GenoXx (NA)
: So Riot Forge was made....
And we thought Riot was done with announcing new games. *sigh* Nevertheless, I'm pretty pumped to see what they've been cooking back there. Hopefully I'll be able to keep track of them all...
: > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4R47t4Fp,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-12-06T00:19:57.455+0000) > > Err, not sure I would call Hextech superior to elemental magic, which is the literal control of the world around them... They're both pretty different, so it's hard to say which one would win. Also, Demacia and Piltover don't have an alliance in current lore, as far as I can tell. Really? huh, could have sworn that was still a thing. But the Problem is still that Piltover has a vastly larger population, and therefor a vastly larger army. Hextech uses the Brackern Crystals, which basiclly have thousands of generations of power stored in them, so it would probably match the power of Elemental magic. Honestly the deciding factor would probably be Piltovers vastly larger army.
It used to be a thing, but ever since Demacia was remade as an isolationist nation, that's been cut out. Maybe in the future, but I kinda doubt it. Also, we don't know if Piltover has a big army? Heck, if Piltover even has any army. They're not a militant nation like Demacia or Noxus, they're a bunch of scientists and inventors and nobles that are simply interested in creating things, gathered in one place. The closest is probably a police force, and someone like Camille, but those don't seem to be common. Ixtal VS Piltover is still up for debate. Honestly I feel like Ixtal could take on Piltover if they're good enough, but who knows?
: Oooo. Another Xano alt. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468671979269128194/646789463254499363/Zed6.png
Hm. Don't like the implication that someone who is simply iffy towards the setup of a ship is just another Xano.
: Ashe, only because i hate {{champion:246}} with a burning passion. I swear to god shes just a Bratty teenager who thinks that she can do better than her parents when it comes to ruling her country. She equtes natural talent in one area with being better than everyone else at another. Mark my words, if she ever gets control of the country, she will start a war with piltover, and then get smashed into the ground by hextech. Not to mention that Piltover has an aliance with Demacia, so she'd be even more screwed. Yep, she is another female champ who i absolutly despise. Join the club with {{champion:21}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:84}}. So yeah, Not the biggest fan of Ashe (More on {{champion:113}}'s side when it comes to the civil war) but my loathing of {{champion:246}} Outweighs that.
Err, not sure I would call Hextech superior to elemental magic, which is the literal control of the world around them... They're both pretty different, so it's hard to say which one would win. Also, Demacia and Piltover don't have an alliance in current lore, as far as I can tell.
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P0fJeEKi,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-19T18:47:00.718+0000) > > I liked the story. But if he touched Ashe I'm rioting. Story was lovely! As for the latter *I can't say the same* :')
You mean... There's the possibility Sylas and Ashe are going to face off against each other? I don't even know if Sylas can survive up until that point....
WeAreDuo (NA)
: I know I'm hella late and prob no one is gonna even read this BUT IMA SHOOT MY SHOT REAL QUICK So first, I remember Riot's music team saying in promo talks/posts that this true damage project was going to be an extremely ambitious attempt and they were going to be trying to create something never really seen before and while their execution of that may have stumbled in places... They delivered exactly what they said they would deliver... So people in this thread and elsewhere being like "This song is all over the place and doesn't know what it wants to be" Yea... the song knows exactly what it wants to be... It's just not what YOU want it to be. The video seems to be set in a futuristic alternate reality Runeterra where the whole map is like one giant city? Like New York and the Regions being like boroughs in it? I could be wrong but anyway, the heavy cyberpunk aesthetic do a lot to justify the beat for me. That's not a modern-day beat, that's not something you will EVER hear in any rap/pop song today... Listening to the instrumental is weird af but the lyrics fit into it with such perfection that you have to see it as a sort of fictional musical style of the futuristic world TD exists in. Almost as if the team was saying "In that reality, this is what good music sounds like." About the lyrics... After listening to it about 5 times I was like "Wait... who is Ekko even dissing?" And after 10 more listens I came to the conclusion that it must have been written with the actual LoL game in mind and it's like dissing the enemy team and that actually added a layer of respect to it for me. I was hoping for Qianna's lines to be in Spanish and Akali's in Korean for that mass appeal with both of them having minimal English mixed in but that only went 50% as hoped. I thought that they would have made more use of Becky-G and Keke since they bring that star power but I guess Becky-G gets paid by the syllable or something because they barely used her in this song... Instead they put most of the emphasis on the little-known in comparison Thutmose and Duckwrth, who were both phenomenal but just felt so out of their weight class next to the girls. Lastly I wanna just slide in to defend the tempo switch-up in this song... I LOVE WHEN SONGS DO THIS!! It just draws me right back into the song with a fresh mood, fresh rhythm, fresh enthusiasm it's the same song but from a different angle and I cant say just how much I love it when this happens... (it's what got me into travis scott, he loves that shit and I'm all for it) Personal preferences aside tho, I get how having that tonal shift in a song that's already all over the place is like... a bit extra... but it's admitted by me at least that this project does falter in places, it's not perfect, it's ambitious and I love it for that and I'm praying that it hits 200m views by this time next year, it doesn't have to beat out popstars, just needs to be in it's league. And with that... I've shot my shot... Damn it would be so sick if they got travis scott on like Lucian or something for a solo rap... ok I should probably stop typing.
Don't worry, I'm pretty late too. I've seen people talk about how the constant beat/tempo switching is what they didn't like about the song, but honestly, I like it a lot. Especially when you listen to the Instrumental version, I think it sounds pretty good in there. I agree with you about how Riot wanted to do something new and revolutionary with this song, and while not everyone liked it, you can't deny that they wanted to shake things up. Also, I think Becky G actually sung quite a lot in this song. She sung the transitions between the first/second verses and the chorus, she shares the second verse with Soyeon, and I think Becky sung part of the chorus too. Soyeon and Keke Palmer are the ones that I would have expected to have a bigger part honestly. Yet again, I don't really know for sure.
: Ahri and Neeko
Not sure how exactly it'll turn out but them meeting each other would be... interesting. I'm looking forward to it if it ever happens.
: A hypothesis: If an apocalyptic event began in Runeterra a League of Legends would be formed
I would very much like this idea for an endgame kind of story. Seems kinda prophetic, that an actual League of Legends would finally form as a climax to a billion other stories.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T06:19:05.046+0000) > > Wait, I thought Akali was supposed to be Japanese? Since she's based off the whole ninja trope? > > Oh well. Either way, she isn't white. I mean, she can't be Japanese because Japan doesn't exist in runeterra But yes, the classic akali is Japan inspired But this is skins we're talking about, specifically skins in the KDA/True damage universe In that universe, she's Korean (surprise surprise, a member of a Kpop band is korean)
I mean... Well, true. In the canon universe she is Japanese-coded. But generally, I don't think Riot has Champions' races change between universes. Thus, Akali would still remain Japanese/Japanese-coded. Also, Is Evelynn in this universe Korean? Is Kai'Sa? They appeared white to me, especially since they appeared white in the canon universe. I don't think "if they're in a KPOP band, they MUST be Korean" argument holds much water there. They all speak Korean and participate in creating KPOP music without being Korean themselves, as far as I can tell. So the same thing could apply to Akali.
: > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T06:19:05.046+0000) > > Wait, I thought Akali was supposed to be Japanese? Since she's based off the whole ninja trope? > > Oh well. Either way, she isn't white. In the K/DA + True Damage universe _specifically,_ which is set IRL, she's - I checked... probably Korean. It's left unclear whether she's Korean, Japanese, or half and half. Wasn't talking about canon.
I mean, I tend to think if they're canonically one race, then they're probably that same race across multiple universes for the sake of consistency. It is true, she could be of Korean descent, but I still think much like her classic counterpart, she's also of Japanese descent. On the site, it says she speaks fluent English, Korean, *and* Japanese. And then it mentions she grew up in a martial arts dojo, which I generally think is part of Japanese culture? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It never outright states her race, but I think from the context clues of her K/DA bio and of how we know her in the classic lore, Riot was intending her to be read as Japanese.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moonboy65,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A51uysBI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-30T03:33:43.454+0000) > > you must be joking right? you're saying that Yasuo and Akali aren't white? Akali is Korean. Yasuo is left unclear but probably still intended to be East Asian...
Wait, I thought Akali was supposed to be Japanese? Since she's based off the whole ninja trope? Oh well. Either way, she isn't white.
tamaya (NA)
: {{champion:86}} ×{{champion:55}} This is just my personal preference, but if Katarina is little older, I will grin. {{sticker:sg-jinx}} One more thing,Talon is by no means a minor, but I think his face looks older than his actual age. that is his charming feature.
I don't even ship KataGaren, but I will admit, I would grin too if it turned out Katarina was older than Garen.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bU069gng,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T22:53:18.485+0000) > > Hm, good points; although personally I might prefer a Coven Janna to an Elderwood Janna because as far as I can tell, Janna doesn't have many dark/evil skins. Honestly though, I wouldn't mind Taliyah being in either. Both suit her pretty well. Coven mainly seems to fit older woman champions though; both of them look too youthful in my opinion. It's true that Janna doesn't have many dark skins but I don't think that Coven would be the right fit. Also why am I downvoted?
I promise I didn't downvote you; it just seems that some people are commiting to downvoting no mater what :( Janna can be considered fairly old in the same context of Lissandra. She's an ancient wind spirit. We only have two Coven skins so far, so we don't know if using older women is going to be a requirement (tbh I think we're pretty short on older women that can qualify for the skinline)
Terozu (NA)
: No... Kat and Cass are younger than Garen, who's like 5 years older than Lux. Lux is 19, Garen is 24, Kat is like 23, Cass is like 22/21, and Talon is the youngest.
It isn't confirmed Kata and Cass are supposed to be younger than Garen? Nor is it confirmed that both Cass and Kata are older than Talon. I will admit, the age range I gave also isn't confirmed, but neither is the things you stated. Is there canon proof of your evidence to back you up? Also, I'd like to see that Reddit post once you find it it again. Thanks.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vulvarine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bU069gng,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-25T18:55:25.199+0000) > > Zyra would do equally as well. My vote is new cass & Zyra skins ASAP Zyra skins take a lot of resources, but for obvious reasons, Death Blossom would be a perfect fit. I also think it might fit Cassiopeia as well, but a Death Blossom skin for her might be too similar to Elise. Plus, Cassiopeia has the helmet in her base skin already, which, like Lissandra's, could translate into a Coven skin so well. > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bU069gng,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-25T22:09:29.426+0000) > > Coven is supposedly about fashionable witches trying to bring an unfashionable end to society. And each of them seem to be tied to an animal. So yeah! Cass would totally fit Coven! And who knows, it might come out this year. > > Some other contenders I might add are Taliyah, Janna, and even LeBlanc. LeBlanc already has an Elderwood skin which is in the same universe, though her lore connects her to the Coven. I'd say Taliyah and Janna would fit Elderwood better too, even if Taliyah skins do take up a lot of resources. Janna would really be a perfect fit for Elderwood, I think, since she's already a minor wind goddess with an elf-like look; that can translate to trees easily.
> LeBlanc already has an Elderwood skin which is in the same universe, though her lore connects her to the Coven. I'd say Taliyah and Janna would fit Elderwood better too, even if Taliyah skins do take up a lot of resources. Janna would really be a perfect fit for Elderwood, I think, since she's already a minor wind goddess with an elf-like look; that can translate to trees easily. Hm, good points; although personally I might prefer a Coven Janna to an Elderwood Janna because as far as I can tell, Janna doesn't have many dark/evil skins. Honestly though, I wouldn't mind Taliyah being in either. Both suit her pretty well.
: Can Xayah stop getting her breasts enlarged with every skin please.
TBH, I think Janna has the same problem too. And I heard someone express disappointment in how SG Ahri had a smaller breast size. While I don't think it's too much of a big deal, it does go to show Riot fudging up a little on character consistency when it comes to appearance and body types.
: Coven Cassiopeia
Coven is supposedly about fashionable witches trying to bring an unfashionable end to society. And each of them seem to be tied to an animal. So yeah! Cass would totally fit Coven! And who knows, it might come out this year. Some other contenders I might add are Taliyah, Janna, and even LeBlanc.
Terozu (NA)
: Bruh, the man isn't old enough to drink. This was confirmed by his writer on Reddit a couple months ago.
Can you give us a link to that Reddit post? I thought that Katarina and Cassiopeia were supposed to be around their mid-twenties/early-thirties. I SERIOUSLY doubt Riot would make him that young compared to them.
: Can we please acknowledge Talon in the lore already? You even gave MALPHITE a lore update before him
Riot: We love the Du Couteau family! Marcus, Soreana, Katarina, Cassiopeia, and... *looks down at smudged writing on hand* … Taylor. For real though. Cass and Kat got an update. Where is Talon's?
Terozu (NA)
: Let's talk about this for real, it's adorable! Are there any other interactions like this?(K<3GLoR)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXwqQ6p__o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-HAbgi744 Don't know if you've already seen this, but I bet that I should just in case - here are some other interactions. I'm wondering if there's only going to be two interactions between each Champion or more - but I'm pretty excited to hear all of them when the game is fully released.
GreenLore (EUW)
: I kinda hope that the ionian juggernaut is somehow related to these titans.(not saying he is an actual titan,but maybe some sort of descendant), because that bit about ionias history does feela bit random and comes out of nowhere unless Riot has actually something in production that is related to that.
I agree. Although someone did mention that this lore change could be tied to the upcoming Zed comic, which would also make sense.
Sukishoo (NA)
: I guess that would make sense. It still just feels kinda too soon for them to jump at her again.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not opposed to Akali getting another music skin to tie in with her street rapper style, since the same thing happened with Ahri and her Popstar and K/DA skins. But the difference was that Ahri's skins were released five years apart. It's barely been a year for Akali...
: I mean, as someone who mains a lot of unpopular champions in various roles, Taliyah included, I understand the frustration. At least one of the players from SSG not only played Taliyah during worlds, but picked her for their Worlds skin. They could have picked any other champion they played, but they picked Taliyah, and I think we should all be grateful and thank them for that.
Yeah, I am pretty grateful for that! But it's still kinda sad that Riot only made that skin because someone requested it. Otherwise, Taliyah might still be stuck with only her launch skin.
: Not sure what music True Damage plays, but I feel like its not really a good fit for Taliyah anyway. I could see her as a part of some sort of, say, orchestral, instrumental band of sorts. The music is harsh when it has to be, but is for the most part flowing, melodic, and soothing. I think Bard, Jhin, Janna, and Kindred would be good picks for it too.
Hm. I guess you're right. I think I've just been extra frustrated this year after seeing many good opportunities for Taliyah to be getting another skin and not seeing anything (I'm not counting her esports skin). Seeing yet another possibility being scraped away kinda hurt. Sorry. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for any potential Taliyah skins until the end of the year... And then maybe next year... Hopefully they don't disappoint.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EtfZg87A,comment-id=0000000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-18T00:12:52.941+0000) > > That's a pretty subjective statement. It's fine if they're just not your style, but you can't deny that A LOT of people like them. Like, a lot. It even caught the attention of people who don't play League of Legends. Its just objectively not that great a skin. Id even say infernal is a much higher quality, and nurse still is her best skin to date.
Err... How? They're all pretty good skins in my book, and K/DA Akali even has different effects from Nurse Akali, which makes it pretty fancy. Again, it's subjective. K/DA Akali, Nurse Akali, and Infernal Akali succeed in fitting into their respective skinlines, which objectively, makes them all good skins. It's then up to the players' personal tastes of what they prefer/think is the best. How is K/DA Akali an objectively bad skin? Are you sure it's not just because of subjective opinion?
Sukishoo (NA)
: True Damage skins T-Shirt leaked.
***No Taliyah?????*** I'm literally this close to start throwing rocks.
: Yeah but both Anivia and Nunu are somewhat unpopular, definitely not MF/Ezreal levels of popular. I think a Rioter even admitted that they were a flop because Anivia and Nunu just aren't popular. But they also learned their lesson with the BA skins too. Its getting to the point where the skins for popular champions are becoming basic and disappointing because they can't compare to what they already have. Like, how is True Damage Akali going to top K/DA?
Someone wrote a thread here about the Battle Academia skins, and there was one comment pointed out that it looked like Riot wanted the BA skins to be the next Star Guardians. Unfortunately, I don't think the BA skins were really as much as a hit as the SG skins. Honestly? I think the same thing is happening here. Riot wants to follow up on the success with K/DA with these new True Damage skins, even bringing back another Champion who already had a similar thematic in hopes that they would sell. But I think you're right about True Damage Akali not being able to top off K/DA. I'm hoping that maybe I'm proven wrong, since I do like the idea of Qiyana, Ekko, and Senna being in a music group. But I've already seen some people angry online about the fact that Akali is getting yet another skin similar to how they reacted to BA Ezreal and Lux, so I already have my doubts.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EtfZg87A,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-17T23:22:45.616+0000) > > Yeah but both Anivia and Nunu are somewhat unpopular, definitely not MF/Ezreal levels of popular. I think a Rioter even admitted that they were a flop because Anivia and Nunu just aren't popular. > > But they also learned their lesson with the BA skins too. Its getting to the point where the skins for popular champions are becoming basic and disappointing because they can't compare to what they already have. Like, how is True Damage Akali going to top K/DA? I mean, K/DA in general is pretty bad lets be real.
That's a pretty subjective statement. It's fine if they're just not your style, but you can't deny that A LOT of people like them. Like, a lot. It even caught the attention of people who don't play League of Legends.
: > [{quoted}](name=TyRamos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uKYlfLKG,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-10-09T00:11:08.215+0000) > > Meh. No name female artists and shows only female champs. Kinda boring song. I do not feel like that is boring. Having female champions is lovely instead of hot headed,senseless gun-fighting male champions just shooting around.
Lmao, I actually really liked this cinematic *because* of the fact that it featured the ladies. I guess that goes to show that tastes are subjective when it comes to certain things...
Terozu (NA)
: Yuumi doesn't have a god weapon. She's the head master's pet.
Yuumi doesn't have a God-Weapon, yet she's still in the skinline. Like Warwick not being human or having weapons, but being in the PROJECT skinline anyways. I can still see Taliyah and Zoe as potential candidates for BA. If Yuumi can get in for a justifiable reason, then so can those two.
Terozu (NA)
: Because the skinlines lore is about a school where students recieve power from wielding God Weapons? How can someone who _isnt using a god weapon_, be _recieving the power of a god weapon_? Also pretty sure we had a Rioter state outright that Taliyah was vetoed for not having a weapon? Where did anyone say that people in the god weapon skinline could not have weapons?
If they can find a way to make Warwick fit into the PROJECT skinline, then I'm sure they can find a way to make Taliyah or Zoe work in Battle Academia. Yuumi is already stretching the definition of having a God Weapon preeeetty far. STILL salty we didn't get that BA Taliyah...
Comentários de Rioters
Terozu (NA)
: Janna's story was about Zoe, not Ahri. Zoe was a member of the first generation. Ahri is younger than Syndra and Janna.
I actually doubt that's the case. I agree that it isn't Ahri for the reasons you stated, but I don't think it's Zoe either. SG Zoe's official skin bio states that she was one of the original Star Guardians, but she desired chaos instead of love and twisted her power for evil. It's heavily implied she turned against her own team, and outright said she destroys other Star Guardians. That's a very big contradiction to the description of the story, where the Star Guardian there loved her team deeply, and became angry and turned away from First Star when her team died. So unless Riot is outright lying to us in Zoe's bio, or Janna got the details of the story very, VERY wrong, I really don't think it's Zoe. Also, I don't think the lone Star Guardian in the ghost story has to be one of the original Star Guardians like Zoe? She has to be very old obviously, but I don't think that automatically makes her one of the original Guardians. I mean, it COULD be, but it doesn't have to. There's even the possibility that it really is just a story? Like maybe it isn't real (I think one member of the team questioned it being real) and it's just a reference to Ahri's state of thought (since this was the story that introduced us all to her). I don't think it's correct, but until it's proven otherwise there is a possibility that it's just a ghost story.
: Riot really should change the names of zoe,rakan and zayah since they're not star guardians.
I heavily agree. Neeko is the only one that should keep the Star Guardian name. Zoe, Xayah, and Rakan need something that actually suits them, like Dark Guardian, or Corrupted Guardian, or Fallen Guardian.
GenoXx (NA)
: I'm convinced she's not even on the schedule for this yr.
I've seen some leaks that she is part of a different skinline for this year. Don't really know how legit they are though. As much as I really want Taliyah to get a SG skin, it was probably better that she was left out this year. She doesn't fit the whole corruption thing they have going on this year. Hopefully she makes a comeback as a regular SG later on with other heavily requested Champions (Taric, Sona).
GenoXx (NA)
: I'd just like a logical reason as to why Taliyah wasn't a star guardian candidate.
The one reason that I would forgive Riot for leaving Taliyah out this time would be if Taliyah is slotted for a different skin this year. And I sure hope that's the case. Taliyah is probably one of the most requested Champions for SG, and I'll be mad if she doesn't get a skin this year.
Comentários de Rioters
Sukishoo (NA)
: New splashes and a leak into the new ADC
The Elderwood skins look really good! I'm probably going to buy the Ahri skin. The Infernal skins are alright, I guess. The splash art doesn't really look all that great tbh. They all look hard to tell apart on the same splash art, but the game models are pretty okay. The potential Champion teaser is my biggest point of interest though. My guess is that it's the splash of their new Champion's first skin. I'm already quite interested what this new Champion might be like!
: same with the Battle Academia skins.
Do you mind me asking to elaborate on this subject? Is it because the BA skins themselves are bad? Or is it simply the choice of Champions? Not trying to argue with you, just curious what you mean exactly.
: Well, yes and no for the "we don't know that much about Ixtal" thing. While you are right that we don't have that much information about what they consider elements, based on the descriptions for the images on the Ixtal page, we can make the assumption that they are more concerned in mastering the art of manipulating the material/physical world rather than things like light and shadow/darkness. I feel like if they considered light and darkness elements, there would have been mention of that somewhere. Though, perhaps it was purposefully left out on the off chance that the marksman is Ixtali, and that bit about light and darkness will be added with their release.
Maybe that's the new Champion's shtick? Maybe the fact that they're from Ixtal, but have light/dark manipulation is what's supposed to make them unique in the universe? Maybe you're right about Ixtal not using light and dark elements typically... But that doesn't mean they never use it at all. This new Champion could be that one unique exception. Also, the architecture looks close enough to be Ixtalian to me, so it's still a prime suspect along with the Blessed Isles right now.
: Can Ixtal get some development please?
Oh boy, now this I feel pretty passionately about... I really do wish Riot gave more attention of this region and shared more facts about it. Like a video, similar to the ones they did on Ionia and Targon. Heck, even a story specific to the region that introduces us to its daily life and culture, like how "Progress Day" did for Piltover or "City of Iron and Glass" did for Zaun. A couple of vague facts and pictures, plus a short color story and two bios taking place there (one of them being like, 3 sentences long) is sadly abysmal. And I think it contributed to Ixtal being a lackluster and underwhelming reveal despite them being a whole new region for the longest time in League's history. It's a pretty big deal! Yet it barely got anything! I'm so disappointed with this especially because Ixtal sounds like such a cool region and I would love to know more about it! I would absolutely love to see their culture, their way of living, their religions or spiritual beliefs, their systems of controlling the elements, their government and politics, their conflict with Piltover (which is maddeningly watered down and simplified and I am honestly pissed how underused and underexplored this subplot is right now), the fact that they're home to Malphite and the DRAGONS (!!!!!), the rules of elemental magic itself! There's so many things that could be explored in a new region such as Ixtal, and it makes me so sad thinking about it. To be honest, I'm not too mad about the metal-people idea being scrapped - I'm fine with Ixtal how it is - but if they did go with it, I wouldn't have complained at all! It's a pretty creative idea, and it definitely would have helped Qiyana have more of a memorable character design.
: I mean the issue with Ahri is that they changed her personality entirely depending on her skins. Base, she's a fluffy and innocent, if seductive fox-turned-human. As Popstar and K/DA (same Ahri), she's a confident but sympathetic individual. As Star Guardian, she's a complete alpha girl that's very un-Ahri-like. SG Jinx is still very much her Jinx-y self. She's an extroverted, fun-loving, rebellious individual, but rather than simply being about that, now has an added angle of liking her fellow star guardian friends. Kat, indeed, would be fairly similar to MF as a SG, because their base personalities are similar as well. As usual, there'd be the added angle of a friendlier, softer Kat as part of a SG group rather than this cold-blooded Noxian killer.
Hm, I actually don't see it as that big of an issue. SG Ahri is still very charming and sly, even if she's not innocent and fluffy, so I still think she's Ahri-like enough. I think it's totally okay to tweak the personality of a Champion for the sake of a skinline (just as long as they resemble the original character enough to be recognizable). The same thing happened with SG Jinx. Same character with a few major tweaks. SG Jinx is definitely among the best examples of doing it right, I think we can agree with that. The biggest issue I have with the possibility of a regular SG Katarina is the fact that she *would* be fairly similar to SG MF. Yes, they are similar in the lore too when you think about it, but it's their motivations and backgrounds that help them set each other apart. If they were both Star Guardians, then they would have to have a similar background and motivations as well, therefore taking away more of their differences and making them feel like the same character. I'm worried about the possibility of a SG Sona for this reason too. I think it would be dangerously easy for an SG Sona to feel more like an SG Soraka 2,0 rather than her own character, therefore making the characters of skinline feel reductive and stale. This is why I'm supportive of a dark SG, or SG-adjacent Katarina rather than an actual SG Kata. It helps give Katarina more options for background, motivations, and even personality so she can different from MF.
: It's just sad they offcially try to take apart a soulmate like garen and taric but force them to be with women to avoid bais on underground gay love.
Err, okay friend. You do you. I'll admit, I ship Katarina with someone else more than I do with Garen. But that doesn't mean I'm disinterested in KataGaren itself. I'm open to multishipping. It's just Riot hasn't really given me any fuel for me to like this ship right now, and if all they do is lines here and there and easter eggs in splash arts then I won't be any more enthusiastic.
: What about the Immortal Journey skinline? Could she be a good fit there?
Since Talon got one as well, yeah! I could see an Immortal Journey skin happening for Kata! The only potential issue would be that she already has a Warring Kingdoms skin, since those two skinlines are slightly similar in terms of aesthetics, but the color schemes and special effects would probably be different enough to make it work.
: I love it JUST MAKE IT A THING RIOT STOP THIS TEASING
Hmm, I hope they do something about it soon too. Honestly, all of this teasing without actually showing what their relationship is like or even how they meet is making me kinda annoyed. And that's a shame because I actually want to like the ship, but I can't bring myself to like it if there's absolutely nothing there.
: Thoughts of Skins: Katarina
Oh, I would REALLY like to see a Marauder type skin for Kata. Or any kinds of Marauder skins, really. I think the lore and the aesthetic is really unique, and something that Kata would fit, and would bring something new to the table (specifically, the armor). For a Star Guardian type skin, I think I would prefer her not actually being a Star Guardian? But still a part of the SG universe, like a dark SG as you said. I think it would help her stand as her own character instead of feeling stale. Plus, stars and sparkles would be a cool VFX change for her.
: To be fair, that "better candidates for Star Guardian" argument applies for Syndra, but she worked out. A "confident, good and knows it" SG Kat would be very much in line for being very Kat-like while still being a purely good Star Guardian in the same way Jinx and Syndra are.
They would have to be really careful about it, though. The issue I personally see is too many characters becoming similar to another. For example, they can't really do another shady, mysterious, may-possibly-actually-be-bad-but-you-never-know character as a Star Guardian, because then that character would feel like a Syndra 2.0 more than anything. A "confident, good and knows it" SG Kat runs the risk of being too similar to SG Jinx, Miss Fortune, or even Ahri character-wise. Katarina is going to need more traits unique to herself so that she can stand out in an already pretty diverse lineup, while simultaneously still fitting the SG theme. Not to say that they can't do it. I would be willing to see if they could pull it off. Personally though, Katarina might be better off maybe being a fully bad guy, like a Dark Star Guardian, or another type of role in the SG universe without actually being an SG. That would open up more potential options for her and would eliminate the risk of her feeling like a stale character.
Helmight (NA)
: Our first entry for Irelia, and boy is it a doozy. I absolutely love the connection between Irelia's past and her new life after being PROJECT-ed (PROJECt-ified? We need a verb for whatever it is they do to people), and how her dancing is how she connects the two. I also appreciate how you gave her motivation to join up with the others - not revenge, but peace of mind. It sets her apart, but still keeps her involved in the reckoning. Nicely done, Purple!
Aaaaaaa, sorry this reply is late, but thank you so much! I'm glad to have participated!
Helmight (NA)
: PROJECT: Reckoning fanfic competition!
PROJECTs do not seek indulgence. They do not ponder emotions, or look for meaning in anything. They are given objectives and expected to complete it in timely manners, with the sharpest precision. Practicality is what’s expected of them, and they deliver on what they were built to do. But dancing is not practical. It’s frivolous, a waste of precious time and stamina, self-indulgent. Its frowned upon and sneered at among PROJECTs, for deviating from the standards they were supposed to follow, for being an imperfect machine. Every movement she makes, every motion of the dance she follows, feels like rebellion. But Irelia embraces it, because it’s all she has left. Of everything they have taken from her, the memories of the dances, of a semblance of home, family, and comfort, they’re all she remembers now. She had tried to regain her humanity, grabbing and holding on to all she had remaining and refusing to give it up. She had lashed out, with pain and fury in her metal heart, an intense feeling that ached for the losses she couldn’t remember. She had killed, turned their own weapons against them, spilled red and black, almost tore her way out of their steel buildings. And when they finally caught her, PROJECT threw her away to die in the wastes outside their walls. With the spirit she refused to let PROJECT take away from her, she made a name for herself, and despite her reluctance, she became their legend, their figure of hope and strength. Their leader. And she found a strange new comfort in them, persevering through dangers together. Almost like a family. Whenever Irelia was alone and safe, she danced. She recited all the movements she could remember, searching and piecing them together from the depths of her scattered brain, artificially wiped of the person she once was and then filled with the wires and chips that connected her to her cybernetic blades. Once they had hacked her spirit to weaponize her for their own gain, but now she used what they did to her own benefit. Then the Outcasts arrived, people like her that were stripped of their souls, and then discarded. They were angry, vengeful, sometimes glitching in general insanity. They wanted to take down the one who abandoned them, and they wanted her to join them. Yes, she was angry, and she too craved revenge. But what made her accept their offer was a piece of overarching fear in the back of her mind, an uncomfortable, unbearable emotion she hadn’t felt before and wanted to get rid of. The fear that she will lose anything that mattered to her. Her new family, her emotions, her own life. Her dances. Irelia hears a wolf’s howl, sees PROJECT’s logo, thinks about what they have already taken from her and how they used her. And she knows she needs to stop them. She needs to stop them, before they come to finish what they started, to destroy everything she has. (499 words total, checked in a word document)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lady Faceless,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pgsMgYaH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-19T13:05:28.884+0000) > > I would like to mention that I don't really care for Akali much nor for this new butch of PROJECT: skins but here is my take to this. > > A skin is always an alternative university, which mean a chracater can have different goals and point of views. > We have skins like Harbringer Kassadin, Forsaken Jayce and Dark Star Karma which make them "evil" while we have skins like Justicar Syndra and Aatrox which are suppose to make them good. > There is nothing wrong if a champion has different personality or take for an alt!verse. > A skin is not a failure because it tries to highlight different aspects of a personality. > Nobody complained about Dark Star Karma, which turned her into a space destroying monster. > Why is Akali a different case? well oddly enough, people did complain about karma yet people also said "skins can also subvert expectations. dont know why Akali isnt the same , especially since she simply subverts the rogue theme by being a double agent, meaning she fits the theme in an out of the box sorta way
Yeah, I think there were some people who complained about Dark Star Karma. But I can still see the point of changing personalities in an alternative universe. But I object that PROJECT Akali still fits the rogue theme. If she were truly a rogue, she wouldn't be with the Outcasts OR with PROJECT. But since the lore so far seems to imply she's with PROJECT, she's not a rogue at all. She's just another one of PROJECT's lackeys. I wouldn't have disliked it as much if Akali was a Vayne-type of character, someone who doesn't like the Outcasts or PROJECT corporation. I think the reason I don't like her current direction in the lore isn't really because she's not a good guy anyone, but because she very clearly is serving a big bad without any indication of conflict, and that stands against her canon characterization as a rogue character.
Exibir mais

AnotherPurple379

Nível 45 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão