are here to stay. Hope the rest of you have fun with it, cuz after stickin with this game for over 5 years, im finally fuckin done.
> [{quoted}](name=ixi Josh Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LXeIfo2o,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:58:22.739+0000) > > Riot has managed to take a game I was in love with, and warped it into an experience that is somehow boring and infuriating at the exact same time. This is absolutely true for me as well. It's boring, yet stressful - a really irritating combination.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: The current state of League ( Damage , game pace )
I just played a game of Kalista, because I used to love playing her back in seasons 5-7. She's a laning monster, so I had my fun smashing botlane. However, as soon as "teamfights" started (these 3 second oneshot fiestas we are having nowadays), I was quickly brought back to reality, when a 2/2/0 Kassadin flashed on me and dealt 1.600 damage in "0.00s". Yeah, his ult was stacked, it's still unreasonable though. Game was so much fun before season 8. It's sad. There are neither skill expression or calm, calculated fights anymore; just button mashing scenarios over and over again.
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeqJceGZlhw this video sums up league nicely. wouldn't you agree?
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENh4h2pZ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-19T08:04:53.131+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeqJceGZlhw this video sums up league nicely. wouldn't you agree? LMAO!
Exibir mais

Rαy

Nível 285 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão