: I Hate Vayne Top
Vayne top is annoying if you don't have a good jungler. Which happens more often than you think. She's more of a counterpick, so you can either ban her, or pick her, but then you might get outpicked by a heavy engage bruiser or a mage. It's still a game of choice, but it's annoying.
Comentários de Rioters
: Here we go again... You mean like {{champion:20}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:57}} . All some of the highest winrate champs in the game. 90% of the time in games, the team with the most tanks wins the game. Just nobody wants to play tanks cause they won't have "MUH DAMAGE". We're in a Sustain meta, tanks that are able to self sustain are going to do the best. But the whole "Tanks are useless" fad is probably one of the biggest fallacies I see prevalent on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7GtPhE3B,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-03T21:27:54.271+0000) > > Here we go again... > > You mean like {{champion:20}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:57}} . > > All some of the highest winrate champs in the game. 90% of the time in games, the team with the most tanks wins the game. Just nobody wants to play tanks cause they won't have "MUH DAMAGE". We're in a Sustain meta, tanks that are able to self sustain are going to do the best. But the whole "Tanks are useless" fad is probably one of the biggest fallacies I see prevalent on the boards. I would omit Shen and Maokai from that list. It is true that the more tanks you have on your team, the easier it is to carry games since your hyper carry can clean up. For instance, if you have a Sion/ Malphite/ Ornn top, a tanky jungler or a bruiser jungler, with a tanky support/ mid, or just Galio, you essentialy have a very good pick comp who also can act as a good bodyguard. However, this is mostly true in competitive. In solo queue, where people don't want to play tanks, then being a tank is a lot worse off. Obviously, the real complaint is that games are more volatile because people don't want to play anything but carries, and there's no one to protect them from the one-shot meta that exists. As a tank, I alone cannot carry games, but if I have another tanky partner or two, the game becomes a lot easier to manage. Between these two teams, which one has the most potential to win in solo queue: Riven, Lee Sin, Malzahar, Jinx, Janna vs. Malphite, Amumu, Ahri, Xayah, Rakan The second team has the easier team comp to pilot and get picks with, which is in essence what defines a solo queue game. I've seen it time and time again where games are easily lost in champ select. And the only time is the exceptions where the first team gets off a great snowball and they win through making the other team surrender. The solution is mostly to just inform the community to be more savvy with their champ picks, but Riot promotes a teamless cooperative game in solo queue due to lack of voice comm and encouraging muting. Competitive is fine with tank balance.
: Why do we even have champion classes?
League classes are outdated. They were made during a period, I believe around 2012, when Riot was finally detailing their older class system that was in the game. But it was abandoned a couple years later and really hasn't been followed since.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Profirix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8ha6BAqE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-03T01:19:00.908+0000) > > Balancing Aurelion Sol around conqueror is a bad idea. They should balance conqueror instead and/or give ASol better options for keystones. He made an update shortly after saying. "ASol nerf removed" "Ryze nerf will be lighter" "Conqueror ranged nerfs"
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8ha6BAqE,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-12-03T12:46:03.379+0000) > > He made an update shortly after saying. > > "ASol nerf removed" > "Ryze nerf will be lighter" > > > "Conqueror ranged nerfs" It's amazing how these designers just shootball all these expected changes, but then it takes the community to go "Wait, that's stupid" to make these designers fall back and go "Oops." Why do a lot of these designers sound like amateurs? Are they really that out of touch or is Riot not hiring the best people? If you're making money off $30 lux skins, I expect prime talent at their HQ. But since this username fiasco, and the Runes Reforged, and other failed ideas, I'm 100% convinced Riot doesn't know what it's doing.
: Why is this character so hard to like?
* Too much of a mary sue. * Boring as one. * Her drunk version was better. At least it gave her conflict that gets in the way of her being who she is.
nelogis (EUW)
: Complexity trough Simple Design vs Complexity trough Complexity
Singed was created during the Dota era of League. Twisted Fate follows the same design, and old Poppy did, too. What the old League/ Dota design had was that "here are your abilities. They may or may not synergize, but you can choose to how to use a champ based on which ability you choose to specialize in." So for instance, a Twisted fate could become either a DPS AD or an AP card slinger. Or he could focus on cdr and mana with his W and ult for utility. That was what league design use to be. Today, League is about each character being able to everything at once, and yet at the same time, not being able to go outside the box Riot has put them in. This is kind of why I like CertainlyT. I can tell through his designs that he thinks a lot of champions are boring, and he probably is inspired by Dota more than anything. There's so many mechanics to explore, but he's stuck to appealing to casual gamers first and foremost.
: Me: Hi I've had this login name since January of 2010
What a massive screwup for Riot's technological team. This problem had been solved ages ago by the likes of Steam, Blizzard, and any online service in the world. You could have easily done it the Blizzard way of adding a unique ID to the end of the username. What is going on is a big database oversight. I'm shooting generally here, but whatever check they are doing internally, they are sharing a database instance and/ or table with the same holding place as the regional accounts. I don't know what database tech they use (Microsoft Server, Oracle, MongoDB), but something is going on where they intentionally or unintentionally are doing comparisons and matching PBE and all regional accounts into this new global account.
SSG Elmo (NA)
: I refuse to change my username login.
> I don’t want to change my username! Give me back my old one! >Unfortunately, barring typos made during the username change process, Player Support will not be able to assist with granting changed usernames back. We definitely understand the pain here, but in order to ensure that every player is able to log in and continue playing League of Legends (as well as future products), we cannot reverse username changes once they are made. We won't be able to change it if you wanted to play. A dick move from Riot. I'm gone.
Drezden (NA)
: I just got this resolved. It seems it was my PBE account getting in the way. Copy that link to the name change, Open a "Incognito window" to clear any presignin information you may have saved, and post the URL (https://update-account.riotgames.com/) Change the drop down "NA" to "Public Beta" and change your name on there instead to like...your name PBE or something. That worked for me and let me back into my account!
> [{quoted}](name=Drezden,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P6PzXAwc,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:58:58.664+0000) > > I just got this resolved. It seems it was my PBE account getting in the way. > Copy that link to the name change, > Open a "Incognito window" to clear any presignin information you may have saved, and post the URL (https://update-account.riotgames.com/) > Change the drop down "NA" to "Public Beta" and change your name on there instead to like...your name PBE or something. > That worked for me and let me back into my account! This fix doesn't work if you made the change so you could play League (it won't let you play League until you changed it). So I changed it and put in a ticket to change it back. But because my main account is connected to my PBE account, my PBE account is now connected to my new username, so it's considered "updated." What mockery is this.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Cdore (NA)
: Remember when League was a game made for American and European audiences?
Usually, a competitor comes through to fill the spot popular games like League of Legends leave behind. As a game developer myself, I could see myself making a game that calls back to the old aspects that got me into League in the first place. Unfortunately, I lack the trust fund that Riot got, so I can't give reliable servers, multiple skins, and 3d model art required for such a project. So the barrier of entry into the market is very high. It's going to be a while before anyone can give us an alternative. I enjoy Dota 2's difficulty and breadth of skills. For instance, you won't ever see Ice Apparation's abilities in league. And I do miss point and click skills League use to have. It would make so much sense in this current meta of so much mobility. But I know LoL's strengths compared to Dota, such as a lot better control scheme, whereas I wish allowed less casual skills and gave us more creative items that you see in Dota. I always dreamed of a game with a mix of both game's strengths, but it may never come.
: I have the SAME exact issue right now. I submitted a ticket. I can't play the game, and I already tried all sorts of troubleshooting. I'm getting this error string in my logs: 000984.128| ALWAYS| rnet-product-registry| TransitionToCombinedPatchState: install 'league_of_legends.live' switching states 'UpToDate' -> 'OutOfDate' because 'URL mismatch: patching 'https://lol.secure.dyn.riotcdn.net/channels/public/releases/840DE3671E74D038.manifest', expected 'https://lol.secure.dyn.riotcdn.net/channels/public/releases/381399C402D0C903.manifest'' 001807.923| ERROR| RemotingServer: Failed to read from socket 127.0.0.1:51225, recv() returned: -1, errno: 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. 001807.923| ERROR| RemotingServer: Closing socket due to previous error.
> [{quoted}](name=42Squared,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=htNe3PIR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-21T01:47:34.915+0000) > > I have the SAME exact issue right now. I submitted a ticket. > > I can't play the game, and I already tried all sorts of troubleshooting. > > I'm getting this error string in my logs: > > 000984.128| ALWAYS| rnet-product-registry| TransitionToCombinedPatchState: install 'league_of_legends.live' switching states 'UpToDate' -> 'OutOfDate' because 'URL mismatch: patching 'https://lol.secure.dyn.riotcdn.net/channels/public/releases/840DE3671E74D038.manifest', expected 'https://lol.secure.dyn.riotcdn.net/channels/public/releases/381399C402D0C903.manifest'' > 001807.923| ERROR| RemotingServer: Failed to read from socket 127.0.0.1:51225, recv() returned: -1, errno: 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. > > 001807.923| ERROR| RemotingServer: Closing socket due to previous error. Try this: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/8TIfXKi9-client-not-opening-821-patch?comment=0002
Comentários de Rioters
: it has nothing to do with where you're from, it has to do with which gen you're from, you talk about rts being pioneered or what not, but those games are all but dead and you wanna know what's recently dominated without anything to with china, battle royales, fast paced, very little strategy and what not. But no your right if you don't like the game in this state then it has to be made for china.
> [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ZMfnoRZ,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-11-20T21:23:09.156+0000) > > it has nothing to do with where you're from, it has to do with which gen you're from, you talk about rts being pioneered or what not, but those games are all but dead and you wanna know what's recently dominated without anything to with china, battle royales, fast paced, very little strategy and what not. > > But no your right if you don't like the game in this state then it has to be made for china. Have you ever thought perhaps that the genre isn't dead, but companies abandoned the rts crowd for easier money?
: No, This game was made for everyone. Not for European and American audiences nor the Chinese audiences, everyone. That's why there's servers around the globe. Many westerners can also like the current state of the game, not only Chinese. because you don't like it doesn't mean the rest of the west don't like it. Stop with the generalization and gatekeeping.
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ZMfnoRZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-20T18:12:11.557+0000) > > No, This game was made for everyone. Not for European and American audiences nor the Chinese audiences, everyone. That's why there's servers around the globe. > > > Many westerners can also like the current state of the game, not only Chinese. because you don't like it doesn't mean the rest of the west don't like it. > > Stop with the generalization and gatekeeping. The PC RTS genre was pioneered by America and Europe. Dota came up merely cause of the strategic rts crowd. Moba was the streamlined version of rts, but still retained a lot of strategic aspects that its parent genre had. Today, League is not the same game as what brought up its popularity. It got changed into an fast paced arena game. I feel like Nexus Blitz was meant to be used for shorter games, but everyone like SR too much. So Riot/ Tencent forced the fast meta onto SR so we all have to play fast paced games.
Comentários de Rioters
Scarfang (EUW)
: Removal of Raptor Cloak and consequences
The truth is that none of the riot devs play top lane or play any role other than mid, adc, and support. Why do you think they always balance those roles, screw up jungle everytime, and ignore the imbalance of top lane?
: Goodbye Season 9 and Good Riddance
Season 9 isn't going anywhere. Season 10 is just the same thing with pretty new dragon rng effects. We're not off that train yet.
Teémò (NA)
: Why is vision always being removed from the game?
I equate league to a slot machine now. Everything has to be rng. Kills, gold, vision, objectives. I'm surprised there's still no rng turrets. No vision = more kills or in pros case, safer play or more volatile play since you cant guess when a two man or three man dive is coming. Thanks, Tencent.
: wouldn't {{item:3157}} be the *worst possible* tank item? a tank's purpose is to draw fire away from your team {{item:3157}}'s purpose is to draw fire away from YOU i agree with the rest of the post
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YNPYAxMF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-15T18:38:31.075+0000) > > wouldn't {{item:3157}} be the *worst possible* tank item? > > a tank's purpose is to draw fire away from your team > {{item:3157}}'s purpose is to draw fire away from YOU > > i agree with the rest of the post Theorectically yes, but it's active really lets you take a breather in the middle of a fight to let cds come back up and letting your team either follow up or move around. Imagine engaging with a tank, all your long cds are used, then using stasis. Now you don't get destroyed and you can have another rotation of abilities ready. That next rotation is very good for tanks, who already lack cdr builds atm. You would build this mostly on ap tanks so you can use the AP, too. Don't build it on Sion.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Yeah who knows their actual reason for removing it. They said it was too low risk, so I guess they havent played LoL in 3 years.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s9ZHO8uw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-14T11:20:09.366+0000) > > Yeah who knows their actual reason for removing it. They said it was too low risk, so I guess they havent played LoL in 3 years. Haha it's so true.
: I guess the idea behind it is that the stats from the tank items should be enough. Sadly this inst the case. In my opinion I think they should just increase the HP of tank items like {{item:3068}} and {{item:3065}} back to 500 and see how that helps tanks. Its a small change and I doubt it will 100% be the solution to making tanks more viable over carries, but its a small step forward rather than a too big of step forward and tanks become broken again.
> [{quoted}](name=BrightWîngs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YNPYAxMF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-15T07:06:38.674+0000) > > I guess the idea behind it is that the stats from the tank items should be enough. Sadly this inst the case. In my opinion I think they should just increase the HP of tank items like {{item:3068}} and {{item:3065}} back to 500 and see how that helps tanks. Its a small change and I doubt it will 100% be the solution to making tanks more viable over carries, but its a small step forward rather than a too big of step forward and tanks become broken again. The hilarious part is that Ornn essentially brings two tank items up to par: {{item:3373}} {{item:3379}} . Wearing at least these two, I was able to break 4K health for the first time in a long time. If there is another tank or two on your team as Ornn, you can get them similar boosts as long as they one of these two items. As you realize, this is still a very big requirement. He only has limited items he can upgrade, has to hit level 12, which is considered endgame these days, and then he has to level up, with each level letting upgrade one person's items. And then the biggest requirement, another tank has to be on Ornn's team, which never ever happens these days.
Comentários de Rioters
: Aurelion Sol Patch 9 is the worst thing in the game
I have a feeling one of the Rioter's got ganked by Sol and then decided to shit on him in the patch notes. I sympathize, I've never seen a champ get deleted so badly since ivern and season 7 elise.
: YouTube is planning on banning everyone who uses Adblock software
Ha, most of youtube's content is made and owned by the content creators. Youtube tried to make their own original videos to justify the payment, but those originals suck compared to original content. Good luck banning the lifeblood of their service. If they want to kill themselves, let them. I'll still use adblock.
: {{champion:134}} I HAVE MORE MUSCLE IN ONE FINGER THAN THE REST OF MY BODY COMBINED *giant finger looms over the R button*
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wE5Erj7E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-14T15:38:57.813+0000) > > {{champion:134}} I HAVE MORE MUSCLE IN ONE FINGER THAN THE REST OF MY BODY COMBINED > *giant finger looms over the R button* Is that a...is that Yu Yu Hakusho reference?
Comentários de Rioters
koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
If you are wondering why players are worse and why the gameplay is becoming too bursty, all of it is because of Riot's decisions. * They chose to have players be able to have fun solo more than as a team. * All their champion designs are deliberately done so you can have a chance to carry the game or at least have fun. This was literally their words during their design notes. * Riot reduced the impact of players having to work as a team, and increased players selfishly depending on themselves. Solo queue ranked is a big contributor to this. * No voice comms further increases the divide between players. Might as well hide away all your teammate names and make chatting a non feature at this rate. * Focusing game and visual design more on getting the casual anime audience and pushing out the PC strategy audience. This includes pushing chests and skin sales in favor of smarter game design. The moment this happened, that PC player with some experience in other RTS was replaced with a 12 year old that is playing fortnite and minecraft. Back in early seasons, each player came to the game knowing that there was an overall strategy to play out and everyone had a role to play. There was a carry, a tank, one or two supports, and someone to take jungle camps, making three solo lanes, and 1 duo lane. Supports and junglers spent their income on vision control, carries farmed to try to get to their damage items, and the tank held a lane to farm up defensive items. Nowadays, you can have five carries and still win games off that alone due to the free damage and gold given to everyone.
Bârd (NA)
: A big part of damage creep isn't just the raw numbers, it's the items people buy early on.
I sometimes wish Icefrog and some of the other Moba experts were the ones who designed League. I like where League started through season 2, but when it became more like an arcade game and less strategy, it's when a lot of things just got out of control.
koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
Tencent is doing that. I wish people start to realize all these mechanics is influenced by the chinese market, which Tencent has a big hand in. A 100% owned Riot = Tencent.
xALESIAx (EUW)
: I'm going to refund True Damage Ekko if you do not add a way to mute the in-game music.
The only time a Rioter ever shows up to these boards to comment is only when it is about something that is their money maker for the month. Imagine that.
Comentários de Rioters
MF MF MF (EUW)
: Is the removal of Kleptomancy really necessary?
A lot of abilities like Grasp and Klepto wouldn't be a problem on ranged if we kept it from procing with on-hit abilities. On-hit abilities have been the single most aggravating part of some of these runes.
Talisid (NA)
: DOTA is a good game and all that but I don't want this game to become DOTA. If i wanted that, I would just play DOTA
> [{quoted}](name=Talisid,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P5TYZHs8,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-11-04T21:29:14.178+0000) > > DOTA is a good game and all that but I don't want this game to become DOTA. > > If i wanted that, I would just play DOTA Tp Scrolls are not what makes Dota different from LoL. There's tons of things that differentiate the games. In fact, League did have TP scrolls in an early build of the game. They even had the Blink Dagger from Dota. That eventually became a summoner spell, along with Teleport.
Bârd (NA)
: Instead of getting rid of Stopwatch, make it a summoner spell. **Stasis** 270 second CD Become invulnerable and untargetable for 2.5 seconds, but unable to take actions.
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P5TYZHs8,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-11-04T18:47:12.502+0000) > > Instead of getting rid of Stopwatch, make it a summoner spell. > > **Stasis** > 270 second CD > Become invulnerable and untargetable for 2.5 seconds, but unable to take actions. That's not a bad idea. Not bad at all, actually. Still, I rather they rethink summoner spells in truth. They were a neat idea back then, but the game has involved so much that certain mechanics are hallmarks at this point. Flash, for instance, seems like it's just a defacto spell, that should be as available as trinkets. Teleport is also an important spell, so either having it as an item, or something obtained in game seems appropriate,t oo.
: The opposite has happened, with incredible snowball and insane damage, combined with bounties and other comeback mechanics the games can end in under 20 minutes from simply a few small mistakes. Meaning that players have to be way more alert and intelligent with what they do. Players came come back from thousands of gold behind if they manage to outplay their opponents and quickly swing the game into their favour. There is no way the game has been dumbed down with how significant a single kill can be.
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uqlE2Yi5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-03T14:38:53.805+0000) > > The opposite has happened, with incredible snowball and insane damage, combined with bounties and other comeback mechanics the games can end in under 20 minutes from simply a few small mistakes. Meaning that players have to be way more alert and intelligent with what they do. Players came come back from thousands of gold behind if they manage to outplay their opponents and quickly swing the game into their favour. > > There is no way the game has been dumbed down with how significant a single kill can be. I wouldn't call playing safer as intelligently. Anyone can play away from the lane or opt out of being away from their turret, but that doesn't make it anymore "strategic". Even a bronze player can play like that.
Comentários de Rioters
usul1202 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-30T17:16:20.588+0000) > > And yet, none of what you said is evidence that Ornn will receive a new skin. And for some reason, you say it so confidently. So you don't actually give a shit about unpopular skins, or anyone else's champions. This is purely a greed thread about only your perceived problem. Got it. Nothing about skin favoritism as a whole, just that you're on the short stick of it. Guess there'd be a karma version of you if ornn had gotten that dark star skin instead of her.
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-10-31T05:20:50.293+0000) > > So you don't actually give a shit about unpopular skins, or anyone else's champions. This is purely a greed thread about only your perceived problem. Got it. Nothing about skin favoritism as a whole, just that you're on the short stick of it. Guess there'd be a karma version of you if ornn had gotten that dark star skin instead of her. Please point out where I said I don't care for unpopular skins. If you're going to make such a strong claim, just like that Ornn statement, provide evidence.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-30T17:16:20.588+0000) > > And yet, none of what you said is evidence that Ornn will receive a new skin. And for some reason, you say it so confidently. Because Riot said they go through the champions with no skins and give them skins, this initiative started a few years ago. It's slow but they made Dragon Zyra as result of it, etc. Dark Star Shaco is probably the same deal. This list of "Crap skins" I gave you is to prove they're going through some of the neglected champs to give them a skin. Again, the champ has to be able to fit the category. Ornn could get a heartbreaker skin imo. Beauty and the beast theme, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Prestige Vayne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T18:09:01.275+0000) > > Because Riot said they go through the champions with no skins and give them skins, this initiative started a few years ago. It's slow but they made Dragon Zyra as result of it, etc. Dark Star Shaco is probably the same deal. This list of "Crap skins" I gave you is to prove they're going through some of the neglected champs to give them a skin. > > Again, the champ has to be able to fit the category. Ornn could get a heartbreaker skin imo. Beauty and the beast theme, etc. ... How long ago was Ornn released?
: What are these "Trash" skins? Who are these champs? They're all off meta. Yet they got a skin in the past 12 months... * Arclight Brand? * Academia Jayce? * Papercraft Aniva and Nunu? * Blood moon Sivir? Hextech Renekton? * Solar/Lunar Leona? * Preatorian Fiddlesticks? * Dark star Shaco? * Karma? * HEART BREAKER VI? LMAO. WHO EVEN PLAYS VI. * Heart Breaker Fiora This is all in the last 12 months. I can keep going though. Like who the fuck asked for Resistance Illaoi? Who even plays her? Even as a botlane main, I don't see Janna being played much as say Pyke or Lux. Yet she got a Halloween skin with full chroma treatment just last year. Posts like these are never thought out nor do they present evidence. Anyways, the list of these skins pretty much proves your points wrong. Sure there isn't an Ornn skin but there probably will be. They made a Dark Star Shaco, so an Ornn one is probably on the way as they rotate through the bottom of the skinless.
> [{quoted}](name=Prestige Vayne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-30T16:33:05.472+0000) > > What are these "Trash" skins? Who are these champs? They're all off meta. Yet they got a skin in the past 12 months... > > * Arclight Brand? > * Academia Jayce? > * Papercraft Aniva and Nunu? > * Blood moon Sivir? Hextech Renekton? > * Solar/Lunar Leona? > * Preatorian Fiddlesticks? > * Dark star Shaco? > * Karma? > * HEART BREAKER VI? LMAO. WHO EVEN PLAYS VI. > * Heart Breaker Fiora > > This is all in the last 12 months. I can keep going though. > > Like who the fuck asked for Resistance Illaoi? Who even plays her? Even as a botlane main, I don't see Janna being played much as say Pyke or Lux. Yet she got a Halloween skin with full chroma treatment just last year. > > Posts like these are never thought out nor do they present evidence. Anyways, the list of these skins pretty much proves your points wrong. Sure there isn't an Ornn skin but there probably will be. They made a Dark Star Shaco, so an Ornn one is probably on the way as they rotate through the bottom of the skinless. And yet, none of what you said is evidence that Ornn will receive a new skin. And for some reason, you say it so confidently.
usul1202 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T21:10:12.308+0000) > > The answer to the "why would they make a skin that makes less than 10% profit" is because of exactly what I pointed out: there's players who do play those champs who DO buy those skins cause they barely get any. You're saying right now that there is no reason to make a skin for say, Ornn players, cause there's barely any of them right? So he should keep only two skins. So if Ornn got a new skin, in your eyes, it won't sell well, correct? Are you saying no Ornn player will buy the new Ornn skin? And are you also saying that no person who plays Ornn won't ever buy the skin just to try it out? > > As for this line: _"A (former?) rioter flat said that a skin they had high hopes for made less profit than her annual salary despite it's niceness, as it was for an unpopular champ."_ > > What was her annual salary? Let's say it was 50K. Is 50K a standard for skins to meet? That's a pretty damn high standard for a released skin, for a company that releases dozens a month. So what is it? Do skins have to sell near 100K to be "profitable" or is it just all talk? > > There is one more thing you're missing: maybe the skin was boring. Paparcraft skins are nice aesethically, but what would have happened if she got a KDA skin instead? KDA Anivia wouldnt sell? Yea, it wouldnt be as profitable to make a skin for ornn ... Or Nocturne.... Or karma.... Or veigar... Like they just did for those 3. Just because a champ you care about didn't get one doesn't mean they aren't making them. Under 6 figures was the number I saw for the salary. Never saw an exact number but boards sleuths agreed on that. Maybe it was boring, but festival queen anivia isn't for sure. That skin is vibrant and active as hell, no more skins from that line either (although no comment on them from riot). Meanwhile, elderwood is (imo) about as boring as papercraft for the new skins, and aesthetic skins have succeeded before, like the arc light line. (also, kda bird would be hilarious, but I can't see it selling at all)
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T13:52:07.358+0000) > > Yea, it wouldnt be as profitable to make a skin for ornn ... Or Nocturne.... Or karma.... Or veigar... Like they just did for those 3. Just because a champ you care about didn't get one doesn't mean they aren't making them. > > Under 6 figures was the number I saw for the salary. Never saw an exact number but boards sleuths agreed on that. > > Maybe it was boring, but festival queen anivia isn't for sure. That skin is vibrant and active as hell, no more skins from that line either (although no comment on them from riot). Meanwhile, elderwood is (imo) about as boring as papercraft for the new skins, and aesthetic skins have succeeded before, like the arc light line. (also, kda bird would be hilarious, but I can't see it selling at all) Then would you agree that Riot likes to spam skins with easy assets being made or reused if it's for an unpopular champ? For instance, the elderwood or the Marauder line of skins were spammed cause they were easy to put on other champs? A KDA Anivia would sell, because Riot never said it wouldn't. The problem we have run into here is that Riot chooses to put more work toward certain champs and less toward ones they can care less about. When all four champs under KDA got skins, I bet you those four champs got an increase in players. Skins can raise popularity as much as if they are broken or not. Riot can choose to give cool skins to any champ. If Ornn got a legendary tomorrow, his playrate will increase, no doubt. By how much, we don't know, but if it was like Udyr, it would stay up for a few months then fall again.
usul1202 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T19:57:38.701+0000) > > That's the problem here: making skins for champs with low pick rates is not a bad thing. It was never a bad thing until Tencent entered the picture, and now the fanbase has been brainwashed that "non popular champs getting skins = bad". This is precisely the problem I am talking about. This stupid mindset. > > * Champs are only unpopular when their winrates are low. If they had more fun kits like the current top performing champs, that would change overnight. Riot controls what champs are popular more often than not. > * The people who main Anivia finally get a new skin. They are happy. Selling poor for League is not a bad thing. There are 5K people who play Anivia in Gold, 5K in Silver, 1K in Bronze, and 2K above plat. And this is only in NA. If only 10% of those people bought the papercraft skins, Riot still makes profit, and it only grows from there. Tencent has owned riot for quite a while, but afaik their clause is non-controlling, just money in, more money out. Beyond that, though, anivia has sat around a 50%+ winrate for ages (https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/anivia, graph looks similar but slightly better than yasuo's), and it failed. her win rate isn't a problem there, she's quite balanced. I'm scrolling through op.gg's list of champs by winrate, and tons of the high winrate champs are going long times without skins. Meanwhile, champs topping playrate (regardless of winrate) are getting skins. A (former?) rioter flat said that a skin they had high hopes for made less profit than her annual salary despite it's niceness, as it was for an unpopular champ. Meanwhile, I'd make an easy bet that the KDA skins are worth millions. As a company, why would they make a skin that makes less than 10% of the profit of one takes the same amount of work? The answer is because of connecting with the playerbase, which is why we got stuff like the veigar, noc, and karma skins. They absolutely didn't sell well, but they got made. If riot posted that the elderwood ahri outsold those 3 combined, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. And so while I would absolutely love to have some of my dream velkoz skins made for my main, There's no way to fault riot imo, because they are still making skins like the 3 listed while making others to actually turn a profit like a company does.
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T21:01:05.769+0000) > > Tencent has owned riot for quite a while, but afaik their clause is non-controlling, just money in, more money out. > > Beyond that, though, anivia has sat around a 50%+ winrate for ages (https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/anivia, graph looks similar but slightly better than yasuo's), and it failed. her win rate isn't a problem there, she's quite balanced. I'm scrolling through op.gg's list of champs by winrate, and tons of the high winrate champs are going long times without skins. Meanwhile, champs topping playrate (regardless of winrate) are getting skins. > > A (former?) rioter flat said that a skin they had high hopes for made less profit than her annual salary despite it's niceness, as it was for an unpopular champ. Meanwhile, I'd make an easy bet that the KDA skins are worth millions. > > As a company, why would they make a skin that makes less than 10% of the profit of one takes the same amount of work? The answer is because of connecting with the playerbase, which is why we got stuff like the veigar, noc, and karma skins. They absolutely didn't sell well, but they got made. If riot posted that the elderwood ahri outsold those 3 combined, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. > > And so while I would absolutely love to have some of my dream velkoz skins made for my main, There's no way to fault riot imo, because they are still making skins like the 3 listed while making others to actually turn a profit like a company does. The answer to the "why would they make a skin that makes less than 10% profit" is because of exactly what I pointed out: there's players who do play those champs who DO buy those skins cause they barely get any. You're saying right now that there is no reason to make a skin for say, Ornn players, cause there's barely any of them right? So he should keep only two skins. So if Ornn got a new skin, in your eyes, it won't sell well, correct? Are you saying no Ornn player will buy the new Ornn skin? And are you also saying that no person who plays Ornn won't ever buy the skin just to try it out? As for this line: _"A (former?) rioter flat said that a skin they had high hopes for made less profit than her annual salary despite it's niceness, as it was for an unpopular champ."_ What was her annual salary? Let's say it was 50K. Is 50K a standard for skins to meet? That's a pretty damn high standard for a released skin, for a company that releases dozens a month. So what is it? Do skins have to sell near 100K to be "profitable" or is it just all talk? There is one more thing you're missing: maybe the skin was boring. Paparcraft skins are nice aesethically, but what would have happened if she got a KDA skin instead? KDA Anivia wouldnt sell?
: I just don't understand why I am getting flamed in URF
usul1202 (NA)
: But they try shit like this. The papercraft skins were absolutely beautiful imo (and by most of the consensus I've seen), no significant anivia play, and they sold so poorly the skinline didn't get renewed...
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=96jIH7L5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-29T19:50:16.885+0000) > > But they try shit like this. The papercraft skins were absolutely beautiful imo (and by most of the consensus I've seen), no significant anivia play, and they sold so poorly the skinline didn't get renewed... That's the problem here: making skins for champs with low pick rates is not a bad thing. It was never a bad thing until Tencent entered the picture, and now the fanbase has been brainwashed that "non popular champs getting skins = bad". This is precisely the problem I am talking about. This stupid mindset. * Champs are only unpopular when their winrates are low. If they had more fun kits like the current top performing champs, that would change overnight. Riot controls what champs are popular more often than not. * The people who main Anivia finally get a new skin. They are happy. Selling poor for League is not a bad thing. There are 5K people who play Anivia in Gold, 5K in Silver, 1K in Bronze, and 2K above plat. And this is only in NA. If only 10% of those people bought the papercraft skins, Riot still makes profit, and it only grows from there.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: I understand why banner was removed and ohmwrecker they was problematic and took away other players ability to play. When 5 players built banner and rushed lanes with it it forced the other team to do the same in the Hope's it would help counter that. That in its self is taking away player choice because you was forced to build that item or you lose games was decided if multiple banners was built on one team and people knew this which is why it had to be removed. Ohmwrecker is just a problem especially when bards ulti exists. Other items not so sure.
> [{quoted}](name=Ninja Anubis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NR5ugnNG,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-10-24T14:36:13.421+0000) > > I understand why banner was removed and ohmwrecker they was problematic and took away other players ability to play. When 5 players built banner and rushed lanes with it it forced the other team to do the same in the Hope's it would help counter that. That in its self is taking away player choice because you was forced to build that item or you lose games was decided if multiple banners was built on one team and people knew this which is why it had to be removed. Ohmwrecker is just a problem especially when bards ulti exists. Other items not so sure. Currently, there's a lot of other things that takes away player's ability to play. For one, OP runes that dish out damage.
: CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A SERVER IN AFRICA!!!
No market there, which is why.
Exibir mais

Cdore

Nível 207 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão