: Unironically, I wouldn't put it past the company to fine him for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Aroma1989,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T16:14:30.736+0000) > > Unironically, I wouldn't put it past the company to fine him for it. That'll put them in the same boat as Blizzard.
: Im being serious delete your thread, Tencent is extremely anti Hong Kong they would really remove the boards if this shit starts getting too much attention as much as it sucks
> [{quoted}](name=AlterMordred,realm=EUNE,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:07:28.707+0000) > > Im being serious delete your thread, Tencent is extremely anti Hong Kong they would really remove the boards if this shit starts getting too much attention as much as it sucks So let's bring more attention to it and we can prove that at least one other company says "how high?" when china says "jump".
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vEnyNtOA,comment-id=000d00010000,timestamp=2019-10-07T11:41:53.789+0000) > > He got Permabanned because he already allegedly had 14-day ban not by this case alone Yeah, so? Because someone gets a 14 day means that they have to be put on Riot's watchlist? This ban even proves a point that context does matter. Before everyone starts screeching "you typed those words so its your problem" the phrase "0 help from jungler" wasn't even malicious. He pointed out that he won lane without the help of the jungler. Something a system cannot differentiate.
> [{quoted}](name=Nazgul10,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vEnyNtOA,comment-id=000d000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T14:00:43.600+0000) > > Yeah, so? Because someone gets a 14 day means that they have to be put on Riot's watchlist? Pretty much. You put one toe out of line after a 2 weeks ban, and you're gone. You've already had your chances by that point.
Kai Guy (NA)
: The game is 2d. X and Y only. To animate around models creates issues with their animations and inconsistencies in game. What Qveen is saying is accurate. Because Hitboxes need to be consistent that makes them geometric shapes rather then outlines. Edit. Replied to wrong poster. Doh.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TiRZ2s9T,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-02T18:04:37.564+0000) > > The game is 2d. X and Y only. To animate around models creates issues with their animations and inconsistencies in game. > > What Qveen is saying is accurate. Because Hitboxes need to be consistent that makes them geometric shapes rather then outlines. > > Edit. Replied to wrong poster. Doh. They're always going to look a bit fucked up because even though you're right, your view is at a 3D angle.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9X4omvJc,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-10-02T15:32:28.261+0000) > > Go watch the seasons 1-4 championship games. I literally played this video game in season 4 and it is exactly the same now to then.
That's memory filtered through slowly changing perception. Go watch the S4 worlds final, then go watch the one from last year, one right after the other. The pace change is unmistakable.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: and try to not fall asleep
Huh, can't say I ever had that problem considering I watched all of those live. Kids these days smh
mack9112 (NA)
: I don’t understand how there can be a ‘ fast ‘ meta or a ‘ slow ‘ meta. Team compositions are what dictate a games pace be it lane dominating bullies or strong hypercarries that require scaling. Both exist and work in the current league of legends format.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9X4omvJc,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-10-02T03:39:14.994+0000) > > I don’t understand how there can be a ‘ fast ‘ meta or a ‘ slow ‘ meta. Go watch the seasons 1-4 championship games.
Zeyphel (NA)
: How do you classify a champion like Rengar who has tons of damage and is reliable?
> [{quoted}](name=Zeyphel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tU9grzBH,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-10-02T14:42:23.474+0000) > > How do you clasify a champion like Rengar who has tons of damage and is reliable? OP didn't think about that in his passive-aggressive sniping at that one guy known as the boards.
Bârd (NA)
: Guys, you can't have both ways.
>This isn't a super complicated concept, but the Boards can't wrap their heads around it. You know what's not a super complicated concept? "The Boards" isn't one person and it isn't fair to generalize.
: Actually I agree that that hit. It just looks stupid cause the animation does not match the hit box.
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TiRZ2s9T,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-01T23:35:46.351+0000) > > Actually I agree that that hit. It just looks stupid cause the animation does not match the hit box. And this can't be fixed, why?
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Point 1, there are only 4 hooks in the game. Thresh, Blitz, Pyke, Nautilus. Manipulating enemy champion positioning is also a valuable mechanic to play around with and making it not exceed Darius' range? What? Making champions that have to dance around a juggernaut's range? Are you insane? Maybe we can also make everyone melee too since range can also be the deciding factor in terms of engagement. Point 2, you're supposed to have options in countering defense, no matter the damage type. You can't just auto-tank your way to victory and have no way of stopping the unstoppable force in the making, if the game drags on to their core builds to perfectly solidify their defense. People are not properly itemizing against physical damage, i rarely see Thornmail being built or Randuin's against a core Marksman team comps. Point 3, there's no need to buff tank defense and also nerf the damage. Do i think damage overall needs to be reduced? Maybe. Point 4, are you saying that Riot putting first turret armor and reducing team gold didn't help, despite these changes being exactly what was asked of Riot at that point in time? I'm sorry but the laning phase isn't supposed to last for 30 minutes and the games shouldn't end in 60 minutes on average. If there's a clear team or champion that's ahead, this should be a known, visible and inpactful fact in the game so that everyone knows where they stand. If one team is clearly ahead, the game should end sooner rather than later and not drag along and still not have a win condition for the losing team that's being led to believe that there is a chance for a comeback, only to waste another 15 minutes and lose anyway.
>Point 2...People are not properly itemizing against physical damage, i rarely see Thornmail being built or Randuin's against a core Marksman team comps. The game has become so bursty there's usually little reason to build defensively. Your gold is better spent on MOAR DAMAGE, and that goes double with lethality and true damage. >Point 4, are you saying that Riot putting first turret armor Didn't that just serve to throw *even more* gold around? If they were just plates that had some regen (and more than a pitiful amount - minutes at lategame) when left alone, that would be one thing, but now, they had to throw even more gold around. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. >If one team is clearly ahead, the game should end sooner rather than later and not drag along and still not have a win condition for the losing team that's being led to believe that there is a chance for a comeback, Shit like this has gone too far and it's one of the reasons people are so keen to get out of matches faster even if it means AFKing. If you're anything below dead even, there's little point to playing it out since statistically, you're fucked.
: I mean sure, it's definitely a good buff, but it was just a 100 range increase. Everything that makes blitz annoying has been there for a while, the 100 is nice but it's not what makes him stupid to play against.
100 range increase is enough to allow him to hook buffs while standing in the river. That's pretty stupid tbh.
Tayzzer (NA)
: Honestly I think you are crazy if you want to lower the skill cap. High skill cap is the best feature of league imo. Rioters reading this dont think we all agree plz theres lots of us who like complex mechanics
> [{quoted}](name=Tayzzer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mvXXpyQr,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-09-30T16:11:21.437+0000) > > Honestly I think you are crazy if you want to lower the skill cap. High skill cap is the best feature of league imo. Rioters reading this dont think we all agree plz theres lots of us who like complex mechanics Nothing wrong with high skill cap. It's when the skill floor is low that people get upset. (Akali diving under turrets with no consequence, Yasuo getting to block projectiles and delete ults even when he casts the wrong way or getting placed out of turret range, Pyke with point-and-click gold generation.) All of those things serve to reduce the skill floor.
: > extreamly unfair and unfun LMAOOO the elo of the boards is insanely low, if you think blitz was UNFAIR before the change. After the change hes no different. People are just playing him more because of a "quality of life buff"and the low elo gods who cant dodge hooks have to face more blitzs so they cry more. The buff has done virtually nothing for him.
> [{quoted}](name=ChrisBrownze,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p8gqm5FU,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-09-30T02:35:10.987+0000) > > After the change hes no different. Pre-change Blitz couldn't pull blue/red from the river.
TyRamos (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MmmyHA8W,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-27T00:08:36.669+0000) > > Because there are a lot of people like me who don't play ranked but have very high normal MMRs. The problem of high-skilled players facing low-skilled players in normals goes away once those high-skilled players play some games. The problem that would exist of people like me facing low-skilled players in normal wouldn't ever go away. Yeah but there could be some initial splashing of mmr and then adjustment from there as you play norms.
> [{quoted}](name=TyRamos,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MmmyHA8W,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-09-27T06:05:06.841+0000) > > Yeah but there could be some initial splashing of mmr and then adjustment from there as you play norms. Which would make logical sense. A challenger Irelia onetrick doesn't forget all of their muscle memory, macro, and so forth just because they clicked "normal" instead of "ranked", and that applies even if they play a role they're not used to. A challenger toplane onetrick will play, at least, mid-to-high diamond in an offrole.
Gall (NA)
: Real reason is because high elo players who know about 2/3 of all the people they play with (D1+) would abuse the system by reporting or blocking certain players, therefore "rigging" the system. Imagine if every high elo player reported T1 or Tarzaned (skilled "toxic" players); then no one would ever play with them and they would literally never get into a game. A system that's fair is a system that isn't fair for everyone all the time. That's every single rule, regulation, and law ever made.
> [{quoted}](name=Gall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IHbN6oUa,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-27T13:31:19.977+0000) > > Real reason is because high elo players who know about 2/3 of all the people they play with (D1+) would abuse the system by reporting or blocking certain players, So instead of handling this unique class of abuse that is only relevant to the top few percent of the playerbase, we're all stuck dealing with trolls because god fucking forbid that solutions are tailored to the problems. Typical fucking riot.
: I hope Riot learns something from this season
Oh they learned, alright. They learned that they don't have to invest substantial effort on this game anymore, in favor of lame gacha cash grabs. Worse, people pay for this shit.
C9 Scott (NA)
: That's obviously fake.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Scott,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000d0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-23T23:28:25.715+0000) > > That's obviously fake. Go look up the S1 box art. Nothing fake about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ERe4fPaT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T04:39:38.850+0000) > > No you didn't, you got suspended for breaking the rules and flaming your teammates. Oh so informing them that they LOST because they IGNORED THE OBJECTIVES of an OBJECTIVE BASED GAME is flaming. Oh sorry for not giving them the proper asspats they wanted "way to go, we lost the entire match, but thats ok because look at those 20+ kills you managed to farm up" > > There's no way you got punished for just saying "Double digit kills aren't important!" and I'll bet money on that. Yeah, I told them that they lost the match because they decided thier "double digit kills" are more important. and every single time all I get back are "you need kills to win" So they use that as an excuse to farm kills, never touch enemy towers becuase "you need kills for gold, and gold is how you win" and I tell them "the game doesnt give a fuck how many kills you have. When the enemy takes our nexus, Its over. YOU LOSE. > Now, I understand the allure of throwing out the usual "snowflake/SJW/beta/liberal/etc" but "Call of Duty snowflake community"? Because much like the pathetic call of duty toddlers, this community is so coddled and wrapped up in themselves they throw the mother of all shitfits if they dont have "most kills" These kids will grind the entire game to a halt even on the verge of winning because someone ELSE got more kills than them, and then they cry about "you stole my kill!" Rather than just keep going they drop to the ground and start kicking and screaming because someone else got a kill they "Called dibbs on" (aka Killstealing") > > ...what? Have you ever played Call of Duty before? It's literally as far away from a "snowflake" community as you can get (if that were even a thing, which it's not.) Yeah I played call of duty, shallow, self entitled little snowflakes who think the entire game revolves around them. toddlers who never got told "No, you are not the center of the universe" > > Every game has self-centered players who don't understand the concept of objectives. and yet when people try to point this out in league, we get told to "Stfu, u dont know how to play the game" and punished for pointing out that if you ignore the enemy towers...SPOILER ALERT!: YOU LOSE THE MATCH. The game doesnt give a fuck about the sweet 37/2 kda you farmed up or the 5 "ez pentakill" you did to show how "better than thou" you are to your "trash team". When the enemy takes towers, dragons, Nexus. YOU LOSE! and yet people like me who point this out are told to "stfu and get carried kid" because "look at ur kills, ur trash". So yeah, as I said, Grinding up another account, and another, and another. I have nothing better to do. I have had a couple games where people realised "oh fuck, I got 18 kills and we are still losing" and they managed to wake up a bit and start focusing towers. But most of the games are ego kids who are only concerned about thier "big plays" and how many "more kills than u" they have. and Riot does absolutely fuck all to actually try and tell people that "you only win by taking nexus, you only get to nexus through towers" instead they just throw a skin at any problem. So yeah, Riot coddles an idiot sheep community. and wonders why it breeds "trolls" Have a lovely Defeat! > > Welcome to online gaming.
> [{quoted}](name=Freaktory,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ERe4fPaT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T04:56:32.568+0000) > > -words- Post chatlogs or you're full of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:14:41.764+0000) > > Alright, I'll bite. How would **you** design the system, given the following criteria: > > 1) Your system can have no false positives at all. > 2) Your system has to be looking at behaviour patterns, not item purchases. > 3) Your system has to be completely automatic. > > Given that, what would you have it look for? > > If a high school student can do it... surely you can, right? I love how people thumbsed down this without replying. lol Come on, don't chicken out. The OP didn't chicken out, the rest of you who downvoted should do the same - try to provide your set of checks and balances. If you can't do it, then stop complaining about how easy it must be. Followup note: I am not trying to claim Riot is doing a good job. Nor am I going to say they're not. I'm just saying... if you all think its so easy... do it up. Tell me what you want it to check for. Because I'm sure if you ACTUALLY have an answer, and one that fits the important criteria... we can probably pitch it to Riot - and other MOBA developers - for a good chunk of change. Every MOBA dev would love to find the magic formula.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=00190001,timestamp=2019-09-20T21:03:59.429+0000) > > I love how people thumbsed down this without replying. lol > > Come on, don't chicken out. The OP didn't chicken out, the rest of you who downvoted should do the same - try to provide your set of checks and balances. > > If you can't do it, then stop complaining about how easy it must be. > > Followup note: I am not trying to claim Riot is doing a good job. Nor am I going to say they're not. I'm just saying... if you all think its so easy... do it up. Tell me what you want it to check for. Because I'm sure if you ACTUALLY have an answer, and one that fits the important criteria... we can probably pitch it to Riot - and other MOBA developers - for a good chunk of change. Every MOBA dev would love to find the magic formula. 1: Zero false positives isn't a goal that can be achieved even in the IRL justice system, so that doesn't sound like a good reason to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If there is a false positive, that sounds like something that would generate a support ticket (and so human review) in the vast majority of cases. 2: Item purchases are important. Nobody does mass item sell-offs to purchase six of the same item for a legitimate reason. This is low-hanging fruit that can be easily picked. Shit like the image described in the OP shouldn't be possible. 3: Nah. There's no reason borderline cases can't be surfaced for a human (either riot, or a volunteer) to look at. I still maintain that if freaking CSGO can have Overwatch, we can have Tribunal in a form that fixes the problems of the old one. The presence of stuff like the image in the OP shows me that their fancy machine learning system has some blind spots so big a truck could drive through them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T02:54:31.402+0000) > > As far as toxicity goes, it's based on the local context. Korea is toxic by NA standards, but players over there are tolerant of higher levels of toxicity. They simply don't report for the same things. > > That being said, if soft-inting is an issue, then it would need to be solved, sure. We can speculate on different ways to do that - maybe a Tribunal-esque system that's gated by rank which filters the list so that only Riot employees only have to manually review the subset of reports actually deemed guilty, or maybe an algorithm that compares patterns in play by the same player to see when they're intentionally playing poorly. > > However, regardless of how the soft-inting is tackled "I need to smurf because sometimes I leave games when people are trolling" is not a valid reason to allow smurfing. Tribunal doesn't work. Nor did it with rewards. So, that's a wasted thought to be honest. Korea players do in fact actually report. You'd know that if you watched Cowsep at all. Riot Korea just literally does not care. In fact, the extreme majority of NA toxicity was adopted from korea toxicity and deemed appropriate by the populace, regretfully. As for by "na standards" virtually any player from any server widely agrees that korea is hilariously toxic. They will out right open mid on you and go afk over slight miss haps with 0 care. Also, again, algorithms cannot detect passive inting. The only reason players in game can even detect passive inting is because they knew the entire circumstance associated with it,and even then, it's virtually unproveable and can be criticized either way. Passive inting can be very easily associated with "miss play." Or "bad game." Which neither are punisheable offenses. And. Sense you cannot prove without a reasonable doubt that it was in fact a grief play due to the subtle nature it cannot be punished. Also, the reason players are allowed to smurf is because it's a free to play game that lets you have alternate accounts. Smurfing in itself is not bad in any way shape or form o.O so. I fail to understand where you assume that smurfing shouldn't be allowed. When, you know, almost every multiplayer game ever lets you do literally that. Do you feel Call of Duty should ban smurfing? It exists there too by the way.
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000a0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-20T12:33:24.364+0000) > > As for the phone number. In my time playing, I've had access to over 20 phone numbers. So, by default, I'm entitled to 20 accounts. I currently have access to 6 fresh numbers as it is now, soo technically I can have 26 accounts. How many of those numbers are VoIP (online/app-provided/etc) numbers that are mobile and not currently used by anyone else? Because DOTA won't accept any of those.
Kei143 (NA)
: Ah, the phone number is just for ranked and not for the whole game? That would certainly change the "p2p" definition.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000600000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T12:46:36.050+0000) > > Ah, the phone number is just for ranked and not for the whole game? That would certainly change the "p2p" definition. Yes. You can play casual games all day long. But even if they did, that wouldn't make the phone number requirement "pay to play" because, and this is the critical bit, *you aren't paying anything to play*.
D3caKill (EUW)
: first of it was just a question and u take it as a order, i literally just asked why dont push lane????? u really are a more toxic person than i am while nobody is even flaming u, and i was in a x10 worse situation than u right now, it is forbidden to ask why something is not been done while it should have done already? really any word u say or question in this game is taking as the worse tone possible then u can take everything as negative? i cant put a simple question? like why dont push lane when he is solo in lane for 5 mins straight? and 5 plates on?
> [{quoted}](name=D3caKill,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MAPZaYfO,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T15:20:32.581+0000) > > first of it was just a question and u take it as a order, i literally just asked why dont push lane????? Couching a demand as a question doesn't make it less of a demand. >u really are a more toxic person than i am while nobody is even flaming u, and i was in a x10 worse situation than u right now Somehow since season 2 or 3 I've managed to never, not one time, get so much as a chat restriction. So kindly miss me with that. >really any word u say or question in this game is taking as the worse tone possible then u can take everything as negative? Yeah because it's easy to take: >D3caKill: pls report teemo >D3caKill: keep flaming pls >D3caKill: is fun to flame some1 who 1 v 5 >D3caKill: loe elo macro >D3caKill: wtf is this team as anything other than positive or helpful. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Cmon man, you're smarter than that. Don't play at being this dumb. Or, yknow, you can keep doing what you're doing and just keep losing accounts. That power is entirely in your hands my dude.
: > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=F8qhHEGB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:35:40.972+0000) > > If you used hate speech yes, including but not limited to - racial or homophobic slurs or encouragements of self-harm. Didn't do any of those things
> [{quoted}](name=qIhMhHerman,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=F8qhHEGB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:37:56.948+0000) > > Didn't do any of those things You need to post your entire chat log then. There's a copy button on the window you screenshotted. Hit it and come back here.
D3caKill (EUW)
: a simple question and this league community taking it as flame and order? when im 1 v 3 mid and enemy top is missing top half the game, dont u think i have the rights to ask why he is not pushing lane and punish her roam?
> [{quoted}](name=D3caKill,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MAPZaYfO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:45:51.535+0000) > > a simple question and this league community taking it as flame and order? when im 1 v 3 mid and enemy top is missing top half the game, dont u think i have the rights to ask why he is not pushing lane and punish her roam? # **_No_**. You are not a pro coach, a teacher, a parent, or anyone with any kind of authority to be behaving like this. You can ask them to do something. You can't order them to do something and then get indignant when they don't. In this case, you didn't even bother to do that - you just went straight to bitching about their performance, something that has in the history of this game, never caused someone to start playing better. On top of all that, you were told three separate times on this account that your behavior was unacceptable. You're plat 4 with a sub-50% winrate. How would you like it if some dia 4 player kept a running commentary about how shit you were playing? You barely went over even in your KDA for crying out loud. Do you think them constantly bringing that up would improve your play, or would it just be tilt bait?
Kei143 (NA)
: I guess there's a difference in the value of the account when you have to p2p (needs phone number, and no duplicate accounts) compared to a f2p game. In LoL, 14-day bans / permabans don't seem to mean as much.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0006000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:56:02.372+0000) > > I guess there's a difference in the value of the account when you have to p2p (needs phone number, and no duplicate accounts) compared to a f2p game. > > In LoL, 14-day bans / permabans don't seem to mean as much. That's not what f2p/p2p means. Dota is a free to play game as well - the phone number is required only for ranked. No money changes hands as a result.
: "I'd rather have a toxic teammate than a bad one"
Trick question - toxic teammates are usually bad. They drag down the winrates of teams they're on. Give me four Iron 4 teammates any day. They can be taught.
Amaz (NA)
: Doesn't matter If I'm a coach or not its not bannable, sure complaining is toxic but fuck that it's easy to see shit from a outside perspective and saying I deserved to be banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Amaz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7Ewr3rs3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:37:40.504+0000) > > Doesn't matter If I'm a coach or not its not bannable The fact that you're posting here telling us you got permabanned (meaning you had three prior chances for the same stuff) says that it is.
: So they now have "perma" bans for toxic players which is something League has had since the beginning of time. Cool.
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-09-20T00:07:37.118+0000) > > So they now have "perma" bans for toxic players which is something League has had since the beginning of time. Cool. DOTA always shoved the excessively toxic into low priority queue (read: you only play with other people are were toxic, and you had to win your way out), but it sounds like now they're taking it a step further.
Amaz (NA)
: Hardstuck and Permabanned
>Slenderweargucci: but i say something once Slenderweargucci: and im the toxic one Bruh, you typed an entire fucking novel. You literally complained about everyone's performance all game long. I see a problem here, and that's that you think you're the shot caller. You're not. You're not a paid pro team coach, their teacher, parent, or anyone with any kind of authority. Knock that shit off. Your running commentary on how shit your teammates are won't make them play one iota better. Looking at this chat log, you absolutely deserved your ban.
: I guess you do not realize the chaos that change would make. It will not take 2 patches to fix the mess it would create
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENh4h2pZ,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T17:26:36.004+0000) > > I guess you do not realize the chaos that change would make. It will not take 2 patches to fix the mess it would create Since when do the people who make this game care if a change throws the game into chaos? Runes reforged, pre/mid season patches, and so forth.
Power Mac (EUW)
: This feels about as true as a metal fan lamenting that there aren't enough metal bands playing with distorted guitars. I don't know whether we've been visiting the same boards, but the majority of the posts here are "Riot sucks because...".
> [{quoted}](name=Power Mac,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENh4h2pZ,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-09-19T16:22:13.088+0000) > > This feels about as true as a metal fan lamenting that there aren't enough metal bands playing with distorted guitars. I don't know whether we've been visiting the same boards, but the majority of the posts here are "Riot sucks because...". Maybe there's a reason for that? Hmmm...
sp441 (NA)
: Eh, I'm gonna be real. I've been with this game for about 7 of those 10 years. And right about every year, we had a large section of the playbase crowing about how the game's about to die, how it's in the worst state it's ever been in, how Riot only cares about the LCMoney, and all that sort of stuff. I'm not saying that there isn't a kernel of truth to the above claims, or that it's all hysterical nonsense, but I feel that the Boards have kind of become an echo chamber of negativity where people vastly overblow the problems that the game has.
> [{quoted}](name=sp441,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JRN5dELl,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:47:11.920+0000) > > > I'm not saying that there isn't a kernel of truth to the above claims, or that it's all hysterical nonsense, but I feel that the Boards have kind of become an echo chamber of negativity where people vastly overblow the problems that the game has. That's what happens when Riot basically abandons the boards. Here we get basically the Meddler dev posts, announcements, with the vast majority of Rioter action happening in SA&S. Hell, go look at the red tracker, there hasn't been a single post in about a week.
Yenn (NA)
: Can turret plating just be removed in the next season? It's a garbage mechanic that shouldn't exist
The plates being there serve a legitimate purpose, it stops botlane from being decided with a single gank. It fixed a significant problem with the previous two seasons in that you'll generally just lose some plating and have a chance to make another, maybe even a third stand to defend the tower. What needs to be dialed the fuck down is the bounty from killing them.
: I once was top lane as darius against I don't remember who. Could have been renekton or aatrox or something similar. I was almost exactly in the middle of lane, had flash and ghost up too. River was warded, and tri bush (enemy side) may have been warded for me too. None of it mattered. Nunu came snowballing in FROM THE ENEMY TOWER and caught me in a never ending gank. The only thing that would have saved me would have been to immediately pop BOTH FLASH AND GHOST. Sure, that part was my mistake. But the truly sad part is that I would need to do something like that just to safely retreat from the middle of my lane as darius, when, for reference, I was relatively even with my opponent in kills/cs/XP. Basically it meant that, even with two mobility sums up, I wasn't safe IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LANE, as a LANE BULLY type champ, because the instant my lane opponent lands CC it's a virtual guaranteed cc chain from nunu the jgler, even though I had proper vision up at the time. Like, nunu just ran it down from tower. Once I was cc'd by my laner just for a moment, I had no chance. Again, I would have had to have popped both my sums immediately. Instead, I tried to save them for when it would matter in the hopes that I wouldn't have to blow them for nothing. So what happens? I end up blowing them both anyway and explode anyway. Like, there is no way to counter that short of sitting under my tower and eating dirt the whole matchup. If I don't have both sums up, I might as well not even step out of tower range at any point for any reason unless my lane opponent is backed or roaming somewhere else.
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9arUY4EL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T16:42:38.421+0000) > > Basically it meant that, even with two mobility sums up, I wasn't safe IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LANE, as a LANE BULLY type champ, because the instant my lane opponent lands CC it's a virtual guaranteed cc chain from nunu the jgler, This is pretty standard design, going all the way back to the beginning. Take Blitzcrank for instance - he's not a jungler, but he has the same pattern. If his hook or knockup lands, there's no getting off the wild ride you've just been signed up for, and it'll probably end in your death if there's anyone else around.
Kei143 (NA)
: Oh I can imagine how it feels. Riot can imagine how it feels as well, which is why they opted not to use such a method to punish others.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=00060000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:31:43.609+0000) > > Oh I can imagine how it feels. Riot can imagine how it feels as well, which is why they opted not to use such a method to punish others. A shame they're more concerned with the feelings of the trolls than the not-trolls. Getting a serial inter in your game sucks. The entire history of this game is littered with failed carrots - honor, ranked rewards, clash, etc, and there's still just as much trolling, toxicity, and intentional feeding as there's been for years. It's time to drop carrots and start applying more sticks. Or at the very least, it's time to start punishing trolls and toxicity at least as much as non-trolls and non-toxic players.
Dynikus (NA)
: A rioter (I don't remember which one) tweeted that a majority of their focus for this preseason is going to be about improving the quality of matchmaking.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-19T06:29:10.793+0000) > > A rioter (I don't remember which one) tweeted that a majority of their focus for this preseason is going to be about improving the quality of matchmaking. I'm sure they said it, but I'll believe they meant it when the patch notes arrive, not a moment before.
C9 Scott (NA)
: The last thing we should be doing is copying DOTA.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Scott,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-09-19T18:46:06.968+0000) > > The last thing we should be doing is copying DOTA. Oh, stop it. It's time to admit that DOTA has some good ideas.
: Lol what but in this example the team is just as bad . So defending yourself is wrong in the case that the other people on your team are all of the same mind? Majority wins? If the conversation was unproductive and spiteful it makes more sense to get a chat ban. Imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Lokiijuice,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T17:35:58.624+0000) > > Lol what but in this example the team is just as bad . So defending yourself is wrong in the case that the other people on your team are all of the same mind? Majority wins? If the conversation was unproductive and spiteful it makes more sense to get a chat ban. Imo. There is no "defending yourself" against words. You either stop the words from coming, or you contribute to the problem.
Kei143 (NA)
: permaban is pretty good justice.
Arguably, because new ranked-ready accounts can be purchased for cheaper than many skins with zero effort taken to prevent them from coming back. And not even then, given how hard you have to int to catch a permaban. There's a post on the front page right now of some guy with tens of 0/x/0 with 6 health beads Rammus games in a row who is *still playing*.
axilirate (EUW)
: Yea so there will be about 3 players playing.
> [{quoted}](name=axilirate,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:42:50.355+0000) > > Yea so there will be about 3 players playing. I'll check in with you in a few months. Bet you a legendary skin you're wrong.
: If they made it so you couldn't smurf in this game high elo would effectively die because nobody would want to climb. For reference, imagine after two months of play you have to play at exclusively X hours, and only get to play 1 game ((and decay at the same time)) a week because the queue times are 30+ minutes. Best part? You just got target banned and can't dodge because of the time wasted.
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:47:17.580+0000) > > If they made it so you couldn't smurf in this game high elo would effectively die because nobody would want to climb. Why isn't this a problem in DOTA? Once you reach where you're supposed to be in the ladder, you cease climbing until your skill improves. That's how ladders work. > For reference, imagine after two months of play you have to play at exclusively X hours, and only get to play 1 game ((and decay at the same time)) a week because the queue times are 30+ minutes. Best part? You just got target banned and can't dodge because of the time wasted. Don't we have autofill to keep queue times reasonable? Isn't high elo supposed to entail some kind of bragging rights? Dia+ isn't for casuals.
Kei143 (NA)
: ah .. prisoner's island system.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:51:59.932+0000) > > ah .. prisoner's island system. Yep. Actual justice, unlike the wrist slaps you get over here, if you even get those.
: i mean... a good 80% of the people we meet have a smurf. using a smurf in ranked =/= ill intent just to smash lower ranked players. case in point being you're gonna have to climb through a few lower games to get to the elo you're actually trying to practice in.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:24:45.005+0000) > > i mean... a good 80% of the people we meet have a smurf. > > using a smurf in ranked =/= ill intent just to smash lower ranked players. No, but that doesn't matter from the perspective of the player stuck in the smurf games.. The game is unfair - it's as close to possible as cheating without actually using third party tools.
Kei143 (NA)
: Oh .. did DOTA2 not have permabans for people whom were shown to be consistently toxic before?
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:16:56.245+0000) > > Oh .. did DOTA2 not have permabans for people whom were shown to be consistently toxic before? AFAIK toxicity in DOTA2 used to exclusively send you to low priority queue (basically games where you're stuck with other toxic people), and you had to win to get out.
: Also I made it to punishment tier 2 (honor 0, 25 game restriction) from a grand total of 5 matches over the 7 years I've played this game where I was being flamed in NORMALS for underperforming on a champion I DON'T PLAY, and I tried to defend myself but was continuously harassed to the point of exploding in a fit of rage. "Oh you can't do that! You are hurting the feelings of those players who are calling you trash and garbage and telling you to uninstall because you should have been aborted, they are such gentle little lambs who never did anything to deserve it, how dare you, you monster!" Where's the consideration for my perspective? Why don't my feelings matter?
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:21:34.363+0000) > > Also I made it to punishment tier 2 (honor 0, 25 game restriction) from a grand total of 5 matches over the 7 years I've played this game where I was being flamed in NORMALS for underperforming on a champion I DON'T PLAY, and I tried to defend myself but was continuously harassed to the point of exploding in a fit of rage. "Oh you can't do that! You are hurting the feelings of those players who are calling you trash and garbage and telling you to uninstall because you should have been aborted, they are such gentle little lambs who never did anything to deserve it, how dare you, you monster!" > > Where's the consideration for my perspective? Why don't my feelings matter? The feelings (and stats) of your team matter more at the end of the day. And you can talk about poor mental all you want, but toxicity has a provable negatve impact on winrates.
Subdue (NA)
: Cool, now recommend that Riot require a phone number to maintain an account, and see how fast you get downvoted to oblivion. A reliable way to minimize smurfing is essentially to applying any sort of permanent penalty, and unfortunately the league community, or at least the boards, are very against that.
Because they have this insane belief that most players don't have mobile phones. It's 2019. Most people with computers have mobile phones.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: If we're talking about pathetic, then Steam not being able to prevent smurfs despite needing a phone number for an account is what qualifies.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaFishbone,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T10:49:50.990+0000) > > If we're talking about pathetic, then Steam not being able to prevent smurfs despite needing a phone number for an account is what qualifies. It's a free-to-play game on a free-to-play system. They have to bring in some kind of external identifier. And while yes, it is possible to buy burner phones, that's a significant pain in the ass involving money changing hands. VoIP numbers are banned as well, so that excludes most of the easy ways someone could get a new phone number aside from actually getting a new line or a prepaid phone or something.
Comentários de Rioters
: Edit: Armchair devs mad. The truth is you all have no idea how balance works and dont understand cause and effect. Lol, what? This has been the single most vocal topic all season. Nobody denies damage is too high, but it wont change right before worlds. Wait for preseason. Screaming "riot bad" wont fix it, it will require a massive overhaul and rebalance of basically every champion along with adjusting runes and items.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENh4h2pZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:17:20.742+0000) > > Nobody denies damage is too high, but it wont change right before worlds. Wait for preseason. * Problem comes up preseason: "The season just started, give them time to fix it." * Problem comes up midseason: "We're in the middle of things, they'll fix it before worlds." * Problem comes up late season: "Worlds is coming up, they'll fix it preseason" <-- You are here
Exibir mais

Karunamon

Nível 87 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão