: I don't think the "200 years of collective experience" is actually a true statement, I did the math
afmghost (NA)
: Tom Brady sits in endzone and cries during one point deficit during Titans game
: Feels Good to Play vs. Feels Fair to Play Against
I would argue that it's more important that a champion feels fair to play against. It's important that a champion feels good to play, of course, but some concessions have to be made to not ruin the game for five other people. If a champ doesn't feel fair to play against, that's five people not having fun, verses one who is.
: Can anyone tell me, what is PBE?
> [{quoted}](name=TheBatPrince,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=naqI3Uys,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2020-01-17T17:11:52.071+0000) > > Can anyone tell me, what is PBE? Public beta environment. It's mostly just used for feedback on skins and finding any gamebreaking bugs before they hit live, and lets players play with new stuff before it officially releases. It used to be used for balance consideration, too, but riot realized that the quality of the data they get from PBE is generally pretty poor.
Senamz13 (NA)
: Mysterious Trundle buffs after Trundle receives a new skin...
The buff is "because" he got a new skin in the same way some champs have been nerfed "because" they got a new skin. When a champ is receiving a skin, it brings attention to the champion, not just for the playerbase, but within riot as well. This means they often get balance attention around the same time the skin is about to go live. If they're underperforming, of course they would get a buff. If they're overperforming, they'd be nerfed instead.
: I am not gonna watch Duel Links Meta play Runeterra... I am sorry.
By definition, a deck that isn't meta is rogue. The meta is just "whatever players perceive to be strongest." Rogue can beat meta. Rogue can be straight-up *better* than meta. But it usually takes a rogue decking winning before people see its potential, then copy it, thus making it meta.
: Neeko's voice actor passed away at age 21
...peace. It's *peace*. Rest in *peace*.
: Whats people's thoughts on this idea for reducing lp grind?
If the end-of-game ranking system played into your actual rank in any way, riot would need to retune it to be more accurate to what wins a game. Getting an S often requires going out of your way to *not* help your team and instead powerfarm a side lane. Ignoring your team for more CS is a great way to pad your score, but it's often the wrong thing to do if you want to win.
: Ended 2019 in Silver 1, instantly dropped to Bronze 4!
...you haven't been placed yet. You've played *one game*. That's where you'll end up if you don't win any more games for the rest of your placements. Now go win some more games and stop complaining.
Karfuss (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=000000000001000600000000,timestamp=2020-01-10T07:09:05.680+0000) > > *Because* they're unforgiving, they're easier to exploit > To be worth picking, they need to do something better than everyone else. No one is going to want to pick a champ that's high risk, medium reward. No. You can capitalize on someone making a mistake, but you're not the one causing another player to make one. If someone plays an unforgiving champion and plays them near flawlessly, typically, they have more tools disposal. Take Lee Sin, it's one thing to R, Q during the knockback and follow up. It's another to Q, follow up, ward hop behind and R an enemy into your team while you're diving the rest of their backline. That makes them infinitely harder to win against. With Lee Sin, is that the hardest thing to do in the world? No. But it is that added layer of skill that a less skilled player might not think to exploit. > Needing to play them super well only to get "good" output isn't an acceptable state of balance. Playing them super well and getting an outstanding output on the other hand, often leads to the champ being pick/ban, because of how good pro players tend to be, skewing the risk. Let's compare Azir with Orianna (the current pro scene mid lane staple). She has far less utility compared to Azir. She isn't always the one to engage fights (rather, she follows up during one), she doesn't have that mobility, she has practically zero hard CC (her R is hardly a Leona stun combo) that'll help her in lane. She can't spawn in another turret to delay an enemy push, or even repel it. But what she IS good at, is clearing waves and poking enemies from a safe, long distance easily. Azir can do all of that. Including all the things Orianna can't do. These are those extra tools available to a high risk champion, and they are highly rewarding perks when utilized. Problem? To unlock all of that. You have to play him decently well. Mistakes tend to be lethal, and with Azir, that is wholly positioning related (whether you're playing around your sand soldiers or can use your mobility to pop your ultimate effectively, and even then are your sand soldiers that you've already used for mobility in range of the enemies you've engaged). So pro players aren't playing Azir NOT because he isn't good, he has a LOT to his kit, especially in an organized team environment. In that same environment, you could have another engager that does it equally as good (if not better because Malphite, Leona, Alistar etc are built for that), while you still fulfil the role of shoving lanes and poking enemies. Half the mid lane roster can do that with ease, with none of the risk or demanding mechanics of Azir. That's why you don't see him. Nothing to do with perhaps not doing enough damage or having long cooldowns or whatever else. And if you overbuff a champion with all those tools just to see them played and then be picked/banned for the remainder of a tournament... There are literally no downsides to playing that champion. Too much damage compensates for only having one sand soldier as opposed to two, three. Less cooldowns means you have more opportunities and mistakes count for less. Skill goes out the window and everyone else playing this game suffers from it. Ryze is an example of that. Every single time. Who becomes a three button spam champion and deletes anyone who is almost perma CC'd while they're being chased by an overgrown smurf breaking the speed limit.
> [{quoted}](name=Karfuss,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=0000000000010006000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-10T08:51:50.864+0000) > > (snip) Alright, I'll concede. You bring good points. > Ryze is an example of that. Every single time. Who becomes a three button spam champion and deletes anyone who is almost perma CC'd while they're being chased by an overgrown smurf breaking the speed limit. I just wanted to thank you for that mental image. Gave me a chuckle.
Karfuss (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=0000000000010006,timestamp=2020-01-09T06:01:14.597+0000) > > Doesn't that make him, by definition, weak? Humans are the ones playing the game, not robots. Humans are imperfect, so perfection isn't going to happen. On a design perspective. Sure. And that isn't something that can be fixed by potentially creating another Aphelios. Where a champion is, on paper, complicated. But has egregious ratios and broken features to their kit that become self-evident to the player after an hour at most of experience... Overshadowing the alleged complexity of said champion. In Azir's case. He is already a capable champion in the proper hands. Buffs only empower those players. Buffing to absurdity, as Riot does with Ryze almost every season, until they are either picked or banned... Breaks those champions. Whether a 1000+ hour god main or a total newbie, you only need to abuse one aspect of their overbuffed kit to succeed. As Azir stands right at this moment... Pros aren't playing him not because he is weak. They aren't playing him because he is one of the least forgiving champions in the game. You can name a dozen mid laners that can shove an enemy under turret by continually wiping wave after wave, and come with mobility and utility. All of whom, will do it in the click of a button and not require perfect positioning, in a much more safe and consistent way.
> [{quoted}](name=Karfuss,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=00000000000100060000,timestamp=2020-01-10T04:45:57.110+0000) > > On a design perspective. Sure. > > And that isn't something that can be fixed by potentially creating another Aphelios. Where a champion is, on paper, complicated. But has egregious ratios and broken features to their kit that become self-evident to the player after an hour at most of experience... Overshadowing the alleged complexity of said champion. > > In Azir's case. He is already a capable champion in the proper hands. Buffs only empower those players. Buffing to absurdity, as Riot does with Ryze almost every season, until they are either picked or banned... Breaks those champions. Whether a 1000+ hour god main or a total newbie, you only need to abuse one aspect of their overbuffed kit to succeed. > > As Azir stands right at this moment... Pros aren't playing him not because he is weak. They aren't playing him because he is one of the least forgiving champions in the game. You can name a dozen mid laners that can shove an enemy under turret by continually wiping wave after wave, and come with mobility and utility. All of whom, will do it in the click of a button and not require perfect positioning, in a much more safe and consistent way. All you've done is explain why it's difficult to balance these champions. *Because* they're unforgiving, they're easier to exploit, and thus easier to win against. In order to be worth picking against all the other options available, they need to be played perfectly, so you're just taking on additional risk for no additional benefit. To be worth picking, they need to do something *better* than everyone else. No one is going to want to pick a champ that's high risk, medium reward. Needing to play them super well only to get "good" output isn't an acceptable state of balance. Playing them super well and getting an outstanding output on the other hand, often leads to the champ being pick/ban, because of how good pro players tend to be, skewing the risk. Even when azir and ryze are p/b in pro, that rarely if ever trickles down to low elo. Low elo players simply can't match the consistency that high elo players have with these champions.
YaraOwO (NA)
: Cinematic team out here making everyone want to play the game.
> Oh yah btw the only people that don't want less damage is you riot. The colossal irony of this statement in regard to the "200+ years collective experience" quote. Do you know what that quote was responding to? A wukong player was complaining that his damage wasn't high enough. Meanwhile, everyone on riot's team thought wukong didn't need any more damage. You make it sound like riot was giving him more damage, when it was the other way around.
Karfuss (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lord Zeta 1313,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2020-01-08T03:37:02.369+0000) > > Azir of all champs. Like, the dude is High Elo squared. No need to shove him in our faces. Problem with Azir is that his skill floor is so freaking high, you'd have to main him thoroughly only to not get clapped out of lane in the first 3 minutes. "The fact that he's had low presence in pro play last year" is literally because he requires mechanic perfection every single time to play anywhere close to what could be considered effective. Other champions who are a LOT more forgiving and easier to pick up in comparison already do a good job of shoving lanes and poking enemy champions. Nobody in their right mind would choose Azir, as he exists now, when prize money and livelihood is on the line. It wasn't because he was weak.
> [{quoted}](name=Karfuss,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2QERsv8N,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2020-01-08T06:24:57.937+0000) > > Problem with Azir is that his skill floor is so freaking high, you'd have to main him thoroughly only to not get clapped out of lane in the first 3 minutes. > > "The fact that he's had low presence in pro play last year" is literally because he requires mechanic perfection every single time to play anywhere close to what could be considered effective. Other champions who are a LOT more forgiving and easier to pick up in comparison already do a good job of shoving lanes and poking enemy champions. Nobody in their right mind would choose Azir, as he exists now, when prize money and livelihood is on the line. > > It wasn't because he was weak. Doesn't that make him, by definition, weak? Humans are the ones playing the game, not robots. Humans are imperfect, so perfection isn't going to happen.
Adonon (NA)
: The "Inconsistant Tank" Phenomenon
Obviously it has to do with the comp you play against. Some champs are better at melting tanks than others. It also depends on how snowballed both teams are. If you're ahead, you're going to tank a lot harder. If the enemy carry is ahead, they're gonna melt you. Have you ever seen an assassin just completely fail to kill their target and end something like 1/6/1? What about an assassin that's 0/4 and unable to kill anything, then they pick up two shutdowns in a teamfight and suddenly start one-shotting everyone? Damage is directly correlated with both gold income and level. Higher level champions deal more damage and have more health. Champions with more gold get to buy bigger and better items. It's exceedingly rare for everyone to end up on equal gold in a game, so naturally, damage will also be highly variable even when the same team comps play against each other again.
ak521 (NA)
: Decline shouldn't be esc If someone is doing something online and press ESC for something there when they get a match, -3 elo
> [{quoted}](name=ak521,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nI9pTftv,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2020-01-03T04:06:34.757+0000) > > Decline shouldn't be esc > If someone is doing something online and press ESC for something there when they get a match, -3 elo You don't lose elo *or* lp for declining a match. It only counts as a dodge if you repeatedly decline in quick succession.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zuABmOVx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-24T11:50:35.832+0000) > > Try rescaling your death recap in the HUD options. If it's smaller, it won't be blocked. That just makes me not able to see then. personally
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zuABmOVx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-24T15:07:30.550+0000) > > That just makes me not able to see then. personally It doesn't have to be microscopic. IIRC a small reduction in scale got it mostly out of the way, and by 40-50% scale, it was completely out of the way.
: For usability and just a good user experience, can death recap not be mostly blocked by death messag
Try rescaling your death recap in the HUD options. If it's smaller, it won't be blocked.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-22T23:37:46.589+0000) > > Lee is overtuned with 49% winrate, he needs a lower winrate. > > Volibear is a hard champ. Being a melee makes him hard. > > Blitz is an easy champ, and his winrate is balanced. He is a melee + easy picks. > > If a champ is easy, obviously that champ will have a high winrate. If a hard champ vs easy champ, who should win? Ofc easy. Do you not understand that, as long as there are champs below 50% winrate, there will be ones above it? And the ones above it has to be overall easier champ. > > Ahri is the easiest and the safest champ in the entire game, and THUS, Ahri MUST have the highest winrate in the entire game to be considered balanced. > > EDIT: > > Also, safety factors the most into champ's winrate, so that has to be accounted for. Ahri is the safest champ in league. Thus, Ahri must have the highest winrate. You literally just said "being a melee makes him hard" and "being a melee makes him easy" in the same post. You are insane.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-23T19:17:12.464+0000) > > He is a melee, which by nature makes him less safe, but his skill sets are easy to apply and use, so that is easy. > > You understand what I mean. No, I do not. Being melee or ranged has nothing to do with whether a champ is easy or hard to play. What matters is how complicated their play pattern is, and the difficulty of executing it. Volibear and blitzcrank both have very simplistic play patterns, with minimal decision-making or technical play required. > Also, champ's safety should also be accounted for. It *is* accounted for. Safety is part of winning. If a champion is good at staying safe, they're less likely to give gold over to the enemy team, and thus more likely to be able to successfully farm in an unfavorable situation. This is a useful trait to have, and is reflected in a champion's winrate. Safety tends to have a higher winrate in the same way any other beneficial trait tends to have a higher winrate. **It's a beneficial trait, therefore it is part of what makes the champion good.** --- In most cases, there are only three stats you need to look at to determine a champion's balance. "Pick rate," "win rate," and "average games played per player." The last one is the hardest to obtain, since most stats sites don't really let you track it, but some sites let you look at a graph of winrate vs games played, which is even better. If a champion is balanced, you can infer one of these three stats if you know the other two. A balanced champ will generally have one of the following profiles: 1) High winrate, low pickrate, high games per player - this is the characteristic pattern of a balanced champion that is only played by mains 2) Low winrate, high pickrate, medium games per player - this is the characteristic pattern of a difficult yet popular champion 3) Average winrate, moderate pickrate, low to medium games per player - this is the characteristic pattern of a classically balanced champion What happens when we mess with some of these parameters? We probably break a champion. 1) High winrate, high pickrate, low games per player - this is the characteristic pattern of a clearly overpowered champion, that is being picked specifically because they're OP 2) Low winrate, low pickrate, high games per player - this is the characteristic pattern of an overnerfed champion (perhaps due to pro dominance that can't be replicated in soloqueue), that even mains can't consistently win on While winrate and pickrate aren't everything, they can tell us a lot about a champion. If a champion's stats match one of these characteristic patterns, we can say with a high degree of confidence what their state of balance is. Other combinations can exist of course, but they're harder to pin down, and don't fit as a "characteristic pattern" of anything in particular.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-22T22:08:52.306+0000) > > Lee sin has a 32.3% pickrate and 49.05% winrate. He's a difficult, yet popular champ, and still manages to have a balanced winrate. If he was breaking 50%, he'd be unilaterally considered OP, and may be overtuned even now. Lee is overtuned with 49% winrate, he needs a lower winrate. > Volibear is a very easy champ, but he only has a 1.3% pickrate and barely goes positive with a 50.63% winrate. "Obviously" easy champs don't always have a high pick and win rate, or voli would be both popular and packing a better winrate. In fact, you would ordinarily expect a higher winrate from a champ with such a low pickrate, which usually indicates only mains play the champion. It's possible that he's slightly undertuned, but due to his shallow learning curve, any buffs could easily make him FotM. Volibear is a hard champ. Being a melee makes him hard. > On the other hand, blitz is an easy champ, but he has a 52.21% winrate and 10.3% pickrate. Why? Because he's blatantly overtuned. That's an above-average pickrate and well above average winrate. He's got a large playerbase, both veterans and newcomers alike, and yet still manages such a high winrate. That can't be explained as simply as "he's easy." It's because he's both easy *and* strong. Blitz is an easy champ, and his winrate is balanced. He is a melee + easy picks. > Easy champs should not have a high winrate when they're in a balanced state. If a player can perform above-average on a champion with little to no experience, the champion is clearly overtuned. If a champ is easy, obviously that champ will have a high winrate. If a hard champ vs easy champ, who should win? Ofc easy. Do you not understand that, as long as there are champs below 50% winrate, there will be ones above it? And the ones above it has to be overall easier champ. Ahri is the easiest and the safest champ in the entire game, and THUS, Ahri MUST have the highest winrate in the entire game to be considered balanced. EDIT: Also, safety factors the most into champ's winrate, so that has to be accounted for. Ahri is the safest champ in league. Thus, Ahri must have the highest winrate.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-22T23:37:46.589+0000) > > Lee is overtuned with 49% winrate, he needs a lower winrate. > > Volibear is a hard champ. Being a melee makes him hard. > > Blitz is an easy champ, and his winrate is balanced. He is a melee + easy picks. > > If a champ is easy, obviously that champ will have a high winrate. If a hard champ vs easy champ, who should win? Ofc easy. Do you not understand that, as long as there are champs below 50% winrate, there will be ones above it? And the ones above it has to be overall easier champ. > > Ahri is the easiest and the safest champ in the entire game, and THUS, Ahri MUST have the highest winrate in the entire game to be considered balanced. > > EDIT: > > Also, safety factors the most into champ's winrate, so that has to be accounted for. Ahri is the safest champ in league. Thus, Ahri must have the highest winrate. You literally just said "being a melee makes him hard" and "being a melee makes him easy" in the same post. You are insane.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-22T01:35:51.820+0000) > > A high pickrate implies even non-mains play the champion, which means they should trend toward a lower winrate. With a very low pickrate, it means only mains play the champion, people who are very familiar with them, and thus one should expect a higher average winrate. Pickrate can indeed contextualize winrate. Easy champs obviously have a high pickrate and good winrate. So difficult champs are always bad?
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-22T18:10:26.064+0000) > > Easy champs obviously have a high pickrate and good winrate. > > So difficult champs are always bad? Lee sin has a 32.3% pickrate and 49.05% winrate. He's a difficult, yet popular champ, and still manages to have a balanced winrate. If he was breaking 50%, he'd be unilaterally considered OP, and may be overtuned even now. Volibear is a very easy champ, but he only has a 1.3% pickrate and barely goes positive with a 50.63% winrate. "Obviously" easy champs don't always have a high pick and win rate, or voli would be both popular and packing a better winrate. In fact, you would ordinarily expect a higher winrate from a champ with such a low pickrate, which usually indicates only mains play the champion. It's possible that he's slightly undertuned, but due to his shallow learning curve, any buffs could easily make him FotM. On the other hand, blitz is an easy champ, but he has a 52.21% winrate and 10.3% pickrate. Why? Because he's blatantly overtuned. That's an above-average pickrate and well above average winrate. He's got a large playerbase, both veterans and newcomers alike, and yet still manages such a high winrate. That can't be explained as simply as "he's easy." It's because he's both easy *and* strong. Easy champs should not have a high winrate when they're in a balanced state. If a player can perform above-average on a champion with little to no experience, the champion is clearly overtuned.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T21:46:27.250+0000) > > And pickrate supplies context. Pickrate means she is popular. Not context.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T22:04:15.151+0000) > > Pickrate means she is popular. Not context. A high pickrate implies even non-mains play the champion, which means they should trend toward a lower winrate. With a very low pickrate, it means only mains play the champion, people who are very familiar with them, and thus one should expect a higher average winrate. Pickrate can indeed contextualize winrate.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T21:03:05.023+0000) > > You're the one that's not thinking here. A 20% pick rate means a significant portion of the playerbase was playing her, not just diehard mains. A 53% winrate with that kind of playrate is an obvious indicator of her being strong. Winrate isn't everything, but when you back up winrate with a playrate like that, you'd have to be delusional to not conclude that she was strong. > > She's weaker now than she was then, but still boasts a 51.7% winrate in diamond+, with a 5.8% pickrate. Not overly strong, but also not disgustingly weak. Those are what would normally be considered "healthy" numbers. Winrate explains nothing without context.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T02:46:07.903+0000) > > Winrate explains nothing without context. And pickrate supplies context.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-12-19T20:49:02.149+0000) > > Sure, but we're talking about the kind of person who thought Ahri's 53% winrate, 20% pickrate, 'best general mage in the game for solo queue' **was bad and needed buffs**. We're talking about a plat player who thinks Ahri not being pick/ban in pro means she's trash tier and needs buffs because big, bad rito games is oppressing this champion. Ya, simple mind, cannot think. Sees the surface and judge without knowing the beneath. Not gonna discuss with you if you refuse to think.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ayh9EhcX,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T20:03:14.110+0000) > > Ya, simple mind, cannot think. Sees the surface and judge without knowing the beneath. > > Not gonna discuss with you if you refuse to think. You're the one that's not thinking here. A 20% pick rate means a significant portion of the playerbase was playing her, not just diehard mains. A 53% winrate with that kind of playrate is an obvious indicator of her being strong. Winrate isn't everything, but when you back up winrate with a playrate like that, you'd have to be delusional to not conclude that she was strong. She's weaker now than she was then, but still boasts a 51.7% winrate in diamond+, with a 5.8% pickrate. Not overly strong, but also not disgustingly weak. Those are what would normally be considered "healthy" numbers.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Something weird I just realized about Super Mario 64
These items were also missing from super mario sunshine. It wasn't until super mario galaxy that we see more traditional powerups (like fire mario) debut in 3D, but it was also home to a host of other new powerups (like bee mario). Then in super mario odyssey, we return to not having those powerups present, as all of the power interactions are done through captures. Put simply, the 3D mario games don't need particular powerups to "feel" like a mario game. They're built with their own systems in mind, and if they can base something off of an existing powerup, that's great, but they don't need to shoehorn them in.
: How to deal with nocturne as an adc?
In addition to what others have said here, you can build GA third item if he keeps diving you in teamfights. Even just sitting on the chain mail component can let you live long enough for your team to peel for you.
S0kaX (EUNE)
: Why do I get bonus Attack Speed
It's just how the statistic works. Attack speed is the only per-level stat that is treated as "bonus" stats instead of base stats.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dreamspitter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wa3E5kWz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-18T07:06:27.366+0000) > > Aatrox identity was revive. > > Now that it's gone from his passive and his ult, I dont know who he is any more. > he red riven now
> [{quoted}](name=RubySpackle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wa3E5kWz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-18T07:09:21.396+0000) > > he red riven now with big healies
: > [{quoted}](name=S Tier Waifu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=REEEJFHm,comment-id=00010000000000000001000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-12-17T05:46:54.941+0000) > > and there aren't people who belong in every other rank that have just not played the amount of games needed to get there too, it's not just Iron, I finally decided to actually play ranked and try hard and am at p4 with 59% w/r but had generally sat in gold fucking around for years. it's happening everywhere Ranked ladder should always be more like a pyramid than a bell curve like we have now. The lowest 3 tiers should have the largest amounts of players (even if the lowest is technically smaller than both of the two above it). And each tier after that should have progressively fewer players to represent the skill threshold required to achieve that rank. Instead, we have tons of people in Silver and Gold, pushed up because of the League system and Riot deleting the lowest tier to protect feelings. As it is, you need to DELIBERATELY put yourself in Iron, which is massively contradictory to why it needed to be added back in.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=REEEJFHm,comment-id=000100000000000000010000000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2019-12-17T14:39:43.215+0000) > > Ranked ladder should always be more like a pyramid than a bell curve like we have now. > > The lowest 3 tiers should have the largest amounts of players (even if the lowest is technically smaller than both of the two above it). And each tier after that should have progressively fewer players to represent the skill threshold required to achieve that rank. > > Instead, we have tons of people in Silver and Gold, pushed up because of the League system and Riot deleting the lowest tier to protect feelings. As it is, you need to DELIBERATELY put yourself in Iron, which is massively contradictory to why it needed to be added back in. I disagree. A pyramid is not an accurate representation of the player skill distribution. A bell curve is accurate; the problem is where the lines are being drawn between tiers.
Gread Jr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AINtJjaa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-17T22:04:12.953+0000) > > Why play a game if you're not having any fun? Are you a professional athlete? Do you do the hobbies you love professionally and for money or do you do it because you love it? Be open minded.
> [{quoted}](name=Gread Jr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AINtJjaa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-17T23:10:48.749+0000) > > Are you a professional athlete? Do you do the hobbies you love professionally and for money or do you do it because you love it? > Be open minded. Are you a professional league player? I'm gonna guess not. It's literally impossible to be a professional league player if you're below diamond 3; it's written into the league of legends e-sports rules. Even at that level, going pro is highly unlikely; most pros are in the ranks above diamond. For the significant majority, league is just a game. It is not something they will ever get paid to play. Some players - without necessarily going pro - can still turn league into a career through streaming, but they still don't get paid for winning; they get paid by people donating for making an interesting stream. So then, why do so many people play ranked, if they have no hope of ever going pro? It's because they *enjoy* the idea of competition. Playing league is fun to them, and so is competing. Otherwise, they would just play norms if they didn't care about the outcome. "Be open minded."
: The wrong train of though with turrets, and turret diving:
> Don't think of the turret as a safezone, think of it as an adc. It's sort of the opposite of an ADC. ADCs have high dps lategame, but have no notable early dps. Turrets do insane dps earlygame, but are significantly weaker than an ADC late.
: > [{quoted}](name=KitsuneLynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UxcEr5gl,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-23T23:07:34.912+0000) > > Great. Just wasted 50 dollars on a subway gift card to find out that the option is no longer available, now i have a 50$ subway gift card on my desk. Wtf am i supposed to do. Someone please help just wasted 100$ THATS great
> [{quoted}](name=chiasson31,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UxcEr5gl,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2019-12-14T20:24:16.048+0000) > > just wasted 100$ THATS great This thread is from *seven months ago*. How did you only just *now* make this mistake?
: The Mini Rework was a nerf. Mana Issue She literally has mana issues now and a passive that Is a complete risk factor; I don't even unlatch off the adc as putting myself in danger and risking 80 mana to give 300 gold to the enemy isn't worth it. W issue The cast time needed to latch and the root mechanic placing it on a 5 second cd is just depressing. E issue It feels so awkward with the E being one charge... Like rank one in lane it's a 12,11 second CD????????????????? W passive The increased AD and AP ratios feel nice though. Suggestion. Remove the cast time off her W Give her E 2 charges Q I'm fine with it doing no dmg. You can keep her mana cost high. If the E attack speed buff is too op take it off or nerf it.
> [{quoted}](name=The Swift Yordle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=acqOgWtl,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-12-12T11:25:27.468+0000) > > The Mini Rework was a nerf. > > Mana Issue > > She literally has mana issues now and a passive that Is a complete risk factor; I don't even unlatch off the adc as putting myself in danger and risking 80 mana to give 300 gold to the enemy isn't worth it. Well of course she has mana issues if you're not using her passive. The whole point of her passive is to force you into interacting with your opponent so you don't run out of mana. Maybe you should learn how to auto poke before you complain about mana issues. Especially considering you get a massive shield for it, too, so as long as you don't get hooked, you're going to end up trading favorably.
: You'd probably have 90% of the playerbase arguing for [UNPLAYABLE] First Two Weeks, since most people don't want to risk it but you have to practice somewhere, just do blind pick and click faster
> [{quoted}](name=Stealth Kill,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nKtE4Fmi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T20:30:42.217+0000) > > You'd probably have 90% of the playerbase arguing for [UNPLAYABLE] First Two Weeks, since most people don't want to risk it > > but you have to practice somewhere, just do blind pick and click faster Unplayable in ranked, Unbannable in norms. I think that would be fair.
Zac x Me (NA)
: First time in normal games instead of bot games yaaay amazing I love first timing champs
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nKtE4Fmi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-12T20:34:30.113+0000) > > First time in normal games instead of bot games yaaay amazing I love first timing champs There's nothing to learn in bot games. At best, you learn what each of your moves do, something you could figure out in under a minute in sandbox mode. You can't learn how to *play* the champ vs bots, though. Besides, it's a normal game. There's no LP or MMR on the line. Who cares if someone first times their champ there? Oh no, your team might lose because someone is trying to learn a new champion! The horror! As if that game matters at all. If you want to play a game where everyone is tryharding, play ranked. You actually have a reason to complain if someone first-times a champ in a ranked game.
: Yummi NERF
Did you not notice that lv5 E also heals *substantially* more than a single use did before? Old E healed for 70 HP per use, increased by up to 130% based on the target's missing health (increased by about 80% at 50% missing health), for 70 mana. New E heals for 230 HP flat, for 160 mana. Is it a lot of mana? Yes. But two uses of old E was 140 mana too, which isn't much less. Assuming target health was at 50% on average, they would've recovered about 252 HP over those two uses. So old E healed slightly more and for slightly less mana. However, old E did not give AS, and yuumi now has a mana restore passive again this patch, which greatly reduces the overall mana burden. If you're playing yuumi correctly, the mana cost isn't something worth complaining about.
Rockman (NA)
: would you play a champ that kills people with ribbons
Sounds cool, but also sounds like a melee, so no.
: Aight, how'd you do?
Went 4-2 overall. Pretty good for a team thrown together at the last minute and never practiced together outside of clash.
Kaje (NA)
: "Riot Games"
Alt game modes don't really deserve their own queues up all the time; they'd just become a ghost town. What riot *could* do, however, is allow them to be played in custom games, so that the hardcore fans of the mode could play them whenever they wanted.
: No. It's thematic to her kit as "The Deceiver."
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0w17leg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:01:00.943+0000) > > No. It's thematic to her kit as "The Deceiver." Then why is the entire rest of her kit "The Burster?" There's nothing inherently *wrong* with her having access to a clone, but the circumstances under which it activates just gives her extra safety for no reason. It's not even a meaningful expression of player skill; it's just there as a "get out of jail free" card when she gets low on health, giving her a full second of invisibility, then another fraction of a second of safety while the enemy team figures out which leblanc is real, during which time she can often get away. It often makes catching her a fruitless endeavor, since even if you CC her, the invisibility eats up the remaining CC duration, allowing her to freely W out (or W back). If you need any kind of targeted ability to finish her (like an auto attack), you're SOL. At the least, her passive shouldn't activate while hard CC'd, and should be delayed until the CC duration is over - if she's still alive at that time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:45:43.017+0000) > > And if someone doesn't know how to play mid, how is playing a melee going to help them? That just means they get zoned even *harder* from the wave when the enemy picks up any kind of advantage. At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks.
> [{quoted}](name=FCJAAAAGOOOO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T19:30:17.375+0000) > > At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks. How is a melee going to roam when they get pushed in constantly? The *enemy* is the one that is going to be free to roam, because a melee that's behind can't even interact with the wave until it reaches their tower. Most melee mids don't even have hard CC; yasuo is an exception on that one. Akali, katarina, talon, zed, fizz, yasuo. Of these, only fizz and yasuo have hard CC. Now, compare with syndra, ahri, veigar, morgana, annie. All of these have hard CC of some kind on top of their waveclear. If a mage gets behind, they can still farm. If a melee assassin gets behind, their only contribution - damage - goes out the window. Generally speaking, melee assassins are a lot better at snowballing, *because* of just how much damage they bring, but if you don't know how to use them, they're just dead weight. At least a 0/4 syndra can stun someone. What does a 0/4 katarina do? Her only hope is to roam and pick up kills elsewhere, but she's going to be giving up a lot of cs for it, which might put her even further behind.
: PSA: Pick a melee mid if you don't know how to play mid.
And if someone doesn't know how to play mid, how is playing a melee going to help them? That just means they get zoned even *harder* from the wave when the enemy picks up any kind of advantage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hun24TyZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T03:31:32.524+0000) > > Might wanna take a look at SG Soraka's splash and then delete this post to save yourself some embarrassment :^) I never looked that closely at the SG Soraka splash. Or at least the SFW version of it. It's neat to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hun24TyZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T03:33:04.211+0000) > > I never looked that closely at the SG Soraka splash. **Or at least the SFW version of it.** It's neat to learn. https://i.imgur.com/C0WKQug.png[/img]
: Revert the changes to the champion colection tab in the client
Doesn't even need a full revert. We just need an *option* to view them as portraits instead of splashes. A simple checkbox, that's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=FriendlyYordle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wOEbWso6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T22:48:18.336+0000) > > I agree with this message. Maybe Yummi's Yordle? Nope, she roams in and out of bandle city but not a yordle
> [{quoted}](name=Poop Jelly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wOEbWso6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T23:04:26.817+0000) > > Nope, she roams in and out of bandle city but not a yordle You misunderstood. They're not saying yuumi is a yordle. They're saying yuumi "has" a yordle. She has a quote when attaching to lulu (and probably other yordles, but I haven't played them with yuumi yet) where she says "you smell like *my* yordle" - every. single. time. she attaches.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u2mLK4Bu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-07T04:58:04.803+0000) > > I've had two games in the past week that voted 4-1 at 15, but we ended up winning. It exists for a reason. and one in a million win the lottery, doesnt make the lottery viable lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u2mLK4Bu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-07T19:47:43.093+0000) > > and one in a million win the lottery, doesnt make the lottery viable lol. Except this happens far more often than winning the lottery. You'd be surprised how often it looks like a game is over, but the enemy starts to throw in those 5 minutes. In the end, maybe you still lose 70-80% of those games, but turning even 20% of them into wins is a sizable number, which will reflect in your win rate and how fast you climb. Remember that turning a loss into a win effectively counts for three games played; a loss, win, and win is roughly the same as just a single win.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Unanimous surrender vote makes no sense
I've had two games in the past week that voted 4-1 at 15, but we ended up winning. It exists for a reason.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnityOE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dnhw7MFx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:14:43.485+0000) > > Wait, the BT doesn't do anything either abilities? Does lifesteal only work on auto attacks, then? So is the DD the only item which has lifesteal for abilities? > > I'm level 100 just about and I had no clue. Spellvamp only works on spells. DD has Physical damage Spellvamp on it, which is reduced from AoE moves since it'd otherwise be a crazy amount of healing. Lifesteal only works on auto attacks. Bloodthirster is only Lifesteal. DD offers both Lifesteal and Spellvamp though, so even if you have magical moves in your kit you can justify the item due to the defensive aspect from the bleed burst passive.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dnhw7MFx,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:23:06.154+0000) > > DD has Physical damage Spellvamp on it Small correction: They changed DD some time back to work on *all* damage dealt, not just physical damage.
: Did all of the old school forum goers leave? Is Jikker and Rift Herald Djinn the only two left?
: GD, can we make a story together? One word per post.
Quáx (NA)
: Riot literally fucked every college kid in the U.S this weekend.
Exibir mais

Leaf of the lake

Nível 120 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão