: Are We Really Going To Start Another Season Without Addressing Damage Creep?
This game is designed for simple minded Chinese folks who want to see things EXPLODE!!
: Honestly, the problem comes from the server itself. There isn't as much players in NA than before. People got sick of not being listened here (American/Canadian mentality is give up on a shithole company when you're unsatisfied, but Chinese/Korea mentality is deal with what you're given). Pretty much since season 6, the matchmaking quality went down hard, which is weirdly at the same period Riot Games was sold to Tecent, I'm sorry to learn you that : don't even complain, nobody is listening to you. Just don't pay that shithole company. It's already dying here in Na and other smaller servers.
Comentários de Rioters
: One reason why the gameplay isn't satisfying anymore
You’re not alone. They need to add reverse linear scaling gold income from neutrals. This will bring back the ability to solo carry
: Can we tone down damage and make league require skill again?
: 90% of games are decided within the first 10 minutes. Of those about 70% are decided by 5 minutes. It always astonishes me that people are only now starting to catch on to this. It has been this way since season 8.
Yeah I find it incredible that people haven’t realized it by now
Maya2012 (EUW)
: Problem for smurfing?
I don’t fully agree with your concept but it’s close to being right. Something definitely needs to be done to ward off smurfs.
: Successful 14 day Ban Appeal
Keep your head up. Never stop improving.
Moody P (NA)
: we're seeing some pretty significant damage nerfs in preseason
: I Quit.
Keep your head up I know how you feel. The game is very frustrating to play outside of coordinated play and needs to be addressed. I recommend taking a break from the game until they announce some new changes including game and matchmaking balance changes
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2019-10-12T01:10:47.895+0000) > > At the root of both issues is freedom of speech. > > In one instance riot violated the principle of freedom of speech (Hong Kong) when they catered to an increasingly oppressive dictatorship (China). In another instance riot promoted the freedom of speech (expression or whatever you want to call it) for lgbtq community. > > People are calling out Riot’s (and MANY other companies’) hypocrisy because it seems like they lack principles when it comes to money. Which is also at the root of both issues. > > In other words. Let’s be realistic. China and the USA are in a COLD war. > > EDIT: Added COLD to war. Hopefully we never reach that level of tension They have never catered to an oppressive China regime as you claim that has literally never happened. A video game company is not allowed to have an opinion on country politics it is simple as that. Blizzard decided otherwise but riot has never ever opinionated anything going on in China or Hong Kong the hypocrisy is on this very board and it just bolsters the fact that people will look at any opportunity to attack riot.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00020000000100010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T01:19:46.689+0000) > > They have never catered to an oppressive China regime as you claim that has literally never happened. You might be right. I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Hong Kong controversy. But still the 2 subjects are related based on the principle of freedom of speech. > A video game company is not allowed to have an opinion on country politics it is simple as that. > > Blizzard decided otherwise but riot has never ever opinionated anything going on in China or Hong Kong the hypocrisy is on this very board and it just bolsters the fact that people will look at any opportunity to attack riot.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AmWhaleIRL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:23:49.443+0000) > > You're missing OP's point. > He's saying that Riot will take a Political Stance when they stand to profit, specifically regarding LGBTQ+ but won't when it threatens profit, specifically Hong Kong here. > You're statement is absolutely valid, but it's also not something OP was refuting. So it is your opinion that LGBTQ rights and a geo political crisis fall under the same spectrum ?
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-10-12T00:49:04.848+0000) > > So it is your opinion that LGBTQ rights and a geo political crisis fall under the same spectrum ? At the root of both issues is freedom of speech. In one instance riot violated the principle of freedom of speech (Hong Kong) when they catered to an increasingly oppressive dictatorship (China). In another instance riot promoted the freedom of speech (expression or whatever you want to call it) for lgbtq community. People are calling out Riot’s (and MANY other companies’) hypocrisy because it seems like they lack principles when it comes to money. Which is also at the root of both issues. In other words. Let’s be realistic. China and the USA are in a COLD war. EDIT: Added COLD to war. Hopefully we never reach that level of tension
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:05:48.691+0000) > > Wow. You guys are stooping to an all time low. My opinions are a meandering rant. Just because I don’t agree with you. It’s pretty obvious to everyone what is happening. You can keep pretending that this game isn’t in dire straits if you want but it’ll burn you in the long run Perhaps you should try looking at your post from my perspective. How can I interact with your content other than no either agree or disagree with your complaints? > Wins feel like meh > > Losses are actually painful and feel like psychological torture > > So many champions have ABSURD hit boxes Take that section. Why aren't wins exciting to you? Why are losses so painful? Which champions have poorly designed hit boxes? Are you talking about their actual hit boxes of those of their abilities? Are you talking about how hooks conform? The fact there's no way to have a discussion is why your post belongs someplace other than Gameplay.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:56:26.252+0000) > > Perhaps you should try looking at your post from my perspective. How can I interact with your content other than no either agree or disagree with your complaints? It’s easy to have a discussion. I’m glad you asked! > Take that section. Why aren't wins exciting to you? Why are losses so painful? Which champions have poorly designed hit boxes? Are you talking about their actual hit boxes of those of their abilities? Are you talking about how hooks conform? Why aren’t wins exciting? Well to start some are. But the rate of exciting wins are not as high as I’d like. Usually I know the moment the game is over. I can predict the outcome of 90% of games 15-20 minutes before they end. The rest of the game is just crossing t’s and dotting i’s. To add to this I’ve recently read a reddit post where the author developed an equation to determine the outcome of professional games with 67% accuracy after champ select... I can direct you to this post if you’d like. Why are losses painful? For the same reason wins aren’t exciting for the most part. At least when I’m winning I have to pay some attention to the game to finish it properly. When I’m losing I have to pretend to be engaged to avoid getting flamed or reported. But in reality I’m not doing anything besides waiting for the enemy to close out the game. Hit boxes? Thresh q, nautilus q was massive but been fixed, Morgana q is still bad, ezreal W is silly and q kinda, neeko, qiyana, aatrox was but not as bad now, syndra atm is probably the most obvious, Lux q. I could go through the whole list but that’s what comes to mind right away How hooks conform? if you are talking about how the edge of the hit box is larger then yes I like that idea. But it’s still too large of hit box throughout for many champions with hit boxes. > The fact there's no way to have a discussion is why your post belongs someplace other than Gameplay. We are now having a discussion. I’m not sure why you say it’s impossible. If you don’t agree with me and can’t explain why I’m wrong then just don’t bother posting like a normal person.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:44:09.826+0000) > > You’re just flat out being mean now. I’m entitled to my own opinions regardless of how many people agree with me. But I’m confident that I’m not alone. The weird part about my posts is how quickly they get downvoted when they are “against the grain” or essentially critical of Riot. > > Oh. Can you elaborate on what parts of my original post are illogical. It’d be amusing to me to see your superior logic defeating my illogical positions haha You’re entitled to your opinions. You aren’t entitled to force them on others. And you aren’t entitled to have others listen to or agree with you. You can be “confident” all you want, but that doesn’t make it fact.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T20:20:22.320+0000) > > You’re entitled to your opinions. You aren’t entitled to force them on others. And you aren’t entitled to have others listen to or agree with you. > > You can be “confident” all you want, but that doesn’t make it fact. So you’re not actually going to engage with my points. You’re just going to continue personally attacking me. Got it. Oh and how am I “forcing” my opinion on anyone. That’s just an absurd accusation. You should probably stop responding to this thread before people start realizing how I am actually right and you are actively hiding the truth by slandering anyone who has a dissenting opinion. But if you listen to me then I must be forcing you, right? Logic
Unker139 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-11T02:53:11.748+0000) > > This is getting ridiculous actually. This post has been deleted from gameplay boards. I am not trolling at all. These are my honest opinions about the state of the game. I'm being told that my "conspiracy theories" do not warrant any discussion. The only conspiracy theory I bring up is that it seems like 50% of games are scripted. And by that I mean predetermined in matchmaking and champ select > > Below is my third attempt at posting the same message > > "So it’s starting to get weird with all the censorship on the boards. Perhaps we aren’t crazy after all and Riot is trying to prevent the truth from being revealed. > > I’m reposting my message that got deleted for some reason about the current game state below. Some may call it a rant but I call it the truth from my perspective. I want to love this game like I used to but lately it’s been hard if not impossible. Please take this seriously Riot Dev Team > > “This game is undoubtedly in the worst state it has ever been. > > It's painful to play this game in more than 50% of games either because of matchmaking balance issues or simply the game itself is so poorly balanced > > Wins feel like meh > > Losses are actually painful and feel like psychological torture > > So many champions have ABSURD hitboxes > > Bugs galore > > Overloaded kits > > Even watching pro games seems like a joke > > I watch my replays and there is legit nothing I can do to win games. This should be a rare occurrence but it happens in about 50% of games. > > Call me crazy but I feel like these games are actually scripted (maybe not in pro)” > > Added: a lot of people complain about damage being too high. While I agree damage is currently high it’s not necessarily too high. The problem is that when you get a lead your relative power offers too much room for error. Or conversely when you are behind (not always but most of the time) there’s nothing you can do besides sit and wait for the enemy to make a mistake (sometimes several). If they don’t make a mistake then it’s just 10-20+ minutes of waiting to lose. Hard to play. Hard to watch. Needs to be fixed for long term health" How many time has the game picked your champion for you? How many time has the game taken control and made you play well or poorly? For the game to be scripted, that would have to happen to everyone. You surely don't believe that the matched are scripted just to affect your results and no one else's.
> [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-11T20:31:25.422+0000) > > How many time has the game picked your champion for you? How many time has the game taken control and made you play well or poorly? > > For the game to be scripted, that would have to happen to everyone. You surely don't believe that the matched are scripted just to affect your results and no one else's. You’re right this game is based on champ select mostly
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:15:40.120+0000) > > You can’t be serious. Please tell me you are trolling. I just don’t understand how this game will work when people hate playing it. You guys are taking your playerbase for granted and silencing any dissenting opinions. You cannot assume that your opinions are shared by a majority of the players. In fact, given how illogical your opinions are, it’s likely very few people share your opinions.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:33:56.611+0000) > > You cannot assume that your opinions are shared by a majority of the players. > > In fact, given how illogical your opinions are, it’s likely very few people share your opinions. You’re just flat out being mean now. I’m entitled to my own opinions regardless of how many people agree with me. But I’m confident that I’m not alone. The weird part about my posts is how quickly they get downvoted when they are “against the grain” or essentially critical of Riot. Oh. Can you elaborate on what parts of my original post are illogical. It’d be amusing to me to see your superior logic defeating my illogical positions haha
rujitra (NA)
: >These are my honest opinions about the state of the game. I'm being told that my "conspiracy theories" do not warrant any discussion. Yes, this is true. Your opinions that are not only not based on logic but are actually contrary to logic and data do not merit any discussion and are not appropriate for the gameplay board.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-11T02:57:07.950+0000) > > Yes, this is true. Your opinions that are not only not based on logic but are actually contrary to logic and data do not merit any discussion and are not appropriate for the gameplay board. You can’t be serious. Please tell me you are trolling. I just don’t understand how this game will work when people hate playing it. You guys are taking your playerbase for granted and silencing any dissenting opinions.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Because it's not fit for Gameplay. It's nothing more than a meandering rant.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-11T03:57:36.944+0000) > > Because it's not fit for Gameplay. It's nothing more than a meandering rant. Wow. You guys are stooping to an all time low. My opinions are a meandering rant. Just because I don’t agree with you. It’s pretty obvious to everyone what is happening. You can keep pretending that this game isn’t in dire straits if you want but it’ll burn you in the long run
Comentários de Rioters
5050BS (NA)
: Its very easy to find Smurfs. Just in the types of champs they select and how they play. Combos, Button clicks, CS, Pings, Movement, skill shot dodging, Interruptions. All have stats for each of the Ranks and you can tell who is what by comparing them.
Yeah but the problem arises when smurfs intentionally play poorly half the time to guise the detection system. How do you determine between a real smurf and someone who has high variance in their ability?
: People that die once in lane and leave the game
TBF if he’s playing normals then he is playing for fun. And in the current game state dieing early in Laning phase 95% of the time results in a miserable experience for the next 20+ minutes I think your frustration is a little misguided. We need to have less impactful early games and that needs to be handled by the balance team
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gHF8o2jX,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-08T20:14:59.571+0000) > > Toxicity. I can't play a single match outside of bots (which has toxins creep in too) without at least one person on one of the teams flaming, raging, griefing, or trolling. Personally I believe it's some of the mentalities and balance decisions that are prevalent in the game that lead to this, but that's just my own thoughts. This was a problem years ago that led me to quit for a bit, I returned to find it unchanged in the slightest (which, to be honest, I expected since people will do wtf ever they want no matter what RITO does outside of ip permaban them XD). I also found it was easier to just stop treating the flamers/griefers/etc as people, and more as the stereotypical memes they're emulating at the time. I'd recommend trying it, it feels much less aggravating seeing some flame-lord rant at you when you remember that said ranting isn't their real opinion, just their brain shutting down and going into autopilot based on some meme or phrase they're fond of. This isn't a cure-all for toxicity, but it helps in my case. P.S. I'm not saying don't still report them, it's unacceptable behavior all the same, but just remember the stupidity you're seeing in-game is usually temporary, and they're probably a decent person when everything's going their way or they aren't mid-match.
> [{quoted}](name=FUUUBAAAR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gHF8o2jX,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-09T00:44:29.312+0000) > > This was a problem years ago that led me to quit for a bit, I returned to find it unchanged in the slightest (which, to be honest, I expected since people will do wtf ever they want no matter what RITO does outside of ip permaban them XD). I also found it was easier to just stop treating the flamers/griefers/etc as people, and more as the stereotypical memes they're emulating at the time. I'd recommend trying it, it feels much less aggravating seeing some flame-lord rant at you when you remember that said ranting isn't their real opinion, just their brain shutting down and going into autopilot based on some meme or phrase they're fond of. This isn't a cure-all for toxicity, but it helps in my case. > > P.S. I'm not saying don't still report them, it's unacceptable behavior all the same, but just remember the stupidity you're seeing in-game is usually temporary, and they're probably a decent person when everything's going their way or they aren't mid-match. Lmao I love this
Akrid415 (NA)
: Can anything be done about smurfing?
I feel your pain OP. In Riot’s defense it’s hard to detect and enforce a policy that prevents smurfs from ruining games. The biggest issue is that not enough new players are starting to play this game right now
Eybdoog (NA)
: You’re not alone OP I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Riot is using desperate measures to generate money. Every time someone gets permanently banned Riot inevitably makes more money (skin purchases mainly). We have to fight back as a community by completely avoiding all purchases until this ship’s course gets corrected. Or else we just watch and sink and reminisce on what it could’ve been.
> [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ue80htxi,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-10-10T15:18:10.886+0000) > > You’re not alone OP > > I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Riot is using desperate measures to generate money. Every time someone gets permanently banned Riot inevitably makes more money (skin purchases mainly). > > We have to fight back as a community by completely avoiding all purchases until this ship’s course gets corrected. Or else we just watch and sink and reminisce on what it could’ve been. If this post gets removed it should be seen as evidence that’s it true. Why else would my opinion on the game state need to be censored?
: What happened to this game
You’re not alone OP I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Riot is using desperate measures to generate money. Every time someone gets permanently banned Riot inevitably makes more money (skin purchases mainly). We have to fight back as a community by completely avoiding all purchases until this ship’s course gets corrected. Or else we just watch and sink and reminisce on what it could’ve been.
Pika Fox (NA)
: This would kill solo queue, so its not gunna happen. People prefer playing LoL with friends.
: Do we consider this a well matchmade game?
cabbysb (NA)
: Just get rid of the continuous life-bar and replace it with 4 or 5 hits.
O Matches O (EUNE)
: I am tired of player behaviour system
They are trying to make money off you plain and simple. Game is in horrible state right now and Riot is desperate for more money
: There needs to be extreme setbacks for winning teams that don't know how to end a game.
: Another Game Another Feeder
Yeah game is in horrible state. Even pro play is hard to watch
: The reason a slower meta will always be better for viewership over a fast meta
They just need inverse gold scaling from minions depending on gold parity and all problems will be solved
Eybdoog (NA)
: Easiest - Cassiopeia -auto then e immediately after when minions are low Once you master that I suggest Draven. If you master last hitting with draven and properly guiding and catching axes then you’ve mastered cs’ing
As a follow up. A huge part of cs’ing is proper wave management. For wave management I suggest watching DOPA (Korean challenger) play. And for practicing wave management Kassasin is a fun easy pick that relies on proper wave management to succeed
Lapis (OCE)
: What's the easiest role to learn how to farm on?
Easiest - Cassiopeia -auto then e immediately after when minions are low Once you master that I suggest Draven. If you master last hitting with draven and properly guiding and catching axes then you’ve mastered cs’ing
Kovorix (EUW)
: Just equal matches would be good but that is not what riot wants. With equal matches you could start climbing instead of grinding. So they give you unwinabale games and games where no matter what you do you will never lose.
This is probably true. It’s incredible sad if true. It seems like psychological torture
DrDubb (NA)
: Ranked Matches Feel Predetermined
You’re not alone. I notice the same thing. It makes the game feel like a joke
: Ff as in Forfeit/surrender? I don't have a problem with it if the majority rules one way or the other. This is a team game and everyone has a say in whether they want to end the game early or not. I signed up to play and I accept where the river leads, all I can do is keep paddling my canoe.
Respect. You seem like a cool dude I’m gonna add you. Let’s play sometime
: I played a game as Pyke and snowballed..
Glad people are catching on to the fact that game balance is so broken that games are decided in first 5-10 minutes. And the rest of the 10-15 minutes is an exercise in futility
: Some people who don't have a personality mistake their in game performance as a substitute. So when a game goes poorly, they take it personally because to them, it actually is personal.
What are your thoughts on ff when the game is out of hand just curious
: Some people who don't have a personality mistake their in game performance as a substitute. So when a game goes poorly, they take it personally because to them, it actually is personal.
This is potentially a genius revelation. Thanks for sharing. I think you might be right
: Why trolls win League of Legends.
mark6028 (EUW)
: With how toxic and shitty the gameplay is right now who can you blame. I'm honest and tell you i've ragequitted more games this season than the last 9 years of league combined. When i'm talking about the game everything is toxic. Getting permanently banned, chatrestricted and shit for saying simple stuff made me realize it's not worth it. Even without any insults everything seems to be "toxic" nowadays. So if i'm playing for example a lanebully toplane get camped to hell while botlane is losing despite playing 4v2 with my team i take the shortway out and save me the time, nerves and frustration. Why even bother. Haven't even gotten a leaverbuster after ragequitting three games in a row. Riot just doesn't give a fuck at all.
You are 100% correct. I feel your pain
: > [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=43YhAuQV,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:22:49.694+0000) > > A 2-0 lead is huge. You're not coming back from that unless the enemy massively throws. (Or Jungler intervention.)
If you are 2-0 as a top laner before 10 minutes you most likely can 1v2 so jungler intervention just means that you lose faster
: But you can, you play safe and just farm. It really isn't that hard. The community is simply plagued by a thick fog of the defeatist attitude.
You really can’t play safe anymore. You must not be playing against competent players
: Weak mental. People buy into the "gg 2-0 at 8 minutes FF". They start caring less, feeding further, etc. "Never say die" mentality is gone because people find any game that's not a basic absolute stomp or a 1-1 slugfest completely unwinnable. Games can still be brought back but frankly you can't bring anything back when your mid laner mentally afks because Irelia is 2-0 with 50 CS at 13 minutes.
Weak mental is a subjective analysis of the problem. From my perspective the game balance is such that the game isn’t fun when behind so why keep playing? We aren’t competing on a professional stage why pretend that we should have to care about winning over having a good time
: It really isn't though, you can easily win even when behind, it's called turtling and farming. The reason people see it that is is because of a defeatist attitude that plagues the community at the moment. You literally get more gold by farming then killing during lane phase.
You must not play against competent people if you think turtling still works
: > [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dsFW2qdn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-06T14:53:34.882+0000) > > Disagree runes reforged is good Did you play before the runes system? Also what do you think of immobile squishy mages with aftershock? Klepto ranged top laners? Have you ever had the option of choosing all the runes and stats you start a game with?
Don’t get me wrong I think the game state is totally ruined but I don’t think runes reforged has ANYTHING to do with it Runes reforged is great And yes I love aftershock on Galio, Lissandra, etc. it allows them to be amazing at initiating. Lissandra aftershock was busted for awhile but it seems to have been balanced. Just adapt. Klepto is awesome The old runes system was trash pay to win style. Masteries are basically the same so spare me with your boring details
Win1Ocent (EUW)
: @RiotBlaustoise on mobility
Yeah Blaustoise is wrong
: Game's are not decided by the one who carries, it's decided by the one that throws the most.
This is one of the biggest problems plaguing the game right now. The weakest link decides the game far too often
: Riot
Disagree runes reforged is good
Exibir mais

Eybdoog

Nível 210 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão