: hes a buff furry with daddy issues i dont really like him tbh
> [{quoted}](name=BandleBooty69,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nnvFT0Hl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T12:47:17.667+0000) > > hes a buff furry with daddy issues > i dont really like him tbh I agree. I wish they would have just made him full human and older more mature. He just seems edgy and the look and storyline don't really match the description they gave when teasing him. The part where he took over ownership of the pit really ruined it. The story would have had much more flavor and meaning without it, and the feathers on him just ruin the physical/character relationship.
: Sett is the most badass champion in the game hands-down
Sett's story is juvenile and poorly written. I don't even consider him top 20 "most badass". Not even close. Though his playstyle looks fun, but his storyline is honestly garbage and reads as if it was written by Christopher Paolini when he was 13.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Sett doesn't even have any damned interactions and for me, he lacks character. As far as I see (without any full lore or stories), he is just a Draven who uses his fists and have lost his father
> [{quoted}](name=FSRER,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xUPoImPQ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-12T15:04:15.816+0000) > > Sett doesn't even have any damned interactions and for me, he lacks character. As far as I see (without any full lore or stories), he is just a Draven who uses his fists and have lost his father Honestly they tried to give Sett tragedy and depth of story, but I read the lore and it's just more rushed garbage, a typical Riot product. Their lore just comes off as so edgy and juvenile in general. Plus, once you read the first paragraph of any champion lore, you generally know what's coming next.
: Sett doesn't have any quotes acknowledging Udyr, League's other (older) fist fighter.
Don't forget Braum. Braum's the real man, literally punched down a mountain. Makes Sett look week in lore. Also, Lee Sin.
: God Axe Draven
Actually, I clicked on this post thinking the idea was going to sound stupid like "hurr durr darius has a godking skin, why no draven??" Then I saw the art and yeah, it's actually pretty good and fitting i'd say.
: New juggernaut rumored to play like darius
Would like to also mention that Darius isn't even close to one of the most hated champs in league, and that he has arguably one of the most fair and highly counterplayable kits in the entire game that allows for almost ANY opponent to either out trade or play safe and scale up against him in terms of raw dueling or team fight potential. Heck, even for how fair he is in solo-Q, he's trash in pro.
: Only bad players complain about Darius prove me wrong. Darius has a small range of effectiveness that is limited to his E and if you stay out of his E range you can never die to him and if you dodge E you win every trade as he can't land Q. "But he has ghost" The simple solution to him ghosting on you is to not overextend.
> [{quoted}](name=LanceTheMighty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rA2goj9y,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-04T19:12:34.776+0000) > > Only bad players complain about Darius prove me wrong. > > Darius has a small range of effectiveness that is limited to his E and if you stay out of his E range you can never die to him and if you dodge E you win every trade as he can't land Q. "But he has ghost" The simple solution to him ghosting on you is to not overextend. Absolutely true tbh. And the sad truth is that, even against a lot of opponents who overextend, he can't necessarily run them down because many champs have either: lots of ranged CC or slows (zyra, lux, ez with gauntlet, annivia, etc) and darius is a nonmobile linear champ who uses ghost as a crutch, OR they have a lot better mobility IN-KIT which either allows them to double dash, jump over walls (he CAN'T chase without flash or blast cone), or simply out run (LB, tryn, zed, talon, kayn, aatrox (with ult he is faster than darius with ghost), yi, jax if he uses wards and/or allied minions and/or monsters), riven, akali, etc. This is also not taking into account the fact that he can't ESCAPE any of those champs without ghost (and some of them can run him down even if he has it) and that many of those champs can easily out duel darius at various points in the game. Honorable mention to champs like fiora who can chase darius all the way through ghost at mid game or later, and heavily outscales him in every way except for multi-target damage.
: I won't deny that Aatrox is currently kneecapped, but his damage is not at all terrible. If you land 1 Q, you should be able to land every other Q too. Beyond the damage, Aatrox's trading pattern is somewhat akin to Renekton's. If either hits you, odds are you won't be able to respond. W and E makes landing Q feasible. Imo, Aatrox's mechanical design is very good in regards to 1v1 BUT broken in regards to Teamfights. If his AoE Q is good enough to smash tanks, bruisers, and juggernuts in the top lane, it's certainly good enough to simultaneously delete MULTIPLE squishes during teamfights.
> [{quoted}](name=R0ses R Red,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ah41taEc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-02T07:23:34.827+0000) > > I won't deny that Aatrox is currently kneecapped, but his damage is not at all terrible. If you land 1 Q, you should be able to land every other Q too. Beyond the damage, Aatrox's trading pattern is somewhat akin to Renekton's. If either hits you, odds are you won't be able to respond. W and E makes landing Q feasible. > > Imo, Aatrox's mechanical design is very good in regards to 1v1 BUT broken in regards to Teamfights. If his AoE Q is good enough to smash tanks, bruisers, and juggernuts in the top lane, it's certainly good enough to simultaneously delete MULTIPLE squishes during teamfights. Agreed, in fact, it wasn't until after his numerous nerfs that I've been able to reasonably duel aatrox as Darius. Before, I could dodge Q1 and Q2, have GW on something like executioners, have some hp and some armor, and he'd still melt and explode me. He was basically uncounterplayable for anyone not named irelia or fiora or (possibly) urgot during laning phase. Imagine then, just how devastating he was if he landed the full combo. Now at least, if I manage to outplay him, I have a good chance of being rewarded. Before, if I outplayed him, HE GOT REWARDED. And if he didn't crush me, he'd just lay the trap and run until my bleed stacks went away, then come back and sustain back up on waves. He was essentially near impossible to punish for mistakes, bad trades, etc. Even now, his ult is entirely broken. I actually preferred when he had the revive, because now, he just goes into super sayan mode with INSANE MS BUFF and ZERO COOLDOWNS on Q along with INSANE HEALING BUFF, which means that essentially, you can't chase him if he's at a disadvantage. Literally, I've popped ghost as darius and aatrox would run away even though his dash and W trap were on cooldown. If he isn't at a disadvantage, he just proceeds to smash your face him with almost zero thought, because he knows that if he misses a Q or two or three, he'll have it back up instantly anyway, and his healing is so jacked that he can outsustain any damage besides fiora, vayne (who he oneshots anyway with a single rotation or less) yi, or insane focus fire from the enemy team. And...there is no escape. You can't even kite him in his ult form if you name is vayne, and that says a lot by itself. I've seen a fed vayne ult, tumble, AA 2 or 3 teams, then knock aatrox into a wall, continue to AA, then try to kite back, and during that time Aatrox just pops ult and proceeds to run her down like a dog, and smash her in 2-3 hits with his insane mobility and range (for a melee champ) and aoe CC. Now, I have no love or sympathy for vayne, absolute disgusting champ, but still, aatrox shouldn't be smashing duelists, juggernauts, tanks, and hyperscaling mobile kite adcs like vayne all at the same time. One time, I caught aatrox out in a dragon pit, and my jungler xin (and neither of us were fed, but we were doing ok, aatrox was slightly ahead at this point, but not "snowballed) and he proceeded to smash us both in about 3-4 seconds and left with 75% or more hp, even though as darius I had a solid build of hp, armor, and damage. That's pretty insane that by popping ult he basically becomes unfightable in any sense of the word. I'd much rather try fighting an illaoi in the middle of her ult. At least I know I can counter it by running away, even if it means I take a bunch of damage and have to back to fountain.
Boomer (OCE)
: Between presence of mind, manaflow band, and biscuit/time warp tonic...there are literally 3/5 trees that give access to mana regeneration in lane. It is ludicrous how little mana means to mages these days, unless you're Ryze (which is not even because of his mana costs, but because of how it's tied to his damage.)
> [{quoted}](name=Boomer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENg5udYp,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-12-02T13:39:10.698+0000) > > Between presence of mind, manaflow band, and biscuit/time warp tonic...there are literally 3/5 trees that give access to mana regeneration in lane. > > It is ludicrous how little mana means to mages these days, unless you're Ryze (which is not even because of his mana costs, but because of how it's tied to his damage.) Yeah, except that by taking mana regen or other mana bonus runes, you sacrifice other things like damage, utility, MS, healing, tenacity, magic shields, etc. In other words, energy champs and non-resource champs are at a severe advantage just in the rune tree alone by being able to focus on other advantages without needing to sacrifice resource management.
: That'd definitely be a nice change. It takes ages at times for mana to get back. I get why it has long delays early, but it should definitely take less time later in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENg5udYp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-02T08:34:24.586+0000) > > That'd definitely be a nice change. It takes ages at times for mana to get back. > > I get why it has long delays early, but it should definitely take less time later in the game. It certainly shouldn't be a disadvantage versus energy champs. The only champs that should have any advantage in fountain time whatsoever should be health or non-resource based champs.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RGafARcI,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-11-27T20:34:54.352+0000) > > Oh darn, hemomancer is way less fun than vampire, even if more rare in fiction. Like, I just want him to press R, transform into a bat, use confuse ray, and then leech life while his opponents hurt themselves. Is that too much to ask? Not gonna lie your description of the ability you'd really like Vlad to have sounds like Swains ulti. Maybe 1 day we'll see a count Swain skin that turns him into a bat when he ultis.
> [{quoted}](name=Iron Phantom,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RGafARcI,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-27T22:47:27.379+0000) > > Not gonna lie your description of the ability you'd really like Vlad to have sounds like Swains ulti. Maybe 1 day we'll see a count Swain skin that turns him into a bat when he ultis. Oh, I was thinking it sounded more like Zubat from Pocketmonsters
: > [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RGafARcI,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-11-27T16:05:20.142+0000) > > I'm just surprised that vlad doesn't even have the ability to turn into a bat yet. Like come on, what gives. Well to be fair he's not an actual Vampire, he's a Hemomancer basically meaning he has the power to manipulate blood, and due the power he kinda stole after killing his former master a darkin. The power of blood allowed him to alter his body and extend his life (main reason he has knife hands) Hopefully when he eventually gets a VU I'm hoping they do something interesting with his Count skin like when he uses pool he turns into a bat or something.
> [{quoted}](name=Iron Phantom,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RGafARcI,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-11-27T16:48:06.778+0000) > > Well to be fair he's not an actual Vampire, he's a Hemomancer basically meaning he has the power to manipulate blood, and due the power he kinda stole after killing his former master a darkin. The power of blood allowed him to alter his body and extend his life (main reason he has knife hands) > > Hopefully when he eventually gets a VU I'm hoping they do something interesting with his Count skin like when he uses pool he turns into a bat or something. Oh darn, hemomancer is way less fun than vampire, even if more rare in fiction. Like, I just want him to press R, transform into a bat, use confuse ray, and then leech life while his opponents hurt themselves. Is that too much to ask?
: Riot: Yeah we'd really like to develop Vlad's theme, lots of potential, maybe one day. Other games:
I'm just surprised that vlad doesn't even have the ability to turn into a bat yet. Like come on, what gives.
Sergej561 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-11-26T14:09:24.174+0000) > > You had it going well until midway through. If you apply your logic, then you can't have any fun or interesting or opinionated discussions going on the matter. It just makes you boring. I'm just saying what's grounded in facts, you can still have an opinionated discussion, with the example I used, subjectively you could say Garen would win due to having more elite training and possibly having a magic sword, but you could also say Darius would win because he has WAY more experience and isn't bound by "honor" and would be willing to do anything to win. My point being you can't objectively point out a winner between those two (and so many other equal champions) because they're so close in power levels, people are gonna be split on who would win, you can have a discussion sure, but you really can't point out a definitive winner that everyone can agree on. The same doesn't apply to, say Aurelion sol vs Darius, Asol just wipes him out and calls it a day, no one can argue with that.
> [{quoted}](name=Sergej561,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:04:36.769+0000) > > I'm just saying what's grounded in facts, you can still have an opinionated discussion, with the example I used, subjectively you could say Garen would win due to having more elite training and possibly having a magic sword, but you could also say Darius would win because he has WAY more experience and isn't bound by "honor" and would be willing to do anything to win. My point being you can't objectively point out a winner between those two (and so many other equal champions) because they're so close in power levels, people are gonna be split on who would win, you can have a discussion sure, but you really can't point out a definitive winner that everyone can agree on. The same doesn't apply to, say Aurelion sol vs Darius, Asol just wipes him out and calls it a day, no one can argue with that. Of course you can't point out a real winner. The main point of this is to show off fandom. It's not technically about being right. And in fact, since it's all fictional anyways, there really is nothing 'grounded in facts' as you might imply. There are certain obvious logical conclusions such as "jinx would destroy 99% of the melee roster in about 2 seconds" if it were real life. Well, provided that they directly confronted her. People like zed would have a fair shot at assassinating her. But the point is, nobody has these discussions based on absolute facts because....it's all just make believe.
: If someone is incredibly sexist is that considered Hate Speech or Verbal Abuse?
: I’m excuuuuuuuuse me sue, but {{champion:3}} is the all-might champion. Fake snide-ness aside ditto. I love the Juggernaut class of champions especially when they’re well designed with their strengths and weaknesses taken into account.
> [{quoted}](name=jocomotion,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NGgHEAXn,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-26T04:19:03.178+0000) > > I’m excuuuuuuuuse me sue, but {{champion:3}} is the all-might champion. > > Fake snide-ness aside ditto. I love the Juggernaut class of champions especially when they’re well designed with their strengths and weaknesses taken into account. My people <3
Gread Jr (NA)
: Broken Champions
Nearly everything you said is straightup wrong. First, jinx is also a very strong champ, or was at least, so you will get no sympathy points for that. Second, Darius is not a tank and is no where near unkillable...especially if you simply dodge his slow, very telegraphed, relatively low ranged, double counterplayable Q.... Third, Velkoz is not broken, and I say that as someone who mains darius, who gets stomped by vel. And decent assassin or diving bruiser or mobile adc absolutely destroys vel. And any mage with even better range is super safe, and any strong tank with high HP and decent resists can easily survive a vel combo and even CC him during ult to make him near useless. He has lots of counterplay. Fourthly and last, this is the only one that you were partially correct on. Pyke is indeed a pos champ, but he is no tank lmao. Not even one of the tankiest. He certainly has a busted kit that covers and makes up for his squishiness, but he is no tank. If he is CC'd and bursted, he will die if he's not massively ahead, especially late game when the other team has caught up in build. A real tank won't die near as easily when caught. Pyke's problem is his stupid ult, insane mobility to make plays even when he messes up, to escape easily when caught, his strong and virtually guaranteed CC, and his insane regen when out of vision. THOSE ARE HIS PROBLEMS. HE IS NOT A TANK lmao.
ßluę (NA)
: So are we just not gonna talk about New Red and Blue Buffs?
I personally like the new buffs visuals more, and I have no trouble seeing them.
: Why is this character so hard to like?
I guess I dislike her for some of the same reasons that I dislike forgettable whats-her-face from the new star wars saga. Too perfect, all about political feminism instead of about the story. There to look men look bad or dumb and women look perfect and independent, instead of actually advancing the storyline in a meaningful way, as others have stated. Just another political and ideological posturing used in entertainment in such a way as to be distasteful and off-putting.
Boomer (OCE)
: I haven't downvoted anyone here. Couldn't tell you why other people have downvoted his reply.
> [{quoted}](name=Boomer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jdz0LcrQ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-26T14:13:21.693+0000) > > I haven't downvoted anyone here. Couldn't tell you why other people have downvoted his reply. Oh my bad, sorry dude.
: Exactly. Most people that complain "HE SCALES!!! HE HEAL AND DO DAMAGE!!"...They don't really punish his early game. On pretty much any melee, if you buy boots+phage, he isn't even allowed to approach the minion wave anymore, especially since he normally goes magical footwear, which means 330 MS for him til 12 minutes. He's then forced to wait for it to crash into his tower. If you freeze the wave, he's fucked because he has no waveclear until protobelt. But most people get impatient and push into him, letting him get exp and gold. And people seem to act like Vlad has some massive sustain, though he has anything but pre-9. Fucking corrupting pot champions have more sustain than Vlad. You'll never see a Vlad out-sustain an Irelia. She has to int to lose. ___________ I don't get how Vlad is any more bullshit to play against than Ekko, Eve, or any other AP (or even AD) assassin, considering he has no mobility, stealth, or utility of any form. You see and can predict everything he's going to do because its literally spelled out in his animations.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxmAKV7Z,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T18:55:50.700+0000) > > Exactly. Most people that complain "HE SCALES!!! HE HEAL AND DO DAMAGE!!"...They don't really punish his early game. > > On pretty much any melee, if you buy boots+phage, he isn't even allowed to approach the minion wave anymore, especially since he normally goes magical footwear, which means 330 MS for him til 12 minutes. He's then forced to wait for it to crash into his tower. If you freeze the wave, he's fucked because he has no waveclear until protobelt. But most people get impatient and push into him, letting him get exp and gold. > > And people seem to act like Vlad has some massive sustain, though he has anything but pre-9. Fucking corrupting pot champions have more sustain than Vlad. You'll never see a Vlad out-sustain an Irelia. She has to int to lose. > > ___________ > > I don't get how Vlad is any more bullshit to play against than Ekko, Eve, or any other AP (or even AD) assassin, considering he has no mobility, stealth, or utility of any form. You see and can predict everything he's going to do because its literally spelled out in his animations. Vlad is 10x more fair than ekko or eve. Eve one shotting full tanks from stealth is unfair. Ekko having a wide AOE stun zone that gives him a shield and slows, plus stuns for over 2 seconds if caught in it with him, is unfair. Ekko having a TARGETED BLINK after a dash...is OP. Ekko having a fricken revive (or near equivalent) that is near impossible for the enemy to keep track of during a fight, which also deals massive damage...is OP. Vlad having a slight speed boost on his invulnerability...is not OP. That's literally his strongest single ability mechanic, and it is super easy to account for. Sure, vlad might go ghost and protobelt and be able to move during it, and it's still not as cancer as something like fizzes untargetable, invulnerable hop, or yasuo's or irelias million dashes. People are just salty. If had to lane against vlad everygame rather than someone stupid and broken like akali, i'd be happy. And you're basically right, Vlad's healing isn't even that great until later in the game. It's so easy to all in him early, and even late game, he can easily be dps and even OUTSUSTAINED by many duelists and hyperscaling ADCs who have like...one lifesteal item.
Sergej561 (EUNE)
: None of the champions you mentioned would be "badass" because 99.999999% of the cast would be wiped out if Asol sneezed at their direction (ironically Zoe has a better chance of surviving that than any other humanoid, she's the most powerful aspect by far). You can't slap all the champions in a singular arena and expect it to be fair, the champions have their own power levels in the lore, there are champs that are near gods and then you have normal humans. If you also divide them into classes (Human vs Human, Aspect vs Aspect etc etc.) things get even more messy since in general champions of a similar power level are equals and a fight between them could go either way. You can't accurately predict who would win in a fight between Garen vs Darius for example, since there are 1000 scenarios for that fight that could end in any way. And then there's the concept of Kindred which just makes the whole thing extremely messy...
> [{quoted}](name=Sergej561,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-25T21:08:30.886+0000) > > None of the champions you mentioned would be "badass" because 99.999999% of the cast would be wiped out if Asol sneezed at their direction (ironically Zoe has a better chance of surviving that than any other humanoid, she's the most powerful aspect by far). You can't slap all the champions in a singular arena and expect it to be fair, the champions have their own power levels in the lore, there are champs that are near gods and then you have normal humans. If you also divide them into classes (Human vs Human, Aspect vs Aspect etc etc.) things get even more messy since in general champions of a similar power level are equals and a fight between them could go either way. You can't accurately predict who would win in a fight between Garen vs Darius for example, since there are 1000 scenarios for that fight that could end in any way. And then there's the concept of Kindred which just makes the whole thing extremely messy... You had it going well until midway through. If you apply your logic, then you can't have any fun or interesting or opinionated discussions going on the matter. It just makes you boring.
: So the tournament would look something like this then? Ranged vs Ranged, Melee vs Melee, Mage vs Mage, Titan vs Titan, Celestial vs Celestial. Top two of each team face off in an all out battle and the last team standing would be the winners? I think we all would like to see a cool match like that.
> [{quoted}](name=CominTowardsYa,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bIZ7KNEr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-25T17:57:35.806+0000) > > So the tournament would look something like this then? > > Ranged vs Ranged, Melee vs Melee, Mage vs Mage, Titan vs Titan, Celestial vs Celestial. > > Top two of each team face off in an all out battle and the last team standing would be the winners? > > I think we all would like to see a cool match like that. Oh yeah for sure, because then the discussion would get real. When you want to say "I think darius is the best fighter," but then someone just comes back with "he wouldn't even stand a chance against azir or syndra or Asol," it just shuts down the conversation and the fun of it.
Boomer (OCE)
: Hm. You might be right. Regardless, I maintain my stance. I'd prefer the damage to be nerfed or removed over the sustain. It lets team fights and trades last longer, which is way more satisfying than the last few seasons. I'm actually enjoying the game again to a degree because champions feel more tanky. Even been playing some SR draft for the first time in years on other accounts. I might even play some ranked next season if this keeps up.
> [{quoted}](name=Boomer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jdz0LcrQ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T11:36:28.547+0000) > > Hm. You might be right. > > Regardless, I maintain my stance. I'd prefer the damage to be nerfed or removed over the sustain. > > It lets team fights and trades last longer, which is way more satisfying than the last few seasons. > > I'm actually enjoying the game again to a degree because champions feel more tanky. Even been playing some SR draft for the first time in years on other accounts. I might even play some ranked next season if this keeps up. You realize the mages will still be oppressive right? They are the ones abusing this rune and virtually no one else. They get WAY more healing from this rune than most of the champs you mentioned. And if I'm being honestly, I hope they don't nerf either component of the rune. Rather, they need to HEAVILY nerf it for all ranged champs not named urgot, so that champs like ryze, cass, brand, etc, can't use it, nor any adcs, if any are abusing it. Just removing the damage won't fix the issue, instead, you'd just make the rune even more relatively broken compared to the bruisers for which it is truly intended.
Jamaree (NA)
: I think the healing is why it is most picked, not the damage though.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jdz0LcrQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-26T11:22:57.069+0000) > > I think the healing is why it is most picked, not the damage though. You're definitely right, so I'm not sure why they're downvoting other than the fact that your point completely negates their point. For instance, I take conqueror on brand now, but not for the bonus AP, which is nice, but rather, I take it for the healing.
: Has there been a best Champion competition yet?
Yeah I honestly don't indulge in this conversation in the conventional way. Like many say, the power levels for some champs are on entirely different levels. And even then, say darius versus jinx. Darius is way more badass and stronger, but she has a literal minigun and there's nothing he'd do to beat her in a realistic and safe fight. It's like saying, who would win, a Roman legion or a U.S. Marines platoon, or something to that effect. The Romans were top of the dog pile their region of the world for a long time. You might argue that the Romans were more dominant due to their relative spread and longevity and power in relation to those around them as compared to the U.S., yet, we all know who would win in an all out war between a modern army, and an ancient power. The other thing to consider are the power level escalation. Asol, as the others say, plays with galaxies. I mean, I could pull something out of my behind too and make an idea of something absurdly power (but less than a true god), but that's just silly. In terms of REALISTIC fighters that are not 100% fictional in concept. Sure, you don't find fighters as big as darius or sion realistically, and no women, not even a strong one, could tote around a minigun or a gun the size of Senna's with any viability, much less, ease. Nonetheless, those champs are at least close to reality and champs like zoe and Asol are completely imagination. And I mean, there's no shame in not wanting to compare something like darius to Aatrox or Asol, because they are just silly power escalations. So the best way to ask this is, who is the best non-magically melee fighter? Who's the best gunner? Who's the best demi-god or mage?
Lovelle (NA)
: As long as it's fast, and doesn't directly benefit ranged/poke champs, I would be down for it. As a juggernaut main, I'm just frustrated that the one map they're actually good on is now gone.
> [{quoted}](name=Lovelle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ARR1Khyn,comment-id=000c00000001,timestamp=2019-11-21T21:47:22.435+0000) > > As long as it's fast, and doesn't directly benefit ranged/poke champs, I would be down for it. As a juggernaut main, I'm just frustrated that the one map they're actually good on is now gone. Agreed dude
: Key point right there: SoS is gone. The Renekton god days are over until Riot does what they've always done (never read the top lane situation ever and keep band aiding shit instead of taking a preseason to fix the lane that has the most toxic matchups period) and buff him for no reason like they did Riven.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o5fjEiwU,comment-id=000000010001000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T03:16:55.220+0000) > > Key point right there: SoS is gone. The Renekton god days are over until Riot does what they've always done (never read the top lane situation ever and keep band aiding shit instead of taking a preseason to fix the lane that has the most toxic matchups period) and buff him for no reason like they did Riven. Yeah, and even jax's urf mode helicoptering days are done (thank goodness). But true, he'll probably get a buff. Nonetheless, I'd rather fight a renekton almost any day than a riven or aatrox even though he's been heavily nerfed. Pre-nerfs aatrox was basically unkillable, unkitable, and just had needlessly insane amounts of everything. On a side note, everyone's complaining about cass and ryze with conqueror, but they should try brand too. Combine it with ravenous hunter, and heck, I even go gunblade now, and brand's healing just goes through the roof in teamfights so much that it's insane. Definitely not fair though and definitely needs to be nerfed on ranged champs.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxmAKV7Z,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T07:02:34.153+0000) > > You think a revive on a toplane diver with significant sustain and generally safe playstyle is a good idea? > > Imagine Vlad getting a revive instead of ult heal and remind yourself why its a very bad idea. > > > As far as Galio goes, look at why Annie got played and then gutted over the years and remind me why a champ with absurd base damage and Ratios deserves to do the same thing as her on a much shorter CD whilst having mobility, on top of 1.6 sec downtime massive damage reduction. > > Galio deserved all the nerfs he got. You're lucky they're letting him be a successful battlemage at this point. > > > ---------------------- > > Also, Vlad being unhealthy for the game has nothing to do with those champs, and matters very little when the entire game is unhealthy now. Damn imagined being pressed about a revive and a taunt when playing a champion that doesn't use mana, has ridiculous scaling and ap ratios, can frequently go invincible, has built in spell vamp, an aoe ult that and 100-0 just about any tank/bruiser except ones specifically designed to negate magic damage, synergies so well with the new runes and can full full on offense and while never having to worry about being punished, can easily and consistently get 150K healing in a 30 minute game on average, and deal just as much equally, while still have an above 50% win rate on average against all champions that are supposed to hard counter him, and is so ridiculous Akali and Garen get bullied out by easy. Couldn't be me. https://i.imgur.com/aTovjrw.gif[]
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxmAKV7Z,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T07:48:38.399+0000) > > Damn imagined being pressed about a revive and a taunt when playing a champion that doesn't use mana, has ridiculous scaling and ap ratios, can frequently go invincible, has built in spell vamp, an aoe ult that and 100-0 just about any tank/bruiser except ones specifically designed to negate magic damage, synergies so well with the new runes and can full full on offense and while never having to worry about being punished, can easily and consistently get 150K healing in a 30 minute game on average, and deal just as much equally, while still have an above 50% win rate on average against all champions that are supposed to hard counter him, and is so ridiculous Akali and Garen get bullied out by easy. Couldn't be me. > > https://i.imgur.com/aTovjrw.gif[] Look, I'm just going to say it, maybe it's just because I'm a dar main, but I don't have too many issues with vlad. And what's this about bruisers and tanks being oneshot by vlads ult lmao! Vlad can't oneshot a real tank even with his full combo, and his AP scalings are neither great (as you say) nor bad. As a darius/juggernaut main, I have no problems with vlad oneshotting me except if I'm an idiot and refuse to buy ANY magic resists. The thing with vlad is, if he kites me, he wins, if I stop him from kiting, I win. So as a nonbiased NON-VLAD player, I'm calling some BS here. healing 150k and dealing that much damage in a 30 min match? Dude, you only hurt your credibility and general reputation when you lie that horribly. Like, you didn't even exaggerate, you straight up lied. I've NEVER seen ANY CHAMP EVER get 150k damage in ANY LENGTH OF GAME. And even in long matches, I've RARELY SEEN a vlad get up to even 70 or 80 k damage, and in those instances, that's at LEAST a 35-40 minute game with a ridiculously good vlad. I honestly don't understand all the hate for vlad. Since I to play a champ that many people hate based on personal distaste (because darius is objectively one of the most balanced champs in the game, but nobody likes getting dunked on), I'm going to just go out here and call out all the salt on vlad. Vlad is a healthy champ. There, I said it, and all the hate is just a bunch of bs. Vlad's early sucks. He's good for like lvls 1-2 when his lane opponent lacks full engage/combo/cc. At level 3, they gain a massive advantage against him as long as they use their brain to account for his pool. You know what I do? I bait his phase rush (because he hits like a wet noodle early and I can easily take his damage), then, wait for it....I run straight at him. That's it. Oh but he has pool? Well, it's ok, because I W'd him to slow him either just as he pooled (to slow his escape), or I did it before that and ran around him. Then, I simply wait til pool is over, and if he is getting out of range I....pull him. Done. Dunked. Dead. Wow, so hard. You people act like vlad is a problem, he's not, there are many champs than can counterplay him, especially early, and it actually takes a long time for vlads damage to completely turn on. Unlike yi or ryze, supposed late game champs, vlad actually needs more than two or three items to become strong. You know, when people knock on pyke, yasuo, or akali, I don't feel bad for their mains because those champs truly ruin the game, but I feel bad for mains of champs like vlad who constantly get knocked on. As an immobile melee, I can think of way worse and ranged matchups to go into, like vayne, jayce, quin, teemo and quin isn't even that bad, neither is jayce if you just play safe, but still, they're worse to fight against than vlad.
GilxeN (EUW)
: Dragon Soul execute
Even if the bug on Caitlyn gets fixed, this new elder buff mechanic is pure toxicity.
Tentaku (EUNE)
: When I get pushed out of lane by an immortal lane bully, what do I care if it is nearly unkillable {{champion:13}} with 600 range pushing me out, or actually unkillable {{champion:58}} with 900 range dash oneshoting me? Frankly, I prefer the former.
> [{quoted}](name=Tentaku,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o5fjEiwU,comment-id=0000000100010001,timestamp=2019-11-21T16:08:28.028+0000) > > When I get pushed out of lane by an immortal lane bully, what do I care if it is nearly unkillable {{champion:13}} with 600 range pushing me out, or actually unkillable {{champion:58}} with 900 range dash oneshoting me? > > Frankly, I prefer the former. Bullshit. If you bait out renekton dash then at least you know you're safe for a while. AND, renekton DOES NOT SCALE LIKE RYZE. Especially now that they finally removed SoS.
: Or, hear me out, put a range penalty on it. Make it give less adaptive to ranged, and make it heal less for ranged. This was to be a keystone for melee users who were left without a keystone. Why should ADCs and Mages get gifted another keystone?
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o5fjEiwU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-21T00:58:06.915+0000) > > Or, hear me out, put a range penalty on it. Make it give less adaptive to ranged, and make it heal less for ranged. This was to be a keystone for melee users who were left without a keystone. Why should ADCs and Mages get gifted another keystone? Abso-frickenlutely agree. This is getting to be such bs. ranged adcs and mages already have a metric frickton of viable runes. This is such garbage. Yesterday I was even introduced to the cancerrr of singed being able to viably use conqueror for some insane damage and sustain boosts.
: Blink And You'll Miss It: Elder Drake Buff is Toxic To Gameplay
As long as elder execute exists, along with sanguine blade in its current state, and air dragon ultimate cooldown buffs, I don't want to play this game at all. It's sad too, because the terrain changes they've made from alcoves and drag changes are really cool, but this other BS is not.
: > [{quoted}](name=OKIDJ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cRXuktgN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-20T00:28:43.624+0000) > > Happy {{champion:266}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:9}} day! No poppy
> [{quoted}](name=Toxicate13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cRXuktgN,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-11-20T00:49:34.006+0000) > > No poppy You missed Illaoi lmao
: That's your argument? Just denying that something exists? No explanation or anything? The lag compensation on his E is extremely noticeable on some champs, and frankly unfair. You denying it doesn't stop it from existing.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=00030001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T14:55:37.293+0000) > > That's your argument? Just denying that something exists? No explanation or anything? > > The lag compensation on his E is extremely noticeable on some champs, and frankly unfair. You denying it doesn't stop it from existing. And WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT DUDE? You're making a claim with literally ZERO evidence to back it up. Where has Riot stated that he has lag compensation, where is the video evidence? Oh wait, you have nothing. In fact, I remember you, or someone like you, making a discussion post about this very thing on darius. You, or the other person, if in fact it was not you, posted a video making your claims. And the funny thing is, in that video, it proved you absolutely WRONG. Everyone that read that discussion and commented agreed that the OP's claims were WRONG. It DID NOT prove that darius pulls untargetable or out-of-range opponents. It merely proved that the person being pulled was in range of darius's hook AT THE TIME OF ACTIVATION.
: He doesn't pull anyone at the time of cast considering it has a cast delay... Its the fact that you can vlad pool or dash far out of range during that cast delay and still get hooked is beyond stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-11-20T14:58:00.726+0000) > > He doesn't pull anyone at the time of cast considering it has a cast delay... > > Its the fact that you can vlad pool or dash far out of range during that cast delay and still get hooked is beyond stupid. I'm referring to when THE PULL ACTIVATES. NOT, when darius press E. I'm well away of the cast delay. And no, what you're talking about doesn't happen, unless it's a bug. I've literally NEVER pulled a target that was untargetable at the time of the pull. So much bull. If you want to support your argument, you need to show video evidence or be quiet, because after many years of experience on Darius, I have literally never seen that happen. Because by the way, the ANIMATION takes longer than the actual pulling ACTION. If you are in the pull zone in a targetable state at the beginning of the ACTION after the CAST DELAY, then you WILL BE PULLED NOT MATTER HOW FAR YOU FLASH OR DASH AWAY during the animation time, which is rather slow and, as I just stated, takes longer than the actual pulling action.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >It only took riot 10 years, but they finally made a hyper attractive male champion. Uhhh... Jayce? Sylas? Kayn? Graves? Lucian?
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Aq26ztAp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-20T06:28:37.443+0000) > > Uhhh... > > Jayce? Sylas? Kayn? Graves? Lucian? The OP is probably a 16 yr old Instagram hooked girl obsessed with things such as keeping up with the Kardashians and reading the tabloids.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Aq26ztAp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-20T04:46:04.376+0000) > > So tell me then, which part of Runeterra isn't supposed to be based on Asia? Cause Aphelios, despite his REALLY GRECIAN NAME, looks hella Asian. Boys in eyeliner =/= Asian. EDIT: Also all boys should wear eyeliner it makes them look way better.
> [{quoted}](name=Odyssey Sona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Aq26ztAp,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-20T04:47:05.847+0000) > > Boys in eyeliner =/= Asian. > > EDIT: Also all boys should wear eyeliner it makes them look way better. No, it's unmanly. Don't advocate to feminize men unless you want to destroy the human species. This is wrong.
: Luckily, they put Sanguine Blade in the game, so now AA'ers are the only true splitpusher - yay! I don't particularly like Hashinshin, but he's on point when he said this item is pure shit, and is gonna fuck any splitpushing bruiser who can't use it. I mean, it's gonna be fucking hard to duel any Sanguine Blade user...
> [{quoted}](name=Princess Bunhead,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-20T14:34:24.112+0000) > > Luckily, they put Sanguine Blade in the game, so now AA'ers are the only true splitpusher - yay! I don't particularly like Hashinshin, but he's on point when he said this item is pure shit, and is gonna fuck any splitpushing bruiser who can't use it. I mean, it's gonna be fucking hard to duel any Sanguine Blade user... The bonus AS on that item is absolutely insane, and it's basically ready for every fight. Imagine nocturne using it......you won't even be done with the fear before he deletes you, even if you're beefy like a tank or juggernaut
: I mean, the lag compensation on his E makes him pretty braindead and unbalanced in a lot of cases. It lets him hook champions that are massively out of range, used flash, or are even untargetable.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=000300010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-20T14:21:36.689+0000) > > I mean, the lag compensation on his E makes him pretty braindead and unbalanced in a lot of cases. > > It lets him hook champions that are massively out of range, used flash, or are even untargetable. You literally don't know what you're talking about. Stop spreading this lie.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jennifer17,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T12:27:47.226+0000) > > animation cancel means you cancel the animation. to cancel something it has to start first. > > also wow youre friendly lol. And yes it HAS to start first whats your point? You cant cancel Darius Q, only his W by hitting W and Q really fast you will hit your W and your Q almost at the same time while u can only see the Q animation. I'am friendly but i just cant stand people like you that keep calling Darius unbalanced and braindead or point out shit that don't exist. One bug fix got fixed today which was his W going through Teemo's blind if it CRITS which was Rarely if EVER seen in a ranked game where it actually matters.
> [{quoted}](name=Brown Man Darius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=00030001000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-20T13:19:58.655+0000) > > And yes it HAS to start first whats your point? You cant cancel Darius Q, only his W by hitting W and Q really fast you will hit your W > and your Q almost at the same time while u can only see the Q animation. I'am friendly but i just cant stand people like you that keep calling Darius unbalanced and braindead or point out shit that don't exist. One bug fix got fixed today which was his W going through Teemo's blind if it CRITS which was Rarely if EVER seen in a ranked game where it actually matters. Completely true, not sure if the other guy has any clue what he's saying. you STILL SEE THE Q ANIMATION. It just cancels the W animation.
: animation cancel means you cancel the animation. to cancel something it has to start first. also wow youre friendly lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer17,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T12:27:47.226+0000) > > animation cancel means you cancel the animation. to cancel something it has to start first. > > also wow youre friendly lol. There is no principal that states that, and yes, you do start it as darius. And if you remove his animation cancel, then REMOVE ALL ANIMATION CANCELS. His isn't even anywhere near the strongest of the bunch.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Brown Man Darius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-11-20T12:23:09.331+0000) > > Thats called Animation Cancelling in case your dumbass doesnt know. As an example rengar can animation cancel 4 abilities while in the air and riven can animation cancel most of her abilities as well if not all of them! Exactly, I wasn't as blunt as you, but sometimes you need to be.
: darius needs several bug fixes. he can cast w and q at the same time which results in him just doing the w animation. you dont even see the q animation.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer17,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-11-20T08:03:04.192+0000) > > darius needs several bug fixes. he can cast w and q at the same time which results in him just doing the w animation. you dont even see the q animation. It's not a bug, it's an animation cancel. If you think that's bad, just look at riven.....
: Why don't they just make an item which gives increased armor pent to enemy turrets. Or even make it where you take reduce damage from turret shots/ you act as a minion would when near a turret.
> [{quoted}](name=Fuhrer Usagi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T07:58:29.008+0000) > > Why don't they just make an item which gives increased armor pent to enemy turrets. > > Or even make it where you take reduce damage from turret shots/ you act as a minion would when near a turret. that would be broken. Besides, can you imagine yi or tryn taking that? No thank you
: Remove Darius' lag compensation and I'll be accepting of buffs to him. Its pretty fucking stupid that he can hook people who are far out of range or even untargetable.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-20T04:25:07.903+0000) > > Remove Darius' lag compensation and I'll be accepting of buffs to him. > > Its pretty fucking stupid that he can hook people who are far out of range or even untargetable. Oh, and he doesn't pull anyone who is untargetable at the time of cast.
: Remove Darius' lag compensation and I'll be accepting of buffs to him. Its pretty fucking stupid that he can hook people who are far out of range or even untargetable.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x53y9G8y,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-20T04:25:07.903+0000) > > Remove Darius' lag compensation and I'll be accepting of buffs to him. > > Its pretty fucking stupid that he can hook people who are far out of range or even untargetable. That's not a thing. Stop making that up. Darius pulls anyone who was in range at the time the pull activates, regardless of the fact that they may have dashed out of range by the time the animation goes off. On top of that, he doesn't pull people from out of range, you're making that up. He has a pull range of 535 and that's it.
Lovelle (NA)
: Pretty much putting LoL on hiatus until a mode similar to TT/Ascension/Dominion comes back.
> [{quoted}](name=Lovelle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ARR1Khyn,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-11-20T13:52:48.848+0000) > > Pretty much putting LoL on hiatus until a mode similar to TT/Ascension/Dominion comes back. Somebody above suggested a 3v3v3, which actually sounds super fun. I think it would be cool if it were (whether 3v3 or 3v3v3) a map with similar length to TT, with 2 major lanes as well, but more tunneling in the center and off to the sides. It would also be neat if they had a winter Bazaar town type them, but I dunno, might just be feeling that way because Christmas is just around the corner lol. But imagine a winter bazaar, champs fighting in the streets, and people playing their winter and Christmas skins like a literal snowball fight. That'd be fun
: what about a 3v3v3? That could be interesting
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Zeta 1313,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ARR1Khyn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-20T04:17:00.221+0000) > > what about a 3v3v3? That could be interesting Oh that would be neat
: Give Darius R reset-indicator like Pyke R has
As a darius main, I don't really want him to get the indicator, but rather remove it from pyke. Although I agree, if someone like pyke gets it, a champ with far fewer tools such as darius ought to get the indicator as well for consistency and fairness sake.
Exibir mais

ImTheJuggernauty

Nível 56 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão