Asmundur (EUW)
: What body image expresses lol? (do you have an opinion?)
I wouldn't so much call it negative body image and moreso boring body image, when the only difference between allot of female champions is the clothes they wear, they it gets boring, good ol hourglas figure and just looking bog standard atractive, they even had a big chance to change it for once with kai`sa, but she is unfortunately the same as all other boring sexy female characters where only the clothes change and nothing else, clothing in general lacks logic in this game, champions going to war with piss all for protection, braum without a shirt, tryndamere with just a skirt, ashe with just a skirt, leona wearing heels, clothing that exposes most of the body, with men it's ussually the complete opposited, buff as fuck and armored all over, or maybe shirtless to show up the six pack, why in satans name they had to rework trundle to be a buff troll with a six pack is beyond me and all of this because ''sex sells'' well to me sex doesn't sell, to me interesting champs and logic sells and that's why so many champions bored me to death, looking illogical/boring for the sake of sex sells like uugh, it's why I was looking forward to kai`sa so much, turns out she's jsut anther supermodel walking in a halloween suit, even more pronounced in her skins.
: Champion Types That Are Inherently Broken
This is why Twitch shouldn't have stealth, come late game he's a ranged stealth assassin, or even just when he gets fed, he can pop-out and assassinate you from a safe distance
: How would you guys Balance Yasuo and Pyke
Remove his windwall and replace it with something else, the hate for Yasuo doesn't come from him being OP, it comes from him being frustrating to play against and windwall is a very big reason as to why he is, furthermore show to the enemies his E cooldown on minions so you can at least keep track of where he can and can't dash to.
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lG73iPcO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-16T08:19:28.168+0000) > > Their ethics and morals flew out the window the moment they added gambling to this game, though you are right that their ''let's buff this champ for skin/worlds'' occurences have gotten worse. > > The bigger a company gets the higher the chance it gets ruined to all hell, we all know activision blizzard, used to be the good boy of the industry, made great games, now the only thing it's obsessed with is lootboxes by gambling are you referring to loot boxes?
> [{quoted}](name=DarknesTheDragon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lG73iPcO,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-17T05:03:25.587+0000) > > by gambling are you referring to loot boxes? yes
: Buffing the Strong and Nerfing the flexible.
Atleast I can make out what sylas does, with riven it's so much animation cancelling you don't even know what the actual hell happens or what abilities are being used and with riot's whole ''clarity is very important for us'' shtick you'd think they do something about it but no, they don't so you're left wonder ''gee is this a normal riven where it takes her some seconds to unload her entire kit or is this a animation cancelling riven who unloads her entire kit on me in half a second nukes me into oblivion and leaving me wondering what the fuck happened?'' never know with Riven.
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lG73iPcO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-16T08:19:28.168+0000) > > Their ethics and morals flew out the window the moment they added gambling to this game, though you are right that their ''let's buff this champ for skin/worlds'' occurences have gotten worse. > > The bigger a company gets the higher the chance it gets ruined to all hell, we all know activision blizzard, used to be the good boy of the industry, made great games, now the only thing it's obsessed with is lootboxes Which is so unfortunate. For people to even support these stuff by purchasing them on the virtual stores makes me angry all day long. I understand they need money to keep up their shit, but to add gambling to video games is like bringing addicted kids to a drug dealer.
> [{quoted}](name=Fart Cloud,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lG73iPcO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-16T19:18:02.554+0000) > > Which is so unfortunate. For people to even support these stuff by purchasing them on the virtual stores makes me angry all day long. I understand they need money to keep up their shit, but to add gambling to video games is like bringing addicted kids to a drug dealer. That's the scummy thing about adding gambling to games, used to be if you don't like something you simply say ''speak with your wallet'' and you don't spend money on it, but if you are already playing a game and gambling gets added to it and you get addicted to it so it's no longer a choice and they can take the place of many people who either don't pay or pay little, I've had that exact problem with LoL, the rush you get when you get a gemstone is great, I spent so much money I sometimes didn't even have money for groceries, was drinking water and eating just rice with nothing on it for dinner because it was the cheapest food and just couldn't afford better food. Then again even the people who CAN choose still support the game thinking ''well it doesn't affect me so idc'' so basically it's a win/win If it affects you and you get addicted to it win for the company, they get someone spending hundreds if not thousands. If it doesn't affect you people say ''well it doesn't affect me so why complain about it'' so they win again and they get away with it,
: Riot's Ethics
Their ethics and morals flew out the window the moment they added gambling to this game, though you are right that their ''let's buff this champ for skin/worlds'' occurences have gotten worse. The bigger a company gets the higher the chance it gets ruined to all hell, we all know activision blizzard, used to be the good boy of the industry, made great games, now the only thing it's obsessed with is lootboxes
Keiaga (NA)
: That's not really a protest that's just how the system works. They have a history of nerfing champs even if their winrate isn't too high but their pick/ban rate is off the charts.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lVEehqct,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-15T19:10:13.101+0000) > > That's not really a protest that's just how the system works. > > They have a history of nerfing champs even if their winrate isn't too high but their pick/ban rate is off the charts. that seems to only happen if the champion isn't massively popular, just look at Yasuo, has had a high banrate ever since his release and nothing gets done about him
: Why is Sylas so buff looking?
For the same reason kai`sa looks sexy and has make-up on, sex sells
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JtzcPaAo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T13:32:43.461+0000) > > It's done on purpose, think about it, you can craft multiple keys, open multiple chest but can only disenchant 1 at a time, why is that? because the less BE we have the better it is for Riot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all your tokens get converted into blue essence automatically after the event ends?
> [{quoted}](name=Bommerhond,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JtzcPaAo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-11T08:17:47.493+0000) > > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all your tokens get converted into blue essence automatically after the event ends? I never do event missions so I wouldn't know but I assume since the original poster is talking about it that doesn't happen, though maybe he doesn't know about it if that indeed exists, perhaps someone else knows
: Thank you riot
It's done on purpose, think about it, you can craft multiple keys, open multiple chest but can only disenchant 1 at a time, why is that? because the less BE we have the better it is for Riot.
: Runes Reforged was a mistake.
> [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qw4AEAey,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-09T08:44:26.297+0000) > > Runes Reforged was a mistake. I swear the only reason they kept calling them runes eventhough it's basically masteries is so they can have an excuse to keep runepages around, I've got 20 runepages, I've got 0 use for them now, I only need 1 runepage to change shit around
: Dude what the fuck is even Cass toplane
What I hate the most about her is her grounded affect, come late game for squishy mobile champions it might as well be a silence because by the time you moved out of her W to use your flash you're already long dead
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EFjs9Kve,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-08T08:09:12.757+0000) > > imagine that, a late game hyper carry class can't snowball it's early game, truly shocking, what's next? expressing surprise when a early game champion can't carry late game? Not every ADC is a late game hypercarry though. {{champion:22}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:110}} are not hypercarries.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EFjs9Kve,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-08T09:44:21.937+0000) > > Not every ADC is a late game hypercarry though. > > > {{champion:22}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:110}} are not hypercarries. Every single ADC is a late game hyper carry by virtue of being a ranged ADC, if you build full crit you are a late game hyper carry, nothing can beat the damage output of a fully built late game crit ADC as they can dish out consistent burst damage not limited to cooldowns. I say that but with the power of lethality you don't even need full crit to be a hyper carry as an ADC, on-hit also works, point is ADC's are hyper carries because of their range. Some adc's are stronger late game than others, however ALL ADC's are very strong late game, doesn't matter which ADC we're talking about.
Sylphic (NA)
: Why does it feel like ADCs have no agency in a game?
imagine that, a late game hyper carry class can't snowball it's early game, truly shocking, what's next? expressing surprise when a early game champion can't carry late game?
: Game's are not decided by the one who carries, it's decided by the one that throws the most.
It's both If the enemy has a braindead player and your team has a slightly MORE braindead player then if the skill level is even on both sides it's a toss up, can go either way, if your side however has someone who is much more skilled than the average player then a higher chance to win
GigglesO (NA)
: I thnk assassins are uninteractive
sounds like late game ADC's, right click > wait 1-2 second(s) enemy dead as uninteractive assassin's are they need to be because of how uninteractive ADC's are
: what's up with so many vladimirs carrying games
I see vlad in a similar vein to adc's, once it comes to late game, you have to burst them down instantly or they will heal all lost health back within a couple of seconds, same with vladimir, if you don't burst him down he can just heal back a ridiculous amount of health rapidly, only difference is vladimir can build health and gain damage from it so it's more difficult with him
Bultz (NA)
: Is thornmail ever going to actually have any fuckign affect against ranged adc?
the 2 items I have the most problems with in this game are thornmail{{item:3075}} and Adaptive Helm{{item:3194}} Both for the same reason, we've always been told that the counter to tanks is sustained damage and yet both thornmail and adaptive Helm punish sustained damage, thornmail arguably worse depending on how strong it is, think about it, if thornmail is strong or too strong, you will have ADC's killing themselves just attacking the tank, this does actually happen if you don't build lifesteal on an ADC. As for adaptive Helm, well having your sustained damage reduced by 20% just hsouldn't be a thing, like I said sustained damage is supposed to counter tanks not get countered by tanks.
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Z3XOFYN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-03T20:58:14.892+0000) > > the same goes for hextech chests though, I can't even open them without being dragged into the gambling system, you can barely even progress in this game(gain BE) without opening lootboxes That's utter bullshit. I've earned a good 100$ worth of skins from the boxes for free since their implementation, and you earn more BE than you ever did IP the math has already been worked out. You don't need to open boxes at all if anything buy the champ you want and buy XP boost like what are you people even talking about i hear the same BS argument. I wouldn't have even half the skins i have if boxes weren't in the game
> [{quoted}](name=Adequate Top,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Z3XOFYN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T06:00:02.622+0000) > > That's utter bullshit. I've earned a good 100$ worth of skins from the boxes for free since their implementation, and you earn more BE than you ever did IP the math has already been worked out. You don't need to open boxes at all if anything buy the champ you want and buy XP boost like what are you people even talking about i hear the same BS argument. I wouldn't have even half the skins i have if boxes weren't in the game I've earned a good gambling addiction from the boxes, lootboxes are gambling ,as is evident where I spent more than I could even afford to gamble for those gemstones, let me tell you something the rush you get when you get a gemstone oh boy, like I hit the jackpot in a casino, and when you get all 10 gemstones? son I might as well come right there and then when I get all 10 of them, dopamine rush of gambling, so good and yet so dangerous as there were some months where I had to survive the days on some bread and water and nothing else because I gambled my money away on hextech chests. So you see because of that I can't open hextech chests unless I want to make myself vulnerable to gambling again so what does that leave me with? the BE from the First Win Of The Day bonus and NOTHING ELSE, litterally nothing since riot reworked the system where to progress you have to open gamble boxes which is clearly a no go for me and it takes MONTHS to afford a 6300 BE champion if all you get is BE from the First Win Of The Day Bonus. And man oh man is it SHOVED IN YER FACE, oh you leveled up? have a lootbox shoved in your face, got an s-rank? have a lootbox shoved in your face, lootbox lootbox lootbox, it's all this game is about now and it's pretty much ruined the game for me, . inb4 the good ol''well it doesn't affect me'' well good for you you're clearly not the target demographic then but claiming this isn't a problem is just plain ignorance, it IS a problem, millions of people have this problem world wide be it in LoL, fifa, overwatch or some other AAA or online game that has gambling incorporated into the game ''Just don't buy the lootboxes'' seen this plenty of times as well so let me repeat myself, it is a gambling ADDICTION, you don't go up to a junkie or alcoholic and say ''just don't buy drugs/alcohol'' and go ''welp problem solved'' doesn't work that way
Jakra (EUW)
: Reminder: Loot boxes for Little Legends are completely unnecessary and counter intuitive.
the same goes for hextech chests though, I can't even open them without being dragged into the gambling system, you can barely even progress in this game(gain BE) without opening lootboxes
: "Trolling" Has Pretty Much Lost Its Meaning In League
the word troll and trolling has lost it's meaning in general, like you said all you gotta do is say something the other person doesn't like and you get called a troll
Lapis (OCE)
: I think Xerath skins are the worst, personally. They're basically just chromas. Like, to be fair, i'm not sure what would actually work for Xerath, but still.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HrxGxN1N,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-02T02:58:58.005+0000) > > I think Xerath skins are the worst, personally. They're basically just chromas. Like, to be fair, i'm not sure what would actually work for Xerath, but still. {{champion:154}} did someone say chroma's?
: Actually you are completely wrong. We are all entitled to our speech, and we are all free to say whatever we want. I do agree that people shouldn't be toxic, and I wish the toxicity would end, but people should be able to say whatever they want. The key to ending toxicity for yourself is the mute button, as you said yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=TimeLordCaleb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:12:15.853+0000) > > Actually you are completely wrong. We are all entitled to our speech, and we are all free to say whatever we want. I do agree that people shouldn't be toxic, and I wish the toxicity would end, but people should be able to say whatever they want. The key to ending toxicity for yourself is the mute button, as you said yourself. you're right you're free to say what you want, but just like real life, what you say can have consequences, chances are if you scream racist remarks in real life there will be consequences, if you act like an ass, insult someone and tell them to kill themself there can be consequences, in this game that comes in the form of a ban. I see some say how this doesn't help to ''reform'' these toxic players, riot doesn't want to reform them, as riot said in the past, if they permaban you that means they don't want you in this game, they'd rather you take your toxicity and bring it with you to some game that is not LoL And for those saying ''but mute'' that doesn't work that way, if you have to mute someone that means the damage has already been done, unless you can look into the future you can only mute someone AFTER they've been a toxic ahole
JOOTAROOO (EUW)
: Little Legends. Gambling. I don't get it, man.
sad part is even if people do realize what's going on if they have a gambling addiction they can't stop themselves that's why gambling in video games work so well, used to be able to say ''vote with your wallet'' but when it's an addiction that stops being a possibility
: I'd love to see bans in URF too, but honestly Fizz and Shaco aren't even that bad. {{champion:120}} and {{champion:86}} on the other hand.........
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iLsvEAIF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-01T02:36:08.654+0000) > > I'd love to see bans in URF too, but honestly Fizz and Shaco aren't even that bad. > > {{champion:120}} and {{champion:86}} on the other hand......... Pretty sure people hate fizz for the same reason they hate vladimir, their untargetability, it's on such a low cd it's infuriating to play against they can just make it like that ARAM with bans both sides pick a champion to ban, after that you get given a random champ
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gpAN1Toa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-30T07:37:57.457+0000) > > speaking of it being ''claustraphobic'' that's how I felt with the new champ select, went from seeing almost half the champs at once to seeing barely any, and boy did it make me nervous and uncomfortable, so much so that I started playing ARAM only where I don't have to select anything. > > Unfortunately allot of companies are going for form over function so it's unlikely anything will be done about it, eventhough yo ugive some valid possibilities to solve it. The search feature exists for champ select. :o That's what I've always used to find what I want to play.
> [{quoted}](name=GamingExotic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gpAN1Toa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T23:13:56.243+0000) > > The search feature exists for champ select. :o That's what I've always used to find what I want to play. I never went into champ select knowing what to play, I always spend about 20-30 seconds scrolling through my champion list seeing what I felt like playing this time so I never had a use for the search function.
: mods are free labor and they are ok with it
hey some people love to have power over others, that's why people be willing to volunteer to be a mod. Obviously isn't always the case, some do it because they like the game, be it because they're fanboys or just normal fans of the game, others do it because they want to better the community etc, but some of them just do it to have power over others.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=000000030000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T06:20:12.171+0000) > > know what happens if I get an s-rank or I level up? I get a gamblebox shoved in my face, know what I have to do if I want to gain BE in this game and thus actually be able to get champions without spending money? that's right I have to open gambleboxes so it is quite litterally a requirement to take part in the gambling system unless I only want to gain like 50 BE a day from the first win of the day bonus and boy oh boy will it take a long time to buy a champ if I can only earn 50 BE a day. > > it really doesn't, I can go to the super market, I can go play a single player game, I can go to a bar, I can hang out with friends, go for a walk through a park, none of that has gambling shoved in my face, video games are the only source of gambling in my life, because gambling in video games is just that god damn prevalent, I don't know what world you live in but 99% of what you do in life has nothing to do with gambling and doesn't shove gambling in your face When you go to Safeway you are literally given scratch and wins with your groceries. Most bars have 50/50 draws. Once again there is no requirement to gamble in this game and your attitude about the scenario shows you just want an excuse to hate riot. As well I will repeat that if you feel that you can become addicted to buying cosmetics for a video game as a facet for gambling then YOU NEED HELP.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=0000000300000000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T07:59:01.333+0000) > > When you go to Safeway you are literally given scratch and wins with your groceries. > > Most bars have 50/50 draws. > > Once again there is no requirement to gamble in this game and your attitude about the scenario shows you just want an excuse to hate riot. > > > As well I will repeat that if you feel that you can become addicted to buying cosmetics for a video game as a facet for gambling then YOU NEED HELP. In my country there is not a single store I've been to where they jsut give you scratch and wins or other gambling items just like that, you have to go to an actual casino to gamble. Furthermore in bars you aren't required to gamble in roder to buy a drink or food, where as in LoL you are required to gamble to do pretty much anything outside only playing the F2P champions. So you're litterally going to ignore the fact that in order to progress in this game you have to open gamble boxes? so here is what happens if I don't open the gamble boxes: it will take me 9 days to buy a 450 BE champions, that's 50 BE a day from first win of the day bonus 1350 BE = 27 days 3150 BE = 63 days 6300 BE = 126 days so if I want to buy a single 6300 BE champion it would take me 126 days without the gambling in order to accmplish that, sure I suppose you could say it's not required and technically it isn't, but if you don't gamble it will take you YEARS to unlock just a couple 6300 BE champions, and you honestly see that as a choice? I'm not addicted to buying cosmetics, I'm addicted to gambling, it doesn't matter if it's cosmetics or if it's gameplay related, if it's in the form of a buyable lootbox it's gambling and this is what riot quite litterally is offering, gambling, although saying that would not be true, they aren't offering it, they are shoving it in your face every opportunity they get. Do I need help? sure I do, that however does not excuse gambling being in this video game, UNREGULATED GAMBLING, gambling is regulated for a reason, to ensure children do not access it and to ensure the odds are fair, none of this happens with video game gambling, not to mention you can ban yourself from casino's so you can't go gamble there, but what about video games? more and more are starting to have gambling in them, games add them as a surprise too, like riot, all of a sudden adding gambling boxes to the game, it just shouldn't be done. Do you seriously struggle this much with the concept of gambling being gambling regardless of what it offers? it doesn't matter what you can get by gambling, all that matters is that it's gambling which it is.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=0000000300000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T20:48:15.942+0000) > > what you gonna do next? blame drug addicts for not having self control? it's quite litterally a addiction that is outside my control, I'm not to blame for having gambling shoved in my face, it's the fault of riot, they were doing just fine before putting gambling in this game. > > just because allot of multiplayer games have gambling in it doesn't make it ok. Its not shoved in your face there is no requirement to participate in the loot box system you can literally never once have to interact with it. If you seriously struggle that much with this kind of situation then you should see someone because this kind of scenario exists in all facets of life.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=00000003000000000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T21:33:33.497+0000) > > Its not shoved in your face there is no requirement to participate in the loot box system you can literally never once have to interact with it. > > If you seriously struggle that much with this kind of situation then you should see someone because this kind of scenario exists in all facets of life. know what happens if I get an s-rank or I level up? I get a gamblebox shoved in my face, know what I have to do if I want to gain BE in this game and thus actually be able to get champions without spending money? that's right I have to open gambleboxes so it is quite litterally a requirement to take part in the gambling system unless I only want to gain like 50 BE a day from the first win of the day bonus and boy oh boy will it take a long time to buy a champ if I can only earn 50 BE a day. it really doesn't, I can go to the super market, I can go play a single player game, I can go to a bar, I can hang out with friends, go for a walk through a park, none of that has gambling shoved in my face, video games are the only source of gambling in my life, because gambling in video games is just that god damn prevalent, I don't know what world you live in but 99% of what you do in life has nothing to do with gambling and doesn't shove gambling in your face
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=00000003000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T16:08:56.372+0000) > > Unless you buy the basic stat tracking in which case it's nearly the same. > > And? if a game has lootboxes that you can buy that makes it a bad game. > > The rub that lootboxes litterally prey on children and people with gambling addictions, they're gambling, gambling in a game is not ok and having to gamble to progress in a game is even less ok, it doesn't matter if they're cosmetic only, it doesn't matter if they're cosmetic + gameplay, at the end of the day both is gambling and so both is bad, let me tell you I can't even open the gambleboxes in this game to gain BE, know why? because if I do I get hooked on it again and I will start spending more money then I can afford to spend on this game, it's gone so far as not even having food to eat because my gambling addiction got theb est of money and so I just kept buying hextech chests to get those 10 gems for those special skins. So you don’t have self control ? If you cant control yourself from buying purely cosmetic loot box in a video game then you probably have other issues in life. I have not seen a multiplayer game in a long time that doesn’t have loot boxes.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=000000030000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T17:00:18.852+0000) > > So you don’t have self control ? > > If you cant control yourself from buying purely cosmetic loot box in a video game then you probably have other issues in life. > > I have not seen a multiplayer game in a long time that doesn’t have loot boxes. what you gonna do next? blame drug addicts for not having self control? it's quite litterally a addiction that is outside my control, I'm not to blame for having gambling shoved in my face, it's the fault of riot, they were doing just fine before putting gambling in this game. just because allot of multiplayer games have gambling in it doesn't make it ok.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=000000030000000000000002,timestamp=2019-08-30T06:22:03.894+0000) > > yes and having lootboxes is scummy, hence both riot and EA are bad companies, simple logic at play there, I'm saying riot is as bad as OLD EA, and they are. > > stat tracking has litterally been in the game in the past, old client had it, and now the new client has it...for a price that is The kind of stat tracking being introduced is far more advanced than anything currently in the game. Once again from overwatch to pubg to league to rainbow 6 seige to Star Wars battlefront to GTA and many many more lootboxes exist in all these games. Riot has kept these lootboxes to purely cosmetic and you can acquire just about every thing found in a loot box through other means. So what is the rub ?
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=0000000300000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-08-30T08:33:22.410+0000) > > The kind of stat tracking being introduced is far more advanced than anything currently in the game. > > Once again from overwatch to pubg to league to rainbow 6 seige to Star Wars battlefront to GTA and many many more lootboxes exist in all these games. > > Riot has kept these lootboxes to purely cosmetic and you can acquire just about every thing found in a loot box through other means. So what is the rub ? Unless you buy the basic stat tracking in which case it's nearly the same. And? if a game has lootboxes that you can buy that makes it a bad game. The rub that lootboxes litterally prey on children and people with gambling addictions, they're gambling, gambling in a game is not ok and having to gamble to progress in a game is even less ok, it doesn't matter if they're cosmetic only, it doesn't matter if they're cosmetic + gameplay, at the end of the day both is gambling and so both is bad, let me tell you I can't even open the gambleboxes in this game to gain BE, know why? because if I do I get hooked on it again and I will start spending more money then I can afford to spend on this game, it's gone so far as not even having food to eat because my gambling addiction got theb est of money and so I just kept buying hextech chests to get those 10 gems for those special skins.
: Lets have a discussion on the new client.
speaking of it being ''claustraphobic'' that's how I felt with the new champ select, went from seeing almost half the champs at once to seeing barely any, and boy did it make me nervous and uncomfortable, so much so that I started playing ARAM only where I don't have to select anything. Unfortunately allot of companies are going for form over function so it's unlikely anything will be done about it, eventhough yo ugive some valid possibilities to solve it.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=0000000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T18:36:20.026+0000) > > in the past, like I said they were the same > **EA in the past:** > Has gambling lootboxes which are cosmetic only. > They remove features from a game and then sell them to you as microtransactions. > > **Riot Games now:** > Has gambling lootboxes which are cosmetic only. > They remove features from a game and then sell them to you as microtransactions. > > Of course they made ''runes'' free, they're just masteries, masteries were free before as well > > I never said this is a P2W game. Literally every game has lootboxes hell gta has a literal ingame casino. If you want to say ea and riot are the same for having lootboxes then every game is EA. What have they removed from the game and reintroduced? The stat tracking that is being brought in has never existed ingame.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=00000003000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T19:00:56.233+0000) > > Literally every game has lootboxes hell gta has a literal ingame casino. > > If you want to say ea and riot are the same for having lootboxes then every game is EA. > > What have they removed from the game and reintroduced? The stat tracking that is being brought in has never existed ingame. yes and having lootboxes is scummy, hence both riot and EA are bad companies, simple logic at play there, I'm saying riot is as bad as OLD EA, and they are. stat tracking has litterally been in the game in the past, old client had it, and now the new client has it...for a price that is
: Don't diss mobile games when all you know is western-produced garbage, some are really, really fucking solid if not downright better than console games, (ESPECIALLY when it comes to rhythm ones).
> [{quoted}](name=Shieda Kayn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2T97VR4E,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-29T15:20:23.927+0000) > > Don't diss mobile games when all you know is western-produced garbage, some are really, really fucking solid if not downright better than console games, (ESPECIALLY when it comes to rhythm ones). sure there are good mobile games, no doubt about that, unfortunately just like with steam, if you want to find that 1 rare gem you gotta go through piles and piles of garbage, on steam that's just metric tons of asset flips and tutorials uploaded as games, on mobile games it's just P2W games EVERYWHERE or games which seem to exist purely to show commercials to you constantly
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-08-29T06:53:00.548+0000) > > if you think P2W is all there is to EA being bad then you couldn't be more wrong. > > EA games are riddled with lootboxes, riot their game is riddled with lootboxes. > > EA games like to remove features from a game and then sell them to you in a sequel as microtransactions. > Riot Games removes a basic feature from their game(seeing your stats) and is now selling it back to us. > > We can say that riot is ad bas as EA before starwars battlefront 2, and everyone knows EA were giant assholes even before they implemented the P2W lootboxes, and that's where Riot is right now > > Riot still has the shitty systme in place of buying RP instead of being able to just buy what you want with money, remember how microsoft points had to be removed because it was unfair and such? yeah riot don't care EA lootboxes are full of features that enhance you or make you better than the players around you. Riot lootboxes are literally just cosmetics. The literally made runes free for everyone. This is not a pay to win game.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-08-29T17:24:54.849+0000) > > EA lootboxes are full of features that enhance you or make you better than the players around you. > > Riot lootboxes are literally just cosmetics. > > The literally made runes free for everyone. > > This is not a pay to win game. in the past, like I said they were the same **EA in the past:** Has gambling lootboxes which are cosmetic only. They remove features from a game and then sell them to you as microtransactions. **Riot Games now:** Has gambling lootboxes which are cosmetic only. They remove features from a game and then sell them to you as microtransactions. Of course they made ''runes'' free, they're just masteries, masteries were free before as well I never said this is a P2W game.
zaire90 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EtpMHY8j,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-29T02:45:50.220+0000) > > Only been a few years and people forget what non-random URF was like.. > > It wont happen. I mean its been 2 years and I havent forgotten about og URF and its why i dont play ARURF cause to me its too inferior to the original
> [{quoted}](name=zaire90,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EtpMHY8j,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T05:19:40.079+0000) > > I mean its been 2 years and I havent forgotten about og URF and its why i dont play ARURF cause to me its too inferior to the original when URF first got released it was great..for about 2 days, after that you saw the exact same 10-15 OP champions every single game, this is why ARURF had to replace normal URF, because even after riot disabled up to 15-20 champions in the original URF people simply moved on to the next 10 OP champions and you saw those every single game, majority of players don't go into URF thinking ''gosh what champion should I try out'' no, 99% of them go in ''gotta pick dat OP champion instantly before someone else'' which results in games being boring for anyone who doesn't want that. I liked trying out all sorts of champions there, let's try zac, oh look enemy zed, guess I'll just go afk at fountain since I can't even stand under my tower. Maybe this time I will try ashe, oh look a fizz, guess I'll just afk at fountain since he can dive me nonstop without risk. And it goes on and on do onsided games happen in ARURF? sure, but not 100% of the time, snce I liked to pick all sorts of different champions in original urf I'd get stomped 99% of the time by the zed, evelyn, fizz, vladimir or other OP champ at the time, it was just no fun.
mack9112 (NA)
: Riot has never ever introduced a pay to win format in any of its games something EA does on a consistent basis. With that in mind riot is nothing like EA if they did one day turn down that path then I would be inclined to agree with you.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FJvqnElN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-28T21:46:41.193+0000) > > Riot has never ever introduced a pay to win format in any of its games something EA does on a consistent basis. > > With that in mind riot is nothing like EA if they did one day turn down that path then I would be inclined to agree with you. if you think P2W is all there is to EA being bad then you couldn't be more wrong. EA games are riddled with lootboxes, riot their game is riddled with lootboxes. EA games like to remove features from a game and then sell them to you in a sequel as microtransactions. Riot Games removes a basic feature from their game(seeing your stats) and is now selling it back to us. We can say that riot is ad bas as EA before starwars battlefront 2, and everyone knows EA were giant assholes even before they implemented the P2W lootboxes, and that's where Riot is right now Riot still has the shitty systme in place of buying RP instead of being able to just buy what you want with money, remember how microsoft points had to be removed because it was unfair and such? yeah riot don't care
Naalith (NA)
: Riot, just make a new Collection tab for Eternals. The new champions tab looks terrible
I got the exact same problem with champion select, used to be able to see so many champions on champ select now you can see significantly less of them and have to scroll much more
: “We found that Jax is doing really well after we buffed his Q, so now we are nerfing ‘X’”
typical riot, they refuse to admit problems. Takes me back to malzahar, back when he was OP everyone kept pointing out how his passive was the problem, riot then proceeded to quite litterally nerf every single ability of his except his passive.
: Taric sucks, make him better
his ult needs to be reworked, I assume similar to other coordinated teamplay ultimates, like that of ryze for example, taric is balanced around his ult use in like lcs play, it could be strong there, where as it's garbage in solo que
: Champs over 1000 days w/o a new skin
Holy crap first time I've seen the reworked pantheon icon and boy does it look bad, see some hefty glare and can barely see a helmet, didn't even know that was pantheon, had to go through the list of champion icons to find out, honestly for a moment thought it was the icon for a morde skin.
: Riven just feels like she can get 2 kills at lvl 3 and completely out scale everyone.
considering riot is all about ''muh clarity'' why Riven is still allowed to eixst in the way she is is beyond me. there's 0 clarity in riven, you never know if it's a ''normal'' riven who takes a couple of seconds to unleash their kit or if it's a riven who animation cancels and drops her entire kit on you in the form of a nuke in a split second leaving you wonder what in the actual hell just happened
: So rather than fix any problems, Riot instead decided to split eternals into two separate purchases
this is like the lootbox thing all over again AAA companies put cosmetic lootboxes in full priced 60 dollar games community is outraged and calls it bullshit AAA comapnies put P2W lootboxes in full priced 60 dollar games community even further outraged and demands change AAA companies go back to cosmetic lootboxes in full priced 60 dollar games community cheers them on as good guys and how it's ''not as bad as it could be'' And hey it worked so can't blame them for doing it I guess...
Wolfeur (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T11:27:08.287+0000) > > to anyone with gambling issues it however does not matter whether lootboxes affect gameplay or are purely cosmetic and whether or not they got good or bad drop rates, to them it's gambling just the same so long as you can buy them with money. Yeah, but as I said, I don't like that lootboxes are buyable. But also, people with those needs are rare. On a general standpoint, it's not dickish to put cosmetics behind a paywall, while making the game P2W is.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfeur,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T13:26:03.711+0000) > > Yeah, but as I said, I don't like that lootboxes are buyable. But also, people with those needs are rare. On a general standpoint, it's not dickish to put cosmetics behind a paywall, while making the game P2W is. those needs being ''rare'' isn't an excuse, lives are being ruined because of either children spending thousands or adults with gambling addiction spending thousands on them, it can ruin their life and lootboxes are to blame for that and it's scum behaviour, it's the same with me, I got hooked on the gambling lootboxes this game has to get those super special awesome gemstone skins, spent so much money I didn't even have money left to buy food. Ofcourse you can have cosmetics behind a paywall, F2P games have been doing that for years, you pay 5/10 euro and you get a cosmetic item, but that's gone away, now you need to gamble with these lootboxes to get what you want. Having cosmetic gambling is bad and predatory Having P2W gambling is bad, ruins the game balance and is predatory
: [GAMEPLAY] Riven's Q With 100% Consistency Fails to Deal Damage
fix is simple, riven's Q cooldown now starts after casting last part of Q, problem solved and riven got a nerf she needs
Wolfeur (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T07:06:00.485+0000) > > reminds me of overwatch's release > EA has lootboxes? FUCK EA THOSE EVIL SCUMBAGS > entire communtiy shitting on EA > *activision blizzard releases overwatch with lootboxes* > ''oh I don't know guys it's blizzard, it's optional it's not so bad!'' > seriously fanboys are a plague, they can justify anything, go back several years and activision blizzard could kill a puppy on a livestream and fanboys would still defend them There is a difference when lootboxes are purely cosmetics and drop at a nice rate. I do dislike that you can buy boxes, though (well, not in Belgium anymore, at least)
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfeur,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T07:38:32.134+0000) > > There is a difference when lootboxes are purely cosmetics and drop at a nice rate. I do dislike that you can buy boxes, though (well, not in Belgium anymore, at least) to anyone with gambling issues it however does not matter whether lootboxes affect gameplay or are purely cosmetic and whether or not they got good or bad drop rates, to them it's gambling just the same so long as you can buy them with money.
: When will inting trash like this ever get dealt with?
this picture shows why people more quickly get banned for language than they do for intentionally feeding, for all we know that karma could have started feeding the moment she got 14 assists, but we may never know, where as with language is obvious when there is a problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-21T04:25:45.656+0000) > > Yeah League has been a successful and popular game for over a decade now. But people then when Riot changes something in a greedy way, people are like "You know it's a business right how else will Riot make money?!?" > > and I'm like "Idk maybe the same way they have become a billon dollar game company over the course of a decade? I think they are making *plenty* of money as is without some weird new monitization" It's funny how people even defend Riot "chest" saying "RIOT IS GIVING US FREE SKIN". No you stupid morons that's like every loot game they purposely give you little by little to entice you so it looks like they're kind so you will be addicted to pull these loot box. EA/Activision/Valve does this but when Riot does it no one brings this up? Yes it's a free to play game but they already made their money back 100x.
> [{quoted}](name=LegendmakerGTX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XKENUckG,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T04:47:51.319+0000) > > It's funny how people even defend Riot "chest" saying "RIOT IS GIVING US FREE SKIN". > > No you stupid morons that's like every loot game they purposely give you little by little to entice you so it looks like they're kind so you will be addicted to pull these loot box. EA/Activision/Valve does this but when Riot does it no one brings this up? Yes it's a free to play game but they already made their money back 100x. reminds me of overwatch's release EA has lootboxes? FUCK EA THOSE EVIL SCUMBAGS entire communtiy shitting on EA *activision blizzard releases overwatch with lootboxes* ''oh I don't know guys it's blizzard, it's optional it's not so bad!'' seriously fanboys are a plague, they can justify anything, go back several years and activision blizzard could kill a puppy on a livestream and fanboys would still defend them
Comentários de Rioters
Exibir mais

hhaavviikk

Nível 67 (EUW)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão