: My issue with Vastaya: too many of them are human looking. i dont mind full humans like Darius as they are cool. But having a human with wierd animal legs/ears is just odd to me and reminds me of anime too much. It doesn't look remotely cool. I prefer fully animalistic champions like Rengar, Nami (since shes a fish), Neeko is one of the worst. I mean she is a gecko/chameleon but with a human face which is weird. She should have just been given a normal chameleon head. IMHO full animal is always better than mixed (not including speaking or walking on two legs like rengar). More beast/animal champs is whats needed instead of random anime freaks.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IcXbMP0l,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2020-01-07T20:42:09.365+0000) > > My issue with Vastaya: too many of them are human looking. i dont mind full humans like Darius as they are cool. But having a human with wierd animal legs/ears is just odd to me and reminds me of anime too much. It doesn't look remotely cool. I prefer fully animalistic champions like Rengar, Nami (since shes a fish), Neeko is one of the worst. I mean she is a gecko/chameleon but with a human face which is weird. She should have just been given a normal chameleon head. IMHO full animal is always better than mixed (not including speaking or walking on two legs like rengar). More beast/animal champs is whats needed instead of random anime freaks. THANK YOU! These new "vastayah" are furry fetish anime abominations, at this point just stop even having lore, because it is just getting embarrassing.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=I08hPdmT,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-25T22:53:22.175+0000) > > considering it's on every continent, and I'd wager 2% of that is bot accounts people are selling, and they lost 1.2b in revenue in two years.... And yet here we all are still playing said game that is apparently shit and gone down hill and not worth playing anymore, I will just never understand the mindset of “this thing is bad, but I’m going to keep supporting it.” Is all
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=I08hPdmT,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-25T22:56:27.043+0000) > > And yet here we all are still playing said game that is apparently shit and gone down hill and not worth playing anymore, I will just never understand the mindset of “this thing is bad, but I’m going to keep supporting it.” Is all No actually plenty of people are quitting, and when the finite resource that is new players starts running dry, the game will just collapse (Just taking a while due to their successful global marketing, A.K.A. LCS). You can only keep your hands in someone's pocket for so long. Even if at one point you did produce a great product, a restaurant can give me 100 good meals but the second time I get a bad meal I am NEVER going back.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9XwPaRrb,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-27T07:26:25.693+0000) > > So wait, Riot Games is expected to hold the same standards as Blizzard? > > The same Blizzard who I hear most of the gaming community complain about being greedy, the one that's tied to Activision that has lines of carbon copy reprint games at a full 60$ price yearly? The same one who I regularly hear from old WoW players about how they hate changes made to the game? The same one that banned a ton of people criticizing them over the Blitzchung situation because they care about Chinese money more than players? > > If you genuinely think that, that reflects very poorly on Riot lol It's not just Blizzard. It's in a lot of terms of service, regardless of who gives them. Also Riot is no longer a small indie company. They big boys now.
> [{quoted}](name=Dreamspitter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9XwPaRrb,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-27T08:15:33.603+0000) > > It's not just Blizzard. It's in a lot of terms of service, regardless of who gives them. > > Also Riot is no longer a small indie company. > > They big boys now. In the modern world, it is viewed as alright to step on everyone's heads as long as you make some money doing it. As long as scammers run the world this is the way it will be. Then people who want to step on others for gain will praise the largest scammers, because this is what they aspire too. We, humanity, have never really advanced past feudalism, no matter how much the overlords and serfs assure us we have.
: Thoughts on matchmaking
Ranks mean nothing, SECRET MMR that is never disclosed determines who is in what game. What could possibly go wrong ??? :D They have it this way so it is more of a grind, for everyone, high rank, smurf, or low rank. Frankly they just use the queue time excuse to validate poor matchmaking.. and it got old a few seasons ago.
: [Here is a clip from Yassuo that shows the fucked up ranking](https://www.twitch.tv/yassuo/clip/ImpartialCulturedDragonflyPanicBasket) - It ends 30 seconds in, the second half is some sort of meme. People were gaining 25+ and losing around 10, and people heavily abused it gaining a LOT with 50% or less winrates.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Shift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T21:18:13.742+0000) > > [Here is a clip from Yassuo that shows the fucked up ranking](https://www.twitch.tv/yassuo/clip/ImpartialCulturedDragonflyPanicBasket) - It ends 30 seconds in, the second half is some sort of meme. > > People were gaining 25+ and losing around 10, and people heavily abused it gaining a LOT with 50% or less winrates. Wow seems that I should have played in season 8, for that free LP xD, this definitely did not help ranked inflation problems. Also probably compounded the Season 9 positional ranked trading problems I explained in reply to your first post. Further inflating people who already did not deserve their MMR to even higher levels.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaguar Påw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T20:49:22.134+0000) > > So if Riot's PR team gives a response to a PR inquiry, it is pretty obvious that those are the "official numbers." At that point not calling it "official" is just splitting hairs. Unless of course you are saying their PR team is giving out unofficial or false numbers upon inquiry, during interviews, etc, even though they are a officially part of Riot. Just because Riot does not post a number to their website does not mean we have not ever heard an official count. It seems using the word "posted" has created a problem with the understanding of what I was communicating. My point is, how many articles have you seen on it recently? People aren't asking Riot PR for it, so Riot PR isn't providing it. I'm not saying those aren't the official numbers, I'm saying that they don't post them on an official website. They give official numbers to third-parties, but they never just randomly decide "yo let's post them lol". You're claiming the reason we haven't heard one recently is because it's going down - where in reality it's that the "news" (mainly kotaku and other shitty sites) keep quoting the old numbers instead of asking Riot for new numbers.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T21:04:41.148+0000) > > My point is, how many articles have you seen on it recently? People aren't asking Riot PR for it, so Riot PR isn't providing it. I'm not saying those aren't the official numbers, I'm saying that they don't post them on an official website. They give official numbers to third-parties, but they never just randomly decide "yo let's post them lol". > > You're claiming the reason we haven't heard one recently is because it's going down - where in reality it's that the "news" (mainly kotaku and other shitty sites) keep quoting the old numbers instead of asking Riot for new numbers. Fair enough I see your point, not everything I have said has concrete absolute evidence. Just alerting that there are entities (in tandem with some huge companies) at the very minimum researching and developing types of stilted matchmaking. Do I know exactly who is applying it and where? No... but I have been playing this game and others for quite a while. I among quite a lot of other people from many demographics, while anecdotal, have noticed some fishy things going on in online PVP matching (not just in League). Just trying to put some ideas out there as to what's going on. Like you said before your assumption cannot be proven wrong and neither can mine without concrete evidence. But the first step towards a solution is trying to identify the source of the problem(s). Concrete evidence cannot be found if no one ever looks or knows where to start looking.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaguar Påw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-21T20:16:27.567+0000) > > Any company has plenty of motivation to post a growing player count or popularity, but if the player count or popularity goes down they most likely will not show data indicative of that, pretty self explanatory business practice. A company does not want anyone who is wondering whether or not problems in the game exist to see a decline in player count because in many of their minds it validates their fears that other people feel the same problems they do. That results in less growth and less player retention. Riot at one point posted active player counts at least once a year and now we have not seen one in years. Now I may not be able to prove the exact reason why they stopped, but reasonable deduction leads me to believe it is because it isn't seeing the same levels of growth, and might actually be seeing decline. Riot has **NEVER** posted official numbers on an official website. The only numbers we ever have for League of Legends are from third-parties who get them through interviews and/or requests for information from Riot PR. Maybe you should ask Riot's PR department to do an interview and ask them?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-21T20:26:02.783+0000) > > Riot has **NEVER** posted official numbers on an official website. The only numbers we ever have for League of Legends are from third-parties who get them through interviews and/or requests for information from Riot PR. > > Maybe you should ask Riot's PR department to do an interview and ask them? So if Riot's PR team gives a response to a PR inquiry, it is pretty obvious that those are the "official numbers." At that point not calling it "official" is just splitting hairs. Unless of course you are saying their PR team is giving out unofficial or false numbers upon inquiry, during interviews, etc, even though they are a officially part of Riot. Just because Riot does not post a number to their website does not mean we have not ever heard an official count. It seems using the word "posted" has created a problem with the understanding of what I was communicating.
: "Engagement" Optimised Matchmaking
Any company has plenty of motivation to post a growing player count or popularity, but if the player count or popularity goes down they most likely will not show data indicative of that, pretty self explanatory business practice. A company does not want anyone who is wondering whether or not problems in the game exist to see a decline in player count because in many of their minds it validates their fears that other people feel the same problems they do. That results in less growth and less player retention. Riot at one point posted active player counts at least once a year and now we have not seen one in years. Now I may not be able to prove the exact reason why they stopped, but reasonable deduction leads me to believe it is because it isn't seeing the same levels of growth, and might actually be seeing decline.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaguar Påw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-21T19:37:44.247+0000) > > This exact topic is described across plenty of platforms, so you can make ad-hominem attacks but it does not strengthen your points or weaken mine. Even if Riot has not officially adopted this they could easily just devote some of their massive revenue pool towards developing the exact same system on their own, regardless of what EA or Activision are doing; not to mention Tencent has stake in Activision, who are known to be patenting algorithms of this nature. (The actual _patenting_ of such algorithms is a fairly feeble concept) Furthermore you are an extremely biased individual, I know this because I see you on the boards every single day attacking anyone who is saying anything negative about Riot. So they should make it less fair in order to make players play more? Sorry, but one thing you and the “researchers” ignore is the **tens of millions** of players who would boycott/stop playing if such a matchmaking was in place. Players want fair matchmaking. They do not want to be brainwashed into playing more based on data that says they will play more if they’re handed a win or loss in a certain game.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T19:44:38.278+0000) > > So they should make it less fair in order to make players play more? > > Sorry, but one thing you and the “researchers” ignore is the **tens of millions** of players who would boycott/stop playing if such a matchmaking was in place. Players want fair matchmaking. They do not want to be brainwashed into playing more based on data that says they will play more if they’re handed a win or loss in a certain game. Well seeing as Riot never posts any official active account/ player counts anymore. We cannot just assume that they are still growing (could in fact be losing players rather than gaining). As for the "boycotting" it takes time for people to see that they are being manipulated especially if the original game and morals of the company could be completely different now than they were when they built their massive, DEDICATED, and loyal fan base. All this aside sunk cost fallacy is a massive problem amongst individuals but even worse in most corporations. This could also contribute to a slow bleed rather than a mass boycott as you describe.
: So what is the point of the post exactly. To spread awareness of a potential issue? This could 100% be correlation and not causation, granted that it's not just a placebo effect of people thinking they get the worst of the worst all the time. In my opinion, when they fucked the ranks in season 8, lots of people abused the +25lp -10lp and got WAY higher than they should have, and due to this we are still suffering today. Especially in the lower brackets where you don't need to play to avoid deranking. Where you have people in plat that should be in low silver. This and the fact that the game has been extremely unbalanced for quite a while now, where you have people abusing certain very overpowered champions for free LP. You get an unbalanced match making where if someone abuses Mordekaiser top lane to 4 tiers above their proper rank, and it gets banned, those people are just going to int due to 90% of their skill relying on the overpowered champion. We have actually seen this for a long time now with Riven mains, where they have some of the worst winrates on champions other than Riven, due to their champion skyrocketing their elo far above their actual rank.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Shift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-21T18:37:12.293+0000) > > So what is the point of the post exactly. > > To spread awareness of a potential issue? > > This could 100% be correlation and not causation, granted that it's not just a placebo effect of people thinking they get the worst of the worst all the time. > > In my opinion, when they fucked the ranks in season 8, lots of people abused the +25lp -10lp and got WAY higher than they should have, and due to this we are still suffering today. > > Especially in the lower brackets where you don't need to play to avoid deranking. Where you have people in plat that should be in low silver. > > This and the fact that the game has been extremely unbalanced for quite a while now, where you have people abusing certain very overpowered champions for free LP. You get an unbalanced match making where if someone abuses Mordekaiser top lane to 4 tiers above their proper rank, and it gets banned, those people are just going to int due to 90% of their skill relying on the overpowered champion. > > We have actually seen this for a long time now with Riven mains, where they have some of the worst winrates on champions other than Riven, due to their champion skyrocketing their elo far above their actual rank. As I did not play ranked, or many games at all in season 8 (One of the few seasons I have not played much in) I cannot really validate or argue against your point. But from the sound of it, could definitely be part of the problem. Similar to your first point part of the problem could also be from all the people in season 9 pairing up and abusing the positional rank trade system early in the season before they got rid of it. Also I did not say I get "the worst of the worst all the time..." Not even close, in fact I am saying you get careful alternation between extremely viable team comps with marquee players (who happen to also play all the op champs and great comps of the meta) and players who the system knows plays a new champ every 3 games, that just rage quit, or flame.
rujitra (NA)
: LOL yeah sure. A one paragraph blog post that provides no data or evidence at all, and doesn’t link to or cite any peer reviewed journal articles? Oh yeah, and it isn’t even about Riot, it’s about EA. Sounds more like some salty teenagers who realized they have a platform they can make something that sounds official in. You got played. *edit* - yep, just saw your reply. Shoddy research skills, horribly written paper. I’m not surprised they couldn’t get it in a journal so had to release it public domain.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cTRLcUpd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-21T19:16:27.397+0000) > > LOL yeah sure. A one paragraph blog post that provides no data or evidence at all, and doesn’t link to or cite any peer reviewed journal articles? Oh yeah, and it isn’t even about Riot, it’s about EA. > > Sounds more like some salty teenagers who realized they have a platform they can make something that sounds official in. You got played. > > *edit* - yep, just saw your reply. Shoddy research skills, horribly written paper. I’m not surprised they couldn’t get it in a journal so had to release it public domain. This exact topic is described across plenty of platforms, so you can make ad-hominem attacks but it does not strengthen your points or weaken mine. Even if Riot has not officially adopted this they could easily just devote some of their massive revenue pool towards developing the exact same system on their own, regardless of what EA or Activision are doing; not to mention Tencent has stake in Activision, who are known to be patenting algorithms of this nature. (The actual _patenting_ of such algorithms is a fairly feeble concept) Furthermore you are an extremely biased individual, I know this because I see you on the boards every single day attacking anyone who is saying anything negative about Riot.
: "Engagement" Optimised Matchmaking
http://web.cs.ucla.edu/~yzsun/papers/WWW17Chen_EOMM The above is a more full version of the studies and paper from my original link.
Comentários de Rioters
: This is a matchmaking issue. Riot now thinks 1 carry/team should be paired up with 4 people that don't know how to play the game.
Yes, this, it is their technique to make inferior players feel better about their inflated rank, thus keep playing and being carried. It also keeps dedicated, superior players, playing more because they have that many more games to climb to their desired rank, that they know they can eventually achieve. It is really quite sad because gaming companies have been patenting (yes patenting) algorithms in their matchmaking to achieve this result, gamers need to research "Engagement Optimized Matchmaking." These companies are doing a lot more than I have even described here, even analyzing your playstyle and sometimes placing you on optimal teams (when it wants you to win and feel good) then vice versa. Placing you in games where someone one on the enemy team mains your main's counter or even placing someone on the enemy team that 9/10 games bans your main champion or champions. It's divisive, deviant, scummy, and frankly not fun to be apart of.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaguar Påw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-12-20T16:49:53.284+0000) > > The game state is buggy as hell and in shambles, the client is even worse in this regard. Yet we have people asking for announcer packs that Riot can milk the whales with, I have lost all faith in this community. They're clearly not in any rush to fix it anyways, might as well.
> [{quoted}](name=The Stabby Tabby,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-12-20T17:30:41.041+0000) > > They're clearly not in any rush to fix it anyways, might as well. Shi, I guess you're right, well then lets just throw out some map packs too please. :)
SCP 106 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=zPity,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEiRLuYy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-20T15:44:18.682+0000) > > Don't worry, Riot will prioritize all the features you want and make sure that they are all free. They don't need any money. They do this all for you. > > Get out of here. Do you think they make these decisions irrationally? You don't think there is a board of people, focus groups, etc. that weigh the cost/benefit of these decisions? > > Yes, the client is running poorly right now (part of the problem is the majority of staff are off for the holiday (I know that shouldn't be allowed)). > > I get it, entitlement is contagious and an extremely hard condition to get rid of, but you're just flat out wrong. They can pick the direction they want to go in, you either give feedback and go with it, or play another game. It's so simple, Riot doesn't owe you anything, period. Don't worry, you're on the boards, if you aren't flaming riot mindlessly, you are an enemy, and will be treated as such, You have to hate riot or you get downvoted to hell, they only believe what they want to believe, I like riot and I will suffer on the boards for it.
> [{quoted}](name=SCP 106,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEiRLuYy,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-12-21T06:18:33.619+0000) > > Don't worry, you're on the boards, if you aren't flaming riot mindlessly, you are an enemy, and will be treated as such, You have to hate riot or you get downvoted to hell, they only believe what they want to believe, I like riot and I will suffer on the boards for it. This is blatantly false, I have made plenty of thought-out, well worded, posts voicing disagreement about decisions Riot made and champs. Riot have designed, that were down voted to hell on these very boards. So please stop trying to deplatform the one official forum that Riot has, because I am not creating a facebook, twitter, reddit, or any other social media account, just to express opinions or hear other's opinions about the game. When are you kids going to realize these companies are being paid to outsource to these media outlets, then they pay the media outlets to censor for them. Monopoly 101
: I seriously don't get why HotS has it but League doesn't.
The game state is buggy as hell and in shambles, the client is even worse in this regard. Yet we have people asking for announcer packs that Riot can milk the whales with, I have lost all faith in this community.
Milan3z3 (EUNE)
: Is it me or LoL has became was too bursty
I have been playing on and off since season 2 across multiple accounts (Not because I was ever banned). The game feels terrible right now, damage is insane (this is coming from an assassin player), team fights and "duels" are just a messy dogpile, champion design is trite and overloaded, I can go on but you get the point. I am a little older now too (we all are) but that's not the difference, the game just takes less skill, is less fun more stressful, and is less balanced in general. All game design flaws aside, the matchmaking is the worst it's ever been. Especially since the introduction of skill-based positional rating (which btw was not removed when they removed individual positional queue ratings in season 9). So basically once an account has played 50 or so games in any given season it's MMR essentially becomes set in stone for the rest of time, even after the "soft reset" every season. Obviously that is a huge flaw and creates a fake, padded ranked ladder. They want you to grind on your main (100's of games to fix MMR) or create a new account and reinvest $$ on champions and rune pages (coincidence, I think not). For instance the older account might take 500 games to get X rank whereas the fresh newly 30 account takes 50 games to get X rank, same player both accounts. (Have tested this many times personally and know countless pros attest to this, hence why they are constantly making new "bronze to challenger" accounts). Basically the state of the game is a fiasco and I am at this point with you, just got to quit playing until they fix some of these problems or another MOBA sweeps in and crushes these money mongrels at Riot.
: > Using your fists is not unique amongst fighters at all especially not in League. I went ahead and looked through the Champions who use their fists in fighting, including those who use a weapon besides. I probably missed one or two, but my count comes up to around 15. 15 Champions out of nearly 150~ now. - Alistar (no weapon) - Blitzcrank (no weapon) - Braum (door) - Galio (no weapon) - Gnar (boomerang) - Lee Sin (no weapon) - Maokai (no weapon) - Rakan (no weapon, can't count a mirror) - Shyvana - (claw-gauntlets) - Sylas (chains) - Udyr (no weapons, can't count primal magics) - VI (gauntlets) - Volibear (no weapon) - Warwick (no weapon) - ZAC (no weapon) But what makes Sett unique is that he's a Juggernaut whose kit is _dedicated_ to his bare-knuckle brawling. He's not a crowd-controlling minotaur, not a magically-powered golem, not a folk hero, nor a giant, magic-absorbing statue...Etc. He's a guy who fights with his fists. No real magic to him. > Pit fighter who is also a momma's boy may be unique, but that's because it is a stretch and seems forced. What? Okay, so what about other Champions, then? Kayn being able to resist - and even potentially overpower a millenia-old ascended god-warrior through sheer audacity is a stretch, and it seems forced. VI having a change of heart mid-heist and joining the Piltover police because of newfound morals is a stretch, and it seems forced. Viktor entering a depressive state at how human beings favor emotion over efficiency and shun moving towards mechanically-assisted perfection is a stretch, and it seems forced. You could say _literally **all** of League is a stretch and it seems forced._ So if that's going to be your catch-all counterargument to something genuinely unique, then frankly, there ain't much left to discuss here. > Kayn and Zed are Ionian as well and inherently crave violence, being master assassins and a part of an order of killers. Zed don't crave violence, though. Zed despised the Kinkou's inaction in regards to Noxus invading and ruining Ionia, and consequently set out to fight the invaders _his_ way, since the passive nature of the Kinkou would only lead to Ionia's destruction. Kayn has his own motives - personal perfection and superceding his master. And more than that, he's not some sloppy butcher, he's an assassin, and a ruthlessly efficient and calculating one, as shown by his [color story](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/kayn-color-story/). And besides, Zed and Kayn don't paint a picture of all of Ionia - they paint a picture for themselves. Just because one small group wants to take the fight to Noxus doesn't mean all of Ionia condones the shift from peace to war - though through Sett's bio, it's clear that there's a latent hunger for violence and bloodshed across the land. Assassin != craves violence. Zed doesn't crave violence, but he knows that it's a necessity to drive back Noxus. Kayn similarly understands the necessity, and uses death (and the fear of it) as a weapon. Both of them use violence as a way to protect and empower Ionia.
You seem very into the League Lore, good on you have fun with it. What I am saying is, in my opinion, the new champ designs are not inspiring me and feel even more forced. Maybe it is just a side effect of too many champions. But retconning Senna into being alive (another power couple bottom *cringe*), Aphelios is like knock off Varus (the whole two people in one), then Sett who is yet another normal human with furry ears. These champs seem recycled and rushed to me.
: When can "smurfs" be a thing of a past?
They could easily just do like DOTA2 and require a mobile number for ranked, and ban people making multiple accounts, who are trying to circumvent needing a real number. Riot would rather subsidize boosting so they will never do anything in regards to this problem. They are truly just a cash grab company and the reason they are so popular is because sadly being a scammer is promoted in the current age of our world.
: > Sett is unoriginal... Define "unoriginal"? Because as far as I see, there's plenty original about him. - Rather than using hugeass weapons as a Juggernaut, he uses his fists. - He's an underground pit-fighter, which is an interesting thematic. Sure, we've had gladiatorial fighters in the past (Xin Zhao, Alistar), but none like Sett. - Character-wise, he's a momma's boy with a chip on his shoulder and an eagerness to make his place in the world through fighting. - Additionally, lore-wise he gives us a look into the darker side of post-Noxus Ionia that we haven't seen yet. Where Zed, Akali, Karma, Irelia, and Jhin give a look into how the people, the orders, and the government are handling the fallout of the Noxian invasion, Sett shows us a side of Ionia that's craving violence after the war. Are there some things that _are_ unoriginal about him? Sure. He's another big, imposing dude with a square chin and plenty of muscle. He's another self-confident, "I can do anything" guy with badditude. But it ain't like he's totally unoriginal. > ...yet another Vastayah that looks nothing like an animal. Well, first of all, there's no rule that says that Vastaya can't be largely human in appearance with some basic animal semblances. Look at Ahri, Xayah, & Rakan. The Lhotlan are largely humanoid, with their silhouettes punctuated by raptor-like legs, feather tufts on the arms, and tall, furred ears - not to mention the possibility that their feather cloaks are natural. And then you have Ahri, who's literally just a woman with fox ears and fox tails. And second of all; _**Sett is half-Vastaya.**_ He's even more diluted than the descendants of Vastayashai'rei, and it's only natural that he loses some of that animal semblance due to his mixed parentage. He still has tufts of fur around his wrists and short, furry ears, but he's not going to look as much like an animal as a Lhotlan or a Marai - and definitely nothing like Rengar or Wukong.
Using your fists is not unique amongst fighters at all especially not in League. Pit fighter who is also a momma's boy may be unique, but that's because it is a stretch and seems forced. Kayn and Zed are Ionian as well and inherently crave violence, being master assassins and a part of an order of killers.
: Just going to throw all my random thoughts into this, but specifically wanted to reply I thought he looked like a half fox (especially with the fox emblems). That being said, he looks like a drug lord who just so happens to also fight. Which I actually really like. The 'prettyboi bad' statement is kind of pointless to me, there are "good looking people" and "bad looking people." The vastaya generally are good looking like they have some kind of glamour to them from what I understand. Regardless, releasing a hideous champion because you typically release pertty lookin' ones is just pointless pandering. If they are going to be ugly (like most void champs, and such) I would rather there be a reason for it. Now they could have made him more gruff like new Urgot or Darius but literally not a concern to me. As for being "muscly" He looks rather "normal" to me. Sure he has a bulky body but he doesn't look like he eats steroids with every meal either.
You have never met a "drug lord" I guarantee that. You really think the people that rule the underworld, dress flashy? Holywood and pop culture media has really gotten to your head.
Scolorin (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W7criv8e,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-15T13:13:30.542+0000) > > You’re free to make outrageous claims like “riot balances to sell more skins” all you want, but they aren’t face. It’s simply conspiracy. There are people like this out there Holy shit
> [{quoted}](name=Scolorin,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W7criv8e,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-15T16:34:33.092+0000) > > There are people like this out there > > Holy shit Careful the mods might remove this post, like mine. Rujitra went and grabbed the mods xD
: You are absolutely, 100% right. However, look at your downvotes. Riot is now aiming to edgy preteens who love generic "cool" anime stuff. They LOVE crap like the incredibly boring Sett. This game has regressed to the level of some boring, cheap, uninspired mobile title. And its players are LOVING IT. I know sunken cost fallacy is a b**ch, but I strongly suggest you gather the will to uninstall this game, because, spoilers: things are not going to get any better for this title.
Yea you can tell its these kids that don't know whether they are even male or female xD
: Settts a thuggggggggggggggggggggg{{sticker:draven-pose}}
I mean depends on what you call a "thug." He looks about as "thug" as Tekashi69, or some of the other entertainers now a days. Kids these days thinking a face tat and pink hair makes you an OG. Then those same kids get picked up by the pigs and snitch on their whole crew right away. Sett does not look like an underboss at all he looks like the posers of the modern age.
: I agree and disagree. Sett identity is that of a pit fighter, and you'd expect him to be a lot more rugged and blunt, like a Darius or a Braum. Instead he looks pretty and juvenile. Also, him being a grown up momma boi is quite unique! That said, his attitude **is** trite, and his animalistic traits are minimal (this is justifiable because he's only half vastaya) but I don't mind. What you have me on board about is that his clothing and hairstyle are at odds with his brawling and fighting spirit. You could argue that he runs the business and doesn't fight anymore, but it would like having an armorless garen pretending to be a knight anyway.
Very sensible points, I see where you are coming from and agree for the most part.
: Funny how all I see on the Boards is hate towards Sett visual design because he's not a monster champ and he's a pretty boy.
It is not "hate," I definitely do not care enough about anything to feel "hate." It has nothing to do with being a pretty boy and more to do with his overall identity or lack thereof; furry ears, bright red hair, hair covering the eye, skin-tight apparel, not to mention pretty boy has been used for plenty of other champs already anyway. The way I see it he is literally a male Xayah, that boxes.
Comentários de Rioters
Sneakeh (EUNE)
: Remove duo from solo/duo
It is sad that these posts get down voted by boosters and the boosted. Duo is abused constantly. People down vote because if they have to duo to rank up, they want you to go through the same struggle as them. Boosters all duo to rank up accounts, even in silver, if you do not believe me, go boost an account, you do not care about, and watch how they do it. (Know you are risking being banned though, however small the chance)
Comentários de Rioters
Eedat (NA)
: That's funny because I didn't start anything with you. You started the conversation with me no? And with ad hominem remarks correct? You started with ad hominem attacks. I respond with ad hominem attacks. You then attempt to insult me for using ad hominem? Like what? Non-ironically? Anyway, I'm out of this before the moderators come delete this and ban the both of us of this "free thinking" platform. Peace
"This board is just an isolated cesspool of anger and shitposts that would be laughed at or deleted from the main reddit. Like seriously posts have trouble breaking 100 upvotes here lol." Do you not remember posting this or something? You can just look at the stamp on it and see it was there long before I said anything. So I stated that it is idiotic to use a platform to say that anyone who uses said platform is part of an, "isolated cesspool of anger..."
: Not even close to true. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA1/43247565 High Elo player playing in low elo..... He literally has 92/0 games in ranked. (I think this account was banned, but this is happening all over the place) https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Ralifaz ^ Smurfing low elo. I experienced a game where he got to 2134 stacks on Nasus. Game lasted 58 minutes, because only he and I were relevant, while everyone else was feeding. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2995343441/243999882?tab=overview Yasuo is a Season 1 player who is currently a Grandmaster Smurf. If you outclass the players you are playing against, you CAN carry, even with bounties......
The links you posted are irrelevant and correlate nothing for your stated intentions of your reply. I looked at all of them.
: No he would not be able to carry himself. Shut down gold bonus is now a big problem, because the carrying player of the behind team once being shut down (which is very likely to happen due to being focused) will give the leading team a huge amount of gold. In other words, shut down gold, which was meant to help behind team to come back, now makes it harder to come back.
Exactly, carrying solo is not even a thing anymore lol. If you are jungle for example and one or two laners feed, that is a 1000+ from kills then throw in turret plates that's another 1000+. Say you have been farming like a beast and maybe even got a 1v1 kill and a gank, number one you will have a huge bounty on your head, number two even with that solo lead the enemies will easily have more if the lanes were at all a net loss in early game. This game is being dumpstered by these drastic changes, that seem to have the opposite affect from what Riot says they are trying to change. Seems like Riot is either lying about intentions and have hidden agendas, or they're just legit incompetent and have a really bad analytic system.
: Hidden MMR and Riot's Transparency
They want to keep forcing people to grind more and more. Their system is total crap, if there was any transparency then maybe games would have some integrity. Or it would reveal Riot matchmaking for the communist trash it is.
LazyW0lf (NA)
: Is anyone else just not having fun?
I feel that a lot of these problems stem from the poor matchmaking and ranking system. Every game is just absurd when playing in normal, one team is diamond and platinum players, while the other is all un-ranked save one gold V. So you cannot really get accurate practice for ranked. Ranked is not much better, especially if you are some one with a "Secret MMR" that has diverged from your actual rank, this can happen due to the weird promotional system. Also when the champions have more and more snowball potential it accentuates the problem of mis-matching. This in part is why every game is pretty much decided by 10-15 minutes. Another problem is that you are sometimes stuck playing for another 30 minutes after this "deciding point," even if you were one of the people who played decent it really does not matter, because waiting on an enemy throw is not very fun either. The new rune system feels like it has just made these problems even worse and quicker to become apparent in my games.

Jaguar Påw

Nível 237 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão