: I was under the impressions we wouldn't get those skins til the beginning of Aug Outside of that, it they said it will hit today, it will likely be on Riot's end time zone (PST) 12pm Or 12:01 pm (since companies like to do that for reasons
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZOKcfpRB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:01:29.318+0000) > > I was under the impressions we wouldn't get those skins til the beginning of Aug > > Outside of that, it they said it will hit today, it will likely be on Riot's end time zone (PST) 12pm Or 12:01 pm (since companies like to do that for reasons ahhh i got ye. thank you.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=Salron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K4n6HevT,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-17T22:49:11.644+0000) > > No it's not because Riot doesn't fucking "roll back" patches So you're suggesting that Riot should leave the BASE game in a massively buggy mess to the point of unplayable status and we should just calmly wait until those bugs are fixed? If the bug fixes would be in 48 hours, I could deal with that. But these are just a little too widespread to suggest it will be anything less than 4 days. And knowing Riot, it'll take at least a week. They should roll back the patch.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K4n6HevT,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-17T23:09:20.184+0000) > > So you're suggesting that Riot should leave the BASE game in a massively buggy mess to the point of unplayable status and we should just calmly wait until those bugs are fixed? > > If the bug fixes would be in 48 hours, I could deal with that. But these are just a little too widespread to suggest it will be anything less than 4 days. And knowing Riot, it'll take at least a week. > > They should roll back the patch. i'm just wondering IF they can roll it back at this point. have they EVER rolled back a patch? can they?
PhoPhoW (EUW)
: How many hours is it sane to play LEAGUE per day?
playing league and still being sane? thats a large assumption you are making.
Zapzya (OCE)
: The Shadow Isles are great
{{champion:30}} is who i would point to if a friend asked for a good backstory for a lich in a D&D campaign he was DMing. boy obsessed with death and finds it a beautiful thing, and logically wants everyone to see how wonderful it is. shits so simple, creepy, and perfect.
edgy name (EUNE)
: and again, a silver player making a post thats so wrong. Kalye loses pretty much every matchup on toplane. Games are decided before she hits level 11 (she becomes relevant ONLY after level 11). and im talking about high elo which you have no clue about
> [{quoted}](name=edgy name,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iT7ArWZN,comment-id=00040006,timestamp=2019-03-11T16:10:59.880+0000) > > and again, a silver player making a post thats so wrong. Kalye loses pretty much every matchup on toplane. Games are decided before she hits level 11 (she becomes relevant ONLY after level 11). and im talking about high elo which you have no clue about brah, i literally said games are decided before kayle can put on her red shoes and dance the blues. i am not sure what your point is, other then gate-keeping and swinging your ELO dick around. edit: oh your just targeting the top-rated comments. i see.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: what rework?
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mndpHu0g,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-11T10:43:11.730+0000) > > what rework? {{item:3070}}
Comentários de Rioters
: Nasus and Veigar got buffs to make their early not punishable though.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iT7ArWZN,comment-id=00040004,timestamp=2019-03-10T21:44:34.473+0000) > > Nasus and Veigar got buffs to make their early not punishable though. true, but really the only buff i would think to give kayle early is a way to make her farming a BIT safer. but overall, i am a fan of the idea of giver her the vayne treatment; even-out her scaling where her laning is not as bad, and her late game is not as fuck-off strong.
: are they removing role ranks?
yup {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: When the enemy jungler smite steals skuttles
i'll be real, that shit tilts me for the rest of the god-darn day.
: Unpopular question: Why do people hate shorter games?
1: puts a limit on the amount of viable champs (slow-rollers do not bode well in shorter games). 2: rewards bursty, snowball champs that are most of the time not fun to play against ({{champion:55}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:238}} to list a few). some folks, myself included, like an "open meta" where their are tons of champs to be able to play and face off against. with shorter games it funnels the stronger champs, they get picked more, and makes for very redundant matches over time. now, with that said; their are problems with longer matches aswell. but i do prefer longer matches even with said flaws. its mostly up to a matter of opinion.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Well.....the only problem i have is her lvl 16. I have seen kayles being like 0/1/3 at 25 mins and having 200+ farm and being like 14 or 15 lvl and then descending from toplane and 1 shooting every 13 lvl they see. How about that true damage change it to armor and magic penetration? That would be better
> [{quoted}](name=FSRER,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iT7ArWZN,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-03-10T17:17:39.372+0000) > > Well.....the only problem i have is her lvl 16. I have seen kayles being like 0/1/3 at 25 mins and having 200+ farm and being like 14 or 15 lvl and then descending from toplane and 1 shooting every 13 lvl they see. How about that true damage change it to armor and magic penetration? That would be better agree 100%. no real need for true damage, it just feels like a "winning more" kind of thing for her at 16. on hit would still be huge for her damage, but not so much that she will obliterate hard tanks before they can get combos off in teamfights.
: DO NOT BUFF KAYLE
kayle is perfectly balanced right now, maybe with a few changes to her late game power. but the real reason she is so "feast or famine" is due to the meta she is in. in a meta where games go beyond 30+ on average and snowball champs need more then 2 early kills to hit their power-spike, kayle would be the same kind of "win condition" champ like {{champion:75}} {{champion:83}} or {{champion:45}}. however, we live in a meta right now where games are decided by 7-10 mins into the game. and the term "late-game" has been replaced by the word "ff". i think it would be next too pointless to try and balance her right now, just leave her as a risky-as-all-get-out pick until the meta shifts to a more late game focus.
Glîtchy (NA)
: What I hope we see less and less of in the future regarding reworks
i just really wish riot would stop making hyper-carries right now. they are ether not as consistently as strong as snowballer for the parts of the game that matter right now (10-20 mins in). or they will auto-win the game for their team if the match goes on over 25-30 mins ... {{champion:10}} ... or both...
SEKAI (OCE)
: Remember that Karthus emote we all cried rivers for?
: So...Kayle...
win before 30 mins.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:09:52.602+0000) > > "and yet their reason for ''gameplay clairty'' doesn't hold up to ingame gameplay clarity, their reason was ''well not a tank so shouldn't have armor'' and yet I listed several examples of either tanks not having armor or non tanks having armor so that's clearly a bogus reason and not true." > > they don't ONLY give tanks armor, of course not. its just that bulky full-plate armor is an easy way to make a bulky profile. > {{champion:201}} does not need armor because he IS bulky with a large build and HUGE shield. > {{champion:82}} is a null example due to the fact that he is a WAY older champ, and was made in a time when riot did not have/need this design philosophy. > {{champion:10}} herself IS WEARING ARMOR, its just sleek, and dexterous. it is not bulky, because bulky profile = tanky champ. > > "when a champion first pops on screen you can't tell anything from them, be they wearing armor or not, that's the thing with first encounters, you're in the unknown no matter what the champion looks like." > > league is not a game about "the unknown", its a game about knowledge, quick-thinking, and shot calling. if you legit can't tell who the champ is when they pop on screen, then ether riot designed kayle the way you wanted, or you are just bad and have not played the game long enough to memorize champ profiles. > > this is not dead by daylight or some hide and seek game, you are TOLD who your opponents are even BEFORE the game starts. > this is a very poor point that is just silly. > > "considering how big the wings are and how big leona her shield is, yeah, the difference can very easily be made, like I said, you're the first to find leona and kayle near identical ever since the release of leona, the 2 champions look completely different." > > speaking of putting words in mouths, you are quite keen on that are you not? > > i never said leona and kayle were "near identical", i said that their profiles were similar, or would look very similar if kayle looked the way you wanted and that is why riot made the changes that they did to the new kayle. > > > "if you want to argue very similar then syndra and diana fit that bill way better than kayle and leona who only don't have much in common" > > syndra has a straight and tall profile. diana has a "prowling" posture that goes forward. > also the color palettes are way different, syndra having dark and purple. > diana having moonglow and even soft yellow for her abilities. > > its not the big things that make a silhouette stand out, its EVERY little small thing. why would braum not need armor? he's supposed to be a tank yet goes to war with his entire chest exposed, you don't look at an exposed chest and think ''ah, I'm sure his niples will absorb damage well'' what I'm saying is if a new player sees a champion for the first time obviously it will be unknown, only then would someone confuse leona for kayle, but since they are a new player they may confuse allot of champions with other champions. Like you said game is about knowledge and if you even have a little bit if knowledge you wouldn't confuse leona for kayle. ''i know this may be because i am a dumbass, but when the eclipse skin came out for leona, i would confuse her with kayle for just a split sec when she was in the corner of my eye.'' ''you CAN'T safely give kayle full plate anymore, her profile would look WAY to close to leona's. ON TOP of the fact that they have very close palettes.'' she wouldn't look identical or WAY to close to kayle, as you mentioned earlier as there are plenty of differences kayle and leona have more differences then syndra and diana. kayle is red and yellow - leona is gold and purple kayle is almost entirely covered from head to toe in armor - leona has armored skirt, metal breast protection and metal bits on her head kayle flies - leona walks on the ground leona has a sword and shield - kayle has a single sword kayle holds her sword different from leona leona holds sword in right hand kayle holds sword in left hand you argue color palettes are the same yet argue against it with syndra due to ''abilities'' but that wasn't the argument with kayle, with syndra and diana they look so similar that riot had to remove diana her helmet because they just looked so darn similar
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-08T16:38:08.000+0000) > > haha you're right, I guess we just have too different viewpoints? if that's the word for it to come to an agreement. > > I understand, I've had it happen in the past where I'm too overzealous so to say that it can create a never ending discussion/argument. > > anyways, hope you get some good rest then and have a nice day peace brother. <3
CorgiBot (NA)
: I hate upvote/downvote systems, it's effectively a way for people to censor what they don't like. But I digress from that train of thought. Hhaavviikk, mate, she's still wearing armor, literally only one of her skins has her with like no armor or clothes on. And there is nothing wrong with Leona wearing heels, heels aren't even remotely feminine or "sexualized" unless you've eaten lead paint chips and learned nothing of history. You're making a fuss over what? She's got a figure? She had a figure before too, you had to be literally blind to not see it. You're mad because she's not flying around like a damn fantasy medieval knight in full on plate? Do you know how little sense that plate armor makes? Theres no mobility or flexibility in that armor, if justice is to be swift a full set of plate is not going to make that happen. I could point out how she also looks like some interpretations of Angels or how the Greco-Roman image of Justice has a fairly hour-glass figure but I feel like you'd ignore it and have me downvoted because you don't like facing inconvenient facts. Good luck KaibaNotAFriend, I feel as though you'll need it since logic and common sense are seldom the allies of folks like our dear Hhaavviikk here.
> [{quoted}](name=Seraphim Kayle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-03-08T12:38:17.266+0000) > > I hate upvote/downvote systems, it's effectively a way for people to censor what they don't like. But I digress from that train of thought. > > Hhaavviikk, mate, she's still wearing armor, literally only one of her skins has her with like no armor or clothes on. And there is nothing wrong with Leona wearing heels, heels aren't even remotely feminine or "sexualized" unless you've eaten lead paint chips and learned nothing of history. You're making a fuss over what? She's got a figure? She had a figure before too, you had to be literally blind to not see it. You're mad because she's not flying around like a damn fantasy medieval knight in full on plate? Do you know how little sense that plate armor makes? Theres no mobility or flexibility in that armor, if justice is to be swift a full set of plate is not going to make that happen. I could point out how she also looks like some interpretations of Angels or how the Greco-Roman image of Justice has a fairly hour-glass figure but I feel like you'd ignore it and have me downvoted because you don't like facing inconvenient facts. > > Good luck KaibaNotAFriend, I feel as though you'll need it since logic and common sense are seldom the allies of folks like our dear Hhaavviikk here. ahhhh, i am somewhat of a light-history buff myself. good luck too you aswell brother, i put up my own board on trying to get some opinions on why folks dislike the new design. i am very happy with that board in and of itself, as some very insightful posts opened my eyes to some of the flaws and genuine gripes folks have with the new look. i just wish more folks just formed an opinion and have a discussion, not just take a side for the sake of an argument.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-09T16:31:58.926+0000) > > as for feedback, i really did not hear about folks shitting on the new design until it was already out. Then there is absolutely no way you were engaging with the community at the time. You are describing events that are completely divorced from history.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-09T18:08:28.630+0000) > > Then there is absolutely no way you were engaging with the community at the time. You are describing events that are completely divorced from history. i did not mean or say that NO ONE disliked the new look, my point was in the rest of that post. which you conveniently left out when quoting me. you seem to be trying to snipe at logic (poorly) rather then discussing why YOU, as your own person, feel that the design is poorly made. but i will leave you to your own opinion, as i am not trying to change an opinion. i am only trying to gain perspective on why folks don't like the design. not parroting blanket statements ("riot did it bc riot"), or objectively saying that a photoshop job is better looking with no thought given to constraints or difficulty that riot had to go across, considering that unlike the photoshoppers, riot was not working alone, or on the matter of only one opinion. but that's only my opinion.
: Err... No. Just. No. No, we're aren't slutshaming Kayle. That is not why we dislike the new design. If we were slutshaming, then we would be complaining about Morgana as well. We aren't against sexy characters in League. It's why you barely see anyone complaining about Evelynn, because she is a succubus who uses sex appeal to kill her victims. Her being sexy makes a lot of sense in that regard. We just don't like it when they put sexiness in a design for no reason or when it contradicts what the characters is supposed to represent. Kayle is one of those characters. She is an angel that represents absolute law and fairness, someone trying to cleanse herself of humanity to become more divine. NOWHERE in her character does it makes sense to say "oh, but she's sexy too!" In fact, it makes more sense for her not to be sexy. Sexiness is a very human thing. Kayle doesn't want to be human. So those two things contradict each other, and it's why people think this new design is a lot more weaker than the old one. On the other hand, Morgana wants to become more human and less divine, so in her case sexiness makes sense. So no one really complains about Morgana unless they feel that sexiness doesn't suit her design anymore given her new lore. Not because she is actually sexy. (Hopefully that makes sense) Also, I will give you a bit of credit, Kayle isn't horribly, outlandishly sexualized on the level of Miss Fortune or Evelynn. But it's worth noting that her crotch and lower stomach are still exposed, the armor on her thighs seemed to be designed to make her thighs look bigger, and the armor around her body, plus the "bodysuit", is form-fitting and it shows off her curves and her general body shape. Not to mention she had a boob plate until Riot fixed it due to complaints, and she LOSES her armor as she levels up. AND that's without comparing it to the old design and how non-sexualized it was. So Kayle's new design is still sexualization, at least in my book.
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-09T17:12:26.269+0000) > > Err... No. > > Just. No. No, we're aren't slutshaming Kayle. That is not why we dislike the new design. If we were slutshaming, then we would be complaining about Morgana as well. > > We aren't against sexy characters in League. It's why you barely see anyone complaining about Evelynn, because she is a succubus who uses sex appeal to kill her victims. Her being sexy makes a lot of sense in that regard. > > We just don't like it when they put sexiness in a design for no reason or when it contradicts what the characters is supposed to represent. Kayle is one of those characters. > > She is an angel that represents absolute law and fairness, someone trying to cleanse herself of humanity to become more divine. NOWHERE in her character does it makes sense to say "oh, but she's sexy too!" In fact, it makes more sense for her not to be sexy. > > Sexiness is a very human thing. Kayle doesn't want to be human. So those two things contradict each other, and it's why people think this new design is a lot more weaker than the old one. On the other hand, Morgana wants to become more human and less divine, so in her case sexiness makes sense. So no one really complains about Morgana unless they feel that sexiness doesn't suit her design anymore given her new lore. Not because she are actually sexy. (Hopefully that makes sense) > > Also, I will give you a bit of credit, Kayle isn't horribly, outlandishly sexualized on the level of Miss Fortune or Evelynn. But it's worth noting that her crotch and lower stomach are still exposed, the armor on her thighs seemed to be designed to make her thighs look bigger, and the armor around her body, plus the "bodysuit", is form-fitting and it shows off her curves and her body. Not to mention she had a boob plate until Riot fixed it due to complaints, and she LOSES her armor as she levels up. AND that's without comparing it to the old design and how non-sexualized it was. So Kayle's is sexualization, at least in my book. very fair points, if fact i'd say this is the most well put together so far. thank you.
: Lets talk about Kayle....
i think that kayle is a perfectly balanced champ, in the completely wrong meta. in season 7 or 6, she would have had the same pick/ban rate as nasus or any late-game splitpusher/duelist. but this season is not friendly to ANY slow-scaling champ, especially to champs that are given as poor of an early game as she does. why play a hyper-carry that only becomes viable after 15 mins into the game, when you could play a snowballer that already could easily have 7 kills by that same time? of course she needs some buffs right now, i personally would just like her to have a safer farming method post-11. but i think if you gave her ANY real hard buffs this season, you are just making another snowball carry monster. and we need LESS of those, not more.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T18:30:56.061+0000) > > it was just a gaudy choice in design. sure its ugly, but they did not mean to spit in your face for it. > > i am sure that if they knew that there was gonna be this much backleash over a cod-piece, they would not have done it. If they really believed that they would fix it, or at least texture it differently. The updates they made to Kayle based on feedback were pathetic. They are spitting in our faces, this shit has been happening too long for it to be anything else.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T19:10:17.202+0000) > > If they really believed that they would fix it, or at least texture it differently. The updates they made to Kayle based on feedback were pathetic. > > They are spitting in our faces, this shit has been happening too long for it to be anything else. i doubt riot made it their mission this rework too "attack" or "spit" at the fanbase, thats just delusional and silly. as for feedback, i really did not hear about folks shitting on the new design until it was already out. of course there were most likely folks that spoke out on the design before the release, but you guys are acting like that 90% of the fanbase were against the rework from the start, which is not true, not even close. aatrox rework had way more ground when it came to concern and even granted outrage, due to the fact that the concern came from not only poor design but also hard kit changes. you guys are taking a purple crouch she has in levels 1-11 and perceiving it as a personal attack. thats just really ridiculous too me.
: I really don't know what else to tell you or what you expect. She is sexualized and it does against her character.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T21:08:14.604+0000) > > I really don't know what else to tell you or what you expect. She is sexualized and it **does** against her character. ok
: They gave her armor yes and left crotch open. I felt that an explanation was not needed for something so obvious.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T14:46:38.799+0000) > > They gave her armor yes and left crotch open. I felt that an explanation was not needed for something so obvious. but i was, in my first post, asking for explanation. i am not a mind reader. and honestly, i was hoping for FAR better reasons to be so offended then just a purple cod-piece and sleeker armor.
Quepha (NA)
: The wings make up a big part of the character's silhouette and that's generally how players identify an entity. I don't know what you mean by "profile" in this context. "Making a better Kayle from their perspective," includes the word "Kayle" in it and it looks like Riot failed to look at old Kayle when designing this new one.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T15:35:38.402+0000) > > The wings make up a big part of the character's silhouette and that's generally how players identify an entity. I don't know what you mean by "profile" in this context. > > "Making a better Kayle from their perspective," includes the word "Kayle" in it and it looks like Riot failed to look at old Kayle when designing this new one. "profile" is another term for silhouette (i think its what TF2 devs called silhouettes) i think that is a bit melodramatic. kayle is one of there flagship champs, of course they would look too the old design before starting work on the new one. you guys make it seem that just because she has a purple crotch for levels 1-11, riot betrayed you. it was just a gaudy choice in design. sure its ugly, but they did not mean to spit in your face for it. i am sure that if they knew that there was gonna be this much backleash over a cod-piece, they would not have done it.
Ruse3 (NA)
: Forcing a champ to be really weak in the early stage of the game is really bad. If riot is constantly making games shorter with changes and buffs then why make a champ be super strong late game if there shouldn't be a late game. Her really bad early game costs so many matches due to her being an easy target where she cant even do what she is meant to do. You made it where she cant auto during her ult , that ruins the point of late game kayle where she can throw tons of damage without being damaged.
> [{quoted}](name=Ruse3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r0MLTjRq,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-03-08T03:57:54.615+0000) > > Forcing a champ to be really weak in the early stage of the game is really bad. If riot is constantly making games shorter with changes and buffs then why make a champ be super strong late game if there shouldn't be a late game. Her really bad early game costs so many matches due to her being an easy target where she cant even do what she is meant to do. You made it where she cant auto during her ult , that ruins the point of late game kayle where she can throw tons of damage without being damaged. i have a feeling that they will change the ult, it just seems like one of those "riot experiments" that, like many of them, don't work out. if they just gave her aa when she ulted herself, it would help her laning/dueling alot.
: Yeah, unfortunately I don’t care about the mage problem of Demacia. So this lore season has so far been pretty “meh” for me. Cthulhu Bear was pretty interesting though.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RfnIQUje,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T14:09:28.071+0000) > > Yeah, unfortunately I don’t care about the mage problem of Demacia. So this lore season has so far been pretty “meh” for me. > > Cthulhu Bear was pretty interesting though. o yeah that shit was awesome. i really want more noxus/bligwater stuff, but demacia mage war is pretty fucking sweet to my ears, so i'll take it.
: They made her more appealing and "interesting" to the player base. And that thing alone damaged her previously established character. It's dumb and nonsensical but it serves that purpose they wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-08T14:06:13.717+0000) > > They made her more appealing and "interesting" to the player base. And that thing alone damaged her previously established character. > It's dumb and nonsensical but it serves that purpose they wanted. how. walk me through it, how did they make her more "interesting". its true that kayle was turned from a sympathetic arbiter into angel judge dredd. but they did not make her alluring, or forwardly sexual. they literally gave her sleeker armor, and a cloth onezie under her armor. your post is the perfect show of the shit i don't get. WHAT made her "sexier" don't just CLAIM she is, or that riot made her that way. WHAT did they DO?
Moody P (NA)
: Garen is an icon of LOL but a person who only spectates pros would never know he exists
thats not a problem for garen, its a problem with pro-play. pro-play is all about play-make champs or snow-ballers. garen is a hard tank, with no CC, and can kill one person at an ok rate, and everyone else at a not ok rate. he does not fit the "pro" play style, and if he did then he would be nowhere near the garen we all know and love.
: Fair enough. We’ll see. I’m not really interested in Lux so I’m sitting out the first round. Maybe next might interest me more.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RfnIQUje,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:43:13.097+0000) > > Fair enough. We’ll see. I’m not really interested in Lux so I’m sitting out the first round. Maybe next might interest me more. to be fair, the book is going to be about demacia, and most likely the mage revolution. THAT is why i am looking forward too it.
iTiltr (NA)
: Ranked System fix???
not a bad idea, but then again i would rather just do away with positional ranking as a whole. also the main thing folks would do is just play fill/supp, then flood LP into the role they want to get higher, and then you have folks that have no right to be playing adc in gold, feeding, and dropping again.
GROMMI (NA)
: I personally think the game is in a great spot.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:09:52.602+0000) > > "and yet their reason for ''gameplay clairty'' doesn't hold up to ingame gameplay clarity, their reason was ''well not a tank so shouldn't have armor'' and yet I listed several examples of either tanks not having armor or non tanks having armor so that's clearly a bogus reason and not true." > > they don't ONLY give tanks armor, of course not. its just that bulky full-plate armor is an easy way to make a bulky profile. > {{champion:201}} does not need armor because he IS bulky with a large build and HUGE shield. > {{champion:82}} is a null example due to the fact that he is a WAY older champ, and was made in a time when riot did not have/need this design philosophy. > {{champion:10}} herself IS WEARING ARMOR, its just sleek, and dexterous. it is not bulky, because bulky profile = tanky champ. > > "when a champion first pops on screen you can't tell anything from them, be they wearing armor or not, that's the thing with first encounters, you're in the unknown no matter what the champion looks like." > > league is not a game about "the unknown", its a game about knowledge, quick-thinking, and shot calling. if you legit can't tell who the champ is when they pop on screen, then ether riot designed kayle the way you wanted, or you are just bad and have not played the game long enough to memorize champ profiles. > > this is not dead by daylight or some hide and seek game, you are TOLD who your opponents are even BEFORE the game starts. > this is a very poor point that is just silly. > > "considering how big the wings are and how big leona her shield is, yeah, the difference can very easily be made, like I said, you're the first to find leona and kayle near identical ever since the release of leona, the 2 champions look completely different." > > speaking of putting words in mouths, you are quite keen on that are you not? > > i never said leona and kayle were "near identical", i said that their profiles were similar, or would look very similar if kayle looked the way you wanted and that is why riot made the changes that they did to the new kayle. > > > "if you want to argue very similar then syndra and diana fit that bill way better than kayle and leona who only don't have much in common" > > syndra has a straight and tall profile. diana has a "prowling" posture that goes forward. > also the color palettes are way different, syndra having dark and purple. > diana having moonglow and even soft yellow for her abilities. > > its not the big things that make a silhouette stand out, its EVERY little small thing. why would braum not need armor? he's supposed to be a tank yet goes to war with his entire chest exposed, you don't look at an exposed chest and think ''ah, I'm sure his niples will absorb damage well'' what I'm saying is if a new player sees a champion for the first time obviously it will be unknown, only then would someone confuse leona for kayle, but since they are a new player they may confuse allot of champions with other champions. Like you said game is about knowledge and if you even have a little bit if knowledge you wouldn't confuse leona for kayle. ''i know this may be because i am a dumbass, but when the eclipse skin came out for leona, i would confuse her with kayle for just a split sec when she was in the corner of my eye.'' ''you CAN'T safely give kayle full plate anymore, her profile would look WAY to close to leona's. ON TOP of the fact that they have very close palettes.'' she wouldn't look identical or WAY to close to kayle, as you mentioned earlier as there are plenty of differences kayle and leona have more differences then syndra and diana. kayle is red and yellow - leona is gold and purple kayle is almost entirely covered from head to toe in armor - leona has armored skirt, metal breast protection and metal bits on her head kayle flies - leona walks on the ground leona has a sword and shield - kayle has a single sword kayle holds her sword different from leona leona holds sword in right hand kayle holds sword in left hand you argue color palettes are the same yet argue against it with syndra due to ''abilities'' but that wasn't the argument with kayle, with syndra and diana they look so similar that riot had to remove diana her helmet because they just looked so darn similar
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:32:09.320+0000) > > why would braum not need armor? he's supposed to be a tank yet goes to war with his entire chest exposed, you don't look at an exposed chest and think ''ah, I'm sure his niples will absorb damage well'' > > what I'm saying is if a new player sees a champion for the first time obviously it will be unknown, only then would someone confuse leona for kayle, but since they are a new player they may confuse allot of champions with other champions. > Like you said game is about knowledge and if you even have a little bit if knowledge you wouldn't confuse leona for kayle. > > ''i know this may be because i am a dumbass, but when the eclipse skin came out for leona, i would confuse her with kayle for just a split sec when she was in the corner of my eye.'' > > ''you CAN'T safely give kayle full plate anymore, her profile would look WAY to close to leona's. ON TOP of the fact that they have very close palettes.'' > > she wouldn't look identical or WAY to close to kayle, as you mentioned earlier as there are plenty of differences > > kayle and leona have more differences then syndra and diana. > > kayle is red and yellow - leona is gold and purple > > kayle is almost entirely covered from head to toe in armor - leona has armored skirt, metal breast protection and metal bits on her head > > kayle flies - leona walks on the ground > > leona has a sword and shield - kayle has a single sword > > kayle holds her sword different from leona > > leona holds sword in right hand kayle holds sword in left hand > > you argue color palettes are the same yet argue against it with syndra due to ''abilities'' but that wasn't the argument with kayle, with syndra and diana they look so similar that riot had to remove diana her helmet because they just looked so darn similar hey...you made some good points! nice. but overall i just got off work and we could talk about this till the moon turns blue, but i really need some sleep. sorry if i came off as a dick, did not mean to be overly hostile. friendly "agree to disagree"?
: How did they make Morgana worse? She went from wearing a bra 10 sizes too small and a skirt that looks like its going to fall off any minute to a backless dress. I agree with Kayle, though. Bodysuits aren't sexy, and it doesn't make her look sexy. And her losing her neck/shoulder covering and helm when she levels isn't that bad, yet people act like she's completely stripping naked. I really don't understand the extreme hate for it and massive amounts of complaints. I don't necessarily like the loss of her armor either, but jumping on the "she's a slut" train isn't going to solve any issues.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-08T12:51:06.127+0000) > > How did they make Morgana worse? She went from wearing a bra 10 sizes too small and a skirt that looks like its going to fall off any minute to a backless dress. > > I agree with Kayle, though. Bodysuits aren't sexy, and it doesn't make her look sexy. And her losing her neck/shoulder covering and helm when she levels isn't that bad, yet people act like she's completely stripping naked. I really don't understand the extreme hate for it and massive amounts of complaints. > I don't necessarily like the loss of her armor either, but jumping on the "she's a slut" train isn't going to solve any issues. never said they made morg worse, in fact i love what they did with morg. 100% agree. i know its not fair to throw all the folks in a pile, but JEEEEEZ some folks are just saying "SeX SeLlS My DuDe" with no other point or opinion to show that she has been "sexulized".
: Eh. I’d argue on how good the world building is. Despite a rather excellent map, the nations, technology, social structures, and magic system seem pretty hacked together to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=RfnIQUje,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-08T12:54:05.416+0000) > > Eh. I’d argue on how good the world building is. Despite a rather excellent map, the nations, technology, social structures, and magic system seem pretty hacked together to me. yes, its nothing mindblowing. but put in the hand of a good fantasy writer, and you could get some pretty good books from this shit.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T10:52:12.370+0000) > > yes, gameplay clarity. its a thing. > > it is a thing that riot designers care about so you know what a champ is when it first pops on screen. > > you can't tell easily tell if a champ is flying when they first pop on screen. > > you can't easily tell what a champ is holding in their hand when they first walk on screen. > > riot is doing their job by making SURE that the profiles and silhouettes are nowhere near one champ to another. and yet their reason for ''gameplay clairty'' doesn't hold up to ingame gameplay clarity, their reason was ''well not a tank so shouldn't have armor'' and yet I listed several examples of either tanks not having armor or non tanks having armor so that's clearly a bogus reason and not true. when a champion first pops on screen you can't tell anything from them, be they wearing armor or not, that's the thing with first encounters, you're in the unknown no matter what the champion looks like. considering how big the wings are and how big leona her shield is, yeah, the difference can very easily be made, like I said, you're the first to find leona and kayle near identical ever since the release of leona, the 2 champions look completely different. if you want to argue very similar then syndra and diana fit that bill way better than kayle and leona who only don't have much in common
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T12:24:55.316+0000) > > and yet their reason for ''gameplay clairty'' doesn't hold up to ingame gameplay clarity, their reason was ''well not a tank so shouldn't have armor'' and yet I listed several examples of either tanks not having armor or non tanks having armor so that's clearly a bogus reason and not true. > > when a champion first pops on screen you can't tell anything from them, be they wearing armor or not, that's the thing with first encounters, you're in the unknown no matter what the champion looks like. > > considering how big the wings are and how big leona her shield is, yeah, the difference can very easily be made, like I said, you're the first to find leona and kayle near identical ever since the release of leona, the 2 champions look completely different. > > if you want to argue very similar then syndra and diana fit that bill way better than kayle and leona who only don't have much in common "and yet their reason for ''gameplay clairty'' doesn't hold up to ingame gameplay clarity, their reason was ''well not a tank so shouldn't have armor'' and yet I listed several examples of either tanks not having armor or non tanks having armor so that's clearly a bogus reason and not true." they don't ONLY give tanks armor, of course not. its just that bulky full-plate armor is an easy way to make a bulky profile. {{champion:201}} does not need armor because he IS bulky with a large build and HUGE shield. {{champion:82}} is a null example due to the fact that he is a WAY older champ, and was made in a time when riot did not have/need this design philosophy. {{champion:10}} herself IS WEARING ARMOR, its just sleek, and dexterous. it is not bulky, because bulky profile = tanky champ. "when a champion first pops on screen you can't tell anything from them, be they wearing armor or not, that's the thing with first encounters, you're in the unknown no matter what the champion looks like." league is not a game about "the unknown", its a game about knowledge, quick-thinking, and shot calling. if you legit can't tell who the champ is when they pop on screen, then ether riot designed kayle the way you wanted, or you are just bad and have not played the game long enough to memorize champ profiles. this is not dead by daylight or some hide and seek game, you are TOLD who your opponents are even BEFORE the game starts. this is a very poor point that is just silly. "considering how big the wings are and how big leona her shield is, yeah, the difference can very easily be made, like I said, you're the first to find leona and kayle near identical ever since the release of leona, the 2 champions look completely different." speaking of putting words in mouths, you are quite keen on that are you not? i never said leona and kayle were "near identical", i said that their profiles were similar, or would look very similar if kayle looked the way you wanted and that is why riot made the changes that they did to the new kayle. "if you want to argue very similar then syndra and diana fit that bill way better than kayle and leona who only don't have much in common" syndra has a straight and tall profile. diana has a "prowling" posture that goes forward. also the color palettes are way different, syndra having dark and purple. diana having moonglow and even soft yellow for her abilities. its not the big things that make a silhouette stand out, its EVERY little small thing.
Pupel (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cU0sHTZo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-08T09:56:44.296+0000) > > kayle ult at level 1: 160s cd. cant aa until ass-end of the effect itself. > > tryndamere ult at level 1: 110s cd. still gets aa, and last longer. > > seems fair. This is a noob trap. If you start comparing ability to ability of different champs lots of things seem unfair. Tryn also cant ult other people and his ult doesn't do damage so just right there its not a equal comparison
> [{quoted}](name=Pupel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cU0sHTZo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-08T11:25:11.166+0000) > > This is a noob trap. If you start comparing ability to ability of different champs lots of things seem unfair. Tryn also cant ult other people and his ult doesn't do damage so just right there its not a equal comparison fair point.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T08:06:49.137+0000) > > THANK YOU. now THAT is the kind of answer i was looking for! > > ok, so your main problem is that kayle was changed lore-wise and that bleed into her design? > > do you like the new kayle lore? or kayle's new "judge dredd" like personality? My main gripe with her rework will always lie with her new apperance, but her new lore and personality is indeed a minor nuisance. Whereas she was once a being with remorse and regret for doing what she does, and even felt pity and tried to redeem those she fought against, she is now a stubborn, unforgiving perfectionist that lets no slight go unnoticed. It's not a drastic change, but it still adds salt to injury to the character she once was.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T11:12:40.078+0000) > > My main gripe with her rework will always lie with her new apperance, but her new lore and personality is indeed a minor nuisance. > > Whereas she was once a being with remorse and regret for doing what she does, and even felt pity and tried to redeem those she fought against, she is now a stubborn, unforgiving perfectionist that lets no slight go unnoticed. > > It's not a drastic change, but it still adds salt to injury to the character she once was. yeah i agree, new kayle and morg lore kinda leaves very little sympathy for kayle. just seems like kayle is "lawful evil" thinking that she is "lawful good", but morg is chaotic good, and THINKS she is chaotic good. kinda sucks that they gave one the sympathy and not both, would have been a GREAT platform for some philosophical stories and such. thank you for the solid answers, you really have opened my mind too looking at this deeper.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wgqEWqbg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-07T18:07:24.359+0000) > > how to fix it yourself. > step 1: buy {{item:3146}} > step 2: gg > > if you could not survive in lane long enough too earn the gold to buy said {{item:3146}}, > play a brain-dead champ like {{champion:122}} > or a champ with the succ like {{champion:8}} > > healing off of q was not akali's "thing", buying {{item:3146}} was...and going invis bc of smoke. Your stupid to think that Akali never had healing. Her signature things that make her unique wasn't her stupid shroud, it was her heal and triple dash.
> [{quoted}](name=VolatileAkali,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wgqEWqbg,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-08T10:47:44.331+0000) > > Your stupid to think that Akali never had healing. Her signature things that make her unique wasn't her stupid shroud, it was her heal and triple dash. yes...3 dashes...what would the world do if a snowball ap/hybrid assassin did not have...3...dashes... there is a reason they took that away, and make you have to earn your gap-closes now.
MS exceI (EUNE)
: New lore is just as bad as the old one but for different reasons
new lore has the foundation of good world-build and story-telling (the short stories they put out are shockingly good). old lore was next to nothing, like a badly written D&D world where the DM wrote a book instead of telling a story. it was all bones, no meat. i am personally looking forward to the book they have coming out soon. and i never thought i'd say that about a MOBA's lore.
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T08:34:36.130+0000) > > i did not put words in your mouth, i said it just FEELS (as in it is from my perspective) that folks seem to be out-raged over a design and attacking with next to no form of construction for what can make it better, or even what is wrong. > > you CAN'T safely give kayle full plate anymore, her profile would look WAY to close to leona's. ON TOP of the fact that they have very close palettes. > > getting rid of her "hourglass" with armor would infringe on that profile. > > also with the fact that leona is a CC tank, and so bulky plate armor, just by looking at her, you can tell she has alot of HP and armor stats. > > plate armor on kayle would make no sense, she pops like a balloon. she has next to no tank stats, and is a DPS AP attack carry. > as such, she would need a sleek design that fits into her DEX-based, lightning fast, sword sweeping. > > if you are going to attack the designers, you need to keep in mind what they do for the design and the process. many solutions have been given, many photoshops have been given to show what kayle could look like, all ignored. you most certainly can, if 2 chicks wearing armor is the same to you and too identical then I don't even know what to say to you, guess we can never have more than 1 chick in armor then. riot already provided that ''argument'' saying it's for ''gameplay clarity'' so I guess we should start by changing the following champions then by either adding armor or removing armor so people think/don't think they are a tank: {{champion:12}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:238}} the argument is terrible and doesn't hold up in the slightest. leona doesn't fly, leona doesn't have wings, leona doesn't have ranged attacks, kayle doesn't have a shield, if this is too similar to leona then congratz, you're the first person I've heard since the release of leona that says leona looks too much like kayle
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4MJQxIX7,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T10:31:45.296+0000) > > many solutions have been given, many photoshops have been given to show what kayle could look like, all ignored. > > you most certainly can, if 2 chicks wearing armor is the same to you and too identical then I don't even know what to say to you, guess we can never have more than 1 chick in armor then. > > riot already provided that ''argument'' saying it's for ''gameplay clarity'' so I guess we should start by changing the following champions then by either adding armor or removing armor so people think/don't think they are a tank: > > {{champion:12}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:238}} > > the argument is terrible and doesn't hold up in the slightest. > > leona doesn't fly, leona doesn't have wings, leona doesn't have ranged attacks, kayle doesn't have a shield, if this is too similar to leona then congratz, you're the first person I've heard since the release of leona that says leona looks too much like kayle yes, gameplay clarity. its a thing. it is a thing that riot designers care about so you know what a champ is when it first pops on screen. you can't tell easily tell if a champ is flying when they first pop on screen. you can't easily tell what a champ is holding in their hand when they first walk on screen. riot is doing their job by making SURE that the profiles and silhouettes are nowhere near one champ to another.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainB00,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tKX1EE7X,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-08T09:41:51.979+0000) > > When someone starts insulting me in chat, unprovoked, I feel a strong desire to punish them in some fashion. If a 150kg gorilla insulted you, would you want to punch it? No, you wouldn't. You'd be very afraid actually. For one because gorillas are stronger than you, but also because gorillas usually don't speak. That's how I deal with it. Everyone that insults me is a gorilla and I don't mess with gorillas. They can ape around for all I care.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tKX1EE7X,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-08T09:53:38.025+0000) > > If a 150kg gorilla insulted you, would you want to punch it? No, you wouldn't. You'd be very afraid actually. For one because gorillas are stronger than you, but also because gorillas usually don't speak. > > That's how I deal with it. Everyone that insults me is a gorilla and I don't mess with gorillas. They can ape around for all I care. these are the words of a true hero.
: Is there a reason that Kayle's rank 1 ult has one of the longest CD's in the game?
kayle ult at level 1: 160s cd. cant aa until ass-end of the effect itself. tryndamere ult at level 1: 110s cd. still gets aa, and last longer. seems fair.
: Season 9 Ranked system
i'm just sticking with flex right now, the games are shockingly balanced and even. solo-Q is fucked this season, so i'd just leave it.
Quepha (NA)
: Armor can look sleek and still fully cover her without an obviously fanservicey look, plenty of player created alternate versions like miles better than what we actually got. Her wings define her silhouette more anyways, the latex midriff is just blatant. Just because the rework was needed doesn't mean the most iconic part of her visual thematic had to be jettisoned. The fact that it's a rework means that it should actually be preserved. Fuck Riot for giving so little of a shit about their players.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T09:06:21.607+0000) > > Armor can look sleek and still fully cover her without an obviously fanservicey look, plenty of player created alternate versions like miles better than what we actually got. Her wings define her silhouette more anyways, the latex midriff is just blatant. > > Just because the rework was needed doesn't mean the most iconic part of her visual thematic had to be jettisoned. The fact that it's a rework means that it should actually be preserved. Fuck Riot for giving so little of a shit about their players. she does have sleek armor, now i agree that the odd cod-piece thing around her crouch is...odd... but she DOES have armor, and its not really a "midriff" if it is covered up. the wings are not going to be seen at a glance, that is the point of a profile. plenty of artists can make alternate versions, but they did not have to work under ever condition riot designers did. the artist had the goal of "making a better kayle from their perspective", riot had at least one goal for every person and designer working on her. its very easy to come up with what can make kayle look better, but that job becomes at least 10 times harder for riot when they have too do it. because they are not just a lone artist.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-08T08:22:47.152+0000) > > but how is it bad is why i am asking. > > what, too you, stands out. * General character diversity: There's already a lot of traditionally sexy ladies, if you line all the female characters up many of them have very similar body types and very similar faces. Kayle's new body type and costume make her seem like just another one of the girls instead of being her own champion. * Kayle as an established character: The old Kayle has been around for something like 9 years and had a silhouette dominated by the form of her armor that whole time. A lot of players initially didn't realize she was a she until they heard her spoke and that served as an iconic memory of Kayle and her visual thematics. * Kayle as a contrast to her sister: Morgana is and always has been sexy (this is also why there's little to no criticism of the new Morgana, sexy seems right for her) and she and Kayle are supposed to contrast heavily: Light and Dark, Hot and Cold, Order and Chaos, Restrained and Hedonistic, Wholesome and Sexy. It's ridiculous that Rioters were going around Reddit today saying they care about thematic cohesion for characters in reference to Kayle when she demonstrates their complete failure in that direction.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WaQXnokg,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T08:47:13.520+0000) > > * General character diversity: There's already a lot of traditionally sexy ladies, if you line all the female characters up many of them have very similar body types and very similar faces. Kayle's new body type and costume make her seem like just another one of the girls instead of being her own champion. > * Kayle as an established character: The old Kayle has been around for something like 9 years and had a silhouette dominated by the form of her armor that whole time. A lot of players initially didn't realize she was a she until they heard her spoke and that served as an iconic memory of Kayle and her visual thematics. > * Kayle as a contrast to her sister: Morgana is and always has been sexy (this is also why there's little to no criticism of the new Morgana, sexy seems right for her) and she and Kayle are supposed to contrast heavily: Light and Dark, Hot and Cold, Order and Chaos, Restrained and Hedonistic, Wholesome and Sexy. > > It's ridiculous that Rioters were going around Reddit today saying they care about thematic cohesion for characters in reference to Kayle when she demonstrates their complete failure in that direction. first point: i understand, but don't fully agree. i think that kayle is "beautiful", but not sexy. i just dont see kayle on the same platform as say MF, or even morg. but i do understand where you are coming from second point: kayle's rework was something that HAD to happen, just like with all champs (unless you are {{champion:82}}) and they needed to give kayle a profile that would make her stand out in a glance. so they made her look more nimble and sleek to fit with her DPS AP attack carry profile. giving her bulky armor would contrast with leona's profile, that on top of the fact that they both share a color palette, and thats a big no-no when designing a profile for a character. third point: they still have that contrast. but, once again, i understand.
sAyCo (EUNE)
: Does anybody know why they don't ban or pick Kayle in LCS, LEC, LCK, Etc..
most likely they dont want to paint a target on their back by playing kayle and getting there tower targeted. in pro-play? jesus kayle would get stomped with no remorse. why play kayle, who is a late game carry, and only really good when she hits 11? when you could play a snowball champ, with every pro of a late-game kayle but none of the cons?
Exibir mais

KaibaNotAFriend

Nível 118 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão