Eedat (NA)
: Lmao no it's not. It's very clearly complaining that ranged champs "invalidate" melee ones and that they have "no chance"
Just a small chance your team will carry you.
Keiaga (NA)
: Judging by playrates, if you take a ranged champ toplane then youre likely leaving your team without a frontline. Lose lane win game.
Playrates are a useful metric when used with other factors, but doesn't really help here. Melee is popular in toplane because melee is selectively popular in other roles. Where can you play yorick other than top? He is not the only champion with limited role selection and when you can't go anywhere you go top. Turns out range invalidates a lot of melee out of other roles so they go top.
Eedat (NA)
: Think this more has to do with a onetrick who thinks that because their onetrick is countered by ranged that all melees lose to all ranged
Or it's just recognition that lip service doesnt affect change.
Keiaga (NA)
: I win most of my games laning against a ranged top laner as a juggernaut. Its lose lane win game for melee vs ranged top lane
Making yourself carriable is not the same as affecting the outcome.
Comentários de Rioters
: Vsing any adc now is frustrating, your main weaknesses have been almost utterly removed if not entirely. Your lack of durability? GA, Bloodthirster, even MAW and Wits End, Barrier a summoner catered for you and long range mages Your lack of mobility? Lucian,Vayne,Caitlyn,Tristana,Kaisa,Ezreal,Jhin and new heal which gives movement speed for some reason? Your weakness to burst? Xayah ruins that herself and for some reason Mercurial scimitar denying various burst damage spells and ultimates such as mordes and Bloodthirster shield, barrier Your weakness to CC? Mercurial scimitar an item designed solely to pad up the weakness of any champion. and this one is specially catered to you. Your lack of burst? crit items...Draven and lucian Ezreal, Xayah, Jhin Your lack of push? they nerfed towers for you, so you could push solo easier. (I remember towers being more resistant to ranged damage some time ago, not sure when). Your lack of disengage? see the mobile ADC's and of course the stupid undeserving knock-backs in an already overload kit in Trist and Vayne. Your lack of sustain? Kindred, essence reaver and shit tones of life steal items and voila now your a drain tank. Your lack of versatility? Kaisa, and see the above to see how so very differently the ADC's play from each other making them insanely difficult to counter as anyone other than a mage or assassin Your ability to get run down by a bruiser? Vayne, Lucian, Ezreal, Xayah, Jhin, Caitlyn, Tristana, draven and even Ashe now...(she actually used to be a very healthy pick when her slow was an active ability that had a CD) now she is kite central and can peel for herself for some-reason, guess she needed it to be inline with other stupidity like vayne who can peel for herself Your lack of range? caitlyn,Trist,Jhin...RFC Your lack of poke? Caitlyn,Trist,Jhin,Kaisa,Ezreal and ofc RFC ADC's where never meant to be safe or hard to counter, you had different strengths but also glaring weaknesses, now you just have strength's Vayne was the worst of them for the longest time, sufficiently so that people had entire stratagems to deal with her alone, it was cancer all those seasons ago and its cancer now, and come to think of it, she was the first carry that resembles perfectly the sickness of the role, the entire game centres around her as a win condition which is absolutely moronic. league should never be a solo game, period. ADC is countered by only one thing now, because you ADC players complained about getting locked down and focused had couldnt escape from every mistake, now you have only one weakness and you wanna get rid of that too. That weakness is burst. The frustration is caused by ADC players, you got everything you wanted, tanks not being hard to kill, Bruisers not being able to out-burst or out-trade you. this is the grave you guys dug. by removing the other weaknesses you necessitated the most cancerous one, Which is being one shot. In order to keep your bloody role in check assassins had to get overloaded, yassuo is overloaded because of the brokenness of adc's could you imagine how weak he would be without windwall? how you could balance him now as a melee if ranged didnt 2-4 shot him? Most mages now are overloaded to make sure that even if they miss 2 of their spells, they can land one and still 1/2-1/3 you from half a lane away. and mage items are beyond stupid to compensate for their mistakes because of your role, as they are meant to be your competition as a carry, could you imagine the balancing that could be done to a mage and their items if an ADC didnt carry the game harder than they can whilst also being far less prone to mistakes? Remember APC's anyone? The moment they nerf you, the moment they can nerf the cancer picks aswell but guess what, you wanna do burst-damage-per-second, so in order for an assassin to out-burst you, they gotta do MEGA BURST SUPER DUPER FLASHY ADHD FLASHY PLAYS DAMAGE in one combo, than say an outplay of 3 combos or so leaving room for the both of you to screw up, but that would mean you couldn't just kill them in a second and would have to do far more than just right click on the champion and stat check them. now you would have to do that and use your right click for other things, like moving around while stat checking them. Welcome to the hell the roll of ADC brought to the rest of the game. because of ADC's a mage now has to have stupid levels of defensive stats and offensive stats because they can screw up spells, they can screw up their positioning, an ADC now can barely even screw up their positioning, your role has always been a stain on the game the whole thing revolves around you and mages to the point the entire game has to suffer if those two roles have the slightest issue. I've been playing this game for ~9 years, it has never been worse to play, not because of cringy BS like Yi Guinsoo or even shojin jax and renketon, but every time the game turns to shit , ive noticed a pattern, ADC's got their way once again like Vayne Guinsoo. The nerfs to CC, to Defensive's, to bruisers and tanks because of an ADC's jealously of not being the centre of the game and not being able to solo the game of not being able to beat a tank in a 1v1 of not being able to out-duel a bruiser, of not being able to out-range a mage, of not being able to escape a diver, all these thing where the alternatives to what you see now, actual weaknesses that had counter-play, you could disengage, you could position properly, you could rely on a team mate to peel for you because you didn't die in one shot, you could play safer, you could play more aggressively, you could do so much more back then, instead of waiting to mid-game to start stat checking people, and if you have IQ around room temperature , then mid-game you could stat-check and kite people. That was what the constant down-hill slide of the game was contributed to, an assassin and mage buff either champion or item based,was almost always right after an ADC one, to keep them in check, the crazy damage now is because of this malignant cancer of a role. because guess who wanted buffs to counter you? to be competition with you? thats right, mages and assassins, Mages got their stupid ability to get magic damage to towers and assassins got more items abilities and buffs to blow you up instantly, you are the only class that a team fight revolves around, if you dont die in the fight, you win it. Dont believe me in the dirge of tank role? Brusiers assaissins and ADC's all build 1-2 items to counter all armor Black cleaver which is only healthy on melee champions, and the last whisper variants Dont believe me in the idea that mages and assassins got their buffs expressly to counter you? take a look at, all lethality items, and the new Morelleonomicon for mages which never gave magic pen up until ADC's got out of hand. Shields got buffed to counter the mages and assassins, which gave adc's a buff too. Heals got buffed to counter mages and other supports, which gave adc's a buff too. see how this all revolves around your cancerous role? I remember a time when ADC's where hard countered by tanks, had to avoid assassins and bruisers, and think of a time to fight, or wait for their team to initiate, now you only rely on your team for vision radius and maybe to bait out a CD, you used to be extremely powerful opportunists that when played with, and not around you could do your work, but not yeet everything around you. An example of that was the tried and true let the tank go in and ill stay way over here waiting for them to misuse their abilities and then go ape-shit while they fumble around thinking the tank was an arrogant jerk, it meant that ADC struggled in high-elo play, I remember when OCE had to play on NA I used to be on those high MMR game stream things, my mate used to watch me when I used to Top or ADC, as I done things he didn't learn how to do yet or things he thought he couldn't do or think it ways he simply didnt to fight an enemy. Tt felt good being able to exploit an opponents weakness as the means to destroy them, instead of purely relying on the strength of my character, because I thought about beating them, not just right-click and see what happens. It also felt good to know that there was shit I was able to do to make sure I didnt get destroyed in a team fight, let my support and tank do their jobs not as padding, but as a necessity. The mind game almost no longer exists and ADC's with their simplicity (not their intellect, Their role and how it functions now), and only a few people are able to play-enough or enjoy the game enough to learn those tricks. TLDR - nerf ADC's and you can nerf the rest of the shit, accept other weaknesses and you can take the strength of the only weakness you have left, being blown the f^ up which ruins the game for everybody else aswell.
: Mordekaiser is bad design. HERE'S AN EASY FIX.
: Maybe they'll finally make it so the CD starts after the final Q cast.
mark6028 (EUW)
: How long until ADCs get a serious look at?
Won't happen, marksmen pro players bitch too much to let it happen
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=metroman450,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MbdhaAHk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T14:49:11.587+0000) > > You must be an uneducated person. Let me explain to you why you are just wrong.If you had your own business you would do ways to get more money to help your business do better to be able to invest more or to do more stuff to make your business successful. Riot does not do favourites. It is the players. Listen kid. Riot looks at which champs which are played the most and gives a skin for that. The popular champs will give riot more money. With that money they are able to make the game more better and with that money they are able to make more games. There is no such things as riot doing favourites. Keep your condescension, i don't fucking need it.
: Riot does not do favourites and too many kids raging at riot.
: 18 stack kindred, could still barely kill ryze
Longest match i ever played was 1 hour 57 minutes. This game has changed so much.
: This season feels so exhausting and boring to play in
Im in an odd state, i play to win every game. But idgaf about the outcome. Win or lose i can usually tell by minute 2 and i try to rally my team. But too many times its GG at champselect
: Most Underrated Skin Lines
: anyone else just afk when they get 0 items?
I mean the end result is a lose either way soooo meh
: Okay heres the thing {{champion:133}} {{champion:10}} or {{champion:17}} shouldn't ever be a problem {{champion:133}} you get {{item:3047}} and {{item:3076}} and your fine {{champion:10}} literally does no damage early she is EASILY ignored {{champion:17}} you rush {{item:3194}} and your fine
> [{quoted}](name=BrightWîngs,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=holLJLjA,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-08-11T10:30:51.441+0000) > > Okay heres the thing {{champion:133}} {{champion:10}} or {{champion:17}} shouldn't ever be a problem > > {{champion:133}} you get {{item:3047}} and {{item:3076}} and your fine If it part of your build sure > {{champion:10}} literally does no damage early she is EASILY ignored Probably true, but you want to hard shut her down > {{champion:17}} you rush {{item:3194}} and your fine If You buy adaptive helm 1st item that's a loss. The entire game state is build core get gold advantage build to counter their highest damage threat. If that's your laner ( because you or jungler fed him) its a waste of gold. Since it doesn't Counter a fed teemo.
: Why most champs pre-rework were stronger than their new versions?
: The big Tank Item Update v1alfa
Well though out, rito hire this person.
: > [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=6IEzrGsY,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T19:05:09.075+0000) > > And by "golden" of course we mean urine colored. Because it seems Riot has never seen the color gold before lol Plz not golden pool party zoe then
: Funny thing is these events often overshadow what should be (IMO) more important things, like VGU releases. {{champion:80}} : Hey guys! I'm getting my rework! Uhh... guys? https://i.giphy.com/media/10mDJCMd5qQjNS/giphy.gif "Must...farm...tokens... {{champion:80}} : http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/NaA840F7VJSHS/giphy.gif
> [{quoted}](name=EbonyBladeJ88,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=6IEzrGsY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-06T23:20:27.768+0000) > > Funny thing is these events often overshadow what should be (IMO) more important things, like VGU releases. > > {{champion:80}} : Hey guys! I'm getting my rework! Uhh... guys? > > https://i.giphy.com/media/10mDJCMd5qQjNS/giphy.gif > > "Must...farm...tokens... > > {{champion:80}} : http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/NaA840F7VJSHS/giphy.gif Poignant
mark6028 (EUW)
: Do you actually believe that? I guarantee BC or DD gets nerfed and if not it's like "5 shield off E at rank one" for that we compensate with 10 dmg on Q at every rank+ult dmg up by 50 every rank.
I believe they will struggle to find a nerf.
: Upcoming 9.16 changes. Thoughts?
Riven finally getting a nerf, this should be rich.
: Can we have a tank item that matters?
: Can we nerf Pyke already?
He just got a new skin that means at least 2 patches before any meaningful nerfs ( usually)
: > [{quoted}](name=MalignMetal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dEHz8H14,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-08-01T23:41:47.730+0000) > > They need to make a defense item that gives a lot of health and both resistances. > > But a portion of those resistances drop out once you reach a certain health threshold say 60% > > A rough example of the item: 200hp 125 armour 125 MR. > Once you reach 60% health you have 200hp 85 armour 75 MR. That would be broken on everything.
Forgot to add to original post, it drops out if you use a mobility spell
: He also did Nunu's updated stories (_Frozen Hearts_ and _Stone Cold_) iirc. Both of these updates were very well done. [Edit:] Swain too? Wow. Shame he doesn't have Twitter like most of the other writers.
: They did. Multiple times.
I dont recall that they did. I remember radio silence for a long time
Reav3 (NA)
: Damn I missed these kinds or Morde posts. Glad to see your back at MM!
Funny how a Red never popped into one of those Threads before the rework. FUNNY.
GigglesO (NA)
: I actually miss old morde. I think he was better.
I miss old morde, he was meant for a different game.
: Short answer, the job is called "narrative writer" here at Riot. (I was the narrative writer on Pantheon.) Longer answer. To write for games, my typical recommendation is for people to study screenwriting. It's the form of writing that's closest to a craft (like making a table), and not just art. It requires collaboration, clarity, and planning. It's repeatable and standardized. These are the kind of qualities that can help companies not waste millions of dollars. And if you have screenwriting (TV, movie, comic etc) credits, that helps on the job market too. It's a sign you have more than just ideas. You've built words and stories in the trenches. No degree is required, though... it's about passion and luck, and talent, but talent only after the others. Passion and luck can carry you past the limitations of talent, if you're willing to bleed into your keyboard. (Does it sound like I'm typing from experience? Because I'm typing from experience.) Anyway, one final bit of advice. If you want to write games... you should write games. It's easier than ever to build your own projects from the ground up. Easier than ever still means it's _really, really, really hard_. But getting past how hard it is is the first step. No one will hire you to write if you haven't already written. Put in work at the keyboard, chase every opportunity you can. Then wait for luck.
That a RED i don't know. Welcome to the boards! It's not all doom and gloom down here. Tell you friends. Your always welcome.
GigglesO (NA)
: I miss Defense
They need to make a defense item that gives a lot of health and both resistances. But a portion of those resistances drop out once you reach a certain health threshold say 60% A rough example of the item: 200hp 125 armour 125 MR. Once you reach 60% health you have 200hp 85 armour 75 MR.
: I miss actual gameplay.
Gameplay can happen when you live long enough to play the game
: You bet damn right. People calling mages trash couldn't be any farther from the truth. Especially when they say "Vlad is op because everyone forgets to buy MR". Void nullifies any MAGIC RESIST BUY, even Hex. Not to mention Hex's mr immediately gets put below value by buying Sorcs. Are they broken? No. Are they a bit too strong? Yes. Before his changes, who was the go to pick for toplane when dealing with Aatrox? Ryze. Not any other bruiser, juggernaut, fighter (aka what mages say are broken in toplane, therefore should be played higher up on counter order for Aatrox), just Ryze. Lets also not forget tank Karma top and tank Vik top at their peak. Why? Because they are still mages by classification and kit, its just they get tanky while pumping out decent levels of mage damage.
GigglesO (NA)
: I miss Defense
: I've never seen a company more dishonest and disconnected from their playerbase than Riot
YambrinZ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Raileks,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=OZZMGp3k,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-31T12:33:12.365+0000) > > Card games are rng based too but its enough rng to not know what your next card will be. We don't also need to include players randomly getting an extra card. Then dont play the game. Speaking of card games, what you are asking for is for everyone to get dealt an "equal" hand in poker. Making everything equal leaves zero room for skill expression. People would just start complaining about "we need more equal champions in the shop" and then "we need to all just tie for first because we are all equal guys".
That's not skill expression that's just a stat check
: petition to keep twisted treeline
Add it to rotating game modes and spice it up
: Mordekaiser ult will not affect project skins but will trap mordekaiser in the death realm ... ALone
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yznlixEK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-31T10:14:08.670+0000) > > Mordekaiser ult will not affect project skins but will trap mordekaiser in the death realm > ... ALone Sometimes you just need some alone time.
beemotes (NA)
: Make Mages Great Again
Mages are fine, some argue too strong. I Think they are in a balanced spot.
Hanple (NA)
: Riot's greed is becoming apparent
For a moment i was like Thats a really old thread Oh nvm
: You're only allowed to play one champion for the rest of your life.
I made that choice back in season 2, never looked back. There was some rough fucking years though.
: My all too frequent experience with Krugs
I have bigger pieces of gold in my crap!
Dasdi96 (NA)
: That means the game is in a horrible state, people have stuff to complain about other than yasuo.
> [{quoted}](name=Dasdi96,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IHx0AniG,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-07-28T01:49:20.195+0000) > > That means the game is in a horrible state, people have stuff to complain about other than yasuo. Pretty much this
: Anyone noticed the 'nErF yAsUo' threads have been non existent lately
Just 2 days ago i made a thread about tweaking the Penetration passive from his R. Making it more circumstantial to reward good play. Basically If you ult someone knocked up by a different source other than a fully formed Yasou tornado. You don't get the Passive Penetration.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Because she fell out of favor in pro, with worlds coming up. This change largely affects high elo more than diamond iv or lower, where shes not as favored as she has been. Her E damage isnt being increased by 50%, just the bonus on wall hitting. If it does 150(+50% bonus ad), the second hit will be buffed to 225(+75% bonus AD) for a total of 375 (+125%bAD) instead of 300(+100%bAD) Not a large increase given its a long cd skillshot that can be avoided. And yes, it can in fact be dodged. If you blink while the projectile is in flight it throws the knockback direction off, preventimg the wall hit
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8NaIw7AU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-27T19:50:45.288+0000) > > Because she fell out of favor in pro, with worlds coming up. This change largely affects high elo more than diamond iv or lower, where shes not as favored as she has been. > > Her E damage isnt being increased by 50%, just the bonus on wall hitting. > If it does 150(+50% bonus ad), the second hit will be buffed to 225(+75% bonus AD) for a total of 375 (+125%bAD) instead of 300(+100%bAD) > > Not a large increase given its a long cd skillshot that can be avoided. > > And yes, it can in fact be dodged. If you blink while the projectile is in flight it throws the knockback direction off, preventimg the wall hit Vayne's condemn is point and click, its not an actual skill shot( although it does reward positioning)
Srbonator (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MalignMetal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=faU3pi8w,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-07-26T01:19:15.860+0000) > > I can see the need for some items to retain high penetration. But combined with runes and themselves are oppressive and need to be toned down Yeah but its not fun to get matched against full ad team and you hope you will win but your 400 armor gets shredded to 50 armor
I agree a happy medium is needed, we don't have that right now.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: That's a load of crap, "reward better players", you trying to pull an EA on me? next you're gonna say "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for having their champ nerfed." > That's not a complete removal, it not a straight numbers nerf. Okay, you say this, but in your post you literally said "My suggested change would remove the Penetration passive from applying unless Yasou hits his target from his own fully formed tornado." <----- literally in your post So, in other words - remove. > Conflating the 2 would be idiotic. Frankly you missed the point and other than carrying a grudge you don't offer anything to the conversation. You're contradicting yourself in your own post, you exaggerate and give false info in your post about the champ you want to nerf (turning 50% BONUS armor pen into 100% armor pen), your showed in your previous balance discussions you dont really understand how power in kits work (Like thinking morde will be gutted for his 10% magic pen nerf) and now you think Yasuo who is at sub 50% WR in 3 out of the 3 roles he's played at, needs parts of his kits removed without compensation. And you had the cockiness to say "Yasou mains Bring the Downvotes." as if only Yasuo mains will call bullshit on your balance suggestions.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G62UhiJ0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-26T16:37:24.694+0000) > Okay, you say this, but in your post you literally said "My suggested change would remove the Penetration passive from applying unless Yasou hits his target from his own fully formed tornado." <----- literally in your post > So, in other words - remove. If "in other words" means " so the exact opposite of what you said". Which it does not. Removing the penetration if certain circumstances are not met is not the same thing as Deleting the Bonus penetration entirely . Only an idiot would think that. Your arguement lacks logic
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Remember when you said -10% magic pen nerf on Morde's E (passive that is always up) is too much? i believe you said: > With the current changes on the PBE i doubt he will be seen outside of iron 1 Pub stomps. [Ironic](https://m.u.gg/lol/champions/mordekaiser/build). But now you suggest a complete removal of Yasuo's R temporary armor pen if Yasuo doesnt do the knock up? Also he gets 50% armor pen against bonus armor only on crits, slightly lower than 100% Not a Yasuo main/player btw.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G62UhiJ0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-26T07:49:58.719+0000) > > But now you suggest a complete removal of Yasuo's R temporary armor pen if Yasuo doesnt do the knock up? That's not a complete removal, it not a straight numbers nerf. It is a change designed to change how the champion is played to reward better players. Conflating the 2 would be idiotic. Frankly you missed the point and other than carrying a grudge you don't offer anything to the conversation.
Comentários de Rioters
Diävolo (EUW)
: Community : Tanks should be weak early but strong late. Riot : Well, Yes but actually no
I think i speak for the community when i say, your misrepresenting the community.
Exibir mais

MalignMetal

Nível 44 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão