Spotty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001e000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T18:23:02.996+0000) > > Curious question than, how would you measure if something is effective? I totally understand the feeling if you were part of the small group that really appreciated the dev streams, but often times its really hard to justify sacrificing resources that could be used to benefit the whole just to service the few. If you had any ideas on how to track and serve the few without drastically and negatively impacting the larger group I'd love to hear them! if its associated with riot then i know its terrible because riot is run by second grade dropouts!
> [{quoted}](name=Spotty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001e0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T18:33:18.079+0000) > > if its associated with riot then i know its terrible because riot is run by second grade dropouts! Hope you feel better after that insult friend :(.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2019-09-05T03:04:20.547+0000) > > We actually used to do these on major releases (like champ releases). From what I heard they were a major time & cost investment for very little engagement, it was hard to justify the time :(. Another instance of the data saying that the players who _were_ engaged with that content just aren't worth the effort? What the hell is really happening at Riot?
> [{quoted}](name=TerraRising,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001e00000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T04:51:09.471+0000) > > Another instance of the data saying that the players who _were_ engaged with that content just aren't worth the effort? > > What the hell is really happening at Riot? Curious question than, how would you measure if something is effective? I totally understand the feeling if you were part of the small group that really appreciated the dev streams, but often times its really hard to justify sacrificing resources that could be used to benefit the whole just to service the few. If you had any ideas on how to track and serve the few without drastically and negatively impacting the larger group I'd love to hear them!
: Show us the most outdated splash art that is still in the game. And by outdated I mean the one with the worst quality.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2019-09-05T08:00:44.899+0000) > > Show us the most outdated splash art that is still in the game. And by outdated I mean the one with the worst quality. Im guessing Mundo's splash is a bit old I think? TBH its hard to tell, memories are too short and people acclimate to change pretty quickly. Its getting harder and harder to remember what old GP used to be
Midg3t (EUNE)
: I would like to see Riot doing Devstreams similar to Warframe's. For example, take couple of hot topics of the week/month, be it lore, skins, balance, player behaviour, choose representatives (head of skin department, lore, game balance etc.) and discuss certain things regarding those topics. Whats your opinion on this? Whould that be a good idea? And also I believe Riot should make a special department that would be in charge of communicating with players here on Boards. Opinion on this?
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2019-09-04T23:44:22.554+0000) > > I would like to see Riot doing Devstreams similar to Warframe's. > For example, take couple of hot topics of the week/month, be it lore, skins, balance, player behaviour, choose representatives (head of skin department, lore, game balance etc.) and discuss certain things regarding those topics. > > Whats your opinion on this? Whould that be a good idea? > > And also I believe Riot should make a special department that would be in charge of communicating with players here on Boards. Opinion on this? We actually used to do these on major releases (like champ releases). From what I heard they were a major time & cost investment for very little engagement, it was hard to justify the time :(. I'm sure if enough people requested and tuned in we would be down to do it again. Ultimately its about going to the mediums where players are :), not trying to force them to where is most convenient for us.
: How to pronounce your name
> [{quoted}](name=Aatrox Airlines,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2019-09-05T00:02:17.145+0000) > > How to pronounce your name IGN - ba - sir - kha (kinda sorta :P) Real name - Eye Sack (isaac)
Larriet (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:01:10.424+0000) > > no? o.o. Yordles, unlike non-domesticated animals, don't spread plagues diseases and death XD. I put the disclaimer of non-domesticated because I have several friends with very cute mice & rats whom I adore. So yordles are domesticated?
> [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T22:59:02.339+0000) > > So yordles are domesticated? Yordles aren't pets, so no in the regard? But they do live in houses so imo Yordles are domestic. idk XD
: I do UX research at a tech company right now and I love it. I have also been spending time trying my hand at game design and development with Unity. But really I just do that to catch the eye of a gaming company with something in my portfolio. Do you think there are ways to contribute to a company like riot with very little game design knowledge but a wealth of UX/User research experience? (I ask due to you being a recruiter at one point)
> [{quoted}](name=Samuel Murphy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:25:17.681+0000) > > I do UX research at a tech company right now and I love it. > > I have also been spending time trying my hand at game design and development with Unity. But really I just do that to catch the eye of a gaming company with something in my portfolio. > > Do you think there are ways to contribute to a company like riot with very little game design knowledge but a wealth of UX/User research experience? > > (I ask due to you being a recruiter at one point) We have a ton of UX designers here! UX research is a bit different (I think?), but ultimately it all depends on what you want to do. My recommendation? Don't wait to start, just start making things. Design prototypes, actual builds, etc just make. The more you make, the better you know and can refine your thinking and process around that. The more you have to show for your work, the better understanding people can have about what your capabilities are and what you can do. Ultimately thats what anyone hiring anyone else whats to know, what can you do and can you do the things I need done?
afmghost (NA)
: A question: What are the name origins of Bazerka? Also, I want to brag for a sec: I had an impromptu test at work today and I aced that shit!
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:34:49.027+0000) > > A question: > What are the name origins of Bazerka? > Also, I want to brag for a sec: I had an impromptu test at work today and I aced that shit! Congrats! Keep on killing it :D, your hard work is paying off :) I've told this story before so I'll keep it brief: Friend made neopet named bazkera I wanted name he didnt give it to me every game since I got there first and made Bazerka eventually I adopted it as my own XP
: in your opinion is the moderator WUKS more like: Sakura Haruno from Naruto or Aqua from KoNoSuba, in terms of.....cute.
> [{quoted}](name=Netorare ASMR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:40:13.625+0000) > > in your opinion is the moderator WUKS more like: Sakura Haruno from Naruto or Aqua from KoNoSuba, in terms of.....cute. I plead the 5th
: Since you are so active with the community, did you think about joining us in the official LoL NA discord server along with other rioters? I feel like you would really enjoy it along with the boards! Me and a few other boards moderators are also moderators on the server :) https://discordapp.com/invite/leagueoflegends
> [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:02:50.512+0000) > > Since you are so active with the community, did you think about joining us in the official LoL NA discord server along with other rioters? I feel like you would really enjoy it along with the boards! Me and a few other boards moderators are also moderators on the server :) > https://discordapp.com/invite/leagueoflegends Good call! I've getting more into discord communities recently (tbh i get a bit overwhelmed by discord sometimes) I'll join in!
: I JUST FIGURED IT OUT
Can't you get little legends for free? I got mine for free, they may not be hyper swag ones, but I didnt want to / have to pay for 'em :X
: Hey Bazerka, as a longtime player I've been growing a bit apathetic from the constant release of monetized content. It started with me realizing that I just couldn't justify buying all the things anymore, since there are just too many new things that require rp all the time now. I've even avoided TFT, because I didn't want to be tempted by the rng loot system. I don't think I'm alone in this. Thoughts?
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:36:21.015+0000) > > Hey Bazerka, as a longtime player I've been growing a bit apathetic from the constant release of monetized content. > > It started with me realizing that I just couldn't justify buying all the things anymore, since there are just too many new things that require rp all the time now. > > I've even avoided TFT, because I didn't want to be tempted by the rng loot system. > > I don't think I'm alone in this. Thoughts? Makes total sense! I'm pretty much the exact same way, I rarely monetize in any game and really want to play games where I feel rewarded for my time dedication rather than my financial one. However, that being said do you feel punished because you dont / can't afford content? I can understand feeling slightly left out if a new skin drops that looks cool but I can't afford. However, if you're feeling like you can't play a fair game because you haven't monetized, imo, _thats a problem_. Fwiw I do advocate (and its strange to say it) taking breathers from games. Even if you LOVE hamburgers, if you eat them every day for 2 years eventually you'd get tired of them and stop. That doesn't mean you don't love hamburgers, but sometimes a break is healthy :). I took a long break from MMORPGs for a while because I was pretty burnt out of them, but recently got back into FF14 with some friends and have been really enjoying it! Idk hope that all makes sense o.o
: What are your thoughts on Genghis Khan?
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:32:02.494+0000) > > What are your thoughts on Genghis Khan? Guy was a brilliant military tactician and technologist for the era, but a _brutal_ warlord and tyrant. Yea not much else to say besides that o.o
: Do you ever tease your coworkers when you get tilted by one of their champions
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:31:21.291+0000) > > Do you ever tease your coworkers when you get tilted by one of their champions Sometimes XD
Jaspers (EUW)
: Would you like a cup of tea? I'm just putting the kettle on.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:22:53.772+0000) > > Would you like a cup of tea? I'm just putting the kettle on. Appreciate it, but I'm good XD
: What do you think of the reporting system? Many including myself believe it needs a complete overhaul. Will that ever happen?
> [{quoted}](name=KatCallMe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:24:41.026+0000) > > What do you think of the reporting system? Many including myself believe it needs a complete overhaul. Will that ever happen? This is a hard question. Personally I think it could use a bit of updating, but I think its core is solid. At its heart, the reporting system should be used as a way for the community to self police individuals who are maliciously ruining the game experience. However, _proving_ that mal intent is incredibly hard (which is why lawyers etc get paid so much). I think the reporting system does a good job of tracking reports over time, and acting when a thresh hold of behaviors is hit. The areas for improvement are deeply intertwined with the perceived failures of the reporting system, and its hard to talk about one without the other. Unfortunately that topic is better off for a verbal convo rather than a typed one so I'll save that for a later date. Sorry friend :X
Kanzler (NA)
: Do they only let you have lunch once per week? Blink one for no, twice for yes, and three times if you need us to call the police!
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:25:11.488+0000) > > Do they only let you have lunch once per week? Blink one for no, twice for yes, and three times if you need us to call the police! I'm only allowed to blink twice? what happens if my eyes dry out XD
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:09:23.165+0000) > > Position in game? - Usually top lane, but really fill > Position at work? - I'm an associate product manager > Position in life? - loving son, brother, and pretty solid swing dancer > Position to others? - I hope to be someone who is kind, understanding, and a friend to as many as possible > > Am I a game dev? - I consider myself to be :). Its what I've wanted to be for a while and I'm able to do it as a profession now which is a huge blessing :) And what does a product manager do?
> [{quoted}](name=AccurateYeet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:18:17.425+0000) > > And what does a product manager do? Different people will have different answers for this, but at least I'll give you mine. Imo I believe its the job of a product manager to find and foster talent + ideas. If someone has a good idea or grasp of a situation, I believe its my job as a pm to grow that idea, remove obstacles from its way, and strengthen the core premise of the idea (and the person who created it). In that way a pm is service role that should really unlock the potential of others. However, as I mentioned different people and studios have very different definitions of this. This is simply mine :)
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:14:44.323+0000) > > IMHO if you see it report it. The purpose of not allowing account sharing (I imagine) is to protect the match making environment. If you see it do what you can (aka report) and let the system act from there :). Do you know how the boards reporting system works? Because i just recently saw someone admitting to account sharing on boards, and i reported the thread for "other" but i don't really know if that's effective
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:18:12.946+0000) > > Do you know how the boards reporting system works? > Because i just recently saw someone admitting to account sharing on boards, and i reported the thread for "other" but i don't really know if that's effective This im not sure, @mods any thoughts?
Gall (NA)
: What is your education background and what made you decide to work at Riot of all places? Sorry if you've answered this question before!
> [{quoted}](name=Gall,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:12:32.679+0000) > > What is your education background and what made you decide to work at Riot of all places? Sorry if you've answered this question before! I have a background in science and engineering with a masters in communications (seriously though I'm not that book smart, and honestly education doesn't matter all that much). I joined Riot because it was studio that I could learn & grow in the way that matched my style (aka trying a ton of times, failing fast, learning from that, and redoing it). Rioters, I've found, are incredibly patient, kind, insightful, and super smart aka everything I want to be.
AIQ (NA)
: What's your opinion on remaking LoL and updating it? Maybe not calling it LoL 2, but rather revamping everything onto a new, more capable and over all better engine. This way a lot of champions that would probably be waiting 5+years to be visually updated to modern standards could be updated in maybe 2 years of development time or however long it takes. New systems could be implemented easier like announcers and map skins, since the new architecture will be design to compliment it. And Riot can focus less on the Reworks etc.. and focus more on balance and developing more features. I have no idea what Leagues real code looks like and how broken or clean it actually is or how easy it is to work with.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OAzEfwTT,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:13:48.773+0000) > > What's your opinion on remaking LoL and updating it? Maybe not calling it LoL 2, but rather revamping everything onto a new, more capable and over all better engine. This way a lot of champions that would probably be waiting 5+years to be visually updated to modern standards could be updated in maybe 2 years of development time or however long it takes. New systems could be implemented easier like announcers and map skins, since the new architecture will be design to compliment it. And Riot can focus less on the Reworks etc.. and focus more on balance and developing more features. > > I have no idea what Leagues real code looks like and how broken or clean it actually is or how easy it is to work with. Personally, I don't think its worth the investment in terms of splitting your player base just for the sake of gaining a few things (systems, design, etc). I'd rather keep things unified and continue to invest in a singular game instead of splitting up into 2 basically identical games that share the same pool of players. Another way to put it: I don't like Maplestory 2 (yes apologies, pretty spicy comment)
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: If i see someone admitting to account sharing etc, what should i do? Should i report it to riot support? Do you have any advice?
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:09:01.384+0000) > > If i see someone admitting to account sharing etc, what should i do? Should i report it to riot support? Do you have any advice? IMHO if you see it report it. The purpose of not allowing account sharing (I imagine) is to protect the match making environment. If you see it do what you can (aka report) and let the system act from there :).
: What's your position? Are you a game dev?
> [{quoted}](name=AccurateYeet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:07:14.647+0000) > > What's your position? Are you a game dev? Position in game? - Usually top lane, but really fill Position at work? - I'm an associate product manager Position in life? - loving son, brother, and pretty solid swing dancer Position to others? - I hope to be someone who is kind, understanding, and a friend to as many as possible Am I a game dev? - I consider myself to be :). Its what I've wanted to be for a while and I'm able to do it as a profession now which is a huge blessing :)
: So you say you higher than normal Cholesterol, I have some advice. Make a regular daily habit of walking, running, or lifting some weights. Doesn't matter what you do, s long as you do at least 30 minutes, and try to increase your intensity and be safe. Make a habit of not eating as much meat, dairy, and processed foods. Kale, spinach, for greens, nuts, fruits, beans all qualify as healthy eating food groups for cutting your cholesterol. Don't sit for longer than an hour at a time, after one hour of sitting, get up, do air squats in place, stretch, or take a brisk walk outside. Thats all I've got for today, hope your levels decrease and you feel better.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:02:52.711+0000) > > So you say you higher than normal Cholesterol, I have some advice. > > Make a regular daily habit of walking, running, or lifting some weights. Doesn't matter what you do, s long as you do at least 30 minutes, and try to increase your intensity and be safe. > > Make a habit of not eating as much meat, dairy, and processed foods. > Kale, spinach, for greens, nuts, fruits, beans all qualify as healthy eating food groups for cutting your cholesterol. > > Don't sit for longer than an hour at a time, after one hour of sitting, get up, do air squats in place, stretch, or take a brisk walk outside. > > Thats all I've got for today, hope your levels decrease and you feel better. Thanks! Yea that was the suggestion my doct had too. I've been walking to go eat / grocery shop as well as taking a mid afternoon stroll when i get sleep (rather than sitting at my desk and derping around). I feel better, but my legs are sore XD
: Are you excited for worlds
> [{quoted}](name=Spideraxe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:00:43.744+0000) > > Are you excited for worlds I am! I was in Korea for worlds last year and it was hype. Unfortunately I wont be going to Paris this year (my wallet only has so much flex to it before it breaks XD), but I'm having a Worlds viewing party at my house this year so it should be fun :3
: Can u ship the Garen Changes on 9.19 instead of 9.20? Why does the changes need 8 weeks for testing? Sol and Kayle needed half and the changes were bigger
> [{quoted}](name=DEMACIAA BABY,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-04T18:59:59.496+0000) > > Can u ship the Garen Changes on 9.19 instead of 9.20? > > Why does the changes need 8 weeks for testing? Sol and Kayle needed half and the changes were bigger Can I - no, Why do the changes need 8 weeks? - same reason why you test anything, to gently introduce something to an environment and, as much as possible, reduce the risk of that thing failing. Sometimes it works, sometimes there are things you can't find, but we'd rather test and check than just gamble and launch if that makes sense :)
Evoki11 (EUNE)
: What kind of music do you like?
> [{quoted}](name=Evoki11,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-04T18:56:14.431+0000) > > What kind of music do you like? Tbh my music tastes are super eclectic. Last night I was listening to Miles Davis and a smooth jazz playlist, this morning was Ben Rector, and I was bumping Chain Smokers during my workout. XD Short answer: I listen to anything thats good
: Who do you know who works and has pull at Riot?
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-04T18:55:53.041+0000) > > Who do you know who works and has pull at Riot? I'm not sure how to respond to this o.o
: Do you agree with the statement that all Yordles are vermin who should be eradicated by Singed? (Except Poppy. She is cute and can stay).
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-04T18:55:00.634+0000) > > Do you agree with the statement that all Yordles are vermin who should be eradicated by Singed? > > (Except Poppy. She is cute and can stay). no? o.o. Yordles, unlike non-domesticated animals, don't spread plagues diseases and death XD. I put the disclaimer of non-domesticated because I have several friends with very cute mice & rats whom I adore.
: Following WOW Classic Success
Personal opinion - I don't think its a **terrible** idea, however I do think its still too early to tell if create a new classic server is worth the investment. Currently players are still in their honeymoon phase of Classic Wow. You usually have to wait 1-3 weeks after initial launch to see if players actually stay with the game and follow it. Theres also the added question of "What happens in 1-2 years when everything in Classic WoW becomes stale?". Lets be real, there is only so much content that is in any given game, and when you run out of things to do that game becomes old and "stale". As I mentioned before, I don't think wow classic is in a bad position, but I do think its a bit too early to tell :). Fwiw, on the developer side of things (just so you're aware), I believe making a Classic anything is just as difficult as making something new (aka requires the same amount of time, effort, and resources to create). Unfortunately its not as easy as going into a closet, dusting off a copy of Wow circa 2005, and plugging it in (I wish o.o). You basically gotta remake it from scratch :P (for example when releasing Starcraft remastered they basically had to **remake** the game afaik). All in all its a lot of time, effort, and investment to do and if it doesn't help to drive player engagement and growth in the long run (aka "sustainability") its a hard gamble to make :). Sorry for the super long explanation :3.
  Comentários de Rioters
: Best advice to manage your blood pressure.
In game - breath, and talk with your team. People tend to get quieter when they are losing so often times talking with them can really help. To be clear DONT flame or shit on them for doing poorly, but ask them what things they need to succeed. After the game - I usually go for a short walk or do a few exercises to reset in between League matches :). I've played in a few tournaments where my team got **trounced** in game 1 of a 3 game series. Walk / clearing the emotions of the first game can do wonders in resetting your mental for game 2 (in case you're curious those games we usually came back and reverse swept :P)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002b0000,timestamp=2019-08-31T05:36:11.319+0000) > > So personally, I hope to see more Rioters engage with the community. However, I also understand why they dont. Often times Rioters tend to be introverts where conversation & large crowds (real or virtual doesn't really matter) are really stressful, so they don't engage. I want Rioters to engage with the community in the ways they feel the most comfortable is all. > > That being said, its a two person dance this communicating thing :). When people just ALL CAPS YELL ANGRY STUFF AT RIOTERS JUST CAUSE THEY HAVE A RED TAG that doesn't do a lot to encourage more engagement. Kind words (yes you can be kind and disagree) go a long way to encouraging conversation :) I never heard of introverts being... uncomfortable communicating through message boards and chat. If anything they give you the opportunity to communicate at your own speed. That sounds completetly illogical. For me, it's more company policy and general lack of interest because why would i bother talking to people and mess something up and lose my job when i make fat $$$. A good deal of people have lost their jobs for making a post their company didn't like or the SJW crowd found too displeasing to bear with.
> [{quoted}](name=Xalasmeni Banana,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002b00000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T06:22:46.198+0000) > > I never heard of introverts being... uncomfortable communicating through message boards and chat. If anything they give you the opportunity to communicate at your own speed. That sounds completetly illogical. > > For me, it's more company policy and general lack of interest because why would i bother talking to people and mess something up and lose my job when i make fat $$$. A good deal of people have lost their jobs for making a post their company didn't like or the SJW crowd found too displeasing to bear with. I believe it **must** be up to the individual whether or not they want to post. I happen to know _several_ Rioters who don't post on the boards for the exact reasons I mentioned previously. The only thing, I believe, we can do is foster good communication & conversation and welcome differing opinions and try to empathize and understand. If we welcome dialogue, and not insult or yell at people I'd imagine more people would engage across all comms channels. At least thats why I post on the boards & what I'm trying to do :). Whats your mission?
Hayato500 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002b0000,timestamp=2019-08-31T05:36:11.319+0000) > > So personally, I hope to see more Rioters engage with the community. However, I also understand why they dont. Often times Rioters tend to be introverts where conversation & large crowds (real or virtual doesn't really matter) are really stressful, so they don't engage. I want Rioters to engage with the community in the ways they feel the most comfortable is all. > > That being said, its a two person dance this communicating thing :). When people just ALL CAPS YELL ANGRY STUFF AT RIOTERS JUST CAUSE THEY HAVE A RED TAG that doesn't do a lot to encourage more engagement. Kind words (yes you can be kind and disagree) go a long way to encouraging conversation :) Tbh I agree with everything you said. I'm personally feeling happy seeing you replying to people when you don't have to. So thank you for doing this. I personally worked as a Moderator for a gaming company(Moderate their online videogames and test hacks and stuff) and most people would flame me for everything negative the company does even tho I have nothing to do with it. Also not everyone is comfortable having tons of people reading their every word. But I think the negative comments and a lot of the problems originally came from the lack of communication. I think a lot of the current problems and perspectives might change when there's more communication. I bet you can feel that lack of communications, Right?
> [{quoted}](name=Hayato500,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002b00000001,timestamp=2019-08-31T06:37:16.225+0000) > > Tbh I agree with everything you said. I'm personally feeling happy seeing you replying to people when you don't have to. So thank you for doing this. > > I personally worked as a Moderator for a gaming company(Moderate their online videogames and test hacks and stuff) and most people would flame me for everything negative the company does even tho I have nothing to do with it. Also not everyone is comfortable having tons of people reading their every word. > > But I think the negative comments and a lot of the problems originally came from the lack of communication. I think a lot of the current problems and perspectives might change when there's more communication. > > I bet you can feel that lack of communications, Right? Yup, something like that. Its a chicken / egg problem and really the only way to break it is to just jump in wherever you find yourself :) Hence me responding to boards posts on a Sunday XD
mzicio (EUW)
: Hey, Bazerka! Do you have any spoiler-free thing you can tell us about the upcoming Fiddlesticks rework? (Also thank you for being such an active Rioter here on the boards, it's something we needed. :D)
> [{quoted}](name=mzicio,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2019-08-31T07:00:37.516+0000) > > Hey, Bazerka! > > Do you have any spoiler-free thing you can tell us about the upcoming Fiddlesticks rework? > > (Also thank you for being such an active Rioter here on the boards, it's something we needed. :D) sry I don't work on League so i wouldn't know :(. I'm just as excited as you though! The concept artwork that was shown looks awesome :3
: What's the real reason you guys reworked {{champion:136}} ? Besides the stuff said in the patch notes about him.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0031,timestamp=2019-08-31T10:02:50.279+0000) > > What's the real reason you guys reworked {{champion:136}} ? Besides the stuff said in the patch notes about him. Tbh idk, I assume its because his play rate was low and the team wanted to increase engagement with him? Not sure
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=00260000,timestamp=2019-08-31T01:55:25.630+0000) > > I'm not sure if you're memeing or if you're serious. If you're meme-ing I'd encourage you to maybe give some indication? If you're not, I really hope you're OK friend :(. As someone who has worked through (and tbh still does often times) depression and suicide its genuinely no joking matter. Please find someone to talk to (family, friends, therapist) and know that you are loved and cared about <3 I would say it stems from playing against Riven OTPs.
> [{quoted}](name=Ùnstoppable,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002600000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T11:22:16.429+0000) > > I would say it stems from playing against Riven OTPs. Would still say suicide is nothing to joke about :(.
Xplosion101 (EUNE)
: lol is it just coincidence that you decide to talk about the concept of opportunity cost or are you indirectly trying to blame League's recent back-to-back fails on TFT again?
> [{quoted}](name=Xplosion101,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0032,timestamp=2019-08-31T14:46:39.773+0000) > > lol is it just coincidence that you decide to talk about the concept of opportunity cost or are you indirectly trying to blame League's recent back-to-back fails on TFT again? I brought it up cause I felt a lot of the threads / messages I was receiving highlighted the concept without acknowledging it. Nothing more nothing less :)
: What is the real "opportunity cost" for making a skin for a niche/unpopular champ (like Taliyah) compared to one that has too many options (like Lux)?
> [{quoted}](name=TerraRising,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0033,timestamp=2019-08-31T19:58:10.502+0000) > > What is the real "opportunity cost" for making a skin for a niche/unpopular champ (like Taliyah) compared to one that has too many options (like Lux)? This is a solid question! I'll preface this by saying my response is _entirely a guess_, but tbh having run a business myself this is how I imagine the opportunity cost presents itself. A skin, regardless of the champ its for, will always cost roughly the same amount of money & time (for the sake of this example lets say it costs $600,000 and 9 months of work). So regardless if its for Taliyah or Lux, it costs the same to make. Now on the flip side Lux (as we know) is more popular than Taliyah and you can pretty safely guess that (again a guess here) that you can sell 1000 Taliyah skins OR 100,000 Lux skins. NOW - the profit from those skins goes pretty directly into: #1 paying your employees a good wage, #2 further development on things that are **less certain to make money, but could drive player growth and engagement** (and yes could potentially drive revenue to further fuel growth etc in the future). The opportunity cost of making a Taliyah skin vs a Lux skin is, in my mind, simply less finances, resources and time (money buys all 3 of those things pretty directly) to invest in things like new game modes, new champ development, new games (think Riot Game+S), and other things. Again, that is a super simplistic breakdown imho, but I think it highlights a couple really good concepts 1 - Nothing is free. Developers don't simply wave their wands and poop out content and games. It all costs money, time, blood, sweat and tears. To be clear I'm not saying that **its not worth it** to do things that dont drive revenue (for example Champ vgu's I imagine are a net negative revenue stream compared to skins. Again I **imagine** don't know for sure), but if a restaurant gives _all_ of their food & drinks away for free that restaurant would close down pretty quickly. They have to charge money for their work somewhere to stay around. 2 - I've seen a bunch of posts that Riot is "greedy and only thinking about money", and I can totally see and understand how and why it might feel that way (trust me I do). However, the other thing I think that example highlights is simply the fact that its not like Rioters are stuffing their pockets with dollar bills, but rather those funds (I prefer to view it as "trust" to use the [Jack Ma framework of thinking](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmZsUbYIfA) ) are being invested to give players the games ya'll deserve. Thats the mission and drive myself and my team head into work everyday with. To make a game that is worthy of players time, affection, love, and passion. Hope this helps! Again, these are all my own thoughts and are **not** actual data in the slightest :), just an example.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T05:32:48.394+0000) Yep. Rhaast in that universe is a Dark Star entity. There was some sort of gate/portal that opened that connects the 2 universes now. "You opened that gate? Excellent. I could use a change of scenery, you know." And Dark Cosmic Jhin has taken an interest to this new universe, because of course he did. "Fate holds an interest in the crew of the Morning Star, but fate ends where I begin."
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=000b0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T05:43:17.454+0000) > > Yep. Rhaast in that universe is a Dark Star entity. There was some sort of gate/portal that opened that connects the 2 universes now. > "You opened that gate? Excellent. I could use a change of scenery, you know." > > And Dark Cosmic Jhin has taken an interest to this new universe, because of course he did. > "Fate holds an interest in the crew of the Morning Star, but fate ends where I begin." makes sense, but I dont think cross overs are the same as a single universe situation like Star Guardian. For example DC and Marvel characters have done cross overs in the past, but you wouldn't call Spider Man a DC character.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002a0000,timestamp=2019-08-31T02:34:35.847+0000) > > hell yea o.o add me in league Apparently you are too popular. You have a full list.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002a00000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T02:57:00.301+0000) > > Apparently you are too popular. You have a full list. rip one sec, I'm not popular im just old AF
Hayato500 (EUW)
: Do you think that Rioters are communicating enough with the community? If no then why don't they? :)
> [{quoted}](name=Hayato500,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002b,timestamp=2019-08-31T03:15:31.932+0000) > > Do you think that Rioters are communicating enough with the community? If no then why don't they? :) So personally, I hope to see more Rioters engage with the community. However, I also understand why they dont. Often times Rioters tend to be introverts where conversation & large crowds (real or virtual doesn't really matter) are really stressful, so they don't engage. I want Rioters to engage with the community in the ways they feel the most comfortable is all. That being said, its a two person dance this communicating thing :). When people just ALL CAPS YELL ANGRY STUFF AT RIOTERS JUST CAUSE THEY HAVE A RED TAG that doesn't do a lot to encourage more engagement. Kind words (yes you can be kind and disagree) go a long way to encouraging conversation :)
: Does Riot's balance team play Ranked, and if so at what possible low rank do they play at? Also, do Riot devs only respond to threads that are positive and not negative, considering majority of threads on this forum are negative towards the game now? It would explain why we almost never see an employee comment on their decisions.
> [{quoted}](name=Slim Gragas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2019-08-31T03:18:04.036+0000) > > Does Riot's balance team play Ranked, and if so at what possible low rank do they play at? > > Also, do Riot devs only respond to threads that are positive and not negative, considering majority of threads on this forum are negative towards the game now? It would explain why we almost never see an employee comment on their decisions. If you look at my respond history I have a habit of primarily responding to difficult threads :O
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-08-30T22:17:24.638+0000) > > PERSONAL OPINIONA - its for brand recognition. In my mind those skins all live in the same lore and universe, and to me Star Guardian is the universe, not the name of the "good guys". Its like how the evil digimon are still called digimon, they live in that universe and are attached to it regardless of affiliation. But again thats just my suspicion :) Honestly, it just feels like a cop out (not that I blame you for the decision). After all, Odyssey and Dark Star share a universe. There's no reason a distinction couldn't have been made and advertised as a point of association.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T03:54:34.160+0000) > > Honestly, it just feels like a cop out (not that I blame you for the decision). After all, Odyssey and Dark Star share a universe. There's no reason a distinction couldn't have been made and advertised as a point of association. Dark star and odyssey share a universe? I wasn't aware of this...
: Any plans for Labor Day weekend?
> [{quoted}](name=Fisherman Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2019-08-31T01:59:26.520+0000) > > Any plans for Labor Day weekend? I'm going mountain biking!
: I know in the past there have been Rioters who will join people for their 1000th win. This isn't the same, but would you like to join for my 1,000,000th Taric mastery game coming up pretty soon?
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2019-08-31T02:10:29.531+0000) > > I know in the past there have been Rioters who will join people for their 1000th win. This isn't the same, but would you like to join for my 1,000,000th Taric mastery game coming up pretty soon? hell yea o.o add me in league
aZ3R0n (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T19:49:32.999+0000) > > An example (and part of the reason I ask) is that when Riot works on something heavily requested (lets take practice tool for example), that **costs** peoples time, attention, and focus. The **opportunity cost** than of doing practice tool might have been something like a delay of Clash (again just a fake example) or less resources and attention on Clash which might have led to the bugs and issues that were seen. Por que no los dos?
> [{quoted}](name=aZ3R0n,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2019-08-31T00:18:02.677+0000) > > Por que no los dos? because time, money, and man power are not infinite. Hence the reasoning for Opportunity Cost in the first place :)
: I think about shooting myself 8.3 times a day.
> [{quoted}](name=Ùnstoppable,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2019-08-31T00:52:53.830+0000) > > I think about shooting myself 8.3 times a day. I'm not sure if you're memeing or if you're serious. If you're meme-ing I'd encourage you to maybe give some indication? If you're not, I really hope you're OK friend :(. As someone who has worked through (and tbh still does often times) depression and suicide its genuinely no joking matter. Please find someone to talk to (family, friends, therapist) and know that you are loved and cared about <3
Larriet (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=00220000,timestamp=2019-08-30T23:46:04.118+0000) > > It doesn't have to vanish, but always does because play rates drop off a cliff (I think, obviously there are many other reasons here I suspect. This is the one that sticks out the most for me). If a mode goes unplayed it should be removed, otherwise it has the potential to cause bugs, issues, and a myriad of other issues in the client. Not to mention that the client could get **extremely** clunky Just imagine trying to find bugs for every one of those Event modes whenever a champion gets changed or we get a new champ/VGU on the roster--for example, enabling Neeko in Star Guardian: Invasion, or the next Marksman in PROJECT: OVERCHARGE. I personally would love for modes to come back at least once a year, but even that is a lot--having just Googled it, there are like 17, 6 of them have unique maps, and 12 of them have unique items/mechanics/tech that need to bugtested on top of all that. How DO 5 of one champ interact with one another? How does this AI act? Odyssey augments seem like a nightmare to program! Heck, having 6 players on one team has proven hard enough to program that they haven't had Hexakill once since I joined in early 2017.
> [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=002200000001,timestamp=2019-08-31T00:54:26.921+0000) > > Just imagine trying to find bugs for every one of those Event modes whenever a champion gets changed or we get a new champ/VGU on the roster--for example, enabling Neeko in Star Guardian: Invasion, or the next Marksman in PROJECT: OVERCHARGE. I personally would love for modes to come back at least once a year, but even that is a lot--having just Googled it, there are like 17, 6 of them have unique maps, and 12 of them have unique items/mechanics/tech that need to bugtested on top of all that. How DO 5 of one champ interact with one another? How does this AI act? Odyssey augments seem like a nightmare to program! > Heck, having 6 players on one team has proven hard enough to program that they haven't had Hexakill once since I joined in early 2017. Exactly! This is a great point I missed. Because we are a live update game, if we kept modes like that permanent everytime we added or updated a champion we would have to do all the work to update the modes as well. As time would go on those modes would either cost too much to upkeep or fall out of date
: Hi, thank you for talking to us. I have a major concern about Little Legends and how we are forced to gamble for them. So far, the feedback I've seen has been overwhelmingly negative. Are they any plans to make it so we can buy Little Legends outright like skins?
> [{quoted}](name=Espurr VI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fzsz0ty,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2019-08-31T01:03:04.600+0000) > > Hi, thank you for talking to us. I have a major concern about Little Legends and how we are forced to gamble for them. So far, the feedback I've seen has been overwhelmingly negative. Are they any plans to make it so we can buy Little Legends outright like skins? Hi! To be honest I'm not sure, but I completely understand your concerns (I share some of them myself) around the boxes. That being said, I do trust the team and individuals working on that game (almost all of them I consider friends) so I do know that they are trying their best to make a system & game that is good for players
Exibir mais

Bazerka

Nível 102 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão