: The Legend, the Hero, and the GODS
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/IAmLegend25028.jpg
Anu3isII (EUNE)
: As an old Karma player, I wish she went back to her roots of a Battlemage/Enchanter. Bringing both Utility and DPS in the middle of fights and being more oriented towards dealing close Range AoE Damage over Single-Target Burst or Long Range Poke. One thing is sure tho: her Q needs a heavy rework (since it drains most of her power budget) and her W needs at least some heavy number balancing, if not a full rework. As you said, her skillset seems an amalgamation of contradictions with no clear direction of how it's supposed to function. I don't say she should be streamlined into one or two classes. I'm saying that from all perspectives, she doesn't seem amazing in any class because her kit isn't fully designed to support any class. However one plays Karma, they will most probably have 1 core ability and the rest of the kit would feel mediocre at best.
> As an old Karma player, I wish she went back to her roots of a Battlemage/Enchanter. Bringing both Utility and DPS in the middle of fights and being more oriented towards dealing close Range AoE Damage over Single-Target Burst or Long Range Poke. This. Old Karma "didn't work" because she was a late-game scaling support that favored tanks over carries. Which shouldn't be a problem on modern league.
: [Discussion]: How to fix Glacials
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=A1jgiHob,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-15T08:36:12.059+0000) > > *"Stuns are an outlet against damage heavy teams, otherwise the player with the biggest sword wins."* > ~ Riot > ... Or something along that line. Not an exact quote. > > ------------ > > Basically, Riot kept Glacial because it was an alternative to having "tons of damage!" See also, Wardens and Light. > > Of course, It also flies in the face of their decision to minimize hard-counters in set 2. Since the near perma-stun nature of Glacial is able to hard-counter some comps while soft-countering every comp. > > Glacial wouldn't even be so bad, if Riot had taken into account how Proc chance interacts with high attack speeds. Maybe if they gave it a per-target cooldown or something along that line? > > **Glacial:** Attacks have a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every X seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *5 second cooldown.* > > Heck, at that point, we could even make it a team-wide buff to open up more comps! > > **Glacial:** all allies' attacks have a X% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every Y seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *10% chance with 15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *20% chance with 10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *30% chance with 5 second cooldown.* > **9 Glacial:** *50% chance with 3 second cooldown.* (Because someone will pull it off eventually)
: Neeko's Help not working in TFT
Neeko can't be used on a champion with 3 items. Apparently it does take an item slot briefly.
: thematically, why is thresh a support?
By his own admission, CertainlyT never designed Thresh to be a support. Because of his utility, Riot declared him their annual support champion (that used to be a thing). It wasn't until taking some Congress-grade nerfs for being a Tank-jungle-mage-ADC that Thresh settled as a support. If you really want to see a lore disconnect though, look up the old Aatrox teasers. Everyone thought he would be a support... Up until he wasn't. (>_>)
: I can easily get behind that cynicism, but please explain how and why they wanted NeuroCat to work on her?
I was gone from league when that happened, but it doesn't really detract from my statement. Riot *has* made efforts to to address her and they seem to back off every time. If memory serves, there was an instance before NC (and dev corner) that also got some attention and was shut down. And there may well be another attempt in the future. My point isn't that they *shouldn't* address her, it's that they are not incentivized to do so. The cost benefit analysis for anything short of divine inspiration just makes her PR nightmare.
: About Those Karma Buffs - Riot Can We Talk?
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gUPtai8E,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-12T02:40:45.670+0000) > > Nothing probably. And from their standpoint, that's probably the right decision. > Riot Shot themselves in the foot with Karma. The relaunch split her fan-base between new and old. The following mini-rework split her fan-base *again* into 3 - one for each build. Any core changes they make to her at this point will piss off 3/4 (or more) of her fan-base. Her win rate may not be perfect, but she not in a bad spot and nothing is overbearingly broken. Keeping her net-neutral state is the best thing they can do from a PR standpoint (Not causing more bad press than they already have) and a resource standpoint (investing into more problematic champions). > > I would love to see her addressed. I would love even more to see Old Karma revived. But I don't see where Riot as *any* reasonable incentive to do either.
: Seriously, though, has everyone just forgotten that Sona exists?
What do you mean? Sona is the best fish in league! {{champion:267}}
: The top 1% should keep all the trolls
Ugh, this again. How many times do we have to prove that trickle down trollonomics don't work? EDIT: Did someone say, Aragami? https://images.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/feature_how_aragami_shadow_edition_aims_to_stealthily_win_over_switch_ninjas/large.jpg
: It’s almost impossible to get an S on Neeko
> You walk in, try to Ult and then get deleted by a fucking Soraka I swear to god. Why are you bringing a lizard into my top lane? This is goat territory!
: > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T02:42:41.888+0000) > > {{champion:37}} {{item:3007}} {{item:3174}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3853}} Why yes they can! ;p Get that RoA outta here now
: Sorry but your example doesn't fit at all. -Supp items don't have mana regen anymore -You know how damn expensive are those items you (randomly?) put there? With the supp item penalty A Sona should have like 20 kills to get that gold. -Sona HAS to build tear cos she's mana hungry in early game. It's not even enough alone. If she doesn't buy it and uses like 2 w's she's almost omm. -Rabadon has no mana or mana regen too... Honestly...what are you talking about?!
: > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T02:42:41.888+0000) > > {{champion:37}} {{item:3007}} {{item:3174}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3853}} Why yes they can! ;p That's sadly very unrealistic for a support budget, but I'm assuming you're just messing around, I used to love that build when I was picking up the game. XD Im happy AP Sona bot actually did enter the META for a bit with Taric that was the dream come true.
I remember Soraka Taric bot lane. Good times. XD And yes, that post was a joke.
Xavanic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-01T02:39:16.918+0000) > > Nah, that's just CertainlyT. XD > > ----------------------- > > Jokes aside. It's probably more about running low on design space ideas and less about direction. There's only so many different ways you can apply a shield. > > In that respect, HotS has a huge advantage. They're not working with Riot's decade old spaghetti code and don't have to balance around universal items. This opens up their design space considerably and enables things like Cho'gall, Deathwing (soon), Abathur, and TLV. oh i know, i got my gold saved up for deathwing, hoping heroes gains more momentum one day, it definitely deserves it
It won't. In fact, it's actually in the middle of a slow death right now. Has been ever since Actvision/Blizzard (Not to be confused with just Blizzard) Spontaneously canceled the E-sports scene (which went over just *great* with those involved parties), and cut the dev team down to a skeleton crew. The fact that it gets continued updates at all is actually a small miracle.
: > Senna can't spam heals without running out of mana. Do you think Nami, Sona, Soraka or Taric can spam heal without running out of mana? And yes, Soraka does have a mana and HP cost to her W
{{champion:37}} {{item:3007}} {{item:3174}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3853}} Why yes they can! ;p **EDIT:** Because jokes are hard, let's try this build instead... {{champion:44}} {{item:3003}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3027}}
Xavanic (NA)
: this is why ive started playing HoTS, snowballing is almost non-exsistant, and on top of this the game is less stressful, also lol is just gonna keep getting worse with their champs, soon we will have a healer tank assassin hybrid, its like they have no set goal in mind for a champ and just want them to do everything now a days
>its like they have no set goal in mind for a champ and just want them to do everything now a days Nah, that's just CertainlyT. XD ----------------------- Jokes aside. It's probably more about running low on design space ideas and less about direction. There's only so many different ways you can apply a shield. In that respect, HotS has a huge advantage. They're not working with Riot's decade old spaghetti code and don't have to balance around universal items. This opens up their design space considerably and enables things like Cho'gall, Deathwing (soon), Abathur, and TLV.
Senamz13 (NA)
: Olaf needs nerfs in TFT
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=eM930PE5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:48:06.552+0000) > > Nerf Glacial, not Olaf. > Or, preferably, both. But Glacial needs it more. Riot still doesn't seem to understand how AS interacts with on-hit chance. . . . > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=egEBNfBm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-23T19:51:03.835+0000) > > Just for fun, Lets look at a 2 glacial, 2-star Olaf with no items, since he's the most complained about (And has internal AS scaling with Ragnarok that we can use to demonstrate AS's impact). > > Olaf AS: 0.85 -> 1.7 / 2.215 / 3.4 > > 20% chance to stun for 1.5 seconds at 2.215 attacks per second ; convert to 3.3225 attacks per 1.5 seconds. > So 3 attacks gives a 1 - [(0.8)^3] = 0.488. > > So an ulting Olaf with No items has an almost 49% chance to stun a target again before the previous stun ends. > > - A **4 glacial, 2-star Olaf** would have a 35% chance to stun on-hit, giving him an {1 - [(0.65)^3] = 0.725375} approximately **73%** chance to re-stun. > - A **6 glacial 2-star Olaf** with 50% proc chance will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.5)^3] = 0.875} almost **88%**. > - A **2-glacial, 3 star Olaf** (Good luck) with 5.1 attacks per 1.5 seconds would have an {1 - [(0.8)^5] = 0.67232} approximately **67%** chance to re-stun a target. > - A **4 glacial, 3-star Olaf**will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.65)^5] = 0.8839709375‬} about **88%**. > - Heaven forbid, you get **6 glacial 3-star olaf** {1 - [(0.5)^5] = 0.96875}. Almost **97%** chance they will never move.
: What's the counter to hyper-rushing light?
Light is a very late game comp and surviving with them that long can be rough - more so than normal, at least. The individual units also tend to be pretty lack-luster since they're... You know... *supposed* to die. Getting assassins into their back line before the Light buffs start rolling in will hurt them a lot. Spreading grievous Wounds, more than any other arch-type, will cripple them. Dodge chance can help keep you're units alive longer, though buff stacking will cause their last few units will have so much attack speed as to effectively ignore it. Also, like Glacial, most of Light's damage comes from Auto Attacks, so Armor and Wardens can help.
: Would seem we have the same solution (because it's the best solution). This is from one of my posts: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/teamfight-tactics/eUvTY6nV-1-small-change-that-could-fix-every-cc-issue-now-and-in-the-future > [{quoted}](name=GravenFear,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=eUvTY6nV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-21T01:28:36.158+0000) > > - When a champion is hit with cc (glacial, sword-breaker, etc.) count that as the first cc of that type. > - While a champion has 1 cc of a type, prevent any more cc of that type being applied (which I believe, currently this just refreshes the cooldown of the existing cc). > - Once a cc expires, prevent that same cc from being applied again for 1 to 0.5 seconds (this allows the champion with a full mana bar to get a cast off). > > I'm a programmer and I know even without seeing the code that this would only require 10-30 lines of code to implement (which isn't a lot considering the entire game is probably upwards of 1000 lines of code) > > This would still allow stacked cc to disabled a champion (glacial + sword-breaker) but at least let the champion cast so they're not a wasted unit for the entire round duration. > I'm sure your entire player base would appreciate this change, TFT Dev team, because no one enjoys having their entire team (or just a single unit) be completely useless the entire round. > > We all know Olaf is a problem now but even without him you have cleaving glacial from voli... or just put a sword-breaker + hurricane on sivir and now you get the pleasure of wasting 10 seconds as your entire team stands still and dies.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=A1jgiHob,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-15T08:36:12.059+0000) > > *"Stuns are an outlet against damage heavy teams, otherwise the player with the biggest sword wins."* > ~ Riot > ... Or something along that line. Not an exact quote. > > ------------ > > Basically, Riot kept Glacial because it was an alternative to having "tons of damage!" See also, Wardens and Light. > > Of course, It also flies in the face of their decision to minimize hard-counters in set 2. Since the near perma-stun nature of Glacial is able to hard-counter some comps while soft-countering every comp. > > Glacial wouldn't even be so bad, if Riot had taken into account how Proc chance interacts with high attack speeds. Maybe if they gave it a per-target cooldown or something along that line? > > **Glacial:** Attacks have a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every X seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *5 second cooldown.* > > Heck, at that point, we could even make it a team-wide buff to open up more comps! > > **Glacial:** all allies' attacks have a X% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every Y seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *10% chance with 15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *20% chance with 10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *30% chance with 5 second cooldown.* > **9 Glacial:** *50% chance with 3 second cooldown.* (Because someone will pull it off eventually) Joining in on the fun!
: Braum needs better AI
Braum's shield targets the furthest enemy unit, that's why it targets assassins so often. It may sound counter-intuitive, but try not putting him in the front row if you're having a consistent problem with assassins. Not really a "better AI" solution, but should help out in the interim.
: Glacial, why are they even here?
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=A1jgiHob,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-15T08:36:12.059+0000) > > *"Stuns are an outlet against damage heavy teams, otherwise the player with the biggest sword wins."* > ~ Riot > ... Or something along that line. Not an exact quote. > > ------------ > > Basically, Riot kept Glacial because it was an alternative to having "tons of damage!" See also, Wardens and Light. > > Of course, It also flies in the face of their decision to minimize hard-counters in set 2. Since the near perma-stun nature of Glacial is able to hard-counter some comps while soft-countering every comp. > > Glacial wouldn't even be so bad, if Riot had taken into account how Proc chance interacts with high attack speeds. Maybe if they gave it a per-target cooldown or something along that line? > > **Glacial:** Attacks have a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every X seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *5 second cooldown.* > > Heck, at that point, we could even make it a team-wide buff to open up more comps! > > **Glacial:** all allies' attacks have a X% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every Y seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *10% chance with 15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *20% chance with 10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *30% chance with 5 second cooldown.* > **9 Glacial:** *50% chance with 3 second cooldown.* (Because someone will pull it off eventually) (I seem to be doing a lot of copy/paste recently...)
: Olaf in TFT is TOO STRONG
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=eM930PE5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:48:06.552+0000) > > Nerf Glacial, not Olaf. > Or, preferably, both. But Glacial needs it more. Riot still doesn't seem to understand how AS interacts with on-hit chance. . . . > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=egEBNfBm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-23T19:51:03.835+0000) > > Just for fun, Lets look at a 2 glacial, 2-star Olaf with no items, since he's the most complained about (And has internal AS scaling with Ragnarok that we can use to demonstrate AS's impact). > > Olaf AS: 0.85 -> 1.7 / 2.215 / 3.4 > > 20% chance to stun for 1.5 seconds at 2.215 attacks per second ; convert to 3.3225 attacks per 1.5 seconds. > So 3 attacks gives a 1 - [(0.8)^3] = 0.488. > > So an ulting Olaf with No items has an almost 49% chance to stun a target again before the previous stun ends. > > - A **4 glacial, 2-star Olaf** would have a 35% chance to stun on-hit, giving him an {1 - [(0.65)^3] = 0.725375} approximately **73%** chance to re-stun. > - A **6 glacial 2-star Olaf** with 50% proc chance will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.5)^3] = 0.875} almost **88%**. > - A **2-glacial, 3 star Olaf** (Good luck) with 5.1 attacks per 1.5 seconds would have an {1 - [(0.8)^5] = 0.67232} approximately **67%** chance to re-stun a target. > - A **4 glacial, 3-star Olaf**will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.65)^5] = 0.8839709375‬} about **88%**. > - Heaven forbid, you get **6 glacial 3-star olaf** {1 - [(0.5)^5] = 0.96875}. Almost **97%** chance they will never move.
: olaf srsly have no counter play against.
Nerf Glacial, not Olaf. Or, preferably, both. But Glacial needs it more. Riot still doesn't seem to understand how AS interacts with on-hit chance.
: Does no one know what synthesize mean? > "The combination of ideas to form a theory or system." For the consideration of who needs a new skin, Yasuo probably rated low on the scale. For other factors, Yasuo likely would've rated higher, along with the other champions. You'll see a similar issue with Dunkmaster Ivern, someone who needed a skin, but maybe didn't fit the theme all the way, though I think his personality works for it (his kit doesn't.) They're not a checklist to mark all of them off with, they're just considerations. As much as people say Shen could've fit, in my personal opinion, I don't really see Shen as a hip-hop kinda guy. Hell, his entire thing is about *sticking* to Tradition, which I know skins aren't supposed to stick to champions complete roots, that's just my personal reasoning. Both of them are pretty stoic, and I'm pretty sure Shen is Zed's age, but dang he feels like a Dad.
At least it's not as bad as the bastardization of "meme." > 1 : **an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture** > *Memes (discrete units of knowledge, gossip, jokes and so on) are to culture what genes are to life. Just as biological evolution is driven by the survival of the fittest genes in the gene pool, cultural evolution may be driven by the most successful memes.* > — Richard Dawkins https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meme
: > {{champion:412}} Ruined the support role long before she escaped the lantern. . . Meanwhile by your definition being a catcher is the same as being a marksmen that can be played exactly like an adc, assassin, or mage. Yeah no. Being a support used to mean, "get your teammate ahead and or protect them by any means possible"- which would more often be by self sacrifice. Now a days it is, Get yourself ahead and they can pick up whatever is left behind. Great mentality you fuckers! (sarcasm) {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
. . . What? If you pardon the snark, my [not so obvious] point is that Thresh A) did the free stats thing first, and B) was just as much a problem on release. If you want to know specifically how I view him, here's a quote. > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=1Xd7mZOU,comment-id=0028000600000001,timestamp=2019-11-26T02:21:39.178+0000) > > For the longest time, Darius' counter-play was "don't get within 450 range" (Or what ever hook was). It largely still is. > > Thresh was a god-send to people who hated support, and a nightmare to support mains, for the same reason - He almost single-handedly invalidated every other support champion by doing the job of... All of them. And not a generalist scenario, he was second place to every specialist (except healers). It wasn't until Thresh got nuclear nerfs for laning everywhere else that he finally settled in in bot lane. > The kicker being that, by CertainlyT's own admission, Thresh wasn't designed to be a support. He was just designed with no role or goal in mind, then riot declared him their annual support (that used to be a thing).
Thilmer (EUW)
: Olaf si so overpowered that people puts him in team when he has no sinergy.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=egEBNfBm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-23T19:51:03.835+0000) > > Just for fun, Lets look at a 2 glacial, 2-star Olaf with no items, since he's the most complained about (And has internal AS scaling with Ragnarok that we can use to demonstrate AS's impact). > > Olaf AS: 0.85 -> 1.7 / 2.215 / 3.4 > > 20% chance to stun for 1.5 seconds at 2.215 attacks per second ; convert to 3.3225 attacks per 1.5 seconds. > So 3 attacks gives a 1 - [(0.8)^3] = 0.488. > > So an ulting Olaf with No items has an almost 49% chance to stun a target again before the previous stun ends. > > - A **4 glacial, 2-star Olaf** would have a 35% chance to stun on-hit, giving him an {1 - [(0.65)^3] = 0.725375} approximately **73%** chance to re-stun. > - A **6 glacial 2-star Olaf** with 50% proc chance will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.5)^3] = 0.875} almost **88%**. > - A **2-glacial, 3 star Olaf** (Good luck) with 5.1 attacks per 1.5 seconds would have an {1 - [(0.8)^5] = 0.67232} approximately **67%** chance to re-stun a target. > - A **4 glacial, 3-star Olaf**will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.65)^5] = 0.8839709375‬} about **88%**. > - Heaven forbid, you get **6 glacial 3-star olaf** {1 - [(0.5)^5] = 0.96875}. Almost **97%** chance they will never move.
: Why are Pyke and Senna allowed to be exempt from the support changes?
> [{quoted}](name=TheBentOn3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1Un1Nnog,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-27T19:53:06.777+0000) > >While Senna is over there like “Who needs gold? I get all my stats for free.”. If you are going to kneecap the role at least kneecap everyone. {{champion:412}} Ruined the support role long before she escaped the lantern. . .
: Olaf and Janna are two champs I throw into any comp...
Thresh for me. Hell, there's been plenty of occasion where I ran 2 Thresh, just to double up on the AoE shield.
: what if i told you Aphelios was originally going to have 30 different weapons instead of just 5.
{looks at WoW} Still not enough...
: I wish they would bring it back but its probably not gonna happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Natsu E Dragneel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KLLEQnR2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-26T19:42:15.702+0000) > > I wish they would bring it back but its probably not gonna happen. I'm sure they'll produce a weekend event eventually that is similar. Though Definitely not Twisted Treeline...
: I thought we learned a valuable lesson in overloading kits with Aatrox, Irelia, and Akali but it seems it went in one ear and out the other. Why is is passive a (no joke) actual novel?
Would you expect anything less from CertainlyT's last Hurrah? Honestly, I'm surprised it's as simple as it is... (>_>)
: Looks like Riot is releasing their fps early.
The download keeps bouncing between 12% and 15% in game. :/
: April Fools?
Don't you people have armories?
Probliss (NA)
: You can only balance so much from the design, though. Akali's kit is either op or useless because of the lack of design space her overloaded kit offers. There's no middle ground because of it. Yasuo's wind-wall is stupid, but thresh and darius are cool. Warwick is still boring and Akali is a design disaster of toxic gameplay elements wrapped into her kit.
For the longest time, Darius' counter-play was "don't get within 450 range" (Or what ever hook was). It largely still is. Thresh was a god-send to people who hated support, and a nightmare to support mains, for the same reason - He almost single-handedly invalidated every other support champion by doing the job of... All of them. And not a generalist scenario, he was second place to every specialist (except healers). It wasn't until Thresh got nuclear nerfs for laning everywhere else that he finally settled in in bot lane. The kicker being that, by CertainlyT's own admission, Thresh wasn't designed to be a support. He was just designed with no role or goal in mind, then riot declared him their annual support (that used to be a thing).
: Place your bets people: Do you think Aphelios is going to go down in history as the lowest win rate champion during release window?
{{champion:83}} Over my dead body... (No one is going to remember this reference, are they?)
Dranor (NA)
: You can tell it's all out of wack, he has flash on D.
: If everyone had a source of income, game would suck
Dawngate had diversified incomes, and it was fantastic! Different game, granted. But I really wish Riot would adopt Dawngate's role system.
: For real, remove glacial.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=A1jgiHob,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-15T08:36:12.059+0000) > > *"Stuns are an outlet against damage heavy teams, otherwise the player with the biggest sword wins."* > ~ Riot > ... Or something along that line. Not an exact quote. > > ------------ > > Basically, Riot kept Glacial because it was an alternative to having "tons of damage!" See also, Wardens and Light. > > Of course, It also flies in the face of their decision to minimize hard-counters in set 2. Since the near perma-stun nature of Glacial is able to hard-counter some comps while soft-countering every comp. > > Glacial wouldn't even be so bad, if Riot had taken into account how Proc chance interacts with high attack speeds. Maybe if they gave it a per-target cooldown or something along that line? > > **Glacial:** Attacks have a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every X seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *5 second cooldown.* > > Heck, at that point, we could even make it a team-wide buff to open up more comps! > > **Glacial:** all allies' attacks have a X% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every Y seconds (Starting when the stun ends). > **2 Glacial:** *10% chance with 15 second cooldown.* > **4 Glacial:** *20% chance with 10 second cooldown.* > **6 Glacial:** *30% chance with 5 second cooldown.* > **9 Glacial:** *50% chance with 3 second cooldown.* (Because someone will pull it off eventually) Just for fun, Lets look at a 2 glacial, 2-star Olaf with no items, since he's the most complained about (And has internal AS scaling with Ragnarok that we can use to demonstrate AS's impact). Olaf AS: 0.85 -> 1.7 / 2.215 / 3.4 20% chance to stun for 1.5 seconds at 2.215 attacks per second ; convert to 3.3225 attacks per 1.5 seconds. So 3 attacks gives a 1 - [(0.8)^3] = 0.488. So an ulting Olaf with No items has an almost 49% chance to stun a target again before the previous stun ends. - A **4 glacial, 2-star Olaf** would have a 35% chance to stun on-hit, giving him an {1 - [(0.65)^3] = 0.725375} approximately **73%** chance to re-stun. - A **6 glacial 2-star Olaf** with 50% proc chance will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.5)^3] = 0.875} almost **88%**. - A **2-glacial, 3 star Olaf** (Good luck) with 5.1 attacks per 1.5 seconds would have an {1 - [(0.8)^5] = 0.67232} approximately **67%** chance to re-stun a target. - A **4 glacial, 3-star Olaf**will have a re-stun chance of {1 - [(0.65)^5] = 0.8839709375‬} about **88%**. - Heaven forbid, you get **6 glacial 3-star olaf** {1 - [(0.5)^5] = 0.96875}. Almost **97%** chance they will never move.
Jaeus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=G0blinSlay3r,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HocUsdz0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-19T12:05:41.406+0000) > > TT was sadly unpopular. > Why do you think riot populated it with bots? It is exploiting players, not Riot needing to populate a mode that had plenty of queuing players to run unranked matches 24/7. Dominion didn't have this issue and they also removed it for no reason. It cost them nothing to leave the mode in the game. Doom Bots also cost them nothing and yet we some isolated one time thing or only show up rarely when I'm sure a lot of players would enjoy a more difficult pve mode.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaeus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HocUsdz0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-19T14:07:55.999+0000) > Dominion didn't have this issue and they also removed it for no reason. It cost them nothing to leave the mode in the game. Dominion had a massive bot problem preceding it's removal which inhibited the influx of new players. It got to the point that competitive-level Dominion was played using custom games (The absence of ranked didn't help). When Dom got removed, the bots migrated to TT and murdered that map's influx. With TT gone, it's now ARAM's turn.
Kürama (NA)
: You aren't very bright are you?
: Kindred Rework When?
[I'll just re-post this old concept.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/tcA8KJow-another-kindred-rework-idea) Seems relevant.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T12:32:38.896+0000) > > That's not really counterplay, that's just fighting his stats with more stats. His ult was massively buffed to do as much healing with GW applied as it used to do without, meaning that he's balanced around being affected by GW all the time, and GW is required if you want a chance at killing him. GW costs close to nothing.
And yet it's always the Janna that has to get it. XD
: Where the melee statement is true, mundo wont be able to outdmg yasuo through yasuo's sustain. Ill give an example build for both sides where mundo's build is to effectively counter yasuo's build. Tabis + Randuins + Thorn mail mundo vs BT + IE + PD Yasuo (This will get even worse for mundo once yasuo finishes his 4th item (mortal reminder) Note: Mortal reminder may be a better 3rd option in this 1v1 scenario than BT BT = 20% lifesteal Ravenous hunter = 4%-6.5% (2 contributions this could be more considering how yasuo plays it out but for now assuming jungle and top kills) Bloodline = 12% lifesteal Conqueror healing 8% pre-mitagation dmg Overheal = 10% of yasuo's health (130 hp shield) PD Shield 320 hp shield Yasuo passive shied 200 hp shield BT shield 200 hp shield Mundo would have (we'll assume level 11 for both of them for this point in the game): 70+30+80+ 67 (mundo's base armor at level 11) = 247 armor (71% dmg reduction from physical attacks) 1360 + 650 = 2010 health Yasuo would have 88 AD + 70 AD + 80 AD = 238 ad 102% crit dmg -20% from mundo's omen = 82% Yasuo per auto does to mundo 238 *1.82 = 433 dmg *.29 (mundo reduces that dmg with his armor) = 125 dmg then another 12% with tabis = 110 dmg Yasuo heals 36% of this 39.6 thorn mail reduces this by 40%= 24 health per auto Yasuo per Q does to mundo 358 *1.82 = 652 dmg * .29 = 189 dmg * .88 (tabis reduction) = 166 dmg Yasuo heals 36% of it 60 health reduced by 40% = 36 health per Q After 5 attacks of conqueror yasuo's dmg increases to Yasuo dmg per auto 433 dmg * .08 = 35 dmg 433-35 = 398 * .29 = 115 dmg * .88 =102 dmg 102 +35 = 137 dmg per auto Yasuo dmg per Q 652 * .08 = 52 dmg 652 - 52 = 600 * .29 = 174 *153 dmg 153 + 52 = 205 dmg per Q Yasuo heals per auto conqueror = 238 * 2.02 = 481 * .08 = 38 *.6 (reduction from grevious) = 23 health lifesteal = 137 * .36 = 49 * .6 = 30 health overall = 30 + 23 = 53 health Yasuo heals per Q conqueror = 358 * 2.02 = 723 * .08 = 58 health * .6 = 35 health lifesteal = 205 * .36 = 74 *.6 = 44 health overall = 44 +30 = 74 health Yasuo dmg per auto+Q 137 + 205 = 342 dmg Yasuo heal per auto + Q 53+74 = 127 health Mundo heals with ulti 75% of max health = 1500 health 2010 + 1500 = 3510 health 3510 /342 = 10 combos *1.5 (yasuo's cd on his Q) =15 seconds Mundo dies in 15 seconds with his full ult (which lasts 12 seconds and no penalty calculated in his ult) (no -25% current health cost and no ignite from yasuo) Yasuo's Health recovered over 15 seconds 127 *10 = 1270 health yasuo's hp = 1286 + 1270 = 2556 health yasuo's shield = 1050 hp Yasuo effective hp = 3606 health Mundo does 25+ 10% armor (27) = 52 * .71 (reduced by yasuo's base magic resist) = 37 * 20 (procs 20 times) = 743 dmg per auto 92 dmg + 150 (his e dmg) = 242 * .62 = 150 dmg initial E proc 242 + 5% of his max hp = 242 + 101 = 343 *.62 = 213 dmg 15* 150 = 2250 dmg 3 *213 = 639 dmg Mundo dmg in 15 seconds = 743 + 2250 + 639 = 3632 Conclusion: in 15 seconds they both do enough dmg to kill each other. Notes: Yasuo benefits: 1-Did not take any of mundo's health costs into consideration 2-Did not take into account yasuo life steal off minions or trading and lifestealing back up (or just extending the trade by dashing through minions to heal up) 3-Did not take into consideration yasuo E dmg 4-Did not take into consideration yasuo R dmg or pen buff 5-Did not take into consideration ignite or the effects of ignite on mundo's ult Mundos benefits: 1-Did not take into consideration mundos W dmg 2-Did not take into consideration cleaver dmg 3-Did not take into consideration mundos Q dmg (because wind wall and the health cost) 4-Did not take into consideration mundo ignite What this concludes is yasuo wins on a small edge at 3 items and this edge only becomes bigger as yasuo gets more items. Due to the effectiveness of mortal reminder against a 3+ armor item build. Links to everything i used to calculated all of this. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/18920w/armor_chart_for_damage_reduction/ https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Ninja_Tabi https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Thornmail https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Randuin%27s_Omen https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Yasuo https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity_Edge https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Bloodthirster https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Phantom_Dancer https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Conqueror https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_resistance https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Mundo
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxebK67F,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-11-18T16:27:11.003+0000) > Notes: > 4-Did not take into consideration yasuo R dmg While the raw damage on his ult is reasonable for all the restrictions, I feel it's worth reminding [the people that won't read all that] of the 50% bonus armor pen buff Yas gets after using his ult. In a slug-fest like you're describing, that will have a huge impact against Mundo's 3 armor items. Especially if he uses it to start the fight, as many Yasuo's try to do.
: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20170425-00/?p=96035
I've always used an alternate desktop method. Didn't know about the other one. (>_>)
Manxxom (NA)
: "Ocean drake can now make more bushes"
{{champion:427}} It'll get nerfed. Trust me...
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: I smell Zenyata with damage
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.thenounproject.com%2Fpng%2F89200-200.png&f=1&nofb=1
: velkoz and trash can do the same as senna.
{{champion:112}} Q2. Windwall blocks Squid's Q, W , and E though.
: Can we Please fixe camille interaction with yummi ? it Doesnt make any sence
Unless I'm mistaken, Yuumi becomes untargetable the moment she uses W. In which case, what ever CC is being used to keep her in there fails to prevent her escape. Normally, she'd be knocked back in when she becomes targetable again (I believe Tahm Kench's devour works this way), but that doesn't work if she stays attached to an ally (and therefore untargetable) for the ult duration. The thing to test here would be to have Yuumi W while affected by another grounded effect (Cass has one if I recall). If she can't W in that scenario, it's a bug with Camille's ult interaction. If she can W, then it's a case of W not being considered a movement skill (and therefore may be intended). Disclaimer: I haven't played Yuumi or Camille, and barely see them when I do play. So this is all hypothetical.
: Seeing minions yasuo has dashed onto
It's been brought up before. Riot shot it down on the basis of screen/info clutter for his opponent, or something like that.
: Why of all the units to keep you kept glacial?
*"Stuns are an outlet against damage heavy teams, otherwise the player with the biggest sword wins."* ~ Riot ... Or something along that line. Not an exact quote. ------------ Basically, Riot kept Glacial because it was an alternative to having "tons of damage!" See also, Wardens and Light. Of course, It also flies in the face of their decision to minimize hard-counters in set 2. Since the near perma-stun nature of Glacial is able to hard-counter some comps while soft-countering every comp. Glacial wouldn't even be so bad, if Riot had taken into account how Proc chance interacts with high attack speeds. Maybe if they gave it a per-target cooldown or something along that line? **Glacial:** Attacks have a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every X seconds (Starting when the stun ends). **2 Glacial:** *15 second cooldown.* **4 Glacial:** *10 second cooldown.* **6 Glacial:** *5 second cooldown.* Heck, at that point, we could even make it a team-wide buff to open up more comps! **Glacial:** all allies' attacks have a X% chance to stun for 2 seconds on-hit. Each target can only be stunned by Glacial once every Y seconds (Starting when the stun ends). **2 Glacial:** *10% chance with 15 second cooldown.* **4 Glacial:** *20% chance with 10 second cooldown.* **6 Glacial:** *30% chance with 5 second cooldown.* **9 Glacial:** *50% chance with 3 second cooldown.* (Because someone will pull it off eventually)
Exibir mais

Ariel the Cruel

Nível 66 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão