: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T00:38:47.119+0000) > > Because life is full of people you’re not going to agree with and you have no control whatsoever over others actions and never will. True. > > You can choose to react by muting someone which takes less mental energy, time, and effort than getting worked up about it and crying to the $17 an hour helpdesk hero so he punishes them for you. True. On the other hand. If that individuals behavior is so toxic that it affects another individual then it is time to take a step in. > > Who are you to judge my behavior? Who are you to be above judgement? You are right, no one can control you, except for yourself. So perhaps you should improve on your self control because if you cannot, then the banhammer will assist you. Words have an effect on others. Provoking arguments hurts an individuals desire to continue playing the game. From an objective view, this affects profitability of the game. So, you eat a ban. Dont be a jerk and you have nothing to fear.
> [{quoted}](name=Bears Dont Care,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T14:37:41.821+0000) > > True. > > True. > On the other hand. If that individuals behavior is so toxic that it affects another individual then it is time to take a step in. > > Who are you to be above judgement? > You are right, no one can control you, except for yourself. So perhaps you should improve on your self control because if you cannot, then the banhammer will assist you. > > Words have an effect on others. Provoking arguments hurts an individuals desire to continue playing the game. From an objective view, this affects profitability of the game. So, you eat a ban. > > Dont be a jerk and you have nothing to fear. You’re making straw man SJW arguments. Look at the chat log Yi was flaming me first. I was reacting to someone else in my personally decided fashion. I don’t have to adjust my behavior or control myself because you can’t read text without getting upset. You have the same choice to make for yourself. Mute or talk back. You chose to talk back and then report instead of muting, which is a sad, ineffective, hypocritical way to go through life. You or riot or anyone else doesn’t get to tell me what to do or how to behave. Riot can tell me I can’t play their game anymore, and I agree based on their TOS and the community response from people like you this isn’t the game for me. I much prefer games that require 18+ where I can go to spend my leisure time the way I choose without worrying about your feelings and little kids getting offended.
PMGTV (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-08T15:08:15.097+0000) > > People that want to extract good feels from tattling and hope some omniscient karmic avenger fights on their behalf are why I uninstalled instead of playing my other accounts. That might work in this game. Don’t try to extend this lesson into other areas of your life, you’ll be disappointed every time. > > You can take responsibility for yourself. Click the mute button next time and problem solved. I never even bothered you other than to point out you were upset, because you were crying in chat as much as anyone. > > The fact you are still flummoxed about this 6 months later is reinforcing my personal opinions on the subject. Why should I have to do anything to compensate for you when you can just behave yourself? {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=PMGTV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T00:14:41.382+0000) > > Why should I have to do anything to compensate for you when you can just behave yourself? {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Because life is full of people you’re not going to agree with and you have no control whatsoever over others actions and never will. You can choose to react by muting someone which takes less mental energy, time, and effort than getting worked up about it and crying to the $17 an hour helpdesk hero so he punishes them for you. Who are you to judge my behavior?
N3u7r1n0 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T16:28:43.682+0000) > > I understand what you're saying but that right there is the million dollar question: how do you effectively prevent someone who's dead-set on getting back from getting back, and at that point is it even worth the time and effort it would take to do so? So then force 2 factor authentication like every other serious online game company these days and tie the ban to the hardware and the mobile Authenticator. 99.99% of players aren’t able or willing to work around that level of restriction. I’m not saying there’s a fool proof way to prevent someone hellbent in playing again from doing so, I’m saying if your goal is to remove perma banned players from the community, allowing me to log right back in without doing ANYTHING seems like a low effort approach.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T19:44:58.770+0000) > > As much as I'd like two factor authentication, that can't be a requirement for creating an account. This isn't Blizzard, there's no need to assume every PC gamer of every age has their own cell phone. > > Hardware can be legitimately shared, either with siblings using the same PC or with Internet Cafes. > > IP Addresses can legitimately be shared or changed. > > Email address could be unique, but it's pretty easy to make a new one. > > ---- > > I'd *love* for there to be a good, effective way to keep people from creating multiple accounts, but all the options I can think of either restrict who can play this game to a subset or punish innocent players. > > At some point you'd think taking all their stuff away would deter people. Aaaaaand we’ve come full circle. Stealing people’s invested time/money away from them is the lowest effort, least effective method of removing them from the community(doesn’t remove them and probably just creates more angry and vitriolic players than they were before), and designing a TOS that makes it ok is just playing dirty pool. They have options and the ability to truly remove people from the community, but have resigned themselves to putting in no effort in the name of it being wasted and say instead “were taking all your stuff, but go ahead and make a new account.” Their actions don’t line up with their stated intentions. I really don’t care at this point and am growing bored of this conversation. /wave
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T15:14:53.479+0000) > > Seems like you could pull MAC addresses from the client or motherboard serial numbers from system info and use those to block a players machine pretty easily. People can work around IP stuff pretty cheaply and easily, replacing NICs or spinning up a new machine is much more invasive/cost prohibitive. They could still get around it, but either of those would have prevented me from simply logging on to a different account like I did immediately after my perma ban reform card login, before I uninstalled. I understand what you're saying but that right there is the million dollar question: how do you effectively prevent someone who's dead-set on getting back from getting back, and at that point is it even worth the time and effort it would take to do so?
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T16:28:43.682+0000) > > I understand what you're saying but that right there is the million dollar question: how do you effectively prevent someone who's dead-set on getting back from getting back, and at that point is it even worth the time and effort it would take to do so? So then force 2 factor authentication like every other serious online game company these days and tie the ban to the hardware and the mobile Authenticator. 99.99% of players aren’t able or willing to work around that level of restriction. I’m not saying there’s a fool proof way to prevent someone hellbent in playing again from doing so, I’m saying if your goal is to remove perma banned players from the community, allowing me to log right back in without doing ANYTHING seems like a low effort approach.
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T15:14:53.479+0000) > > Seems like you could pull MAC addresses from the client or motherboard serial numbers from system info and use those to block a players machine pretty easily. People can work around IP stuff pretty cheaply and easily, replacing NICs or spinning up a new machine is much more invasive/cost prohibitive. They could still get around it, but either of those would have prevented me from simply logging on to a different account like I did immediately after my perma ban reform card login, before I uninstalled. Spoofing MAC addresses is also easy and a google search away. If Riot banned based on that it would be a simple matter to take advantage of the system for even more malicious reasons. Getting a different machine banned by changing to their MAC address then behaving poorly.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-08T17:30:16.531+0000) > > Spoofing MAC addresses is also easy and a google search away. If Riot banned based on that it would be a simple matter to take advantage of the system for even more malicious reasons. > > Getting a different machine banned by changing to their MAC address then behaving poorly. A local client with elevated privileges could read the true hardware address and a software spoof would accomplish nothing.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000020000,timestamp=2019-01-08T02:13:03.660+0000) > > They can IP ban me. Not coming back. The fact they do account bans and not IP bans in this situation to me screams "let's hope he starts a new account and spends that $$$ again" Riot actually did try an IP ban many years ago, and what happened was an entire college dorm being unable to play due to one persons poor behavior. From what I understand they later lifted the IP ban and just banned the single person but after that incident they've never done IP bans again for obvious reasons. You also have to keep in mind that many players play from PC bangs and internet cafes, so IP banning there would prevent that entire establishment from playing the game. It's not about trying to get people to spend money on new accounts (if they do that's the players choice and not Riots), it's about making sure there's as little collateral damage done as possible, which IP bans can cause. From [Ulanopo's Knowledge Base](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4086541&page=1#post43465440): >**“Riot bans people because they make money off of forcing people to create new accounts and repurchase the skins.”** >Just stop. This is a really silly argument. I didn’t pay for my account any more than you did and while I have bought a number of things, I didn’t have to. There’s nothing relevant to competitive play that I couldn’t have bought with IP. >Also, Riot actively discourages people from making new accounts. >From Lyte: (link (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33432435#post33432435)) >_Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game._ >_(Help from MadmanWithBox)_ If you have a solution that punishes only the problem players AND prevents them from coming back while causing as little collateral damage as possible then feel free to share it.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T05:27:25.652+0000) > > Riot actually did try an IP ban many years ago, and what happened was an entire college dorm being unable to play due to one persons poor behavior. From what I understand they later lifted the IP ban and just banned the single person but after that incident they've never done IP bans again for obvious reasons. You also have to keep in mind that many players play from PC bangs and internet cafes, so IP banning there would prevent that entire establishment from playing the game. It's not about trying to get people to spend money on new accounts (if they do that's the players choice and not Riots), it's about making sure there's as little collateral damage done as possible, which IP bans can cause. From [Ulanopo's Knowledge Base](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4086541&page=1#post43465440): > > > If you have a solution that punishes only the problem players AND prevents them from coming back while causing as little collateral damage as possible then feel free to share it. Seems like you could pull MAC addresses from the client or motherboard serial numbers from system info and use those to block a players machine pretty easily. People can work around IP stuff pretty cheaply and easily, replacing NICs or spinning up a new machine is much more invasive/cost prohibitive. They could still get around it, but either of those would have prevented me from simply logging on to a different account like I did immediately after my perma ban reform card login, before I uninstalled.
PMGTV (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:18:26.335+0000) > > Thanks! Not sure why support couldnt have provided this the first 3 times I asked. > > I can let the account RIP now, thats DEFINITELY my writing Tehee Legit i was the Zyra. Glad to know you got what you deserved for flaming. {{champion:143}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=PMGTV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-08T07:25:37.922+0000) > > Tehee Legit i was the Zyra. Glad to know you got what you deserved for flaming. {{champion:143}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} People that want to extract good feels from tattling and hope some omniscient karmic avenger fights on their behalf are why I uninstalled instead of playing my other accounts. That might work in this game. Don’t try to extend this lesson into other areas of your life, you’ll be disappointed every time. You can take responsibility for yourself. Click the mute button next time and problem solved. I never even bothered you other than to point out you were upset, because you were crying in chat as much as anyone. The fact you are still flummoxed about this 6 months later is reinforcing my personal opinions on the subject.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >IP bans are a way to keep them from coming back, no? Pretty much no. Apart from the problem of shared IPs causing a huge amount of collateral damage, most private IPs are dynamic, where the effort required to change ones own IP ranges between virtually zero and literally zero.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000020001,timestamp=2019-01-08T02:27:35.593+0000) > > Pretty much no. Apart from the problem of shared IPs causing a huge amount of collateral damage, most private IPs are dynamic, where the effort required to change ones own IP ranges between virtually zero and literally zero. Don't forget my VPN client can give me an IP address anywhere in the world, can be randomized, and changed on a timer. Most residential ISP IPs don't change regularly and can be cost prohibitive to keep changing intentionally.
Qunoxic (EUNE)
: I got a 14 day ban for telling my teammates they are noobs and telling them I'm gonna report them if they keep inting. Not even a single bad word in the 3 games that I apparently "harassed" my teammates. The IFS is pretty flawed it's enough for you to be just a **little bit** negative to get punished. As soon as I get unbanned I'm gonna /mute all forever and pretend the chat doesn't exist, that's for the best.
> [{quoted}](name=Qunoxic,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-08T02:22:08.165+0000) > > I got a 14 day ban for telling my teammates they are noobs and telling them I'm gonna report them if they keep inting. Not even a single bad word in the 3 games that I apparently "harassed" my teammates. The IFS is pretty flawed it's enough for you to be just a **little bit** negative to get punished. As soon as I get unbanned I'm gonna /mute all forever and pretend the chat doesn't exist, that's for the best. I used to do the mute all and stay out of chat, and would have again had i had any warning before this permaban after not playing much for years and not thinking about the previous bans at all. Don't fuck up after this ban if you want to keep playing this game. The next one comes fast and hard.
Gall (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:18:25.680+0000) > > Except in extreme cases, players get many chances before being perma-banned. We make every attempt to get people to change their behavior. > > Yes, we care. > > However, we know that playing with unsportsmanlike players actually causes a bad experience for our other players. It makes their playtime less enjoyable and leads to more people quitting. How do you feel after playing a game with someone who harasses you, or feeds? Are you keen to play another game right after? > > The opposite. We don't want these players to make new accounts. A perma-ban is our way of exiting a player from the community. We just don't have any way to keep them from coming back. IP bans are a way to keep them from coming back, no? Not that I would suggest that, of course. I've been perma banned once before but have retained honor 5 on this account for quite some time :).
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrotechnics,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000002,timestamp=2019-01-08T02:09:55.063+0000) > > IP bans are a way to keep them from coming back, no? > > Not that I would suggest that, of course. I've been perma banned once before but have retained honor 5 on this account for quite some time :). They can IP ban me. Not coming back. The fact they do account bans and not IP bans in this situation to me screams "let's hope he starts a new account and spends that $$$ again"
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: The basic idea here is that you need to show that you changed your behaviour. You can't show this by just disappearing for a while so, as far as your account is concerned, nothing has changed. Apart from that, a pure time-based decay could be way too easily abused by switching between accounts. As for the perma-mute argument: Sounds good, doesn't work. When Riot had infinitely scaling chat restrictions people just ended up using other methods to piss people off. How sure are you that "drunk you" wouldn't just start trolling people when you realize your chat is blocked?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-08T01:49:08.797+0000) > > The basic idea here is that you need to show that you changed your behaviour. You can't show this by just disappearing for a while so, as far as your account is concerned, nothing has changed. Apart from that, a pure time-based decay could be way too easily abused by switching between accounts. > > As for the perma-mute argument: Sounds good, doesn't work. When Riot had infinitely scaling chat restrictions people just ended up using other methods to piss people off. How sure are you that "drunk you" wouldn't just start trolling people when you realize your chat is blocked? I can honestly say i never considered once trolling through action in game. Never happened through any of my restrictions/bans. For me the shit talk is the part I like sometimes, especially when someone provokes it intentionally, I am not a troll. I always play to win. If you notice in my logs above, even when drunk and talking shit it is clear I am trying to win and try to get my teammates to shut up and play. I tend to react more than initiate.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: The basic idea here is that you need to show that you changed your behaviour. You can't show this by just disappearing for a while so, as far as your account is concerned, nothing has changed. Apart from that, a pure time-based decay could be way too easily abused by switching between accounts. As for the perma-mute argument: Sounds good, doesn't work. When Riot had infinitely scaling chat restrictions people just ended up using other methods to piss people off. How sure are you that "drunk you" wouldn't just start trolling people when you realize your chat is blocked?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-08T01:49:08.797+0000) > > The basic idea here is that you need to show that you changed your behaviour. You can't show this by just disappearing for a while so, as far as your account is concerned, nothing has changed. Apart from that, a pure time-based decay could be way too easily abused by switching between accounts. I hear what you're saying, just try to remember this is a video game. I'm not going to change my behavior for anyone. Some people like to just relax and unwind in the game. i like to get drunk and talk shit sometimes. There are ways they can accommodate both types of people without stripping peoples accounts from them. Acting like these matches are a place where only the most mature people are looking for a rigid straight edge experience is just subscribing to a fictional reality. They're not your parents, they're not some noble company providing a critical service, they're a game company struggling to survive like everyone else. Permabanning for bad attitude/profane text might make sense somewhere on paper, but the result inevitably is negative on the companies bottom line. The flip side of people like me getting drunk and talking shit? I throw 100$ in to buy virtual goods sometimes too, like I did multiple times after my chat bans in 2016. That being said, I agree I broke their rules repeatedly and suffered the consequences. No hard feelings and no delusions about it.
: Except in extreme cases, players get many chances before being perma-banned. We make every attempt to get people to change their behavior. Yes, we care. However, we know that playing with unsportsmanlike players actually causes a bad experience for our other players. It makes their playtime less enjoyable and leads to more people quitting. How do you feel after playing a game with someone who harasses you, or feeds? Are you keen to play another game right after? > Is this a ploy for people to get another account and invest more money into that account? The opposite. We don't want these players to make new accounts. A perma-ban is our way of exiting a player from the community. We just don't have any way to keep them from coming back.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:18:25.680+0000) > > Except in extreme cases, players get many chances before being perma-banned. We make every attempt to get people to change their behavior. > > Yes, we care. > > However, we know that playing with unsportsmanlike players actually causes a bad experience for our other players. It makes their playtime less enjoyable and leads to more people quitting. How do you feel after playing a game with someone who harasses you, or feeds? Are you keen to play another game right after? > > The opposite. We don't want these players to make new accounts. A perma-ban is our way of exiting a player from the community. We just don't have any way to keep them from coming back. The only thing I'll say here, my disciplinary events are all years apart. In my mind I have no recollection of what happened in your game in 2016 or even summer 2018, and those events 6mos-3years apart should have some decay of scaling punishment. When I dip back into a game after a long break, I have NO consideration about what happened 2 years before guiding my behavior. In life relationships, criminal justice, jobs, anything, your past offenses do not continue to hold the same weight as if they had occurred with no period of good behavior inbetween. I know I am offensive(mostly when drunk, above log is drunk me) and deserve my bans, but I also know if you just pulled my chat privileges its not an issue. I know how to communicate everything I need through pings, and if its serious, use voice chat anyway. Just the 2 cents of a long time player who is moving on for both of our benefit(now that you jerks banned me).
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:59:29.642+0000) > > If I was trusting my memory, I wouldn't have spent days going through old emails, support tickets, and asking Riot to simply provide some evidence of the ban they are saying I received last year. > > Like I said in my other post, I hope to god this crap never happens to you guys coming onto these threads and blindly supporting Riot. Yeah you trusted your memory enough to spend your time doing that thinking maybe theres a conspiracy against you lol thats exactly my point. I would have been like hmm i dont remember that, damn that sucks. Fuck you rito. And moved on lol. But to each their own. I guess it cant hurt to be that skeptical.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:35:47.462+0000) > > Yeah you trusted your memory enough to spend your time doing that thinking maybe theres a conspiracy against you lol thats exactly my point. I would have been like hmm i dont remember that, damn that sucks. Fuck you rito. And moved on lol. But to each their own. I guess it cant hurt to be that skeptical. Is your account 7 years old with every champ hundreds of skins and probably 1000+ hours played? Just making sure they got it right because i had notifications of every other action against the account. You sound like a winner.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Nothing, thus far. This is the first Tanram responses since the new PB policy, so I thought a reminder might be helpful.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:32:19.455+0000) > > Nothing, thus far. This is the first Tanram responses since the new PB policy, so I thought a reminder might be helpful. Wait so do I get a prize or something? I'll take one account restoration? No? Dang.
zPOOPz (NA)
: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#dispute-resolution Sure. Go contact your lawyer. Do your research.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:24:42.489+0000) > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#dispute-resolution > > Sure. Go contact your lawyer. Do your research. oh my sweet summer child. There is a whole world of possibilities out there. Never give up
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a00010002,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:43:42.792+0000) > > I would like all information used to determine you did not make a mistake regarding the June 2018 ban. Whatever I do or don't receive will be important later. > > Thanks! Contact support.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a000100020000,timestamp=2019-01-07T00:51:21.034+0000) > > Contact support. tantram pulled my chat logs so long and thanks for all the fish
: > I don't mind, I'm sure I'll get a good laugh out of it. stop trying to be ahero and play defensive i got all the dmg well ever need what a fucking moron yi shut the fuck up u have no idea what ur talking about IM FUCKING KHAZIX U R%%%%% i have leaps and burst im not a tank shut the fuck up %%%%%% im calm this fucking noob that has no idea how to play needs to stop typing actually neither part of that sentence is true jsut stop rtyping and play nah my teams just a bunch of %%%%%%s that cry a lot listen to how many theories and stories these guys have spent concocting game yi is convinced im kill stealing and zyra she is all kinds of flummoxed k man cool story get me banned this game community makes me not want to play anyway in all seriousness this is the gayest fucking conversation i have ever seen like little kid that needs mommy to tell him hes a good boy kind of gay ness dang i stole another kill its like you dont even understand what youre saying means nothing you and your whole team can report me every 5 minutes for the rest of your r in any way OMG KILL STEAL YOU ATTACKED THE SAME PERSON AS ME AND THEY DIED OMGKLH;JFDSAKHJSDAFKHJSDAFKHJLDAFSJ SOMEONE CALL THE LOL POLICE QUICK > Can you tell me how I was notified of the suspension? Ban notifications are done in-client via reform card. They have been for a number of years now.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:13:25.704+0000) > > stop trying to be ahero and play defensive > i got all the dmg well ever need > what a fucking moron yi > shut the fuck up > u have no idea what ur talking about > IM FUCKING KHAZIX U R%%%%% > i have leaps and burst > im not a tank > shut the fuck up %%%%%% > im calm > this fucking noob that has no idea how to play > needs to stop typing > actually neither part of that sentence is true > jsut stop rtyping and play > nah my teams just a bunch of %%%%%%s that cry a lot > listen to how many theories and stories these guys have spent concocting game > yi is convinced im kill stealing > and zyra she is all kinds of flummoxed > k man cool story > get me banned > this game community makes me not want to play anyway > in all seriousness this is the gayest fucking conversation i have ever seen > like little kid that needs mommy to tell him hes a good boy kind of gay ness > dang i stole another kill > its like you dont even understand what youre saying means nothing > you and your whole team can report me every 5 minutes for the rest of your r in any way > OMG KILL STEAL > YOU ATTACKED THE SAME PERSON AS ME AND THEY DIED > OMGKLH;JFDSAKHJSDAFKHJSDAFKHJLDAFSJ > SOMEONE CALL THE LOL POLICE QUICK > > Ban notifications are done in-client via reform card. They have been for a number of years now. Thanks! Not sure why support couldnt have provided this the first 3 times I asked. I can let the account RIP now, thats DEFINITELY my writing
: Your 14-day ban was from 2018-06-08 to 2018-06-22. If you'd like, I'll post your chatlogs here.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:10:09.391+0000) > > Your 14-day ban was from 2018-06-08 to 2018-06-22. > > If you'd like, I'll post your chatlogs here. I don't mind, I'm sure I'll get a good laugh out of it. Can you tell me how I was notified of the suspension?
zPOOPz (NA)
: > I own and have sole access to the account as far as I know Incorrect. You do not own you account (read the ToS) and since your account is on Rito's server, you most definitely do not have sole access to your account. Side note, this is not a Rito thing. You do not **OWN** most any digital rights or intellectual properties when dealing with almost all company on the internet. Read the Terms of Service or User Agreement for them all.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T00:07:42.433+0000) > > Incorrect. You do not own you account (read the ToS) and since your account is on Rito's server, you most definitely do not have sole access to your account. > > Side note, this is not a Rito thing. You do not **OWN** most any digital rights or intellectual properties when dealing with almost all company on the internet. Read the Terms of Service or User Agreement for them all. Except that there are processes they have to follow, and there is a process for third party intervention when they make mistakes. Blindly accepting you have no rights is a mistake, and I can assure you there are options in ANY situation.
: > I have no recollection of ever receiving a 2 week ban, and definitely have every email from Riot going back 5 years. Emails aren't sent when you are banned. I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:50:00.432+0000) > > Emails aren't sent when you are banned. > > I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. > > Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner. "N3U7R1N0 January 7th 2019, 2:53:26 pm So your position is you can permanently ban an account that you can’t show received a 14 day suspension prior or provide any evidence of despite being asked to do so multiple times. Got it. Sent from my iPhone" Ticket was closed without update after that message. Am I harassing him or calling him out for some bullshit? You decide.
: > I have no recollection of ever receiving a 2 week ban, and definitely have every email from Riot going back 5 years. Emails aren't sent when you are banned. I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:50:00.432+0000) > > Emails aren't sent when you are banned. > > I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. > > Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner. I would have been gone from your lives on Saturday had you simply shown me the ban that happened in 2018. Now I think you guys are behaving suspiciously, didn't follow your own process, and I'm annoyed, so here I am. I want you to show me what happened in 2018, and something to indicate I was notified of the ban. Without that I will consider it an event that didn't take place and proceed accordingly.
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:10:05.322+0000) > > My point being, why would I think about or adjust my behavior if I was never told I received the suspension(I honestly have no memory whatsoever of ever receiving this 2 week suspension or playing league during that time, although my match history does show aram games during the time period. I never talk shit in aram unless intentionally provoked, why would I). Lol so stop trusting your shitty memory. Ever hear of the mandela effect? Yeah, the human memory is not reliable.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:28:30.688+0000) > > Lol so stop trusting your shitty memory. Ever hear of the mandela effect? Yeah, the human memory is not reliable. If I was trusting my memory, I wouldn't have spent days going through old emails, support tickets, and asking Riot to simply provide some evidence of the ban they are saying I received last year. Like I said in my other post, I hope to god this crap never happens to you guys coming onto these threads and blindly supporting Riot.
: > I have no recollection of ever receiving a 2 week ban, and definitely have every email from Riot going back 5 years. Emails aren't sent when you are banned. I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:50:00.432+0000) > > Emails aren't sent when you are banned. > > I can see on your account you have had a 10-game chat restriction, a 25-game chat restriction, a 14-day ban and finally a perma-ban. > > Are you looking to find the date of the previous ban? What reason did support give for closing your ticket? They will often close tickets if they are being harassed. However, I don't see any reason they wouldn't give you the info if you asked in a considerate manner. I received an email for a disciplinary action in 2014, which i still have, the 10 day and the 25 day chat restrictions in 2016, nothing in 2018. Call it harassment all you want, I've asked you guys to provide ANY form of evidence I was banned, I own and have sole access to the account as far as I know, and I'm saying I have NO MEMORY of it. I have not been rude or "harassed" anyone in my support tickets. You guys are crossing lines left and right. The onus is on you at this point to provide some proof it happened.
N3u7r1n0 (NA)
: Permbanned, Riot refuses to provide anything about previous 2 week ban
My point being, why would I think about or adjust my behavior if I was never told I received the suspension(I honestly have no memory whatsoever of ever receiving this 2 week suspension or playing league during that time, although my match history does show aram games during the time period. I never talk shit in aram unless intentionally provoked, why would I).
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:01:31.385+0000) > > Right, we've been over that, I didnt receive one, and they acknowledged this is true. When pressed about this, they said they just didn't send one. Weird right? Honestly, I'm gonna be all legalistic and lame I think you should get the email as per S.O.P. of riot, however, I don't know how or why you got banned, I'm not going to argue for you to get banned or unbanned without information. that all being said, I think that if the ban system is meant for players to learn and reform, then they should be given information to reflect upon in that time
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T23:03:46.535+0000) > > Honestly, I'm gonna be all legalistic and lame > > I think you should get the email as per S.O.P. of riot, however, I don't know how or why you got banned, I'm not going to argue for you to get banned or unbanned without information. > > that all being said, I think that if the ban system is meant for players to learn and reform, then they should be given information to reflect upon in that time I'm not looking to argue or debate my permanent ban - all I need is them to provide me something showing i received a 2 week ban. Seems strange to me they cant provide it and just glibly dismissed not notifying me of the ban.
: check your email?
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfIbceyR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-07T22:59:01.437+0000) > > check your email? Right, we've been over that, I didnt receive one, and they acknowledged this is true. When pressed about this, they said they just didn't send one. Weird right?
  Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a00010002,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:43:42.792+0000) > > I would like all information used to determine you did not make a mistake regarding the June 2018 ban. Whatever I do or don't receive will be important later. > > Thanks! Contact support.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a000100020000,timestamp=2019-01-07T00:51:21.034+0000) > > Contact support. Support has refused on 3 tickets to provide any information about the ban from June 2018 they keep saying happened. Is this normal? Seems strange to me. It would seem to me as the account owner, its a reasonable request and they should be able to provide something, since they're using that ban as the prelude to a permanent ban, and I have no recollection of that ban and no contact from Riot about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e00010001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-07T01:01:41.801+0000) > > No, I don't think that, but by your logic it's fine. Except you're the one saying that, not me. > Let me put it this way- if you consistently knew better than your teammates, you wouldn't be at the elo you're at. You would've climbed out of it quickly, and it wouldn't have mattered if you shared your "experience" with your teammates. Also, refer back to the chart: Too bad none of that is realistic. If someone on your team is constantly making mistakes, you cannot carry that. If it's multiple players on your team, GL with that. Let's be real here. You do not care. You're only here to troll and push your opinion onto others.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e000100010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T01:07:07.363+0000) > > Except you're the one saying that, not me. > > Too bad none of that is realistic. If someone on your team is constantly making mistakes, you cannot carry that. If it's multiple players on your team, GL with that. > > Let's be real here. You do not care. You're only here to troll and push your opinion onto others. Everything he has said is a straw man argument. Ignore him. Nothing in my ban log has anything to do with pointing out peoples mistakes or playing perfectly. People make decisions to troll or just throw games all the time and reacting to that dumb shit is what got me banned. This entire conversation should be a separate thread and has nothing to do with my account.
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a00010002,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:43:42.792+0000) > > I would like all information used to determine you did not make a mistake regarding the June 2018 ban. Whatever I do or don't receive will be important later. > > Thanks! Contact support.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a000100020000,timestamp=2019-01-07T00:51:21.034+0000) > > Contact support. I asked them for it multiple times with no response and then they closed my ticket. All good. I'm done talking to you guys about this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pantallicus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:02:20.803+0000) > > tbh you honestly just got trolled on this one, i don't think a perma is deserved here. you did rage and become toxic, but i think you can reform in this instance. I just say shit like "wow, super unfortunate that you asked for my jg and ended up not taking smite and trolling, good luck in future games!" It gets the point across without being toxic. this game is weird in its reporting system. They walk a fine line between players being able to try new playstyles and trolling. Best to say a small piece in a non toxic way and just report your grievance after. The system is broken IMO they need to bring back tribunals, every game is different and blanket bans could be singling out good players who get frustrated at real feeders and trolls, who if they don't say anything in chat, tend not to get banned. Well, sorry you don’t recall what your punishment was i June, but it sounds like they went above and beyond making sure it was you who had played on the account at the time of your last punishment. Your punishment standing does not decrease with time alone, so if this were to follow a 2 week, you’d likely have been escalated to a permanent ban. I’m sorry you don’t agree with their assessment, but it does sound like this was thoroughly reviewed.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2019-01-06T20:25:44.553+0000) > > Well, sorry you don’t recall what your punishment was i June, but it sounds like they went above and beyond making sure it was you who had played on the account at the time of your last punishment. > > Your punishment standing does not decrease with time alone, so if this were to follow a 2 week, you’d likely have been escalated to a permanent ban. > > I’m sorry you don’t agree with their assessment, but it does sound like this was thoroughly reviewed. I would like all information used to determine you did not make a mistake regarding the June 2018 ban. Whatever I do or don't receive will be important later. Thanks!
N3u7r1n0 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pantallicus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a00010001,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:07:38.517+0000) > > Maybe a misquote here, I was giving my opinion on his ban, and it appears you are referring to me here. The system is what it is, kinda feel bad for the guy. she just quoted the wrong post they keep saying they have made sure this wasnt an error they refuse to provide any detail about how they have come to that conclusion all i asked for was an email or logs showing i received the ban this is whack still waiting Don't feel bad for me, not playing this game just means i play something else or find a more productive use of my time. I'm only still here because until they prove they followed their own process I'm not eliminating the prospect of trying to recoup my funds, whether through arbitration or other means.
> [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:11:39.102+0000) > > she just quoted the wrong post > > they keep saying they have made sure this wasnt an error > > they refuse to provide any detail about how they have come to that conclusion > > all i asked for was an email or logs showing i received the ban > > this is whack > > still waiting > > Don't feel bad for me, not playing this game just means i play something else or find a more productive use of my time. I'm only still here because until they prove they followed their own process I'm not eliminating the prospect of trying to recoup my funds, whether through arbitration or other means. Yeah they just closed the ticket, so I'm assuming they're tracking my posts and want to let me know they're not going to provide any proof. Their mistake!
: > [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2019-01-06T20:25:44.553+0000) > > Well, sorry you don’t recall what your punishment was i June, but it sounds like they went above and beyond making sure it was you who had played on the account at the time of your last punishment. > > Your punishment standing does not decrease with time alone, so if this were to follow a 2 week, you’d likely have been escalated to a permanent ban. > > I’m sorry you don’t agree with their assessment, but it does sound like this was thoroughly reviewed. Maybe a misquote here, I was giving my opinion on his ban, and it appears you are referring to me here. The system is what it is, kinda feel bad for the guy.
> [{quoted}](name=Pantallicus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a00010001,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:07:38.517+0000) > > Maybe a misquote here, I was giving my opinion on his ban, and it appears you are referring to me here. The system is what it is, kinda feel bad for the guy. she just quoted the wrong post they keep saying they have made sure this wasnt an error they refuse to provide any detail about how they have come to that conclusion all i asked for was an email or logs showing i received the ban this is whack still waiting Don't feel bad for me, not playing this game just means i play something else or find a more productive use of my time. I'm only still here because until they prove they followed their own process I'm not eliminating the prospect of trying to recoup my funds, whether through arbitration or other means.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pantallicus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:02:20.803+0000) > > tbh you honestly just got trolled on this one, i don't think a perma is deserved here. you did rage and become toxic, but i think you can reform in this instance. I just say shit like "wow, super unfortunate that you asked for my jg and ended up not taking smite and trolling, good luck in future games!" It gets the point across without being toxic. this game is weird in its reporting system. They walk a fine line between players being able to try new playstyles and trolling. Best to say a small piece in a non toxic way and just report your grievance after. The system is broken IMO they need to bring back tribunals, every game is different and blanket bans could be singling out good players who get frustrated at real feeders and trolls, who if they don't say anything in chat, tend not to get banned. Well, sorry you don’t recall what your punishment was i June, but it sounds like they went above and beyond making sure it was you who had played on the account at the time of your last punishment. Your punishment standing does not decrease with time alone, so if this were to follow a 2 week, you’d likely have been escalated to a permanent ban. I’m sorry you don’t agree with their assessment, but it does sound like this was thoroughly reviewed.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2019-01-06T20:25:44.553+0000) > > Well, sorry you don’t recall what your punishment was i June, but it sounds like they went above and beyond making sure it was you who had played on the account at the time of your last punishment. > > Your punishment standing does not decrease with time alone, so if this were to follow a 2 week, you’d likely have been escalated to a permanent ban. > > I’m sorry you don’t agree with their assessment, but it does sound like this was thoroughly reviewed. Thats great that you guys all agree you made the right decision. I received nothing to prove i was notified of the ban. Seems suspicious to me I have notifications of every single other thing I went looking for. No one provided a copy of an email, logs of me logging in from my home wan IP to review the ban, nothing. Just the assurances from your staff that it happened. If I cut off services to one of my customers who had prepaid thousands of dollars and provided them no evidence of the reason for cutting off their service, I'd be dragged into court.
Zardo (NA)
: >That is in no way equivalent to what i did or whats in my ban log. You're right, that's why I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to someone else. Comprende?
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:59:45.764+0000) > > You're right, that's why I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to someone else. > > Comprende? Forgive my vanity, but this is my thread, so I'm assuming the conversation is all centered on my post. I'll concede I thought that response was to me.
Zardo (NA)
: How would you enjoy if I, as your teammate, instead of focusing on the game, sat and watched every minor mistake you made in lane, watched you misposition, watched you miss cs, watched you mismanage the wave, watched you overextend, watched you mess up abilities, and for each of these mistakes I decided to type in chat what exactly you messed up and why? People for the most part either a) Already know what mistake they made b) Don't care c) Disagree with what you said People aren't queueing up to play with the legendary The Highest Noon in search of coaching, they're doing it to play league of legends. Nobody cares that you noticed them make a mistake, because of the reasons stated above.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:45:31.268+0000) > > How would you enjoy if I, as your teammate, instead of focusing on the game, sat and watched every minor mistake you made in lane, watched you misposition, watched you miss cs, watched you mismanage the wave, watched you overextend, watched you mess up abilities, and for each of these mistakes I decided to type in chat what exactly you messed up and why? > > People for the most part either > > a) Already know what mistake they made > > b) Don't care > > c) Disagree with what you said > > People aren't queueing up to play with the legendary The Highest Noon in search of coaching, they're doing it to play league of legends. Nobody cares that you noticed them make a mistake, because of the reasons stated above. That is in no way equivalent to what i did or whats in my ban log. The friggin guy asked to trade, I agreed, then he didn't pick the summoner or spells for it. Lets compare apples to apples if were going to try to come to a consensus. I already uninstalled, I don't really care to prove a point to you but I think you're missing my main point about the competition aspect - Riot markets the game as the premiere big boy esports game, then every time someone takes it seriously and gets upset they turn around and pretend like its a kindergarten kickball game that doesn't tolerate that competitive energy and emotions that competition evokes They shouldnt be allowed to have it both ways and permaban peoples accounts for taking the competition seriously, and hide behind the kindergarten kickball rules Is this a serious competitive game or is it a safe space for peoples feelings? In the real world, there is no safe space for peoples feelings in anything competitive. Riot is operating on an oyxmoronic premise here, and they stole my money while trying to be on both of sides of the fence. Theyr're in the wrong. The money in my account is big boy money, not kindergarten money. Comprende?
Zardo (NA)
: >Calling people rtards who are arguing an erroneous point out of complete ignorance may seem offensive to you It's not offensive to me. >You can't equate LoL iron solo queue with real life teamwork challenges. You're right. Which is why the rest of your comment has 0 relevance to the conversation. Certain words and phrases can fly in certain companies. I would never be allowed to call coworkers "r%%%%%s" at my job, but you may be able to at your job. Riot doesn't allow these for whatever reason, be it investors, be it just them wanting to have a clean community, whatever it is you have to accept it.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:33:18.338+0000) > > It's not offensive to me. > > You're right. Which is why the rest of your comment has 0 relevance to the conversation. Certain words and phrases can fly in certain companies. I would never be allowed to call coworkers "r%%%%%s" at my job, but you may be able to at your job. Riot doesn't allow these for whatever reason, be it investors, be it just them wanting to have a clean community, whatever it is you have to accept it. You can be sure if one of my guys didn't show up on game day prepared and caused a project failure(game loss if we're extending the metaphor) I'd be calling him worse than a rtard and he'd likely end up without a job
Zardo (NA)
: >I'm guessing you have never competed seriously at anything I'm guessing you have never competed seriously, because calling people "r%%%%%s" can get you kicked out of tournaments. At the very least, you'd get kicked off any team for calling your teammates "blind r%%%%%s" then continuing the conversation in all chat instead of playing because they weren't paying attention in an online ranked mode. You don't want to bring competitive experience into this, because one of the most important things about a competitive environment is having a team who works well together. People are considered "too toxic to work with" if they are even slightly passive aggressive in a team environment for too long. Competitive is a completely different environment where people are expected to act way more mature than they would in an online ranked game.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:12:38.571+0000) > > I'm guessing you have never competed seriously, because calling people "r%%%%%s" can get you kicked out of tournaments. At the very least, you'd get kicked off any team for calling your teammates "blind r%%%%%s" then continuing the conversation in all chat instead of playing because they weren't paying attention in an online ranked mode. > > You don't want to bring competitive experience into this, because one of the most important things about a competitive environment is having a team who works well together. People are considered "too toxic to work with" if they are even slightly passive aggressive in a team environment for too long. Competitive is a completely different environment where people are expected to act way more mature than they would in an online ranked game. Buddy you're referencing league of legends as the pinnacle of sports or teamwork. I manage teams of people on projects in real life where 6 figures are on the line every day if we don't meet deadlines or complete tasks on schedule. I appreciate your vigor, but I have little experience with professional esports. I have significant experience in professional life and real sports, and you're way off base with just about everything you've said, based off my personal experience. You can't equate LoL iron solo queue with real life teamwork challenges. Sorry to burst your bubble. Calling people rtards who are arguing an erroneous point out of complete ignorance may seem offensive to you, but in real life, we have to act on the reality of what's happening. If I was part of an actual 'team', the circumstance would never arise where they don't understand what is going on in the match in any way. I called them blind rtards because 3 people were arguing I was supposed to be jungling, when their friend the mid player asked to trade and I agreed. Everyone on the team has the same access and visibility to that chat. I'm sorry that people don't like being called out for their personal deficiencies and failures, and clearly that's why i need to not play this game anymore. I have been called out plenty of times for my own failures, and I dont try to get people permabanned for it.
Rhyto (NA)
: I'm sorry about your account but the rules are set as well as in the EULA we all signed and with the money being poured in this game I myself am not willing risk losing an account solely because someone else decides to make the game terrible for 30 min. It's frustrating to see people play this game poorly especially in ranked where a certain level of mastery of the game is supposed to be understood and executed but until a "Win Requirement" System is in place (Like 250 W required to play ranked or something more than just Level 30 or even Mastery 5's of a certain number of champions and roles) we'll have to appreciate however many games are played towards the Level restriction. tl;dr Just mute everyone or if you really have to speak up, just sugar coat it so you won't get flagged for it so easily. Plenty of shows that use "other" words to represent the common language we all know. P.S. Out of curiosity, how much did you end of losing?
> [{quoted}](name=Rhyto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:49:34.475+0000) > > I'm sorry about your account but the rules are set as well as in the EULA we all signed and with the money being poured in this game I myself am not willing risk losing an account solely because someone else decides to make the game terrible for 30 min. > > It's frustrating to see people play this game poorly especially in ranked where a certain level of mastery of the game is supposed to be understood and executed but until a "Win Requirement" System is in place (Like 250 W required to play ranked or something more than just Level 30 or even Mastery 5's of a certain number of champions and roles) we'll have to appreciate however many games are played towards the Level restriction. > > tl;dr Just mute everyone or if you really have to speak up, just sugar coat it so you won't get flagged for it so easily. Plenty of shows that use "other" words to represent the common language we all know. > > P.S. Out of curiosity, how much did you end of losing? Thanks for the advice but I'm not playing this game again. No idea what I lost won't know the amount til I get the report from my bank tomorrow. Can't get much historical bank statement reporting on a Sunday.
Zardo (NA)
: >Can't tell someone to stop trying to 1v1 a fed Riven when they're 0-7. >Can't ask someone to gank when I'm only slightly behind in lane. Yes you can. Literally the only way it's punishable is if you FLAME instead of telling them that they probably should stop trying to 1v1 the fed carry or flame instead of asking for a gank What good does "calling people out" do? At best it gets them to just mute you which results in less communication. At worst they'll get into a flame war with you, not focusing on the game instead focusing on who can flame each other the hardest. The best part about this is that you also make major mistakes and "bad plays" hence why you're playing at the same mmr as them. Seriously, riot is a company. They can't have a bunch of immature children who never got taught how to behave when they were younger representing their game or they would not have any investors at all. >It ends up with daily threads of people saying "This guy was running down mid yet I get banned for calling it out". Well no crap. A lot of the time people use slurs or other 0 tolerance words towards people who are literally doing what they are doing to get a reaction out of you. And they just give them that reaction. Again, this is something most people learned when they were children- these people just want a reaction, don't give it to them. >Riot is trying to make this game some kinda promise land for sissy fufu positivity but that's doing more harm than good. No, riot is trying to prevent flame wars and not have a bunch of immature grown people representing their company who are so sensitive they can't handle the fact that someone misplayed in a free online video game and choose to harass them based off of that.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:48:15.041+0000) > > Yes you can. Literally the only way it's punishable is if you FLAME instead of telling them that they probably should stop trying to 1v1 the fed carry or flame instead of asking for a gank > > What good does "calling people out" do? At best it gets them to just mute you which results in less communication. At worst they'll get into a flame war with you, not focusing on the game instead focusing on who can flame each other the hardest. The best part about this is that you also make major mistakes and "bad plays" hence why you're playing at the same mmr as them. > > Seriously, riot is a company. They can't have a bunch of immature children who never got taught how to behave when they were younger representing their game or they would not have any investors at all. > > Well no crap. A lot of the time people use slurs or other 0 tolerance words towards people who are literally doing what they are doing to get a reaction out of you. And they just give them that reaction. Again, this is something most people learned when they were children- these people just want a reaction, don't give it to them. > > No, riot is trying to prevent flame wars and not have a bunch of immature grown people representing their company who are so sensitive they can't handle the fact that someone misplayed in a free online video game and choose to harass them based off of that. Stop calling it a free game it detracts from an otherwise salient argument. An account with 142 champs and 160 skins isn't free. If you look at my ban logs and think its immaturity, I'm guessing you have never competed seriously at anything before or played any kind of sports.
: if it was, 3/4 of the community from every country would be banned. so I am gonna go out on a limb and say either toxicity is not perma banned worthy or the riot team just doesn't care.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:14:20.488+0000) > > if it was, 3/4 of the community from every country would be banned. so I am gonna go out on a limb and say either toxicity is not perma banned worthy or the riot team just doesn't care. It's weird I got perma banned for mildly toxic chat then huh
: tbh you honestly just got trolled on this one, i don't think a perma is deserved here. you did rage and become toxic, but i think you can reform in this instance. I just say shit like "wow, super unfortunate that you asked for my jg and ended up not taking smite and trolling, good luck in future games!" It gets the point across without being toxic. this game is weird in its reporting system. They walk a fine line between players being able to try new playstyles and trolling. Best to say a small piece in a non toxic way and just report your grievance after. The system is broken IMO they need to bring back tribunals, every game is different and blanket bans could be singling out good players who get frustrated at real feeders and trolls, who if they don't say anything in chat, tend not to get banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Pantallicus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=icArsFT3,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:02:20.803+0000) > > tbh you honestly just got trolled on this one, i don't think a perma is deserved here. you did rage and become toxic, but i think you can reform in this instance. I just say shit like "wow, super unfortunate that you asked for my jg and ended up not taking smite and trolling, good luck in future games!" It gets the point across without being toxic. this game is weird in its reporting system. They walk a fine line between players being able to try new playstyles and trolling. Best to say a small piece in a non toxic way and just report your grievance after. The system is broken IMO they need to bring back tribunals, every game is different and blanket bans could be singling out good players who get frustrated at real feeders and trolls, who if they don't say anything in chat, tend not to get banned. Yeah probably sound advice, unfortunately it falls on deaf ears at this point. This action and support response has forever tainted Riot in my mind. I already uninstalled. Plenty of other games out there. cheers
: Then I will be blunt, don't play any online games. Any game that is online and can have progression will always be at risk of becoming void or obsolete. Whether through punishments, services going offline, or by design; a dev or publisher can make all progress simply vanish.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000800020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:48:46.974+0000) > > Then I will be blunt, don't play any online games. Any game that is online and can have progression will always be at risk of becoming void or obsolete. > > Whether through punishments, services going offline, or by design; a dev or publisher can make all progress simply vanish. Listen man I appreciate the advice, but straight up, I have been gaming daily since text based dungeon crawlers on my commodore 64 in the mid 80s. I have played every game worth playing for the last 30 years. I understand games and gaming communities. What I'm saying is, Riot is on some bullshit, and will never get anything from me again. No hard feelings, no sad goodbyes, I'm only in these forums for the first time ever to see the actual community response to this event. I have seen what I need to see.
: It's a matter of debate vs a matter of control. Riot does not want "negative" behavior in their game, even though "negative' behavior is the basis of any competition out there. That means no calling out bad plays. No talking trash. No rhetoric that can be seen as "negative". If what you're saying doesn't make someone feel like you have feelings for them, it isn't allowed. Now, _personally_ I think that's fucking stupid. It's a competition--a competition that requires a lot of time with little control of your own. People are _going_ to take it seriously. Trash talking should be allowed. Calling out bad plays should be allowed. It's 2019. Women call eachother bitches on the regular. Men call eachother trash on the regular. People insult eachother while playing sports on the regular. People call out mistakes while playing team sports on the regular. People talk trash while playing competitive video games on the regular. But guess what? Everyone is still fine at the end of any of that. Riot is trying to make this game some kinda promise land for sissy fufu positivity but that's doing more harm than good. It ends up with daily threads of people saying "This guy was running down mid yet I get banned for calling it out". Instead of focusing on punishing the saltiness, the trash-talking, the _teamwork_ involved with pointing out why something failed or how someone made a mistake that--in my experience--they usually don't understand is a mistake, Riot _should_ focus on punishing the spite, the hate, the sexism, the racism, the senseless victimization, the "kill yourself"s, the "God you suck"s, the stupidity that doesn't in any way shape nor form actually involve playing the game. I hate that I'm forced to endure every single blatantly terrible play from my teammates. Can't tell someone to stop trying to 1v1 a fed Riven when they're 0-7. Can't ask someone to gank when I'm only slightly behind in lane. I'm afraid to even ask my support to ward river because it'll probably get me banned for that, too. This shit is stupid. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:47:48.732+0000) > > It's a matter of debate vs a matter of control. Riot does not want "negative" behavior in their game, even though "negative' behavior is the basis of any competition out there. That means no calling out bad plays. No talking trash. No rhetoric that can be seen as "negative". If what you're saying doesn't make someone feel like you have feelings for them, it isn't allowed. > > Now, _personally_ I think that's fucking stupid. It's a competition--a competition that requires a lot of time with little control of your own. People are _going_ to take it seriously. Trash talking should be allowed. Calling out bad plays should be allowed. It's 2019. Women call eachother bitches on the regular. Men call eachother trash on the regular. People insult eachother while playing sports on the regular. People call out mistakes while playing team sports on the regular. People talk trash while playing competitive video games on the regular. But guess what? Everyone is still fine at the end of any of that. Riot is trying to make this game some kinda promise land for sissy fufu positivity but that's doing more harm than good. It ends up with daily threads of people saying "This guy was running down mid yet I get banned for calling it out". > > Instead of focusing on punishing the saltiness, the trash-talking, the _teamwork_ involved with pointing out why something failed or how someone made a mistake that--in my experience--they usually don't understand is a mistake, Riot _should_ focus on punishing the spite, the hate, the sexism, the racism, the senseless victimization, the "kill yourself"s, the "God you suck"s, the stupidity that doesn't in any way shape nor form actually involve playing the game. > > I hate that I'm forced to endure every single blatantly terrible play from my teammates. Can't tell someone to stop trying to 1v1 a fed Riven when they're 0-7. Can't ask someone to gank when I'm only slightly behind in lane. I'm afraid to even ask my support to ward river because it'll probably get me banned for that, too. This shit is stupid. > {{sticker:sg-janna}} Yeah I guess my thing is, why is there a mute button, a default profanity filter, and a chat ban system, but text chat can get you permabanned. I never said anything that was hate speech, racist or anything like that. To me honestly it looks like they reviewed my account, looked at my activity and reports, and made a calculation there was a good chance if they ban me I'd start over and pay them all over again, knowing there was nothing i would ever need to purchase on that account again. That is not happening. I appreciate all the advice on these posts, but this is just an exercise in observation at this point for me, seeing how people respond to what they did and gauge the community.
: As it stands, this "illusion" as you put is true for every other free to play game that immediately comes to mind. Habbo Hotel - Online hangout "game" Runescape - Money in can still be banned. Rocket League (not f2p) - can be banned. Usually removes from comp ladder like OW because not a free game. Money in a game account doesn't make immune.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=0008000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:40:56.927+0000) > > As it stands, this "illusion" as you put is true for every other free to play game that immediately comes to mind. > > Habbo Hotel - Online hangout "game" > Runescape - Money in can still be banned. > Rocket League (not f2p) - can be banned. Usually removes from comp ladder like OW because not a free game. > > Money in a game account doesn't make immune. Didn't say it did, and I never played any of those games. All I'm saying is after this experience, I will never play any game _especially_ League where a dev can push a button and wipe out a significant investment of my time and money. Life lesson learned!
fire263 (NA)
: I don't know chat logs or anything, so I can't tell you if what you did deserves punishment or not, but I personally don't like the idea that one action can cause you to get banned forever, it just doesn't seem too fair especially if you've spent some money on the game. I feel as if there should be some way to prove that you've reformed and can now control anger even after you've been banned (which is why I personally like the idea I suggested above), or maybe if you create a new account and play without being toxic for awhile you can submit a ticket linking your new account and ask for a repeal. Then Riot can maybe view a few chat logs of your new account and determine if you should get unbanned. I understand it's in terms of service, but spending a lot of money in a game only to lose it all because you're tilted seems slightly unfair. I don't quite remember too well, but back in the day (I believe 2013 or 2014) they had a bit more bans and such before you get perma banned. I've never been too toxic, and haven't received any sort of punishment for toxicity before, but back when I started in 2013-2014 I remember I was playing on a crappy 5 year old sony computer that would constantly crash, so I left quite a few games. I ended up getting banned, but I believe my ban was actually just a 3 day ban, which I don't think exists today. I'm pretty sure they had a 3 day ban, then 14, then like a month back then, which allowed you more chances to try and reform, and I feel they should bring back that system, not to mention you even got a warning before you got your first ban, which can be helpful for some players. As I said, I don't know what you've been banned for, but whatever you did, best thing to do now imo is try and create a new account, and stay as positive as you can. Give it a few months and try and ask for a repeal by saying that you've been very positive on your new account. It's more luck, as you might not get a forgiving rioter who won't unban you, or perhaps even a bot, but it's probably the last thing you can hope to do in order to recover your account. Good luck though, and hope Riot decides to forgive you.
> [{quoted}](name=fire263,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:36:46.125+0000) > > I don't know chat logs or anything, so I can't tell you if what you did deserves punishment or not, but I personally don't like the idea that one action can cause you to get banned forever, it just doesn't seem too fair especially if you've spent some money on the game. I feel as if there should be some way to prove that you've reformed and can now control anger even after you've been banned (which is why I personally like the idea I suggested above), or maybe if you create a new account and play without being toxic for awhile you can submit a ticket linking your new account and ask for a repeal. Then Riot can maybe view a few chat logs of your new account and determine if you should get unbanned. I understand it's in terms of service, but spending a lot of money in a game only to lose it all because you're tilted seems slightly unfair. > > I don't quite remember too well, but back in the day (I believe 2013 or 2014) they had a bit more bans and such before you get perma banned. I've never been too toxic, and haven't received any sort of punishment for toxicity before, but back when I started in 2013-2014 I remember I was playing on a crappy 5 year old sony computer that would constantly crash, so I left quite a few games. I ended up getting banned, but I believe my ban was actually just a 3 day ban, which I don't think exists today. I'm pretty sure they had a 3 day ban, then 14, then like a month back then, which allowed you more chances to try and reform, and I feel they should bring back that system, not to mention you even got a warning before you got your first ban, which can be helpful for some players. > > As I said, I don't know what you've been banned for, but whatever you did, best thing to do now imo is try and create a new account, and stay as positive as you can. Give it a few months and try and ask for a repeal by saying that you've been very positive on your new account. It's more luck, as you might not get a forgiving rioter who won't unban you, or perhaps even a bot, but it's probably the last thing you can hope to do in order to recover your account. Good luck though, and hope Riot decides to forgive you. Yeah no. I have made it clear to riot i will never play their game or any product they produce for the rest of my life. I will not even be checking these posts after today, I only created them to see what league players think about this stuff, and its clear, we don't see eye to eye.
: > [{quoted}](name=N3u7r1n0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-01-06T15:50:07.760+0000) > > As far as I can tell the problem is the shadow 'community' ban assessment. Having anonymous players reading things and acting like they're the big brother of the person the reportee is talking to is the dumbest system imaginable. What? There are no players reading things from the reports. The only time any players see chat logs is when they are posted here. Are you referring to the Tribunal that was removed?
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:35:04.734+0000) > > What? There are no players reading things from the reports. The only time any players see chat logs is when they are posted here. Are you referring to the Tribunal that was removed? No I don't know the system someone told me reports go to players.
Nhifu (NA)
: Leagues just a toxic game in general All chat is practically barons chat And talking to your team is 80% of the time telling them to stop feeding; and they retaliate and troll you.
> [{quoted}](name=Nhifu,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:28:34.280+0000) > > Leagues just a toxic game in general > All chat is practically barons chat > And talking to your team is 80% of the time telling them to stop feeding; and they retaliate and troll you. You make a good point, every game is toxic, so what about my ban log is severe enough to warrant a permanent ban in your opinion? I think I was pretty chill considering the circumstances, but used language I shouldnt have and typed too much.
Jo0o (NA)
: I mean, you're hateful and toxic to your teammates. Your chat log would win a bingo card of straightforward toxic behavior multiple times over. The reason why you got permanently banned is, as you said, you had a two-week ban in June. You say you have "no recollection" of that happening. I will assume a two-week ban isn't something you'd just forget happened, so either you got hacked or you're lying. If you were hacked, you have my sympathy, but that would only mean that your punishment this time around would be a two-week ban instead, and you seem like you had/have no intention to change the way you treat your fellow players, so all that would really buy you is a few more weeks with this account.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OITmXRE9,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-01-06T17:28:35.811+0000) > > I mean, you're hateful and toxic to your teammates. Your chat log would win a bingo card of straightforward toxic behavior multiple times over. > > The reason why you got permanently banned is, as you said, you had a two-week ban in June. You say you have "no recollection" of that happening. I will assume a two-week ban isn't something you'd just forget happened, so either you got hacked or you're lying. If you were hacked, you have my sympathy, but that would only mean that your punishment this time around would be a two-week ban instead, and you seem like you had/have no intention to change the way you treat your fellow players, so all that would really buy you is a few more weeks with this account. Calm down you have no insight or knowledge of the incident. I'm telling you it didn't happen according to my memory, I have no communications from riot about it in any form, and when support was asked multiple times they have refused to provide any evidence of that ban for me. All they have to do is show me the ban card or email and I'll accept it. They have addressed every other question and concern of mine, but will not provide me anything regarding that ban. I have provided them detailed info and screen shots of my personal mailbox, and they just said they didnt send a notification. Why would i react to a ban i didnt know happened? What exactly in my ban log is hateful?
Exibir mais

N3u7r1n0

Nível 48 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão