: Now, they just need to replace that fist with you know what.
The Hong Kong flower, bright and true, waving over a free city whose people sleep in peace.
Sandixcx (NA)
: sure it would be cool and all, but that isn't the world we live in. Ignoring how they're owned by Tencent, you don't see many big companies speaking up about politics. Is it really a company's place to do so? Or should it be left to celebrities/influencers/news etc. In any case, having a large following shouldn't require you to speak up for what's "right" and "wrong" Even if they did speak up about it, not much would happen. Public figures/companies only speak up about stuff like this if it gets them money. Riot would lose money since they have those ties to China.
> [{quoted}](name=Qveen Herby EP 5,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-08T22:29:07.800+0000) > > sure it would be cool and all, but that isn't the world we live in. Ignoring how they're owned by Tencent, you don't see many big companies speaking up about politics. Is it really a company's place to do so? Or should it be left to celebrities/influencers/news etc. In any case, having a large following shouldn't require you to speak up for what's "right" and "wrong" > > Even if they did speak up about it, not much would happen. Public figures/companies only speak up about stuff like this if it gets them money. Riot would lose money since they have those ties to China. With that kind of thinking, the dictator has already won. -If I speak up or do anything, I’ll lose my job to someone who won’t. -If my company takes a stand, it will lose business to one who won’t. -Someone else can fight this battle. Everyone has bills to pay, a family to think of, and career to consider. None of them is an excuse for standing idly by while freedom burns—just ask the Hong Kongers facing gas and rubber bullets to fight for theirs. They hope that free people everywhere will join their cause through outrage, boycotts, and demanding their governments take action. So enough of this gloomy talk. Free Hong Kong!
: I read up on this a bit before the play ins started and I had thought to myself the whole 1907 Fenerbache case but on a more critical mass. The casters, production, and even the players of HKA themselves have to tread carefully like it's some kind of Freudian slip. And on that it's within mixed reasoning from the Chinese impact to just the team's name itself. Would it have mattered if they were able to identify as their old HKE tag? Probably still... As long as they're in the tournament it will be a rather looming. Kudos to keeping evasive of it but damn if it feels like a gun is being put to heads over it.
I say it’s time for the pro scene to take a stand, one way or the other. What if Faker said to free Hong Kong?
Juice (EUNE)
: 100 points have been uploaded to your Social Status card
Your organs will not be harvested this month.
Salron88 (EUW)
: now you are simply rotating around the subject but not at the centre to proove you are right by implementing all sorts of fiction. for whatever you say from now on my answer is simple. all what you mentioned above are separate scenarios of the bigger picture i said in my previous probability example. why have a chance to a normal lane when you can have an excellent one by maximising your probability. every champ u mentioned above has counters whenever lane or late but i wont go with you on that one. totally separate subject. ill just go with the way game is made every champ has counters. again. their laner is doing it for their team or himself and maximising best chance probability. you are not for yours or yourself. from now on for every thing u might come up with ill just go with read my probability example again. math never lies.
But that point you’re making is fairly obvious. The issue raised by OP was that, if one player does not ban at all because they thought they did not need a ban for their lane, then they could and should have banned for another lane.
Ifneth (NA)
: It seems the question has gotten lost: are you arguing that it’s better *not* to ban any champion?
So, does what you’re saying, whether or not it responds to anything else, have anything to do with the main point of the thread, which is that you shouldn’t just *not* ban any champion.
: Nice. Shes that OP? Pick her and carry us.
You can’t pick every strong champ, though, so ban the ones you won’t to keep the enemy from having them.
: Can you show me the stat on that? Im curious to see that stat. When did i say not to ban for a teammate? I said you dont HAVE TO ban for a teammate. Much like giving charity is good and benefits the world. Now im knocking on your door and saying "give charity or else you're not logical and somehow its going over your head that you dont see why you should give to charity." The only difference is, I can point out how charity helps directly, whereas no one on here pointed out a single benefit from a player banning what another player asks. Heck a better argument wouldve been at least stroke your teammate's ego.
It’s not charity. If your Ashe loses to the Draven that you didn’t ban because you refused to ban at all, then he will snowball on you, too.
: Or how about this. Ahri mid ori mid leblanc mid jayce top/mid draven adc caitlyn adc nami support janna support lulu support these are all laners which even when countered it is not a lost lane (if you wanted to assume the others were a lost lane). Btw you ignored my 3 bullet points entirely.
It seems the question has gotten lost: are you arguing that it’s better *not* to ban any champion?
: I'm more surprised they would basically throw all that work away instead of just putting up the game mode every once in a while to get more mileage out of it.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mNAvVt0Y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-07T13:06:22.206+0000) > > I'm more surprised they would basically throw all that work away instead of just putting up the game mode every once in a while to get more mileage out of it. Remember that every patch is basically a new game, since it updates the engine and champion numbers. Running an old mode would require bringing it up to speed across the board, from lighting to balance.
: Maxing Q is correct. But why Tiamat? What runes did you take? If I was playing trynd into ryze I’d alter my runes. Conqueror doesn’t help because ryze isn’t really tanky enough to make true dmg worth investing into. In this case I’d probably invest into fleet to stick on him as well as heal up. Overheal would be nice to generate a shield when I’m not chunked but it’s not necessary you can choose what you want there. Alacrity or tenacity are both good in this case to break those snares faster or just the atk speed. I think it’s called last stand. The one with the lower health the more dmg you deal is always a great choice on Trynd. Then I’d dip into resolve with Second wind for healing each time you’re poked this will add up to around 1.4k health during you’re entire laning phase Then you can demolish/ overgrowth/ or revitalize depending on your preference Demolish for split pushing Overgrowth to build your health pool Or revitalize to increase your healing from your Q and other sources For build: Hexdrinker/spectre’s cowl first Hexdrinker if ryze is the only ap Spectres if there’s more ap especially the jungler You can build it into visage which will increase your healing even more and it works extremely well with death’s dance while allowing you to farm safely and keeping your hp up with the magic resist/health/ and its hp regenning passive. Treads will work well here but it’s not a must Atk speed boots can be beneficial as well. You’d want them early because you don’t have nimbus cloak with this build. From there it’s about getting your core crit items shiv or pd essence reaver and I.e and deaths dance. Get deaths dance whenever you feel you have enough crit to stick on ryze once you finish deaths dance you can finish visage after
Really good write-up. Boiled down and edited: Runes: Fleet + Overheal + Bloodlines + Last Stand / Second Wind + Revitalize Starter Item: Doran’s Shield Skill Order: Q max Build Order: Merc Treads, BORK, Phantom Dancer Lots of sustain and poke resistance in runes and starter items, plus Q max for heals, and tenacity and more sustain for items. You will be too fast, slippery, and regen-y for Ryze to easily remove from lane. Just farm until two items and then... do unspeakable things to him.
: > [{quoted}](name=God is a Poro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ndA3RFrG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-04T23:53:28.870+0000) > > I don't think ZH is the problem. Stopwatch is the problem........................ I don’t even think stopwatch is a problem. Considering the number of champions that just all in at level 2 with ignite and 100-0 you.
AFAIK... Talon and Darius?
Rudrim (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-10-02T17:21:49.358+0000) > > Present your loved one with someone only you *have*, such as a note. Your clone does not have it and, without looking at it, could not forge a copy. Yeah, only if your clone doesn't take it or steal it first.
> [{quoted}](name=Rudrim,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-10-03T09:51:51.140+0000) > > Yeah, only if your clone doesn't take it or steal it first. That presumes the clone has access to you before this happens. At which point, why does the clone not cut out the middle man and just kill you?
: > [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-10-02T19:16:36.330+0000) > > DNA test? .........Buddy, they're your clone. They would have the EXACT SAME DNA as you. That's the whole point.
> [{quoted}](name=N1C Jeddy017,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-10-02T20:12:34.415+0000) > > .........Buddy, they're your clone. They would have the EXACT SAME DNA as you. That's the whole point. Or would they? You, unlike your clone, are not evil. Insofar as DNA caused this difference, your DNAs would differ.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-10-02T17:21:49.358+0000) > > Present your loved one with someone only you *have*, such as a note. Your clone does not have it and, without looking at it, could not forge a copy. Okay but the evil clone will know where this note is or how to reproduce it because they know everything. This doesn't work.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RbQe0rG1,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-10-03T01:31:13.158+0000) > > Okay but the evil clone will know where this note is or how to reproduce it because they know everything. This doesn't work. Your clone only knows what you know, and while you could *recognize* the note, you couldn’t *recall* its appearance on demand. That appearance would include handwriting, whether it were crumpled or stained, how so and where, etc. The clone could only produce a forgery based on its best recollection, which wouldn’t be convincingly accurate.
CLG ear (NA)
: You and your clone are confronted by a loved one with a gun. How do you prove you aren't the clone?
Present your loved one with someone only you *have*, such as a note. Your clone does not have it and, without looking at it, could not forge a copy.
: ***
In all fairness, P1 60% is not hardstuck unless the elo gains are terrible. He should crawl into D4 pretty soon.
Krizonar (NA)
: {{champion:163}} All of them.
> [{quoted}](name=Krizonar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=th7AwXB5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-30T14:36:43.271+0000) > > {{champion:163}} All of them. I wanted to upvote but was too saddened by the truth. :(
: yes, and quite a few of their classifications are incorrect want a simple example? compare {{champion:56}} and {{champion:105}} or {{champion:238}} or {{champion:245}} or {{champion:55}} to {{champion:56}} and {{champion:24}} or {{champion:60}} or {{champion:120}} or {{champion:58}} nocturne gets in and doesn't get out...a trademark of a diver. Tends to rely mostly on auto attacks (another common trait), has defenses and crowd control (another common trait of a diver) , compare that to assassins who: are highly mobile, get into and out of a fight, rely primarily on abilities for damage, typically have no defensive abilties and instead rely on mobility or unable to be targeted katarina is probably the oddest of the bunch because she is designed around killing EVERYONE AT ONCE and instant plays involving blinks
Woah. That is a good point and downright bizarre classification of Elise as a Diver. She’s built full AP and tries to nuke down a single squishy target. Nocturne is built full AD and tries to do the same thing, yet is called an Assassin. Bizarre.
Mihalikb (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=KABLUMP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mvXXpyQr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:59:53.433+0000) > > I undertstand this, which is why I think that more utility and options should be put into most champions in order to make that issue go away The ability bloat is the main reason why we are in this mess in the first place. The recent trend for reworks and especially new champions is baking in a million different stun, engage, dash, cc mechanics into every ability. Akali, Kaisa, Pyke, Kayle, Mordekaiser, Neeko, Qiyana, Aatrox are all glaring examples of this. Most notably Akali and Kaisa.
Kai’Sa is a pretty basic champ: people were even complaining about it on launch. Her Q is so point-and-click that not even she gets to choose what it hits. Her W is a slow, single-target skillshot. Her E is a haste that becomes an invisible haste at 100% bonus attack speed. Her R is a conditional dash that brings her right into the enemy’s face. People pick Kai’sa because she’s consistently strong rather than high-cap. Indeed, compared to the free, long, resetting dash; point-and-click displacement, 0 mana AS roid, and AOE nuke of Tristana, her kit’s downright bland.
: technically, nocturne is a diver, a large portion of which are also fighters. Jax is also a diver Riot's class system has always been weird, especially when they "decide" that a champion should change classes and specialties Udyr is technically a fighter and tank hybrid where his specialties vary. His counterplay, similar to a juggernaut, is to be avoided completely, but does his threat value justify calling him a juggernaut?
The classes are listed on the wiki: click on the big symbol to the right of the champion’s name on its page. Here’s Nocturne https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne
: jax actually is a bruiser and has the defenses to back it up. fighters are characters like Xin and yi who have to build some form of damage or they do nothing {{champion:2}} : fighter {{champion:56}} : fighter {{champion:23}} : fighter {{champion:157}} : fighter ----------------------------------- {{champion:77}} : bruiser {{champion:19}} : bruiser {{champion:6}} : bruiser (technically now juggernaut) {{champion:83}} : bruiser (also juggernaut ) {{champion:48}} : bruiser (yet another juggernaut XD) I guess you could argue about {{item:3057}} being necessary for their damage, but if you compare that to the almost essential glass cannon builds of the other characters...you can see the difference (idk if Urgot builds it or not. He used to, but the new one is a lot different XD )
Speaking very strictly, Nocturne is an Assassin, and Yasuo and Tryndamere are Duelists, which are the two sub-classes of the larger Slayer class. The rest belong to the Fighter class, which has the two sub-classes Diver and Juggernaut: Olaf, and Warwick are Divers while Yorick, Udyr, Urgot, and Trundle are Juggernauts.
Leu07 (NA)
: Taurus Taliyah
I wish this skin had her side-skirting. Many skins omit it, yet it’s essential to her outfit and silhouette.
: I demand Twitch in a rat costume. Twitception.
Twitch in a cat costume for triple irony: he is pretending to be what eats him, appears to be inside it like he was eaten, and yet is wearing its pelt like a suit.
Riftn00b (EUNE)
: That is strange because I was always told champions should be balanced around high elo players since they can use the champions with their full potential, also they know the best ways to counter them. There are only 2 top lane champions with 54+% win rate and more than 1000 played games: Kled and Pantheon.
The game is balanced around regular play, skilled play, and pro play. Regular play is below Platinum, where players generally do not use their champions efficiently but Riot must prevent pub-stompers from running wild to keep 80% of the playerbase happy. Skilled play is Plat and above, where players do use their champions efficiently but without coordination. Riot gets the ‘good’ balance numbers from this elo and sometimes considers ‘elite’ play of Masters+ for near-perfect play abuse cases. Finally, Pro players use champions perfectly, in unexpected ways, and with coordination, requiring balance decisions that often seem strange to anyone not following the scene. RIP Support Kench.
Leetri (EUW)
: Unfortunately there's really nothing Riot can do about it aside from stop doing live events. Ticketmaster/their owner owns a ton of arenas (for example, basically all large arenas in the US) and will only allow you to sell tickets through their services. The real issue is Ticketmaster, but they've done jack shit.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JEBe9tiF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-17T15:57:49.515+0000) > > Unfortunately there's really nothing Riot can do about it aside from stop doing live events. Ticketmaster/their owner owns a ton of arenas (for example, basically all large arenas in the US) and will only allow you to sell tickets through their services. The real issue is Ticketmaster, but they've done jack shit. They could just pay the venue its cut from ticket sales up front and handle everything in-house, starting by refusing to allow resale and also requiring personal documentation before allowing admission and at entry. They could take it another step further, requiring a letter and brief video to apply, with ticket recipients receiving news by video call. Cumbersome as all get out for everyone involved, but it would stop the scalpers guaranteed.
Riftn00b (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4ajrc5FM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T18:39:04.626+0000) > > Kled has 52,4% winrate with 5% pickrate according to U.GG in plat+ matches. > > What site are you using? U.gg , master+ stats
Gotta include Plat and Diamond, or else any champ can have crazy stats because Master+ is old Diamond 1+.
: Agreed. I would also like to add that typically by the time a tank has enough health in your build to justify {{item:3193}} Gargoyle Stoneplate, enemies tend to have armor/mr shredding tools by then. It's for this reason that it makes tanks ironically feel squishy while building it. The same issue applies with {{item:3190}} Locket of the Iron Solari. Many armor/mr tank items are theoretically good, but they are gated by a requirement that is simply infeasible: having a boatload of health. {{item:3190}} Locket of the Iron Solari, {{item:3193}} Gargoyle Stoneplate, and {{item:3512}} Zz'Rot Portal are all tank items boasting enormous health synergy. However, the very issue is that none of these items provide the health that makes it good. This is an awkward issue for supports since {{item:3401}} Remnant of the Aspect isn't as much of a health item as it is a health regen item. While health regen does synergize with armor/mr, the issue is that the items listed specifically have health synergy. The greatest irony of it all is that the highest health item ALSO REQUIRES MORE HEALTH: {{item:3083}} Warmog's Armor. So even rushing this item to synergize with these hybrid resistances is bad since you actually don't have enough health to fulfill Warmog's Heart by the 3rd item. This overarching issue forces tanks to build health + mr or health + armor items which pushes beyond the point where these resistances are useful given how quickly people rush resistance penetration. So theoretically "good" tank items are traps with the most unsound foundation. If you even attempt to pull it off, you end up devastated and feeling squishy, even though you are playing a tank. Thus, the only solace that can be found building these items is if your champion can easily take advantage of both armor and mr ratios in their kit with things like shields or ratios. It is the only way to justify getting items such as these right now.
It’s also meta dependent. Tanks used to play not to lose lane—and the strong ones wouldn’t unless facing an unusually talented carry player. Their cheap and high-stat items would let them quickly scale into overwhelming teamfighters. So Riot nerfed the items and buffed carry Top and Jungle champions through Runes Reforged. This change freed those roles from tank duty but left Support with the entire burden of tanking. We thereby reached the current meta, wherein {{champion:122}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:25}} falls off much less against {{champion:78}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:12}} than it should, considering its potential to outright win the game under twenty five minutes by snowballing small leads. We need viable, fun tanks to contain such compositions outside pro-play.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QRy4EbIN,comment-id=000700000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T11:22:40.256+0000) > > It’s not skewed research. He went over literally every skin release and the balance changes surrounding it. There was zero correlation between getting a skin and getting a buff, since although sometimes champs got buffs and skins at once, they just as often got nerfs and skins. It happened just this patch. > > The reason you think they do it ‘on purpose’ is confirmation bias. The human mind evolved to see patterns, especially ones left by other humans, even if they might not be there. Better to avoid that bush because a predator or rival might be inside than to walk through and get killed. So, when you see a champion get a buff and a skin, there’s a fundamental temptation to think, ‘There’s Rito doing it again!’ > > When champions get buffs and nerfs with no skins, or get a skin and then a nerf, since it doesn’t fit the narrative of patterns left by humans, our minds literally ignore that evidence. And the more neutral evidence we see, the *stronger* our convictions become. We can get trapped in echo chambers of our own making. > > So we have to start with the evidence and go from there rather than try to guess what’s true and find evidence for it, or else wind up thinking that Meddler’s telling the Balance team to hold up on changes so Skins can get some more cash in the door. > > If that were true, then why would Lux and Ezreal not constantly be top-tier picks rather than regularly middle of the pack, often worse? TL;DR: i dont believe im biased. there are some connections. stuff about riven i dont think im having this bias you talk about because im not ignoring the buffs that dont come with skins just because. im ignoring them simply because, first releasing a skin on every buff you patch is sketchy and scummy. secondly, it is obviously unrealistic for a skin to be made for every champion that gets a buff in every patch. (quick note: lux and ezreal have almost always been top tier and safe/easy picks. and lux is still a top tier op pick. i dont know about ezreal.{further sidenote: annie also has tons of skins and is still an OP pick. not that it really matters to this but im just pointing it out}) as for people getting nerfs while obtaining a skin is apart of the thing i mentioned early somewhat in which if they **always** buffed and gave a skin that would be scummy. regardless of intentions of trying to hide something or not champions get nerfed when the community outlashes. for instance the cancelled riven buff that was going to come with the new skin. people complained so they canceled it. if Riot truly believed it was a buff Riven **NEEDED** they would have released the buff+skin. essentially im saying they saw that if they let that buff happen everyone would catch on to them. before you call BS on that last statement. think about how the balance team is supposed to work. they need to take lots of time discussing,testing,re-testing,more discussing. you get the idea. and somehow they come up with the uber buff? for riven?. what i just said is kinda straying from what i wanted to say but basically the balance team takes lots of time to decide this whatever needs X balance. they wouldnt listen to the outcry if they "knew" this would balance X champ. the buff would still be released.
Plenty of champions get: buffed with no skin, nerfed with no skin, buffed with a skin, and nerfed with a skin. And as that Redditor found by looking at every skin release, getting a skin makes a champion no more or less likely to get buffed or nerfed. Once you look at all the evidence, there are no connections. Lux and Ezreal are inherently safe and frequently receive skins; Xerath and Sivir are also inherently safe but do not. None of them will be reworked into an unrecognizably risky champion, since all their mains would stop playing them. Lux and Ezreal have high pick rates regardless of meta because they are human, attractive, young, and relatable, just like Yasuo appeals to ‘edgy anime fans’. The balance team will make bad decisions sometimes, but people generally don’t criticize every change of every patch. That’s pretty good performance. The perception problem arises when a polarizing champion gets controversial buffs alongside a skin. The only way to prevent that problem would be to either stop working on controversial champions, enraging the community; render them unrecognizable, making their mains quit; or release their skins long before or after controversial balance changes that are ultimately impossible to predict. So Rito just throws up its hands, farts in someone’s face, and goes about its day.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/QfkmG0M1-uh-can-you-like-not-do-this-riot riven is getting an absurb buff. aswell as a skin. that data/research quite frankly doesnt mean much because its skewed. what i mean is, of course they dont give skins to champions they buff every single time they do it. but they definitely do it on purpose when they do. everyone and their mother have been complaining about how despite the nerfs, riven is still top tier. and then they decide to buff her... near when they are releasing a skin? i do not think its a coincidence that they buffed a champion that doesnt need it for sure around when she is getting a skin not to mention the earlier khazix Q buff when he didnt need one. I say this because with worlds or whatever coming that huge chroma skin he has will be available again.
It’s not skewed research. He went over literally every skin release and the balance changes surrounding it. There was zero correlation between getting a skin and getting a buff, since although sometimes champs got buffs and skins at once, they just as often got nerfs and skins. It happened just this patch. The reason you think they do it ‘on purpose’ is confirmation bias. The human mind evolved to see patterns, especially ones left by other humans, even if they might not be there. Better to avoid that bush because a predator or rival might be inside than to walk through and get killed. So, when you see a champion get a buff and a skin, there’s a fundamental temptation to think, ‘There’s Rito doing it again!’ When champions get buffs and nerfs with no skins, or get a skin and then a nerf, since it doesn’t fit the narrative of patterns left by humans, our minds literally ignore that evidence. And the more neutral evidence we see, the *stronger* our convictions become. We can get trapped in echo chambers of our own making. So we have to start with the evidence and go from there rather than try to guess what’s true and find evidence for it, or else wind up thinking that Meddler’s telling the Balance team to hold up on changes so Skins can get some more cash in the door. If that were true, then why would Lux and Ezreal not constantly be top-tier picks rather than regularly middle of the pack, often worse?
Saezio (EUNE)
: Regularly? really? Other classes are about as popular... Really? Maybe assassins in soloq but I would bet my right (and best btw) testicle that the percentage of games with 2 marksmen (across both teams) is higher than any other class by at least 15%. Be it bruisers,enchanters,mages,assassins,tanks,juggernauts,skirmishers ANYTHING. (across all tiers of play) And, other than perkz and the garen/yuumi and sona/taric/tahm which pro have you seen play non marksmen botlaners in the bottom lane regularly? P.S. I said I have made my peace with marksmen being given a lane almost exclusively, what I don't get is why can't we at least have 8-10 marksmen that are of the same tier at least. P.S.2 Riot have made the bot lane a Marksman dominated role for 8 maybe even 9 years, changing it now would make ADC mains whine, and to an extent that is understandable, so I get why they are given preferential treatment to other classes.
Sona Taric, Taliyah Pantheon, Yasuo + CC, Garen Yuumi, to name a few. There are official Riot classes and subclasses. For example, Yasuo and Yi belong to the Skirmisher sub-class, and Zed and Talon belong to the Assassin sub-class. Skirmishers and Assassins belong to the Slayer class. Seeing two Slayers in one game would be as easy as Talon Mid plus Yi Jungle. The same goes for Fighters (aka Bruisers). Kled and Vi belong to the Diver sub-class, while Darius and Illaoi belong to the Juggernaut sub-class. Seeing two fighters in one game is as common as Darius Top plus Vi Jungle. Pit this duo against the Talon/Yi one, and the game doubly represents Slayers *and* Fighters. We can go on for mages, but you get the idea. Marksmen meanwhile just chill and farm bottom lane, unless Riot makes it too hard, leaving a fifth of the playerbase without a role. They’re not going to just pull the rug out from under Rekkles or xXLastHitsLucianXx93. One is Challenger, the other is Bronze, but both have devoted years to their craft.
: Hahahhahahahahahahaha. Good one.
Here’s the link. If you’re so sure, you shouldn’t mind clicking on it. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/bm31i0/an_analysis_on_the_question_whether_riot_buffs/
: lucian got buffed when the high noon skin came out. rengar got a buff around pretty kitty skin and im sures there is many more i just dont feel like doing the research. im pretty sure khazix and lee sin are apart of that
Thing is, he actually did the research. Here’s the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/bm31i0/an_analysis_on_the_question_whether_riot_buffs/
Saezio (EUNE)
: I don't mind, or rather, I have come to terms with Riot always forcing marksmen down the throat of every team. What I do not understand is why does KAISA need to be the busted one? While her counters are always getting nerfeds whiles she doesn't. I respect people that play lucian or Draven or generally early game Marksmen. They are taking a risk. I prefer seeing those, and in such a fast paced game, they should be king, not a markswoman supposed to be late game. Kai'sa should have win/pick rates close to Kog'maw and sivir (in pro play).
We regularly see non-Marksmen bottom lanes, from the ladder to the highest tiers of pro play. Other classes are about as popular but just more spread out, since Fighters can play Top and Jungle, Mages can play Mid and Support, Assassins can play Mid and Jungle, and Tanks though less popular can play Top, Jungle, and Support. Almost all Marksmen are Bottom, which therefore has a much higher proportion of them.
: And which do you honestly believe has sold more.
This myth was debunked by a Redditor long ago: champion skin and balance decisions do not affect each other. Edit: Link https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/bm31i0/an_analysis_on_the_question_whether_riot_buffs/
: > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XlwTvrXH,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-12T04:09:27.785+0000) > > Blitzcrank’s other abilities largely just chain after his grab. Putting all of Blitzcrank’s power into that ability diminishes his design. He would be more fun to play as and against were his power budget more spread out. That is Thresh, you've described Thresh to me.
While Thresh can chain Death Sentence into Death Leap, Flaying his enemies and laying down The Box, all while leaving his Lantern behind to pull an ally with him, his hook is much worse, and his other abilities generally have uses outside this combo chain. Flay, for example, can save allies. Blitzcrank’s hook, on the other hand, often does not even need a combo chain behind it. That strength is fine after lane because other engage spells like Morgana’a Dark Binding are just as effective, but during lane, it leaves no room for his other spells to shine.
: blitz crank hook fires so slow that even fat characters can dodge his hook at half its range with just T 1 boots. If you have a tooth pick hit box character like most adcs and Mage supports u dont even need the boots. even better if u have mobility. Blitzcranks high cost long cooldown Q irks u ranged champions must just seem straight unfair.
Note: all champions have the same hitbox. It is the size of Teemo. It’s not that he’s too strong, but that he depends too much on whether he lands his hook or not. Land the hooks, and he’s a god; miss them, and he’s useless. It boils what could be an interesting and varied champion into a single skill shot.
: Blitz has 3 attempts to grab you at his lowest point. 270 Base Mana while his main ability always costs 100 Mana to use. Not to mention at base level it has a 20 second cooldown that can lower to a minimum of 8.7 seconds at max rank and 45% CDR. Blitz' main presence in lane comes from the ability to freak out his opponent with aggressive movement but missing a single hook can be detrimental and at times even cost a Blitz' his life during lane phase. It's not as bad as you think.
And that’s just the problem: the whole lane varies wildly with whether Blitz lands his hooks and which hooks he lands. Other Catcher Supports like Morgana, Rakan, or Leona offer more than single-target engage. Morgana can Black Shield and AOE Stun. Rakan can poke, heal, and AOE Charm. Leona can resist-amp and AOE Stun. Blitzcrank’s other abilities just chain after his grab. Blitzcrank’s other abilities largely just chain after his grab. Putting all of Blitzcrank’s power into that ability diminishes his design. He would be more fun to play as and against were his power budget more spread out.
: Then we have to ask the more pressing question. Why is {{item:3193}} Gargoyle Stoneplate not good enough?
It’s generally a 3rd item at the earliest because it offers no base HP to back up its resistances. By then, carries have their cores, and Stoneplate just keeps you alive long enough to engage or peel.
: %armor/MR would inevitably be too insane and scale too well with healing. %HP sounds nice though, so long as %HP abilities and items are kept in check at later levels.
Could you tell me more about that first part?
: Jarvan is angry, upset, and emotionally unstable for what I hope are obvious reasons at the moment. He also has a full-fledged insurrection on his hands perpetuated by a charismatic anarchist who in his eyes responded to loosening restrictions with attempted murder and public humiliation. It also seems (to me anyway) that the Mageseekers killed the previous king to keep their power (see Aftermath) and used the mage rebellion as a cover-up to simultaneously increase their own power. This is something that Jarvan probably sees, and is planning to play along for the moment if only to keep Demacia stable. Also, I'll note that while both are wrong, locking up kids indefinitely is not the same thing as butchering them in the streets.
Also remember that J4, for all his nicety, remains an autocrat. He, his upbringing, and the government around him are designed to exercise absolute power.
Comentários de Rioters
: On a recent episode of The Dive, they talked about how China's playerbase is easily 6x or more that of the entire western base combined. This is also the type of environment that Chinese players tend to enjoy. High damage, fast paced bloodbaths. It's really no wonder they have been ignoring us and trending the game even farther down this path. That's where the money is.
Before people said that about China, they said it about Korea.
: You don't understand that that tank items cost gold too. If one and half MR item + investing runes in AP is not enough to soak a rotation of a mage (which Tanks should counter) on a similar gold budget, then we go back to OP point: damage scales faster AND harder than defense. If we want to be specific, Nunu build couldn't be different. Cinderhulk is a must, and if the enemy is not full AP, dead man's plate is necessary too. The rest is rightful gold investment in MR, which is proven completely useless because again, damage > defense. To you that argue that an artillery mage rotation should remove 60% of hp of a tank, remember that that tank must also soak damage from DPS sources (which should counter tanks), from the frontline and maybe from the jungle. I.e. a tank must survive from multiple damage sources of both types. Arguing that a single source (that I add, should be sub-optimal on tanks) should almost do the job by itself, instantly on a burst, seems almost madness. PS: Maokai and Ornn are laughable, if you have doubts play them top against riven/Darius/Renekton etc. The others range from mediocre to good, but they're played for their damage, and not their tankiness. Check out the damage Shen/Malph does actually do after the buffs, it's quite crazy.
One rotation from Lux is Q, A, E, R, A and can be fired as a fast combo, but this Lux landed additional spells and followed them up with basic attacks to proc her passive over time: a mage hitting a tank with everything she has and then some should hurt.
Bultz (NA)
: Is thornmail ever going to actually have any fuckign affect against ranged adc?
Yeah. You have to get on top of the ADC and start beating on them, using Grievous Wounds and the passive to deny so much of their healing that your team can easily finish them.
: @RIOT, I think it's time we took a good look at Evelynn
O_o her thighs look as wide as her waist but are in the background.
Sirsir (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:25:55.159+0000) > > How can someone tell you to kill yourself if you have that person muted? Cuz you don't know you need to mute someone until they are toxic. And you don't have chat disabled overall because you want to TRY to be strategic.
> [{quoted}](name=Sirsir,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:31:34.508+0000) > > Cuz you don't know you need to mute someone until they are toxic. And you don't have chat disabled overall because you want to TRY to be strategic. tbh, I disabled chat, and it didn’t do anything but hide the flame. League feels nice.
: You are right though. I know, because i main Raka, and when i went from west to east, then it felt like i play as a master+ among the common. Ranked put me into silver bottom, or bronze. In like 2 weeks i reached gold, but man. In that time i won a lot of games. Made enemies cry with all those plays, and heals. Sure total braindead, and afkers are uncarriable, but hey. Those kind of players can't be carried by anything since tank rework. However now in gold2, and 1. I can see the enemies starting to counter. More, and more people buys heal reduction, and more and more people starts focusing me in teamfights. You can't do such to Yuumi. You can't focus her. Heal reduction helps, but not as much as against Raka. Since unlike Raka. Yuumi can heal tanks. The reason it is considered such a cancer champ is not her ability to protect adc. But her ability to work in synergy with juggernauts. What is the juggernauts' weakness? Mobility. What Yuumi does? Slows/root enemy, and gives speed. Technically erasing the juggernauts' primary weakness. Okay let's focus them? Oh wait they got some offtankiness, and with Yuumi they are even more tanky.
Oh, I see. She does to Juggs what regular enchanters do to ADCs but cannot be popped for it.
: So is every enchanter in the game. You can be the best Soraka, Janna, or Lulu in the world you not gona solo carry. You need someone worth protecting. The difference is, that most Enchanter are not tanky. They can't afford to rush in protecting the tank without risking a near instant death. The same heal/shield worths a lot less on an ADC, than a tank. Yuumi has no such limitation.
The best Raka, Janna, or Lulu world is also almost certainly a Masters+ player who could use just the fundamentals to force lane kills, get fed, and snowball their utility until it turned even bad plays into good ones.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Just let him loose with 1000 MS into the enemy team, straight from your fountain and watch him cut people in half and win games. GG EZ champ lol
{{champion:86}} + {{champion:117}} funnel / bot. {{item:3092}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3504}} {{item:3222}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3050}} Turbo Buzzsaw Garen
Exibir mais

Ifneth

Nível 145 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão