Raeyxx (NA)
: Now Automatically Given Smite When Jungling
Unfortunately, it does not switch it back when you are a NON-jungler. Almost forget that, after a couple of remakes/dodges, it would not take my primary role (jungle) but ninja-put me as support (fill secondary role) and I still had smite...
: I feel like we don’t talk about both minion block and random minion AI as much as we should
As a Bard main, I am sometimes near smashing the poor mouse in my hand. While Bard (Bard) is surely into music, he is not a ballet dancer, is he? But he walks back and forth, spins around, several pirouettes, and meanwhile the ranged enemy can auto attack me, probably laughing while I literally get killed by my own fucking minions. In a point and click game, the AI should really be better than this crap. It's disgusting. The same with Teemo mushrooms. Why do the minions that walk down the straight line on midlane suddenly take that small turn to run into them? This bullshit should not happen, minions should be neutrally behaving, not manipulated.
corylulu (NA)
: 3 years later, Clubs still can't be renamed, deleted, checked, linked, searched, are limited to 3...
Wasn't there a thread before talking that RIOT is fast in reacting and implementing stuff?
: Yeah, back when the community was around 100k players and predominantly in NA. Also false equivalency. There were characters just as broken (perhaps more so) in the early days. Problem is we were all terrible and obviously broken things like DFG or Veigar's instant stun cage kept slipping through the cracks.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=25uKBF7n,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-10-27T17:53:46.978+0000) > > Yeah, back when the community was around 100k players and predominantly in NA. > > Also false equivalency. There were characters just as broken (perhaps more so) in the early days. Problem is we were all terrible and obviously broken things like DFG or Veigar's instant stun cage kept slipping through the cracks. The game was much more fun back then, so I don't think so. The reason why LoL grew so fast was because it was good fun. I came in mid-2010 (I think I told that already before) so I know some of the "old days", and it was better than this crap. Because you had ONE busted Xin Zhao or Olaf. But that's it. Now you have spagetthi balance. (as reference to spaghetti code).
: > [{quoted}](name=anhaton,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=25uKBF7n,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-10-27T03:26:00.143+0000) > > Man League sure does have a silent community, or at least that's what you Riot supporters would have people believe... > > Isn't it just fascinating how popular the "vocal minority" argument is whenever Riot is criticized... IDK man, it's pretty convincing when you'll only find complaints on here, people probably just don't say anything if they're satified tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=SmallCheeseCake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=25uKBF7n,comment-id=000800000002,timestamp=2018-10-27T03:43:01.749+0000) > > IDK man, it's pretty convincing when you'll only find complaints on here, people probably just don't say anything if they're satified tbh. People just have no standards anymore. Millienial kids that don't know how it was when games came out with passion. I just brought up the examples before: LoLReplay, for example. A replay tool in an eSports game. Done by a random guy in his sparetime. Fucking RIOT took several years. Practice tool - people liked to have some freeform game mode. We got it after 5 years. People asked for more stuff (e.g. inviting friends) - the tool is unchanged since 2 years? The IFS is utter busted (too weak). Nobody bothers complaing anymore, that does not mean they are that happy. Threads are gone so fast that are criticizing, also they created "Gameplay+", so they can filter all those unwanted criticism out and want to sugar coat it so much that it loses all the content. Like water softener. In our German criminal statistics, the reports of crime went down. But not because the crime stopped - people on villages have respond times for several hours, sometimes the cops have so low priority for e.g. a stolen bike, that they do not even respond. And thus, people do not report those crimes. That does not mean the villagers are happy nor is there no crime anymore. It's actually a pathetic job of RIOT. In all departments. We better don't talk about PAX/Twitter here, too.
: >Meanwhile at Riot land: it can take up to months sometimes to get the most basic changes that a ton of people have been asking for. ~~NA~~ Western audience for Fortnite vs. Global Audience for League. Epic really only has to worry about the Western playerbase because everywhere else doesn't matter. League, comparatively, is a massive and global game. Reddit/Boards complaining about a problem even in unison is not even the largest fraction of the playerbase. it also means that because of vastly different demographics, you have to balance the game in different ways. Also y'know, for-fun event vs. dedicated competitive balance. Riot was 2-ish days fast when URF came out. EDIT: Slight correction. Had to include EU for Fortnite.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=25uKBF7n,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-27T02:59:25.322+0000) > > ~~NA~~ Western audience for Fortnite vs. Global Audience for League. > > Epic really only has to worry about the Western playerbase because everywhere else doesn't matter. League, comparatively, is a massive and global game. Reddit/Boards complaining about a problem even in unison is not even the largest fraction of the playerbase. it also means that because of vastly different demographics, you have to balance the game in different ways. > > Also y'know, for-fun event vs. dedicated competitive balance. Riot was 2-ish days fast when URF came out. > > EDIT: Slight correction. Had to include EU for Fortnite. Don't talk shit, mate. We also talk about the slightest changes here, not about total reworks. For example, the replay Tool. I think it was me in 2011 fiddling with LOLREPLAY, something a non-RIOT guy did in his sparetime. RIOT, the huge-ass company, would take FOREVER (several years!!!) to bring their own replay tool. Which is shit. The other thing for example is that people want forever to add stuff to the Practice Tool. Unchanged since 2 years? Maybe something else? I remember they said they had a "team" working for "several weeks" on this ugly-ass status bar. Something a appstore programmer does alone within 3 days. Sorry, but if you count in FULLTIME EMPLOYEES, several of them, over several months, that's literally thousands of labour hours. And they get shit done, then the comparison, as faulty as it might be, is still sending the right message: RIOT is slow and incompetent. Borderlands 2 would not be released today if RIOT's 100+ employees would do it. RIOT is already overwehlemed with these low-polygone models with barely any facial expressions, let alone real models. Why is the game so poorly made? Why does the loading takes forever despite people being 100%? Why does the network code sucks so bad? Why is my GTX1080 getting stutters since the last patch? RIOT sucks monkey dicks in that department. The reason why there are still (!) big is the substance. ANd people like me, being here since mid-2010..
: Day one hotfixes for champ reworks/releases are a common issue and tend to result in a champion being busted and needing nerfs soon after.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=25uKBF7n,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-27T02:16:58.563+0000) > > Day one hotfixes for champ reworks/releases are a common issue and tend to result in a champion being busted and needing nerfs soon after. They have a beta environment. Apart from technical hotfixes (which should not happen because, you know, beta environment) there is the numbers problem (damage, cds, etc.), that could be fixed on... the beta environment. What I am going to say is: Your argument is lame. If they have to hotfix something immediately they were doing a poor job in the first place. That the outcome is even more busted makes it incompetent².
Guzergus (EUW)
: > From the bit ive seen from worlds, and from what i have seen from facing diamonds in normals and from some of those random videos, they will only start to fight if their jungler is near. Read up about Dunning-Kruger effect. You're talking nonsense. >There are some that are ACTUALLY good, but the rest cant figure out how to win their lane by themselves to save their life Statistics do not work like that. If they legitimately got to that mmr, they have skills to do it. Simple as that. >If they dont win lane they start raging and then start trolling "to make the game end faster". It's a generalisation which is based on a subjective experience from normals. Therefore, it's invalid. >What matters is what happened in the game at that time. Ive even had some diamonds argueing against something i said because i "am silver" when i was, and then another diamond even came by and said "you do know that silver is correct right?" You seem to not understand the concept of statistics and long run. Being diamond doesn't mean they're right. It just means statistically they make the decisions which allow them to be better than a certain %. It doesn't mean those decisions are always correct and two players might and will often disagree. > If you dont know what you are talking about you dont know what you are talking about. Except for u can't determine whether one knows or not w/o looking at their rank. The exceptions are some objective things like ability scaling, item cost, etc. >Until i can see the in game gameplay of them showing actual skill and not just stat checking people after someone won their lane for them, they are not good. They were carried. They played decently enough to help win the game, but they were carried. You're biased and understand nothing in how mmr works.
> [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zbAWbNhw,comment-id=0000000100020000,timestamp=2018-10-21T01:24:02.219+0000) > > Read up about Dunning-Kruger effect. You're talking nonsense. Have you in fact read deep into the Dunning-Kruger effect? Not the superficial Wikipedia stuff? DKE does not even remotely mean what you are talking about. Just because someone brought it up (I remember it surfacing in the boards in like 2011 by Matricus or something) and it gets repeated several times, it does barely apply here.
: I got banned fairly.
I don't give a damn. I create new accounts because the matchmaking is garbage no matter if the account is new or not. I rather flame the heck out of this trash excuse of a "game" than not talking shit to dumbass fucks. GL.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X4s2p4pl,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-16T05:13:33.645+0000) > > imperial system is more useful for some things, especially in a non-scientific context > > feet and inches are a much more intuitive height measurement than a number that goes up to 200 > cups and teaspoons are far far FAR more useful for every day cooking than having to weigh grams and measure mililitres > farenheit temperature is also far more intuitive a scale for weather > > the moment you have to actually do math on the units however, it falls apart like a NA team Logged in to comment on this. So, lets start with feet and inches. The reason why this is LESS intuitive than a measurement via meter/centimeter (which btw, goes to more than 200) is very simple: DIFFERENT PEOPLE GOT DIFFERENT LEGS AND DIFFERENT FEET SIZE FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GOD. While a meter will always be a meter, and we measure it with tools that show size. Also: MEASURE HEIGHT BY FEET IS INTUITIVE? What the fuck, you don't only violate the metric system, you also violate the laws a physics and you are able to walk vertically in murica land? next, cups and teaspoons. Again DIFFERENT SIZES FOR CUPS AND TEASPOONS. Not all teaspoons have the same size, just like not all cups have the same size. Its like your girlfriend telling you: "I'm A cup", would that be the same with "I'm a D cup" ?? (and even that has additional numbers associated with it). Again, very non intuitive, since different sizes (same reason as the feet thing). And because the size doesn't match across the board, replicating the same results will differ...... While, 100grams of sugar will ALWAYS be 100g of sugar. Making copying much more easy. and ofc, temperature for weather and water. Water freezes below 0, boils at 100, and the normal human temperature is around 36-37 celsisus. Very easy, mostly round numbers, easy to memorize. With farenheit, my god. Water starts freezing below 32 degrees, the boiling point is at 212. And the normal human temperature is like 96-97. WHICH PART OF IT IS INTUITIVE? The scale is now usually defined by two fixed points: the temperature at which water freezes into ice is defined as 32 °F, and the boiling point of water is defined to be 212 °F, a 180 °F separation, as defined at sea level and standard atmospheric pressure. Again, which part of this is intuitive??? vs 0, 100, 36-37 Why do you case that sea water might freeze by 0 farenheit?? Most of the human population don't lean near the ocean or the sea..... its outside the intuitive realm by a longshot. I would understand sailors sticking on to this, but normal people? no way
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X4s2p4pl,comment-id=00060003,timestamp=2018-10-16T18:51:40.303+0000) > With farenheit, my god. Water starts freezing below 32 degrees, the boiling point is at 212. And the normal human temperature is like 96-97. WHICH PART OF IT IS INTUITIVE? > > The scale is now usually defined by two fixed points: the temperature at which water freezes into ice is defined as 32 °F, and the boiling point of water is defined to be 212 °F, a 180 °F separation, as defined at sea level and standard atmospheric pressure. > Again, which part of this is intuitive??? I have to admit, even though you are aiming on the "Intuitive" point, Farenheit is the proper one AFAIK (and I am sure you know that, you sound educated in that matter). So 30 to 60°C does not mean it's as twice was warm. While Farenheit would mean it's twice as warm. I'd rather stick to that then a "bend" scale that fakes me into something.
Kythers (NA)
: imperial system is more useful for some things, especially in a non-scientific context feet and inches are a much more intuitive height measurement than a number that goes up to 200 cups and teaspoons are far far FAR more useful for every day cooking than having to weigh grams and measure mililitres farenheit temperature is also far more intuitive a scale for weather the moment you have to actually do math on the units however, it falls apart like a NA team
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X4s2p4pl,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-16T05:13:33.645+0000) > > imperial system is more useful for some things, especially in a non-scientific context > > feet and inches are a much more intuitive height measurement than a number that goes up to 200 > cups and teaspoons are far far FAR more useful for every day cooking than having to weigh grams and measure mililitres > farenheit temperature is also far more intuitive a scale for weather > > the moment you have to actually do math on the units however, it falls apart like a NA team No. I was buying vintage gloves from Etsy and the seller was measuring "3 1/4 inch" on the knuckles. I have 9cm of knuckle widght. Go figure what kind of BS that was.. As said, the response was 3/14". With every glove. Turned out, 2 of them do not fit because of that. If I measured them with an actually useful system, it was 8.7cm, 8.6cm etc. The same with cm. I am 1.74m, or 174cm. In the Imperial System that is like X feet, Y inch + Z. The "Z" are the very important details that are missing (or do we really want to split up even the inches now). Also, why would I want to have several measurements going on. 3 x 7 y. What is that bullshit? Or ounzes. Dry ounzes or not? 3/5 ounzes. Jesus Christ. When I am buying gold as savings and have to re-calculate ounzes I wonder "Why not 20g for 550€?".
Rouxful (NA)
: I mean the counter play is for the respective laners to do very well against them, play smart, and respect them when they have kill pressure on you. It is all about map pressure and how your team plays it. This game is no longer a solo carry game from any lane on the map type of scenario
The problem is when you have to "play smart" etc. when the enemy is so overbuffed and damage creepe'd, that they don't have to "play smart" in exchange and just mash buttons. The problem, me being an Ashe main, I am literally drowning in a flood of hyper-mobile characters and I, despite enjoying Ashe so much, feel often like neglected gameplay-wise..
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Seriously this game is ridiculous
I just died yesterday by a Zed that happens to miss something and then I died from the electrocute in the end. It was so fast that I just sat there petrified until like 5 seconds later I took a nap from my drink. I apparently do not even question this nonsense anymore..
Lapis (OCE)
: it's depressing trying to be nice in this game
I started as Bard Main. Bought my favourite Skin. After 108 games I tilted so much that I've got suspended. In between are like 4 months of bullshit, a mix of bad matchmaking or flaming even when winning. Collecting chimes is a bad thing, meep kills make me the worst thing ever, if I ulti it's bad, if not, too. You know it. RIOT does jack shit about their game until you say 3 badwords.
: why not make mastery mean something first? as it stands you can go 98 games 0-10-0, 2 games 10-0-0 and get mastery rank 7 so it doesn't mean anything
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=EXd7wREq,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-10-12T08:09:31.847+0000) > > why not make mastery mean something first? as it stands you can go 98 games 0-10-0, 2 games 10-0-0 and get mastery rank 7 so it doesn't mean anything If you lose 98% of the games, your rank lowers. With your logic, no Bronze, Silver etc. should get any Mastery. If you are good in Bronze, why not being a M7 Bronze Support? That is the whole point of tiers. To be good in your place. Wher do you want to start people to get Mastery access? Challenger, Diamond? That is equally to saying: "Oh, your football college team won! But no need to be happy, as long you are not NFL, you are trash. No celebration. Now all cry in your pillow please". I am a Silver I / Gold V bard main. And I am M7. Why not? I am a good Bard in my MMR region and thus deserve it.
: Mastery 8, I even designed it for you!
That would require work and passion for their game. RIOT does not have this anymore.
: You're definitely right in that it was a mistake made by Riot! We're working on getting a fix out since this is actually a bug :(
> [{quoted}](name=Riot MapleNectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v82HELEA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-10T22:55:50.103+0000) > > You're definitely right in that it was a mistake made by Riot! We're working on getting a fix out since this is actually a bug :( Oh, and testing such obvious feature is too much to ask for, eh? QA is a joke. "Oh, we just pump in something in the editors, built the files, ship it out to millions of clients...but testing it first locally???"
: > [{quoted}](name=Deathhawk888,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vVvidocg,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-11T01:22:51.351+0000) > > Kinda dumb that League is almost 10 years old and the only content creator tools are ones that crash or bug out due to compatibility errors(as well as replays from the past patch vanishing), but then a newer game like Fortnite has a fully functioning video tool built into the game. > > But who am I to judge, Riots just a small indie company. To be fair, Fortnite was built on an engine that is really easy to work with for those kinds of tools whereas League isn't. League was built on stuff from like 10 years ago whereas Fortnite was built on more recent and better stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vVvidocg,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-11T03:08:25.244+0000) > > To be fair, Fortnite was built on an engine that is really easy to work with for those kinds of tools whereas League isn't. League was built on stuff from like 10 years ago whereas Fortnite was built on more recent and better stuff. That's BS. If you consider the expandability of DooM that was built in '93 (e.g. Demo recording, easily changeable WADs, modding, custom maps require only one command line etc.) RIOT is just an awkward company. They have the artists, but everything involving code and math is going to shit. But that has nothing to do with when or what engine the game is using.
RH Venom (NA)
: Uninstalling this game for the first time in 5 years (no joke) Peak rank: (Diamond 2 100 LP)
My cousin is a big fan of tower defense games. I also played many and when I heard about LoL the first time and playd it (early 2010), I was like: "Hey, this is a cool iteration of that concept". It was like this: First everyone arms up slowly by farming efficiency (back then, jungling was not a thing) and we tried to push the turret. The enemy champions/players are there to stop you and your minions. It was a literal tug war. Then we had a duel or more (ganks etc.) and we won, damaging the tower a bit. Rinse and repeat. I never felt like "Game Over" from dying over one gank or death. The real decision was made in like Minute 20 or 30, when it really showed who performed better on many levels, not only farming. And then the fights started. But everyone was, more or less, geared. It felt way more rubberbanded. Now it's "Summer Clearance Sale" - Rush with your initial homeguards to place A and get Level 2 ASAP to gank at 3 and mash buttons. Whoever wins that wins the game. This BS also screws over the already fucked-up "matchmaking", because skill rating have less and less to do with your contribution, but more of the worst enemy. Since this happens to the enemy as well, it's more of rolling dice instead of actual skill. I wish I could go back to play my beloved Bard. But the last 30 games were an absolute catastrophe and made me rage so hard. Game for game this 8-47 nonsense with 0/14/1 Fioras and shit. "matches" consisting of 32,5% winrate vs 78,5% - guess who won? LoL is a piece of shit that is being milked by Tencent and assholes that are just corporates than gamers. The artists of the game did a good job all over the last 8 years though. Wish them the best.
: (Rant)Matchmaking Demotion
I won 4 out of my last 30 games. I had the same issues like you, it's not normal how incredibly bad premades are. I could post screenshots, but LoL sucks monkey balls in that matter and this is not news.
: I uninstalled League...
This is not quite funny because I actually uninstalled and thank god, we do not have power outages in Germany due to being a First World Country (heheh *grunt*) But now, to be more serious, I had to uninstall because of my last 30 games, I could win 4. The matchmaking was so rigged that my workmate, a DOTA player, just shaked his head and agreed it was bull, so for sure not Dunning Kruger effect or shit like that. It was just not normal to have the 0/14/1 Fioras and Ahris as premade where the more expierenced premade left her alone and learned nothing so we all had to suffer. Damage is not funny with Zed that just mashes buttons like crazy and wins. I never play Rengar because it's not my thing but I picked him for the lulz in the last games --- I 2-shotted people from a bush with 2 items without they could've done anything about it (because warding the bush would be in my jump range). Making fun of this is like making fun of cancer. It works for black humour and a short laugh, but the underyling matter - that LoL has a bad reputation as a competitive game growing - should not be a laughing matter. My cousin, a diamon player, and I were talking over discord. While I was of course totally pissed, he laughed and said: "Yes, it's 100% true, but I love this bullshit gameplay". [sic] And I do not wish to play games where the outcome could've been figured out by rolling dice and "bullshit gameplay". Greetings, a guy that is here since July 2010.
: My friend *who is gay btw* had the name "homosexualshaco" his name was removed....
Not sure, but when I read it, it sounds like Shaco is supposed to be gay, not the player. That's like making a character looking like Obama and call it "Gay POTUS" or something, not sure if that is perceived well, in a video game or not - it's still a statement without further explanation.
: > [{quoted}](name=zAber33,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TRWEEQcm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-27T17:47:30.464+0000) > > Is not having these two icons going to ruin your experience with this game? Is not having them going to make it so you lose every game to people who do have them? no. Then Riot has no reason to make sure everyone can have it > > They are a bonus to people who are willing to spend more on the game (Not saying that i am - but it's completely in their right to do something like this for the people who will). If you aren't willing to, then to bad. But people will and that's who these people are aimed for. > > You can't afford a Mclaren, are they scummy for making their cars cost so much? No, they're designed for the people who have and are willing to spend the money on them as a signal of the amount they are willing to invest into them. Same principles apply here There's a difference between "extremely high end" and "massively overpriced". You're basically saying that it's okay for Riot to charge extreme amounts of money for stuff that's nowhere near worth that much. It's like charging the price of a high-end sports car for a mountain bike.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TRWEEQcm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06- > It's like charging the price of a high-end sports car for a mountain bike. Remember in the original Pokémon for the gameboy? The mountainbike was 9999999 Pokédollar - but man, weren't we lucky for that voucher?
: Unironically fuck you for doing something this scummy.
I told "you" (the boards) in the past, I tell you now and probably in the future, too: It's TENCENT. Everytime I say it it's "Tencent has nothing to say, it's only RIOT" and bullshit like that. No. That crap comes from the Chinese stockholers. A company that is known for turning everything into a cash shop madness. In whatever game, whatever franchise Tencent is involved, things are getting stirred up to make fast and cheap money that is supposed to reach the break even point the fastest way: - LoL is becoming faster and more out of control - Change of the IP system to the Essence system (I know the debates about "it's faster now" or something, I really hate these level up things because they FORCE you to level up instead of smaller milestones - e.g. waiting for a 1,350 IP champ by playing "2 more games" is not possible because now you need to play 25 more games for a level up that contains said IP you need/want. That bullshit sells EXP boosts pretty well as much as salty fries sell drinks in a burger joint) - Stickers and shit for several Euros / piece that should be for free (what's next? Paying for the sound effects, until then, SFX are disabled?) - Retarded Anime skins for the niche audience - Immersion? Nah. Money? Yep! - No new content. A new map? Never. That'd cost money. Fuck Tencent and RIOT, they are both terrible companies when it comes to these things. They have great artists, but that's it.
Velasan (NA)
: Because the game isn't about your KDA... it's about the enemy nexus. You aren't winning because you are 12/2, you win because you get 12 kills of resources as gold and then use it to destroy the enemy nexus. The goal isn't killing the enemy team, it just happens to be the best way to achieve the goal of destroying the enemy base. That's why split pushing has ever existed as a strategy. Literally the point is ignoring most of the enemy team to push hard into their base.
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hINwXXIu,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-17T22:24:58.759+0000) > > Because the game isn't about your KDA... it's about the enemy nexus. > > You aren't winning because you are 12/2, you win because you get 12 kills of resources as gold and then use it to destroy the enemy nexus. > > The goal isn't killing the enemy team, it just happens to be the best way to achieve the goal of destroying the enemy base. That's why split pushing has ever existed as a strategy. Literally the point is ignoring most of the enemy team to push hard into their base. So if the enemy gets these ressources (by feeding on purpose) and still lose because of a terrible matchmaking you know it's broken. I can collect a few screenshots of said games if you wish, takes me like 1 or 2 weeks to get you 5 sample games where your stuff up there sound nice in theory, but not actually working ingame.
: Been a problem since day one my dude. Is League appealing to the casual moba crowd with a game balanced around the 99%? Is it a serious pro-game balanced around the best players? Is it an ability spam-fest? A slow, methodical game with little action until everyone is prepared? Riot wants to have their cake and eat it too, which is why we have problems that persist to this day. Casuals or pros, RTS fans or ARTS fans, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WeQyYiEi,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-06-17T00:07:24.639+0000) > > Been a problem since day one my dude. > > Is League appealing to the casual moba crowd with a game balanced around the 99%? Is it a serious pro-game balanced around the best players? Is it an ability spam-fest? A slow, methodical game with little action until everyone is prepared? > > Riot wants to have their cake and eat it too, which is why we have problems that persist to this day. Casuals or pros, RTS fans or ARTS fans, etc. I am here since I think May 2010, not quite "day one", but back then, RIOT focussed totally NOT on eSports, but having a playerbase. The game was called "CLASH OF FATES" and that later dropped title was quite supported by the journal of justice and all the other nice story sidethings. We (Germans) got ZenonTheStoics eMail address to report people manually, the game consisted of cheap recolour skins and I had to buy the DVD version from the store to get RP (because it was just credit card payment, which is unpopular in Europe/Germany) - I used the code on the backside of the game's manual to buy Firefighter Tristana^^ Whatever.. The games often lasted 40 minutes and a 3vs3 map could take also the same amount of time. It felt really like RIOT was for the players. They often repeated to become the "most player-focussed game company in the world". But the Dreamhack success of 2011 (AFAIR) turned everything around. They tasted blood, and wanted more. The game really lost its focus to me in 2015. Suddenly, the matchmaking started to suck (and is still in this bad state -- compared to the really enjoyable games from 2010 it's obvious. How could the games go 40 minutes? Because of a working matchmaking) due to Flex queues and bullshit. RIOT turned into an ugly-ass monster that does not want a quality, but flashy game. It's like Apple or Youtube. RIOT should've never sold their soul and invite known incompetence as Ghostcrawler. That's like Steve Jobs would be CEO of Microsoft in 1999 or Netscape allows Microsoft workers to work for them during the browser war. The game now is not terrible, but a shaodw of its former self. The anime skins and all that immersion-breaking bullshit is grinding my cogs and apart from Bard and Ashe, I can not stand this game that is made for Asian spazzes* than the Western world. RIOT sold their soul, and did so even more when being a Tencent slave; a company that turns EVERYTHIGN into a cash-shop focussed grind game. Check their history and reputation... EDIT: Just in case. Look at things like "Stickers". And they are 350rp. RIOT needs to make money, eh? They are a business, huh? Yes, but those friggin little animations that take probably 1 day to create each... Nah. That's something that should be free. No new maps. Why? No map skins? Why? No new announcers. Why? PROFIT. PROFIT. PROFIT. The change of the IP is clearly to slow things down (and yes, it does). RIOT is huge and as long as they can invest 100,000s of US$ for eSports - something the regular PLAYER of the game does not care about, they are surely not in need to charge for "happy kitten" or "be mad" stickers. When I see Sailor Moon skins and hear their retarded SFX, see Arcade skins with fake 8-bit sounds and then "bee mad" stickers, I wonder if I play app store crap like CANDY CRUSH or a serious game from a billion dollar company. (*) I do not mean Asians are spazzes, but Asian gameplay is spastic to me. Button mashing all over. But you've gotta visit their internet cafes and gaming places, it really makes you crazy. Maybe you understand their gaming culture then. (Or just litsen to 90s Japanese Synthpop. It's like freestyle Jazz with electronic music in 180 bpm)
: You know why this community sucks now? 10 years of permabanned vengeful rage kids that terrorize every game. I would estimate there are 100,000+ permabanned people still playing this game, trolling on a whim. Permabanning doesn't work unless they enforce an i.p ban, like how does permabanning stop the community from getting toxic when they can still make new accounts, it's all about profits for this company. Not community reform.
> [{quoted}](name=Michael Castro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I4v0an2n,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2018-06-16T17:04:22.733+0000) > > You know why this community sucks now? > > 10 years of permabanned vengeful rage kids that terrorize every game. I would estimate there are 100,000+ permabanned people still playing this game, trolling on a whim. > > Permabanning doesn't work unless they enforce an i.p ban, like how does permabanning stop the community from getting toxic when they can still make new accounts, it's all about profits for this company. Not community reform. So you play on your family's PC and you're connected with the family's ISP - your one and only iPv6 address is getting blocked, the entire family - including you - is locked out because of someone else got permabanned. Or stay overnight and feed a lot, get permabanned, never can said household play again until the ISP has been changed.
: Nowhere in their contracts or any legal documentation does it state that it is their *job* to visit the Boards. Their *job* is to make money. How they go about it is up to them but they are by no means obligated to visit this forum.
Nowhere in my contract (retail) it says I have to serve the customers. Basically, I just have to stock shelves and order new goods. I wonder what people like you would say next time someone refuses service for said "contracts".
: If I was a rioter, I’d never communicate through Boards. Community sucks
Let's also face the other truth: As soon as someone with a red colour posts, it gets upvoted. In every game. In GW2, the devs can type the most generic shit but it's a staff member, so let the upvotes come.
Comentários de Rioters
Bazerka (NA)
: /mute all is a great command in League if chat tilts you :).
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mHWgd1gN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-12T16:42:43.117+0000) > > /mute all is a great command in League if chat tilts you :). /fullmute all actually
: Kinda difficult to be positive with all the snowball around.
Yep. "Oh, you just died a ridiculous invade nobody else attended and feed first blood. Thank you for snowballing the game out of control". U.S. American hypocrisy at it's best. Seeing you're from Europe just makes my actual comment in the thread even more true.
: It is up to us to make this community better for everybody.
Because everything you mention loses the game instantly due to snowballing. Basically you should say: "No big, you just lost us the game", but US americans are not used to blunt truth like we Europeans, so they rather sugar coat everything.
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: Overkill tryharding in Normals
Yi is right a bit. Why? The last like 5 of the scenarios you describe are me wondering why the premades never go on a lane, and never seem to teach each other. A guy in his Level 40s brings in his noob friend and then let that friend lose us the game. They are not on a lane, I do not see the noob friend - a jungler - ganking his friends lane to get some sort of advice of DOs and DON'Ts via voice chat, he has 0 vision score and after noting that, he still does not place wards the whole game. Nothing. Literally retarded noob beginner trolls. I am so very sick of that shit it's unbelievable. Being new and a total spazz are to different things. I can't remember in the past couple of weeks when a feeder "beginner" was any sort of "Humble", and asked and accepted advice. It's just trash and literally the "you lose" card, because the noobs premade friend can't nearly compensate for the friends suckage. I should really collect screenshots to confront people like OP with the vast majority of toxic beginners and then he might understand where Yi is coming from. It's just dead weight. And then? The low level guy is "Repport far toxicity" (being 0/11/2 like that Nocturne last week) and the friend is "STFU you toxic **** she is new". It was a guy playing with her girlfriend, both toxic as hell, and literally just spazzing out. Fuck these "new players" in my game when we are all Level 50+ and suddenly this retarded "matchmaking" gets me some feedertard and his friend in the game. That massively tilts you. EDIT: I played bot games for ages to avoid that. It's just courtesy imo. Also, where is Vel Koz' friend? To teach him about his outdated beginner/starter summoner skills? Or the wrong keystones/runes? The game even puts you a tooltip that you can (and have to) freely change them. What more can we or the game do when the noob player does not react to a huge ass speech bubble and a flashing button in the champ select? I feel like you were the newbies friend. It's always like that.
: Aha, Can you mute their CS stealing and inting. I think not. But i wish riot would make a button that would mute pings and chat and emotes all at once. Saves me the 12 button clicks at the start of the game
the command is /fullmute all There you go.
: Called Enemy ADC "Garbo" in TEAM chat. Post-game my own team told him to report me.
Since I have a hot temper and lost over 20 accounts over the past 8 years, I can surely tell you that RIOT finally found a nice balance between a heated call or permanent flaming. Yesterday, I received TWO (!) punishment messages, because two people told me to ... end my life. And I reported them succesfully :3 But else, had a buch o'feeders and suddenly it was all "report Bard". They basically all sucked ass big times but wanted to call it on me. I fought back a little but with no real badwords. Nothing happened. However, if you keep doing so, I think you will get into a manual audit. And then it's not just the swearword score anymore (the more you flame or the harsher the words, the faster the punishment). As far as I remember, I've recently read that calling out "SHIT" or "FUCK" once is not even considered as bannable. I think RIOT put in some one-time=nothing bumper in it. (In German, we have a saying "Einmal ist Keinmal", loosely translated: Once is none). So if you call someone garbo once, you are super duper fine. Garbo is probably not even in the chat filter to trigger anything in the first place.
: it feels a lot better to say "hey im diamond 2" to "hey im 2410 MMR"
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0Eh9X0dy,comment-id=000b0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:00:26.294+0000) > > it feels a lot better to say "hey im diamond 2" to "hey im 2410 MMR" Nope. When my workmate tells me about his rank and rating in DOTA2, it makes much more sense than this garbage.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Faker's thoughts on matchmaking / KR soloQ.
The entire game sucks balance-wise. I mean, my last games were utter garbage. I randomly got a 0/22/1 bottom lane that pushed to my 2nd inner turret within like 18 minutes. How is this a match? Where is the matchmaking? If it's 0/22, it's not a match, it's a stomp. The very opposite. I've dropped into 22% winrate in the last 20 games because of that garbage. For some reason I am always one of the best or the best and still lose. The analogy to this transcript is stunning, it's what I just said to my workmate today at 6:30 AM: LoL is not about having equal enemies and mates, it's just me being better than the enemy but having trash noob mates. I kill the enemy easily, but my noobs manage to get not even assists out of that somehow. So while I get high stats because the enemy is not good, I still lose because the "not so good" enemies are still better than my monkey trash mates. The matchmaking FAQ says: "Fair and competetive games", not the roll-a-dice thing of "who got the feeder monkey game ruiner?"
Jbels (NA)
: I feel like the biggest problem with kindred is a conflict of identity. Kindred are the embodiment of death. Okay, that's a cool concept, that's a FANTASTIC concept. How did Riot implement that concept? ADC with stacking mechanic. As much as Riot tries to sell the fantasy of "You are literally playing League's version of the Grim Reaper", I don't see it. When I hear death, I think of Karthus. When I hear Kindred, I think of gimmicky ADC. I think if they do a Kindred rework (which they are going to have to at this point), I hope they do 3 things: - Move away from the ADC kit, and more towards a roaming assassin type of champion (Let's be real, PYKE is a better embodiment of death than the Kindred are) - Make the Kindred feel like they belong in the jungle, and aren't just shoe-horned in by their own weird design. Make them FIT. - Make Wolf an actual part of the duo. All the lore ever talks about is "Lamb hunts, Wolf Chases what will not go willingly". I see none of Wolf's portion of them. Oh yeah no cool he replaces an auto on the third hit against somebody marked with your E. Oh neat he does an AOE thing that really isn't thematically consistent or cool feeling to use. Make Kindred an actual duo champion, NOT Lamb + Wolf I guess is there too
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEV98A6f,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-01T11:21:47.198+0000) >When I hear Kindred, I think of gimmicky ADC. When I hear Kindred, I think "cute". She really is. And fluffy. Both.
: The Current State of Bandle City & Yordle Lore
: This isn't so much a Story & Art request, as a Publishing/Promo request. You should try to hit up Rioters like DyQuill for questions relating to the *amount* of content created for specific champions (because honestly, this is all about Pyke, not Bilgewater!) ;-) FWIW, I am 100% in agreement that we could do more for other regions, and I hope we will in future.
> [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=E0w2ekpn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-01T15:56:01.349+0000) > You should try to hit up Rioters like DyQuill [...] How? When I wanted to contact the people responsible for (Bard) Bard I asked the customer support, they told me to go on the forums (what I did). EDIT: For praising this awesome champ. But nobody ever wants to give any contact information to anyone, as if RIOT staff hides from the mere forum members here. It's sad and stupid, but I can't change that. Reading that someone is supposed "to hit up RIOTER XY" is kinda funny since that is 100% impossible. . . (as I know myself from experience). So are you being sarcastic or mean to him?
: When you /mute all
./fullmute all is really the reason why I raise in honour...
: Fun how its becoming more frequent huh? And the Boards are supposed to be the "vocal minority" sooo...
The forums are literally the only place where people type that. Where else? In a public chat room? So the "vocal minority" is not applicable here.
: Don't Attack People Who Are Bad In Normals
But let's also face another truth: Outright STUPID people in normals. Look, when I put your 5-year old brother/son a GameBoy in his hand and he plays my old-ass Tom and Jerry game, he will learn after 1 death that running into the black dots will take away health. So he must avoid it. It's a part of the game. Yes? Yes. Good. But here, I have a LeBlanc at midlane (I was Ashe) that auto attacks me until I kill her. She repeated that twice. I ask "?" in all chat. She dies 4 more times within like 3 minutes. I ask if she is a bot and the enemy jungler says "STFU SHE LEARNING". What?!? When I'd have LeBlanc, what would you want me to do? I am not allowed to leave because people "learn" (Bot games? Practice mode? Tutorial? Coop Vs AI? Hello??) and just feed. So I am supposed to be trolled by a person that does not understand the very logic that you learn in real life in your very first year of life, such as "Avoid bad things". The last learners were asking "How did you do that?" or something, but the vast majority of the "learners" can't even speak a single word and just run it down, right-clicking me or minions. I wonder where you get your adorable new players from you always talk on the forums. Because I never meet them. Either they are silent feeders or they have common sense and a learning effect. But a combination of both? Nah. Not on EU West apparently.
: Don't Say The Word "Co-on" In League of Legends Either
Coons can also be Maine Coon cats. I often hear that "my coon's fur's matted again" and such. I like Maine **Coons.** Oh no, it's a cat **race.** So I am racist² now?
Cryotron (NA)
: To be honest, I am more likely to be friends with my opponents than it is with my teammates. _Oh the irony._ I approve of this change.
Same here. Usually, my "team" is a buch of trashfucks and the enemy is lovable. I had a winning enemy Kai'Sa that fought 3vs3 (I substract two of my trash noob "team" "mates" in that game) but she was always ready to dish out a comment about my nice gameplay despite she's been butchered. While I would not even touch my trash "team" "mates" with a pole, the enemy seems to be much more enjoyable, no matter if they win or not.
: Hit Master on my main account 2 weeks ago. Here's what I've learned.
Pretty much a generic post, often sounding like a users manual coming up with common sense things that never really work out, hence there are so many different tiers and skill ranges in this game. The whole "analysis" is so vague it does not even deserve the term, with you switching back and forth in your argumentation. For example the part _"It's better to play with your team than make the correct play. If you know your team shouldn't fight something, but you think you can turn the fight, it's generally better to be there and turn the fight than to say hopefully they don't engage while I splitpush"_. If I can turn the fight, the reason to start it is there, so my team is right in doing so. When they still engage while I splitpush, I don't think they are right, because **I AM SPLITPUSHING FOR THAT REASON. **I would be with them if we can win it. If we can not, I splitpush, else it's wasted potential. If we are good at teamfighting, then of course nobody with common sense suddenly starts to vanish in the jungle, he or she will stick together. If it's NOT succesfull, then it makes sense to keep pacing back and forth as five - so stop it. Some things like ""_I can do a, b, and c and he can only respond with x and y because z will get him punished. If I take option b he'll use y and so be prepared to counter that."_" are also called common sense. I mean, when I will walk up to an enemy as Bard, I am most likely trying to stun him or as Blitzcrank to grab him. And not handing out ice cream. Then you often say "It can be", "It might be" and such. Of course, it's vague again. Leage "can" be fun, but actually it's frustrating in SoloQ. It "might be" a hard time carrying, but the lopsided "matchmaking" is actually just creating stomps. Then you talk about General Discussion forums for some reason that have nothing to do with gameplay. It's just gossip, and reading the forums - or not - do not let you climb or drop in ranking at all. I am here since 8 years and 2 months. I've seen almost anything. And a lot of stuff that is written here is really just generic stuff everybody did know, but for some reason, because this guy is "Master tier", people start to act like they never knew these things like "this game can be bittering" or "stay strong mentally". No shit. Users either flame or honour you. Well, also something totally new we never figured out ourselves. It takes Master Tier for that I guess.. This whole post is generic pseudo-advice stuff like "drive carefully when under bad road conditions". Oh really? I thought I could speed up in sharp turns on heavy rain. . . .
: League of Legends has forsaken Strategy in favour of Gimmicks
Yesterday I wanted to chase an enemy as Bard, so I picked up a nearby chime and followed him through the jungle down the river: I clicked on a plant, on that fruit (that I also picked up and slew me down) and lost a meep at the Scuttler. This shit made me so mad I raged at the screen. You can't click anywhere without triggering random fucking bullshit appearing from out the fog of war.
: @ Riot: Who is Ziggs'dentist?
Had Ziggs as wallpaper on my Surface (tablet). My mom saw and was like "Wow, he has awesome teeth". That he throws bombs or looks like a cat, or what is that in general? Nope. All bout his teeth. Eh.
: "malphite you are a fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are"
Exibir mais

Teemo Gromp

Nível 27 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão