: Story behind your league names?
I've actually used this name on pretty much any game I've ever played. The Electro part actually comes from a game me and my friends made up all the way back in 3rd grade or something. It was like this dueling arena that took place in our sandbox. The hero I made up was called Electro, and he had basically all the same powers as the Electro from Marvel does........only thing is, I never knew that the Electro from Marvel ever existed until probably a decade or more afterwards. I enjoyed my little creation so much that he kind of became an imaginary friend for me, and I even made a Halloween costume once based on my vision of him. Once I got into gaming, I figured, why not Electro? So, I use that a few times until I come across a game called Mech Quest. If you ever knew what Adventure Quest was, Mech Quest was the sci-fi, futuristic version of it where you had your own mech instead of a dragon. Making my account, "Electro" was taken (obviously) and it suggested "Electro522". I thought it rolled off the tongue quite well, and decided to take it. And I've stuck with it ever since. I've used minor variations of it here and there, like "Electru522" or "Electro523", but, it's basically been the same ever since then.
: The Official Rules of League of Legends
You forgot one. "Never tower dive a Shen."
Ęsdeath (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2019-03-03T20:17:01.825+0000) > > Sometimes it takes us a while to get around to actioning a thread, due to the fact that the team *is* comprised of volunteers. That thread has been handled, although I opted in favor of editing it due to the visibility it seems to have gotten: I felt at this point action taken should be visible, rather than simple having the thread vanish. > > The line calling Riven players monkeys was definitely *not* okay. Nor, in fact, is calling moderators (or anyone else, save perhaps actual monkeys) monkeys -- as such, I have edited this thread, although I understand your frustration and will not be punishing your account for this post. > > For future references, the correct approach would have been to approach us on Discord or Discuss the Boards and get some eyes on that thread as a higher priority, not do this sort of call-out thread. If you're concerned you're not getting through to someone you can always ping me or another Herald, and we'll make sure it gets looked at *when we're available to do so.* Honest question, What are the exact punishments we can get (in our account I mean)?
> [{quoted}](name=Esdese,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00200003,timestamp=2019-03-03T21:33:42.495+0000) > > Honest question, > > What are the exact punishments we can get (in our account I mean)? Any post we remove can be seen on your account. However, we are able to see what each post is removed for. If you have a few posts removed for just posting on the wrong board, none of them will really count towards you. However, if you have quite a few removals for insulting other users, they *could* and very likely *will* count towards future decisions. Beyond removals are escalating bans. Our shortest ban period is 24 hours, and they go up to 2 weeks before finally being a permanent ban. Perma bans can be removed after a period of time, but personally, I've only seen maybe 2 perma bans removed. Even if we undo a perma ban for someone, it's a one time deal. If you get perma banned again, you will not be given another chance, no matter how much time passes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=001400010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T20:26:14.370+0000) > > There are several laws that several states share, but interpret differently. A law may even mean something else to 2 different lawyers who work in the same firm. > And those laws are often called upon to be rewritten because they're misused, by the way you're discussing loopholes which is about legal evasion more than anything > Interpreting laws is what the Supreme Court does regularly, and in fact, it is their primary job to figure out how certain laws are interpreted. This is why the Supreme Court can even go back on certain decisions made in the past because both the society surrounding the time period of the hearing, and the Court Justices are vastly different to what they are now. > Yes, because it's super important to have clear and concise law and a firm set of restrictions on the laws so they aren't used inappropriately, or worse, with corruption.. which is what vague definitions ALWAYS lead to > Laws, codes, rules, etc. can be written to cover as many different instances as possible, but no matter what you do, there will eventually come a time where a situation questions it. And that means the law is fallible and therefore should be rewritten What i'm saying is "Don't be a jerk" is a shitty vague rule, and is mostly used poorly with mods just applying subjective input to hand down (relatively) harsh punishments for benign shit
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014000100000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T20:42:59.101+0000) > > And those laws are often called upon to be rewritten because they're misused, by the way you're discussing loopholes which is about legal evasion more than anything > Yes, because it's super important to have clear and concise law and a firm set of restrictions on the laws so they aren't used inappropriately, or worse, with corruption.. which is what vague definitions ALWAYS lead to > > And that means the law is fallible and therefore should be rewritten > > > What i'm saying is "Don't be a jerk" is a shitty vague rule, and is mostly used poorly with mods just applying subjective input to hand down (relatively) harsh punishments for benign shit Funny you mention that.... "Do not post content intended to insult, belittle, disrespect, or intentionally offend other community members as individuals or as groups. Criticism is an important and useful method of feedback, but must be respectful and constructive in nature. Non-constructive forms of criticism (such as questioning another poster's intelligence or requesting the firing or removal of an individual) are violations of this rule." That is the new "Don't be a jerk" rule. We rewrote it just a couple weeks ago. But even with this, there can be instances where we have to discuss something to make sure it follows this rule.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:51:53.150+0000) > > Which is exactly why we discussed it, and came to the conclusion that it should not be removed. We may disagree on things, but when a conclusion is made, we're pretty good at following it. But a code is by requirement to be something in hard language that can't be improperly interpretted unless it creates havoc and becomes useful for untintended purposes, which I honestly think it has And there have been multiple instances in the past where posts were taken down for questionable reasons so no, Common speech and communication is not a fine enough example to set written laws and codes, but exact speech can not and should not be expected for every utterance of people in normal conversations. There is a massive difference there in context sure but legalism must be the exception to the rule
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00140001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T20:02:33.265+0000) > > But a code is by requirement to be something in hard language that can't be improperly interpretted unless it creates havoc and becomes useful for untintended purposes, which I honestly think it has > > And there have been multiple instances in the past where posts were taken down for questionable reasons > > so no, Common speech and communication is not a fine enough example to set written laws and codes, but exact speech can not and should not be expected for every utterance of people in normal conversations. There is a massive difference there in context sure but legalism must be the exception to the rule There are several laws that several states share, but interpret differently. A law may even mean something else to 2 different lawyers who work in the same firm. Interpreting laws is what the Supreme Court does regularly, and in fact, it is their primary job to figure out how certain laws are interpreted. This is why the Supreme Court can even go back on certain decisions made in the past because both the society surrounding the time period of the hearing, and the Court Justices are vastly different to what they are now. Laws, codes, rules, etc. can be written to cover as many different instances as possible, but no matter what you do, there will eventually come a time where a situation questions it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-03-03T17:42:20.099+0000) > > Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. > > Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. > > Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. > > For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. > > However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. > > This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. > > There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. > > If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best. See, what I don't understand is how is telling someone to learn the game so that they can properly understand what is and isn't balanced not harsh criticism? If he said "You're a noob, learn the game before you cry about balance" that would be understandly wrong. That's an insult directed at the OP. But if someone says "Try learning the game first" they aren't telling them "You suck at the game". They're telling them "Based on your amount of time playing the game, and your experience, I don't think you have the grounds to make criticisms of the balance." If some random game journalist booted up League of Legends for the first time, played a live game, and got smashed by some smurf playing Nasus and wrote an article saying "Game is completely unbalanced. Champions like Nasus have infinitely scaling point and click damage that you can't avoid" before understanding how to CC and kite someone like that, would you not tell them that they can't possibly understand the game's balance and mechanics after only one game? Now, sure there's other ways he could've worded it. But telling someone they have to have more experience with something before they can properly understand it is not an insult, it's a fact. It's like if I went to get a job as a Riot Dev and they told me I don't have enough experience at being a developer and I filed a lawsuit for them insulting me. It's not an insult. It's a fact. It's how life works. Not everything is pretty and friendly. Sometimes life is hard.
> [{quoted}](name=DrPukeBrain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00140003,timestamp=2019-03-03T19:03:56.698+0000) > > See, what I don't understand is how is telling someone to learn the game so that they can properly understand what is and isn't balanced not harsh criticism? If he said "You're a noob, learn the game before you cry about balance" that would be understandly wrong. That's an insult directed at the OP. But if someone says "Try learning the game first" they aren't telling them "You suck at the game". They're telling them "Based on your amount of time playing the game, and your experience, I don't think you have the grounds to make criticisms of the balance." > > If some random game journalist booted up League of Legends for the first time, played a live game, and got smashed by some smurf playing Nasus and wrote an article saying "Game is completely unbalanced. Champions like Nasus have infinitely scaling point and click damage that you can't avoid" before understanding how to CC and kite someone like that, would you not tell them that they can't possibly understand the game's balance and mechanics after only one game? > > Now, sure there's other ways he could've worded it. But telling someone they have to have more experience with something before they can properly understand it is not an insult, it's a fact. It's like if I went to get a job as a Riot Dev and they told me I don't have enough experience at being a developer and I filed a lawsuit for them insulting me. It's not an insult. It's a fact. It's how life works. Not everything is pretty and friendly. Sometimes life is hard. Like I have said elsewhere in this thread, it is exactly his wording that got it removed. To quote myself... > But it's his wording specifically that got it removed. Giving him advice, or saying "Riven isn't actually that bad. You just need more experience in the matchup." would have been better. The post came off as him insulting the other for being a new player, which is against the rules. Also > Saying a new player shouldn't be calling for nerfs is the same thing as saying any advice from a Bronze player is meaningless. You are implying that they have no right to be posting what they are posting simply because they do not have the same experience as you or other players, when in fact, they have every right to do so, even if they are wrong. > Maybe "insulting" was the wrong word to use, but it was the best one I had at the moment.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:53:39.892+0000) > > Mind if I ask you to link that thread? Mistakes are made some times, and its possible this one got accidentally overlooked. (Removed by moderation) edit: may i also ask how ones like this dont count as low quality? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/pdFnFPFP-reksai-is-broken
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=001800000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T19:03:55.752+0000) > edit: > > may i also ask how ones like this dont count as low quality? > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/pdFnFPFP-reksai-is-broken Thank you for the link. That one does break our rules, and it likely slipped by us. We'll work on that one. Since we will be deleting it, I'm also removing your link. Nothing against you. As for the other one.........we've been talking about ways to improve Gameplay to avoid posts exactly like that. It's a difficult thing to get done given the resources we have. All I can say is that it is important that you report things such as that, and we'll get to it.
Sobx (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=001400020000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:32:22.432+0000) > > But it's his wording specifically that got it removed. Giving him advice, or saying "Riven isn't actually that bad. You just need more experience in the matchup." would have been better. The post came off as him insulting the other for being a new player, which is against the rules. I think you're kind of nitpicking here, saying a new player (considering he really is new, which can be checked even if he doesn't mention it himself) "should learn the game before he cries for nerfs" is 100% true and isn't really insulting.
> [{quoted}](name=Sobx,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:52:43.234+0000) > > I think you're kind of nitpicking here, saying a new player (considering he really is new, which can be checked even if he doesn't mention it himself) "should learn the game before he cries for nerfs" is 100% true and isn't really insulting. Saying a new player shouldn't be calling for nerfs is the same thing as saying any advice from a Bronze player is meaningless. You are implying that they have no right to be posting what they are posting simply because they do not have the same experience as you or other players, when in fact, they have *every* right to do so, even if they are wrong. Maybe "insulting" was the wrong word to use, but it was the best one I had at the moment.
: lowkey there are only like 3 mods who actually know how to moderate. moderation here is just flat out biased based on whose reading it. example: i called myself the r word, post removed within 7 minuets of posting it, simply because when i called MYSELF the r word, i typed it differently. to quote another thread, with NO meaningful conversation (that is still up btw): "To all Riot Devs who wear helmets and drool on themselves" "How is this even fucking remotely downvoted? Seriously you Riot "yes men" make me fucking sick." but of course, again mods have double standards here because every form of moderation is opinionated here.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:02:50.576+0000) > > lowkey there are only like 3 mods who actually know how to moderate. moderation here is just flat out biased based on whose reading it. > > example: > i called myself the r word, post removed within 7 minuets of posting it, simply because when i called MYSELF the r word, i typed it differently. > > to quote another thread, with NO meaningful conversation (that is still up btw): > > "To all Riot Devs who wear helmets and drool on themselves" > > "How is this even fucking remotely downvoted? Seriously you Riot "yes men" make me fucking sick." > > but of course, again mods have double standards here because every form of moderation is opinionated here. Mind if I ask you to link that thread? Mistakes are made some times, and its possible this one got accidentally overlooked.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00140001000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:42:27.649+0000) > > Because, some people could interpret this as being nothing more than insulting the mod team just to insult us. Which is what a couple mods thought, and what a few others here in this thread think of it as well. *You* may not see it that way, but others do. but.... that outlook is "After the fact therefore because of the fact" in that, you assume that how someone assumes meaning is actually important instead of wrong lots of people are wrong, you can be wrong about what is implied, and your response would actually be wrong entirely so how a message is received means the receiver has made an error in judgement, sure the sender can have an error but the sender is attempting to convey a message and the receiver is the party obligated to request clarification otherwise speech doesn't work and people misinterpret things, and then start screeching like they've been accosted.
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=001400010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:47:45.424+0000) > > but.... that outlook is "After the fact therefore because of the fact" in that, you assume that how someone assumes meaning is actually important instead of wrong > > lots of people are wrong, you can be wrong about what is implied, and your response would actually be wrong entirely > > so how a message is received means the receiver has made an error in judgement, sure the sender can have an error but the sender is attempting to convey a message and the receiver is the party obligated to request clarification otherwise speech doesn't work and people misinterpret things, and then start screeching like they've been accosted. Which is exactly why we discussed it, and came to the conclusion that it should not be removed. We may disagree on things, but when a conclusion is made, we're pretty good at following it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=001400010000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:24:40.857+0000) > > I'm sorry, but I'm confused. It was discussed because a couple of us thought it was being used for nothing more than to insult the mod team. However, other mods said not to action on it because it falls under the "harsh criticism" category I talked about. It's discussions like these that help improve our team as a whole. > > *Not* having that discussion would have likely ended up with this post removed, and possibly causing even more problems down the road. The fact that half of the moderation team felt that is was insulting them over criticizing them is what I'm talking about, it's criticism simple and clear so why did you have to have a discussion in the first place on what is ALLOWED?? We don't need a discussion in the real world about rather or not X Mass Murder was a bad person or not, its pretty fucking clear ain't it? If a Mod's moral compass can't differentiate between criticism an insult than they should step down.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellmaximus1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:30:06.389+0000) > > The fact that half of the moderation team felt that is was insulting them over criticizing them is what I'm talking about, it's criticism simple and clear so why did you have to have a discussion in the first place on what is ALLOWED?? > > We don't need a discussion in the real world about rather or not X Mass Murder was a bad person or not, its pretty fucking clear ain't it? > If a Mod's moral compass can't differentiate between criticism an insult than they should step down. Because, some people could interpret this as being nothing more than insulting the mod team just to insult us. Which is what a couple mods thought, and what a few others here in this thread think of it as well. *You* may not see it that way, but others do.
T2K Baka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-03-03T17:42:20.099+0000) > > Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. > > Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. > > Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. > > For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. > > However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. > > This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. > > There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. > > If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best. Well from what can I see the OP wasn't being that bad. Telling someone new to learn the game before they complain isn't disrespectful, but the truth. Maybe wording it differently would've helped, but he wasn't being disrespectful imo
> [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00140002,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:21:31.476+0000) > > Well from what can I see the OP wasn't being that bad. Telling someone new to learn the game before they complain isn't disrespectful, but the truth. Maybe wording it differently would've helped, but he wasn't being disrespectful imo But it's his wording specifically that got it removed. Giving him advice, or saying "Riven isn't actually that bad. You just need more experience in the matchup." would have been better. The post came off as him insulting the other for being a new player, which is against the rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-03-03T17:42:20.099+0000) > > Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. > > Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. > > Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. > > For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. > > However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. > > This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. > > There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. > > If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best. If you're moral compass is so bad that you have to have a talk to figure out if **This Exact post is allowed**, than you have a bad moral compass and should step down as a moderator as you can neither be impartial, forgiving or empathetic, if you fail to have these qualities you shouldn't be in a position to enforce your bad morals onto others .
> [{quoted}](name=Hellmaximus1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=00140001,timestamp=2019-03-03T18:12:35.992+0000) > > If you're moral compass is so bad that you have to have a talk to figure out if **This Exact post is allowed**, than you have a bad moral compass and should step down as a moderator as you can neither be impartial, forgiving or empathetic, if you fail to have these qualities you shouldn't be in a position to enforce your bad morals onto others . I'm sorry, but I'm confused. It was discussed because a couple of us thought it was being used for nothing more than to insult the mod team. However, other mods said not to action on it because it falls under the "harsh criticism" category I talked about. It's discussions like these that help improve our team as a whole. *Not* having that discussion would have likely ended up with this post removed, and possibly causing even more problems down the road.
Corvin0716 (EUNE)
: [Removed by Moderation] Moderators
Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best.
Vacus (NA)
: I don't understand how some of your cons listed for chronological thread sorting are....actually drawbacks. Yes, if a thread has a long-lasting active conversation going on it, that thread will be at the top of the forum for a long time. This is a feature, not a bug. The sorting mechanic is designed to let people easily find threads that are active, especially recent threads. Necro posting is a minor problem. I think describing it as a "big" problem is vastly overselling it. If someone is spamming necro threads to clog up the forum, they are trolling, and can be banned easily enough. Outside of dedicated troll efforts, it rarely happens, and when it does happen it's usually because the thread's content is relevant at that particular time and the poster would rather bump it than make a new thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s3HEcT1G,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-25T05:21:11.848+0000) > > I don't understand how some of your cons listed for chronological thread sorting are....actually drawbacks. > > Yes, if a thread has a long-lasting active conversation going on it, that thread will be at the top of the forum for a long time. This is a feature, not a bug. The sorting mechanic is designed to let people easily find threads that are active, especially recent threads. > > Necro posting is a minor problem. I think describing it as a "big" problem is vastly overselling it. If someone is spamming necro threads to clog up the forum, they are trolling, and can be banned easily enough. Outside of dedicated troll efforts, it rarely happens, and when it does happen it's usually because the thread's content is relevant at that particular time and the poster would rather bump it than make a new thread. Alright.....if the drawbacks I listed aren't seen as actual drawbacks to some people, what are the drawbacks you see in that particular system? There is a reason why Reddit is the largest "forum" on the internet, and why Riot initially wanted to move away from the old system, correct?
Comentários de Rioters
: 2018 Lore Tournament - Winner's Artwork
Well, this couldn't have come with better timing. I'm planning on doing some audio versions of League Lore, and I needed a story to start off on. I thought of this little competition, and was about to go looking......only for you to post this thread. So......thank you.
: If you're looking for any other voices to read with you, I'd love to join in! I've got a feminine voice and a passion for acting. My Discord is IBELIEVEYOUDO#1051 if you want to contact me. I've got a lot of experience acting, public speaking, and have done voice acting training.
How feminine are we talking about here? On a scale of Sejuani to Lulu?
: Are you planning to add background noise, sound effects, etc similar to the Bilgewater audio stories with Pyke's release? I think something like The Lost tales of Ornn would be a great fit.
Possibly, if this takes off, and we get better at sound editing. For the time being, it'll likely be just narration, with slight voice editing to accommodate the characters (like in Silence for the Damned for Volibear)
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Pre retcon stories. But it's pretty hard to find them all in one place.
I'm not against it, but..... Is there seriously not a single post-retcon story you like? Like The Weakest Heart? Silence for the Damned? The Eye in the Abyss? If there isn't a single story you like post retcon, then I fail to imagine how you enjoy this game at all anymore.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Silver Kayle is as epic as it gets
The only downside is that they won't be able to resell it.......which really fricken sucks. Apparently, this and Human Ryze were special offers for the physical purchase way back when the game actually came out, thus, those skins can not be sold regularly. So, the people who got this just got one hell of an upgrade.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Bârd (NA)
: What? No it isn't. It's just a spell that resets his AA timer. If it actually was an AA, it would apply his passive.
Well, it also procs Spellblade. It's both a spell and an Auto Attack......kind of like Ez Q or Yas Q. Their technically spells, but they're considered auto attacks.
Comentários de Rioters
  Comentários de Rioters
: wait what's that?
It's where you basically do 2 auto attacks for the price of 1. It's really good on the likes of Yi and Vayne due to passives (Yi's passive gives him a double auto after 4 autos, and Vayne's W is the true damage). It allows them to get those passive procs more quickly.
: Can we fucking revert positional queue before it spreads and ruins other regions?
Oddly enough, all of the problems you list only seem to be affecting high elos right now. You, personally, are Diamond 3. Me being Bronze (hopefully back in Silver here soon) haven't seen any of this, and I've played well over 50 games in this season already. Also, I haven't heard one complaint about the system from people in my elo range. For us, it feels healthier, and games actually feel like they are very closely matched (even if we have one underperforming player, it's usually the same on the other side). Maybe it's because Grand Master and Challenger haven't been unlocked yet? I'm not entirely sure since I likely won't ever get to that elo, but.....it's just a guess.
: **DARK** **STAR** **XERATH** https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/443/271/large/slown-damn-darkstarxerath.jpg https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/443/281/large/slown-damn-q.jpg https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/443/279/large/slown-damn-w.jpg?1483811666 https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/443/273/large/slown-damn-e.jpg?1483811611 https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/443/278/large/slown-damn-r.jpg?1483811653 EDIT: Credit to the Artist ---> [Slown Damn](https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xo8zR) Also adding a new concept from Thorsten Erdt: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Y1ydP
His W is a Quasar...... _**A FRICKEN QUASAR**_ I'd buy this skin in a heartbeat.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Sivir used to be a redhead? I totally forgot that. Now I feel my life has been a lie. Could you maybe find out if any original champion's kit survived the passing of time (with maybe only slight updates?
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2xgLvyEw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-01T18:06:04.246+0000) > > Sivir used to be a redhead? I totally forgot that. Now I feel my life has been a lie. > > Could you maybe find out if any original champion's > kit survived the passing of time (with maybe only slight updates? Actually, those that have not had their models touched haven't had their kits touched either. That said, Alistar has had his abilities basically the same ever since then, with the exception of switching his passive and his E. Annie has had basically 0 changes to her kit. Master Yi hasn't had too many changes, save for a time when he basically had Kha's ultimate as a passive (he would go invis going into bushes or when he used Alpha strike.......NO thank you). Sivir's kit has remained relatively untouched Twisted fate has stayed relatively the same as well, except for a time when his current ultimate was a basic ability..........yeah, TF was a bit broken back then.
: The 21st of February is the 10th anniversary of the first 17 champions Riot made. A Then and Now.
Hmmm......not all of the pictures are working as I wanted them to......let me see if I can do anything about that. EDIT: Fixed it!
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Neosphoros (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=xBdH918R,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T20:05:30.373+0000) > > It doesn't matter if players from our server will run into them or not. Everyone in those pictures can potentially use the Boards, and there is even a chance that they do (such as yourself). You are F cheaters and manipulants... and everyone have to follow the rulles, but not you. You have create ZOO for players and you keeping players in cages and you forceing us to believe that those cages are good for us and rules in this ZOO are only right even those rules are not helping players - those rules helps only you to convince us that cage (system) is good. You are manipulating informations about balance, you manipulating system to give a match result good for you, you hidding most important information that could help us understand proces (MMR, ELO, honor progress, report system - everything is hidden) but when we are trying to decrypt anything... you blaiming us about braking the rules and you punishing us. You have choose only one point from my 5 - becouse it was easiest to give the answer but you have "forgot" about the rest of the points. However those points are connected and as a whole - they are creating whole my defend... but you do not care. > > Our job as moderators is to make the Boards as inviting as possible, and it won't feel very inviting if someone sees a thread where they are being accused of being a bot. > > And before you say "I'm not accusing the players, I'm accusing the system." everyone here knows that that is just your excuse for trying to work around our rules. All we are asking is that you be more considerate of others, and just cross out the names. I do not care about players that I played with/against before if I did do not invite them to my friendlist. I forgot about all of them and If the system is broken I will be not able to change anything (me and nobody else) if those players are bad but if the system is broken as I suspect - my thread will be able to change something as I believe. Becouse of that I do not have the reason to judge players or shame them so it can be said that it is your wrong interpretation about my intention - which is mean that is shaming from you site... because it has nothing to do with the my intention, thread content and therad title. So - you are only the one who shameing now...
Firstly, I would like to make it clear that we moderators are not Rioters.....we are simply Boards users such as yourself with a few extra tricks up our sleeve. Also, we are not creating some cage to keep you in. All we are trying to do is make a place where everyone can have a decent discussion without the fear of being ridiculed or harassed in some way, shape, or form. Keeping player's names private is simply a part of the job. My response was a blanket statement toward all 5 of your points, so, I apologize for not being as clear as you wanted me to be. Since you want me to address all of the points, I'll oblige. > Players from my pictures are from different server so 99% of you will be not able to meet them in game and penalityze them... moreover - nameing them and shameing them?... who may want to do it? even - for waht if it is about system issue? Like I said, everyone one of those players has the possibility to use the Boards, and thus, we have to make the Boards as inviting as possible for said players. Also, you'd be surprised at how much one small comment towards a build or KDA could affect people. > Servers from NA, SA and EU do not werifying players so we even can not be sure if we are plying with real people and not bots. It doesn't matter if we have the chance to be playing with bots or not, there is a still an *extremely* high chance that there is a real person behind that champion. > Because no 2 - even if "theoretical" specific players maight be "guilty" of some issue, in case of no-werification server - players can simply change their names to evade any type of obstacles like naming and shaming. That they can. But that doesn't give you the excuse to show their names. > Im shameing system - not players so even those players exist as a people why somebody should even try to name and shame them? Again, this doesn't give you the excuse to show their names. And, *again* one small comment could have a large impact. > Words like "nameing" and "shameing" from the board rules are related to situation when somebody will try to penalityze some "specific" players. If the thread is not about those specific players and if there is no any sign about untolerance (in the meaning of "nameing" and "shameing") about them and if the subject ot the thread is about different issue - board rule is not met. Even if your intentions are not to insult the players in your games (i.e. you had a good game, and want to show off how well you did), hiding your teammates' names is a simply courtesy to avoid any and all "name and shame" situations. Because, **_again_** one small comment can make a big difference. And for your final point......if you want to use games as evidence towards your claim that "the system" is broken in one way or another, that is fine. It might make for some meaningful discussion, which is what the mod team is all about. All we ask is that you respect other player's privacy, whether you suspect they are a bot or not, by giving them a little courtesy by blocking out their names so we can avoid any and all possible situations where naming and shaming can occur. Sorry for sounding like a broken record player, but every answer I can give just goes back to my main point: **Just block out the names.**
Meddler (NA)
: After giving him some time we felt we'd started him off a bit weak, hence the hotfix about a day ago that gave him a bit of base AD, MR/level and E damage. Overall he's generally playing as we'd expected pattern wise, including both player successes and failures based off ults stolen, hence the focus on just some simple power for now to complement the learning curve.
I've been playing alot of Sylas lately, and I have to thank you guys for making this champion. Never before have I had a tool to express my game knowledge and nearly 6 years of experience. In case your still around, what would your thoughts be on letting his heal work on large monsters, even if it's reduced somewhat? People seem to agree that jungle is his strongest role, but he could still use just a little help to become a pretty solid jungler......and I think that if he could use his heal, it would solidify his place in it.
Neosphoros (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=xBdH918R,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-30T11:45:43.343+0000) > > Happened to take a look at the thread removed in question. > > You specifically had several pictures of lost matches where you edited the picture in order to highlight specific things you wanted readers to look at, but did not cross out any names. > > Posting pictures of end game screens is fine, but we require that you cross out names of players, specifically to avoid naming and shaming. 1. Players from my pictures are from different server so 99% of you will be not able to meet them in game and penalityze them... moreover - nameing them and shameing them?... who may want to do it? even - for waht if it is about system issue? 2. Servers from NA, SA and EU do not werifying players so we even can not be sure if we are plying with real people and not bots. 3. Because no 2 - even if "theoretical" specific players maight be "guilty" of some issue, in case of no-werification server - players can simply change their names to evade any type of obstacles like naming and shaming. 4. Im shameing system - not players so even those players exist as a people why somebody should even try to name and shame them? 5. Words like "nameing" and "shameing" from the board rules are related to situation when somebody will try to penalityze some "specific" players. If the thread is not about those specific players and if there is no any sign about untolerance (in the meaning of "nameing" and "shameing") about them and if the subject ot the thread is about different issue - board rule is not met.
It doesn't matter if players from our server will run into them or not. Everyone in those pictures can potentially use the Boards, and there is even a chance that they do (such as yourself). Our job as moderators is to make the Boards as inviting as possible, and it won't feel very inviting if someone sees a thread where they are being accused of being a bot. And before you say "I'm not accusing the players, I'm accusing the system." everyone here knows that that is just your excuse for trying to work around our rules. All we are asking is that you be more considerate of others, and just cross out the names.
Neosphoros (EUNE)
: Removal of the topic - "Is the RIOT want to kill his game?"
Happened to take a look at the thread removed in question. You specifically had several pictures of lost matches where you edited the picture in order to highlight specific things you wanted readers to look at, but did not cross out any names. Posting pictures of end game screens is fine, but we require that you cross out names of players, specifically to avoid naming and shaming.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8NN468QG,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-01-27T20:24:54.041+0000) > > I can agree to this. Feels like quite a balanced item, and tanks would really enjoy it too (that tenacity). > > Granted, we may need to put a cap on Tenacity, if it doesn't already, since Spellblade + Merc treads + Tenacity rune = 95% Tenacity > > Tanks would be impossible to hold down. > > EDIT: Also may want to up it's cost a bit......2400 gold is stupid cheap. Has this item just broken 3v3s? Tenacity has a soft _and_ hard cap as it is. Also nah, it actually isn't bought that often since the only Champs that are strong on 3s that synergize with it are {{champion:131}} and {{champion:8}}
Infernape (EUW)
: They do. They just don't stack additively. They stack multiplicatively.
Targon (NA)
: What AP bruiser itemization is lacking is a good first item buy. If you're an AD bruiser you can buy either {{item:3078}} or {{item:3071}}, both of which offer great dueling and sticking power, while also offers durability and a high amount of CDR for abilities. Comparatively, AP bruisers could first buy {{item:3027}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3152}} or {{item:3115}}, and none of these items alone offer the same level of dueling with durability and CDR as Trinity Force and Black Cleaver do. And by the time you get 2 AP bruiser items, your damage and/or durability has likely been outscaled by the counterpart 2 AD bruiser builds. Give an AP version of Trinity Force and Black Cleaver for champions like {{champion:517}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:82}}, and put any necessary handicaps on it so that it doesn't get abused by AP Assassins and mages. Make it expensive too, like 3000g-3733g: **AP Trinity Force** 250 HP 50 AP 40% Attack Speed 300 Mana 20% CDR 5% Movement Speed Phage passive for sticking power, and, Sheen or Nashors passive for dueling potential. Attack speed and sustained damage passive makes it less desirable on AP assassins who would rather burst you. Mana makes it less desirable on {{champion:55}} and {{champion:84}} specifically. If need be, tune it so that {{champion:10}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:110}} wouldn't be able to abuse it. **AP Black Cleaver** 400 HP 65 AP 20% CDR Phage passive, and 4% MR shred per stack, up to 5 stack for 20% MR shred. Make it so that stacks are gained at most once per second per unique ability hit, or some sort of limit so that champions like {{champion:69}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:13}} can't abuse it as hard. Or just make it melee only.
I like the ideas, but there may have to be an AP Phage developed alongside these, and that might be what breaks the camel's back. The finished item might be able to be balanced around mages and such, but that one "advanced" item may prove to be the hardest to balance.
: {{champion:131}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:8}} are all champions I personally think are either at their best when they are able to be an AP bruiser, or best designed when an AP bruiser. All of these are champions that IMO suffer from either having pure mage items, or pure tank items as their only real options.
People have made good arguments for Diana being a Bruiser/Diver, and I agree with them. Elise, I guess, follows the same argument as Diana. I do remember a time where Elise players would build 1 damage item, then go full tank. Galio *should* be a tank. He has a bit too much CC to be considered a fighter. Singed........eh..........alright. I guess an argument could be made there. I see him as more of a tank because of his ult, but he doesn't have too much CC, so..........*eh?* AS for Swain and Vlad, I can see why you put them on, mainly due to their built in sustain, but I still believe they should be balanced as mages first, due to their range. They can still keep someone at arms length if they wanted to, and fighters aren't meant to do that.
: Bring {{item:3170}} to SR. People have been asking for years, and there's really no reason not to. It'd be ideal for AP bruisers.
I can agree to this. Feels like quite a balanced item, and tanks would really enjoy it too (that tenacity). Granted, we may need to put a cap on Tenacity, if it doesn't already, since Spellblade + Merc treads + Tenacity rune = 95% Tenacity Tanks would be impossible to hold down. EDIT: Also may want to up it's cost a bit......2400 gold is stupid cheap. Has this item just broken 3v3s?
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Ignika D (EUW)
: see ya in 4 years when they change the lore again
Again? If You're talking about the retcon, I HIGHLY doubt that that will happen again. The lore pre-recon was simply made as a supplement to the game, and was far too constricting. I understand people are still upset that summoners don't play a role in the story anymore, but from the way I see it, it was for the best. If you're talking about individual seperate retcons, well.......that's simply bound to happen in this kind of situation. Marvel and DC went through God knows how many retcons. It simply comes with the type of storytelling.
Exibir mais

Electro522

Nível 178 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão