GilxeN (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rBnxdUYn,comment-id=000900020000,timestamp=2019-11-22T09:39:33.688+0000) > > The only thing that should go is the elder drake buff. I'm happy with everything else in this preseason : > > They : > - Tonned down damages giving half the drakes defensive stats instead of offensive > - Nerfed the fire drake > - Gave more resistance to plates when multiple players gather to kill an early turret > - Nerfed a bit the overganking junglers > - Nerfed the bot XP and gave toplane xp a boost so toplane is revelant again and best adc does not always win > - Nerfed damages from frosthang > > People wanted a more macro oriented and strategic game so they gave more importances to rift herald and drakes and you are not happy ? Nothing they can do will make you happy, you built up a false idea of how good the game was in the first season you played and you forgot everything that was absolutely BAD. > > I play since season 4 and i'm still having fun, the day I stop having fun I just quit and maybe come back one year later to see it it changed in a way that fits my will. I do not throw a tantrum on the boards. > > And YES preseason is meant for trying out stuff. Mountain drake scales only for late game, but what's the point of the late game when Dragon soul will execute at low hp threshold? Infernal drake nerf influence early game is not significantly huge, in overall I don't see damage reduction all I see they added more damage creep to work with. If u didn't open your eyes yet, it's time to do it.
> Mountain drake scales only for late game, but what's the point of the late game when Dragon soul will execute at low hp threshold? > > Infernal drake nerf influence early game is not significantly huge, in overall I don't see damage reduction all I see they added more damage creep to work with. > > If u didn't open your eyes yet, it's time to do it. I specifically pointed out all the changes that reduced damages and slowed the pace of the game, you smartly countered by saying "they added more damage creep", while i'm quite impressed by such a mindblowing swarm of factual arguments, I can't help thinking "Is he trolling or just ..." ? 8% bonus armor/rm is HUGE, the fact you can't have 3 fire drake killed at 15 minuts is HUGE The fact mountain drake does not help to take towers anymore is huge. The elder drake only spawns when a team has killed 4 drakes, if you are 4 drakes behind and it's 26 minuts, you deserve to simply lose.
koshkyra (NA)
: He didnt say feeding, he said “not fed.” 2/1 and 0/6 are not the same thing. And an 0/6 yi can probably still do that.
> [{quoted}](name=koshkyra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r0TyPH0s,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2019-11-21T21:45:21.351+0000) > > He didnt say feeding, he said “not fed.” 2/1 and 0/6 are not the same thing. > > And an 0/6 yi can probably still do that. Your kda does not influence the damage you deal.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBJjMh7a,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-21T13:17:18.352+0000) > > This is not true in video games, see how sc1, sc2, war3, Dota 1 died ? they did not constantly reinvent themselves and while I agree they are still played, they have only retained a tiny fraction of their player base. These are some pretty terrible references so you really have no point whatsoever. RTSs (Sc, wc, etc.) didn't die out because the games never changed, they went into decline because they're mind-bogglingly difficult to learn and master, & their game lengths are obviously extremely long as well, making them a major turnoff for casual players to get into. And Dota1 never really died out so much as turned into Dota2, which has maintained a pretty healthy playerbase for years with no real crazy changes.
> [{quoted}](name=CapnMorganFr3man,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBJjMh7a,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-11-21T20:29:51.203+0000) > > These are some pretty terrible references so you really have no point whatsoever. RTSs (Sc, wc, etc.) didn't die out because the games never changed, they went into decline because they're mind-bogglingly difficult to learn and master, & their game lengths are obviously extremely long as well, making them a major turnoff for casual players to get into. And Dota1 never really died out so much as turned into Dota2, which has maintained a pretty healthy playerbase for years with no real crazy changes. I've played litterally thousands of hours on these games. A typical starcraft 2 game last between 5 and 15 minuts, how is that "Too long" ? A typical warcraft 3 game last between 20 and 30 minuts. That's still less than the average LoL game. LoL is hard to master as well, the learning process is just funnier in LoL because the game is designed to be played with friends/teammates, while the rts are designed for true 1v1.
Rewt (NA)
: i just miss having some kind of diversity in the jungle. Nowadays every champion is effectively the same. Clear the low value jungle, spam ganks till jungle is back up. Repeat. In the past there were options to do farm junglers, Gank Junglers, Mixed Junglers. Every playstyle was viable.
> [{quoted}](name=Rewt,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EmrKHi0Y,comment-id=000200000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-11-22T00:25:28.810+0000) > > i just miss having some kind of diversity in the jungle. Nowadays every champion is effectively the same. Clear the low value jungle, spam ganks till jungle is back up. Repeat. > > In the past there were options to do farm junglers, Gank Junglers, Mixed Junglers. Every playstyle was viable. now that the camps give less xp and respawn faster we might see the farmers junglers rise again.
Akumu (NA)
: Uhh no? You're wrong. Preseason is not the time for trying stuff out. Their internal preseason development time is the time when they try things out. How many times have changes in preseason been completely reverted before the season goes live???? ** ZERO** Preseason changes always go live with minor changes. This preseason doesnt need minor changes, it needs to be removed. Seems the 'stupid' person that 'cant grasp' things is you.
> [{quoted}](name=Akumu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rBnxdUYn,comment-id=00090002,timestamp=2019-11-21T22:42:47.560+0000) > > Uhh no? You're wrong. > > Preseason is not the time for trying stuff out. Their internal preseason development time is the time when they try things out. > > How many times have changes in preseason been completely reverted before the season goes live???? ** ZERO** > Preseason changes always go live with minor changes. This preseason doesnt need minor changes, it needs to be removed. > > > Seems the 'stupid' person that 'cant grasp' things is you. The only thing that should go is the elder drake buff. I'm happy with everything else in this preseason : They : - Tonned down damages giving half the drakes defensive stats instead of offensive - Nerfed the fire drake - Gave more resistance to plates when multiple players gather to kill an early turret - Nerfed a bit the overganking junglers - Nerfed the bot XP and gave toplane xp a boost so toplane is revelant again and best adc does not always win - Nerfed damages from frosthang People wanted a more macro oriented and strategic game so they gave more importances to rift herald and drakes and you are not happy ? Nothing they can do will make you happy, you built up a false idea of how good the game was in the first season you played and you forgot everything that was absolutely BAD. I play since season 4 and i'm still having fun, the day I stop having fun I just quit and maybe come back one year later to see it it changed in a way that fits my will. I do not throw a tantrum on the boards. And YES preseason is meant for trying out stuff.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rBnxdUYn,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-11-21T17:55:31.967+0000) > > Pre-season means they are trying out stuff, so I know most of the player base is totaly stupid and can't grasp this but, yeah they know it and are fine with it, that's pretty much the same thing every year and yet they are still earning tons of money. So, not only they know it, but they are used to it. > > So stop whinning and take 5 seconds to think before posting next time. It's not even just the Pre-Season, it's the entire future of Season 10 and whatever comes in the other Seasons afterwards. But yes i'm sure giving a 5 Champion Team an undodgeble execute (unless you use Zhonias/Stopwatch) is fair. I'm sure it gives Champions who rely on drain tanking playable (Warwick being an example). There's already Grievous Wounds everywhere and not only now that they can't sustain properly, now they will be executed by a dragon for being low enough.. When their entire niche is supposed to be about their health coming to a near end and then surprising with Sustain like in Warwick's case, except now Elder will just zap your ass. The fact that people have been bitching about the state of game pace, overall damage, lack of counterplay to everything, and the game not having any strategy anymore since season 8 should say a lot. Yet what they do over the course of 2 seasons is just shove more of that shit in people's throats.
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rBnxdUYn,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-11-21T18:01:48.926+0000) > > It's not even just the Pre-Season, it's the entire future of Season 10 and whatever comes in the other Seasons afterwards. > > But yes i'm sure giving a 5 Champion Team an undodgeble execute (unless you use Zhonias/Stopwatch) is fair. I'm sure it gives Champions who rely on drain tanking playable (Warwick being an example). There's already Grievous Wounds everywhere and not only now that they can't sustain properly, now they will be executed by a dragon for being low enough.. When their entire niche is supposed to be about their health coming to a near end and then surprising with Sustain like in Warwick's case, except now Elder will just zap your ass. > > The fact that people have been bitching about the state of game pace, overall damage, lack of counterplay to everything, and the game not having any strategy anymore since season 8 should say a lot. > > Yet what they do over the course of 2 seasons is just shove more of that shit in people's throats. I do not like the elder drake either, but you have to admit we will probably only see it in one game out of 20 and that this game would have been won by the team getting the elder drake anyway. > The fact that people have been bitching about the state of game pace, overall damage, lack of counterplay to everything, and the game not having any strategy anymore since season 8 should say a lot. And before that people were bitching about the state of game pace because the game was too slow, lanning phase was boring and too long, the games were too long. So It doesn't matter what they do, they'd need to maintain at least 30 different versions of the game if they wanted everyone to be happy. That's not feasible, so keep bitching while they do what they wanna do. > It's not even just the Pre-Season, it's the entire future of Season 10 and whatever comes in the other Seasons afterwards. My point is you can't complain that the first patch of preseason is brokne, because the whole purpose of the preseason is to see what is and isnt broken.
: How long will Riot pretend that everything is okay lol?
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rBnxdUYn,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-21T09:08:33.076+0000) > > Ever since the Pre-Season started everyone and I mean EVERYONE that I spoke to hates it. > > Even most LoL streamers on Twitch just can't take it anymore. You can tell how miserable they feel playing this shit. > > I wonder how much longer will Riot remain ignorant like this, I know they don't care but at this rate even the addicts will quit this game. Pre-season means they are trying out stuff, so I know most of the player base is totaly stupid and can't grasp this but, yeah they know it and are fine with it, that's pretty much the same thing every year and yet they are still earning tons of money. So, not only they know it, but they are used to it. So stop whinning and take 5 seconds to think before posting next time.
: Why does Riot feel the need to partially reinvent the game each season?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBJjMh7a,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-21T07:03:13.261+0000) > > There's a solid list of major changes that Riot made to change the game (Not in chronological order) > > - Elemental Drakes > - Plants > - Jungle Camps > - Turrets > - Runes/Masteries > > It's getting exhausting. > > I understand "keeping the game fresh", but true sports don't see that many changes once the game is established. League is 10 years old. It's getting to the point where major changes shouldn't be expected. This round of Dragon changes are pretty extensive and even change the entire map. > > At a certain point, Riot, you're just making the game more impossible to balance for that sole purpose. It's less about being fresh and more about change for the sake of change. Change is necessary, but not all change is good. This is not true in video games, see how sc1, sc2, war3, Dota 1 died ? they did not constantly reinvent themselves and while I agree they are still played, they have only retained a tiny fraction of their player base. League of legend was able to retain most of its player base for so long BECAUSE they are constantly changing the game, so maybe you do not like this, but it seems that it's what the silent majority like.
Rewt (NA)
: I mean not really. Games weren't decided at 10 like they are now. they could go either way.
> [{quoted}](name=Rewt,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EmrKHi0Y,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T10:00:51.859+0000) > > I mean not really. Games weren't decided at 10 like they are now. they could go either way. I remember some games in which my opponent froze for 20 minuts and I litteraly could not touch a minion, so, no i'm not so nostalgic.
jtkitten (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JplIAATK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-19T23:08:31.581+0000) > > As with TT, I imagine winning a few games should get your mmr high enough to not have to deal with bots anymore? > It's a crapshoot for new accounts unfortunately, but post 30 you shouldn't have too much problem with them > > Unfortunately I don't think there's much riot can do to prevent botting outside of selling accounts themselves like what blizzard did with goldsellers. Which even then, botters will just do it for cheaper. I have never found a bot in ranked. they were only in blind pick. I have played over 200 ranked games of twisted treeline this year alone and I have never found a bot at all.
> [{quoted}](name=jtkitten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JplIAATK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-19T23:12:41.942+0000) > > I have never found a bot in ranked. they were only in blind pick. I have played over 200 ranked games of twisted treeline this year alone and I have never found a bot at all. Which is normal because the whole purpose of bots is to climb the account so it can queue to ranked, once the account is eligable for ranked games there's no point botting it anymore.
PB4UAME (NA)
: Did you even read the fucking notes? They even say how the timers are calculated, and even went ahead to show us ***in multiple places btw*** that it can spawn as early as 26 minutes. Not fucking forty. No idea where the fuck you got that, but its nearly twice as late into the game as elder spawns.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q0tAdxjV,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:50:22.335+0000) > > Did you even read the fucking notes? They even say how the timers are calculated, and even went ahead to show us ***in multiple places btw*** that it can spawn as early as 26 minutes. Not fucking forty. No idea where the fuck you got that, but its nearly twice as late into the game as elder spawns. If the ennemy team took took 5 drakes in a row as soon as they spawned they deserve to just win. And they have probably already won. So, no, not a big deal. Arnt we going to talk about 4 ocean drakes that give 20% of missing HP regen every 5 seconds, even on combat ? This one sounds crazy to me.
Rèzki (NA)
: Why am i getting unranked/bronze players in my gold promos?
> [{quoted}](name=Rèzki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2tZaTY50,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-19T02:19:12.070+0000) > > Literally got 2 unranked players within 3 games. I don't understand how this is okay? How the hell am i supposed to get to gold if I'm literally getting garbage as teammates? I know this is just kind of a rant, but this definitely isn't okay. I had two games where this happened, but thankfully, my duo managed to dodge the last one. As you can see in the picture, the Kai'sa isn't even ranked, like what? (I'm sorry if this is the wrong board, first time doing this, and I just thought i had to post about this) You can be okay with it or not, but it's a deliberate choice from the game designers to put unranked at the exact middle of the ladder, which happens to be around silver 1/Gold 4. Because this is the place on which weither they are the worst player of the ladder or the best, they will have the less number of win/loss to do to reach their rightful place.
: That is the problem that you fail to grasp. If you are good enough for Plat you shouldn't have been bouncing up and down like that. The matchmaking is straight awful and no one can convince me otherwise. I'm arguing for both sides, both the people who get stomped and those who do the stomping. It's not supposed to be as one-sided as it is, and it happens within 10 min. And no, you are an exception. You can do EVERYTHING right, and go on massive winning streaks, and then the game decides, "No you can't get Plat, you need to have 50% win percentage, then sends you rolling back a whole division from your promos to Plat. If you focus on yourself, you lose. You cannot get teammates to survive that long on their own without your help. Or they rage at you if you don't help them. It's lose lose. And it's like this EVERY time I get Gold I or promos. Just massive losing streaks that start with feeding bot lane in the first 10 min. It's like clockwork and is the only consistent thing in this game.
> no one can convince me otherwise. LoL
: > [{quoted}](name=GankLord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q0tAdxjV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-19T05:47:29.478+0000) > > The majority of the stuff in S9 is carrying over into S10 so idk what you're so happy about. They aren't addressing damage, they aren't addressing the power of turrets so people can play around them if you're behind, they aren't addressing minions fking you over, they aren't addressing the lack of vision. It's just more of the same with bells and whistles on the rift the core of what S9 is not changing. Let's not even get into the new high damage, low risk and high reward champions they're pumping out. Wait for season 10, even more damage and instant executions at low hp threshold, once u claim dragon soul. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=Diopsideˆ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q0tAdxjV,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-19T08:49:47.722+0000) > > Wait for season 10, even more damage and instant executions at low hp threshold, once u claim dragon soul. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} So you mean at 40 minuts ? less than 5% of the games last more than 40 minuts, so it's one game out of 20. GAMEBREAKER woo.
: Goodbye Season 9 and Good Riddance
In a few days season 9 will not be the worst season ever. Until season 11 ofc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ATHaoUEu,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-19T10:39:55.402+0000) > > Because the game is not about having good kda or vision score, the game is about killing 5 towers an inhibitor and a nexus. > > Also, you sometimes have some good games, but you have a good share of bad games as well : https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Turtles+Are+Okay > > If you have a gold lead, try to focus more on objectives, towers, drakes, that's how you win the game ;). Stop. It's just cringe. This is why people never climb, because you have no idea what you're talking about. Unlucky me for having my MMR absolutely destroyed on that account. Better luck next season, can probably get to high diamond if they decide to un-fuck it.
> [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ATHaoUEu,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-19T11:23:13.023+0000) > > Stop. It's just cringe. This is why people never climb, because you have no idea what you're talking about. > > Unlucky me for having my MMR absolutely destroyed on that account. Better luck next season, can probably get to high diamond if they decide to un-fuck it. sorry to be all desillusional and to break your bubble, but I've heard this kind of speech hundreds of times, about elo hell, ruined mmr, or the matchmaking being rigged, and i've heard those from many friends as well. So I proposed them an experiment, they would share their logs with me (yeah I know, it's bad, I stopped), and I would show them I could climb their account and that the problem was the way they played. So far they have all been proved wrong. I climbed their account easily. And as soon as I gave it back to them, they dropped back to their real elo. So, if whinning on the boards makes you feel better, feel free to do it, but do not ask us to buy your BS. PS : > This is why people never climb My friends who listened to my advices and whom I coached actually climbed. They stopped chassing like mad dogs, they started playing safe, playing for objectives and they actually improved at playing LoL, which mean they improved at killing nexuses, since that's the winning condition. Cya.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ATHaoUEu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-18T12:00:47.117+0000) > > You are master on your main and you can't get passed Gold 1 in 600 games and you have below 50% winrate ? > > I'm just d4 and I ususally crush my way to plat 1-2 with a 80% winrate when I play on my smurfs ... > > So i'm calling BS on these claims. :) Stick to topic. My account's MMR has been like this for 200+ games even when I have crazy KDA / vision score / etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ATHaoUEu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-18T22:39:35.423+0000) > > :) > > Stick to topic. My account's MMR has been like this for 200+ games even when I have crazy KDA / vision score / etc. Because the game is not about having good kda or vision score, the game is about killing 5 towers an inhibitor and a nexus. Also, you sometimes have some good games, but you have a good share of bad games as well : https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Turtles+Are+Okay If you have a gold lead, try to focus more on objectives, towers, drakes, that's how you win the game ;).
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T12:06:03.280+0000) > > So, the counterplay is clear : get grievious wounds. That's not really counterplay, that's just fighting his stats with more stats. His ult was massively buffed to do as much healing with GW applied as it used to do without, meaning that he's balanced around being affected by GW all the time, and GW is required if you want a chance at killing him.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T12:32:38.896+0000) > > That's not really counterplay, that's just fighting his stats with more stats. His ult was massively buffed to do as much healing with GW applied as it used to do without, meaning that he's balanced around being affected by GW all the time, and GW is required if you want a chance at killing him. GW costs close to nothing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wordse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-18T00:36:08.873+0000) > > Whats wrong with a sustain champ? Nothing per se, but Mundo sustains by simply existing, first with his passive and then also by popping ult. And if you don't have GW he is basically unkillable.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T03:35:40.702+0000) > > Nothing per se, but Mundo sustains by simply existing, first with his passive and then also by popping ult. And if you don't have GW he is basically unkillable. So, the counterplay is clear : get grievious wounds.
klin537 (NA)
: Yasuo into mundo top
{{item:3123}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3072}} Mundo will win the early, but in late yasuo just cannot lose if he buys lifesteal.
: When does Riot decide to up my MMR? It's been 4 divisions with +16/win and -20/loss.
You are master on your main and you can't get passed Gold 1 in 600 games and you have below 50% winrate ? I'm just d4 and I ususally crush my way to plat 1-2 with a 80% winrate when I play on my smurfs ... So i'm calling BS on these claims.
: honestly the only ppl who can effectively miss malphite ult are iron players who cannot figure out how to zoom the camera out haha
> [{quoted}](name=Spôôked,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXzULJAR,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-11-18T00:31:43.774+0000) > > honestly the only ppl who can effectively miss malphite ult are iron players who cannot figure out how to zoom the camera out haha People manage to flash it or zonia it quite easily.
: Stop complaining about your experience with the client, I can't even open it in the first place
: Buff tenacity
> [{quoted}](name=Akashic Torment,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z86aFIER,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-14T05:32:33.123+0000) > > Could we? The only way the stat is any bit useful is buying Merc Treads and Sterak's while taking the Tenacity rune. And that adds up to around 81% tenacity but in return that just makes it so that you can take one more cc than normal before you die. The overall damage in the game is so ridiculously high that a single cc is enough time to kill that target. Add in champs with multiple cc, which is close to everyone, and tenacity is just outright garbage. Please buff it so there isn't games that revolve around one team not being able to fucking play or add diminishing returns on cc in general. Even in pro play this is apparently. Too many times has a player WITH merc treads just outright lose to a champ that kept them locked down. You do not buy tenacity on assassins or adc anyway, you buy it on bruiser and juggernauts which have no problem surviving longer in fights.
: YouTube is planning on banning everyone who uses Adblock software
> To be perfectly honest, I think I would rather quit the internet than subject myself to a torrent of ads, and I guarantee a large majority of users will feel the same. I litteraly can't think of anybody who would quit the internet on this.
: Can someone tell me why Kai'Sa is still the best adc in the game over a year later?
The fact someone has 700 games on her and a not so good winrate makes me think that she's all but overpowered actually. I'm puzzled by the reasonning behind this.
Bârd (NA)
: A big part of damage creep isn't just the raw numbers, it's the items people buy early on.
: Seems like the only way to climb is to play jungle.
: you could win a game with nami top lux jungle, braum mid, and rumble yi botlane. just because you CAN win with something doesnt mean the game should be balanced around it. Also, when are you ever seeing 5 ads outside of low elo?
> Also, when are you ever seeing 5 ads outside of low elo? while I do agree d4 is low elo, I'm seeing regularly 5 AD teams. And they win.
: Aight, tell that to a mid main that hates playing jungle, I bet you that he'll wholeheartedly accept the mage jungler strat and his team will be more than happy to embrace the idea!
You can play malphite, ekho, diana, sylas, most combat mage can go jungle. But i'll agree Jungle if the most 'odd' lane if you do not know it.
: If you get to play one out of 4 roles I doubt there's gonna be any shortages at all This change would be aimed _mostly_ at medium-high, high elo as they usually have one lane that they wanna avoid at all costs (I've been there when I was dia5, I used to be an awful adc and I literally begged for support when I got autofilled as an adc)
> [{quoted}](name=CurlyBastard,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hQpZAwo8,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T18:38:30.288+0000) > > If you get to play one out of 4 roles I doubt there's gonna be any shortages at all > > This change would be aimed _mostly_ at medium-high, high elo as they usually have one lane that they wanna avoid at all costs (I've been there when I was dia5, I used to be an awful adc and I literally begged for support when I got autofilled as an adc) This shows a lack of adaptability, you can play a lot of mages and even some fighters in botlane. I just pick a mage any time i'm filled ADC.
: I doubt this is a problem anymore. Support has gotten more and more popular; Years ago you never had to call support in randoms, that was just by default the last thing picked, but now that isn't true. Besides, that wasn't a good excuse for them to abandon the idea anyway. If there was a role that was necessary to the meta that people didn't find particularly rewarding to play then Rito should have focused on making it fun to play, not forcing people into it.
> [{quoted}](name=AnubisDeathtouch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hQpZAwo8,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-11-07T19:08:02.045+0000) > > I doubt this is a problem anymore. Support has gotten more and more popular; Years ago you never had to call support in randoms, that was just by default the last thing picked, but now that isn't true. > Besides, that wasn't a good excuse for them to abandon the idea anyway. If there was a role that was necessary to the meta that people didn't find particularly rewarding to play then Rito should have focused on making it fun to play, not forcing people into it. but toplane is now unpopular so you'd have the same problem.
: The solution is simple: let us veto any lane **except** support
> [{quoted}](name=CurlyBastard,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hQpZAwo8,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-11-07T16:59:04.189+0000) > > The solution is simple: let us veto any lane **except** support I think that on different servers and time of the day and elo the shortage in one role can vary.
: His passive gives tank stats
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeRework,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ix1rnlss,comment-id=0016000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T13:53:08.697+0000) > > His passive gives tank stats Oh right, my bad.
: Autofill is something completely different, and honestly I don't think that many people despise support, when I fill support is probably picked for me ~25% of the time, jungle is more hated at least in Gold.
> [{quoted}](name=kn1ghtmre,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hQpZAwo8,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T05:00:02.157+0000) > > Autofill is something completely different, and honestly I don't think that many people despise support, when I fill support is probably picked for me ~25% of the time, jungle is more hated at least in Gold. They tried it and everyone was vetoing support. So, think again :)
: Anyone think the option to "fill but exclude" would be great?
According to this : https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/06/ask-riot-autofilled/ They tried it and it did not work. > We’ve been experimenting with a number of alternative position select systems. **We tried out position veto (which ultimately ended up sucking because basically everyone chose to veto support, lowering matchmaking quality overall).** We also tried labels showing which positions would have the fastest queue times, which initially closed the gap, but players went back to their preferred styles after a couple of weeks. Autofill was introduced as a last resort way of ensuring people didn’t sit in queues for ridiculously long stretches.
Toddwick (NA)
: The reason we all play league; and a major incoming change to our game
You forgot to add "Unpopular Opinion" to get more upvotes.
: except a lot of assassins have had their insta burst taken away/set back for more counter play, so healing and shields are indeed the counter to some, if not all assassins too. rather than giving it grievous wounds since executioners calling already has that, they should really make a shield killing item. grievous wounds but on shields.
> [{quoted}](name=Doopliss7,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kxu6la0,comment-id=0000000200010001,timestamp=2019-11-06T23:47:33.438+0000) > > except a lot of assassins have had their insta burst taken away/set back for more counter play, so healing and shields are indeed the counter to some, if not all assassins too. > > rather than giving it grievous wounds since executioners calling already has that, they should really make a shield killing item. grievous wounds but on shields. No because the AD grievious wounds item is meant for sustained damage and tank killing.
: Somone with built in tankiness that builds full damage {{champion:62}}
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeRework,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ix1rnlss,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2019-11-06T21:25:24.598+0000) > > Somone with built in tankiness that builds full damage {{champion:62}} ??? Wukong is tanky ? How ?
: Blaming the jungler.
> I muted after about 5 minutes of listening to his bs. Mute after the first message, you'll feel better.
Moody P (NA)
: ap malphite is a low elo phenomena and sucks ass in higher ranks
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WIliOENa,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-06T17:20:25.645+0000) > > ap malphite is a low elo phenomena and sucks ass in higher ranks And is getting nerfed.
: Never mind the fact that the primary counter to assassins is healing..... (outside of a Zhonya's off cooldown) P.S. Lethality isn't dropping. It's actually increasing. Go to the PBE and buy more than one Lethality item. They have a SET BONUS now (Tools of Draktharr) that enhances their CDR/Lethality based on how many Lethality items your champ owns.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kxu6la0,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-11-06T15:09:05.373+0000) > > Never mind the fact that the primary counter to assassins is healing..... (outside of a Zhonya's off cooldown) > > P.S. Lethality isn't dropping. It's actually increasing. Go to the PBE and buy more than one Lethality item. They have a SET BONUS now (Tools of Draktharr) that enhances their CDR/Lethality based on how many Lethality items your champ owns. No, the counter of assassins is not healing. Healing is the counter of damages over time and poking. A burst of damage doesnt let any time to heal. Thus assassins are designed to counter healing
: Do you want ppl to never ever again play an AD bruiser? AP items are already broken as hell, if there was an AP black cleaver then you'd literally have 4~5 mage/ap champs per team, mr already doesnt exist as a stat (only 30 base vs like 70+ armor + trash items) and you want that shit LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Anime Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zE2a8GUp,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-06T03:01:39.554+0000) > > Do you want ppl to never ever again play an AD bruiser? > > AP items are already broken as hell, if there was an AP black cleaver then you'd literally have 4~5 mage/ap champs per team, mr already doesnt exist as a stat (only 30 base vs like 70+ armor + trash items) and you want that shit LOL. That would be okay, because you can win a game as 5 ads, you can't win a game as 5 ap, how is it fair ? :)
Cloud273 (NA)
: Buffing tanks directly is the best way to fix them
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ix1rnlss,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-05T22:16:21.327+0000) > > So, a lot of people are saying that tank items are weak right now, and while I don't disagree with this I don't think think buffing their items is the best solution. The problem with buffing tank items is that they get abused by bruisers (Jax, Udyr, Darius, etc) when they're strong (hell, we've even seen assassins build tank items when they're strong), and the real tanks in the game are still weak. Buffing their base armor/mr/health or scaling armor/mr/health is a better solution to this problem. Tanks will have the stats they need so they don't die in 2 seconds. I think this would be a terrible idea. Do you know what happens when you give a champion built-in resistances ? He starts playing full damages. Because he doesnt need to itemize tanky anymore, he's tanky from leveling alone. If you want to force a tank into a tank role, you give him : - Low damages ratios so they do not want to buy damages - Medium base damages (if you give them high base damages they'll buy full penetration and deal true damages) - lots of DOT (you see amumus E or W ? It's a perfect example of spells nicely designed for tanks, they do not have a high ratio, you can cast E more if you get attacked and you want to survive as long as possible to deal the maximum of damages with these spells) - Scaling from buying defensive stats (HP MAX Scaling, Armor Scaling, MR Scaling (see galio/malphite) You want tank to be good AND tanks to want to buy MR/Armor and HPs, your solution would just make tanks good and lead them to playfull AP/AD.
: His ult killed me every single time before I could press a button due to the knock up. The kill time was less than a second. The malphite was 1/3 or 1/4 early. He didn't do well early game at all, but he managed to get shut downs using his idiotic ult and came back into the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XUEFeAMQ,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-05T22:31:11.372+0000) > > His ult killed me every single time before I could press a button due to the knock up. The kill time was less than a second. > > The malphite was 1/3 or 1/4 early. He didn't do well early game at all, but he managed to get shut downs using his idiotic ult and came back into the game. So since you answered only 2 of my 9 points I think you finaly saw the light and agreed with me ?
: I built abyssal mask on veigar and still died in literally one hit. I couldn't even play the game because since I was so huge the malph just held ult for me. I'm a medium range mage. I can't function being a mile behind everyone and anything less than that puts me in range of malph ult. I built seraphs as well. He instantly killed me through the Mana shield too. The fact I had 300 cs and around 15 kills literally didn't matter. I was removed from the game by a champion who's ult is basically flashing and one shotting you.
> [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XUEFeAMQ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-05T15:52:29.478+0000) > > I built abyssal mask on veigar and still died in literally one hit. I couldn't even play the game because since I was so huge the malph just held ult for me. > > I'm a medium range mage. I can't function being a mile behind everyone and anything less than that puts me in range of malph ult. > > I built seraphs as well. He instantly killed me through the Mana shield too. > > The fact I had 300 cs and around 15 kills literally didn't matter. I was removed from the game by a champion who's ult is basically flashing and one shotting you. Well I'm otp veigar on this account, and I've played a good share of malphite ap games on another one so I know the champions. - The malphite was not 1/4, he was 15/5, - they had little to no lifesteal so morello was a waste, - you should either have had : banshee or zonia, - you can dodge malphite ult everytime it's up with a zonia. Also if you see malphite will ult you, put your cage between you and him, it doesnt stop the ult to go through but he is stunned upon arrival then you can kill him. And his ult alone is not enough to kill you. To be honnest it's all about positionning. Also having 1 kill, 15 kills or 10 000 000 kills doesnt make you more resistant, so I do not see how it is revelant that you had 15 kills and 275 CS ? Also malphite is not a better mage than the other mages, he's a better diver than the other mages (not even an assassin, because an assassin has a way out when he assassinates a target). If you want to compare AP malphite to a class of champion, you can compare it to a Vi, or to a Nocturne. When you nuke someone as veigar, you are not in the middle of their team. When you nuke someone as malphite AP, you are dead in the next 1.5second if the other team is half reactive.
5050BS (NA)
: Promo games are always like this. Riot does not just match you vs enemies that are of the rank you are going to, they also put complete trash on your team. Its their way of blocking old accounts from promoting. They hard lock accounts and give you yo-yo games so you keep trying for the carrot. Smurf accounts can jump right over silver and silver is the worst rank because Riot puts new accounts in upper silver completely ruining the MMR system. You get Smurfs and you get Iron players. Riot does not let old accounts improve. You are locked unless you boost.
No they are not. They do not block old accounts. The fact old accounts are stuck is because as they are old accounts the system managed to assess their mmr accurately. When I go play on one of my old accounts I CRUSH my way out of the lower leagues. There's no hidden mecanic in place.
Kai Guy (NA)
: > Its their way of blocking old accounts from promoting. They hard lock accounts and give you yo-yo games so you keep trying for the carrot. Really? Odd. I haven't noticed... ever. https://imgur.com/a/489AYlE
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gof3MTRl,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T22:27:20.681+0000) > > Really? Odd. I haven't noticed... ever. https://imgur.com/a/489AYlE How dare you show them they are the only reason they do not climb. They all deserve at least diamond. OK ? Do not come back spreading facts please.
: Can we tone down damage and make league require skill again?
> I'm starting to get really fucking bored being one shot by things like a 1/4 malphite because he built one item and you gave his ult 100% ap scaling. You do not know what you are talking about, he's got a 100% ap ratio since season 1 ... > Oh, Morgana is a 50% ban because she stops you from being one shot by nonsense like this. But the champions that just one tap you aren't an issue? Morgana is banned because some champions only counter is CC (ie : Yi), and she can just remove this weakness with a targeted spell. > JuSt FlaSh The Ult ThaT has < 1 min CoolDown 3head! Just buy a bit of MR and you'll win, AP malphite is so easy to counter it's almost free win if you have half a functionning brain.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aEkywsE1,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T18:11:03.221+0000) > > Sure, but there's a whole world between > - having an hypothesis : "Does a faster paced game bring more health problem to its players ?" > - looking for existing studies > - gathering data > - analysing the data > - doing some experiments > - consulting professionnals > - drawing conclusions > > and ... saying "VERY IMPORTANT OPINION, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME" > > "And so i noticed that older players were worse than youngs and have hands problems ! [Proceed to ignore the fact reflexes and mecanics are better when you are young and that health is also more likely to be better when younger] so the game has to slow down". > > That's ridiculous, it's like asking to design slower tennis ball and smaller tennis courts because we do not see any 60 years old players winning turnament in tennis. > > You see how I have a deep respect for the first approach and the OP's post just makes me facepalm ? I don't think that Federer Or Nadal ended up playing at 25. Or that tennis had speed-ed up games. So yeah I can suggest that season 1-6 clicking tempo was better for this game. For what you have pro stars if they ended up career in aprox. 5 years ? I don't want to change my favorite player every year. In tennis you can cheer Federer for years.
> I don't think that Federer Or Nadal ended up playing at 25. Or that tennis had speed-ed up games. So yeah I can suggest that season 1-6 clicking tempo was better for this game. For what you have pro stars if they ended up career in aprox. 5 years ? I don't want to change my favorite player every year. In tennis you can cheer Federer for years. Compare the number of hours lol players can train every day to what tennis players can do. You can't physically play 14 hours of tennis a day for a long period of time, you'll burn your body in a few months. If I remember correctly, tennis players trains around 4 hours a day. A professionnal LoL player can train up to 14-16hours a day without any immediate health issue, which make it very hard to stay at the top.
Exibir mais

Starcraft243ver

Nível 113 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão