musixxal (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Get2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-11-01T20:05:28.416+0000) > > Which elements of knowledge belong to which rank, becomes the question. I think someone did manage to qualify it pretty well here a bit ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sER9yEq_vy4 there's vids on this. some of them dated. i find scrap computer's one to have been the best of the lot, it can likely be supplemented with n3ac3y's vid because he covers more intangible elements of play as opposed to only the tangible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BtklaSWl0 to type out all this stuff here would result in an essay.
> [{quoted}](name=musixxal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-11-01T20:17:12.433+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sER9yEq_vy4 > > there's vids on this. > some of them dated. > i find scrap computer's one to have been the best of the lot, it can likely be supplemented with n3ac3y's vid because he covers more intangible elements of play as opposed to only the tangible. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BtklaSWl0 > > to type out all this stuff here would result in an essay. Cool. Thanks for posting. Will check out when I get home.
musixxal (EUW)
: rank just means, "this is how much knowledge of the game you apply"
> [{quoted}](name=musixxal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-01T19:46:17.456+0000) > > rank just means, "this is how much knowledge of the game you apply" Which elements of knowledge belong to which rank, becomes the question. I think someone did manage to qualify it pretty well here a bit ago.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Its off population, so treat them as percentile breakdowns of skill. Like Player A is 5% better then average. The systems function around averages. MMR is a Mean average expression of skill built from probability theory. For every game you play there are only 2 outcomes so the variance from 50% that would be expected in "fair" games is how you can measure skill. The higher the # of games the more it collapses into a bell curve. For example 3 games breaks into a few possible results. LLL. 1 set of 3 losses. WWW. 1 set of 3 wins. Then wwl wlw lww 3 set of 2 wins with 1 loss and llw lwl wll for 2 loss 1 win with 3 sets. 8 possible combinations but the # of sets when you overlap them is different. 1331.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-01T19:14:03.627+0000) > > Its off population, so treat them as percentile breakdowns of skill. Like Player A is 5% better then average. > > The systems function around averages. MMR is a Mean average expression of skill built from probability theory. For every game you play there are only 2 outcomes so the variance from 50% that would be expected in "fair" games is how you can measure skill. The higher the # of games the more it collapses into a bell curve. > > For example 3 games breaks into a few possible results. LLL. 1 set of 3 losses. WWW. 1 set of 3 wins. Then wwl wlw lww 3 set of 2 wins with 1 loss and llw lwl wll for 2 loss 1 win with 3 sets. 8 possible combinations but the # of sets when you overlap them is different. 1331. So I get what you're saying on a maths level, to the best of my ability. I guess the question, as I think we've chatted about before, is to what degree does the system enforce the statistics? I think you believe it does not. but I ended up questioning it the last two years, this year being a good example. My gold promos went like this: (X= free win) WLLL XLLL XLLL XXLLL XXLLL XXLLW But my games after that (each set of promos, even my 2 gold games after placing) were almost all wins, except for 3 that don't count because I was flustered and not even bothering anymore--almost went back to Silver II. Can you explain the integrity of math here? The only conclusion I made, which I think I got from chatting with you about this, is that placements are generally vs. "true gold" which would be 2/1 bound or existing people. Logic seems, if you're really gold, you can play with and against these people and not all the "silvers" running around gold. Can you help clarify this observation a bit?
: rank means nothing unless u are capable of reaching scouting grounds especially the "smurfs" that call me hardstuck xxx games when they have negative winrate in their past 20 played which means their overall winrate is very inflated from their climb
> [{quoted}](name=Summoner SpeII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-01T17:50:05.875+0000) > > rank means nothing unless u are capable of reaching scouting grounds > > especially the "smurfs" that call me hardstuck xxx games when they have negative winrate in their past 20 played which means their overall winrate is very inflated from their climb I am not too sure I follow what you're saying here.
AIQ (NA)
: Iron-Bronze Learn how to lane and get allies to group. Grasp the basics of why things are the way they are. Silver Learn a champion/role efficiently. Gold Learn how to get objectives. And convert kills Platinum 4 - 2 Minimize mistakes STOP DYING SOLO. Learn to rotate and end games. Plan ahead. P1 - Diamond 4 Learn how to abuse mistakes and focus on your own, stop taking basics for granted, practice warding, csing, and using pressure properly D3-D2 Get you mechanics on par with your knowledge. (you can know everything, but if you can't execute it who cares.) D1-GM Grind, applying everything above at the next level. Challenger the result of all of the above. Extra, Read patch notes, reduce tilt, keep your pool small, buy pinks.
good reply I think. That sounds very reasonable as conclusions. Though I feel like objectives show up a bit earlier, but I am guessing you mean know when to actually get them and pay attention to when they are being taken. I don't see much of that bit happening in my games.
Heroboy10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Get2,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZRfNE2Y7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-01T13:03:28.835+0000) > > Just delete Shen and Shyvanna and no more complaints. Are you joking ? Shen falls a lot late game, except if he's 3 stars. Shyvana really sucks without items and shapesifter's buff and dragons/wilds buff. She depends on so many things. Not to mention that she needs time to transform, till then she is useless.
> [{quoted}](name=Heroboy10,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZRfNE2Y7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-01T17:59:43.260+0000) > > Are you joking ? Shen falls a lot late game, except if he's 3 stars. > Shyvana really sucks without items and shapesifter's buff and dragons/wilds buff. She depends on so many things. Not to mention that she needs time to transform, till then she is useless. Yep I am aware of these things. And I see one or both of them + Gnar stomping way more than seems reasonable, given your sentiments :D
: you all need to chill with the whole "neglected" and "riot's favourite" champs thing
I think the formula is 1) create a bunch of new champs 2) over time some champs dominate 3) team decides which champs will counter the situation to "shake up the meta" 10) changes made, new strengths emerge 100) repeat step 1 I mean at the end of the day Riot is a cash machine. If everything were static, that'd keep people willing to jump on the new ball from bothering. When you know money is the motive, it all makes a lot more sense. Cents. Cents? IDK.
: Silver 1 and Gold 4 are literally coinflips. They seem to have the most trolls or people not knowing what they're doing that the matchs are decided by who has the least afk/dcs/trolls/tilters.
> [{quoted}](name=Fuhrer Usagi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-01T16:55:53.329+0000) > > Silver 1 and Gold 4 are literally coinflips. They seem to have the most trolls or people not knowing what they're doing that the matchs are decided by who has the least afk/dcs/trolls/tilters. Which is why I think they get mashed together. It's the same "skill" of players I think. It's just a matter of staying at Silver 1 consistently and playing the slot machine 60 times or so until you finally get through. People deny that, but that's how the promos have been for me 2 years in a row into gold. But that aside, what things do those players do that gets them to that point as opposed to the Bronze4-Silver 2 back-and-forthing?
: It means being better than an amount of people and being worse than another amount of people.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-01T16:40:41.730+0000) > > It means being better than an amount of people and being worse than another amount of people. Yeah that's the over-simplification I'm not really accepting as a philosophical quotient.
kickback (OCE)
: Is this really league of legends? Current state of the game.
I'd agree that any given time some champs work out better than others. But I would disagree that most champs don't generally work out overall. I kinda laugh when someone picks a champ they never play because it fits the current "meta" or counter to my pick. That's probably why I adamantly one-trick.
KABLUMP (NA)
: The higher your rank the more of a masochist you are, that's all..
> [{quoted}](name=KABLUMP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uMglprq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-01T16:23:54.874+0000) > > The higher your rank the more of a masochist you are, that's all.. Is it really that bad or worse than the Silver 1/Gold 4 games? Those have been pretty brutal, and to be honest, the plats who end up in those matches seem a bit more level-headed on average to me.
Comentários de Rioters
rujitra (NA)
: Unless you provide data, this is no less a conspiracy than “vaccines cause autism”. By the way, what actually happens (and is expected) is that as you win more than you lose, your MMR goes up and you’re matched with better players, making you win less, and then you fall back down to where you belong. You aren’t punished with lower skill teammates. You **are** the lower skill teammate than those you’re matched with when you’re losing.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vVn0ooHa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-31T18:33:15.074+0000) > > Unless you provide data, this is no less a conspiracy than “vaccines cause autism”. > > By the way, what actually happens (and is expected) is that as you win more than you lose, your MMR goes up and you’re matched with better players, making you win less, and then you fall back down to where you belong. > > You aren’t punished with lower skill teammates. You **are** the lower skill teammate than those you’re matched with when you’re losing. It's almost like they don't have measurable data that can flag people and then put them in pools of coded game-types depending on whatever goals their system has in place for the game, the player, the system, etc.
Vuuduu (NA)
: And I'm Getting Grouped With Not One, But TWO Unranked Players in my Gold Game Because.............?
They don't seem to have an actual way to balance matches where most of them feel fairly even. So those "even" matches are the tie breakers to the stomp or get stomped matches. Sometimes you're the handicapped parking. Sometimes you're the car. And that's balance.
Riftn00b (EUNE)
: Neither of them worth anything against her since you cannot control your units and she is not in the front line. Not to mention when your champion is constantly cc-ed by her ult then giant slayer worth absoultely nothing. Btw, build this or that... yeah, that is how tft works I can build what I'd like to.
> [{quoted}](name=Riftn00b,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=EvWm7JUA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-01T00:27:18.920+0000) > > Neither of them worth anything against her since you cannot control your units and she is not in the front line. Not to mention when your champion is constantly cc-ed by her ult then giant slayer worth absoultely nothing. Btw, build this or that... yeah, that is how tft works I can build what I'd like to. Blitzcrank, 2star, plus yomou's, plus position, plus evil laughter. Plus 2 more blitzcranks if you know you're up against her. Keep em guessing where they're going to be.
: To everyone who has a complaint about the game~
Just delete Shen and Shyvanna and no more complaints.
: > [{quoted}](name=holystack,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3bpMBg7T,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T20:27:00.912+0000) > > But odds are people just end up muting your pings if you use them in such a manner, no? if they mute my pings it is fine with me, i want them to be frustrated enough to start trying, there are literally players that grief 1 kill and have the mindset to just afk and go next, and that is a terrible mindset to have, if they mute me they are probably more inclined to play the game out
> [{quoted}](name=Summoner SpeII,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3bpMBg7T,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T20:29:33.054+0000) > > if they mute my pings it is fine with me, i want them to be frustrated enough to start trying, there are literally players that grief 1 kill and have the mindset to just afk and go next, and that is a terrible mindset to have, if they mute me they are probably more inclined to play the game out I just mute you, don't tell you, then assume you are pinging and flaming hard and think I am paying attention to you. Then I spam my animated emoji when something silly happens.
: How can I stop playing terribly?
For CD's, specifically your own, try finding a champ you love to death and one-trick it. Soon, you'll know seamlessly how their CDs flow and how you can modify them with CDR.
: How can I stop playing terribly?
Also, try playing support to really get an idea about how important and powerful vision is (even for you non-support guys), and then all you have to do is stare at the map, counter plays, ping, etc.
: How can I stop playing terribly?
You pick one thing at a time and become good at it. It all adds up. I'd start with KDA. Focus on dying as little as you can. That will help you learn to pay more attention to the map and what other champs do and how they engage so you can answer it. Your farm will be terrible, but I'd imagine if you're having a hard time in lane currently, it's probably not that great. This first step could help you come up with a CS strategy. Don't try to do it all at once. Pick a major area of the game, focus it until you get the hang of it. Then add another, but always respect what you've learned so far.
: I feel you. Am silver 1 in flex, unranked in rest. last aram got matched against 3 diamond + 2 high plat players with players not higher than gold 2 in my team. this game against 4 diamond players, teammates like game before. this is nor fair and fun
> [{quoted}](name=GodHookedby,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3ZI8I2ae,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-28T20:39:28.859+0000) > > I feel you. Am silver 1 in flex, unranked in rest. last aram got matched against 3 diamond + 2 high plat players with players not higher than gold 2 in my team. this game against 4 diamond players, teammates like game before. this is nor fair and fun Isn't Silver 1 in flex where the diamonds tend to end up there?
: So what's the counter to assassins?
I got all assassins and thought I was going to tear it up. And failed hard. :(
: is black hole-ing gold reportable?
A poor mark of sportsmanship, sure. All the other stuff? Report it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Get2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o0pYgG9d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-28T19:26:40.471+0000) > > Rise of the Heimerdinger support! Ahah. So true. I love playing heimer support, so satisfying baiting a pull, only to be blocked by a turret.
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Zilean,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o0pYgG9d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T19:43:47.329+0000) > > Ahah. So true. > > I love playing heimer support, so satisfying baiting a pull, only to be blocked by a turret. Yep! The responsiveness of the Q is amazing. Go away, Thresh. The only thing I could never figure out was how to use it to protect ADC. But the stun and damage are nice as well. Free wards. Free dmg. Free hook blockers. Shove the waves and burn the turrets. I have a strong feeling I might be bringing him out next season.
Zerenza (NA)
: Nerf Hook Supports.
Rise of the Heimerdinger support!
: Obviously players who constantly who face check will lose games, but that's not even what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the game state getting stale as the map gets darker. So many barons go for free because the fog is just that dangerous now. Before, as long as you had a tank in front of you, you could at least march in and take a measure of the situation. Nowadays, you dont even bother going in the river, for fear of getting picked off. So instead, your team kinda sits in the lane and waits for the notification that baron has been killed - and this happens all the freaking time. It's boring af.
> [{quoted}](name=ixi Josh Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0A8XIEmn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T19:02:44.152+0000) > > Obviously players who constantly who face check will lose games, but that's not even what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the game state getting stale as the map gets darker. > > So many barons go for free because the fog is just that dangerous now. Before, as long as you had a tank in front of you, you could at least march in and take a measure of the situation. > > Nowadays, you dont even bother going in the river, for fear of getting picked off. So instead, your team kinda sits in the lane and waits for the notification that baron has been killed - and this happens all the freaking time. It's boring af. I am okay with this change if(f) they remove the ability for some champs to solo objectives.
: Victorious Skin Line
Plot Twist: You only get the skin of the champ that's selected and if(f) you played the champion in ranked more than 100 times. Problem solved.
Sylaelque (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LKItzN8n,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-27T14:17:07.503+0000) > > Indeed, and it's not a theory. > Just look at what they did with Pyke {{champion:555}} : a disgusting champ with 60% ban rate, and they "fixed" it by... buffing another nuisance, ie. Blitz {{champion:53}} . > > They finally nerfed Pyke only when this season was over, so these "competent" people work in a very sad way. Pyke still disgustingly broken, his nerfs was kinda like joke behind all of this kit.
> [{quoted}](name=Sylaelque,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LKItzN8n,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-27T14:27:02.990+0000) > > Pyke still disgustingly broken, his nerfs was kinda like joke behind all of this kit. LOL imagine being Janna and getting executed at 65% health.
: Nerf Ivern
Rename Daisy to TImbers?
: This is how events should be like
I think the annie skin is probably one of the best skins they've made. And it makes me sad that everyone and their dog complains when I try to do Annie support.
CurS1VE (NA)
: What do you think is the Misconception of your Main Role?
That I am always going to max my shields/heals first no matter what, and even if I do, that they are always ready for the ADC to do whatever it is they decide to do, and that they have unlimited range, and that they will heal for all the health in the world when cast, and that they are spammable, so if you die it's 100% my fault 100% of the time. Right from level 1, no less.
: What Legendary Skin did you get
I got high noon Lucian. I don't play Lucian. I am terrible at Lucian. So I guess I have to learn to play Lucian.
xALESIAx (EUW)
: The Teemo 10-year splash art is the best. Please keep it.
Teemo looks like he's seen some shhhhhh in his day. I keep thinking PTSD Teemo.
Kai Guy (NA)
: That was a Fiorawillcarry [post ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/5i7jAZW1-got-to-gold-yesterday-are-you-hard-stuck-iron-bronze-or-silver-and-want-to-get-out-heres-how) Some one who typically is less then constructive in their thread/posts. 5050 is a stubborn fellow. I showed I can climb to gold with 5% of the games he has but the dude still refuses to treat me with good faith. I really hope he starts trying to "game" the system like I did because it requires a dramatically higher MMR then promos to move up. His knowledge on Elo systems is terrible. Hell he cant even tell if some one is duoing or just on the same team as a player on op.gg. The guy just does not seem to care about learning the math or logic. Anything that does not fit his narrative is ignored. How many times did I ask him to respond to the linked 1000 game to gold account? Notice 0 replies because it directly contradicts his belief that if your "stuck" its impossible to climb not because of skill but because big bad rito wants to keep the man down. Why? He doesn't care for anything that's not justification his for personal perception of skill vs reality. Finds excuses, its To rig population distributions to different tiers and/or its to make the game more grindy. Yet.... rigging results breaks the measurement of skill, the same measurement that needs to be accurate... for them to be able to rig games. Cant use a forced WR to have WR represent an accurate skill. Cant use a Forced MMR value and still have MMR represent accurate skill. Riot already has 100% control of population distribution as they control what their ranks mean in relation to the population curve. It is set off % because influx and outflux of players means no static value will be usable. Grind? when the average player by definition requires a climb time to reach the top of the ladder in the relm of Eternity. Brilliant idea! Riot clearly is going to use a more complicated system that does not work mathematically to accomplish the end goal of infinity plus 1! You had a reply to me that you did not post as a reply so I did not read it prior. > So I have about 100 games ranked and finally hit gold. We're in a similar boat it seems. So if I read you right, you're basically affirming the division chokepoint system that balances itself out at "enough games played". That does make it carrot on a stick for people who otherwise belong in the divison they're trying to get to. How do you define that? Not exactly. The idea is that you want the weakest player in the game to have opportunity to beat the strongest in a "'fair" match. A game where one player can only ever lose is inherently unfair. The goal is to have ratings accurate enough to use this for your MM system to build fair games. So a best game on the weakest player can beat a bad or average game of the best player. Ideally you want a exact and equal skill for as many players as possible. Reality is you simple don't have infinite # of players any given second in any given que so you will not see this happen much. Hence using a Range for MM. Tighter range tends to be higher quality but as gameplays entirely on players a on paper fair and close game can go to trash and there's absolutely nothing MM can do to solve that. Elo systems are built around class intervals and the standard deviation expectations. You need to break out of a reasonable deviation to prove you don't belong in a Class interval. Its more about the gap between wins and losses then any specific WR. 100% WR... for... 2 games is not a big deal. 80% out of 100 is pretty dramatic. WR is expected to sink closer to 50% as the expectation is when you represent the average player your going to be with peers so you see equal odds. 50% is not forced, its a naturally occurring value. Same way if your 150 pounds and you lined everybody up by weight, your going to be near folks closest your weight why its measured out correctly. Averages occur in nature, they exist even unmeasured. Elo systems are designed to measure them, its literally a Rating system. Anyhow so the point is the folks who climb to a point they need to play their very best and also for the enemies to not play at their very best is when you get stuck and feel the most helpless because ya have to rely on a higher # of teammates to preform well or enemies to preform badly. Not great odds. @transparancy. Its not a false grind but it can be disheartening. Something like 100-300 games for high system accuracy, less depending on if Riot added some League specific Bayesian inference. Imo the issue is riot gives ranks out very fast with out setting the expectation that at high uncertainty the system expects to be wrong and need to adjust if it was. Large #s is a time proven method to remove RNG and luck as variables. That's why the house always wins. Feel free to bug me if you have any interest in Elo and MMR. I can't always provide exact information on Riots thou I'm pretty good at research and tend to learn about things that I find nifty. I will be clear if its anecdotal or just in adherence to theory or if I am directly quoting riot. End of the day, you have already climbed. Plat is a good deal above the starting MMR.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sFwK4x0G,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T21:09:39.690+0000) >Anyhow so the point is the folks who climb to a point they need to play their very best and also for the enemies to not play at their very best is when you get stuck and feel the most helpless because ya have to rely on a higher # of teammates to preform well or enemies to preform badly. Not great odds. When you put it like that, it makes a lot more sense. So it feels coinflip because it is basically coinflip. You're waiting to either be so strong the enemy isn't a real threat (so you're just passing through X in other words), or hopefully because the "average" for the subgroup will make mistakes you can cash in on in order to secure your victory. If I am hearing you correctly. That it would pan out that "yes you can make it to gold, but can you stay (I.e., are you "worthy") might be the best question to ask. That gold has a bumper that locks you in once there presuming you stop trying might be what really drives the issue. Gold is "the place" to be for the average player, self included. I couldn't care less about platinum at this point. I want to be good enough to win average games. So to not make gold feels pretty gutpunch to me. That one isn't "good enough" might be a bad choice of words. Given how the games fare outside of placements, when gold-heavy for example, indicates that the average gold player isn't necessarily better than you. But if their carry is stronger than you and/or your team, and/or you don't hunt that guy down and block him at all costs (where reasonable) is what weights the coin one direction or the next. If what I am trying to ask/say makes sense. I get it in more mathematical terms. Now. But it feels so artificial as a point of observation.
: Role queue actually lowers matchmaking quality.
So what you're saying is more people need to learn how to play support, play it regularly, and avoid autofill every other game or so?
: > [{quoted}](name=Get2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TvQQLPeM,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T20:27:04.184+0000) > > If you paid for it, different story. > > As a matter of ethics, they should (and as indicated, did) fix it for OP. > > But if they said no and stood by it, that should be fine too. That someone would go and open a ticket for any other reason than to probe it. . . that they'd escalate it up the chain. . . > > I am questioning that. > > As an aside, I feel a bit stupid or odd. I always took that saying to mean don't go searching the gifthorse for what you really felt you wanted or needed or deserved. Free is free. I figured, given that horses can bite and might not take to being probed, they might bite you. > > Where was google when I was a kid? Sigh. I will say the Gift Horse thing is something that seems to have a mixed meaning, but looking it in the mouth was generally a way to check its health and age. So doing that was pretty much you acting like the gift is probably bad/misleading. It is an ooooold saying though so its easy to mix up, people typically aren't buying each other horses as gifts :V But the Anniversary orbs are gifts, but its tied down to the same reward systems and is likely coded in the same way. If an issue exists with one, it almost certainly exists in the other. That alone should be cause for concern.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TvQQLPeM,comment-id=0011000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T20:31:15.161+0000) > > I will say the Gift Horse thing is something that seems to have a mixed meaning, but looking it in the mouth was generally a way to check its health and age. So doing that was pretty much you acting like the gift is probably bad/misleading. It is an ooooold saying though so its easy to mix up, people typically aren't buying each other horses as gifts :V > > But the Anniversary orbs are gifts, but its tied down to the same reward systems and is likely coded in the same way. If an issue exists with one, it almost certainly exists in the other. That alone should be cause for concern. LOL, I felt stupid after googling it. My grandpa used to say it all the time. He never told me what it meant, and I never asked. I just came to that conclusion and it stuck. Either way. Now I feel empowered! And on the latter: I'd think "thanks for pointing this error out to our attention. Please accept the mistaken gift for your troubles, but do not discuss it publicly (I think that's fair) so we can fix the issue that shouldn't have existed." As a compromise. IDK. In all honesty, I think this post shouldn't have even been posted. But that's just me. The guy who mistook the meaning of an adage. Oh whale!
: > [{quoted}](name=Get2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TvQQLPeM,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-10-25T19:32:17.559+0000) > > You got an orb. Everyone got an orb. For whatever reason, you got a skin that apparently they didn't intend to be in the orb. So they fixed it. They should have given you another orb, perhaps. But I don't understand why when someone gets a free something, if a mistake was made, they feel entitled to it. Are we really bogging customer service down to be upset about free things we got? > > And the amount of angsty support this thread generates is kinda troubling to me. Used to be we didn't look a gifthorse in the mouth. . . now we seem to punch it in the snout. Its not looking a gift horse in the mouth because that'd imply we're skeptical of the gift. Which frankly, with a game company which is an entity designed to get your money, that would be smart behavior. That saying is meant for individuals, not corporations. But again, this isn't skepticism of the gift. This is getting the gift, then finding out your house had been broken into and the gift is gone, then the gift giver telling you "Yeah I gave you the wrong thing and took it back, here have this cookie instead". And its worth keeping in mind the Anniversary Orb is basically the RNG lootboxes they typically provide. So if there's an issue here, there's likely a general lootbox issue. Imagine paying for this and having them take it away and then just getting a new chest that immediately low rolls. That's a horrid way to treat a paying customer and its a horrid way to treat someone by baiting them into thinking they got a nice gift.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TvQQLPeM,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2019-10-25T19:58:07.634+0000) > > Its not looking a gift horse in the mouth because that'd imply we're skeptical of the gift. Which frankly, with a game company which is an entity designed to get your money, that would be smart behavior. That saying is meant for individuals, not corporations. > > But again, this isn't skepticism of the gift. This is getting the gift, then finding out your house had been broken into and the gift is gone, then the gift giver telling you "Yeah I gave you the wrong thing and took it back, here have this cookie instead". > > And its worth keeping in mind the Anniversary Orb is basically the RNG lootboxes they typically provide. So if there's an issue here, there's likely a general lootbox issue. Imagine paying for this and having them take it away and then just getting a new chest that immediately low rolls. That's a horrid way to treat a paying customer and its a horrid way to treat someone by baiting them into thinking they got a nice gift. If you paid for it, different story. As a matter of ethics, they should (and as indicated, did) fix it for OP. But if they said no and stood by it, that should be fine too. That someone would go and open a ticket for any other reason than to probe it. . . that they'd escalate it up the chain. . . I am questioning that. As an aside, I feel a bit stupid or odd. I always took that saying to mean don't go searching the gifthorse for what you really felt you wanted or needed or deserved. Free is free. I figured, given that horses can bite and might not take to being probed, they might bite you. Where was google when I was a kid? Sigh.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Should've salvaged it right away then >:V Seriously tho, wtf is wrong with them? If you got Championship Ryze Shard from the hextech chest fair and square and it was removed from your inventory, they should bring it back to you because you GOT it BEFORE the issue was adressed. You didn't lose it to them hotfixing the bug, you lost it because of a client bug. Have you contacted Riot support page through THEIR site, and if so, have you tried both sending a ticket and live chat yet?
> [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TvQQLPeM,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-10-25T19:08:42.271+0000) > > Should've salvaged it right away then >:V > > Seriously tho, wtf is wrong with them? If you got Championship Ryze Shard from the hextech chest fair and square and it was removed from your inventory, they should bring it back to you because you GOT it BEFORE the issue was adressed. > You didn't lose it to them hotfixing the bug, you lost it because of a client bug. > > Have you contacted Riot support page through THEIR site, and if so, have you tried both sending a ticket and live chat yet? here I would agree. If it was not intended, then it should be fixed. But if it also wasn't intended to be a prize, they might want to address it then once realized. The civil thing to do would be let the guy have the skin and fix the bug. But if they want to completely take it away, it seems fair.
Shìo (EUW)
: I was finally lucky and drew Championship Ryze out of the 10 years orb and then this happened...
You got an orb. Everyone got an orb. For whatever reason, you got a skin that apparently they didn't intend to be in the orb. So they fixed it. They should have given you another orb, perhaps. But I don't understand why when someone gets a free something, if a mistake was made, they feel entitled to it. Are we really bogging customer service down to be upset about free things we got? And the amount of angsty support this thread generates is kinda troubling to me. Used to be we didn't look a gifthorse in the mouth. . . now we seem to punch it in the snout.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Why do ranked rewards depend on the final rank and not the highest rank?
Because after gold, it's your gamble. Gold is the minimum bid for the cash and prizes. We should honestly be glad they don't make gold deteriorate.
Nubrac (NA)
: NeuwBRAC Comes to EUW
Meanwhile, I'm at work at my job. I don't know if this post is ironic or not.
: Ashe was a good support marksman before support marksmens were a thing
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Hushtail,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WxU4vWQN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-25T14:40:44.014+0000) > > Ashe was a good support marksman before support marksmens were a thing I would love to see Ashe support work. I tried several times last couple of seasons, just maxing her vision arrow to try and control the map. Sometimes effective, sometimes not. Either way, she's still fun in that role, even if it has not been effective.
: Thanks for the reply. About learn from my mistakes and accepting the loss, yeah I can't argue against that, the issue is the fact I can't find protection even under my own turret so farming it's pretty much useless so I ended up falling behind really hard and in the end I just have to either keep playing but feeding or stay afk in base. It's no about learn or not, it about the fact of try learn can cost me a punishment from RIOT.
> [{quoted}](name=464b5552494f54,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xu42UaOA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-25T13:43:32.067+0000) > > Thanks for the reply. About learn from my mistakes and accepting the loss, yeah I can't argue against that, the issue is the fact I can't find protection even under my own turret so farming it's pretty much useless so I ended up falling behind really hard and in the end I just have to either keep playing but feeding or stay afk in base. > > It's no about learn or not, it about the fact of try learn can cost me a punishment from RIOT. I didn't mean that to come off the way it did. Bait hooks offensively so they're on CD. Be in front of your ADC as best you can. That's the mini-game. But it is total bs that one good hook = death. No other champ combos have that from level 1. Morgana is a distant 2nd and only when she gets several points in her Q. I rather like hook champs in my lane because I spent a ton of time learning how to bait them. Every once in a while, I get one who outplays me hard. And if your lane is not working, let them take your turret. That forces them into other places or to over-extend.
: Be Victorious - 2019 Ranked Rewards
>All players can purchase rank-specific gear in the Riot Games merch store, with a Victorious Aatrox poster exclusive for those who climb to Gold+. More details to come on these later. Well, that answers any questions one might have had if they might possibly change the skin or champion. They already made the merch for it. lol :D
: What i feel when i play support
Zyra + electrocute. Avoid hooks yourself. Problem solved.
Kai Guy (NA)
: You talking to me or Murder/5050?
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sFwK4x0G,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-25T00:03:13.218+0000) > > You talking to me or Murder/5050? Aside from the link you referred to, I was referring to another poster and didn't realize it until after I posted.
: Is Climbing Impossible?
> How about my account. I have a few years where I managed to improve and it took over 100 games for some of them. So I have about 100 games ranked and finally hit gold. We're in a similar boat it seems. So if I read you right, you're basically affirming the division chokepoint system that balances itself out at "enough games played". That does make it carrot on a stick for people who otherwise belong in the divison they're trying to get to. How do you define that? There's just something that isn't clicking. It's like: getting into the club is hard, but once you're in, it's so amazing and worth it and nothing like you imagined. Then you want the invite to the after-party. Same deal all over again. Unless you're already invited to the after-party. Then you just go in the back door. Which is reasonable. No one wants to play against diamonds in a bronze game, for example. If there was more transparency in the process, it might be more tolerable. But can we at least just admit it's a false grind, even if it ultimately protects the integrity of the system. . . and that some, perhaps many people, on one side of the border or the other are just (un)lucky? Or impatient. Or both?
5050BS (NA)
: See looks like Kai Guy is gaming the system to skip promos (where we see the game stack teams against you) Dodges make it so you lose LP but not MMR. If he is dodging Promos he is dodging the hard hits to MMR that Riot puts in place to slow your climb. He Literally is skipping the system that 90% of us are fighting against and that is holding us back. To me I call it exploiting a design bug. Explains why he thinks the system is all fine and dandy. Im going to have to try this and see how it works.
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sFwK4x0G,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:49:47.291+0000) > > See looks like Kai Guy is gaming the system to skip promos (where we see the game stack teams against you) > > Dodges make it so you lose LP but not MMR. > > If he is dodging Promos he is dodging the hard hits to MMR that Riot puts in place to slow your climb. > > He Literally is skipping the system that 90% of us are fighting against and that is holding us back. To me I call it exploiting a design bug. Explains why he thinks the system is all fine and dandy. > > Im going to have to try this and see how it works. Yeah I read it that way, too. Which is why I think there are gatekeepers at chokepoints. And he is an honorary member just because the system recognizes it? IDK. Flip the coins, eventually you'll get there. If you're good enough to wait outside the gates, you're good enough to be in the kingdom. It seems. Is the logic.
: Or maybe enable us to choose what we prefer. I highly prefer the cast at max range option and get highly annoyed when my champs moves instead of us it
> [{quoted}](name=Veloz Destello,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xeErIirn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:20:56.847+0000) > > Or maybe enable us to choose what we prefer. I highly prefer the cast at max range option and get highly annoyed when my champs moves instead of us it Then it should be a toggle like you say. It sounds like a hard-set they are toying with, perhaps to force players to commit more to their intentions. I am sure we will figure it out if they implement it, but not all change is good. It would really screw with me as a Zyra main if it landed there.
5050BS (NA)
: So of course you did. New account as smurf, Duoed with smurfs = Hit gold in under 100 games... Now WTF does this mean >I made it to gold in 50 games. I went from B1 to Silver 1 with 0 promos won. If the next game being a win would promote me I dodged the lobby till it failed the promo. Every single game outside of placements was as a support. How do you promote without playing Promotions? Sounds like you just took a back door around Riots #1 climb slowing mechanic
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sFwK4x0G,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:31:26.212+0000) > > So of course you did. New account as smurf, Duoed with smurfs = Hit gold in under 100 games... > > Now WTF does this mean > > How do you promote without playing Promotions? > > Sounds like you just took a back door around Riots #1 climb slowing mechanic You can skip promos if you far outpace the tier you're in at the time you hit promos. I did it on my bronze to silver transition. How I placed bronze, I have no idea. But I did. I won the next few matches, skipped promos, won a few more, skipped silver 2 placements (edit: all together).
Exibir mais

Get2

Nível 91 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão