: 2018 had it lose 20% of the N.A playerbase, so I wouldn't say it's healthy.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: With the jungle changes and snowball if you don't fix matchmaking this game will die fast
Games been dying fast for 3 years now according to boards. Settle down
: I remember when Camille went to the PBE. Some people were throwing fits that her healing on W is going to be absolutely broken, because they have seen videos of Camille healing her entire health bar on PBE. Since there were videos for it, on paper, yes, that was possible. However, the people making the video tested her healing against a Cho'Gath with tons of ult stacks and building 6 Frozen Mallets. Her W deals %max health damage and heals her for the damage she deals with it. Against a target with around 10k HP without any resistances whatsoever, yes, she will heal a ton. Was really annoying to explain to people that this will never happen in any serious match whatsoever.
Her W healing was broken as fuck on release though? And been nerfed a bunch + mechanics removed (I.e. minion healing)
: Season 6 Worlds: 2300G 15% Heal/Shield 50% Mana Regen 60 AP Buffed Champions Heal for 20 on hit Buffed Champions gain 30 on hit damage Buffed Champions gain 20% Attack Speed Season 7 Worlds: 2300G 10% Heal/Shield 50% Mana Regen 60 AP REMOVED: Buffed Champions no longer heal on hit. Buffed Champions gain 20-35 On hit damage. Buffed Champions gain 20-35% Attack Speed. New: Caster also gains On Hit damage bonus. In other words, on average: Same cost 5% Less Heal/Shield in Season 7 Same Mana Regen Same AP 20 (Technically up to 35 because early season 7 the heal was buffed to 20-35) less heal on hit. 2.5 Average less damage per on hit in Season 7 Average 7.5% more attack speed. Self buffing attack damage. On October 25th (Still in end of Season) the on hit was reduced to 5-20, and the attack speed to 10-30%, implementing a massive End of Worlds Nerf. Conclusion: The only positive gains the item got in Season 7 were offset by the fact that the item no longer healed, by giving a little more attack speed. Or Worse. You can spam troll all you want (you actually just admitted it). Facts are facts.
You don’t know what a worlds patch is and you’re talking about end of season changes. I cannot argue with someone this stupid. Peace.
: Personally I think it was just one of those situations where an effect was subtle enough to go under the radar for about 1 1/2 seasons to players. Season6 it was insanely powerful, and Riot started paring it down, but players weren't really noticing it because the vision impact wasn't some 1 shot effect. Since both teams ran enchanters, both teams generally had one, which resulted in both teams both healing each other AND damaging each other. It became more visible in Season 7 because of the removal of the heal, and the beginning of Mage support meta, even though it was a weaker item.
No. You are wrong. There are easy as shit ways to prove you’re wrong. Like doing 2 seconds of research on worlds season 7 will show you. https://youtu.be/PHp95KO8en4 I don’t know how you can be adamant on something this disgustingly incorrect. I see you around boards making straight up false posts and it’s embarrassing. Aren’t you the same clown that told me ROA first item on Velkoz support was good, while complaining that riot was holding you back with over 1k solo games played? God damn this is why boards sucks. I can’t even roast you without getting banned, while you can spew garbage everywhere.
: The faces of Ardent Meta were {{champion:43}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} (Aoe shield spam, Aoe shield/2 heal on relative spam, and Rapid fire heals/aoe global heal) Lulu and Janna were far more situational. Janna's main purpose in Season 7 was buffing the multiplicative scaling Jhin where he got up to 1600-2000 AD. I play Soraka as offtank, and it far exceeds the win average. By reducing her incoming damage, you make her heals more reliable, her damage more reliable, and you blow entire teams' abilities just to kill her, leaving them as fodder for your team (worst scenario) Best scenario you survive and slaughter them anyways. I am 100% singled out in my games because of how toxic this is.
Janna and Lulu were the two most contested picks in the ardent meta of worlds 2017. Sona/Soraka were barely seen.
: "It's not about KDA"
: > [{quoted}](name=2gudaiya,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LFEGEzPs,comment-id=00050000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-31T10:23:16.558+0000) > > literally everything is playable, you just have to be good enough at it. Once you reach plat and especially after diamond this statement is such a stinking load of shit.
Considering people are playing fucking Wukong mid in grandmasters Id say no, almost every champion is viable up to Challenger.
: Enchanted have the highest winrate of the supports. A good enchanter has more than enough tools to make an assassian useless
Enchanter mains can’t function when their champions aren’t 55% win rate + broken tier. Reality is it takes a lot less skill to play an enchanter effectively than any other role or lane. I’ve been abusing Janna for free LP while I’m at home with shitty ping spiking Internet. It’s easier for me to win with Janna while misusing abilities and having my game freeze randomly than play thresh normally. That’s why I think it’s hilarious when I see enchanter mains on boards bitching about their champions.
: Uh... so I just had a g3 player in diamond...
wCTed (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mVFJnUjE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-27T21:50:37.783+0000) > > Why do you have 22 wins and 7 losses then? Stupid ass post lmao. Some games are unwinnable. If you’re hardstuck for 900 games then you are just bad. If you’re stuck for 90 games then it doesn’t mean anything. its not hard to be always polite and nice to people and also u lose nothing with being nice to people. ur language is a bit harsh. that is exactly what im saying. why i have 7 loses ? i shouldnt have 7 loses. if my score as d1 smurf iss 22-7 then of course a regular gold/silver player will be 22-22 or even worse . > Some games are unwinnable Thats not what RIOT said. Riot says every game is winnable and u have 50% chance to win every game. thats my problem. if some games are unwinnable why RIOT dares to lie to playerbase and tell them that you have 50% chance to win everygame? > If you’re hardstuck for 900 games then you are just bad i have 1200 games on my main and 52% winrate . so according to ur logic . im just a bad player ? in other hand. dont u see every player and every streamer and every challenger and even pro players are hard complaining about matchmaking system ? are they bad ? are they all wrong ? Why are u trying so hard to disagree and insulting me when its clearly obvious for every person that the system is broken.
> [{quoted}](name=wCTed,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mVFJnUjE,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-12-27T22:05:21.140+0000) > > its not hard to be always polite and nice to people and also u lose nothing with being nice to people. ur language is a bit harsh. > that is exactly what im saying. why i have 7 loses ? i shouldnt have 7 loses. if my score as d1 smurf iss 22-7 then of course a regular gold/silver player will be 22-22 or even worse . > > Thats not what RIOT said. Riot says every game is winnable and u have 50% chance to win every game. thats my problem. if some games are unwinnable why RIOT dares to lie to playerbase and tell them that you have 50% chance to win everygame? > > i have 1200 games on my main and 52% winrate . so according to ur logic . im just a bad player ? > > in other hand. dont u see every player and every streamer and every challenger and even pro players are hard complaining about matchmaking system ? are they bad ? are they all wrong ? Why are u trying so hard to disagree and insulting me when its clearly obvious for every person that the system is broken. Idk if you’re being intentionally obtuse. I’m guessing English is not your first language so maybe it’s not your fault that you make 0 sense. No, there is no “you have a 50% chance to win every game”. You should have a 50% _win rate_ over a large sample of games. I think your poor grasp of the English language might make the distinction difficult. Yes, some games are unwinnable, but some games are also unloseable. Plus you’re a Trynd 1-trick in Diamond 1, maybe just spam Trynd and you’ll have a better than 22-7 win rate. I know Challenger tryndameres that get stuck on Plat/Diamond on other champions - because you’re not actually D1 on every champion. Having a 1200 game 50% win rate means you’re as good or as bad as D1. Play 1200 games on this account and if you’ll probably be in D1 again. So what’s your point? If you’re hardstuck 1200 games in silver then you deserve silver.
wCTed (EUW)
: Guys You are absolutely right if u are hardstuck . now i understand you
Why do you have 22 wins and 7 losses then? Stupid ass post lmao. Some games are unwinnable. If you’re hardstuck for 900 games then you are just bad. If you’re stuck for 90 games then it doesn’t mean anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UO5lhq0E,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-25T20:20:39.808+0000) > > If elo hell does exists it sure as hell is not in silver elo. It's in Plat 4 and Diamond 4. Those are the two worst spots.
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UO5lhq0E,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-25T20:45:47.963+0000) > > It's in Plat 4 and Diamond 4. Those are the two worst spots. D4 is the worst because the enemy is finally somewhat competent enough to stop you from carrying it if your team sucks. And some people don’t wanna play the game (my last game Xin said “ff 15” at 6 minutes even though we were ahead - then proceeded to run it down). Also it’s the elo with the most smurfs (because smurfs shoot through gold/plat quickly, plateau around D4)
: "Elo Hell Doesn't Exist"
I don’t even know what silver 4 looks like because I clap people in that elo so hard it’s hard to stay there for more than 6 games. It’s like playing against bots.
: This Season Feels Like its 100% more dependent on luck
: Fix your matchmaking.
Consistently do no damage in every game you play. Low kill participation in every game. Your lack of skill is probably the reason you are hardstuck silver.
: Why not tie if you can upvote or not on weather or not your level 30+ (not posting, just voting) After all if one is still super new to the game they usually don't know what is a good post or not to vote for.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAkgys34,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-13T00:37:06.191+0000) > > Why not tie if you can upvote or not on weather or not your level 30+ (not posting, just voting) After all if one is still super new to the game they usually don't know what is a good post or not to vote for. it already is
: i feel like all of the people commenting in favor of the support item changes arent support players
: Theyre making them to favor mages and fighters as supports. Not actual supports.
17171 (EUW)
: Lets sum up the final and get a look at why it seemed rigged.
> [{quoted}](name=17171,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=qGE1cuVy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-11T10:10:55.060+0000) > > . G2 Looked mentally beaten before first game even startet. > - Wunder´s Ryze in game 1 with comet instead of Phase Rush. Rushing Archangel´s staff before RoA? > - FPX beat G2 3 out of 3 games with the most common soloQ tactic: Push mid and roam with jungle and yet G2 didn´t have an answer for the most common tactic? > - Putting Wunder on carry 3 out of 3 games? > - Uses the hole week to tell the world that Dionb lack mechanics compared to other mids. Don´t give any winning lanes for Caps so he can stop Doinb form roaming? > - Leaves Lee Sin for Tian 3 out of 3 games? > - Jankos "The first blood king" has never played this passive - Did he even gank once in the early game? > - The Rotate top in game 2 to get prio on Harald, just to see Jankos path bot and give free Harald? > - Mikyx afk for 3 out of 3 games? > - G2 Is well known for always trading objectives and make counterplays on the otherside of the map, when the enemy setup plays. In these games G2 just Watched it happen? > - The Worlds song: "Fly Phoenix Fly"? > - More? > > I´m not saying its rigged, but I understand why it looks like it. 1. What? 2. A lot of people have their own builds. Is Nuguri running Klepto every game mean he inted and G2 got a scripted win? 3. G2 won against SKT twice by just running as 5 into a coinflip teamfight and won because SKT fucked up execution. G2 sending 2 people to random lanes doesn’t work when the enemy team is descisive either. G2s bullshit got called every time they tried to force an infernal while Korean/LEC teams would just give it up. 4. Wunder plays carries this whole year. Only on Ornn duty against Khan because he was getting his cheeks clapped. GimGoon is a weaker laner. 5. Tristana is a winning lane into Ryze. Same thing Faker used against Nemesis to clap Fnatic. Just because Caps got skill checked doesn’t mean they didn’t try. 6. Jankos has been mediocre at best all tournament and his champ pool has been exposed hard. Caps is doing more jungling than Jankos this worlds. Tian is the far superior jungler and G2 is forced to ban Qiyana because Jankos is an inter on the pick. 7. Jankos has had questionable pathing all year. Look at how he exposes Whnders lane at MSI with his trash J4 pathing in groups game 2 AGAINST skt 8. Mikyx plays super aggro and it usually works. He plays supremely greedy which works in G2s favor until the enemy team calls them on their bullshit. “You can’t just walk up here, idiot” - FPX when Mikyx plays likes he’s invincible, which works against shittier teams. 9. No, G2 “tried” trading objectives. Rewatch the games. They did the same play they did against SKT. SKT got scared and reset and lost things. FPX called them on their bullshit and rammed it down their throats. A good team won’t let G2 hold 3v5 like SKT did. FPX aren’t scared to force on G2 when they send people to side lanes randomly.
: im not sad cause eu lost, im sad because...
G2s weaknesses just got exposed in this series. They lost all 4 early games to SKT. SKT couldn't close properly with baron (6 barons to 1). Once G2 met a team that actually knew how to use baron they got clapped. They tried to do their fancy 2 man hovers top lane, and FPX was like "uhh, we'll take baron idiot". SKT did the same thing - they just played scared. FPX forced G2 to respond to them, whereas SKT just responded to G2
Jikker (NA)
: > 14-16 hours days most of the days That's not dedication, that's unhealthy. Like seriously, that is REALLY unhealthy and if anything, at least NA players are taking care of their health on the side. Going on a vacation? Also healthy and mentally refreshing after some terrible losses. I don't fault any player for that.
SKT goes on vacations. G2 take 2 days off a week - more than any other team in LEC. They actually work less to avoid burnout. “Work ethic” argument is trash.
: Is Thresh A Tank?
No, Thresh is actually quite squishy compared to real tanks. Without aftershock, he’s almost as easy (or easier, due to coin vs dorans) to burst down than the adc (in early game). He’s about as tanky as your mid laner during most stages of the game (usually underleveled, doesn’t build health until solari is complete). Compare that to someone like Blitz/Naut/Leona who are much tankier.
: But you are P3, hitting masters for you means the system is not working.
I'm not trying to hit masters, I want to fix SoloQ for Masters+
Subdue (NA)
: If you really believed that playing all roles proficiently is necessary to be "better at the game" why are 95% of your ranked games in the same role?
1) I don't care 2) I have other accounts which play different champions that is around ~gold 1
Comentários de Rioters
: Riot, please stop insulting your playerbase by using the term "SoloQ"
Just put Solo only for any rank that actually matters, like Diamond+ or Masters+. Doesn't really matter in other elos. Realistically A LOT of people would no longer play without DuoQ. Keep it for casual playerbase.
Comentários de Rioters
Barkley (NA)
: You're right, google searches aren't a valuable metric used by multi-billion dollar corporations around the world to project popularity or relevancy. Search results and search queries aren't used worldwide as a measurement for anything, and aren't in and of themselves a billion dollar industry. Ya got me. U rite. I, too, am glad we have big brained people on the boards who know more about data analysis than everyone else, even though publicly traded fortune 500 companies who make more money in an hour than you do in a lifetime would disagree. And jeez, what business did I have citing a small, homegrown startup like Google, anyway. What was I thinking.
“Fortune 500 companies”, ah, stock companies who try and make a quick profit based on current _rise in popularity_. Google metrics show if something is bubbling in popularity, not how popular it is. Like if you look at Donald Trumps graph, it shows that it spiked at 100 in 2016 and fell off a cliff. Guess no one is talking about Trump anymore and everyone stopped paying attention to him, completely irrelevant xd. Or maybe it’s because that’s the time when people didn’t know anything about him and had to google him. But hey, let’s not use too much logic around here! The fact that you don’t even know what google trends are indicative of and can only appeal to authority as an “argument” goes to show how clueless you are. Pathetic
Barkley (NA)
: ...... it has been. lol. https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=league%20of%20legends Edit: Idk sometimes that link works and sometimes it doesn't -- anyway, just go to google trends, set it to 5 years, worldwide, and search "League of Legends" There's been a steady downward trajectory.
Yeah, because less people googling league of legends means the game Is dying. Or maybe, just maybe, when a game is this popular people don’t need to google it. Ranked players/twitch viewership has been fine and only increased from S6 to end of S8. Only dropping now with the release of TFT. But thank god we have big brained analysts on the boards telling it to us like it is using google trends. Bravo dude.
Barkley (NA)
: The boards summed up in one post so you don't have to go read all of them
Thank god. Game has been dying for 6 years according to boards. See you in 5 years.
: how to carry a bad team as support
Answer: you don’t. If you are substantially better than the enemy team/your team then you shouldn’t play support to carry. It will take more games on support than let’s say mid lane to climb. It’s possible - but slower. This comes from a few things: you can’t manage waves for your team, you can’t stop your carries from sucking in teamfights or getting caught regardless of how fed you get them, you can’t really do objectives yourself.
: Remember when Shaco had a 55% WR for a week and he got hotfixed.. But Riven is fine?
: Oh damn, interesting, although i agree your teamates can be rng bad, that being said if you play 10 games the likely hood that your play has 0 impact on being able to win and you rng'd teamates that bad is maybe 3 of the 10, maybe you get 3 in a row but you still be able to climb if you keep playing especially since 3 in 10 of rhe other teams will have thr same bad luck
Well it’s different for Faker. What are the chances that Faker can find a match with 9 other players at his skill level? Close to none. His team mates and opponents will almost always be worse than him, so he just has to hope that his teammates aren’t too bad. What are the chances that random joe can find 9 other players of equal skill? Pretty high.
: Your matchmaking is shit Riot
Matches could be “evenly made” and still snowball out of control. There’s a reason game times have only gone down on average a couple of minutes in the past 4 years even though people think old games were so much slower. In SoloQ people don’t know or don’t care to play from behind. I’ve had plenty of comebacks where people on my team don’t babyrage and actually say something constructive in chat (I have ult I in 18 seconds, we fight mid) etc. Not to mention current meta matchups snowball hard. Your bot matchup going 0/8 isnt because one player is objectively worse - one person probably fucked up abd that matchup snowballed out of control. Next game the Adc could be 8/0 against the same opponent. It happens. ESPECIALLY in bot lane when one missed or hit ability can result in a double kill EASILY. Instead most games peoole just flame jungle and lose as quick as possible.
: I'm glad it's no longer relevant I believe it reflects how far (aka low) the game has come. Game's so desperate they give you rewards for watching pro play. No disrespect, but... in your dreams, Rito. That shit is more boring than knitting with Grandma. If you want pro play to succeed how about fixing your game, your ABSOLUTE GARBAGE CAN CLIENT, and no more new boring champs you desperately try to make "cool" then maybe I'll give a fuck about where your company is headed. HeY i knOw! Untargetable chAmpIonS (bOnuS poInts iF theY have a MiLLiOn dAsHeS oR iNVisIbiLity) wiLl bRiNg pLaYErz BaCk! Die. Not you, I mean your game.
It was never profitable and it was even less profitable in previous seasons than now. But ok.
: > [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EVef97gW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-25T07:38:43.866+0000) > > No, Mages are not "leaving mid lane" at all. > > Using u.gg as my source, here is the top 15 mid laners in Patch 9.14 > > > https://i.gyazo.com/89465c06ba91ef6e2eea85e7a8b3ea75.png > > > 7/15 are AP Mages. Don't say '7 out of 15 are ap' as if its an 'aha, I got you with my logic' moment, that's only because there are more ap characters than there are ad. If you don't count Qiyana since she's still new and people haven't learned how to play her well, then THERE ARE ONLY TWO AD ASSASSINS THAT EXIST IN THE ENTIRE GAME TO BEGIN WITH. **AND BOTH OF THEM STILL MANAGE TO CRACK THE TOP FUCKING TEN MIDLANERS LIST AHEAD OF THE ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF AP CHARACTERS OUT THERE.**
Based on pick rate and not win rate. In terms of win rate mages dominate. https://i.ibb.co/CtZPWsK/2-E34-E48-A-7038-4-FB7-8-CCB-FD21-FC5-E9-E57.png First AD assassin is rank 14 behind 9 mages. Stats only matter if they support ur narrative tho.
hoganftw (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jng Account,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5bPETxtE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-24T22:43:38.258+0000) > > Damage meta was wanted by the western player base; shorter game time was wanted by the player base; the lack of monster champions is because western players don't play them; the old rune system was strongly protested by the western community as being too boring for only providing raw stats; the rigid bot centric meta is because western players cry whenever there's anything other than adc and enchanter played at bot; western players were also the one who bullied Morello out of a job in the first place for his style favouring nerfing over buffing which the western players used to tote the "buff don't nerf" and now we're in an overloading meta etc etc. Hell, Riot even made the meta so snowbally and deathbally just so the western teams could win more in pro scene since that's the meta they like and are good at, despite constant saying they like the more strategic meta (spoiler: they don't). > > Western player was the reason why the game is it today. Riot made just about 95% of the decisions based on western players' feedback. > > In the end, we made our own bed, but we're just too embarrassed to sleep in it. That is all. Adapt or leave. > > TLDR - You can't please westrern players, their mentality is different from Asian one, where Asians adapt, western player will whine and cry. I hate to say it, but the whole flashy characters and quicker games feels like it caters more towards the Asian market.
Straight up false. Asian market ate up games like Starcraft and were best at the old “slow” league. Shooting/fighting games that have way more action are more popular in the West. Besides boards, on Reddit and twitter people are bitching that the meta is getting slower. You must live in a shell of boardsthink if you actually believe the shit you just said.
: Season 5, upon Juggernaut patch, was when Riot decided to eliminate meaningful weaknesses in champion design. Season 6 was the worst for ranked gameplay due to dynamic queue. Season 7 was when Riot pushed for snowbally high kill games. Season 8 destroyed balance with Runes Reforged Season 9 has done nothing to fix the problems or lasting effects of previous seasons.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqMulAq9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-25T00:08:05.880+0000) > > Season 5, upon Juggernaut patch, was when Riot decided to eliminate meaningful weaknesses in champion design. > Season 6 was the worst for ranked gameplay due to dynamic queue. > Season 7 was when Riot pushed for snowbally high kill games. > Season 8 destroyed balance with Runes Reforged > Season 9 has done nothing to fix the problems or lasting effects of previous seasons. Season 7 had some of the slowest metas to date. Season 8 midseasin is when snowbally high kill games became a thing again.
: Not a single meta ADC builds lifesteal before 4 items. The meta ADCs are Sivir/Kaisa/Ezreal/Xayah/sometimes Jinx btw. Don’t respond before you fact check. You are unbelievably wrong. Nothing more I can say without violating board rules.
ADCs besides Draven building bloodthirster first is not indicative of the meta but rather the level of play of your opponents. I don’t think you will meet many Dravens that are any good anyways. It’s okay though, because they can build bloodthirster first and get away with it when they’re against your support rammus building thornmail for some reason. Plus what you’re pretty much saying is Riot should cater their game to people who are extremely bad, and fuck it up for anyone who actually puts any time in it and play at any decent level. Okay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-24T15:22:43.033+0000) > > Absolutely unreal. Don’t bother responding. The quality of your posts is making it hard for me to not get a boards chat restrict. Fair enough. I'm quite enjoying the discussion, please excuse me for assuming you were as well. (o\_ _)o There's probably nothing to be gained by further discussion anyway, since we're clearly not going to change any minds one way or the other. Although there is one thing I need to address for general clarification. > Not to mention you say stuff like “life steal” when in 90% of games in most elos ADCs never get to the point where they can build a life steal item. Also you said support rammus, which in general means underleveled and definitely underfarmed. Setting aside the fact that, again, I never said I wanted Support Rammus to 1v1, merely that his ability to do so due to Thornmail was proof that the damage was too high... I've played everywhere from Bronze V to Gold II, and lifesteal is generally one of the first things most ADCs build towards, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. "Most ELOs" may mean Diamond+, but that only accounts for 17% of the player base despite having more actual tiers, so I'm not sure what this is meant to mean. Regardless, lifesteal is more prevalent than you suppose with this comment, in my experience. Far more.
Not a single meta ADC builds lifesteal before 4 items. The meta ADCs are Sivir/Kaisa/Ezreal/Xayah/sometimes Jinx btw. Don’t respond before you fact check. You are unbelievably wrong. Nothing more I can say without violating board rules.
: Thornmail also isn't meant to make you immortal. It's fine rn.
When I read these posts I really can’t imagine what game they’re playing or what’s going on. Are they 40minutes in and astounded that their thornmail isn’t making them invincible? If thornmail is your first or second item (not really meant to be, but if it is), none of those champions are bursting you. Reality is tank items suck but they’re nowhere as bad as I hear here. I mean, it was fun to play tanks in S6 or S5 when I could be 0/2 as a tank and still clap your cheeks the second I built my sunfire cape. Unhealthy as fuck though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T19:04:44.466+0000) > > I didn’t base it off a theoretical game, I based it off what you said happened. Did you now? > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T14:24:41.475+0000) > > Are you asking why you can’t have your underleveled no item having ass just 1v1 an ADC with no brain usage whatsoever? Your words. I never said underlevel, I never said no items. I said Rammus with Thornmail used to destroy ADCs. I never even said I wanted that; I used it as an example of the damage meta having gotten out of hand. _You_ decided to concoct this theoretical scenario in which I was underlevel and had no items, but still destroyed an ADC 1v1 with Rammus. Most likely, I'd bet, to make me look like a whiny fool who's upset that I can't stomp despite being a no-skill hack. Especially foolish when Thornmail was literally the focal point of the discussion, don't you think? > Don’t even bother addressing the rest of my post though, cause tbh it makes you look ridiculous. I didn't address the rest of the post because I saw no point. I disagree with your assessment, you'll disagree with mine, and neither of us is going to change the other's mind. But since you insist... No, Thornmail is not as effective as it used to be. On _paper_, it's a better item now. It has more versatility. The problems it has: 1. You can't force someone to attack you (again, unless you're Rammus), which negates about half its effectiveness as listed. 2. True Damage is getting extremely prevalent, and there are many ways to strip armor on top of this. An armor bonus isn't a huge deal anymore; not like it used to be. 3. 250 health is _trivial_ for a tank. Any late game ADC can cut through that in just under one second. It _used_ to be useful because it forced high-burst auto champions like Vayne and Yasuo to think twice before they just bowled into the teamfight. If you got a taunt on them, it was a _huge_ danger. Again, I'm not saying it should have been this way to the extent it was. Merely that the damage had gotten so obscene that it was unintentionally destroying many champions from their own ridiculous damage. However, cutting the rate of reflection would have been far preferable to removing it entirely.
“Old thornmail was good cuz it made people think twice before hitting you” “New thornmail grevious wounds suck cuz u can’t force someone to attack you”. Not to mention you say stuff like “life steal” when in 90% of games in most elos ADCs never get to the point where they can build a life steal item. Also you said support rammus, which in general means underleveled and definitely underfarmed. Once again, you mention “late game ADC” and once again I have to assume you’re whining because you can’t 1v1 a _late game hypercarry_ with their items as a _support_. And once again you complain about “damage being high” but just want to do more damage yourself, and don’t care for the other benefits thornmail provides now (btw thornmail was a trolltier item before it’s rework - hardly built - and is way better now). Absolutely unreal. Don’t bother responding. The quality of your posts is making it hard for me to not get a boards chat restrict.
: Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:09:08.641+0000) > > Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament. Front page right now: https://i.ibb.co/wCNZkTw/8-AAD8-DA0-41-D6-43-D3-8-DEF-C1086-B9-FDDA2.png Yeah, only esports. This just shows how people on boards upvote blatantly false info or posts. Maybe if 99% of the posts weren’t hot garbage and if the “well thought out” suggestions weren’t laughably bad, then maybe Riot would pay attention. (No, writing a lot of text doesn’t make a post “well thought out” when it’s full of shit that’s blatantly false). There are more people actively looking for master+ duoQ games in the league subreddit discord than master+ people that have posted here in the past month. No shit they’re going to listen to the forum that has more people who actually know how to play the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T21:47:22.512+0000) > > What are you even saying. A level 6 Yi with 1 item can melt a level 18 rammus? What did I just read. Ignoring that... > What I'm saying is that you were predicating your criticism on a theoretical game that didn't actually happen. Something you invented in your mind. This comment was meant to show you how ridiculous it is to predicate an argument on that. It was sarcasm.
I didn’t base it off a theoretical game, I based it off what you said happened. Don’t even bother addressing the rest of my post though, cause tbh it makes you look ridiculous.
: > [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T14:24:41.475+0000) > > Umm. A rammus that isn’t support can comfortably 1v1 an ADC. Are you asking why you can’t have your underleveled no item having ass just 1v1 an ADC with no brain usage whatsoever? > > Maybe try using even one second to think before you blame the game itself. Lmao. As long as we're speaking of theoretical games that didn't happen, maybe I'm level 18 and a level 6 Yi with a single completed item is melting my fed Rammus in a half a hit. Come on, don't weigh in if your argument is going to be that weak. Of course I don't expect to trample an ADC 1v1 with a support. I just don't expect that ADC to be able to trample _me_. I brought up the Thornmail situation as an illustration that the damage was getting too high. It wasn't that Rammus was amazing, it's that AD champions were getting _obscenely_ powerful, such that the old Thornmail was actually doing more damage to them than I should ever have been able to inflict. That gutting it was necessary to mask the fact that damage was rapidly spiraling out of control.
What are you even saying. A level 6 Yi with 1 item can melt a level 18 rammus? What did I just read. Ignoring that... Thornmail is a way better tank item now than it was before. Before it gave 90 flat armour and did more damage. Now it gives health, AS reduction, grevious wounds, and also armour. So your solution to having too much damage is... giving a tank item less tankiness and more damage. Not to even mention if I was playing support rammus, as I have, and rushed thornmail, I would fucking _easily_ 1v1 the adc (besides maybe Vayne). If you expect to 1v1 the ADC as a support when they have their 4-5 items, then you’re just delusional.
: > [{quoted}](name=crippler38,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000a00010000,timestamp=2019-07-22T03:14:43.778+0000) > > Is someone else helping you kill the ADC? Or are you asking for Rammus to kill someone with full tank and Thornmail within a taunt or so? I'm asking for an ADC to not be able to solo a tank. I don't need Rammus to kill the ADC alone, I need the ADC to fear the tank without backup. An ADC shouldn't be able to duel a tank with impunity. It runs contrary to the concept of the ADC. Marksmen are supposed to be dangerous in teamfights. They can deal big damage without needing to rely on abilities, meaning they don't need to worry so much about mana or cooldowns. The tradeoff is that they're at risk by themselves. This is why they lane with supports. This is why they're supposed to stay at the back in teamfights. If an ADC gets caught out, they should be punished for it big time. They shouldn't be able to stand in place and demolish a tank 1v1 because they have enough raw damage to lifesteal through any damage or CC they take.
Umm. A rammus that isn’t support can comfortably 1v1 an ADC. Are you asking why you can’t have your underleveled no item having ass just 1v1 an ADC with no brain usage whatsoever? Maybe try using even one second to think before you blame the game itself. Lmao.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eHp1VY3V,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:12:08.995+0000) > > Or they're on a smurf account trying to get fresh MMR to sneak past their current rank on their main. (Gold 2 main here :3) No I mean like someone plays ADC since the season started and then has this huge winstreak on Riven. Then they go back to playing ADC and on a huge loss streak.
Then why are you asking this question? You know how they got in your games: they bought a boost or an account.
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lFLAfMsJ,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-07-13T14:14:03.708+0000) > > Laughs in support main. I still love how playing support removes autofilled when support isn't even the least picked role.
Support is still the least picked role in 90% of elos in SoloQ iirc. It’s gotten better and jungle and top have gotten worse - so the margin is less.
Exibir mais

Disembark

Nível 164 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão