D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cidyPMcn,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T22:51:14.139+0000) > > How hard is it to look that stuff up? I tried like twice, and always ended up forgetting them, dude it's a fucking VIDEO GAME it's not a math test or a graduation exam. I'm not going to try so hard to learn them and remember them especially when aphelios is even worse why do you think Morello and Guinsoo went so hard on that case, they avoided burden of knowledge as much as possible so we can have fun in this game. > > As for burden of knowledge, well its not Rito's fault no one reads up on champion's abilities. Once again, you fail to understand the issue and all you're doing is looking down on everyone. Reading and then remember in game is two different things, if you think reading a math lesson is enough to have a perfect score everyone would already have graduated > > League is ALWAYS CHANGING. ok? do you think this argument can be applied to explain everything and defend everything? If tomorow rape becomes legal are you going to just tell people to adapt because the society is changing? or are you going to tell the government that things are becoming ridiculous? it's exactly the same league is changing because riot is slowly forgetting everything that helped them to build the game burden of knowledge not being in league allowed the game to grow so much because people could play casually and enjoy league without having their brain exploading in game because they don't understand what's going on
The "its just a video game" argument is old. You think this is hard? Go play Dark Souls, and try to memorize Slave Knight Gael's patterns. Or play Enter the Gungeon and learn how to dodge bullet hell shooters. There's no rule saying video games HAVE to be easy. Some people actually enjoy the mental challenge of learning something complex and hard. And I understand the issue just fine, we're talking about comprehension. That's why I said there are other ways to comprehend a champion's abilities, such as practicing with and against them. Don't just pick 1 quote about reading and say reading doesn't work. If it doesn't try something else. Wtf does rape have to do with this argument? We're talking about a complex champion in a video game, not law. I didn't say it applied to explain everything. But fine if you wanna be that way, what if Britain finally leaves the EU tomorrow? Won't they have to adapt? What if Ukraine decides to declare war on Russia? Pretty sure that's a situation you're gonna have to tell people to adapt to.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: I use my experience here I still don't know what her entire kit does, but I also don't know which color does what and YEA I CAN LEARN, but this isn't the point, the point is that it puts more work on learning that than other things you just can't take rupture as an idea of burden of knowledege and then release qiyana or aphelios and further more, you can't release aphelios when you made multiple posts (hello xypherous, and morello) about how invoker in league will never happen because of burden of knowledge
Alright at this point if you don't know what all Qiyana's kit does, then that's on you. It's 3 damn colors, red=damage, green=invisibility, and blue= stun. How hard is it to look that stuff up? As for burden of knowledge, well its not Rito's fault no one reads up on champion's abilities. After all, there's a wiki that explains what each and every ability does. If you're getting clapped by a champ and refuse to put in the work to see why that champ is clapping you, that's not burden of knowledge, that's laziness. You are literally letting yourself be beaten because of ignorance. However I'm not saying everyone should go out and read everything they can about a champs abilities. Far from it. There are plenty of people out there who probably don't read up on what all of Aphelios abilities are because they either: A) just plain don't care, B) have enough knowledge on their own champ to combat him (ie a yasuo main, cuz those guys can beat anything), C) Learn from interacting with him. By playing with and against him they get a feel of him and learn synergies and counters. There's a plethora of ways and resources to learn a champions kit. Saying it puts more work into learning makes no sense, because League is ALWAYS CHANGING. If you're not going to put in the work for this, what about the work for learning about jg changes, or bot synergies, or freezing lanes, or funneling tactics (screw this tactic btw). Of course, you could claim burden of knowledge for all these things, because in your own words "it puts more work on learning than other things". And by all means, no one's stopping you from doing that. But just remember {{champion:420}} "They will learn, or they will die"
Tirfang (NA)
: STOP making me play with premades!!
Look I get how premades can be frustrating to play against, but how if they put all the premade into a different queue, how are 4 stacks gonna get into a game? (cuz i really only ever play duos or 4 man premades, rarely 3 and 5)
: if there was a mastery requirement then ranked player base would be smaller and what players there were will all be toxic af because they'll be flashing their masteries and saying they are better than everyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HgosdUBY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-12T05:11:20.947+0000) > > if there was a mastery requirement then ranked player base would be smaller and what players there were will all be toxic af because they'll be flashing their masteries and saying they are better than everyone else. So basically everyone would become Yasuo mains then XD? All jokes aside, I don't see how having a ranked requirement would make it more toxic. Most players probably have multiple masteries regardless these days, and the amount of flashing would probably would be the same it is now.
: There is a requirement of like 20 champs you need to unlock to play ranked, imagine needing to get mastery 5 on 20 champs before being able to play ranked
> [{quoted}](name=Póppy Chulo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HgosdUBY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-12T05:03:42.476+0000) > > There is a requirement of like 20 champs you need to unlock to play ranked, imagine needing to get mastery 5 on 20 champs before being able to play ranked True, I could see it encouraging more one tricks and smaller pools instead of large diverse pools. But maybe having a smaller pool of champions you're good with is better than having a bunch of champs you've only played a few games on? And I couldn't see the requirement being master 5, maybe around 3 or 4.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: You don't want something? Wow, you must be someone very important to tell us what you want and consider we should care. You could have picked one in the billions of offline games and played against silent IAs, and you would never suffer "muh evil toxicity". But** You CHOSE to play with humans, you made that conscious decision**. You wanted to humiliate people, you wanted to be worshipped, you wanted to be helped, maybe you wanted to be humiliated, who knows? But you wanted humans. And now **you want to ruin games because humans aren't like you want them to be and you cannot control them**. You were not there when we built this world. You contributed nothing, you risked nothing, you suffered nothing. And now you claim to know how games should be, and to dictate how people should behave. You can't cope with human interaction and negativity? Go learn to mute or play offline.
> [{quoted}](name=ƒashgorgone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:49:25.830+0000) > > You don't want something? Wow, you must be someone very important to tell us what you want and consider we should care. > You could have picked one in the billions of offline games and played against silent IAs, and you would never suffer "muh evil toxicity". > But** You CHOSE to play with humans, you made that conscious decision**. You wanted to humiliate people, you wanted to be worshipped, you wanted to be helped, maybe you wanted to be humiliated, who knows? But you wanted humans. > And now **you want to ruin games because humans aren't like you want them to be and you cannot control them**. > You were not there when we built this world. You contributed nothing, you risked nothing, you suffered nothing. And now you claim to know how games should be, and to dictate how people should behave. > You can't cope with human interaction and negativity? Go learn to mute or play offline. Ok but by this logic, if a woman chose to go to a bar instead of staying home and watch netfilx, and gets attacked, its her fault for making the decision to go to the bar instead of staying home.
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
The way i see it here's the problem with toxicity: 1. What Kombinator says is true. A lot of us older players were raised to just ignore hurtful words. After all, we were told "they're just words, they can't hurt you". Now is that true, no words can hurt, but a lot of us still have that mentality. To some of us, complaining about being told to KYS makes no sense cuz we can just ignore it. We also probably would fight toxicity with toxicity. Lets be honest, of us older players, how many of us would just insult the troller back? "Momma didn't raise a coward" after all. Tell me to go kill myself, and I probably would respond with "Sure after I bang your mom first though". However this is wrong because, 2. There are genuine people out there who are hurt by words. It doesn't make them weak, or too sensitive, it just makes them hurt. They're the ones who are going to be affected by hurtful words, and are the ones who need protection against it. You wouldn't tell a person suffering from depression to go hurt themselves now, because common sense tells us they probably wouldn't appreciate it. There are probably more than these 2 types of people, but the main issue could be that most people who say these hurtful things probably fall in the first group. They don't see saying things like "KYS" as hurtful cuz in their eyes, words don't hurt. And as long as they have that mentality, and as long as people have the "oh just mute them" mentality, then toxicity will never get solved.
: yo man u want to play top need one more
Sorry just found a team hope you find your top mate
: Tier 3 - LF Mid and Top - Silver/Gold/Plat
Bronze 1 but I can play top if you need it
Comentários de Rioters
: Looking for a T4 mid laner(Must be silver or above)
: Need top
: zix is weaker when clustered as a group. learn to buddy system when hes nearby to avoid that mega load of isolation damage.
^^^this. like people complain about not being able to 1v1 kha zix, as if they don't know how his passive works
mark6028 (EUW)
: Maybe this trash design shouldnt function then. Can provide you the warrior kha that literally oneshotted me as warrior hecarim in my own fuckin jungle at lvl 6 AFTER i put redsmite on him. This fuckin champions is out of this world broken since season 7 and riot keeps buffing him so the chally kha zix otps stop crying who are only there because of kha zix. Same with tryndamere and all these shitty OTP champions riot has a hard on for.
ok if you were playing warrior hec and got caught out in the jg at level six by kha, you deserve to die. Like there is no reason kha should have NOT oneshotted you.
Galiö (NA)
: What did Netflix rework? It's a service you log in to to stream movie or order DVDs. I don't understand how stating you have a list of games that replace things, me asking you to list them like you said you would, and then you listing mostly services (non games) is deflecting. Also for something like windows you still access to their older products while as with Galio you have no access to him. As for WoW they changed some of the playstyle and route of abilities but the characters still look like a similar designs and still do mostly the same things they used to do, partial removal or gating them from being able to do EVERYTHING they used to do at once and youd have the options to do what the characters used to do, just in a different way. Dont tell me I'm deflecting. (My reply stated afaik games have not removed characters, other than removing options with balance issues.. maybe not so clear) My list of things that never change since I need to choose stuff? PSO, PSO2, Ragnarok, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 (afaik) Also I'm not sure of the history of DOTA2 what character did they remove?
I think he's talking about how Netflix used to be a mail in movie service, waaaaaaaaaayyyyy back when, during the time of the dinosaurs and Blockbuster late fees
: Can we do something about creep block
As someone who enjoys playing {{champion:53}} by all means lets get rid of creep block. Damn minions keep hopping into my q
: I agree. It wouldnt be so bad, if they just removed the concept of "no mana" champs, and forced everyone to the same mana system.
Sooo how would fury champs work? {{champion:23}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:421}} also no one's complaining about {{champion:98}} or {{champion:85}} ({{champion:84}} is always complained about) How the hell are {{champion:36}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:154}} supposed to use health based abilities with mana? {{champion:68}} with mana? so no more overheat passive? {{champion:86}} {{champion:157}} ....ok on second thought wouldn't mind these guys having mana
: I'm tired of hugging the tower while Zed gets to free farm and harass me endlessly for 10-20 minutes
Alright honest question here. Are {{champion:105}} {{champion:131}} mages? cuz I play fizz and its mostly a skill match up, and playing zed into diana is pretty friggin scary sometimes. I get that most mages might have problems though, monitoring your mana isn't fun
: {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:245}}
.....I think that's a little more than 6 there buddy.
: if you only could use 6 champions
{{champion:105}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:121}} Because I'm a sadist and enjoy hurting others
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosThief,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=tTXqWRNk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-28T16:19:52.680+0000) > > ~~Rest in peace the teammates in ranked games of this guy~~ Nice bm from a mod
Its a known meme chill tf out dude
: ARURF Weekend Begins
Yay I get to vent my frustration playing as my favorite champ on my favorite mode- wait what? ARURF?!?! Darn...
Riot Pls (NA)
: "Have you written queer characters for League, though?" Not yet, but I'm new. :-) > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T00:05:51.901+0000) > > You gotta think about it this way. It's easy to just write a lbgtq character, but they have to fit in. Let's take Demacia for example. Their strict and hate all sorts of change, especially magic. For an lgbtq character to be Demacian, they'd probably have to keep it in secret for fear of reprisals. Same probably with Noxus, though I would think that if they had a character who was immensely powerful and loyal to Noxus, they could get away with it. > >[...] > > Point is, they can't just create a random queer character, they have to find a place for that character, and a background that makes sense. And then that character probably has to beat a dozen other character ideas in order to become a character. Wanted to respond to two points here: 1) The idea that to write a character that's LBGTQ means they "have to fit in" or justify their existence is fundamentally a flawed assumption. You're holding the bar for POC and minority characters higher than straight, "white" characters because in games for a long time, "straight, white, male" was the default and the assumption. But why do we default to that? We don't bat an eye when a character are those things, but the instant it's something else (a woman, a queer character, etc.) there's infinite scrutiny and complaints that they "don't make sense." 2) The idea that Runeterra (or any fantastical world) defaults to homophobia, or traditional gender roles and dude-led kingdoms and governments, seems awfully limited from an imagination standpoint. We as writers have the privilege and responsibility to build this world from scratch; why can't it be better than our own? Demacia may repress magic, but why must that also mean it is against certain expressions of love? Noxus is a place where merit and strength is more important than anything. Many people have said "I don't care about a character's sexuality, just their skills and abilities." I see no place that's more true than Noxus.
Well damn, wasn't imagining I of all people would get a response. And I see how I have had some pretty flawed thought processes. But I have a question though: If the world of Runeterra can be so much better than our own, how come no LGBTQ characters exist yet? The reason why I thought Demacia would be such a rigid state is because we haven't seen otherwise. Lux afraid that Garen would turn her in, Fiora having to kill her own father out of honor, J4 holding himself to a higher standard. If they aren't repressive to certain expressions of love, why haven't we seen it yet. And if Noxus holds a character skills and abilities in such high regard, why haven't we seen a lgbtq character with said skills and abilities? Really sorry about the whole fitting in argument though, that was my bad.
: ***
True there are some twisted Leftist out there, but there also some screwed up conservatives out there to, like Richard Spencer, Milo Yiannopoulos, and others. Also if you in college, then you've probably had a visit from a conservative preacher who likes to tell students about all the sins they've committed while they're in school.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001d0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:40:09.302+0000) > > Fair enough. Didn't know they localized stories and VOs. They have to. English isn't a universal language.
What does that have to do with anything? Anime isn't in English, yet when they dub it, the jokes they make in Japanese just get translated. Hence why if people watch Gintama, they'd get confused because of all the inside jokes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T02:39:25.549+0000) > > Yea but tbh, I rather know more about the void than another romance story, both queer or heterosexual. More interesting to me. Or the shadow isles. What's going on over there? Putting aside how the Void and the Shadow Isles have already been pretty thoroughly tread, at the end of the day this just boils down to your opinion. This in itself is fine, as any kind of question of preference is, by nature, subjective, and my own desire for a queer character is itself an opinion, but at the end of the day no individual opinion should dominate that of multiple others. As such, if there is a sufficient number of players who want to see a queer character (and that seems to be the case), then there really is no real reason not to honor that wish. > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T02:39:25.549+0000) > > Point is, there are plenty of interesting stories to tell in Runeterra. Yes, a tale about a queer Demacian Lancer could probably turn into an awesome Champion idea (and if it does, I wanna point out that the idea started here), but if you look at some of the character ideas on the boards, there are dozens upon dozens of cool ideas for champions who aren't queer. (or even human for that matter). For there to be a queer champion, they have to stand out from all those other ideas, and just being queer shouldn't be the only reason they stand out. I agree, being queer shouldn't be the sole characteristic of a champion, but the issue I'm getting with this kind of argumentation is that it tries to paint queerness as this fastidious, overly complicated trait that somehow requires a heap of justification to even be worth including, when that simply isn't the case. Plenty of characters in League are straight and it's no big deal, so why should being queer be any different? Why all the fuss when literally just one voice line could be enough? Taric, for example, has plenty of quotes complimenting women, yet not even a single one that has him flirt with a guy. When the champion otherwise has a clear reputation among players as a queer character, and has over sixteen minutes of pure VO, that kind of omission can be nothing but deliberate. It is therefore, in many respects, more work to _avoid_ writing queer characters than it is to have them in the first place.
Hey there are a lot of people who want to see what terrors the Void contain too, and we got a right to demand Void champions just as you have the right to demand queer champions. What gives your opinions validity over ours? (Tbh, there are a like 8 or 9 Void champs vs not a single queer one, so I can see why my argument would fail) Sorry, I realized this whole time I've been thinking being queer was something that required a heap of justification to be included. I guess you really could just have a character that is gay or bi or whatever, and it not really be that important since its not a complicated trait. You do realize this conversation we had though is probably similar to writer's conversations about the creation of queer champions, and while you and I may see it as no big deal, they might not. Perhaps to those writers, being queer is a big deal, and they're trying to push it on a character they see worth being queer. Reaching, yea I know, but could be a possibility.
liushui (NA)
: i also tried some online SNS thing. it has to be a phone that is hooked up to a major mobile company
Really? Wish they said something about that on the FAQs page.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:36:34.197+0000) > > Which would you rather have, a queer Demacian Lancer, a shadow isles Reptilian mage, a noxus rebel slave, or an ionian murderer? This may not be 100% on topic, but one of the most popular characters in Fire Emblem, Ike, pretty much fits the "queer Demacian Lancer" bill. His sexuality isn't even narratively important, even if it's canon. I agree that designing champions comes down to picking characters that have new and interesting stories to tell, but imo this is even _more_ of a reason to include queer characters, since having one such character would tell a story that is a) new, as we don't have any major stories of queer experiences in League yet, save perhaps for gay male romance with Kai and Valmar (though neither are mentioned in-game), b) interesting, as there is much to draw from for this kind of character, and c) relatable, as having a character queer players could relate to is inherently valuable in itself.
Yea but tbh, I rather know more about the void than another romance story, both queer or heterosexual. More interesting to me. Or the shadow isles. What's going on over there? Point is, there are plenty of interesting stories to tell in Runeterra. Yes, a tale about a queer Demacian Lancer could probably turn into an awesome Champion idea (and if it does, I wanna point out that the idea started here), but if you look at some of the character ideas on the boards, there are dozens upon dozens of cool ideas for champions who aren't queer. (or even human for that matter). For there to be a queer champion, they have to stand out from all those other ideas, and just being queer shouldn't be the only reason they stand out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:32:50.298+0000) > > Alright fair, but they gotta have a reason to be queer. Why? Does a character need a reason to be straight? Does a person need a reason to be gay, straight or otherwise IRL? Personally, I don't think it was poor writing at all to mention Tamara's random lady hookup, even if it had strictly no relation to the main story, and I feel asking people to justify their queerness merely serves to invalidate their sexuality. > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:32:50.298+0000) > > Also the problem with you asking for unique queer characters is that there are ways to make a champion unique without being queer. Okay, but first off, this does not justify deliberately avoiding queer characters in the first place. Moreover, nobody is asking to just slap queerness onto characters for the sake of novelty, people here are asking for actual queer characters, i.e. characters who get to bring in completely new narrative opportunities via their own sexuality or gender identity, narratives that currently underserved players can connect with. Valmar and Kai are one such example, and their own romance is just as valid as that of Xayah and Rakan. Moreover, queerness isn't just something one slaps onto characters for the sole purpose of making them unique, it's an aspect of people's identities that would still have value even if it weren't unconventional in any way at all (which is ultimately a goal of queer representation). The mere act of valuing queerness purely in terms of novelty value is itself an issue here. > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:32:50.298+0000) > > The void champs, yordles, Ivern, Rammus, Vollibear, and others. They aren't your standard heterosexual male or female human game character. Now, you may say, "well they can just add that volibear is queer, and problem solved". I'm sorry, who here exactly asked to make these particular characters queer? Who is asking to make all characters queer, or to ascribe sexuality to all characters in League? For sure, League has some non-human characters, children, fantasy monsters, and so on, so there are definitely going to be plenty of characters with no particularly defined sexuality. However, that does not in any way contradict the value in having at least some queer characters in the roster, just as we already have plenty of champions already portrayed as straight. > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T01:32:50.298+0000) > > Also, its a lot easier to write a character in your comfort zone. (Well for me it is). So if I'm straight, its easier to write about a straight character than a queer one. LGBT people can write a queer character far better than I could, because they would know the ins and outs of a queer character. Would you rather a stereotypical queer character that's insulting, or a fully fleshed out queer character who's place in the lore is fully understood. Okay, so first off, if a straight writer cannot write a gay character without turning them into an insulting stereotype, then they are a hack, and quite likely homophobic to boot. Second, if there are not enough queer writers around to write even one queer champion in League, then _that is itself a major problem_. What you just pointed out is a need for diversity IRL, as by your own reasoning, a writing team that is itself lacking in diversity will simply not be able to write a universe and character roster as rich as if they had people with different experiences on board. People having comfort zones is not a justification for striking out entire groups of valuable characters, archetypes, experiences, and so on, from the narrative, and merely shifts the blame over to poor diversity among writers. Considering how there are at least two queer Rioters who came to this very thread, one of whom is a writer, one can hope that the latter is not the problem here.
When I said a reason, I meant not tacked on as an afterthought. Like they were working on a character and randomly decided "hey lets make this guy queer for the heck of it". If that's ok with you, then fine. But that seems like a poor decision to me. And when I mention all the other champions, it was because you said that straight champions aren't revolutionary earlier, so I was trying to show that League can make revolutionary champions that are neither heterosexual, or queer, or even human. Not saying yo lets actually make a gay volibear lol. But if they made sentient barnacle a champion, its still revolutionary. Sexuality and gender aren't the only ways to make things revolutionary. And I've read plenty of stories with gay characters who were turned into insulting sterotypes. I've also read plenty of stories with black characters who were turned into insulting sterotypes. Same with other races, genders, etc. There are plenty of writers out there whose characters can be view as insulting. Maybe they are hacks, but maybe their own character creation process was flawed or needed more work. Plenty of stories out there with poorly written or not fleshed out characters back that up. I can't really argue about diversity because you're right, however more queer writers doesn't mean more queer champions. One of the writers here said they wrote a lot of straight characters, and then you still have the decision making process. If you want them to chose a character purely on the sexual orientation, that's on you. But I don't think that's one of the major things they are focused on when trying to decide on a champion idea. I think there's a lot that goes into the character creation process that axes out a lot of pretty cool character ideas that may or may not have been queer.
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001d00010000,timestamp=2018-05-23T00:07:28.894+0000) > > You gotta remember that League is an international game, so while a gay flirt is ok here, in other places not so much. Sad, but true. That excuse don't fly when they already have to localize the stories and VO for other countries and clients. They simply edit out the LGBT stuff when they localize to countries that don't condone it, it's as simple as that. They are perfectly capable of having LGBT content in the countries that condone it, and perfectly capable of having their localization teams edit it out when needed.
Arakadia (NA)
: > Point is, they can't just create a random queer character, they have to find a place for that character, and a background that makes sense. And then that character probably has to beat a dozen other character ideas in order to become a character. To be fair, why? In real life a person isn't gay because it ties into their background or home land. You said it yourself, almost every place in Runeterra would let you tell a different facet of how it is to live lgbt.
I did?!?! Damn shot myself in the foot there lol. Ok maybe they could. Still has to beat all the other character creation ideas. Which would you rather have, a queer Demacian Lancer, a shadow isles Reptilian mage, a noxus rebel slave, or an ionian murderer? While you may want a queer lancer, if more people say hey we can make the ionian murderer work, well, looks like the lancer is gonna have to wait another day.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lawd Dawg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001e000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T00:05:51.901+0000) > > You gotta think about it this way. It's easy to just write a lbgtq character, but they have to fit in. This is fair, but Runeterra is also an entirely fictional universe with very different conventions and social norms compared to our world. As a deeply repressive state, Demacia may qualify, particularly since Fiora comes across as a closeted lesbian, but then Noxus is canonically a place where sexuality is entirely fluid, and frequently used as a tool for self-advancement. In a universe where only one out of a dozen locations has the potential to be homophobic, and where there is strictly no mention of homophobia at all, there isn't really an in-universe obstacle to writing queer characters, particularly since we have some already. My point with the above question was also that the response didn't really answer the original comment: there is indeed a widespread problem in media where writers frequently prefer to tread familiar ground, and in an environment dominated by straight writers, we tend to see only straight characters get written, or at least characters very clearly written from the perspective of a straight person. More generally, though, the issue is that queer characters still don't get written that much, in part because of prevailing attitudes and a general dearth of existing characters to draw from. In this respect, a queer writer writing straight characters does nothing to detract from that, as that work merely contributes to the status quo. This isn't to say that queer writers should only write queer characters, but writing a straight character isn't exactly unconventional or revolutionary in and of itself, regardless of their writer's sexuality, and so shouldn't be held as such.
Alright fair, but they gotta have a reason to be queer. If they just made a champion, and said "hey, he's queer btw", that's just poor writing. But let's take Fiora. If they made Fiora a closeted lesbian, and talked about how her fear of her sexuality being discovered made her push harder to take over House Laurent and focus on fencing, then that's a character design we should get behind and push. And maybe they have worked on a character like that, but once again still has to beat all the other character creation ideas. Also the problem with you asking for unique queer characters is that there are ways to make a champion unique without being queer. The void champs, yordles, Ivern, Rammus, Vollibear, and others. They aren't your standard heterosexual male or female human game character. Now, you may say, "well they can just add that volibear is queer, and problem solved". Yea, now that's just poor writing. Not saying they can't make a gay thunder bear, but just making voli gay makes no sense. Gotta go from the ground up. Take Fiora. If they said "Hey, her fear of people discovering her sexuality in a repressive state drove her to take control of House Laurent and helped her focus on refining her fencing skills", that sounds a whole lot better than just making a queer character queer. Also, its a lot easier to write a character in your comfort zone. (Well for me it is). So if I'm straight, its easier to write about a straight character than a queer one. LGBT people can write a queer character far better than I could, because they would know the ins and outs of a queer character. Would you rather a stereotypical queer character that's insulting, or a fully fleshed out queer character who's place in the lore is fully understood.
: > [{quoted}](name=she plays ahri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2018-05-21T17:52:45.485+0000) > > How can the league community be so problematic when Riot has already showed that it is on the side of progress and openness?? Anyone pushing against this kind of representation— and judging by the nasty, yikes stuff in this thread that’s more than a few people— is already in the wrong morally and in terms of the values and ethics Riot believes in. Representation is going to happen basically whether the homophobic and bigoted thugs like it or not. I, for one, think Riot just needs to keep chugging forward. If people stop playing because they can’t handle characters being gay then they need to just sit in their alt-right safe space and shut up. I think the bigger issue here is that Riot has a giant elephant in the room that they could _easily_ fix with something as simple as a gay flirt as part of a character's VO, yet they've blatantly refrained from openly having ANY character express any kind of non-straight affections. Riot professes to be on the side of openness and progress, yet they have shied away from every opportunity to directly tackle the issue. Taric was a great opportunity to have even a small flirt in his VO, but instead, we're left with a "maybe-sorta-what-do-you-think?" approach to him, and even lines in his VO to Jinx that would infer he's straight. Even Varus, who has a gay couple that's critical to his story, isn't actually gay himself - he's just a bloodthirsty monster that made a meat suit from a gay couple. Riot's unwillingness to directly have non-straight interactions between champions and non-straight relationships in the game directly contradicts their big talk that they're all for diversity and inclusion. Actions speak louder than words, and so far, their actions have been showing us that they're only blowing smoke up our asses when they talk about this drive for openness and diversity. So that's where the problem comes in, and that's where the community who is against this kind of thing takes power from - Riot doesn't actually show any true efforts to moving towards openness and progress. Their idea of "progress" is about as viable as a guy's grandmother calling his boyfriend "your friend" when she invites the two of them over to dinner.
You gotta remember that League is an international game, so while a gay flirt is ok here, in other places not so much. Sad, but true.
: But have you written queer characters for League, though?
You gotta think about it this way. It's easy to just write a lbgtq character, but they have to fit in. Let's take Demacia for example. Their strict and hate all sorts of change, especially magic. For an lgbtq character to be Demacian, they'd probably have to keep it in secret for fear of reprisals. Same probably with Noxus, though I would think that if they had a character who was immensely powerful and loyal to Noxus, they could get away with it. Now if they made an Ionian character gay (got tired of typing lgbtq over and over sorry), then it would be easier, as it fits in Ionian values more. Probably could do a gay Piltover or Zaun character as well. Freljord is ifffy, as I feel like they marry either for survival or political gain. Point is, they can't just create a random queer character, they have to find a place for that character, and a background that makes sense. And then that character probably has to beat a dozen other character ideas in order to become a character.
TrueLyght (EUW)
: Top Laner and Mid Laner both high Silver building a team
Hey I'm a Silver 5 Jungle, bot and support player, add me ign: Lawd Dawg
Ashtaway (NA)
: For sure, having discord helps too
> [{quoted}](name=Ashtaway,realm=NA,application-id=W0aEVjIo,discussion-id=xcXz3Iux,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-22T21:33:51.409+0000) > > For sure, having discord helps too Yea have that. Sent a friend request
Comentários de Rioters
: Looking for players for Clash Team Silver/Gold
Yo, I'm a Silver 5, play all 3 of those roles.
Ashtaway (NA)
: Clash team looking for ADC AND TOP
Xiniseid (NA)
: There's more RNG to be found when laning against Tryndamere than when going to a casino.
Its not too hard to counter Trynd though. All the pokelords {{champion:17}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:10}} laugh at him, {{champion:74}} basically is Gandalf with those friggin turrets (if you play tryn vs heimer on aram, you're pretty much reenacting that one scene) a good {{champion:114}} or {{champion:92}} can out duel him, and don't even get me started on these guys {{champion:54}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:75}}
Ramaero (NA)
: Talon should NOT be reverted,slight update or rework perhaps,but not reverted,he is not Rengar or LB
I just hate how long his rakes takes. Like damn in the amount of time it takes for it to come back, I can recall, make a sandwich, come back, and catch them. Also do you know how many times I've tried to E over a wall, and Talon is like "Nah, I feel like going 3 feet to the left". ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg. But his Q and passive are amazing, I love procing it to trigger heal, then igniting afterwards because people forget that's a thing.
Salron (NA)
: The season starts tomorrow, do not come here to complain about being placed lower
So if I ended in Bronze 1 placements, can i get placed at the bottom of bronze one this season?
: Is it possible to report Club Titles?
You know, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. On one hand, I can see why calling your club ISIS is bad. But lets say I name my club %%%% and in the title i put something like Canberra University Netball Team or Can't Understand Normal Thinking. Is that just as bad?
: Riot, you cannot ignore this preseason. Bruisers are a joke.
Wait wait wait. You're complaining about bruisers being weak, but wanna nerf Pantheon? Why nerf one of the few Bruisers who actually is doing well this meta?
: 100% this. I've been saying for years about Yasuo (and to a lesser degree other CertainlyT champs) that if you beat them, it's because they fucked up, not because you played well. Even if you do play really well, the overloaded kits provide virtually no chance to claim a kill for yourself without help, unless they fuck up. A well-played CertainlyT champion provides virtually no avenues for victory against them.
> [{quoted}](name=Count Lieberkuhn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H04AAM3t,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-11-30T13:44:20.997+0000) > > 100% this. I've been saying for years about Yasuo (and to a lesser degree other CertainlyT champs) that if you beat them, it's because they fucked up, not because you played well. Even if you do play really well, the overloaded kits provide virtually no chance to claim a kill for yourself without help, unless they fuck up. A well-played CertainlyT champion provides virtually no avenues for victory against them. IDK man i beat yasuo's all the time with champs such as {{champion:105}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:245}} an occasional {{champion:103}} mid and with {{champion:68}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:126}} top. And I've fought some pretty good yasuos. I've lost some games and won some games. You can easily beat a yasuo if you know how your champion works. For instance, if i'm {{champion:27}} and i know yasuo is gonna dash through minions to get to me, you bet im drawing a dick for that asshole to suck on his way to me
: Can we do something about panth
all these people complaining about panth and im over here like...i beat him all the time with rumble. Though i'm curious. I used Thunderlords on rumble back when there was Thunderlords. Is Electrocute just as good or nah?
Exibir mais

Lawd Dawg

Nível 148 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão