Arammus (EUW)
: "going strong" might be the wrong wording but yeah. league still exists. but so did nintendo after releasing the wii u, a console noone ever mentioned ever again.
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EyWE35wB,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-19T01:51:11.104+0000) > > "going strong" might be the wrong wording but yeah. league still exists. > > but so did nintendo after releasing the wii u, a console noone ever mentioned ever again. league is the most popular game in the word and you cant admit that it isnt going strong
AIQ (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nlts2T55,comment-id=00040001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T19:36:17.172+0000) > > So when Riot shows you the best bits of their game you know nothing about, no idea about the balance, TTK, maps, abilities etc. > > Did you know there is an ability given to a player that is over 5 kills that one shots everyone every time you pull the trigger regardless of distance? > > No there isn't one, (that I know of), but it just goes to show that literally anything could be hiding behind that 30-60 video when the game releases. > > You remember Brink? That game was OMEGA hyped, everyone, myself included wanted Brink the new game that would destroy the FPS market. That game looked amazing, and no one can tell me their trailers did not promise an amazing game. > > Yeah, you can buy Brink brand new for 3 bucks. The return sales of Brink from preorder in less than a week was I believe over 45% the value of the game dropped from 60$ to 20 in 3 weeks. > > Yeah if Brink isn't a good enough reason for you to not judge and FPS by it's cover that will shake up the market. Then IDK what will. > > But hey if it looks good to you and you want to play it that is fine. I hope it works out for you, but I seriously doubt your bold prediction will manifest into anything since the gimmick/selling point (at least in their teaser) is not even game play related it's the tech under the hood to help with accuracy. > > OW/Fortnite couldn't even withstand the test of time to usurp LoL, I doubt the FPS will. You are connected two entirely different companies in this situation and honestly it might not full on beat LoL but riot is a damn good company and everyone already loves the card game and it looks extremely fun I highly doubt riot to just completely fail at making an fps that still has evidence to it looking really good.
: calm down? the game is in a TEST PHASE and the basics arent working. you want this game to end up like LoL?
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer17,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EyWE35wB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-15T18:53:41.255+0000) > > calm down? > the game is in a TEST PHASE and the basics arent working. > you want this game to end up like LoL? Yes I do league is amazing and the fact it is still going strong after 10 years an entire decade makes me want more games like that.
AIQ (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nlts2T55,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:12:04.313+0000) > > While I certainly doubt the super saturated FPS market with names like COD/Halo/CSGO/OW etc... will be threatened by Riot with this FPS. The only thing I agree with within your post is the quality of League. In the past 2.5 years league has seen a significant dip in quality exempting a few things like skin, how Ironic that they had been working on these other projects for the majority of that time. > > When these games are released League will take a hit, but that is to be expected just like TFT hit League hard as well. So don't use that as your basis for "League is dying" since many players like myself will be very much inclined to play things like the Fighter and card game. However, I have no intent to stop playing League and those games will likely die before League does including that FPS. > > Wild Rift is the only exception and will probably have the least impact on League as it will likely just increase players of LoL since, "why play on your phone when you could play the real thing?" That is exclusively for Asians that are unable to obtain gaming PCs. > > I do hope though, that with all the extra sources of revenue, those games can return dividends to League and allow things like reworks and 1000 day club members to get skins to increase. Alright so like watching about 30-60 seconds of riots fps and it immediately looks way better than other fps. What they showed was clean as hell and also has character abilities. And riot not being a threat to fps sounds like someone would of said when league was first released and dota was the big moba
: > [{quoted}](name=Hunter Eyes,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nlts2T55,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-10T15:13:46.710+0000) > > FPS is still popular and will always be, I don't know what you mean. It's not a genre that is likely to vanish like RTS, MOBA, Battle Royal or Card Games. But I agree with your opinion overall. You might have misunderstood, I didn't say FPS is dead or dying. Riot made TFT since autochess was popular and they had join in. Riot making a FPS game is them doing the same, joining in on a popular genre. Moba is dying for sure, which is why they are switching focus to other games and titles.
> [{quoted}](name=RegardsKitty,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nlts2T55,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-12-10T18:26:22.077+0000) > > You might have misunderstood, I didn't say FPS is dead or dying. > > Riot made TFT since autochess was popular and they had join in. Riot making a FPS game is them doing the same, joining in on a popular genre. Moba is dying for sure, which is why they are switching focus to other games and titles. Moba is dying for sure. Just gonna go check out league on twitch having the most or top five most active views and dota a little below it.
Torkl (EUW)
: why would league players play an fps tho, not even remotely meant for the same audience
> [{quoted}](name=Torkl,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nlts2T55,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-10T11:28:37.899+0000) > > why would league players play an fps tho, not even remotely meant for the same audience Not all players are strictly league players and the point isn't to appeal just to league audience but everyone that plays games that either like fps or want to try one. Also I love league and also play fps, sooooo
: Okay I wanna be the first to say that I think that this champion looks sick as all heck, but at the same time... Riot you need to stop making so many champions like this. I get that this isn't the old days of 2010-2011 were making things was difficult and things needed to be simple as people weren't flocking to the game and they needed easy to learn, easy to play champions. This is also setting a new precedent where new people starting the game are gunna mostly be looking at new harder to learn champions and with all the newer champions "Looking coolest" people aren't gunna wanna try champions like Mundo, Olaf, Ashe, etc. Again, I'm not complaining about this, I'm getting Aphelios as soon as he's released. I'm more worried about what this means going forward. I do also miss seeing a simple champion released. I don't think in all my time playing I have see a NEW champion with a "simple" kit put into the game.
We literally had yuumi released this year.
Comentários de Rioters
Altiverse (EUNE)
: It says pass expires 25th..? idk. edited pic
> [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfNYd3h1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T17:10:44.188+0000) > > It says pass expires 25th..? idk. edited pic No it doesnt it says the token stash expires the 25th. The event is over but you still have time to spend your tokens.
: > [{quoted}](name=Firesnakefrozen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NBWq8YAb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:45:23.311+0000) > > except league is the most popular game in the world in esports and casual scene and not everyone sees the game as unbalanced, it is toxic but that is the internet not league and this is more popular than other moba's. Finally you are still basing it on personal experience, if you actually want to see if most people see it as that you need to conduct an actually study because you are most likely wrong as a lot of people love this game and the company and Riot is seriously a good company. First I'm basing my statement on statements made by LCS players in real time, right now they are of the opinion that this game is wildly unbalanced. And they would know since they are the best players in the world. Second this game isn't toxic because of the internet, it's toxic because the game itself is unbalanced and players get frustrated playing a game that's clearly unfair. The internet has been around for all the other online games too and most of them don't have toxic communities so your argument falls flat on its face. Finally I haven't met a single person who "LOVES RIOT AND THIS GAME". At best players still enjoy it, but no one has said they love this game in years. Because anyone who's played it for that long knows how much worse it's gotten over that time. And riot hasn't been a good company in years, a good company takes into consideration what players want. This company hasn't which is why they refuse to fix obviously broken kits and champions. Here is a good explanation video on some of why league is so broken. https://youtu.be/xoyTr7oIk5E
> [{quoted}](name=p3tm4ster,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NBWq8YAb,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-16T21:10:18.273+0000) > > First I'm basing my statement on statements made by LCS players in real time, right now they are of the opinion that this game is wildly unbalanced. And they would know since they are the best players in the world. > > Second this game isn't toxic because of the internet, it's toxic because the game itself is unbalanced and players get frustrated playing a game that's clearly unfair. The internet has been around for all the other online games too and most of them don't have toxic communities so your argument falls flat on its face. > > Finally I haven't met a single person who "LOVES RIOT AND THIS GAME". At best players still enjoy it, but no one has said they love this game in years. Because anyone who's played it for that long knows how much worse it's gotten over that time. And riot hasn't been a good company in years, a good company takes into consideration what players want. This company hasn't which is why they refuse to fix obviously broken kits and champions. > > Here is a good explanation video on some of why league is so broken. https://youtu.be/xoyTr7oIk5E I love riot and this game
Infernape (EUW)
: Basically link your Riot and Twitch accounts together then watch streamers who have the drops enabled (like Scarra for example). And then pray to RNGesus that you get the drop for LoR.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r9kgMzqE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:45:19.477+0000) > > Basically link your Riot and Twitch accounts together then watch streamers who have the drops enabled (like Scarra for example). And then pray to RNGesus that you get the drop for LoR. alright thanks
: > [{quoted}](name=Ehhhh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NBWq8YAb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:17:48.759+0000) > > Comparing a single-player, story-driven game to a massive MOBA? seems a bit unfair really Of course it's not a direct comparison, I just wanted to give an example of how easy it is to see the quality of a game by the attitude that the people who play it associate it with. Because if you look at a lot of games especially now very few fall into the category of "toxic", unbalanced I can understand but the toxicity level in this game is so high that it's a main association and that's a big problem. And to be fair we can't place that problem on the gamers because it isn't on them. It's on the way this game is designed and the issues with it. And if you want to can compare any other MOBA to this one and none of the other ones are labeled as toxic and unbalanced. Which is a testament to how big a difference it is.
> [{quoted}](name=p3tm4ster,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NBWq8YAb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:37:58.003+0000) > > Of course it's not a direct comparison, I just wanted to give an example of how easy it is to see the quality of a game by the attitude that the people who play it associate it with. Because if you look at a lot of games especially now very few fall into the category of "toxic", unbalanced I can understand but the toxicity level in this game is so high that it's a main association and that's a big problem. And to be fair we can't place that problem on the gamers because it isn't on them. It's on the way this game is designed and the issues with it. > > And if you want to can compare any other MOBA to this one and none of the other ones are labeled as toxic and unbalanced. Which is a testament to how big a difference it is. except league is the most popular game in the world in esports and casual scene and not everyone sees the game as unbalanced, it is toxic but that is the internet not league and this is more popular than other moba's. Finally you are still basing it on personal experience, if you actually want to see if most people see it as that you need to conduct an actually study because you are most likely wrong as a lot of people love this game and the company and Riot is seriously a good company.
Comentários de Rioters
grayamir (NA)
: Either you didn't read the post or you're trolling- I always made sure NOT to tell it to log in automatically. I don't want it to keep me logged in, that's the whole point. I also will absolutely not take the risk on a "might" after having made those mistakes with other games years ago. If I see a tree branch that looks diseased, I cut it off to save the tree, even if it "might" not have infected the rest of the tree.
> [{quoted}](name=grayamir,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=vPAGLYXI,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-15T19:41:32.989+0000) > > Either you didn't read the post or you're trolling- I always made sure NOT to tell it to log in automatically. I don't want it to keep me logged in, that's the whole point. > > I also will absolutely not take the risk on a "might" after having made those mistakes with other games years ago. If I see a tree branch that looks diseased, I cut it off to save the tree, even if it "might" not have infected the rest of the tree. First, once again, it asked if you wanted to be kept sign in so no matter what you say you still somehow managed to accept it. Second you are then saying riot has no security when you have no actual evidence to that and you are then basing it on other game experience which does not relate or give evidence to riots security. Finally you have no reason to be losing it for your password and stuff unless you are extremely attached to your riot account because if you actually are worried about security risks then your riot password should be unique and not the same as other accounts. So in truth of reality you are losing for no reason and any security risks you create are most likely entirely your own fault.
: Thoughts on reducing homogenization of gameplay?
Alright so I disagree I have played this game for quite a bit and I havent ever though felt the same. Runes and items offer a lot of stupid and really fun things. One of my favorite times was trying hail of blades top the best being with cho gath where he just annihilates the health bar with AP as build. It might be a little fight focus right now but that doesnt make hit homogeneous. And league still plays with objectives and comebacks still come but the hardest part is actually strategizing and playing with your teammates. I had one of the funnest games in my life was one where my friends and I had a terrible early game but we got serious and strategized what to do and we ended up winning. Also next season is gonna have an extra focus on river objectives and changing the map to make more unique experiences. Finally if you are looking for some competitive strategy game play clash is coming out next year.
: I don't understand why this is getting downvoted
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=vPAGLYXI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-15T19:09:29.183+0000) > > I don't understand why this is getting downvoted Did you even read his post he is flipping out for no reason
grayamir (NA)
: League logging me in automatically? Stored my password without my permission?
First you told the game to keep you logged in which is why it automatically logs you in and all you have to do is click x and log out without losing it. Also the new design might not have your password and username stored so just calm down and look it to it a little more before making big accusations.
: LoR is so buggy, im sitting in a Q vs ai.
: Udyr VGU Concept: The Mystic Shaman
Love this design really thought out and looks fun plus the animal choses I like a lot more than what he has now. Fits much better and sounds just overall cooler.
: > [{quoted}](name=CominTowardsYa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NUMOLggu,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T06:54:22.688+0000) > > Here is a better idea, remove chat from the game, and now you don't have a problem with this anymore. Pings are good enough for communicating. > > If Tyler1 can be forgiven, then so can I, no one is special. Let's nip the Tyler1 thing before you get any ideas. Tyler1 NEVER got ANY of his accounts back. He was simply allowed to stream again. And that was PURELY because his fanbase of extremely childish and toxic people got all up in arms when Tyler1 was insulted by a Rioter. They obviously had no problem with their idol being a gigantic jackass in games with intentional feeding; but god forbid a Rioter on a random discord says something mean about someone who literally made his job a headache. Tyler1 should NEVER have been allowed to stream again simply on building his fan base upon ruining games for others. Now then, why should my ability to use chat be restricted based on the inability of a few toxic kids to reign themselves in? That's like saying "one banana was bad, therefore the grocery store should never sell bananas again". It's not my fault they broke the rules they agreed to and it's not my fault they abused chat and were punished for it. You aren't special and you're being given the same treatment Tyler1 was. Your individual account(s) were banned because you misbehaved and you feel entitled to said behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NUMOLggu,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T15:40:54.104+0000) > > Let's nip the Tyler1 thing before you get any ideas. > > Tyler1 NEVER got ANY of his accounts back. He was simply allowed to stream again. And that was PURELY because his fanbase of extremely childish and toxic people got all up in arms when Tyler1 was insulted by a Rioter. They obviously had no problem with their idol being a gigantic jackass in games with intentional feeding; but god forbid a Rioter on a random discord says something mean about someone who literally made his job a headache. Tyler1 should NEVER have been allowed to stream again simply on building his fan base upon ruining games for others. > > Now then, why should my ability to use chat be restricted based on the inability of a few toxic kids to reign themselves in? That's like saying "one banana was bad, therefore the grocery store should never sell bananas again". It's not my fault they broke the rules they agreed to and it's not my fault they abused chat and were punished for it. > > You aren't special and you're being given the same treatment Tyler1 was. Your individual account(s) were banned because you misbehaved and you feel entitled to said behavior. Tyler1 was only unbanned because he showed to riot he could change and be way less toxic before. They even invited him to a live esports event with popular streamers which they would of never done before.
: That's how it works in every lane atm. Camps are far too rewarding for how instantaneously they're cleared. Hell, even if you don't clear them, ganks don't sacrifice anything for the jungler. There's no trade-offs between ganking and farming.
The point is to make the the enemy if have a bad trade off it isnt just gonna automatically happen
iiGazeii (NA)
: Kleptomancy is being totally reworked into Kaleidostone, it's basically a new rune. Nimbus Cloak also got a minor rework, giving you the speed on casting Summoner Spells rather than your ult. Major changes to Aftershock and Conqueror as well. Support starting items have been reworked, they have four different options that automatically upgrade, no gold required. They're also adding Sanguine Blade and possibly another lethality item. Shurelya's is a full-blown support item now. Stormrazor is going to get big changes, plus other items that they're still finalizing and will get added later. I'm not sure where the disappointment is coming from. They're making major changes to a bunch of runes and items, plus the whole new dragon system and map changes and Senna. This is a huge preseason.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m1XWjzty,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-23T05:01:26.885+0000) > > Kleptomancy is being totally reworked into Kaleidostone, it's basically a new rune. Nimbus Cloak also got a minor rework, giving you the speed on casting Summoner Spells rather than your ult. Major changes to Aftershock and Conqueror as well. > > Support starting items have been reworked, they have four different options that automatically upgrade, no gold required. They're also adding Sanguine Blade and possibly another lethality item. Shurelya's is a full-blown support item now. Stormrazor is going to get big changes, plus other items that they're still finalizing and will get added later. > > I'm not sure where the disappointment is coming from. They're making major changes to a bunch of runes and items, plus the whole new dragon system and map changes and Senna. This is a huge preseason. My disappointment was only with the items and runes as I have so far only seen smaller changes to items and runes not most of what you mentioned. Overall I am extremely excited though and thanks for telling me of some details I missed.
Comentários de Rioters

Firesnakefrozen

Nível 123 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão