: Your Current Ban and Why
I'm a support main. My bans are {{champion:111}} or {{champion:89}} whichever one of them is open. I ban both of them because until they make their move, you cannot do anything in lane. That's so boring to play against, and when they do miss their engage, you can only punish them a little bit. Your lane won't get a gank against these champions either, so you're left staring at each other in the best case scenario. The most annoying part is they can mess up, but if you or your ADC messes up, you're dead or wasting flash. I prioritize Nautilus because his hitbox is very generous and that's deceptive, so even if you dodge him, he could still get you. More than likely he'll catch your ADC off guard at least once. Another thing is I can't roam either because they'll just dive my ADC and kill him.
: 1 more day left until Soraka and Sona gets gutted from top lane.
So I'm a Soraka main, and I've always been aware of Soraka top, but her and Sona only slipped into the meta in the past couple of weeks. I don't think it was even a thing in any of the metas of 2019. Explain to me how a bandaid like making Soraka a passive champion again is going to fix the issues top lane that culminated in Soraka dominating? Make it make sense luv. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Y'all will really pat Riot on the back for doing the bare minimum.
VvVVvV (NA)
: Stahp Autofilling Me To Jungle PLEASE!
That's so weird because I never get autofilled. I queue up Support/Mid. I've done this since season 6. Before that I played top. I'm in the same ELO as you as well. I'm Gold 4 right now and finished Gold 1 last season playing only support. I didn't get another role even once. I played like 60 or so ranked games this season too. I got placed in Silver 3. Never dipped below that though.
: There aren't any classes that counter assassins anymore
Traditionally CC is supposed to be an assassin's counter, and it was/is sometimes. For example, I main Soraka. The majority of assassins cannot touch me or my ADC until they can bait out my silence/root. If they try to engage without trying to do that, they're doing a coin toss hoping that they can one-shot before I silence them. If they can, then that's great for them. If they can't, they die because they won't be able to get away once silenced. Most enchanters and engage supports have a lock down method. The problem is damage is double what it used to be, so one shots are more common and happen much earlier. That's why it feels like they have no counters most of the time because there are a lot of situations where they get away with a lot more than they used to. Then you got assassins that break the rules like Ekko and Akali. These are champions that can mess up, and still get you, or at the very least get away unscathed. They have abilities to sustain themselves in fights.
HideSide (EUNE)
: Senna is a mistake
I love Senna's design and the idea of a champion using her gun to heal. I just wish her weakness to engage was more pronounced. I think that would be a great way to tone her down immediately. At present she has so many things in her kit that her weakness doesn't matter. She has such a high range, and guess what, there's a lot of other champions that are weak to engage and don't have nearly as much stuff in their kit as she does. While I never want to see her unplayable, people that say she's a vulnerable champ either aren't living in reality or have a serious blind spot. I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but it seems like everyone takes extreme positions when it comes to Senna.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FOVMEekB,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2020-02-16T23:20:24.464+0000) > > But now we said it. > > I had so many games when I was climbing through Silver where my jungler would be camping for a losing top laner while we'd be forced to hold out against several 4 man ganks and then a rift herald being called on us. > > You lose so easily that way because even if you manage to hold out, your towers are gone, they have space to move around, and then they're rotating to mid. Not to mention those ganks add up because they zone you out of lane, so you lose xp/farm making you an easier target to dive. > > I just want to know why low ELO junglers love to throw the game for top. > > We don't even win with top lane being fed. The sad truth is that their lane doesn't really matter and that's why people are abusing enchanters top lane. > > It's just such a bizarre development in League that I have not seen explained anywhere else. Is there logic behind this strat? Is there a pro player/streamer out there in high ELO that is solely camping for top lane? Are they trying to funnel? Do low ELO players not understand how many broken champions are bot lane? > > Like, I don't get it because typically nothing gets done top lane and the rest of the map crumbles under pressure that began bot lane. It's one thing to ignore a losing lane, but ignoring the side of the map with the dragon for no reason seems like an oversight. Because top lane is easier to gank early. Most top laners are slow, immobile champs, and they get 2v1'd without anyone to peel for them. Instead as a jungler you go bot, eat a Leona Q or Nautilus Q and die to the Kai'sa's icathian rain or a MF/caitlyn Q or lose half your health to 2 Jhin autos while CC'd/peeled for. On top of that, bot lane has 2 wards, which allows them to ward tribush/bomb fruit and river, making it far easier to detect ganks than a top laner who has only one ward to deal with. With jungle it's a game of which jungler gets a kill early to get an xp+gold lead and then go invade the enemy jungler with that lead 24/7. If you fail a gank or die during one as a jungler, the game is over for you, you'll be behind a level the enemy jungler and will never be able to 1v1 them when they come invade you and can never contest scuttles. So obviously the safest lane to gank early by lv3 is top side, as junglers after their first clear fall behind enemy laners by 2 levels afterwards and become irrelevant if they can't get early kills.
I know that it's easy to gank top lane early, but what I don't get is why so many junglers stay there for the entire laning phase, giving the enemy team free dragons. While it's true that Leona and Nautilus lanes are ungankable, there's really no reason to ignore bot lane otherwise, especially if you can't get a kill top lane. It is still the lane that will win or lose you the game. Even top laners will tell you that. When bot lane is failing, getting mid ahead is ideal because they can travel with you bot lane to clean up and secure dragon. A lot of top laners are actually resilient to ganks. I used to main champions up there. The ones that aren't obviously should be ganked more. What's trouble for a lot of melee top laners is that they have no defense against ranged champions early game, so they get bullied out of lane. Their issue is not that they die to ganks, it's that they can't even farm against ranged champions. They're a lot harder to dive than most champions mid or bot. As for wards, I completely disagree. Vision nerfs have made it so much more easier to gank bot lane and why you can get zoned. You don't know where or if the camping jungler is. Before you just couldn't move near botlane without being seen because the non-mage support would always build Sightstone on first back. Now there's always at least two blind major spots where the jungler could be early game, and low ELO ADCs don't know what their ward trinket does. It's even worse when enemy bot that is having their jungler camp buys a control war. It makes it so you cannot move up from a tiny safe space near your tower. What I'm talking about is so many times, nothing is happening top, but they keep going there. The enemy jungler is trying to secure dragon, but we're holding on. The enemy bot has two squishy champions hard pushing under the tower. It's basically a free double kill, but our jungler would just go top once again, and not get a kill. This would repeat over and over again. It's happened in so many of my Silver games, and something I've never noticed in previous seasons. I guess top lane being easy to gank early would be a good explanation though. It's just weird.
: Low Elo Bot Lane Is Consistently 4v2
But now we said it. I had so many games when I was climbing through Silver where my jungler would be camping for a losing top laner while we'd be forced to hold out against several 4 man ganks and then a rift herald being called on us. You lose so easily that way because even if you manage to hold out, your towers are gone, they have space to move around, and then they're rotating to mid. Not to mention those ganks add up because they zone you out of lane, so you lose xp/farm making you an easier target to dive. I just want to know why low ELO junglers love to throw the game for top. We don't even win with top lane being fed. The sad truth is that their lane doesn't really matter and that's why people are abusing enchanters top lane. It's just such a bizarre development in League that I have not seen explained anywhere else. Is there logic behind this strat? Is there a pro player/streamer out there in high ELO that is solely camping for top lane? Are they trying to funnel? Do low ELO players not understand how many broken champions are bot lane? Like, I don't get it because typically nothing gets done top lane and the rest of the map crumbles under pressure that began bot lane. It's one thing to ignore a losing lane, but ignoring the side of the map with the dragon for no reason seems like an oversight.
: I feel that would just buff lane soraka just as much, if not more since the faster regen is pretty important for running away from melee bruisers
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M6VuMu0R,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-02-16T09:46:38.566+0000) > > I feel that would just buff lane soraka just as much, if not more since the faster regen is pretty important for running away from melee bruisers How about instead of reverting one of the few good changes they made in the past few years, they buff top lane champions so they aren't helpless against ranged champions. Soraka should stay an interactive champion, and the way they made her interactive was turning her into a lane bully, which is great bot lane where she has counters. Top lane is the issue, and it's an issue that keeps popping up and gets worse and worse. The only other way to keep Soraka viable bot lane is to keep buffing her healing, which was nerfed early game so she didn't stand behind her ADC and just heal all game. That's incredibly toxic to play against and why Yuumi was hit with the nerf bat several times over. They need to start addressing problems head on instead of creating new ones in my opinion. They need to come up with a solution once and for all.
: What's the point of hextech keys if we always have too many?
I thought I was alone. I always see people who are like, "I have 30 boxes and no keys." I don't know how though. They seem to give key fragments out like candy. It seems like every honor I get, there's a key fragment. I have 32 keys.
: If you could make 3 changes to improve the "game". what would they be?and why?
I'd change a lot of things, but these are mostly what I think about every time I load up the game. I used to love playing league, but lately it feels like I'm playing because I used to love it, not because I still do. - Give champions weaknesses again. To be more specific there are two types of design flaws that Riot has been pushing since the Fiora rework, and it's only gotten more extreme. The first type is a class of champions that have no weaknesses period. These champions go back and forth between completely unfair to play against and and nearly unplayable in solo queue. An example would be Yuumi or Akali. They both lack weaknesses of enchanters and assassins respectively. However, there's also champions that are overpowered, but have a weakness, you just barely notice it because they get so many other things in their kit for free. Examples of this would be Senna and Aphelios. They're weak to engage, but so bonkers in every other way it doesn't matter in the end. - Ranked isn't taken seriously, and it's because the only people who get punished are the ones who say bad words or are harassing teammates. I can press mute for the duration of the game. Although, I'd also add that whoever you mute should be muted in end game chat as well. What I can't deal with is inters/griefers/leavers. Those are the players that make me feel powerless because they're wasting my time. There needs to be harsher punishments for these players that bans them from ranked games for a period of time. I'm tired of Riot using such a strict definition when it comes to these serious issues. At present, one has to basically admit to what they're doing in the chat in order to get a punishment. - Funnel resources into creating an efficient client. The current one is just bad. There's no nice way to put it. I've had my client break so many times in just this past three months that it's ridiculous. It's not uncommon for people to freeze during the loading screen, and they usually don't realize until it's too late that the tiny loading icon in the top left hand corner froze. On top of that it's just an eyesore with so many unnecessary aspects. Come to think of it, pretty much the only thing keeping me in this game is a mixture of nostalgia and excitement for the art design/lore aspects of the game. There's just far too many problems with the gameplay right now.
Xhaiden (EUNE)
: Finnaly a proper visual update for Nautilus! 😎
_Finally_, a visual update that reflects the in-game hitbox. For real though, stop joking guys because they might actually buff him again. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Kbee (EUW)
: Ended Gold 3 season 9 went 5/5 in placements got bronze 1 season 10.
Sadly, that is a normal placement this season for your rank. I was Gold 1 last season. I've been Gold every season since season 5, and got placed in Silver 3. What I did in placements didn't seem to matter. It just wants to set you back a whole division or more so that you grind. I hate it. Ranked is horrible right now. Too many people in Silver play 80 different champions. They split push instead of grouping. They don't play around dragon, and most importantly in 2020, they are banning none or banning something stupid like Gnar. It makes me want to tear my hair out because I only get 1 ban, _and there's so many broken champions to choose from_. God, I remember seasons ago there would be like 3-4 must ban champions within a certain patch. Now there's at least 12. At the same time, you're against opponents who aren't really Silver like you are, which makes everything feel worse. There's nothing like seeing a hardstuck Silver Riven who banned Rumble go 0/7/0 into a Mordekaiser who was Plat 3 least season. It's great that we've been put this far back. Feels totally fair and not like a coin toss at all. I made it back to Gold though. Gold 4 to be exact. I only care about rewards, so I doubt I'll want to climb. Getting put back so far really makes you not want to play.
: thats my point. he wants to "CARRY" well gotta go damage. people suggesting naut/leona which are great supports, really strong but if you dont have a capable adc who wont follow up, wont do damage, dont know how to then you are worthless as one of these champs. at least with the list i provided they can not only carry damage they can and do have the ability to solo kill
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=owcrvlmg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2020-02-14T02:58:34.515+0000) > > thats my point. > > he wants to "CARRY" well gotta go damage. > > people suggesting naut/leona which are great supports, really strong but if you dont have a capable adc who wont follow up, wont do damage, dont know how to then you are worthless as one of these champs. at least with the list i provided they can not only carry damage they can and do have the ability to solo kill Again, you're not going to be doing anything in lane as a mage support against an engage support until they burn their engage. If they're good, then you're locked in this cycle of light harassment where nobody makes progress, and without kills, mage supports aren't really useful. Engage supports are a direct counter to mages, and their prominence is why we no longer have a mage meta bot lane. Mages are still an easy pick, but not into a Naut/Leona with Aftershock. You'll get picked off early and then you'll both start hard feeding because you have no defense against all-ins. This is also going to make the enemy jungler camp you as well. These are things to consider. That's why I said mage supports are fine, but not picked into an engage support. As a support it's enough to get your ADC past laning phase if they're bad so they can at least show up to fights. The main reason bot lane fails is because one side starts feeding so fast or they're pushed so far out of lane that they're irrelevant and can't contest dragon. You'll never be put in that situation as an engage support in the current meta because you can hold the lane on your own, which is why they're such easy picks.
: Which support champion can carry a bad adc
{{champion:111}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:53}} These champions counter all other supports besides tanks in the current meta and are hard to kill. Other supports can't do anything in lane if you have your method of engage up, period. One hook and they're dead. You are also very hard to gank compared to most lanes, which will likely make the enemy jungler ignore your lane. So you can stare at each other for the laning phase. It isn't fun, but it gets you through laning phase. Your jungler will be more likely to gank for you as well because again, against non-tanks, engage supports can get some easy kills. You could also play a mage support, BUT, **only if the enemy doesn't pick an engage support**. If your ADC is trash and the enemy is an engage support, then you're both going to be crying under tower. You'll be zoned out so fast if the ADC is playing poorly. **EDIT**: I just looked at your itemization for Soraka, and it's completely wrong. You can carry a bad ADC as Soraka, but it's a little harder than with the above champions. You have less room for error. However, your build on Soraka is hurting you rather than helping you. I've gotten to Gold playing only Soraka support solo. There's no reason to ever buy Ludens Echo outside ARAM. Twin Shadow and Banshee's Veil should not ever be consistent buys on Soraka either, especially not first buys. There's no reason for you to depart from the Ardent Censor + Redemption meta in the games I'm seeing. Your Soraka build should be pretty standard. The only thing you have liberty buying early game is the type of boots you want. Building straight AP on Soraka is not going to do anything but put you further behind because you don't have burst damage. You already have the tools early game to be a lane bully (albeit less so now that she was nerfed due to top lane), so at least buy Ardent and Redemption first before you go getting creative. Soraka is a lane bully that transitions into a dedicated healer, so you need healing items. Finally you should always be buying this {{item:3364}} as soon as you finish your ward quest, and I always buy at least 4 of these {{item:2055}} per game, typically more because I'll be the only one on the team with slot space for it.
Room 36 (NA)
: I Hope The Support Meta Changes Eventually
I like how everyone is always like, "We complain about the meta all the time hehe nothing is wrong! xd" **No.** At least in the braindead mage support meta I actually got to do stuff in lane, and I say this as someone who despises mage supports. All enchanters besides Yuumi have to interact and put themselves at risk in order to stay relevant in lane. Most enchanters are lane bullies early game, which is why they're a problem top lane. In bot lane ADCs are typically ranged and supports have kits to counter them. The point is, against these champions bot lane you have opportunities to make a play because there are moments of vulnerability during laning phase. Against engage supports you're left staring at each other, maybe exchanging light harass, until they make a move. That's what you're doing as a support that isn't a tank. When you are a tank, you're both just unkillable and nothing happens. How is that remotely fun? Who wants to do that for the entire laning phase? Where's the skill expression? Half the time hooks land even when you miss. You can play most champions as support. That's not a new phenomenon. We could do that in other metas as well. Meta stands for most effective tactics, and right now picking an engage support is meta because you're unkillable bot lane, but if your enemy makes a single mistake, they're done for.
MrEnds (NA)
: What are your top 3 least favorite champions to fight in lane?
{{champion:111}} Nobody gets to do anything until he decides to throw out his anchor, and when he does there's a good chance it will hit you or your ADC even if you dodge it. The. most. boring. lane. ever. {{champion:63}} You need to play super safe against him, but he gets to mindlessly spam spells. {{champion:143}} Even when you're playing a broken engage support, she's a pain to deal with since she can effortlessly spam poke. Honorable mentions: {{champion:555}} {{champion:350}} Pyke and Yuumi are the two supports that made me stop asking Riot for new supports. The only redeeming quality of this meta is that I don't have to see them.
: Senna can't have it all.
While I agree that Senna does have far too much going on and needs to be nerfed, you adding in that part about Sona and Soraka just isn't true. The reason Sona and Soraka top was busted was because melee champions top lane have nothing to defend themselves against early ranged harass. In bot lane, champions do. ADCs are ranged. Actually the most popular ADCs have the highest range like Senna and Caitlynn. We're in the engage support meta where 1 Nautilus Q means you're dead or wasting flash. If people aren't playing engage supports, then they're playing mage supports that can do a ton of damage with their spam poke like Zyra. Sona is going to be very vulnerable and Soraka's missile time on her Q is so long that it's one of the easiest abilities to dodge bot lane. Furthermore, top lane has the least impact on the game, so having a champion that provides high utility is ideal top lane. Sona and Soraka's on hit-effects aren't "busted" as you're putting it because of the context of their lane and limitations of their kits. Top lane is busted and Riot needs to actually fix top lane and the ranged champions that have been accumulating top for years now. The fact that enchanters are even viable top lane signals that there's an issue.
Śhunpo (OCE)
: I don't play mages though {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Also, I want assassins nerfed (and some reverted+nerfed) so your point about me being an assassin main is invalid. I play the class because the champs are fun to me, not because they're good.
Click "Insert a Champion icon" in the post toolbar. Type in mage. Who do you see? {{champion:55}} Katarina can be referred to as a mage or an assassin because she builds AP damage. Yes, she feeds and then gets a penta by rolling her face on the keyboard like Yasuo, but when we talk in terms of what she builds, she's talked about as a mage.
: THEORY: There is no Down Vote bot, the downvotes are just the result of a buggy forum update!!!!!!
The downvote bots were here way before the update. Furthermore, it would be happening to all threads, not just a few that seem to line up with a certain opinion of the game.
: Why are people allergic to Executioners calling?
I'm a Soraka main, so I always see Executioner's Calling. I usually see it bought at the wrong time though. If you aren't doing damage, then Executioner's Calling isn't going to make a difference. That's why buying it early game isn't a good option. You will straight up lose with that item and no accompanying damage. As Soraka, if I press tab and see EC on their first back, which I frequently do, then the lane belongs to me and my ADC. No question, they lost. A lot of times you won't even need EC early game because you're probably losing trades for another reason. However, EC is a must have item when you do damage because so many champions have insane self-healing and healing champions will have their items. This happens later in the game though. I think there's just a lot of misunderstanding around grievious wounds.
Śhunpo (OCE)
: Popular opinion: ADCs should not be viable in other lanes
Man, this is a tough one. I agree that picks like Vayne top are toxic, but then I read the rest of your post and it's just so cringe coming from a mage assassin main. Please don't talk about double standards like ever if you're a mid laner.
Shurimoo (NA)
: Please do not put the PBE changes for raka through
The issue with top lane Soraka isn't Soraka. It's the lane in general. Instead of recognizing that, we're getting another bandaid and they're undoing one of the few good changes they made in the past few years, which was making Soraka an interactive champion. This change is going to cause Soraka to be a healbot again, which is what she was changed from because she had next to no interaction in lane years ago. She would just stand behind her ADC and heal. I guess with the release of Yuumi, they don't really mind having champions like that anymore, but I have to say as a Soraka main it's pretty sad to see the path they've set. Sure, you're somewhat more vulnerable, but you still stand from a safe distance and only an assassin can touch you. A really good Soraka is going to use her E wisely for that occasion. The previous changes made her more of a lane bully, which is fine in bot lane. She's dealt with pretty easily by mage supports like Zyra because they can spam poke at a safe enough distance that her Q is hard to hit due to the slow missile time. Against engage supports like Nautilus she's just dead or wasting flash if she tries to consistently harass. She can't really get out of hand unless the enemy plays badly (i.e. buying Executioner's Calling first back when they're getting whopped by her Q). Most melee top laners don't have any tools early game to deal with Soraka's Qs, so they get easily bullied out of lane. When they do, she has anti-engage with her E. When the laning phase is over it doesn't matter because Soraka was designed to transition into a more heal-focused champion later in the game to give people a chance to build anti-healing and to make her work towards that goal. The Q nerfs and W buffs are going to change that. I get why they're buffing W with a Q nerf, because if they just put out the Q nerf, Soraka would have no chance bot lane in this meta. Personally, I preferred their first proposed minion damage nerf. It was still a bandaid, but not one that caused problems on the other side of the map.
Pandaaii (NA)
: Soraka PBE changes aren't the best
The funny thing is the first nerf to minion damage was perfect. It solved the problem of Soraka being able to abuse top lane, but admittedly another bandaid to top lane. However, these new nerfs/buffs are a hit to Soraka support. She is meant to be played like a lane bully early game, and she's kept in check by the strict meta bot lane. Right now engage supports like Nautilus can kill you with one hook and mage supports like Zyra can do so much poke damage. If you're standing back and healing as Soraka, then you're going to get pushed out of lane so fast. Soraka cannot outheal that kind of damage early game without being a broken champion. She's perfectly balanced now because she has to work for the insane heals she gets and the enemy team has time to build anti-healing for her later in the game. They don't have to sacrifice their damage or main build and Soraka has just enough heals and utility to keep her going until she gets to her goal. Her Q is already one of the easiest abilities to dodge bot lane due to the slow missile time. It should not have been nerfed further. She needs to be interacting in lane, and since she doesn't do high amounts of burst damage, she needs that self-heal and speed boost. I think the mana cost is going to hit the hardest though due to how slow her Q missile time is. Basically they're creating a situation where they're going to have to buff her heal to make her playable, which will make her a healbot again, and that is toxic to deal with. They're recreating a problem that they fixed years ago.
XYGSYS (NA)
: The Ekko nerfs are a joke
Ekko will always be problematic because they designed his kit around erasing mistakes. For an assassin, that's really a poor choice. Their mistakes should matter above all other classes because if you make one mistake against them, you're dead. But even if you don't make a mistake against Ekko, you're dead.
: Yuumi's IDENTITY
I wouldn't really classify Yuumi as a dedicated healer. She can burst heal more than Soraka, especially early game, but she cannot spam heal like Soraka. She doesn't have a global ultimate heal either. Soraka will always statistically heal more than Yuumi over the course of the game. What I find interesting is that Soraka used to be a healbot, which is why she was so hated for the longest time. Many people in low ELO still consider her a healbot. She used to stand behind opponents and just heal them. Nobody could get to her easily because she was always behind her ADC. Riot considered that toxic, so they changed her to where she cannot sustain her lane on heals alone. Soraka after the changes needed to assert herself in lane and harass the opponent. Today she can be somewhat of a lane bully if she's uncontested, hence why she's so good top lane. She can easily harass because there's not a Zyra to poke her out of lane and there's not a Nautilus waiting to get a lucky hook in. She's ranged and against champions with no early engage or range, she can be hard to fight off. These were good changes to Soraka because it opened up the possibility for counterplay bot lane. Not everyone takes advantage of it mind you, there are a lot of ADCs that still buy Executioner's Calling on first back against Soraka, and then proceed to lose even harder to her harass. She transitions into a more heal oriented champion now besides being one right of the bat. That's the difference, and it's why she's such a good pick top lane because after laning phase you can't really harass anymore as Soraka, which is fine, because her AoE silence/root and heals will sustain her through late game. She doesn't need to be more than that after and it's when you want to start building anti-healing. The funny part is Soraka was changed because she had no interaction during the laning phase and they deemed that toxic, then they created Yuumi who cannot be touched until the champion she's attached to is killed. Even then, she can still bounce to another nearby champion. Then when that proved to be disliked by pros and solo queue alike, they hit her with a series of nerfs like they somehow forgot that people don't like playing against that type of safety. Why did they even bother with such a design? Simple number tweaks are never going to balance that out because enchanters are usually the first target on the enemy team.
Emo Twink (OCE)
: Soraka Top Nerfs Being Switched?
I was shocked as well. The nerf they were originally going to put out was a great solution, but then they tweaked it further and now it sucks. They're trying to compensate those severe nerfs by giving her a slight buff to her heal which won't make a difference in this meta. She does not need a buff to her W. The old sit back and heal Soraka has not been viable in a meta with this much damage for a while. She needs to be interactive early game, so nerfing her Q further, especially in an engage support meta, was the wrong move. It's hard enough surviving against champions like Nautilus where you're one broken hitbox away from death or other champions like Zyra that spam pokes you to death so easily. Her Q is so easy to dodge because the missile time takes forever. If anything, that should have been changed as well. For anyone that is wondering, the new Q nerf also lowers her self-heal and movement speed granted as well as **increases **the mana cost. Again, it's one of the easiest abilities to dodge bot lane.
: I agree. It's a reflection on how a) traditional toplane champs (bruisers, tanks, duelists) have less agency on the game than a healer (sona/soraka) going top and getting 4-5 cs a minute and that b) soraka has always been braindead freelo. Make her ult have an area like 3000 so she can't STILL make ults botlane from the opposite end of the map that are winning fights. She's like still a botlane support since she can do that. She needs hard nerfs in general but especially top.
> [{quoted}](name=spookdegrace,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E5jWdAKT,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2020-02-05T04:08:02.479+0000) > > I agree. It's a reflection on how a) traditional toplane champs (bruisers, tanks, duelists) have less agency on the game than a healer (sona/soraka) going top and getting 4-5 cs a minute and that b) soraka has always been braindead freelo. Make her ult have an area like 3000 so she can't STILL make ults botlane from the opposite end of the map that are winning fights. She's like still a botlane support since she can do that. She needs hard nerfs in general but especially top. You clearly don't understand how Soraka is played, or how you lose against her if you're complaining about her bot lane. You sound like the type of player that goes back and buys Executioner's Calling even though her early game heals are trash, so you end up losing even harder. Anti-healing is for later in the game when her heals do become much bigger. Her ult isn't even the most powerful part of her kit as support. Her AoE silence/root is. Soraka is actually a lane bully early game, which is why she's finding success top lane with her Q and likely why you think she "needs nerfs in general." If she can go uncontested, then she will bully her opponent out of lane. In bot lane she's not uncontested because mage supports are everywhere, and when they're not picked, people play engage supports, which leads to minimal harass because if they catch Soraka or her ADC in a bad spot even once, they're dead or wasting flash. You claiming she's OP as a support is laughable. Top lane Soraka is the issue, and like OP clearly stated, her viability there isn't because she's super OP strong like you claim. It's because the neglect that has happened top lane has built up overtime to the point where enchanters are now meta picks top lane. They need to fix top lane.
Fixirt (EUNE)
: about the Soraka nerf
I doubt much will change in the engage support meta. You're still going to have to make the engage support burn their engage before you get to engage. (Isn't it so fun when you have to wait for your opponent to make a move?) You're still not going to be able to kill the enemy side unless they seriously mess up. You're still not going to get ganks because that lane is unkillable and a waste for your jungler, but you will still get ganked since the chance of success for them is high because if you make one wrong move, you're dead. Basically, you're still stuck in a tedious lane exchanging light harass and staring at your opponent. Riot considers this peak gameplay. I have a million mastery points on Soraka and love playing her, but this engage support meta is testing my patience. The mage meta was brainless, but the engage support meta is brainless **AND **boring. I don't have a problem with Thresh so much. His hitbox is BS. It has always been, but every time I get hit by a Nautilus hook that should not have hit and I have to waste flash or die, I have an out of body experience and I'm amazed that this game still cannot get hitboxes right in 2020. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: Soraka: I just want to be viable top again... Riot August: Back to support Support, you devilish!
There's so many bad things top lane and there have been for a while. I remember back when Quinn or Vayne top being in the meta was a headache, but you could ban them, now there's too many ranged options because like support, riot doesn't want to limit anyone, which leads to unfair situations. What I find funny is what they allow almost anything to be played top, but Soraka being played top even a little bit? Nah, let's nerf that ASAP. The favoritism luv.
: Honest question: What would Riot have to do to make you quit playing League?
Riot would make me quit if they kept this boring AF engage support meta going through Spring and into Summer. I'm already over it. Nautilus, Blitzcrank, and Leona are the worst offenders. I never thought I'd miss getting hit by Thresh's broken hook hitbox every other game, but getting hit with a Nautilus Q when you completely dodged it visually will cause an out of body experience. The meta bot lane has been BS since the removal of Sightstone, but at least with mage supports I could actually do stuff against them as brainless as they are. You have to wait for engage supports to burn their engage otherwise you get blown up, so you're stuck there exchanging light harass and staring at each other. It's so annoying having to wait for your opponent to make a move. Your jungler can't help you either, and more than likely the enemy jungler is going to camp your lane. It's even worse if both of you are tryhards playing tanky supports because neither of you will be able to kill the other unless a Blitzcrank is dumb enough to pull a Leona into the ADC.
: Top really doesnt have an impact
Top lane has always been a lane that has been the least impactful. What made it fine for me was that it was usually fun. When I mained top lane seasons ago, there wasn't a lot of interaction with other lanes, thus your impact was minimal. Typically, you'd bash each other around top lane, one of you would win, and then you'd group or split pushing depending on the situation. Now there's always at least one jungler camping top lane and a lot more ranged options top lane, and that feels miserable. The issue bot lane is that the meta is extremely strict. You want to play an engage support and an ADC with a high range. If you play anything else into that, then your margin for error is so slim because playing an engage support doesn't require thought. Sometimes you'll miss a hook, and it will land anyways. The jungler isn't going to gank bot lane if the enemy has an engage support too. That lane will be too hard to kill 3v2, and a 3v3 could end in disaster. The only option to save bot lane, and thus save the game, in that situation is to get mid ahead. You can't really effect that as a top laner unless you seriously go out of your way, which could do more harm than good.
: I love watching Pro Junglers not hitting level 18 at all, while everyone else......
As a support main, I'm still so annoyed that they removed Sightstone. It was the beginning of the end bot lane and a major reason why it's such a terrible lane today. You can actually "hard carry" as support now, but only if you adhere to the obnoxious meta Riot enforces which isn't fun for anyone. After Spellthief's quest was added, mage supports became a serious problem bot lane, and they still are. However, at least you can interact with mage supports as stupid as they are, engage supports you cannot until they waste their method of engagement. It's so boring. Riot's solution to the mage support problem that developed with the removal of Sightstone was buffing engage supports like Nautilus, Blitzcrank, and Leona, so now if you even try to do anything bot lane, you're dead. If you play into the meta by picking a tanky support, neither of you can kill the other. Now we're in a stale meta where nobody can do anything and ADCs are picking high range annoying champions. It's making it so that if you don't play one of those supports, then you have to be significantly better than your opponent and even then, your margin of error is so slim because engage supports are even more brainless than mage supports were due to the fact that Riot can't create proper hook hitboxes. Even if you position properly, there's going to be at least one BS hook that lands on you or your ADC. Another issue is if it is engage versus engage, the jungler is rightfully going to ignore botlane because it will be a waste of time. If your enemy locks an engage support and you aren't one, then you're going to get camped because the likelihood that the jungler can get a kill off bot lane is so high, especially because we still have those stupid ward quests since Riot hates vision. I don't know what Riot's thinking is behind this because it's not even interesting to watch in pro play. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: What's with sinophobia/Chinese posts lately?
The Chinese market is certainly contributing to the demand for fast paced games. That doesn't excuse the xenophobia that has emerged recently, but I don't know how anyone could argue that it isn't the case. It's just a fact. There's so much money to be made in the Chinese market, so listening to their demands is important, but they're far from the only market demanding fast paced games. Younger people in NA and EU want the same thing. League of Legends came out in 2009. The online gaming landscape looked a lot different in 2009 compared to 2020. Younger people want faster and flashier games. They want games they can drop in and out of, and League is notoriously a game you cannot do that in. Riot wants to provide players with a more accessible experience, but they also want to please older players. Basically, we're being pulled in two different directions. That's why the current game feels awful. Even if the Chinese market wasn't a factor, we'd be dealing with the same issue where Riot is trying to follow a trend because it no longer sets the trend. It's easier to blame foreigners though. That's America's thing.
Hayaishi (NA)
: imagine giving yi counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WY4iyBOL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-01-31T01:02:44.996+0000) > > imagine giving yi counterplay. We have a better shot at world peace.
JVee3 (NA)
: Why can't I bring myself to uninstall league? Anyone else feel the same? Anyone done it?
This is gonna sound rude, but I'm a Support main, an Enchanter main at that, so I'll give it to you straight. Get thicker skin. I'm so used to teammates blaming their mistakes on me. I never get recognition for the plays I make unless they are seriously next level. Meanwhile, the Katarina on my team will get a triple kill after feeding because they rolled their face on their keyboard late game, which is like Katarina's thing, and my team will be like, "KATARINA GOD!! HONOR THIS PLAYER!!!!" acting like we don't see that all the time with Katarina. Supports in general have been consistently behind in levels and gold, so what you're going through as Jungler right now is something I sympathize with. Other roles do not care that you're behind. They do not care that you're thinking long term and not just in the moment. You just have to learn to accept that. If I got upset with every time an Ashe who walks into hooks and cannot freeze the wave properly said, "My supp is trash," or "My supp is trolling," I'd have uninstalled a long, long, long time ago. If you know you're playing well and making the right calls for you, then don't second guess yourself. You'll get to where you want to go. For me, that's simply ranked rewards because normals is so much more interesting than the strict meta bot lane in ranked. The people that aren't noticing that the jungle role has changed are the ones that are bad and need to brush up on the patch notes.
: Remember when the majority of boards users were gushing about how balanced Sett was?
Public opinion is always reactionary. Why I think people were gushing over Sett was because he doesn't feel awful to play against initially. His kit isn't completely unfair like all of the 2019 releases. Sylas, Yuumi, Qiyana, Senna, and Aphelios all have kits that remove their class weakness entirely or they're over compensated in other areas that their weakness doesn't even matter anymore. The problem with Sett seems to be more of a numbers issue rather than a design flaw. Another reason he was so popular at the start was because it must have felt good to wipe the floor with Mordekaiser and Darius. For better or worse, he does break the meta top lane.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-31T02:51:35.138+0000) > > Pick rate: Sona has a 3.2% pick rate and Nautilus has a 15% pick rate > > Win rate: Sona has a 54.14% win rate and a Nautilus has a 49.55% win rate > > We can all see these stats, **but I wanted to list them so we can analyze your statement that you quoted to me**. Get it? I already said "Naut has 5 times the pick rate of Sona, but significantly less win rate". The point being that having 55% win rate in Diamond, Plat, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron, which is almost the entire ladder, calls for a nerf. You can't escape that. > Your interpretation that Sona is a much bigger problem than Nautilus doesn't make sense when we look at these stats. It makes perfect sense. Sona's overpowered for lower elo play, if not more. Riot's balancing philosophy is "Good in at least one level of play. Not broken in any." Sona deserves nerfs. > Ban rate is an important stat. That's why it's listed on every site. Yes...but not for us. We aren't the players that rely on ban rate to convey messages about champion power. Challenger players and LCS players do. Our games have enough samples for ban rate to not be required since you can just look at actual results. > Riot claims that they're nerfing her because they went overboard, which could be the case. I just think it's funny that they're doing that with Sona, and yet they buffed Nautilus and Blitzcrank last season and they've been must pick/bans for months now Why nerf a sub 50% win rate champion?
Let's apply your logic to other champions listed on u.gg Singed: 53.27% win rate Ivern: 53.05% win rate Aurelion Sol: 53.00% win rate Taric: 52.90% win rate I guess we better nerf these champions too! Aphelios: 49.04% win rate Perfectly balanced! Yasuo: 48.24% win rate mid. We better buff him. See how none of that makes sense if you play the game? Your claim that Sona is overpowered for low ELO play also doesn't make sense because the stats for Plat+ are not wildly different. You can click through them on that same site. Ban rate is an important indication because it shows how unhealthy a champion is. If you don't believe that, then I don't know how to make it make sense for you. Again, based on the stats, your statement that there's more of a reason to nerf Sona than to nerf Nautilus makes no sense.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2020-01-31T00:51:30.749+0000) > > You can't only look at win rate. It provides no context. > > So let's look at the u.gg stats. > https://u.gg/lol/champions/sona/build > > Sona has a 54.14% win rate in Plat+, but only a 3.2% pick rate and an almost nonexistent 0.1% ban rate. *I literally told you this IN MY POST* from that specific site. > Now let's look at Nautilus. > > https://u.gg/lol/champions/nautilus/build > > 49.55% win rate, now if every champion was played equally, That would be balanced. We could look at that stat and say statistically he's pretty balanced, but not every champion is played equally. That should be obvious to anyone that plays solo queue, especially the painfully strict meta bot lane. > > **Nautilus has a 15% pick rate and a whopping 38.6% ban rate.** Who gives a shit about the ban rate? A ban isn't a recorded match. Sure, in Masters+ we give bans more stock because there's way less games there, so preemptive manipulation of the characters in play means more, but outside of Masters to Pro level play, quoting ban rate is a key sign that your foundation's shaky. > He's the fifth most banned champion in a meta that is **widely agreed upon to be the most unbalanced with the most broken kits.** 1) Who cares how much he's banned? That has little to do with his actual results for most elo ranges. 2) What the hell did that bold part have to do with ANYTHING and how do you prove that as fact? Don't state opinion, or rather, your interpretation of community consensus, as fact.
Pick rate: Sona has a 3.2% pick rate and Nautilus has a 15% pick rate Win rate: Sona has a 54.14% win rate and a Nautilus has a 49.55% win rate We can all see these stats, **but I wanted to list them so we can analyze your statement that you quoted to me**. Get it? Your interpretation that Sona is a much bigger problem than Nautilus doesn't make sense when we look at these stats. Ban rate is an important stat. That's why it's listed on every site. Is it the only stat that matters? Nope, but the fact that the Nautilus is the 5th most banned champion right now is a fact and an important one to mention, especially within the context of his pick rate and win rate while literally nobody is banning Sona right now. Riot claims that they're nerfing her because they went overboard, which could be the case. I just think it's funny that they're doing that with Sona, and yet they buffed Nautilus and Blitzcrank last season and they've been must pick/bans for months now, and they haven't done anything. Yet Sona, with her 3.2% pick rate in Plat+ is such a major problem.
: remove fioras "minigame"
I feel like Fiora is Riot's pet project, and that's why she's allowed to be BS. If you think about it, the Fiora and juggernaut reworks are what started this whole mess with stuffing so much into one kit. She used to be the most binary champion in the game. There were three possible outcomes. You cheesed early game with your QAAQAA combo and started a snowball that nobody could contest, or you didn't get anything done and fell off hard after laning phase. Or you got old Malphite picked into you and immediately lost. She wasn't as popular past Silver because everyone that got through Silver remembered what it was like taking a bad fight against Fiora and having the game spiral. To the design team her dynamic elements probably seem like a big success. She's a proplay darling now, but what they really did was go from one extreme to the other. She really has no downsides and that's just as toxic as a feast or famine design.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2020-01-30T03:19:58.100+0000) > > It's actually comical to me that they're like, "We went a little overboard with Sona's buffs," and basically nobody is playing her, but they buffed Nautilus and Blitzcrank last season and they've had high pick rates/ban rates ever since and they've done NOTHING. They're just now getting around to nerfing Leona. > > At this point they're embracing the clownery. Nobody can be that ignorant. I refuse to believe it. Sona's general win rate is like 54% for Plat+ and Diamond+ filters on U.GG. Nautilus has 5 times the play rate, but way less win rate. There's more reason to nerf Sona than Nautilus if we're concerned about solo queue.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2020-01-30T23:49:47.385+0000) > > Sona's general win rate is like 54% for Plat+ and Diamond+ filters on U.GG. Nautilus has 5 times the play rate, but way less win rate. > > There's more reason to nerf Sona than Nautilus if we're concerned about solo queue. You can't only look at win rate. It provides no context. So let's look at the u.gg stats. https://u.gg/lol/champions/sona/build Sona has a 54.14% win rate in Plat+, but only a 3.2% pick rate and an almost nonexistent 0.1% ban rate. Now let's look at Nautilus. https://u.gg/lol/champions/nautilus/build 49.55% win rate, now if every champion was played equally, That would be balanced. We could look at that stat and say statistically he's pretty balanced, but not every champion is played equally. That should be obvious to anyone that plays solo queue, especially the painfully strict meta bot lane. **Nautilus has a 15% pick rate and a whopping 38.6% ban rate.** He's the fifth most banned champion in a meta that is widely agreed upon to be the most unbalanced with the most broken kits. So no, I'd say Nautilus is a much bigger problem, especially his huge hook hitbox that isn't telegraphed properly.
DeusVult (NA)
: Engage supports will continue to be meta. If they arent meta, then the enchanter supports become meta, which is even more stale than engage supports. I'll explain why; When you are playing an engage support, the onus is on you to make a play, to engage. The other side has the ability to dodge your abilities and lessen your impact. When engage supports straight up lose to enchanter supports (ie the season 8 meta) the meta simply becomes who can passively provide the most buffs to their ADC and team. Riot has, and always will, choose to give the advantage to the proactive play rather than the passive reactive play. You've seen it in the jungle, you've seen it in support. Enchanters and mages still have the option to play the lane, but they have to play in a way to deny the engage support, rather than to just roll the lane.
> [{quoted}](name=DeusVult,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-30T21:32:02.416+0000) > > Engage supports will continue to be meta. If they arent meta, then the enchanter supports become meta, which is even more stale than engage supports. > > I'll explain why; When you are playing an engage support, the onus is on you to make a play, to engage. The other side has the ability to dodge your abilities and lessen your impact. When engage supports straight up lose to enchanter supports (ie the season 8 meta) the meta simply becomes who can passively provide the most buffs to their ADC and team. Riot has, and always will, choose to give the advantage to the proactive play rather than the passive reactive play. You've seen it in the jungle, you've seen it in support. Enchanters and mages still have the option to play the lane, but they have to play in a way to deny the engage support, rather than to just roll the lane. That's just flat out wrong.
: Sona was 50% win rate in 10.1. Why buff her to 54% win rate in 10.2?
**Win rates are not the only stat that is important.** This game has been out for years, and people still just blindly list win rates without at least listing the pick rate. It gives us zero context. Sona has a 3.2% pick rate, so she's not even in the top 10. She's barely in the top 20 among just supports. Please start looking at pick rates before you start freaking out, and if you want a better indication of what players hate playing against, then look at ban rate. You'll see Sona is dead last on that list as well.
Voluug13 (NA)
: Wasnt Leona like kinda weak compared to Blitz/Nau/Thresh until relatively recently? I remember she and Braum were kinda on the bottom half of the support meta. Its kinda silly that they are nerfing the lesser evil but leaving Nau/Blitz just untouched.
> [{quoted}](name=Voluug13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FizeomXg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2020-01-30T04:15:33.293+0000) > > Wasnt Leona like kinda weak compared to Blitz/Nau/Thresh until relatively recently? I remember she and Braum were kinda on the bottom half of the support meta. > > Its kinda silly that they are nerfing the lesser evil but leaving Nau/Blitz just untouched. Leona wasn't, but Braum was the worst support for a while. Heavy engage supports are the reason why bot lane is so stale. The mage meta that lasted forever was stupid, but at least I could do stuff as a support. You make one wrong move against an engage support and you're dead, unless you're an engage support yourself. (Who doesn't love when Blitzcrank accidentally hooks a Leona?) So you're stuck in such an awkward situation where neither of you can make a move, and a gank isn't going to change that. People are now playing ADCs with so much range and ability to poke, so it's basically a stalemate. I can't imagine that would be interesting to watch for professional play either, so I don't know what Riot is thinking. Usually you can tie balance changes to what they think will get views, but here I genuinely can't make sense of what they're doing by enabling this meta. Sona's kit does need a rework not a buff. It's dated in my opinion. People used to play her as a jack of all trades since she had a low skill floor. She could build AP if you needed it, or more utility. However, mages are hard countered by engage supports, and the few enchanters that don't have to sweat against an engage support is Janna or Lulu since they're best designed to counter all-ins. So they're nerfing her in a meta that she can't really stay relevant in. It's just dumb.
: The "Whoever has Mordekaiser wins the game" meta is getting rather stale
I've gotten so used to banning Mordekaiser as a support main. It would feel so weird not having to do it anymore, but I'd welcome the change because Nautilus hook hitboxes. I don't know why, but my top laners ban things like...Gnar.
: We're nerfing... Sona?
It's actually comical to me that they're like, "We went a little overboard with Sona's buffs," and basically nobody is playing her, but they buffed Nautilus and Blitzcrank last season and they've had high pick rates/ban rates ever since and they've done NOTHING. They're just now getting around to nerfing Leona. At this point they're embracing the clownery. Nobody can be that ignorant. I refuse to believe it.
InvalidUK (EUW)
: ADC's need a blanket buff
The problem isn't ADCs. It's the engage support meta. Champions like Nautilus, Leona, and Blitzcrank are so tanky and hard to kill, but they can kill you very easily early game. That means you're going to want to play something with a lot of range like Senna or Caitlyn. If you're playing something that is countered by engage supports like immobile ADCs, you will not get a gank, because the jungler knows that going bot will be a waste of time. They will not be able to kill the enemy ADC or the tank support. It feels so lackluster because either you play high range champions with tank supports and neither side can kill the other, or you play something else into that and struggle to stay relevant in your lane. We do not need an ADC buff. If anything, that would exacerbate this meta. Engage supports like Nautilus, Leona, and Blitzcrank need nerfs.
: As Someone Who Loved Playing Old Soraka For The Big Heals Seeing Yuumi Makes Me Sad
I'm also a Soraka main. I have around 1 million points on Soraka and have been playing since Season 5. Yuumi is a lot like old Soraka in the sense that she doesn't have much interaction, which is funny, because the whole reason Soraka was reworked was because they wanted her to be more than just a healbot. That was her reputation, and it's one that persists to this day. Now she does way more, but then they create Yuumi who has almost zero interaction. Good ol' Riot for you. Soraka was indeed reworked because that kind of enchanter is frustrating to play against. Typically enchanters need to be vulnerable if they're going to provide that much utility, and part of the skill is learning how to position yourself and learning the rhythm of trades. Yuumi does not heal more than Soraka though. Nobody does, and if they do, then you were playing Soraka wrong. Yuumi may be able to burst heal more than one of Soraka's W, especially early game, but she cannot spam heal like Soraka can. What I will say is Soraka very much isn't a dedicated healer early game, and that's a misconception that many people have. A lot of ADCs think Soraka stands back and heals, and does nothing else, maybe throwing out a Q here and there. The way Soraka is meant to be played is much closer to a lane bully early game. You want to be constantly harassing your opponent, and if you're not careful, Soraka can bully or kill you easily if she isn't contested. It doesn't feel like that though because she doesn't do the insane burst damage of a mage, so what enemy ADCs will do is sacrifice their damage and buy Executioner's Calling on the first back, and proceed to lose harder because they're losing trades to her harass and not her heals. Soraka transitions into more of a healer later in the game, and that's when you want anti-healing because her heals are crazy. I would say what is most deadly about Soraka, especially in this one-shot meta, is not her heals. It's actually her silence/root. Equinox can turn the tides of fights and trades, and completely screw over assassins if it is used properly. You can even cancel ults with it. There are not many AoE silence+roots in the game, and hers is instant. I wouldn't personally change Soraka's heals. What I would love to see is the missile time on her Q reduced. You really do need to stay interactive in this new meta as an enchanter, or you get steamrolled. The only reason Yuumi was fine was because you had to kill her ADC to get to her, which when facing a problematic enchanter, you want to kill the enchanter first. That's why she started to develop such a high ban rate before she was hit with a series of nerfs. Riot was trying to seriously cut into her numbers to try to balance out her safety.
: Wait Morde still isn't nerfed lol?
I'm getting tired of banning Mordekaiser and Sett, and judging by their high ban rates, I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
: 39% winrate in ranked
Playing solo support in low ELO is really difficult unless you're playing a mage support or Nautilus/Leona. In my recent games I've had two AFKs in a single game, a Kayn who does 10k damage in a 35 min game, a primadonna jungler who AFK farmed and a 1/8/1 Akali at 16 mins in the same game. There are so many KDA gamers, so many AFK rage split pushers, and so many people willing to feed the worst champions like Diana or Mordekaiser. Another issue I have in general is that junglers are just so unwilling to work with me bot lane. I can set up for them so well, and they just will not come even when it's a guarantee kill. I started to experience this towards the end of last season, but this season it's so much worse. You would think that dragon priority would be enough to make them get away from camping top, but nope. My junglers just love to camp for top, which is fine sometimes. I can hold bot as long as we don't get a 4 man gank + rift herald called on us, but when our top laner sucks, they just do not want to change up their strat. If you politely tell them they need to change it up, then they freak out and AFK farm even if it is multiple people telling them to. They will force us to lose trying to break top lane with pressure. Either bot lane or mid finally breaks and we're left turtling the game with our inhibitor towers while they have so many dragons, and my jungler without fail is like, "How did this happen?" I know it's a demanding role, but Jesus. I haven't really figured out how to solve that problem because it's relatively new for me in ranked. I always just play for ranked rewards and that's it.
: Riot, Please Start Taking Trolling and Inting Seriously
I'm sick of Riot not doing anything about trolls and inters too. I've had several feeding Setts who admitted that they're just trying the champion out in a ranked game. One of them ulted a fed assassin into the backline which got everyone killed and ended the game. That should absolutely be counted as trolling. I also had a Yasuo go 0/8/0 before laning phase was even over against a Talon. He wasn't camped. He maybe got ganked once and nobody was BMing him, but he was willingly taking bad fights. Nobody else was losing lane, but a 6/0 Talon early game roaming is going to put people behind because they have to play super safe. They had trouble ending the game because Yasuo's 1v9 kit. He even admitted in chat that he was playing recklessly because he's Yasuo, so he's going to get kills late game anyways. Screw the rest of us I guess. Indeed, he ended the game 13/11/9, but we still lose because when you create a gap that large, not even something as broken as Yasuo can fill it. These are examples that stick out in my mind from recent days, but I also just get a ton of teammates who make things harder by explicitly choosing not to work with the team. How are players like these not banned from ranked for a period of time? Let them play in normals and come back when they're ready to be serious. In isolation they don't seem so bad. It isn't every game, but when you pair it with the players that are just genuinely not doing well due to matchmaking like a 1/11/1 Irelia, 1/10/0 Diana, 1/11/2 Yasuo in my games from this season, it feels awful. You'll go from a game where someone is trolling, inting, or going AFK, and the immediately be hit with someone who just doesn't know how to play the game, which you can't fault them for, but still sucks. You're left wondering, why am I playing again?
Exibir mais

Baby Ghoul

Nível 167 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão