PaladinNO (EUNE)
: Sometimes, when pinging the healing glyph, it also comes up as alive even when it's not.
> [{quoted}](name=PaladinNO,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=8rhje2Nh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:17:30.776+0000) > > Sometimes, when pinging the healing glyph, it also comes up as alive even when it's not. Same when pinging the timer. If the visual bug on the minimap is there, the timer also thinks it's available even if you see 43 seconds left.
: When to report negative attitude and harassment?
Report whenever it upsets you. If it meets the criteria for punishment, the player will be penalized. Don't worry about being oversensitive. The system won't simply chat restrict or ban someone because you got upset over someone getting called a doodoohead. Never feel pressured to not report, because legitimate problems could be missed that way.
Rockman (NA)
: Is Kled the "one time back in..." kinda guy?
Bet he never scored 4 touchdowns in a single game, though.
waypist (NA)
: i hate how useful dodging is
> [{quoted}](name=waypist,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EtdJO92x,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:18:11.690+0000) > > oh it looks like my adc wants to play varus when they've played 2 games of them in ranked in the past 2 years cool i guess i have to dodge That's some weird logic. So you don't want a teammate to play a champ he hasn't played often in ranked, but you're going to deny him a chance to play him in ranked? He can't have 50 games in ranked until he has 5 first. What if he's played that champ 100 times in normals during the past month?
Arakadia (NA)
: Riot doesn't track this data so unless a fantastically ridiculous amount of players started doing this no one would notice.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4ovAePoy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-30T22:18:36.227+0000) > > Riot doesn't track this data so unless a fantastically ridiculous amount of players started doing this no one would notice. This comment from a Rioter on Reddit suggests otherwise. > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/e1jy3g/pbe_preview_dawnbringer_karma_nidalee_and_soraka/f8qarwo/ > > [Bellissimoh](https://www.reddit.com/user/Bellissimoh/) 36 points > Yes. **Snowdown historically hasn’t been the most popular skin line, and even the most purchased Snowdown skins don’t see a high amount of usage from players that own them. (Not even during the winter / snowdown season)** > > This year we wanted to try something new. Looking forward to hearing more feedback once everyone can experience Nightbringer / Dawnbringer and Sugar Rush in-game. > > Also to note: This doesn’t mean that Snowdown will never return, but **we need to spend more time understanding what works or doesn’t work with that thematic before we bring it back.** Emphasis mine. They're tracking usage.
Jolt3d (NA)
: I've had a thresh hook that was at the left nexus turret hit me when I was standing next to the right nexus turret. It's ridiculous https://twitter.com/Jolt3d/status/1044796749410390016
> [{quoted}](name=Jolt3d,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tgE3U8wN,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-06T23:21:38.422+0000) > > I've had a thresh hook that was at the left nexus turret hit me when I was standing next to the right nexus turret. It's ridiculous > https://twitter.com/Jolt3d/status/1044796749410390016 This one might actually be a matter of skin obfuscation. https://i.imgur.com/XhxisvK.gif[] The hook model is a different shape in your screenshot compared to the base skin. Dark Star Thresh's hook has more visual weight on the outer/right side of the chain, while default Thresh's hook has more visual weight on the inner/left side. To accommodate different visuals, many of the actual skin models are different, but they still have to share the same active hitboxes or skins become too much of a pay-to-win situation (arguably the visual discrepancy still gives a play advantage to some skins, but that's a different matter). While Dark Star Thresh appears to have missed his hook in your screenshot, default Thresh's hook looks much closer due to the hook shape. The actual hitbox is large enough on both sides of the chain to accommodate both visuals. They can't make it match each individually or skins would have to be played differently from each other. The other option would be a stricter limit on skin designs, the way chromas are only palette/texture shifts. Full disclosure: * I used the Practice Tool and approximated the spot from where you threw your hook, so I am probably a few pixels off laterally. I'm definitely farther north since the screenshot barely shows default Thresh's hand. * The camera angle I had was not an exact match to yours, evident by the terrain shift in the animation. * Thresh's hook range is longer than shown. I took about a dozen screenshots to try and catch it at the same spot relative to the nexus. Several of them went farther and showed a definite overlap with Kai'sa's glow. Since I was farther, it stands to reason that the hook in your screenshot was still on its way forward, calculating overlaps. * I don't know if the aura around Kai'sa coincides with her hitbox. If anything, I think the overarching issue with skillshots isn't the projectile hitboxes as much as the character hitboxes. There's far more "valid hit" whitespace in the circles surrounding champions than around the projectiles. It's just that Riot told us about lollipopping, so people assume that's the major cause.
AdamrCc (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y26q1vGG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-07T02:15:43.755+0000) > > Monkeys are scary strong, man. Yes. Be nice to them. They can rip your arms off. I get you're trying to be funny but it's apes you refer to. Chimps are fucking brutal!
> [{quoted}](name=AdamrCc,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y26q1vGG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-07T02:21:38.368+0000) > > I get you're trying to be funny but it's apes you refer to. Chimps are fucking brutal! No, you said monkey, so I was referring to monkeys. Mandrills and baboons are vicious. Pretty much any of the non-human primates (even the little ones) have way stronger arms compared to humans because they're built for tree life. It's not just the apes.
AdamrCc (EUW)
: Match me with monkeys and expect me to be nice to them?
Monkeys are scary strong, man. Yes. Be nice to them. They can rip your arms off.
Squiidy (NA)
: CDN server?
CDNs rely on copies of content on physically separate servers which are first distributed to those nodes before being propagated to their regional users. For things like patches, yes, that can work. For realtime interaction between people in different regions, no. They have to report back to the same server. A CDN approach to multiplayer gaming would have to splinter each regional server into smaller subsets scattered around the region, and you'd only be playing with people in the same subset. It wouldn't really be a CDN so much as a more splintered shard system than it currently is. Being ranked #1 NA wouldn't really be a thing if you aren't actually competing in the same player pool as everyone else in NA. Edit: Having game hosting servers scattered about the region actually could work as long as the matchmaking system still pulled from the overall regional queue, but that is probably more upkeep than it's worth to Riot than keeping them all in the same physical server farm location. The benefit would be that latency advantages would be more randomized between players rather than having people's average lag be location-reliant.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tgE3U8wN,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:27:47.983+0000) > > Bear in mind that hitboxes are circular. They aren't the outline of the character model. > > https://i.imgur.com/4aRgCGZ.png[] > > I don't know the exact radius of the hitboxes, so this is just an approximation based on what looks reasonable. Even without lollipopping (the ballooning you mentioned as Rioters have referred to it before), Thresh's scythe crosses Twitch's hitbox. Part of the problem (and this has been pointed out by others in the past, not my original analysis) is that the tech cost to animate a separate hook anchor for every possible overlap is too high. To save on development time and game performance, once the hook has been confirmed, the visual display snaps the hitbox centers to each other. When a hook brushes the outside of a character hitbox, the jump to the center looks like the game is forcing a hook that should've missed (despite it being valid). > > Lollipopping just makes this look even worse when the skillshot is *just* outside the hitbox, because there's a more pronounced gap between target and projectile. However, the hitbox's radius still is larger than the character model, so it's hard to say exactly how much of a difference the lollipop actually makes. > > Should Riot review how forgiving lollipops are? Sure. If people are consistently confused, something could be done better. However, I do think a lot of the outrage over "missed skillshots that force themselves to connect" is due to a misunderstanding of hitbox coverage and animation economy. thing is though your hitbox ins't gonna connect until the balloon effect happens. You side step the hook and are just vibin not thinking of the balloon effect and then it connects because it expanded and your hitbox touched what literally wasn't going to hit your or is visible. Make the hitbox match the hook, get rid of the balloon. It shouldn't hurt anything to get rid of or size down something like that properly.
> [{quoted}](name=I NEED HEALlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tgE3U8wN,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:41:59.183+0000) > > thing is though your hitbox ins't gonna connect until the balloon effect happens. You side step the hook and are just vibin not thinking of the balloon effect and then it connects because it expanded and your hitbox touched what literally wasn't going to hit your or is visible. Make the hitbox match the hook, get rid of the balloon. It shouldn't hurt anything to get rid of or size down something like that properly. This isn't what happened in your screenshot, though. The hook literally passes through (i.e., it hits) Twitch's hitbox without a lollipop.
Kaje (NA)
: {{item:3085}} is more effective. On hit effects are applied to the additional "bolts" every single attack. {{item:3285}} requires using an ability after charging the Luden's, and I'm almost 100% positive Luden's doesn't work the way you say it does. I'll use {{champion:17}} as an example because I think it's immediately obvious how Luden's would work. You seem to be suggesting that- if an Ally of mine walks into a Teemo shroom, I will get poisoned if only the Luden's splash hits me. But again, almost 100% positive that this isn't the case. Runes like Ravenous Hunter obviously apply because the bonus damage from Luden's is still "damage dealt". So after ALL damage is applied, then the % Healing is considered. Another equally silly argument would be "The extra shots from {{item:3085}} shouldn't apply Lifesteal."
> [{quoted}](name=Kaje,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4kuEugBY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:33:10.028+0000) > > {{item:3085}} is more effective. On hit effects are applied to the additional "bolts" every single attack. {{item:3285}} requires using an ability after charging the Luden's, and I'm almost 100% positive Luden's doesn't work the way you say it does. > > I'll use {{champion:17}} as an example because I think it's immediately obvious how Luden's would work. > You seem to be suggesting that- if an Ally of mine walks into a Teemo shroom, I will get poisoned if only the Luden's splash hits me. But again, almost 100% positive that this isn't the case. Teemo's shroom poison isn't a "spell effect" in the sense you're thinking. Spell effects are secondary triggerable effects. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Ability_effects
: What is with support grading?
Give it some time. They probably didn't reset the criteria averages when they put the preseason changes in, so we're still being judged based on earlier standards. Once the averages shift due to current items/champ strengths, you should see more reasonable results. They probably didn't want to discard pre-change data because having nothing to compare us to would also result in wildly screwy grades, but they probably could've used weighted data to lower the impact outdated results have on current grades.
: Fix Thresh Hook animation to match the hitbox.
> [{quoted}](name=I NEED HEALlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tgE3U8wN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:39:52.470+0000) > > It's supposedly intended. Why? Why would you want this in your game? What's the point in even trying to side step it if it's going to balloon to you? Add an animation at least so we can get used to this f*ckery without feeling like uninstalling the game. Bear in mind that hitboxes are circular. They aren't the outline of the character model. https://i.imgur.com/4aRgCGZ.png[] I don't know the exact radius of the hitboxes, so this is just an approximation based on what looks reasonable. Even without lollipopping (the ballooning you mentioned as Rioters have referred to it before), Thresh's scythe crosses Twitch's hitbox. Part of the problem (and this has been pointed out by others in the past, not my original analysis) is that the tech cost to animate a separate hook anchor for every possible overlap is too high. To save on development time and game performance, once the hook has been confirmed, the visual display snaps the hitbox centers to each other. When a hook brushes the outside of a character hitbox, the jump to the center looks like the game is forcing a hook that should've missed (despite it being valid). Lollipopping just makes this look even worse when the skillshot is *just* outside the hitbox, because there's a more pronounced gap between target and projectile. However, the hitbox's radius still is larger than the character model, so it's hard to say exactly how much of a difference the lollipop actually makes. Should Riot review how forgiving lollipops are? Sure. If people are consistently confused, something could be done better. However, I do think a lot of the outrage over "missed skillshots that force themselves to connect" is due to a misunderstanding of hitbox coverage and animation economy.
: I dong understand how bots being in ur team ruins the game for u , you'rr playin against bot with the IQ of a table , do u wanna rely on ur random mates to beat them ? Also , leveling up an account to lvl 30 is r%%%%%edly hard I stopped completly even tho I hate the MMR on this account
> [{quoted}](name=Immortal SOUŁ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OqRZIv29,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-12-05T18:04:01.266+0000) > > I dong understand how bots being in ur team ruins the game for u , you'rr playin against bot with the IQ of a table , do u wanna rely on ur random mates to beat them ? Also , leveling up an account to lvl 30 is r%%%%%edly hard I stopped completly even tho I hate the MMR on this account You sound like their ideal customer. You don't seem to want bots to go away, and you think leveling is "hard." Tedium ≠ difficulty.
zimabIue (EUW)
: I've actually noticed so far, that there are at least two different types of program schemes for bot-accounts that are simple to spot ingame. First one: Immediately walks to first inner turret (always the exact same spot, not moving until the wave comes) and proceeds to run it down mid (regardless of how many allies are around, unlike official enemy AI from Riot). Second one: Literally keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all game without leaving the fountain. In similar cases they stood in fountain and made little movements periodically to dodge the AFK-timer. I'm also even sure I have had times where these bot accounts actually typed useless sentences without context occassionally. Amyway, if you emcounter those two types, a report can surely be issued.
> [{quoted}](name=zimabIue,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OqRZIv29,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-12-06T02:03:04.950+0000) > > Second one: Literally keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all game without leaving the fountain. That's actually more likely a side-effect of their mass account leveling than an intentional function. Those botting to sell accounts make more money by having more accounts to sell. Since they don't care if they perform well, they simply bot multiple simultaneous accounts on VM. Too many instances will bog down a computer, which is why you'll so often see games with bots take forever to load. It's also why they keep losing connection. They won't avoid a LeaverBuster flag, which you can tell at the honor screen when they are absent from the choices.
Matt24z (NA)
: Snowdown 2019?
> https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/e1jy3g/pbe_preview_dawnbringer_karma_nidalee_and_soraka/f8qarwo/ > > Bellissimoh 30 points · > Snowdown historically hasn’t been the most popular skin line, and even the most purchased Snowdown skins don’t see a high amount of usage from players that own them. (Not even during the winter / snowdown season) So naturally, they release a dual skin event during winter for one of the champs from last year's winter-themed skin group (Soraka), and include Karma and Nidalee, each of which have snow/winter skins. That's just going to give people more incentive *not* to use those Snowdown skins. FFS, Soraka was literally in the *latest* Snowdown batch (upcoming Sugar Rush not included).
: Yearly Updates for Ornn about Weapons and Armor
I die a little every time I play Ornn and notice teammates at full build without items I can upgrade.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Wasn't gunblade's passive named "omnivore" or something? Why'd they change that? It was fitting
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MPQYPsyL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-05T13:23:47.079+0000) > > Wasn't gunblade's passive named "omnivore" or something? Why'd they change that? It was fitting They probably removed the named status specifically to allow stacking like Hextech Gunblade + Death's Dance. DD was released on the same patch that HG was given the named Omnivore effect. No other item had the named effect, so having it named was superfluous. DD's vamp effect is now the same, but leaving them both unnamed (instead of naming both Omnivore) lets players build both.
: > [{quoted}](name=AngryBubber,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUjoczAE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-12-04T06:55:14.656+0000) > > Same problem here, I have encountered bots in almost every CoOp vs AI, but not only that lower level matchmaking with normals, and ARAM as well. I really wish they'd implement a human verification system that is prompted every match. Bots typically have random upper/lower case names, with ghost and heal (I think it was?). They go down random lanes and just feed. (I use them for fodder) If you have friends, try and queue up with them that's the best way to avoid playing with too many bots. Human verification system, wtf, think twice please.
> [{quoted}](name=Diopsideˆ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUjoczAE,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-12-05T12:26:35.940+0000) > > Human verification system, wtf, think twice please. Unfortunately, Diopsideˆ is right. A human verification system like a CAPTCHA every match would just be another irritant for players and wouldn't impede the bots very much. The reason for that is that a lot of people running bot accounts actually monitor them passively. I've had numerous games where botted accounts will get taken over by a human after the live players in the game start discussing reporting and evidence. A CAPTCHA at the start of every game just means the person running a bot account (and usually multiples at once on VM or multiple machines) will simply answer each prompt and go back to whatever else he was doing nearby until he needs to intervene again. *Some* bot runners will leave them running for days straight, but most only run them for several hours a day (potentially working/waking hours, or to hide from scans of unusually long active times). The ones running them for short stints don't leave them unattended long enough for CAPTCHAs to slow them down much, if at all. Also, CAPTCHAs themselves can be beaten by bots. https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/11/01/now-anyone-can-fool-recaptcha/ That's an old article and systems have improved since then, but it's a typical arms race with the opposition constantly developing alongside the security.
: > [{quoted}](name=ÐRÃçöÑ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vGAm4YhZ,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T19:00:49.875+0000) > > i hope. i need to transfer back my main account from TR to EUW if they dont make em available tomorrow im done trusting in anything riot says in them lil support post .
> [{quoted}](name=Villainsill ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vGAm4YhZ,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T02:07:29.397+0000) > > if they dont make em available tomorrow im done trusting in anything riot says in them lil support post . You know that transfers affect all regions, right? So if they state a date and time, it's *usually* specific to Riot's home region (Pacific Time). As of this post, it is only 7pm on 4 Dec Pacific Time. Wait until midday 5 Dec Pacific before you start complaining that they've passed the deadline.
: Does Gunblade and Deaths dance passive healing stack?
Unique passives do stack if they are not *named* and are on different items. Unique *unnamed* passives don't stack between duplicate items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Escalan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUjoczAE,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-12-04T11:21:48.366+0000) > > I personally have no problem against fed AI but I understand your frustration. To be honest it's weird to play with so many bots. I rarely even see new players in Co-op vs AI games. I still win. Just, I don't feel comfortable trying something out like Alistar or Braum. Melee champions that have an awkward time and are risky. Fed AI can blow you up, depending on their champions, during normal gameplay. Having XP stolen and a kill given away because a bot ran it down mid puts you behind the curve though. While there is some risk of a loss. There is a large risk of the games going very long due to this boting.
> [{quoted}](name=BadgerDrool,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUjoczAE,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-12-04T12:12:07.997+0000) > > I still win. Just, I don't feel comfortable trying something out like Alistar or Braum. This. I stopped using Intermediate bots for FWotD long ago because bot accounts feeding the other team and letting waves stack up in multiple lanes makes games frustrating. When I still used Intermediate for my FWotD, I'd stick to Singed to reliably ace the enemy team via easy chasebait. Trying out a low damage non-AoE support is risky, since you often just have to solo carry and clear waves. Now I just use Beginner bots for FWotD. Even if I think I'm taking support, I avoid support items. Odds are too high that the bot accounts disconnect (they multibox via VMs, so their PCs/connections are crippled) or won't CS, so the support items are essentially disabled. Just have to play selfishly.
: TFT Update: Soulbound Class
> Senna is a back-line unit I dunno. On paper it sounds more like she'd be better off with [Spatula + BF Sword] to toss her into the *enemy* back line. If you have Lucian in your back line, you can let Senna die without worry. Then she can run around shooting the enemy's squishies and shooting your allies through the enemy team.
Comentários de Rioters
PreShot (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pervy Mage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gLAVmvMB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-15T23:27:26.156+0000) > > Yes I know anyone can download tor the problem is the onion link they pasted, I need to check it regardless. lmfao no you dont because if you felt that implored by it you would of wrote it down and saved it for later. I think you and the other player needs to grow up. You need to stop letting little kids bug you, mute them and move on. Second of course that kid obviously needs to be banned but he was clearly just trying to get a reaction from you, which by this post on the forms its a validation of a win for him. For all you know this kid was using a burner account and didn't care about being banned. You should stop pretending that you can get doxed because you were in a game with someone who knew what the "dark web was". Your IP isn't shared the IP address given to other players is that of the Riot Server. The only way you are going to get Doxed is based on your username and if you use that username everywhere. Makes finding the bread crumbs of a person easier but not 100% since most usernames are common.
> [{quoted}](name=Washëd,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gLAVmvMB,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-19T22:19:32.346+0000) > > You should stop pretending that you can get doxed because you were in a game with someone who knew what the "dark web was". TBF, he said the guy called it the "deep web," heavily implying that he doesn't know. Usually people who use it know the difference.
: Heavy champions don't feel it.
I feel this way about PROJECT: Leona. For her, the sound effects are what make her feel like she lacks weight. I seem to remember her having more substantial noise pre-release, but her live version doesn't feel like a tank slamming around.
: When will the s10 changes hit the live servers?
https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018987893-League-of-Legends-patch-schedule Patch notes regularly are posted a day before the patch goes live.
: Thanks for all your comments, but I would argue that typing "I am not a bot" into a box as a simple way to weed out at least some actual bots would hardly interfere with newbies at all. It's a small price to pay, and one I'm sure they would forget if given the message. I'm not asking for banning or anything, but the account should be locked until a person can type a specific phrase into a line. It could even be a word based captcha just in case botters make a script to fill the specified phrase in. Surely everyone is capable of doing this, no?
> [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-20T02:23:10.395+0000) > > Thanks for all your comments, but I would argue that typing "I am not a bot" into a box as a simple way to weed out at least some actual bots would hardly interfere with newbies at all. It's a small price to pay, and one I'm sure they would forget if given the message. I'm not asking for banning or anything, but the account should be locked until a person can type a specific phrase into a line. It could even be a word based captcha just in case botters make a script to fill the specified phrase in. Surely everyone is capable of doing this, no? People get upset (offended even) at having to click a button agreeing not to disconnect from games. They'll definitely get upset at being asked to confirm they are not bots in a game.
Lesrin (NA)
: Bring back bans in ARAM
Please no. When bans were temporarily enabled in ARAM back in April, the champ select dodges were driving me nuts. People kept dodging because they saw that champs that they weren't even guaranteed to get were banned. 15 minutes to get through a single champ select phase was not fun.
: Yet Another Bot Complain Thread (With a Solution)
As someone who frequently plays a Coop vs. AI game to guarantee FWotD timer resets, I've seen a lot of these. > [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:19:59.203+0000) > >  1. They all take Ghost then Heal. No other order of the summoners, and always those two since they are the default on new accounts. Not *always*, just usually since they're the starting spells. It also depends on the bot variant. Many of them are using the same scripts, and the popular ones change over time. For a long while, Smite bots were common on SR so they could just hide in the jungle and be less noticeable avoiding champ interaction. > [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:19:59.203+0000) > >  2. They all have summoner names that include a regular English/American name in conjunction with a random sum of letters. Ex: "tOnCcSean" Again, most of them do this, but not all. I've seen some adhering to the typical bot waypoints with more credible account names. They may be existing accounts which were stolen and added to the bot pool to sell off, or lazy people with access to the bot apps. I've even seen people take over halfway through a botted game after being called out on it. A bot following auto waypoints and ignoring pings/comments for 10 minutes suddenly stopped moving after someone mentioned reporting bots, then started interacting with the team and actually playing, including chatting. > [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:19:59.203+0000) > >  3. They sit in fountain until about minute 2 or 3 and then they run down a lane and begin auto attacking minions and randomly using abilities. They will also buy standard items. The funny thing about this is that some of them appear to be fully time-based botscripts rather than reactive. Just the other day I saw 3 bots queued together crash at load (one thing the bigger account sales groups will do is multibox several bots per computer on VMs to maximize numbers, which can cause connectivity problems and super slow loading). When reconnected, they went through the standard waypoints. Move to a turret and stand there until allied minions pass, then follow them to lane (it's about an even split between fountain delayed bots and turret standing bots). Except this was 5 minutes after the game had started, and they were functioning as if the game had just started. So they stopped at a turret and didn't move until the specified time from their entry to the game. > [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:19:59.203+0000) > > **Riot should at the very least ask players who fall into this category to type a phrase into a box, much like they do for AFK notices. It could be something as simple as, "I am not a bot." It wouldn't be hard to implement, because all they really need to do is look for profiles where the player only takes Ghost/Heal, has a weird name, and has a summoner icon from one of the intro sets.** It's not that simple. That would interfere with legit newbies fairly frequently. The name thing is more problematic than you realize. RegEx parsing is a mess that many successful programmers love bitching about because of the nightmares it can cause. > [{quoted}](name=minkypink,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:19:59.203+0000) > > Also reporting does nothing on these accounts. Don't waste your breath. You're wrong here. Riot does ban them, just not immediately. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/de/c/player-behavior-moderation/cG73k0eG-banned-for-mmr-boosting-just-now-and-dont-know-why They don't want to give bot users immediate feedback on their discovery so that they don't help the bot writers figure out what is getting them caught. Banning them later also has a side effect of upsetting the account buyers, hopefully discouraging them from further purchases.
: What gets me is why bots are moving to ARAM. I'm no programmer but I'd imagine TFT would be easier to bot and wouldn't affect an entire team as you're playing on your own.
> [{quoted}](name=Rabblerouser,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQUraUL5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:44:26.177+0000) > > What gets me is why bots are moving to ARAM. I'm no programmer but I'd imagine TFT would be easier to bot and wouldn't affect an entire team as you're playing on your own. Until TFT grants account experience, this would be pointless. The bots are leveling accounts so they can sell them for money to people who don't want to spend time leveling an account.
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: There Really Is Bots In ARAM!
> [{quoted}](name=ODiiiiiN,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8t5EGnJW,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-19T23:14:17.879+0000) > > ...I thought the ones in TT were Riot's implemented bc the mode was kinda dead. Nope. If you're not in an officially-labeled bot mode (Coop vs. AI or Doom Bots), those bots are unauthorized and 100% reportable.
: How long will the current Prestige Point shop last?
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/prestige-points-and-new-prestige-edition-skins > These 2019 yearly prestige skins will release throughout the year until they all expire on **January 31, 2020, at 11:59 PM PT.**
Mint Eye (NA)
: Please make a list of link to an article in the notes which shows which items will be available for the essence emporium this time around! Its a bit difficult to track them and If there's no article for it on its own at least put a link towards a list of items! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
They also need to fix their sort algorithms in the client. Sorting by BE price doesn't work properly. You'd think you could get all BE sales listed at the top, but they're still separated in the results and you end up having to scroll to find them all.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Honestly, it feels like far too much money for some side mode arena skins. I'd feel better about it if they were half the price.
TBF, TFT isn't really a side mode. It's a completely separate game which just happens to share assets and runs in the same client. Different mechanics, different gameplay, different competitive scene. It's thematically part of the LoL franchise, but that's it. That said, the cost for arena skins seems ridiculous to me. The beta skins have been underwhelming and mostly unnoticeable with the exception of the dark ones that grab your attention when the screen suddenly darkens, and that may be by design to make the premium ones seem like a big deal. The marketing hype saying they "wanted to test what it takes to actually build a skin like this" makes it sound like some unnavigated territory in technological design. It's a skin. Sure, the new animations might have required some rejiggering, but the ground textures could have been far more noticeable for earlier skins. They just made them too subtle. They're also inconsistent with how they handle full skins versus chromas between LoL and TFT. In LoL, you only get to use a chroma if you have the base skin. In TFT, they acknowledge that a chroma is just a palette swap of another skin, but you can have that chroma without the base (e.g., Rift and Storm Rift chroma).
: Announcing the Rise of the Elements Invitational
Why do Watch Rewards not just stick to the established lolesports.com Rewards page? It's already using YouTube. Now we have to explicitly access a different YouTube channel to get rewards instead of using https://watch.lolesports.com/rewards ? Or will this also be provided directly on the Rewards page, and this is just an alternate option because of how unreliable the Rewards credit has been for people?
Sora Omo (NA)
: So if RP doesn't stand for "Riot Points" anymore then what does it stand for? *Queue the meme lord suggestions*
Regretted Purchase? (Not blaming Riot for this, just thought it funny)
: High Noon Ashe worlds 2019 tokens
No, but you will have it in your collection. Until you unlock the High Noon Ashe base skin, it'll just be unusable. If you think you'll get the skin at some point and want the chroma, go ahead and get the chroma now while it's available.
: Nobody else seemed to not understand.
> [{quoted}](name=McCashDollars,realm=NA,application-id=PKbQ4unq,discussion-id=6F28dNx2,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-10T06:49:42.479+0000) > > Nobody else seemed to not understand. Yes, that's because of the context in the post. However, without reading that extra information, the title is misleading. Just trying to help.
: MS Changes since last update
First off: https://i.imgur.com/6iVbeHi.png[] What ISP are you on? There was apparently some issue with AT&T users within the past day or two. Less important but FYI: your title made me think you were talking about Movement Speed. When you've got lag, just say you've got lag or latency problems (lag and ping are the most recognized terms for laypeople). It'll cause less confusion since people don't really refer to the units (ms = milliseconds) as the issue. If your car is running slower than it should, you don't tell the mechanic you have MPH/KPH changes.
: My roommate is a hardcore tech guy that works in computers/IT management and web design. Whenever he's home, whatever the hell he's doing in his office always obliterates our bandwidth. I don't play when he's awake/home for that reason, but once in a while, he'll come home early, or I won't realize he didn't work that day and I'll get absolutely wrecked by whatever he's doing. I'll stop after that, till it's freed up again, but that's my reason if I'm playing and my ping goes nuts. Also, despite living in a nice neighborhood, the wiring around here sucks and the whole neighborhood loses power like once a week. Luckily that's only ever happened once in game, but it's extraordinarily upsetting when it does. EDIT: As an additional note. I've been playing LoL for 1 month shy of 10 years now, and this is the only place I've lived at/person I've lived with that has caused me issues. It sucks when something happens, but I'm not willing to let a minor inconvenience once in a while stop me from playing something I love that I've dedicated a decade of my life to.
> [{quoted}](name=Unemployed Ninja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-05T04:29:39.092+0000) > > My roommate is a hardcore tech guy that works in computers/IT management and web design. Whenever he's home, whatever the hell he's doing in his office always obliterates our bandwidth. Is the door locked?
: When will transfers be back up?
https://i.imgur.com/6iVbeHi.png[]
Comentários de Rioters
: "I understand your perspective - but just because racial slurs, violent threats, and other forms of cyberbullying are free speech does not make them right either." That is fair but who decides what is a real threat or cyberbullying or racism ? What happens when it's just a joke that was taken out of context ? What about the european player that was banned for saying "kys" when it is actually a word meaning "kiss" in his language ? I am not advocating that I should be able to say I am gonna find and kill someone, this is litteraly illegal as it should be. I'm just saying that depending on who has the power, the "unnaceptable" behavior isn't actually that bad. Would you consider saying "my ngga you sooo gud" to be racism ? Even when said by a black person to one of his friend ? My point is that sometimes people will be offended for others even tho they shouldn't be.
> [{quoted}](name=XxXGwanXxX,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dI1MAjiM,comment-id=000d000400010000,timestamp=2019-10-02T21:53:51.866+0000) > > Would you consider saying "my ngga you sooo gud" to be racism ? Even when said by a black person to one of his friend ? My point is that sometimes people will be offended for others even tho they shouldn't be. What if the observer is also black and refuses to accept the -ga version of the word because he has personally been called that as an insult? Not all black people consider it a viable distinction. Just because you and your friend are fine with certain colorful language directed at each other doesn't mean others are offended *for* you. They may be offended because of personal experiences, and telling them they shouldn't be isn't your call. My cousins and I call each other racially insensitive things in private. We absolutely will not do this in front of random Asians. It would be completely reasonable for them to be pissed at us. Solution: don't say things to your friends in team/all chat that you know some people find offensive. Keep it to /msg or voice chat.
: Worlds Reward Bug
https://i.imgur.com/6iVbeHi.png[]
CLG ear (NA)
: You and your clone are confronted by a loved one with a gun. How do you prove you aren't the clone?
Whooppy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=0012000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-28T15:13:15.106+0000) > > The key is that words like "gay", "jew", and "autistic" are not in and of themselves discriminatory or offensive, and therefore can't be auto-blocked. The important part is that they shouldn't be used to "express contempt..." Well in case i posted we have "i hate" in front so imo that and similar names should be auto blocked.
> [{quoted}](name=Whooppy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=00120001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-28T15:43:22.073+0000) > > Well in case i posted we have "i hate" in front so imo that and similar names should be auto blocked. What if it's someone named "I hate Jew haters" instead? Such a filter would apply to that. No autofilter will be infallible. For some you may even need to open a support ticket and request a live representative. Spoonerisms of racial slurs are fairly common, and trying to use REGEX filters can cause so many false positives it'd lead to bans of completely innocuous names.
robot55 (EUNE)
: My brother shut down my pc for the 3rd time while in a match.
Even if this were verifiable, by your own account, this is a repeat occurrence. As far as Riot is concerned, you are a leave risk. If your brother keeps doing it, then we can reasonably expect it to happen again.
Exibir mais

Ice Weasel X

Nível 344 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão