: > [{quoted}](name=NicholasGerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:59:53.224+0000) > > Repeatedly engaged in sticking up for myself? You seem to be missing the point. Because I have not once bashed someone for feeding or being a less than desirable player... it's a game... So I didn't engage in harassment I engaged in doing the right thing just like any hero in society. "Behavior like mine" is dealt back to people who think they can bully other people in chat. I also was never given a specific reason as to why I was suspended. I was given a log of my words only without ANY of the nonsense being dished to me. I don't expect Riot to change their rules on my behalf, I expect humans to do the right thing and recognize right from wrong. So again, if this is not the community that stands behind victims and simply writes them off as if they are rule breakers, then please tell me this is so and we'll call it a day. Sticking up for yourself? What do you think this is; 16-century France? "1v1 me, monsieur!"? There is no purpose to "behavior like yours." It doesn't accomplish anything. The bullies keep bullying, and chat turns into a schoolyard fight. You're just throwing gasoline on the fire. That doesn't make you a hero, it makes you someone who cannot currently play League of Legends due to repeated misbehavior. The only chat messages included in your chat log are your own for a single, extremely good reason: they are the only ones taken into account for your punishment, because they're the only ones in your control. The things other players said and did in your match might produce in you an impulse to do certain things that may include breaking LoL's rules, but your behavior is your own, and you are responsible for it. If you really think about it, this is a good thing. If a toxic player's goading could exempt you from punishment for your flaming them, calling for reports, etc., then it would logically go the other way as well, resulting in punishments for players who didn't necessarily break any rules but weren't quite as friendly and positive as their teammates. Can you imagine a world where "didn't participate in the dance party and ignored all of our jokes" was a valid report that could get someone suspended for two weeks? We don't want that situation anymore than we want "called our support a braindead waste of space" to be considered an _invalid_ report just because, say, the support was telling their team to harm themselves while they merrily ran it down mid. When someone bothered you, you became a victim. When you decided to bother them back for no good reason whatsoever, you became a perpetrator as well. I've given you extensive and detailed explanations on what you did wrong, but you're free to think and believe whatever you want. If you choose to exit the community rather than improve your behavior such that said community can at least tolerate playing with you, that's your decision to make.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:10:38.024+0000) > > Sticking up for yourself? What do you think this is; 16-century France? "1v1 me, monsieur!"? There is no purpose to "behavior like yours." It doesn't accomplish anything. The bullies keep bullying, and chat turns into a schoolyard fight. You're just throwing gasoline on the fire. That doesn't make you a hero, it makes you someone who cannot currently play League of Legends due to repeated misbehavior. > > The only chat messages included in your chat log are your own for a single, extremely good reason: they are the only ones taken into account for your punishment, because they're the only ones in your control. The things other players said and did in your match might produce in you an impulse to do certain things that may include breaking LoL's rules, but your behavior is your own, and you are responsible for it. If you really think about it, this is a good thing. If a toxic player's goading could exempt you from punishment for your flaming them, calling for reports, etc., then it would logically go the other way as well, resulting in punishments for players who didn't necessarily break any rules but weren't quite as friendly and positive as their teammates. Can you imagine a world where "didn't participate in the dance party and ignored all of our jokes" was a valid report that could get someone suspended for two weeks? We don't want that situation anymore than we want "called our support a braindead waste of space" to be considered an _invalid_ report just because, say, the support was telling their team to harm themselves while they merrily ran it down mid. > > When someone bothered you, you became a victim. When you decided to bother them back for no good reason whatsoever, you became a perpetrator as well. > > I've given you extensive and detailed explanations on what you did wrong, but you're free to think and believe whatever you want. If you choose to exit the community rather than improve your behavior such that said community can at least tolerate playing with you, that's your decision to make. I respect you for what you do in your experiences. I have stuck up to bullies many times in life and have evened the playing field to where they back down or leave you be. I've made my point here, and the "rules" have made their point: automatic bans can and will be enforced regardless if they were placed by the instigator. I hope some people can realize how this is a broken endless cycle of "dealing with misbehavior" and I can return once things evolve to a more familiar gaming community someday. Until then, I bid you adieu monsieur.
: > [{quoted}](name=NicholasGerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:06:38.433+0000) > > It is being a victim. Getting harassed is being a victim. I'm not sure what world you live in but getting verbally abused is 100% being a victim. Standing up for yourself has never been a crime. I have muted and reported people many times that have started trash talking and NEVER receive notification of suspensions so that is not a valid solution. In this exact game, of which I was banned, I had witnesses and they supported me as well. Still seeking a proper answer and moreover - Justice.... It is indeed being a victim, but if you strike back, that gives them more reason to harass you. Its your fault if you don't mute them. You could avoid everything by just muting the harasser.
> [{quoted}](name=saphireflame123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:51:00.089+0000) > > It is indeed being a victim, but if you strike back, that gives them more reason to harass you. > > Its your fault if you don't mute them. You could avoid everything by just muting the harasser. I am being reported by the people I'm reporting and according to the email Riot sent back, reports aren't looked into and if you accumulate I believe 5, you are automatically cut off. So again, my issue is that I feel it is unjust that the instigator can report you for literally anything you say or do to combat his negativity. I'm just stating an opinion here, i respect people that follow the rules or just throw people on mute. For you rule followers I ask this, why toss suspensions on it when people can just go and make new accounts. Are they really losing anything and learning the lessons you hope that they will follow? I doubt it because over the last 5-6 years I've played this game, instigators are in your game more often than not. Doesn't seem to be working.
: ive said before and ill say it again if riot doesnt wanna do anything about the report system then just drop it entirely and only ban trolls and feeders
> [{quoted}](name=Light Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:56:57.992+0000) > > ive said before and ill say it again if riot doesnt wanna do anything about the report system then just drop it entirely and only ban trolls and feeders That's why I'm saying my part, people can take it for what it is and I'm on to a community more fit for me (which again is literally any other community because I've never been banned or suspended for sticking up for myself ever). Been playing video games/computer games for over 20+ years.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NicholasGerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:08:45.866+0000) > > I accept that I stand up for myself. Standing up for yourself against that triggered 12 year old whose flaming all his team every game? Standing up for yourself in an online video game? This isn't court pal, you don't stand up for yourself here. No body online gives two damns about you. On online video games you just ignore the annoyances. > I accept that this community is rule crazy. Rule crazy? If one person flames then it's one person whose ruining the game. If the other person starts flaming too, it's 2 people ruining the game. That's the problem. > I accept that you are telling me that victims are penalized harsher than harassers when they take a stand. You are no victim, this is not court. You had options, you chose the one that would get you banned. You can mute him and never see his chat, nor pings and you wouldn't have to "stand up for youself" anymore >Right or wrong? My case exemplifies this, once again. Your case exemplifies that you learned nothing from these bans and from what people told you here, and that you will continue to get banned in the future because of this.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:16:53.917+0000) > > Standing up for yourself against that triggered 12 year old whose flaming all his team every game? > > Standing up for yourself in an online video game? > This isn't court pal, you don't stand up for yourself here. > No body online gives two damns about you. > On online video games you just ignore the annoyances. > > Rule crazy? > If one person flames then it's one person whose ruining the game. > If the other person starts flaming too, it's 2 people ruining the game. > > That's the problem. > > You are no victim, this is not court. > You had options, you chose the one that would get you banned. > > You can mute him and never see his chat, nor pings and you wouldn't have to "stand up for youself" anymore > > Your case exemplifies that you learned nothing from these bans and from what people told you here, and that you will continue to get banned in the future because of this. Not your pal guy. And the feeling about caring is mutual. Care less about you now just knowing that you're a pushovers that sits there and takes it and thinks that he is upholding the law somehow. Suspensions and bans won't stop the instigators. I'm one of those people that would get your back and my back if you're getting flamed. It's good to know that you resemble everything that's wrong about the automatic suspension system, don't need the wanna be cop talk from you. I am here voicing my opinion of how broken the rule is. You pretend like muting and reporting instigators will resolve the game-after-game-trolls but they will keep creating new accounts and continue to plague games. It would seem evident by all of the people throwing the rule book at the situation instead of fighting for a better solution, that this _unique _community is not for me and I'll take my leave but if people stood up for what was right, people like me wouldn't be suspended and furthermore, instigators would think twice about acting up. A suspension and or ban really mean nothing because again, you can create another account. Muting goes both ways too if the people that somehow are inflicted by me standing up, feel as if i'm truly "ruining your game" then mute me. I find it hard to believe that I ruined a game even though I carried my team as a supp and was taking lip from our adc even though his stats were horrendous. The likelihood of the situation is that each person I stood up to reported me back so if the rules are set to automatically ban upon x amounts of reports (without review). This is my problem and this is why I'm voicing my opinion. It may not be the popular opinion but I'm off to another community that is reasonable (literally every other gaming community). Deuces guy.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Blame no one but yourself. YOU are responsible for YOUR actions, and your actions alone. You chose to retaliate instead just muting them. Therefore you can only blame yourself for that ban.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-15T07:01:57.907+0000) > > Blame no one but yourself. > YOU are responsible for YOUR actions, and your actions alone. > > You chose to retaliate instead just muting them. > Therefore you can only blame yourself for that ban. I know right from wrong I accept the fact that I am a man of moral. I accept that I stand up for myself. I accept the fact that I am banned. I accept that this community is rule crazy. I accept that you are telling me that victims are penalized harsher than harassers when they take a stand. Right or wrong? My case exemplifies this, once again.
: > [{quoted}](name=NicholasGerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:30:16.759+0000) > > So what you're telling me is that Riot does not even look into the report? It simply takes into account the number of reports? Because that would make sense... otherwise muting and reporting does NOT work believe me. I came back from a several year break and was getting back into the swing of things so obviously I had some rough games... I took a lot of lip from multiple players in various games and did exactly that, muted and reported. I received maybe one notification in the MANY reports I sent out about action being taken. So I ask again, how is this beneficial? People that want to talk trash should expect to get a response. If Riot wants to support harassment I respect that. I will leave this toxic community. I'm seeking the truth behind the matter. No, that is not what I am telling you. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player): > It only takes one report for our systems to review a game. If were away for several years, Riot doesn't see that as several years of good behavior. They see it as several years of no data. If a toxic player takes a long break and then comes back and continues to be toxic, that shows up as an unbroken string of poor behavior. Not every game where someone you reported was punished will trigger an IFR (Instant Feedback Report). It's a rare occurrence. Riot does not support harassment. That is why they punished you when you repeatedly engaged in it. There is no way to justify misbehavior here. If someone breaks the rules, you mute, report, and move on. It does not give you a license to join in on the rule-breaking. If you think that "People that want to talk trash should expect to get a response," that is _your_ decision to break the rules. Your opinion of the rules is of zero relevance. When a cop stops you for going 40 in a 25 zone, you can claim "I think the limit should be 45 here" all you want. You're still getting a ticket. If a librarian asks you to keep your voice down while you use the facilities, shouting that libraries should be loud will simply get you escorted out. If you go to a friend's house who insists that you remove your shoes while you're in their home, "that's a stupid rule and I do what I want" will lose you a friend. If you are using someone else's services, facilities, equipment, etc., you abide by their rules or you deal with the consequences. If you think the rules should change, that is a completely different conversation (and I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for your chances at convincing Riot to change their rules to allow behavior like yours). From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024051193-Understanding-Different-Ban-Types-FAQs): > We work with the overall community and within our own company guidelines to identify what disruptive behavior is and what the consequences for those behaviors should be. We understand that it can be difficult to know where the line is, which is why we provide chat logs and we have a few tiers in the ban process in order to allow for you to learn and grow.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:42:07.813+0000) > > No, that is not what I am telling you. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player): > > If were away for several years, Riot doesn't see that as several years of good behavior. They see it as several years of no data. If a toxic player takes a long break and then comes back and continues to be toxic, that shows up as an unbroken string of poor behavior. > > Not every game where someone you reported was punished will trigger an IFR (Instant Feedback Report). It's a rare occurrence. > > Riot does not support harassment. That is why they punished you when you repeatedly engaged in it. > > There is no way to justify misbehavior here. If someone breaks the rules, you mute, report, and move on. It does not give you a license to join in on the rule-breaking. If you think that "People that want to talk trash should expect to get a response," that is _your_ decision to break the rules. > > Your opinion of the rules is of zero relevance. When a cop stops you for going 40 in a 25 zone, you can claim "I think the limit should be 45 here" all you want. You're still getting a ticket. If a librarian asks you to keep your voice down while you use the facilities, shouting that libraries should be loud will simply get you escorted out. If you go to a friend's house who insists that you remove your shoes while you're in their home, "that's a stupid rule and I do what I want" will lose you a friend. If you are using someone else's services, facilities, equipment, etc., you abide by their rules or you deal with the consequences. If you think the rules should change, that is a completely different conversation (and I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for your chances at convincing Riot to change their rules to allow behavior like yours). > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024051193-Understanding-Different-Ban-Types-FAQs): Repeatedly engaged in sticking up for myself? You seem to be missing the point. Because I have not once bashed someone for feeding or being a less than desirable player... it's a game... So I didn't engage in harassment I engaged in doing the right thing just like any hero in society. "Behavior like mine" is dealt back to people who think they can bully other people in chat. I also was never given a specific reason as to why I was suspended. I was given a log of my words only without ANY of the nonsense being dished to me. I don't expect Riot to change their rules on my behalf, I expect humans to do the right thing and recognize right from wrong. So again, if this is not the community that stands behind victims and simply writes them off as if they are rule breakers, then please tell me this is so and we'll call it a day.
: > [{quoted}](name=NicholasGerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:14:27.940+0000) > > Have done this many times, leads to no bans or solutions. Games are full of people blowing up and flaming. I'm sick of sitting by getting trash talked while Riot does nothing about it. Yet when I snap back, I get banned yet after dealing with people saying "you suck go back to playing vs. bots" or "learn how to play" etc and continue to harass they get away unscathed... Please tell me the logic in this? If people don't want to get retaliated upon, then don't trash talk in the first place? How does the victim YES the victim become the doubly punished. I have never been a part of a gaming community where sticking up for yourself has led to punishment and let me tell you.. i have been around LONG before Riot. If you misbehave but a teammate or opponent does or says something even worse, you should definitely report them after the match, just as someone reported you for your own misbehavior. Yes, that's certainly possible. Reports are not a limited resource. Any time someone believes that another player violated LoL's behavioral standards, they can report that player. Punishments are similarly not limited: if more than one player in a game merits a punishment, they can both get a punishment. This can happen even if the players in question were antagonizing each other. The IFS doesn't need to weigh the severity of all reported players' actions and then "award" the "winner" with a punishment; it's not a contest. Think of it like dealing with a noisy person in a library: ask them to keep it down, and then notify library staff and move to another area if that doesn't work. If you get into a shouting match with them, you're just as likely to be removed, even if you weren't shouting _quite_ as loudly as they were. The goal is a quiet library. In a perfect and just world, everyone who deserved a punishment would get one. In reality, it is possible for some punishable behavior to go unpunished. First, punishments in LoL can only occur after a valid report. Second, punishments take into account the consistency and severity of the punished player's misbehavior: if two players in a match break the same rule in the same way, one who consistently misbehaves in this way might get a punishment while the other who almost never does so gets away without a punishment (this time). At the end of the day, though, all this does is explain how differences in player behavior over many games can produce different results for equivalent behavior within a single game. It doesn't excuse poor behavior. One person having a rare bad day doesn't give a consistently toxic player the right to join in. The only behavior that matters in your punishment is your own... and a good thing, too: how would you feel if you behaved yourself but got punished anyway just because all your teammates were spectacularly friendly, communicative, and positive? From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025054153-Understanding-Your-Temporary-Account-Ban): > We can not discuss other players’ actions with you but you can always report them at end of game and mute them when in game. There is no excuse for raging back or responding to people trying to get you to tilt. You are the only one responsible for your actions and your words which is what we are trying to address with these bans. You are certainly allowed to defend yourself from toxic chat, which is accomplished by muting. This is a 100% effective method. Flaming back is a 0% effective method that also constitutes unacceptable behavior and thus opens you up to reports and punishments. Read about this in more detail [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Pqc6PJUE-players-who-flame-back-in-self-defense-dont-understand-the-meaning-of-those-words).
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:15:43.758+0000) > > If you misbehave but a teammate or opponent does or says something even worse, you should definitely report them after the match, just as someone reported you for your own misbehavior. Yes, that's certainly possible. Reports are not a limited resource. Any time someone believes that another player violated LoL's behavioral standards, they can report that player. Punishments are similarly not limited: if more than one player in a game merits a punishment, they can both get a punishment. This can happen even if the players in question were antagonizing each other. The IFS doesn't need to weigh the severity of all reported players' actions and then "award" the "winner" with a punishment; it's not a contest. > > Think of it like dealing with a noisy person in a library: ask them to keep it down, and then notify library staff and move to another area if that doesn't work. If you get into a shouting match with them, you're just as likely to be removed, even if you weren't shouting _quite_ as loudly as they were. The goal is a quiet library. > > In a perfect and just world, everyone who deserved a punishment would get one. In reality, it is possible for some punishable behavior to go unpunished. First, punishments in LoL can only occur after a valid report. Second, punishments take into account the consistency and severity of the punished player's misbehavior: if two players in a match break the same rule in the same way, one who consistently misbehaves in this way might get a punishment while the other who almost never does so gets away without a punishment (this time). At the end of the day, though, all this does is explain how differences in player behavior over many games can produce different results for equivalent behavior within a single game. It doesn't excuse poor behavior. One person having a rare bad day doesn't give a consistently toxic player the right to join in. The only behavior that matters in your punishment is your own... and a good thing, too: how would you feel if you behaved yourself but got punished anyway just because all your teammates were spectacularly friendly, communicative, and positive? > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025054153-Understanding-Your-Temporary-Account-Ban): > > You are certainly allowed to defend yourself from toxic chat, which is accomplished by muting. This is a 100% effective method. Flaming back is a 0% effective method that also constitutes unacceptable behavior and thus opens you up to reports and punishments. Read about this in more detail [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Pqc6PJUE-players-who-flame-back-in-self-defense-dont-understand-the-meaning-of-those-words). So what you're telling me is that Riot does not even look into the report? It simply takes into account the number of reports? Because that would make sense... otherwise muting and reporting does NOT work believe me. I came back from a several year break and was getting back into the swing of things so obviously I had some rough games... I took a lot of lip from multiple players in various games and did exactly that, muted and reported. I received maybe one notification in the MANY reports I sent out about action being taken. So I ask again, how is this beneficial? People that want to talk trash should expect to get a response. If Riot wants to support harassment I respect that. I will leave this toxic community. I'm seeking the truth behind the matter.
: I played this game for over 6 years and haven't even been chat restricted. You have no right to retaliate against someone being rude to you because you signed the TOS to follow the rules on proper conduct and in nowhere does it give you a pass to defend yourself in anyway other than reporting players. Stop talking at all in game if it keeps getting you punished because it looks like you can't learn from your mistakes of not following the rules.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-15T05:58:01.172+0000) > > I played this game for over 6 years and haven't even been chat restricted. You have no right to retaliate against someone being rude to you because you signed the TOS to follow the rules on proper conduct and in nowhere does it give you a pass to defend yourself in anyway other than reporting players. Stop talking at all in game if it keeps getting you punished because it looks like you can't learn from your mistakes of not following the rules. That's great! Totally plausible community standards. Truly brilliant. I report people for trash talking me and saying I'm awful, go back to playing bots, delete your game, etc etc etc and no notification of punishment... yet when I decide to take a stand, insta suspension. Sorry my morals are beyond Riots rules. If that's how truly awful this community is I don't need to be a part of it. If justice isn't served, plenty of other games out there! I just am beyond shocked that this is the only gaming community where I have been punished for defending myself. Blizzard, xbox, playstation, steam, never an issue and believe me, there are TONS of trash talkers that say infinitely worse. If you are telling me that Riot allows harassment and doesn't defend people who take a stand then I will move on.
: So, it has come to this: someone displayed misbehavior in a LoL match in flagrant disregard for the game's rules, ToS, EULA, and Summoner's Code. That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. If this misbehavior happened in chat (including emotes or ping) and they don't respond positively to a _single, courteous, constructive request to focus on the game_, your best option is to mute that player. Submit a report after the match. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by asking them to keep it down and then notifying library staff and moving to another area. _Do not respond with misbehavior of your own!_ If you do that, your teammates may mute and report _you_, and those reports would be valid. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by getting into a shouting match with them. Just because someone else started it doesn't justify you in continuing it. I'm sure you're familiar with the "s/he started it" trope, where two children get into an argument or fight and then try to claim innocence of any wrongdoing by claiming that they didn't instigate it. As any parent, teacher, or other supervisor of children will tell you, that excuse doesn't fly. When Dad is trying to drive you to Disneyland and your annoying brother starts making faces at you as he's previously been told not to, you should calmly ask him to stop, and then, if that doesn't work, calmly notify your parents of the problem. Making faces at him or shouting at him has never been a good way to get him to stop, and it makes you just as guilty of that as he. Riot doesn't care who started it. Someone else's misbehavior does not justify your own. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > * Simply speaking, retaliation is not an acceptable or justifiable behavior. An argument between two players can easily create a negative experience for the rest of the players in the game with you. Regardless of the other player’s actions, this does not justify your own behavior. You alone are responsible for your actions within the game.If you encounter a toxic player like this, the best option is to simply report their behavior and move on. > * Reports are a vital piece to the puzzle. If you are not sure of what sort of behavior is reportable take a look at the [Reporting a Player FAQ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player)
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RmjB71Hq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-15T06:01:37.760+0000) > > So, it has come to this: someone displayed misbehavior in a LoL match in flagrant disregard for the game's rules, ToS, EULA, and Summoner's Code. That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. If this misbehavior happened in chat (including emotes or ping) and they don't respond positively to a _single, courteous, constructive request to focus on the game_, your best option is to mute that player. Submit a report after the match. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by asking them to keep it down and then notifying library staff and moving to another area. > > _Do not respond with misbehavior of your own!_ If you do that, your teammates may mute and report _you_, and those reports would be valid. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by getting into a shouting match with them. Just because someone else started it doesn't justify you in continuing it. I'm sure you're familiar with the "s/he started it" trope, where two children get into an argument or fight and then try to claim innocence of any wrongdoing by claiming that they didn't instigate it. As any parent, teacher, or other supervisor of children will tell you, that excuse doesn't fly. When Dad is trying to drive you to Disneyland and your annoying brother starts making faces at you as he's previously been told not to, you should calmly ask him to stop, and then, if that doesn't work, calmly notify your parents of the problem. Making faces at him or shouting at him has never been a good way to get him to stop, and it makes you just as guilty of that as he. > > Riot doesn't care who started it. Someone else's misbehavior does not justify your own. > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): Have done this many times, leads to no bans or solutions. Games are full of people blowing up and flaming. I'm sick of sitting by getting trash talked while Riot does nothing about it. Yet when I snap back, I get banned yet after dealing with people saying "you suck go back to playing vs. bots" or "learn how to play" etc and continue to harass they get away unscathed... Please tell me the logic in this? If people don't want to get retaliated upon, then don't trash talk in the first place? How does the victim YES the victim become the doubly punished. I have never been a part of a gaming community where sticking up for yourself has led to punishment and let me tell you.. i have been around LONG before Riot.
: Trash Talking Teammate that Got you Banned
It is being a victim. Getting harassed is being a victim. I'm not sure what world you live in but getting verbally abused is 100% being a victim. Standing up for yourself has never been a crime. I have muted and reported people many times that have started trash talking and NEVER receive notification of suspensions so that is not a valid solution. In this exact game, of which I was banned, I had witnesses and they supported me as well. Still seeking a proper answer and moreover - Justice....
Comentários de Rioters

NicholasGerz

Nível 31 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão