Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manarager,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAe9XBbZ,comment-id=000000040000,timestamp=2019-12-29T02:05:47.654+0000) > > And here we see a toplaner in his natural habitat. Be sure to never mention that mage itemization is anything other than absolutely broken or he may get violent. If you begin speaking about how ADC itemization got worse with the recent changes, they may become exceptionally rabid. Be careful around these toplaners. They will tear you to pieces. Here we see a mid Main. Memes aside I'm a jg main and srr but if u can't see how batshit broken Mages are rn then u need to look harder cuz u have low perception
> [{quoted}](name=Charmy Bird,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAe9XBbZ,comment-id=0000000400000000,timestamp=2019-12-29T11:56:14.864+0000) > > Here we see a mid Main. Memes aside I'm a jg main and srr but if u can't see how batshit broken Mages are rn then u need to look harder cuz u have low perception Memes aside, (Actually a support/top main lmao) the main mages that are broken are Cass/Ryze, only because of their abuse of conquerer. Otherwise, the only real place for mages is midlane, which also is the home of assassins. Mages haven't been "Broken" for a long time. DFG type of long time. There's a few abuse cases every season, but there's never really been a world that mages are outright broken.
: ChickenWrap's handy-dandy guide to leaving Silver in Season 10 (This is also an AMA about League)!
"Doesn't have agency" is a bit of a misnomer. Every champion has agency, it's a question of "Level of agency"- Also, on the topic of agency, even low agency roles can perform well, since reactive play is 0 agency, but can win games. It might not be the accepted correct way to win games, but it can win games.
Itirpon (NA)
: Foremost, it's important to realize that the ranking system is garbage: It's too volatile, measures outcome instead of agency in a game where ability to win by/for oneself can be stripped from a player by one mistake or counterpick, and doesn't measure the actual hallmarks of experienced play (like CS/m, vision scores, objective taking). We know that enough stats are collected to really judge how a player stands up against the population of players—there's a stats page in the client with a dozen snazzy graphs—but instead of using that information to figure out what the various qualities of players look like statistically and using that to judge a given player's matchmaking, they use a 1v1 chess formula for a 5v5 game that's rife with quitters and trolls and smurfs and dynamics that allow certain players to 1v9 despite being awful objectively (CS, deaths, etc) due to being the right champ for that or whatever the case may be. As for playing ranked and if you should, that's a question of dedication to playing in the ranked fashion. When you launch League, do you sit down thinking that you want to play Role or maybe Other Role? Do you have short list of one to three champs for those roles that you always enjoy playing as? If you're ready to come in knowing what you want to do, then you're ready for ranked. When I started ranked, I came in playing Soraka because all I'd ever done was play Soraka and press Q and R for my friends who were good at the game. I placed Bronze 1, almost promoted twice, then fell into Elo Hell. At Bronze 5 I started shopping the other roles and spamming several champs and nothing was really working. Then on the last weekly rotation before the deadline I set for my either finding the fun or quitting the game, I met Kindred and became an OTP. I got my rank back up from Bronze 5 to Bronze 2 that season, and then (after the tiers rework) re-climbed from the sulphurous pit of Iron placement to Silver 1 this season and today's Gold 4. When I sit down I know the role I want, Jungle, (and I don't need a backup because Jungle is never autofilled these days because Jungle is awful) and I know which champs I'll want to play (Kin, Tali, or Eve; or Sej if we're desperate for a tank), and no matter if it goes well or poorly, I had my game plan in mind throughout. If you want to main Swain Top, that's fine, but because it's not meta you must accept that you'll sometimes need to back off and let matches be about you learning not to be overwhelmed and victimized by a meta champ, especially if into a smurf, so instead of getting into arguments with allies you're getting better at playing the champ and role you enjoy no matter how imbalanced be the early conditions and match-up so when lane-phase ends you'll be able to snap into the relevancy that is the reason why you play the champ(s) that you enjoy playing. (If you're not having fun, don't do it.) The ranked-ready mentality is one of knowing that you are mentally prepared to cope and compensate even if you get a fill role, your second-favorite (or third, or fourth...) champ for that role, and are into a hard counter piloted by an overskilled smurf, without feeling like you don't know what you're _needing to be doing_. Even if you can't accomplish it circumstantially (in this anecdote with Fizz, you're using your skills but missing it seems) as long as you've enough experience to have the game plan and contingencies for all reasonably likely disadvantageous occurrences, you're fit for ranked. But if you're not there yet, there's no shame in it. Keep practicing in norms, figure out where you do and don't belong and which champs you click with, and don't be the guy who costs everybody else 17LP because you're filled and on a new-to-you champ and you didn't do the right thing and take the –3LP and six minute penalty box by dodging a competitive contest in which you were not fit to compete.
> [{quoted}](name=Itirpon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3gJf0A01,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-28T18:56:11.039+0000) > > Foremost, it's important to realize that the ranking system is garbage: It's too volatile, measures outcome instead of agency in a game where ability to win by/for oneself can be stripped from a player by one mistake or counterpick, and doesn't measure the actual hallmarks of experienced play (like CS/m, vision scores, objective taking). We know that enough stats are collected to really judge how a player stands up against the population of players—there's a stats page in the client with a dozen snazzy graphs—but instead of using that information to figure out what the various qualities of players look like statistically and using that to judge a given player's matchmaking, they use a 1v1 chess formula for a 5v5 game that's rife with quitters and trolls and smurfs and dynamics that allow certain players to 1v9 despite being awful objectively (CS, deaths, etc) due to being the right champ for that or whatever the case may be. > > As for playing ranked and if you should, that's a question of dedication to playing in the ranked fashion. When you launch League, do you sit down thinking that you want to play Role or maybe Other Role? Do you have short list of one to three champs for those roles that you always enjoy playing as? If you're ready to come in knowing what you want to do, then you're ready for ranked. > > When I started ranked, I came in playing Soraka because all I'd ever done was play Soraka and press Q and R for my friends who were good at the game. I placed Bronze 1, almost promoted twice, then fell into Elo Hell. At Bronze 5 I started shopping the other roles and spamming several champs and nothing was really working. Then on the last weekly rotation before the deadline I set for my either finding the fun or quitting the game, I met Kindred and became an OTP. I got my rank back up from Bronze 5 to Bronze 2 that season, and then (after the tiers rework) re-climbed from the sulphurous pit of Iron placement to Silver 1 this season and today's Gold 4. When I sit down I know the role I want, Jungle, (and I don't need a backup because Jungle is never autofilled these days because Jungle is awful) and I know which champs I'll want to play (Kin, Tali, or Eve; or Sej if we're desperate for a tank), and no matter if it goes well or poorly, I had my game plan in mind throughout. > > If you want to main Swain Top, that's fine, but because it's not meta you must accept that you'll sometimes need to back off and let matches be about you learning not to be overwhelmed and victimized by a meta champ, especially if into a smurf, so instead of getting into arguments with allies you're getting better at playing the champ and role you enjoy no matter how imbalanced be the early conditions and match-up so when lane-phase ends you'll be able to snap into the relevancy that is the reason why you play the champ(s) that you enjoy playing. (If you're not having fun, don't do it.) > > The ranked-ready mentality is one of knowing that you are mentally prepared to cope and compensate even if you get a fill role, your second-favorite (or third, or fourth...) champ for that role, and are into a hard counter piloted by an overskilled smurf, without feeling like you don't know what you're _needing to be doing_. Even if you can't accomplish it circumstantially (in this anecdote with Fizz, you're using your skills but missing it seems) as long as you've enough experience to have the game plan and contingencies for all reasonably likely disadvantageous occurrences, you're fit for ranked. But if you're not there yet, there's no shame in it. Keep practicing in norms, figure out where you do and don't belong and which champs you click with, and don't be the guy who costs everybody else 17LP because you're filled and on a new-to-you champ and you didn't do the right thing and take the –3LP and six minute penalty box by dodging a competitive contest in which you were not fit to compete. The problem with your mentality is that statistics based analysis doesn't account for the fact that players who are far and above gold, for example, when matched against gold players, not only would deny *all* of that statistic from the gold player, but also just outright win. (See diamond vs a gold player). Then, against a player of their own skill, not only WOULDN'T they maintain that godly level of statistic, the other player, who also understands fundamental league of legends mechanics, unlike the gold player, will be able to pressure them off of getting that statistic. At the end of the day, winning is what matters. Not statistics. Winning.
: Asking for Advice - New Player
As someone who's known multiple people that just dive straight into ranked on picking up League- Don't worry about those types of people. If they're truly smurfing, they won't say stuff like that. They'll just get out of your game and be done with it, whether or not you're the reason the game was won or lost. Smurfs (True smurfs) don't care about the outcome of games in bronze/silver/gold. They say "Unwinnable, bad team" and move on. Anyone who's invested in the game likely is at or near their true rank. (From my experience at least.) 2) Practice makes perfect. If you want to win, play. If you want to win more, figure out what other people do to win, and do it. If you can't, do it until you can.
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Swiggins,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAe9XBbZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-27T20:29:26.749+0000) > > Jungle is arguably the strongest role in the game right now... U spelled Mages and adcs wrong my friend
> [{quoted}](name=Charmy Bird,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAe9XBbZ,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-12-28T11:46:08.352+0000) > > U spelled Mages and adcs wrong my friend And here we see a toplaner in his natural habitat. Be sure to never mention that mage itemization is anything other than absolutely broken or he may get violent. If you begin speaking about how ADC itemization got worse with the recent changes, they may become exceptionally rabid. Be careful around these toplaners. They will tear you to pieces.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: Hashinshin proving Riven is idiot proof. (LOL RIVEN SKILL)
Hashinshin is *rarely* correct, but that's just because of the *foundation*. Hashinshin is a very opinionated person. Also the video merely shows Hashinshins own personal issues. Not accounting for minions, not accounting for jungler, not accounting for 1v4ing.... Hash isn't necessarily wrong about Riven. Hashinshin has a point- Riven has been unreasonably strong for awhile. Has she needed nerfs? Maybe. But in terms of her position in the toplane meta, she's fine. She's a melee bruiser, so theoretically she's exactly the type of champion that Hashinshin wants to be good- Hash just doesn't know how to play against her. Hash isn't a bad person. Hash isn't a bad player. Hash is opinionated, and wrong about a great many things.
: People need to stop thinking the ADC and support stuff is all special, its not a 2v2 game, its a 5v5 game. Your entire team needs the support and the ADC and the ADC and support need the entire team. The support is simply there to help the ADC survive laning the long lane that is the bot lane. They aren't the adc's support, they are the ENTIRE TEAMS support. Also ADC's need to realize that while they are the carries, they aren't play makers. They are right click bots, and need to follow the decisions of everyone else on the team. Too many ADC's have no respect for their supports. Well for valid reason though, a quarter of your supports are autofills, a quarter are mage players that don't know how to lane so they just que support, and the last half are egirls playing enchanters standing behind you the entire laning phase.
> [{quoted}](name=ProphetOfDraven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JfNG2ogT,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-28T02:50:08.127+0000) > > People need to stop thinking the ADC and support stuff is all special, its not a 2v2 game, its a 5v5 game. Your entire team needs the support and the ADC and the ADC and support need the entire team. The support is simply there to help the ADC survive laning the long lane that is the bot lane. They aren't the adc's support, they are the ENTIRE TEAMS support. Also ADC's need to realize that while they are the carries, they aren't play makers. They are right click bots, and need to follow the decisions of everyone else on the team. Too many ADC's have no respect for their supports. Well for valid reason though, a quarter of your supports are autofills, a quarter are mage players that don't know how to lane so they just que support, and the last half are egirls playing enchanters standing behind you the entire laning phase. You missed the quarter of the support mains that play hard playmakers like the Nautilus, Leona, and so on mains. Disregarding them is basically like saying there are no support mains
Anatera (NA)
: No one wants gold
In my experience, every time that I start the creep rounds with gold, I have a hard lead over any other player on the table. It falls off a little bit after second or third farming phase, but generally speaking, with a good base composition and proper management, having an early gold lead is far stronger than any single item.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ash Lockheart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mVFJnUjE,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000020001,timestamp=2019-12-28T23:40:13.792+0000) > > And I will say it another time. All champions should be able to climb. There should not be champions that climb easyer then others if the game is based on skill. Forcing players to play champions X,Y, and Z by making those champions easyer to climb with is a bad concept. That is telling the player who loves playing Champion A sorry bud, but you can only Climb higher by playing Champion X even though Champion A is the one he enjoys playing the most. That is just wrong, and should be changed. Let me put this to you in the simplest terms I can: Talon can kill people on his own. Nunu can not. Talon does not rely on his team to do his job Nunu relies on his team to do his job So if your team is out to lunch, who can carry the game on their own? It has nothing to do with _champion strength_, dude. It has to do with your own team and the opposing team.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mVFJnUjE,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000200010000,timestamp=2019-12-29T00:25:59.015+0000) > > Let me put this to you in the simplest terms I can: > > Talon can kill people on his own. > Nunu can not. > > Talon does not rely on his team to do his job > Nunu relies on his team to do his job > > So if your team is out to lunch, who can carry the game on their own? > > It has nothing to do with _champion strength_, dude. It has to do with your own team and the opposing team. Here we have a person who believes the only way to win games is by killing people. Hint. It isn't. A game is not won by which team has more kills. A game isn't won by who has more gold. A game isn't won by who has more towers. A game is won by destroying the enemies nexus. Killing an enemy gives you a resource. That resource can be used to further the end goal of winning the game, but that resource, by itself, will not win you the game. Killing champions means that you have time and gold. The other way to get time and gold is via splitpushing, for example, where you push an enemy to a sidelane and capitalize on their absence to gain even more resources on another side of the map, say, like Baron. But at the end of the day, it does not matter how many resources you have at your disposal, it matters how you use them. The reason that Nunu wins games is because of proper management of the resources at hand. Nunu utilizes low resources very well. Talon does not. A talon that is behind is a champion that cannot provide very much in terms of resource generation. What Talon CAN do is generate resources for himself very well. He just is not a champion that USES those resources well. Ergo, being able to get kills =/= winning games. Getting kills should be a means to an end, not the end itself. There are other means to the end goal of the W. If there weren't, a player like Hashinshin would never get past gold.
2gudaiya (NA)
: still cannot believe people consider morde op.
> [{quoted}](name=2gudaiya,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yLVZqGeJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-28T23:38:19.219+0000) > > still cannot believe people consider morde op. Why, because Morde has a lane bully lane phase and because he's got the 1300g tax that Skarner and Malzahar do, but on a far tankier body than Malzahar and far more damage than Skarner? The fact that his laning phase is good into almost every toplane champion at the moment, and many midlane champions, and that he scales solidly into a teamfighting tank? I see no reason why you wouldn't believe that he is strong.
wCTed (EUW)
: Guys You are absolutely right if u are hardstuck . now i understand you
Here's my low ass gold stance on ranked: There is no such thing as hardstuck because you're getting bad teams. There IS getting hardstuck because of bad YOU. If you spend 100 games in silver, then you are a silver player. Just because you can go to Ghost to Lane and play a game in diamond and win doesn't make you *not* a silver player. You're missing a fundamental aspect of what you should be doing in league of legends if you're sitting in silver for 100 games. There's something that gold players have that you, quite simply, do not. It might be a proper understanding of macro, it might be mechanics, it might be the game knowledge to understand that the matchup you thought you won was actually a losing matchup, so they play it properly. Any of the ways it is, you're still missing it. You're still not playing properly around the fact that YOU are the reason your games are won. If your team loses your game for you, why didn't you carry harder?
: > [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QgvEpbG5,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T03:25:01.355+0000) > > Then make them melee only. Or make the passives melee only. Most Assassins are melee.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QgvEpbG5,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-21T03:42:33.607+0000) > > Most Assassins are melee. I'll bring up 3 AP assassins. Fizz, Leblanc, and Elise. Fizz has a moderately frustrating bruiser playstyle because his safety is higher than most other champions', but his kit is inherently designed to be a bruiser. He has 2 relatively low range mobility spells, an auto attack modifier, and an ult that picks off and disrupts a teamfight. Other champions that have relatively low range mobility spells include Maokai (A champion that has always fit a bruiser playstyle, but has never had the itemization or scalings to want to build AP), Jarvan (Uses 2 abilities, like Fizz, to get around the same amount of distance), Gragas, Hecarim, Galio…. The list goes on. The kit is designed to make bruiser functionality viable. Ergo, Fizz becoming a bruiser with the new items (And being balanced around being a bruiser) would be a healthy change for his playstyle. Leblanc has a pure burst playstyle, and has never been built bruiser. Bruiser itemization being brought into the game would not change her from her "Backline access scaling assassin", since Leblanc *needs* to one-shot an enemy champion, or she just doesn't have the sticking power to stay in a fight. Even with an item that gives sticking power, Leblanc users will still opt for Ludens+Heavy AP item rather than a bruiser item. Elise has a healthy bruiser playstyle since her kit revolves around relatively low cooldown damage abilities and auto attack modifiers, for killing a target in an extended fight. In the instance that Elise were to get bruiser items, it would leave her in a better position to scale as a champion come mid-late game. As is she's in a poor spot of being one of the worst assassins in the game, in terms of scaling.
: THEE worst decision they've made is getting rid of the old rune system for which we all worked so hard. > [{quoted}](name=Quáx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEiRLuYy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-20T14:47:24.325+0000) > >not to mention its the 3rd most popular sport in the U.S as of now You called this a "sport" ... .... You can call this an eSport, but not a "sport." The "pros" are a bunch of child nerds. This is a VIDEO GAME. Do people call playing poker a sport? No, unless they're mentally handicapped.
> [{quoted}](name=Wicked Trident,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEiRLuYy,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-21T08:24:54.948+0000) > > THEE worst decision they've made is getting rid of the old rune system for which we all worked so hard. > > You called this a "sport" ... .... You can call this an eSport, but not a "sport." The "pros" are a bunch of child nerds. This is a VIDEO GAME. Do people call playing poker a sport? No, unless they're mentally handicapped. It has coverage on ESPN. It's a sport. Not only does it have coverage on ESPN, it's also one of the largest grossing sporting events in the country. The fact that it's not done *physically* doesn't change the fact that it's a sport.
BlackXIV (EUW)
: I lol at those who still buy what rito says. They've been lying their asses off since they got bought by the Chinese, maybe since earlier. All that they want is keep up the player engagement shifting stuff around constantly and keeping up the "unbalance cycle" where something, somewhere is always broken. They want games to be fast and snowball quickly and they do anything in their power to achieve that. All they have to do is state the opposite and you buy it. gg ez
> [{quoted}](name=BlackXIV,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vy6ePyej,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-04T12:57:10.283+0000) > > I lol at those who still buy what rito says. > > They've been lying their asses off since they got bought by the Chinese, maybe since earlier. > > All that they want is keep up the player engagement shifting stuff around constantly and keeping up the "unbalance cycle" where something, somewhere is always broken. They want games to be fast and snowball quickly and they do anything in their power to achieve that. All they have to do is state the opposite and you buy it. gg ez Well, there's no "Lie" here. League is supposed to be unbalanced. It's not a question of "unbalanced": it's a question of "Broken". If the game was balanced properly, then you'd literally only see the same 10 champions, the same 10 bans, every game, and nobody wants that.
: Please rethink what bust damage is supposed to be and should do in game.
My problem with the current damage meta is that you are caught out as a TANK and bursted down in less than 2 seconds. It's not that getting caught out and positioning is an issue, it's that literally a tank can't even facecheck a bush to prevent his ADC from dying because he'll die *just as fast*. There are no tanks in current meta. They're impossible to get out of laning phase/early jungle, they don't feel tanky, they get absolutely annihilated come lategame teamfights…. TL;DR tanks aren't tanky anymore.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HeimerLmao,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wAQGmFOh,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-11-23T11:59:26.107+0000) > > what they did was offset the innate weakness of being a melee support, It should not? a weakness is a weakness do you see an item making enchanters able to survive an all in of thresh/blitz/leona? No, they instantly die if they get caught > allowing them to deal better with poke, Yea, no the counter to poke is all in, tank supports should not both be able to all in and survive poke If you want to deal with poke pick an enchanter, don't pick thresh unless you're skilled enough to hook them.
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wAQGmFOh,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-23T12:07:10.293+0000) > the counter to poke is all in, tank supports should not both be able to all in and survive poke > > If you want to deal with poke pick an enchanter, don't pick thresh > unless you're skilled enough to hook them. Actually, the counter to poke is sustain. The counter to sustain is all in, and the counter to all in is poke. If your all in champion is below 75% health, it doesn't matter if their all in is better. They're just too low HP to actually go in without being at risk of dying. Giving melee champions a way to survive in a lane with 2 ranged champions shouldn't be something riot ignores.
Smyrage (EUNE)
: "Never did as much damage as an ADC" That's funny, because the whole income change only affected those mages, who could instagib the ADC with an all in. {{champion:143}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:63}} Gold income is more than enough to buy SUPPORT items, because Luden's is not a support item. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Smyrage,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wAQGmFOh,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-11-23T11:16:10.163+0000) > > "Never did as much damage as an ADC" > That's funny, because the whole income change only affected those mages, who could instagib the ADC with an all in. {{champion:143}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:63}} > > Gold income is more than enough to buy SUPPORT items, because Luden's is not a support item. :) However, none of the listed champions, save Veigar, should first buy ludens. Brand, Zyra, and Vel'Koz prefer Liandries, just because of how gold efficient the item is with their kit, and Lux abuses Athenes incredibly well. If you buy Ludens on a support budget, you're basically gutting any chance you have to get a lead in the game, because the item is a scaling item that you just don't have the AP to back up. Secondly, if you're an ADC and you get hit by all the abilities of any support, you should probably die. That was you mispositioning, and the enemy support capitalized on it. If you get punted back by an Alistar, what difference is that to getting full comboed by Brand? Either way you're dead, with no real recourse than pray that your support can save you, after you put yourself in a position to be engaged on. Brand, Zyra, and Lux specifically CAN'T go midlane anymore. So you're basically saying that "Oh, Zyra, Brand, and Lux, who already had bad winrates in the game, now get to have even worse winrates, because they're laning champions and we just gutted their lane" Not just that, it seriously hurt other champions too. Yuumi, for example. If your support picks yuumi- They're inting. The champion is basically dead right now because the spellthiefs line has been gutted.
iiGazeii (NA)
: The finished support starter items give you comparable combat stats to a finished fully-built support item (for example, Shard of True Ice gives you 60 AP, the same as Ardent Censer). You don't need to invest any gold in that first item after the initial purchase, meaning you're free to put any gold you do earn towards the items you actually want. Between the free 1000 gold you get from the procs plus your passive gold generation, you can easily roll into the midgame with two completed items without taking a single kill or minion for yourself, and that's without any assists, either. In a _zero kill lane_, you can walk away with two items in ten minutes if you complete the quest as fast as the cooldown allows. That is value.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3eetulHw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-22T06:54:20.781+0000) > > The finished support starter items give you comparable combat stats to a finished fully-built support item (for example, Shard of True Ice gives you 60 AP, the same as Ardent Censer). You don't need to invest any gold in that first item after the initial purchase, meaning you're free to put any gold you do earn towards the items you actually want. > > Between the free 1000 gold you get from the procs plus your passive gold generation, you can easily roll into the midgame with two completed items without taking a single kill or minion for yourself, and that's without any assists, either. In a _zero kill lane_, you can walk away with two items in ten minutes if you complete the quest as fast as the cooldown allows. That is value. The problem with that is that you're basically pigeonholing supports into only playing champions that powerspike at 2 items. That's BAD.
Comentários de Rioters
: Just love me a champion that has no ap item at all and can 1 shot me with a Q+E when I am a tank and is also tankier then me with no tank items {{item:3027}} {{item:3003}} {{item:3110}} {{item:3157}}
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Cake,realm=OCE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=HKUVFUpX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-17T07:07:09.944+0000) > > Just love me a champion that has no ap item at all and can 1 shot me with a Q+E when I am a tank and is also tankier then me with no tank items {{item:3027}} {{item:3003}} {{item:3110}} {{item:3157}} "No tank items"- has a Rod of Ages and a Frozen Heart, "No AP items"- Has a Seraphs and a Zhonya's. What you're looking at, good sir, is called a *BRUISER*. They're a very specific class of champion that has durability and DPS. Unlike Vi, Hecarim, or Jax, however, he has no mobility, so be *thankful*
: > [{quoted}](name=Camstar Kindred,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c9TvWYbY,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-06-16T00:01:59.244+0000) > > Hey I'm with your points brought up in this post except where you almost agreeing with nightblue as to thinking Nubrac is griefing because he's playing the game differently. Now I've been playing league since season 1 this isn't the only moba I've invested thousands of hours in either an my reply to this is quite simple riot don't want you to strictly follow meta with picks an how you play now facts are that a roaming support isn't unusual in other mobas like DotA 2 with the likes of Mirana an Pudge also 2v1ing mid with combos like IO Tiny now I'm Aware the games are very different but they share basic concepts Meta is one of them an it's also something that doesn't need to be followed in order to win so to say because he's not playing support to the ADC is greifing is almost ignorant under no circumstance should the support only have to support ADC early game this is just how the meta was created around bot lane but that doesn't have to happen an as this game evolves roaming supports might not be griefing as much as you think all River Shen memes aside people need to realise that just because you are in a selected role doesn't mean you have to only do what that's role meta is there are other ways of playing Mobas but this community seems to be against any idea of breaking the meta because people like NB3 instantly think they know what's right an others ideas are wrong ie why they go to the term greifing instead of even doing research on unusual strata but you know Kayle Yi lulu taric cheese is still a thing an it's essentially the same as a roaming support giving up one lane to power level an power farm another also if picked correctly knowing your teemo would roam it would be wise to pick a champ that only needs exp to useful in the game this is common in DotA with offlaners like Timber Earthshaker Darkseer who don't necessarily need tons of farm to excel in the game just EXP I really wish others would give strats like these a chance it would make league more interesting an competitive an not so cookie cutter Thanks for your thoughts babe, I totally agree its so healthy and natural for someone to try something off meta, it makes the game more interesting and spices it up. If there is anyone that tries anything off meta its me! I always go Evelynn support and I always try my best, even though some games get a little messy for me heh, but here is the issue with what Nubrac did --- He did not notify his team of what he was doing! Not only that but he also wanted to do something off meta in a ranked game and people take those games seriously. I am not here to write up a whole bible for people to follow, nor do I care, but Riot has brought up multiple times that you must tell your team what you are doing when you pick something off meta or if you are going to change the route of the game, he did neither of those. When the laners were arguing about what he was doing he refused to co-operate, this ended up causing a stir of emotions and confusion to people because instead of telling his team what he wanted to go and do, he stayed silent and just said "this is a new game strat and it works for me" that is not a viable answer, hence getting you into trouble with your own team and the support team. If you are going to change up a role that has a main focus to it you must follow those rules to make it easy for everyone else or give your team some explanation so they understand, If not! Riot Support is going to tell you the same thing I did, "you did not notify your team, nor did you give an explanation" so that is what I am trying to get at love. Trying off meta is fun, but you also have to make it fun for those around you and not give them a hard time, does that make sense? ♡
> [{quoted}](name=Sexual Girl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c9TvWYbY,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2019-06-16T00:30:29.331+0000) > > Thanks for your thoughts babe, I totally agree its so healthy and natural for someone to try something off meta, it makes the game more interesting and spices it up. If there is anyone that tries anything off meta its me! I always go Evelynn support and I always try my best, even though some games get a little messy for me heh, but here is the issue with what Nubrac did --- He did notify his team of what he was doing! Not only that but he also wanted to do something off meta in a ranked game and people take those games seriously. > > I am not here to write up a whole bible for people to follow, nor do I care, but Riot has brought up multiple times that you must tell your team what you are doing when you pick something off meta or if you are going to change the route of the game, he did neither of those. When the laners were arguing about what he was doing he refused to co-operate, this ended up causing a stir of emotions and confusion to people because instead of telling his team what he wanted to go and do, he stayed silent and just said "this is a new game strat and it works for me" that is not a viable answer, hence getting you into trouble with your own team and the support team. If you are going to change up a role that has a main focus to it you must follow those rules to make it easy for everyone else or give your team some explanation so they understand, If not! Riot Support is going to tell you the same thing I did, "you did not notify your team, nor did you give an explanation" so that is what I am trying to get at love. > > Trying off meta is fun, but you also have to make it fun for those around you and not give them a hard time, does that make sense? ♡ And I'll pitch in in regards to off meta in ranked. To my knowledge, Nubrac was winning games. In ranked, you're trying to win games. If Nubrac was WINNING GAMES aith his off meta picks, then he should have been fine. Not briefing. Not trolling. He was playing to win, just not playing to support the ADC. He's still supporting. Just not supporting the botlane. We should not HAVE arbitrary lane assignments that force you to go one exact way and no other. If a team is fine double jungling, then why would you say "no, double jungling is bad", if double jungling gets wins?
: The teemo should have told his team what he was doing first. why? because its common sense. Everbody expects their team to play "properly" , the way the game was been played for a long ass time (support and adc in the bot lane ect, ect). When ur adc is left alone, and ur mid is sharing exp, without permission from them, u r considered to be trolling. It's common sense people. The other guy needs to be punished as well for afk and flame. The fact that this was being steamed, was the nail in the coffin.
> [{quoted}](name=Troll Slaiyer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c9TvWYbY,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-15T21:28:46.338+0000) > > The teemo should have told his team what he was doing first. why? because its common sense. Everbody expects their team to play "properly" , the way the game was been played for a long ass time (support and adc in the bot lane ect, ect). When ur adc is left alone, and ur mid is sharing exp, without permission from them, u r considered to be trolling. It's common sense people. > > The other guy needs to be punished as well for afk and flame. > > The fact that this was being steamed, was the nail in the coffin. The thing is, telling the other players what you're doing shouldn't be necessary. And its already been proven that doesn't work.
: A) He's not wrong. B) wow, kid, time for a nap
A( Riven has been in a rough spot, and a good spot, alternatively for some time right now. Prior to Season 8, she was overtuned. Now, she's doing (Decently) in the hands of her OTPs because the toplane meta is carries (Which she is supposed to counter). Riven shouldn't deal well with tanks, but tanks are bad right now and nobody is taking them top because everyone shits on them (Too much damage, too few good tank options, lack of endgame scaling, short games, lack of any real impact on the map) Riven isn't broken. Hasn't been for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.
: Olaf vs. Everything 2
Making a comic about a dead champ. Poggers
SpudBud (NA)
: Trundle eat Trundle.Immortal cycle. Also is anyone disturbed at how trundle speaks perfect goddamned English.
Trundle is actually one of the *smartest* frost trolls in his tribe. That's how he got to be where he is. Wouldn't be out of reach to suggest he can speak whatever the equivalent common tongue of Runeterra is
: Fanmade document for a Morgana champion update
If your intention is for Morgana to be strong, then don't change her. If your intention is to make her more fun and interactive and enjoyable? She deserves changes. But giving black shield more optipns is a bad idea.
: FINAL VEIGAR W IS TOO EASY TO DODGE
Or just make all the other skins have more defined hitboxes for Veigar W like it should be.
: [Champion Suggestion] [CCOS Entry] Lorelei, the Blade of Hope
Another thing you should look into- Tone down the base damage of her abilities a little bit and increase scaling. As it currently stands she looks like a champion that won't build assassin, but bruiser. (RoA if mana champion, protobelt, Zhonyas, Liandries)
ninjahX (NA)
: I was bored so here's a Spy Champion
Change the passive mechanic to something more like Rek'Sai's. Say- A global "ping" every 20 seconds on everyone he has X stacks on. Also make it so that stacks decay over time. No matter how good your Intel is, your information will *always* become outdated.
: Hammar,the sea hunter
Take the E passive off and he becomes a decent support. Also the E passive just doesn't belong.
: >Please explain to me what you mean by a "gimmick" in this sense. What I mean by a gimmick is something that is conditional/situational/unreliable. When its gimmicky, it feels like you are never in the right situation with those kind of things, which tends to happen with conditional/situational/unreliable mechanics. they feel like gimmicks. what I mean by this is that it only does what you need it to do SOMETIMES. and the situation to do it becomes not only difficult and punishable to replicate, but it ends up being an underpowered mechanic outside of that one specific situation. the stuff you mentioned is based around something reliable. banshees veil has a reliable cooldown. garen's passive, as an example is somewhat conditional, but it has a solid, easy to replicate, non-punishable condition, making it feel reliable (just walk out of combat and wait). What I tend to have a problem more with is mechanics where you don't have that kind of control. For example, tryndamere's W is only really an AD debuff, and the slow is the gimmick here. Not only is it out of your control what the enemy does, as it could work one second and not the next due to some change you had no control over. This makes it feel unreliable in most situations, unless you force a very specific, easily punishable situation. This is the road that I feel like the new system is starting to head down. More and more situational stuff that only works at specific times or when certain conditions are met, such as a mechanic that is underpowered in one situation and overpowered in another (usually less likely or harder to achieve situation/condition) This tends to make it feel inconsistent and unreliable (since it only does what it advertises under limited conditions), thus "gimmicky." Players are supposed to be playing around each other AS THEY ARE, not other in-game mechanics that they use.
The key word here is "Specific situation", all runes are going to be tailored to strength in specific situations. That's just the nature of what runes do. They're things from OUTSIDE of the game that affect what happens INSIDE the game. The same goes for summoner spells. If there's a Garen on the enemy tea, he's SUPPOSED to be easily kiteable. But, if he has flash, that's a cooldown I have to keep track of, and a cooldown HE has to keep track of. The same goes for berserk. It's a cooldown that the owner and the enemy has to keep track of. It's not a gimmick. It's a cooldown. A situational cooldown that won't work in every fight. Summoner spells and certain masteries are also situational cooldowns that aren't always viable in any certain situation, but they're still taken because the situation they are taken for is still strong Ergo, a champion like Caitlyn, who would love to get even 2 more auto attacks off before her enemy manages to get out of her range, would happily use the Berserk rune to be able to dominate the lane even more strongly. A champion like Varus, who just needs that tiny bit of extra push to kill an enemy champion, would love Berserk, as it would allow him to trade much faster and burst down an enemy before they could burst him down, thus giving him his passive and letting him kill more champions. It's situational, and it doesn't work on certain champions, but that's fine. It doesn't have to be an all the time thing. You bring up Tryndamere's AD reduction. If I'm tryndamere, and I use my W, it doesn't reduce my enemy's AD permanently. Thus, it's not a guaranteed AD reduction. Just putting in my 2 cents.
: I'm a jungler. I don't interact with minions for the first 20 minutes of the game. Essence Thief is not an option. What else have you got?
Firstly, most junglers use armor seals, so IDK why you're using scaling health seals, but, to each his own... And, on that... When you're jungling, you'll at least interact with minion waves on each succesful gank, since any jungler worth his salt will push the minion wave in with the laner, to deny the enemy farm, xp, and to get the wave to reset. But, anyways. If that's your choice, that's your choice.
Comentários de Rioters

Manarager

Nível 243 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão